Sterling

Sterling Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Easy to submit background checks. Also easy to find past ones."
  • icon"This work great for performing credit checks on rental applications. Work seamlessly and gives me results within 24 hours."
  • icon"They notify you if there will be delay in the result and will provide you estimated time to completion. I love the free webinars that they provide to their clients."
  • icon"Firstly, there is no intimation as soon as a consultant completes the background check link."
  • icon"I'm not sure why it got stuck other than I was told the court was taking a long time releasing records but overall that was the only con I really encountered."
  • icon"Whenever we need a client package set up, the feedback is always extremely slow and frustrating. Even when we express that we need it done quickly."

Have you used Sterling and would like to share your experience with others?

All Sterling Reviews

Tanim

Probably the best I have ever used

Pros

The best thing about this is, it is simple and easy to use. It is pretty works very well for Background checks, I-9 verifications and others. It is quite feature rich.

Cons

It is a little slow, most of the times. Other than that, I like pretty much everything.

Sharyn

Robust background screening solution

Pros

I have used other background check services but this one is the most thorough. It can do a credit check very quickly. Doing a standard background check is typically quick unless the candidate has lived in several different states. For any background check platform, it will generally take a while for it to get through all the states so that's not atypical. I have had more success than not and I do like the way the reports are listed. It's very clear cut and concise.

Cons

On one occasion, I did have a background check take a long time for a candidate and it held up their employment. I'm not sure why it got stuck other than I was told the court was taking a long time releasing records but overall that was the only con I really encountered.

Edrick

Sterling is a dependable software.

I greatly recommend this software because it removes a great load in Onboarding Specialists' tasks. It gives us the opportunity to work on some other things which cannot be automated. There are some concerns in the background check results but it is very understandable because this is still a software programmed to do specific tasks. Its other features like electronic forms minimizes the use of papers and reports and analytics makes work faster. Great value for money.

Pros

This product is very easy to use and it makes our work in the HR-Onboarding team more efficiently. Its reports and analytics, electronic forms, and self-service portal are its fundamental features which both applicants and human resource professionals benefit greatly from.

Cons

Its room for improvement would be when it does the automated background checking with The Work Number, it is very sensitive to providing mismatch/issue in it. Basically, this is because it was how it was programmed. It was programmed to be very specific with the details to match. This is acceptable because, after all, this is still a program with limitations.

Angela

April 2022

Service is Sterling!

We have been with Sterling for 5+ years. We have a great relationship with our team

Pros

The support we get and the speed at which we get updates

Cons

Court related searches sometimes take too long

Reasons for choosing Sterling

Service and Price

Reasons for switching to Sterling

We moved HRIS platforms

Carter

Industry: Food Production

Fine product with non-existent customer service.

Not great.

Pros

Easy to submit background checks. Also easy to find past ones.

Cons

If you have a problem or one is taking forever to come back, it is next to impossible to contact them. There is no customer service. I also get calls from sales agents trying to sell me Sterling One, when I already use it.

Dominika

Industry: Translation and Localization

February 2022

Sterling with leave you stress free

Pros

Easy to navigate/understand the dashboard.

Cons

I cannot think of a feature I did not like or was concerned about while using the Sterling platform

Deepak

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

April 2022

Latest software to have HR system on mobile

Pros

this has mobile app and have latest features

Cons

na

Shikha

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Sterling-Over all good but needs improvement.

I am not completely satisfied with some of the features provided by Sterling but this is the preferred vendor for some of our clients. It has room for improvements.

Pros

Sterling is an online platform which provides screening and investigation services. I have been using this software for almost 6 years now and it has become advanced as compared to its previous versions. However, there is still quite a lot room for improvement. In most of the cases, the turn-around time for criminal check is quick except for few county/state-wide checks. The package set up process is easy and the customer service is good. It offers variety of checks and fulfil the background check requirements from the client every time. They even offer the facility to schedule appointment for drug and medical tests. The user interface is pretty simple and user friendly and does not require detailed instructions to complete the link. The portal allows view/download the report without the reviewer’s comments. The report generation process is easy and the final report look clean and clear.

Cons

Firstly, there is no intimation as soon as a consultant completes the background check link. They only send an email when the report is complete or they need supporting information/documentation. They should intimate us within 2 days if they are not able to get any response from the employer so that we can start following up with the employee for alternate numbers/documentation. This would expedite the process for everyone. Since there are other strong competitors in the market, they need to focus on the weaknesses in order to sustain in the market.

Richard

Sterling works great under most circumstances.

Quick and helpful fulfillment of our diverse background screening process under low-to medium volumes.

Pros

I appreciate the convenience of the user interface. The technical team at Sterling is educated in the background process law and are able to set up packages containing background check components specifically designed to meet my clients' needs.

Cons

Sterling's process can get bogged down under high volume. There are times when my company processes 20 or more background checks per day. We've had some trouble with turn-around times under these situations.

Background checks made easy!

Very positive!

Pros

It's so simple to use and the turnaround time is unreal.

Cons

The pages aren't the most user friendly but once yo learn how to navigate them it's fine.

Melissa

Industry: Security and Investigations

Easy Easy Easy!!!

Great program, using this is very helpful to the business field I am in and makes things move along fluidly.

Pros

Sterling is very easy to use, from the data entry point to finding your completed reports. You can choose your options for running just a background check or adding a motor vehicle report to it. There are also additional options like credit reports for employment purposes and many more. You can pick and choose what you need for each candidate. Turnaround time is generally pretty fast.

Cons

I do not like that I cannot add multiple peoples information at the same time when ordering the same check for more than one candidate.

Crisanto

Easy to use with quick result.

Having used this software gives us accurate and quick result necessary in making business decision.

Pros

This system is very user friendly. You just need a few clicks to complete your transaction. And the result is given to you if not today, you will get it tomorrow. They notify you if there will be delay in the result and will provide you estimated time to completion. I love the free webinars that they provide to their clients. This is something that is very valuable for us as part of their product features. Their customer support team are all great and very knowledgeable of the product.

Franco

Industry: Market Research

Sterling review

It solves my problem by providing me an easy faster way to find the right and certified people in my business.

Pros

Sterling is making sure that they can provide the right people for each Companies so you can be sure that even in this time of pandemic you can still hire the right person for your Company. There sofware is easy to use and it is fast.

Cons

Communication/ Dialogue on Asian countries I guess because the product is Great!

Reasons for switching to Sterling

This company Sterling, has a reputation.

TENANT APPLICATIONS AND SCREENING

The low cost and ease of use makes this product perfect for our needs.

Pros

This work great for performing credit checks on rental applications. Work seamlessly and gives me results within 24 hours. Plus they only charge per check so easily billed out.

Cons

They seem to have a really long billing cycle so I often get a bill long after the check so have to cross check to make sure the proper person is being billed.

Bethany

Pros

To submit a background check, it is very easy and intuitive. Just need name and email and they take care of the rest. They provide good communication to those that are getting the background check and the employer

Cons

We have had a few times where they say documents do not suffice when indeed they are sufficient and that has caused some frustration but otherwise they are very efficient in what they do.

Bismarck

February 2022

Muy Bueno

Pues este es más completo que los que yo eh utilizado, las facturaciones de créditos se hacen muy fácil y muy rápido lo cual es un punto a favor porque me ahorra tiempo y me a ayudado mucho.

Pros

Funciona muy bien para verificar los créditos y trabaja muy bien sin darme problemas

Cons

Lo único negativo es que el tiempo de facturación demora bastante

Joseph