What are Toast Payroll & Team Management users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Toast Payroll & Team Management software through verified user reviews

• icon"This software is easy to learn and use and is very user friendly. The interface is easy to navigate."
  • icon"We transitioned to this platform from Trinet and I like a lot of the functionalities better."
  • icon"This software could seem a bit intimidating by users with little to experience with payroll/timekeeping experience."
  • icon"Tip management is horrendous. It does not help my general manager know how much to pay staff at the end of the night when doing a shift review."
  • icon"Everything from tracking anniversaries and birthdays to timeoff and sick pay."

Browse all Toast Payroll & Team Management Reviews

• Have you used Toast Payroll & Team Management and would like to share your experience with others?

Trishna

June 2022

Will never use another software!

Pros

I love that i can manage my team, inventory, payroll, and sales all from one platform. Customer service is top notch as well!

Cons

It does err on the pricier side of things, but well worth the money.

eStratex is a great value for the money

Pros

eStratex is flexible to handle your payroll and HR needs. The support team at Stratex is usually very responsive and strong.

Cons

To be fair, Stratex is the only payroll/HR software that I have used, but the features and functionality of the system seems like it was built to handle only restaurants and trying to make their software handle the needs of a business that is not a restaurant has it's challenges at times.

Customer Review of StratEx

Pros

Easy for employees to use, responsive customer service team.

Cons

reporting, deductions being tied to positions which messes up payroll, not as customizable as we were initially told.

Adam

It was a solid program, but could be a little confusing and wasn't super mobile-friendly

Pros

It was easy enough to punch in and out and look for paystubs, etc, but sometimes it was a bit tougher to locate other sorts of documents.

Cons

Mobile version was tough to navigate, especially when I was looking for specific documents when I was on the go or at home, as I don't own a PC.

Jaclyn

User Friendly System

Initial set up for new hires is quick, concise, and easy.

Pros

I like that it has applicant tracking, easy terminations to process, user-friendly from payroll to viewing pay history, expenses, and making any direct deposit changes. We transitioned to this platform from Trinet and I like a lot of the functionalities better.

Cons

For hourly employees, timesheets is not very user friendly. Edits, and time logging should be easier. I also think open enrollment for benefits should have an improved enrollment process.

May 2022

Do Not Use Toast Payroll

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] was great. She is the only plus to the system.

Pros

Nothing, It does not intigrate with toast properly for tips it

Cons

We have toast for our computer system in our restaurant. It works fine. But do not, I repeat do not use toast payroll. Its hard, they teach you once and then dont help again. Both systems do not talk to eachother. Its an accounting nightmare.

Reasons for choosing Toast Payroll & Team Management

Because I thougth it would be easier. Its NOT

Heather

New to the platform but boy is it less slick than our last HR app

We are still quite new with the product, rolling out pieces of the app bit by bit. The roll out is taking longer than expected, and the overall product is clunkier than I'd prefer. The major selling point is that Stratex and Toast have a cozy relationship for an end goal of saving lots of time in HR and Admin departments. We will see.

Pros

Stratex integrates heavily with Toast, our POS as well as with payroll. That saves the admin team a lot of time! Stratex also helps with employee manuals and policies which will be a great addition to our business.

Cons

We had used BambooHR as our first ever HR software and it was really easy to navigate. Everything from tracking anniversaries and birthdays to timeoff and sick pay. There was a wonderful hiring portal too. Now we use stratex which I understand is high quality but it does not offer the ease of navigation and user friendly experience we got with BambooHR. I hope I'm just incurring a steep learning curve and that we will come out stronger on the other side.

Anthony

Amateur payroll software system for restaurants

Experience has been sub par at best. They sound like they know what they are doing. Resolved your issue only to have thr same reporting error happen 2 weeks later.

Pros

We do not like the software because we can't use it properly for tip management

Cons

Tip management is horrendous. It does not help my general manager know how much to pay staff at the end of the night when doing a shift review. Tip Manager was the reason we left ADP and should have stayed

Reasons for switching to Toast Payroll & Team Management

Tips [SENSITIVE CONTENT] which is HORRIBLE

LAURA

eStratex is a good choice for payroll

Pros

I like the ease of use on estratex, as well as the ability to track PTO/flex time.

Cons

I think they could make it easier to locate pay stubs and other docs.

eStratex hasn't lived up to what my expectations would have been

Pros

It logs all of my pay info in one area to see each pay period...breaks down everything just like on a printed pay stub

Cons

Our service hasn't been great from their side....we wait longer than expected on items to happen or to even hear back from team members on certain things.

devon

Toast Payroll Review

This software seems very nice for businesses looking to simplify their payroll process and time keeping.

Toast Payroll & Team Management