• Pros

• "I like that the questions are set up for you and all you have to do is set the calendar. It has been very nice to have quantitative results in real time as a survey is open."

• "Easy of use and simplistic questions? Good explanation on reasoning behind the questions and how they are categorized. "

• "It is easy to get started with the platform right away. Data is presented in an easy to read format. Employees can immediately engage with the tool with no instruction or hand-holding."

• Cons

• "Reporting and data manipulation still needs some work, but they are working on it. "

• "No Print functions No data dump functions to Excel or CSV A lot of explanations about the questions and what they measure, but nothing on the next steps or actions "

• "I'd like to see capability for HR and authorised managers to build customised presentation decks directly from the application."

Browse SurveyMonkey Engage Reviews

Understanding Our Employees for Business Success

Outside of the reporting issue, both the HR team administering the tool and our employee population both are very satisfied with how SurveyMonkey Engage has been able to help us as a business.

Pros

Understanding our employees' attitudes, opinions, and satisfaction is necessary for us to succeed as a company. We already used SurveyMonkey in a limited capacity, but SurveyMonkey Engage has helped us understand some key employee metrics, which I think have led us to make better business decisions. The tool is extremely easy to use from an administration standpoint, and from a user standpoint.

Cons

Our leadership team asked for a report, which we created ourselves based on the data and was not easily downloadable from the tool.

Healthcare Management Review

Overall, the experience has been great after the first 6 months of use. I do foresee upcoming hurdles including the monthly survey's don't become overly repetitive but I think that is on the company to keep the energy.

Pros

The software is very easy to user at all skill levels and provides visual information on how users are assessing the questions. When set up properly, it is easy to create custom groups. The confidentiality structure was a selling point for us to provide the confidence to the employees the company can not see their answers.

Cons

The only opportunity for improvement I have at the moment is I would like to be able to take the questions that are already being asked and restructure them to create custom job factors. For example: there are questions about communication and trust spanning several of the standard job factors. I think it would be valuable to be able to take those questions and have new job factors.

Eddie from Brain Balance

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Excellent for collecting the right information to improve your organization!

Always in the know of company production and employee feedback.

Pros

The simplest survey site on the web in my opinion. Great for optimal growth in business because you can collect the right data/information.

Cons

The user can submit any answer. You may or may not get the right feedback. Works better for larger campaigns and volume in numbers.

John from Pulford Community Living Services Inc.

Easy Peasy

Like any engagement survey, we want to check the pulse of our employees. We looked at others on the market including AON Hewitt which we found over priced with only a few more analytical features and graphs etc. SM -Engage gave us what we needed and wanted.

Pros

I really like the simplistic design and processing of the core survey. It allowed me to share with our executive team in a very easy and understandable way. Another feature I like is the analytics and feedback functions. Its almost like Survey Monkey has removed any complexity whatsoever. I really appreciate that.

Cons

Some of our staff have company email addresses and personal email addresses on file. Initially, we wanted to be able to send the survey link to both but I don't think it had the capability to use more than one.

Eli from Marathon Strategies

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Very easy for basic surveys

Great for turning around professional surveys fast and at good price.

Pros

Incredibly easy to set up quick surveys and use audience targeting to meet needs with fast turnaround time, good analysis features as well with crosstabs

Cons

Some audience targeting could be more specific to reach niche audiences, otherwise have to go to more specialized survey providers

David from Imperial Tobacco

An innovative approach to measuring employee engagement

We are now able to measure the engagement with a far more flexible approach. Employees and managers are now empowered with information to have more meaningful discussions and take actions more quickly. The people at SurveyMonkey Engage are highly customer focussed, listen to what we have to say and find ways to improve.

Pros

Enables all employees to track their own engagement strengths and opportunities. It provides individuals, managers and HR with instant access to engagement trends and allows users to focus on the things that matter right now.

Debbie from Superior Propane

Survey Monkey

We use this with our company for different survey questions which I feel is good to get an idea of what people like and dis-like.

Pros

I like that this is anonymous so that you can be very candid with your answers, I think more people are honest this way.

Cons

Sometimes I feel there are not enough questions, sometimes you want to add a note and this is not an option.

keri from Web.com

Great Survey Maker

We use the survey monkey to keep all agents engaged with the activities we do here. Between outings as a group or just where we want to donate our charity money.

Pros

I love how easy is it to not only make the surveys but also how easy it is to split the results. I love that you could see comments people leave on the survey. One of the best is you can either have the people submit names or leave as unnamed.

Cons

The colors of the programs. I wish we could customize them to make them our logo colors

Emmanuel Tei from M-P Infrastructure (Ghana) Limited

SurveyMonkey Engage Review

Only started last month, yet to see any benefits.

Pros

1. Guarantees anonimity. 2. Easy to use, user friendly. 3. High quality interface. 4. Results show very nicely and detailed. 5. The fact that you can communicate with staff on their comments is good.

Cons

1. It generates no report. 2. It does not provide tailor-made solutions for addressing findings of surveys completed. 3. It does not have in-chat platform to engage support service.

Sean from SoCalGas

Survey the Easy Way

Overall its really easy to draft any type of survey, but plotting or charting the results is something you'd have to do on your own.

Pros

I think they make it really easy to create your own surveys and receive insights from these surveys.

Cons

It would be cool if there were more integrated visualization tools for these surveys. You are left to create your own visuals.

Richard from DRPG

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

A great help to team engagement!

Very good - from the initial meeting through to the ongoing customer care even though I'm the other side off the world!, very impressed, thank you.

Pros

Engage is a great simple tool to use both for HR administrators but also for the team as a whole. The usual side of the software gives a clean and simple feel while the content gives rather in-depth results about the engagement of the business. The confidentiality of engage gives our team confidence in being able to speak out if they need to, we have had some greats comments from the feedback tool that is helping to improve our business.

Cons

The only thing I would change is some of the wording of questions, some questions can be very open leaving it to the users perception.

First time engagement survey for our organization

Before SurveyMonkey Engage, we did not have quantitative results to identify areas where improvement was needed and then to track if improvement was indeed occurring. With this product, we are able to pin point by location, title, manager, tenure, etc. where there are areas for concern and to learn where we excel. It's a great tool for the price!

Pros

Cons

When I was in the sales process, it was stated that there would be an automatic roll up the next level leader if someone didn't have enough responses to provide confidential reports. This was not the case. I understand that I can build out a report with next line level manager which is helpful to know now. I was anticipating a more robust data splice already built in.

Kelley from Catholic Eldercare

HR Director

Pros

Ease of use on employee side. It really only took 45 seconds to answer the questions.

Cons

Reports that can be tailor with ease for my organizations and the graphics downloadable.

Stefany from SafeAmerica Credit Union

Creating Transparency

We started using it around the time we were making some fairly big organizational changes. We wanted to see how the changes would impact the organization and this allowed for that as well as consistent check ins so that staff can see where their own engagement is in relation to the organization as a whole.

Pros

I love that employees are able to their own scores in relation to the organization. It’s a self check for everyone to ensure there is active engagement.

Cons

I don’t think there is anything I like least. It is really easy to use, convenient, and does all the work for you.

Streamline Onboarding and Training Surveys

Pros

If you do a high number of training or onboarding groups every year, this software is a great way to build, manage, and issue surveys to track the satisfaction and engagement across teams and class waves. Make small tweaks in language, focus, or module order between one class and the next and track improvement or disengagement to tighten your onboarding and improve retention.

Cons

Pricing makes sense for the large organizations I do technical (training manual) content creation for. However, it doesn't really make sense for smaller organizations with low churn or that do not need to rely on monthly surveys of employee satisfaction.

Martina from pelicantravel.com

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Survey Monkey Engage

I am very satisfied and I have good feeling,when I can read something good about my work

Pros

Its very good this software, because for me is very important to know if is it my work good or bad.

Cons

nothing, everything is fina, software works very well and helps me to improve my knowledge

Mark from Family Focus, Inc.

Survey Monkey Engage

It had been 5 years since or company did an engagement survey and then nothing was done with it. We were able to quickly implement, take action and communicate more effectively than we would have been able to with other surveys, who would take weeks or months to get results. With Survey Monkey, your results are received instantly.

Pros

Ease of use, short surveys and up to date engagement scores

Cons

The surveys come out monthly, which sounds good, but when trying to make changes, it feels like rapid fire.

Carrie from The Trust for Public Land

Great product

If you need an engagement software that is easy and effective, you can't go wrong with this product

Pros

Ease of set up and use for both administrator, managers and staff. Transparency of results for everyone is a terrific selling point.

Alan from MPI Ghana

MPI Ghana Review

To improve Staff engagement To improve Staff job satisfaction Only just done 1 survey, need to see how it goes over 6 months and how we have been able to address issues identified and put together plans to improve the results. To early to see any significant results

Jason from Van Wert County Agricultural Society

Industry: Building Materials

survey monkey program god to provide surveys for your use

Pros

ease of use and easy to set up and execute to get surveys to your needed people to learn their opinions or ideas

Cons

nothing was really any problems or issues regarding this program

Ginger from Nixon Power Services

Industry: Utilities

Good product other than no reporting

Pros

What is captured is good and the ease of the software is nice.

Cons

The reporting options are a necessity and are not yet a part of the offering.

Marcelina from TP

Tool to make survey

Pros

Awesome program to making survey. It was very easy to use and I recommend it for beginner.

Cons

I think that the program does not have many disadvantages

Melissa from Blackbird Logistics

Super easy platform and quick actionable results!

This has been a great tool for our small business and is allowing us to effectively gain timely insights and implement measurable initiatives to respond to employee feedback.

Pros

Cons

Sorting data into more buckets than the default options would be helpful, as well as the ability to filter feedback by date.

Nicholas from Pickaway Area Recovery Services

Industry: Public Safety

Excellent for Anonymous Surveys

We use this product to get good numbers for our Quality Assurance and Client Satisfaction Surveys.

Pros

- Easily set up a survey and questionnaire with little to no effort and get quick feedback from the results and it can all be done anonymously

Cons

Often times when I have been utilizing this as an administrator or as a user there are numerous adds throughout it for other companies which distract clientele from being fully engaged in the survey.

Mike from Leadpoint Business Services

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Great Product!

The product is fantastic and we obtain real-time results which has a very positive impact on our business. The only issue that has been a challenge is figuring out how to gain full functionality as representatives are slow to respond. I feel like I was provided a 'guide' or user manual but no one has really taken the time to go through all of the resources available in the portal.

Pros

Easy to use Obtain real-time results Great science behind results

Cons

Not knowing how to access full functionality

Monique from ClearCaptions

ClearCaptions

Very good. The support team was great. We had an issue with the birthdates being incorrect and it was fixed before we launched.

Pros

Very easy to use. The data upload process was very simple. Easy to read the results.

Cons

You can’t run reports from it. I was told to screen shot the feedback questions and overall reports. I’d like to be able to download the information.

Melissa from Sitel

SurveyMonkey Review

My overall experience was alright, but after continuously being disqualified from more than half the surveys, I lost interest.

Pros

I absolutely love the variety of surveys available at any given moment!

Cons

I dislike the fact that a lot of the surveys disqualify quickly or will take you through a series of questions (& min worth) and then disqualify you.

Anna from National Inventors Hall Of Fame

SM Engage Review

Overall, we are pleased with SM Engage! Our support rep has been very responsive and helpful, and employees have had minimal, if any, issues.

Pros

Simple to use, easy for employees to understand

Cons

No customization features (questions), limited in access for managers (all or nothing)

User friendly!

Pros

I like the ease of use and how helpful the representative was when I set everything up.

Cons

I would have liked to have been able to customize the questions being asked.