• Pros

• "Very easy to use. The team very helpful and friendly."

• "The software is fast, the input is accurate and easy to use, like face recognition and time accuracy..... "

• "TANDA has tons of great features and support is fantastic. Several of the features I'd requested were implemented quickly which shows the effort going into continual improvement"

• Cons

• "Can be occasional glitches when software is being updated but these have been resolved when we have contacted Tanda support"

• "Maybe the only issue is that you cannot set different length breaks unless you use Rosters."

• "nothing to dislike.... "

Browse Tanda Reviews

Kassy from PCSG

A good starting point

Tanda has been a vast improvement for our business and has sped up our payroll processes, created better accountability and viasability. I am excited to see the platform improve.

Pros

The Awards team assisting me build the award rules the notifications for expired qualifications

Cons

The reports function is not customisable. I don't have any use for the reports Tanda has but I do export the data in the system and build my own reports. I would like a leave liability by team or business area report. A longest hours worked report. I have been promise GPS time punches for a while now and am yet to see any progress made, this is an imperative function for my business. i would like the ability to edit the award interpretation before exporting. Currently i export to excel as our Payroll provider is not integrated. So i can manually change what i need to, but then Tanda is different to what was actually paid. I would like the ability to edit in in Tanda so that everything is current, correct and aligned.

Tanya from Big Blue

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great time tracking tool

For what we use it for its great. There are a few quirks where staff say they signed in but its not registered so I monitor it daily.

Pros

I am happy with the way it signs in and allows us to no longer use a paper sign in sheet. We are using the very basic set up, but for that its great.

Cons

For the type of business we are and what I would like to use the software for I need to request customization and that increases the monthly cost indefinitely rather then just paying a one time fee for some changes. At this point we didn't feel it was worth the extra cost. I did contact them again to discuss options once we used it for awhile, but wasn't able to get a response and just left it.

Reasons for Choosing Tanda

While learning all the products it was the simplest and I got the most support. A great feature was being able to download staff qualifications and information to their file online.

Alicia from Ready 2 Learn

Not up to scratch

Sign up and sales were great.. then it went down hill with the above mentioned issues.

Pros

- desktop look - easy to roster/view timesheets

Cons

- support is the worst, never return calls/emails, waited 2 weeks for a reply (which wasn't helpful), all overseas NOT in Australia like promised -doesn't integrate well with MYOB - multiple issues with integration -Limited customization - no where near what was promised in sales - restricted in onboard process

Response from Tanda

Replied August 2019

Hi Alicia, We received your review on Capterra and we apologise to hear you've had a horrible experience with us. Rest assured, we will get in touch with you to hear more of your feedback and make changes to these problems that are causing you difficulty with the product/team. Thank you for sending us your thoughts. We always appreciate the honest feedback. Our priority is always knowing what the clients have to say above anything else. If you have any more concerns, please give us a call at +61 300 859 117. Cheers, The Tanda Team

Richard from Appletree Estates

Outstanding Control and HUGE timesaving - Now a key part of our business

Overall Tanda provides enterprise level employee information control with minimal cost. The improvements in staff timekeeping, reduction in wage costs and the improved accuracy of our payroll and HR records have been superb. In our instance its less than 0.3% of our monthly payroll cost to run Tanda. You really have to do this.

Pros

Ease of implementation - so simple. We had 5 locations setup in a day. Adding staff to the system was simple and straightforward Cost of hardware is miniscule and doesn't require specialist contractors. Anyone handy with an ipad or similar tablet, (old or new) can setup in minutes. Degree of customisation is superb Ease of use - very intuitive - no long winded training needed Suitable for office and mobile workforce with new GPS feature in mobile app Timeclock Interface is very easy to use and simple for our staff to use Speed of use - I can do the weekly timesheets and rotas for 50 staff members in about 20 minutes. This use to take hours of company time collating paper timesheets, putting into spreadsheets etc etc etc Its more than just a time clock - we have sped up employee enboarding hugely and now have completely accurate personal information, sickness, lateness and holiday records.

Cons

Nothing, Tanda have taken onboard feedback provided and made some changes/ added features we provided. Theyre working through a few minor tweaks, but as a service its continuing to grow.

Kevin from Mill Park Podiatry Clinic Pty Ltd (t/asMy Podiatrist)

my Experience in a few words - sanity saving & so returning control back to the the employer

Sanity

Pros

Ease of use. Worked times are self-calculating with the flexibility of different breaks included. Allowing more accurate attendance tracking of our employees. Links to Award conditions. Allows for automatic Public Holiday & other leave planning. Allows interrogation of rosters and attendance data to plan finite resources and show the costs associated with proposed rosters. Allows set-up of roster templates (memorised) to be used over and over. Allows new employees to fill in their own details into the system. Clerical duties & responsibility back to employees. No more missing timesheets or timesheets sitting on the desk of a manger awaiting approval. No more 'the dog ate my timesheet' - Frustration and time-wasting just evaporates. Allows SMS to be sent to manager and employee if clock-in or clock-out is missing. Gentle reminder that they have stuffed-up (again).. Exporting capability of completed timesheets into Reckon & XERO - Priceless. Saves duplication & eliminates transposition errors. A huge time-saver. Allows the attachment of approved leave forms (PH/AL/SL/LWOP) to the event, for full traceability/paper-trail. Allows to add notes into the timesheet as part of the history of events, i.e. who authorised amended times and why & how this was relayed to payroll. The thing I like most about TANDA is the feeling that rostering and payroll is NO longer a frustrating & time-wasting chore that has to be done. I feel in control of my function and my efficiency.

Cons

The two control buttons (Clock-in and Clock-out buttons) - even seasoned and reliable employees managed to clock-in (twice) when they were supposed to clock-out. A minor headache, but a redesign would improve the total reliability i.e. if the buttons were further apart or only one showing.

andrew from Holden Special Vehicles

Tanda Review

better records of absentee, sick leave, annual leave and time keeping

Pros

simple to use once you have set up the staff into the system with hourly rates, the roster can be created well in advance with ease of changes when required, the weekly reports transfer to Excel easily which helps payroll on either a daily or weekly or monthly basis, we use the system for all three variants of Pay cycles with no issues

Cons

only one thin I personally don't like is the auto approve function, this function doesn't allow for any small amounts of overtime ie if the roster was set up with the start and finish time and the employee was to stay back for a short period say 10 minutes to complete a task the auto approve automatically converts the time Back to the Planned working hours within the roster resulting in the employee missing out on the 10 minutes pay unless I double check all clock outs

Frances from Burrum Street Medical Practice

Innovative, effective with great support

This is efficient, innovative, time saving software. Keeps staff on time and accountable. Very user friendly. The team at TANDA are very responsive, helpful and always listen to the customer. I have been very impressed with it and the company who own and run it. I have recommended it over and over and no-one I know has been disappointed.

Pros

Tanda makes managing staff very simple, excellent graphs to indicate rostering, easy to enter leave, directly imports into MYOB for payroll. Constantly being updated by the enthusiastic staff to keep up to date with requirements in the workforce.

Cons

No cons really, would like a better way to indicate when staff take leave and they have no entitlements.

Carley from Pioneer Health Pty Ltd

Dont waste time or money with cheaper alterntives

We initially subscribed to an alternative cheaper software provider for the same reasons and I can honestly say don't waste your time with the cheaper alternatives on the market. Tanda is fantastic and always looking to add additional features as requested by users. You will not be disappointed with the amount of time saved in using Tanda.

Pros

The ease of use and how integrated it is into our payroll system Time saving +++++ Integration with the award and several if needed. Comfort in knowing you are paying staff correctly

Cons

There is no internal messaging system. When changes are made to the roster you are unable to view them clearly on the app. The app does not allow you to work as a team manger and alter shifts etc... No shift swap / availability option to push out to staff for quick replacements

Jason K from Balgowlah RSL Memorial Club

Tanda Review

It has been positive overall.

Pros

The systems and processes are continuously improving. They are forever evolving and each business has different idiosyncratic problems and needs. So to see ongoing improvement with problems is great to see.

Cons

Some of the reporting and the ability to look at reports in different views. The reports are one dimensional rather than being multi-dimensional. This is not to say that these reports are terrible or don't provide insights. Some of them are very good and provide excellent insights.

Rebecc from Boost Juice Pakenham

Tanda is the best. Forget the rest.

It’s been a fantastic experience and I love the Tanda is growing, improving and getting better each month. I thought it was cool 10 months ago. And now it’s even cooler. The company is always looking at ways they can be the best!

Pros

It’s efficiency on time and practicality. Its a quick software to learn too!

Cons

When my team clocks on and off it sometimes won’t clock them off correctly. For example, clocking off but saying they are still clocked on? Could be my workers however not pressing correct buttons and not software?? But it seems to be re-occurring issue for my team.

Reasons for Choosing Tanda

Recommended by our head office company! And thank god it’s awesome!

Greg from Sandbar

All good

Pros

Timekeeping, Award calculations, Onboarding, Interaction with Payroll

Cons

Late notifications by SMS are inconsistent. Cannot publish a roster without finishing times. Dashboard Weekly Planner cannot show wages costs with On Costs. Onboarding of any Super Fund is not possible

ishbell from Hocart Lodge Aged Centre Inc.

Tanda Software

Roster can be duplicated between weeks which is excellent as my staff have set rosters. Timesheets can be updated and approved daily, which creates more efficient payroll processing at the end of the pay fortnight.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality, rostering system, helpfulness of Tanda staff during initial enquiry.

Reasons for Choosing Tanda

Ease of use and also only wanted software package for rostering and payroll

Bronwyn from Barnbougle Golf Pty Ltd

Tanda does the job

Staff breaks are a give with TANDA, we don't have to enforce breaks. Time-sheets are accurate and in live time. TANDA has eliminated the need to data entry payroll, it is more accurate, on-boarding is easier. Fine tuning leave and local rule sets can be tricky but workable in the framework once you understand the limitations of TANDA. Overall we have found TANDA to be a great product.

Pros

Tanda is a user friendly service that works, gets the data in live time and provides accurate and timely feedback on costings and reporting of your payroll costings. We can set it up to push live data through to the cost centres we choose saving time and money for management reporting.

Cons

Leave approvals are open ended, managers and supervisors can approve any amount of leave, regardless of staff entitlements.

Karen from Darts Corner

How TANDA works for us

Any problems are dealt with quickly and efficiently by support staff. You are asked for any ideas that may help you within your business. The ideas are integrated into the system if the demand is there this makes me feel that TANDA listen to their clients are are constantly looking at ways to improve and develop their system.

Pros

The software is easy for both employees and administrators to use

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this software but it would be useful for the administrators to see when there are updates on their screen so they can update the tablet rather than the update just showing on the tablet as this can sometimes effect the data they are seeing.

Andrew from Lachlans

TANDA review

Overall Experience excellent with very good Award Interpretation assisting with automating Hospitality Award compliance and payroll.

Pros

Intuitive Setup... took a little time but easy to follow. Worked immediately and easy transition for staff from old system. Staff like TANDA. Good Award interpretation and integration with payroll. Good telephone support on the few occasions we needed assistance while setting up.

Cons

nothing to dislike....

Leila from Coombe Yarra Valley

Tanda provides a level of assurance

Tanda provides a great platform to be able to streamline rostering, payroll and employee onboarding. This ensures we minimise payroll errors, it provides visibility for employees and ensures we are compliant with employment laws around Award Interpretation.

Pros

Tanda provides peace of mind that employees are being paid correctly through Award Interpretation. The new on-boarding functionality streamlines the paperwork around employee new staff saving valuable time.

Cons

There is room for improvement in the area of different levels of access to line managers to not be able to see rates above them and only below.

simone from HabitatHQ

Tanda is user friendly for both management and staff

Tanda has streamlined the process of rostering staff from different departments. It also ensures that all team member receive their roster promptly both via SMS and email.

Pros

Tanda allows me to budget and tweak roster to ensure that I maximize the staff while minimizing wages. Staff can place their Uni timetable or N/A into Tanda well in advance which has reduced swapping of shifts or no shows of staff. It is great that it is continually evolving and improving.

Cons

That I cannot see multiple future staff NA for same day until I am making that roster

Lauren from Jamala wildlife lodge

Easy, quick

Pros

When using the software, it is handy because it all links up with the other departments and I am able to easily access all information that I need.

Cons

I am unable to 'black' out certain time periods for staff so they can't add unavailability (I saw that it was on its way though), also when the roster has been published the staff are still able to change their unavailability.

Joel from Ultimate Aircraft

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great tool to manage roster and payroll

- Saved a lot of money in payroll - Saved a lot of time from my managers and payroll oficer - Simplified payroll process - Updated our time sheet procedures to a more effective system

Pros

- User friendly - Very easy to manage schedules - Live feed of who is at work and who is not - Cuts down time frame to process payroll by less than half - Allows you to easy monitor overtime - Easily integrates with many payroll sotfwares - No costly time clock needed. An used tablet will do just fine - Allows your managers to evaluate and approve time sheets

Cons

Web app is too heavy. Computer lags when using. I believe a mobile app would be better. I know they are working on it, and I hope it is live soon

Great Value For Maoney

Pros

Cons

the reporting is limited to what comes in the box. It would be good to be able to export our data to use in a BI tool like Tableau

Jacob from Redondo Beach Sportfishing & Whale Watch

Great product, even better price

Tanda has been very responsive. Customer service has been top notch. Really easy to get ahold of someone when needed. Product works great. If there is something you don't like there is a good chance they will change it. They listen to their customers.

Pros

Picture integration, employee access to request days off. Can't beat the price.

Cons

Pay periods. The currently only have e a bi-weekly and monthly set ups. If you pay semimonthly like myself you had to do some workarounds to generate reports to an Excel sheet rather than to the interface. Made it to where I couldn't use a lot if the fuclnctions of the software. Hopefully they fix this soon.

David from Newtown Garden Market

Amazing business Software

Amazing

Pros

It makes my payroll so much more easier giving me more time for the more important things in the business & personal life

Cons

Hopefully they will be able to add a staff chat button so staff can talk to each other to swap shifts

Kayleigh from Tank Juice Ltd

Fast, accurate data

-Timesheet accuracy -Face recognition -Detailed staff profiles -Easy roster planning

Pros

Cons

Not enough functions yet (I know they are always developing) Need to add in a way for the business to contact all staff and for staff to confirm/reject their weekly rosters by accepting them when they are sent to their devices. Need more ways to add comments in to rosters/staff profiles so they stay with that staff member until the account is deactivated

Camellia from Forcast

Excellent

It benefit me of saving time everything was so easy to use. The team was there if need it help.

Pros

Very easy to use. The team very helpful and friendly.

Cons

Nothing much to say! I have no negative or a least about this software

David from nsdmill.com

This time clock is the best I've seen. I no longer have to worry about keeping track of employee ti

Ease of mind. Not having to deal with time cards and sheets. This system locks up the time in and out so it can't be cheated.

Pros

I love the photo clock in and out. I know there that my employees are at my shop when they clock in and out.

Cons

I do not give access to the clock through smart phones. So if I had to say what I don't like. It would only be the off site ability to clock in and out.

Puneet from Tank Juice Ltd

I called the Tanda 3rd Eye forstaff .You can easily access thousands of stores in the world. Amazing

Pros

For me this software is awesome keep a very close eye on the costs of my staff. Easy to use. Allowing more accurate attendance tracking of our employees. It is easy to use and great for a whole team. Easy to manage staff breaks on time .With proper excellence with Graphs shows the business performance profits and loss.

Cons

None I can't find any Cons. Whatever I requires everything is in this software . Everything is Amazing. I am so glad to use this amazing Software.Thanks all Team.

Brett from Gympie Veterinary Services

Industry: Veterinary

We use Tanda effectively for rostering and electronic time sheets

Effective rostering

Pros

Effective for rostering allows us to check staffing across the entire company at glance. The electronic time cards are also a great tool.

Cons

Still not integrated with Veterinary Award . without the integration it is difficult to combine with payroll. Once integrated we will save a lot of time and money.

Bree from SunDoctors Parramatta

Great

Pros

Easy to roster staff and change shifts Layout is good and easy to look at

Cons

no option to roster staff on and remove lunch break- so when the hours are getting added on the side it isn't exact and i have to work out the hours myself. no option to look at roster monthly.

Joanna from Fitzy's Toowoomba

Easy to use, fast and efficient. Excellent user interface.

Saves time and money, increases accuracy.

Pros

Saves time and money, a much more accurate time record than manual time sheets. Keeps the staff honest!

Cons

The occasional hiccup when a staff member takes a break after midnight and the system tries to carry the shift to the next day.

Brianne from Crist & sons contractors inc

Tanda made a huge difference for my company.

Before Tanda all my employees would simply text me their hours and at what job sites. We all know that isn't the most accurate way to keep track of hours. I can already tell I will be saving a lot of money having Tanda's easy time clock app.

Pros

The time-clock app makes it easy and accurate for my carpenters to clock in/out right on site with the click of a button. Its very simple to use and even my older employees caught on quickly.

Cons

So far nothing, the software has more to offer than I even need. The prices aren't bad either, before deciding on Tanda I researched several other apps and no prices compared.

Joe from The Red Lion Hotel

Made rosters very easy for all staff

Pros

How easy it is to use and that it tells me up to date budget. Easy for staff to ask for leave. No matter where you are you can see the roster

Cons

That you can not block out busy times so staff can not ask for leave. This then makes it hard to tell staff that they can not be on leave then. The APP is still confusing when I look at rosters it comes up with the most recently done roster not current roster

KEISHA from NW DESIGN CENTER

Still learning but works great

Pros

Still learning to create payroll report since we get paid on the 5th and 20th of each month. Good product

Cons

nothing really. just that I can't seem to connect the computer clock with the other employees. It does not pick up the clock in/out.

Lauren from Kurrawa SLSC

Tanda Review

Overall our experience with Tanda and their teams has been positive. We've had the usual teething issues and times where things didn't work how we would like but Tanda have always been there to assist, listen and try to fix the issues.

Pros

- handled our complex award for costings - reasonably easy to use - good customer service/support - constantly improving the product based on user feedback

Cons

- a few aspects it doesn't handle well

Fiona from Spotted Frog Kindergarten

Tanda Review

I am solving the issue of staff arriving late for their shift with Tanda - what gets clocked is what gets paid so there is a big i captive for them to be on time.

Pros

I love that my staff can enter leave requests direct into tanda which once approve show up on my roster each week. My staff love that they get a text each week and can easily see their rostered shifts

Cons

I have not found any cons with this software

Daniel from compassionate friends homecare

customer care at midnight

I love it. It needs a little fine tuning, but overall it's great

Pros

when I needed help, and it was midnight here, someone from Tanda was available. Very helpful

Cons

have issues with multiple clocking in and out on the same day. My employees work in different houses during the day, and it can become a bit of a mess with the clock ins and outs

Michael from Coventry Village

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Excellent software

The team have been brillant in any queries

Pros

Very easy to use and makes a big diffrence to me and the team.

Cons

I have nothing aganst the system and works well for me

Corrinna from Politis Group

We have been using Tanda for a few months now. It is easy to use and great for a mobile work force.

Pros

Tanda is simple and easy to use. As an administrator it provides a great live dashboard to let me see how many staff we have active at any given time on worksites around the state. We are currently transitioning to complete payroll integration which will significantly reduce data processing times. The Tanda staff have worked closely with my staff to ensure that the software is capturing all of the complexity of a variety of government awards including construction, transport and administration.

Cons

The full internet site is excellent but the app version is not so fully developed at this time. I assume that with time this will catch up.

Daisy from SDEG Ltd

So straightforward to use - intuitive interface and incredibly helpful customer support!

Pros

How easy it is to use. Everything works exactly as it should do, and it takes no time at all to go in and sort timesheets or check who is in the office. I love that it takes pics when you use the clocking-in tablet so you can be extra certain that people don't check in on someone else's behalf.

Cons

It is definitely more suited to people who work shifts. It would be fab if there was an option when you set up a user to select either 'shift' or 'set hours' and then just put their hours in right from the start. It would also be great if you could download all of the photos that are taken, as we really wanted to turn these into a video at the end of the year :)

Claire from Iron Spike Model Train Museum

I've been impressed with both the software and the company.

Pros

My volunteers are using it!! I was concerned because some of them are not comfortable with computers. But so far all that have tried it are willing to use it. The Tanda staff reached out to us and offered to let us use the app free! Since I only need to track volunteer hours (not make schedules, or pay salaries, or use any of the other great features) it is a blessing to have use of this software.

Cons

The cost was going to be prohibitive for us as a small non-profit because we have a robust staff of volunteers. Last year we logged over 10,000 hours among 25-50 volunteers. It's a lot of manual work but no way could we afford to use the app.

Alistair from Stabler & Howlett Veterinary Surgeons

Industry: Veterinary

Fantastic service

Excellent, so far!

Pros

Extremely efficient help over the internet to solve rostering and timesheet needs

Cons

I haven't found any specific issues so far.

Doug from Rocket Composites

A great looking and easy to use time clock!

Great product and great customer service!

Pros

User-friendly and nice looking graphic interface.

Cons

I have no complaints, to be truthfully honest.

Renaldo from Medicross Medical

I find Tanda very user-friendly. Great product and real value for money.

Accuracy has improved . There is no need to worry about complying to the specific Awards. Saving lots of time on payroll processing.

Pros

Very user-friendly. Very easy to set up . Various reports available. Very accurate and up to date with latest Awards.

Cons

Additional reports would ad value ,for example leave summary reports.

Ben from Playmates Cottage

Tanda_Review

ill say good. because besides having a shaky start it is proving to be how we want it in terms of going electronic and saving paper.

Pros

The fantastic exporting it does to payroll softward

Cons

The Sign In app sometimes doesnt work but it should work once we have installed our Ipad on Reception.

Pat from Vantage Fuels

Tanda

Really happy overall with the software, been quite a time saver

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use, custom built award rules, customer support is great

Cons

I think there could be some further work done on being able to produce more meaningful and better formatted reports.

Tamara from Hervey Bay Day Care & Respite Centre Inc

The team at Tanda were very helpful, prompt and listened to the needs of our organisation.

Pros

The software is easy to use and works with our current accounting platform XERO. All applications are easy and the team ensures that support is available. I like the fact the functions for our team and the app available. This system has cut down our administration time and we also like that each platform is tailored to organisational needs and now includes our award to assist with our payroll. We like the staff on boarding function

Cons

It would be great if the platform could be expanded to Client Management System as this would have all functionality in one.

Rayner from Retail Zoo

Get it

Pros

Does everything we need it to do, and if it somehow doesn't do it, they will make a plan to fix it.

Cons

Struggles to deal with large sets of data. Becomes very slow and extremely unresponsive

Christian from Sieg Enterprises PTY LTD

Excellent and easy

Pros

Software is quite easy to set up but more importantly quite easy to use for employees. Product support and help is exceptional and the whiole team hasbeen very helpfull. I was guided through the steps and any queries were asked very promptly. Integration with QuickBooks & KOUNTA is a great feature.

Cons

The superannuation add on has to be seperatly activated due to privacy law requirements - I wish I had known this upfront as I started onboarding without it. Only a minor issue though as only two employees were affected.

Sarah from Empire Office Furniture

Easy to use clock in

Great I use in store, I'm not responsible for payroll, it works well to keep track of staff times.

Pros

I love how easy it is to apply for leave for staff

Cons

I have had no issues with this software

Karmen from Many Hands Market

Older Manager learning new tricks with staff timesheets

Tanda staff is great to work with and they know their product.

Pros

This has been a challenge for me as I am almost 60 and have not used this type of a clock in system. Your staff has made this an enjoyable process and actually I am enjoying the whole system now. And when I have questions - Tanda folks are always there to help. GREAT JOB! Happy New Year!

Cons

Just learning it was a bit overwhelming for me at first. I understand I am older and not a big tech person. So that does not reflect on Tanda and how the system works.

Pankaj from Hampers with Bite

Tanda Review

Pros

Usability, Time clocks can be used at multiple location. Easy to manage hours in correct and efficient manner

Cons

Software is good. It should allow to send custom text messages or emails to employees.