Tanda

Tanda Reviews

RATING:

• icon"Another feature that is good about the program is that everything is auto saved. There is no need to save a roster once its drafted."
  • icon"For me this software is awesome keep a very close eye on the costs of my staff."
  • icon"The fantastic exporting it does to payroll softward."
  • icon"Very minor glitches in signing our staff on with their various devices. This may have been our errors though ;) )."
  • icon"This then makes it hard to tell staff that they can not be on leave then. The APP is still confusing when I look at rosters it comes up with the most recently done roster not current roster."
  • icon"This makes it very inconvenient especially when I need to have a quick review of the roster for the month."

Browse all Tanda Reviews

• Have you used Tanda and would like to share your experience with others?

Kassy

A good starting point

Tanda has been a vast improvement for our business and has sped up our payroll processes, created better accountability and viasability. I am excited to see the platform improve.

Pros

The Awards team assisting me build the award rules the notifications for expired qualifications

Cons

The reports function is not customisable. I don't have any use for the reports Tanda has but I do export the data in the system and build my own reports. I would like a leave liability by team or business area report. A longest hours worked report. I have been promise GPS time punches for a while now and am yet to see any progress made, this is an imperative function for my business. i would like the ability to edit the award interpretation before exporting. Currently i export to excel as our Payroll provider is not integrated. So i can manually change what i need to, but then Tanda is different to what was actually paid. I would like the ability to edit in in Tanda so that everything is current, correct and aligned.

Response from Tanda

Appreciate your review and feedback Kassy!

Ryan

Buyer beware

I found the Tanda sales and accounts staff to be too focused on billing and locking customers in to annual contracts than delivering value. You get the felling the sales staff are high fiving each other when they hook up another sucker. If there is an issue eg not delivering what you thought you were getting... you just get handed over from one rep to the next. No one takes accountability. Most company's during covid shutdown offered support to the hospitality industry in some way... like crediting fees during a shutdown. Not Tanda! I tried to cancel my subscription several times prematurely but they did not let me go and then billed my credit card for another 12months without giving me any chance to leave. Overall, the worst customer experience I have ever had with a tech company.

Pros

The set up and integrations with myob / xero were good.

Cons

I wsa led to believe by their sales guys that the intergatons would be No integration with my pos so couldnt view live labour cost percentages by location. The mobile app had very limited use also.

Reasons for choosing Tanda

It was a mistake. I should have just gone with Deputy. They are much cheaper, have better integrations and roster customisation. Their app is much better also.

Response from Tanda

Hi Ryan, We received your review on Capterra and we apologise to hear you've had a negative experience with us. Rest assured, we will get in touch with you to hear more of your feedback and make changes to these problems that are causing you difficulty with the product/team. Thank you for sending us your thoughts. We always appreciate the honest feedback. Our priority is always knowing what the clients have to say above anything else. If you have any more concerns, please give us a call at +61 300 859 117. The Tanda Team

Tanya

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Slow to update

Customer support has been good and for what we pay, I cannot complain

Pros

I like the ease of having staff sign in with a code and being able to track time and use for payroll. Also like a place to keep staff files electronically with the warning on expiries.

Cons

It often doesn't update staff sign in on the day. Sometimes yes, sometimes its not until the next day that it shows a staff signing in or out or at all for either. Its very slow to update. It was set on a two week pay period as I was told I have to pay for more the option of bi-monthly and I saw no value in this for one feature. I now have it without the pay increase after almost 2 years.

Reasons for choosing Tanda

Staff profiles, ease of use, cost

Staff profiles in Tanda

Response from Tanda

We very much appreciate your review and feedback Tanya.

Kate

August 2022

Tanda review

Pros

The rostering platform is extremely easy to use. The ability to copy a roster over one week to the next is great and ensures consistency for our team and children (we are a childcare service). The rostering platform also clearly alerts you to staff unavailability and highlights when necessary certificates and qualifications are set to expire.

Cons

Payroll configuration has been an issue lately but prior to this it was easy and efficient to use.

Richard

Outstanding Control and HUGE timesaving - Now a key part of our business

Overall Tanda provides enterprise level employee information control with minimal cost. The improvements in staff timekeeping, reduction in wage costs and the improved accuracy of our payroll and HR records have been superb. In our instance its less than 0.3% of our monthly payroll cost to run Tanda. You really have to do this.

Pros

Ease of implementation - so simple. We had 5 locations setup in a day. Adding staff to the system was simple and straightforward Cost of hardware is miniscule and doesn't require specialist contractors. Anyone handy with an ipad or similar tablet, (old or new) can setup in minutes. Degree of customisation is superb Ease of use - very intuitive - no long winded training needed Suitable for office and mobile workforce with new GPS feature in mobile app Timeclock Interface is very easy to use and simple for our staff to use Speed of use - I can do the weekly timesheets and rotas for 50 staff members in about 20 minutes. This use to take hours of company time collating paper timesheets, putting into spreadsheets etc etc etc Its more than just a time clock - we have sped up employee enboarding hugely and now have completely accurate personal information, sickness, lateness and holiday records.

Cons

Nothing, Tanda have taken onboard feedback provided and made some changes/ added features we provided. Theyre working through a few minor tweaks, but as a service its continuing to grow.

Response from Tanda

Appreciate your review and feedback Richard!

Kevin

my Experience in a few words - sanity saving & so returning control back to the the employer

Sanity

Pros

Ease of use. Worked times are self-calculating with the flexibility of different breaks included. Allowing more accurate attendance tracking of our employees. Links to Award conditions. Allows for automatic Public Holiday & other leave planning. Allows interrogation of rosters and attendance data to plan finite resources and show the costs associated with proposed rosters. Allows set-up of roster templates (memorised) to be used over and over. Allows new employees to fill in their own details into the system. Clerical duties & responsibility back to employees. No more missing timesheets or timesheets sitting on the desk of a manger awaiting approval. No more 'the dog ate my timesheet' - Frustration and time-wasting just evaporates. Allows SMS to be sent to manager and employee if clock-in or clock-out is missing. Gentle reminder that they have stuffed-up (again).. Exporting capability of completed timesheets into Reckon & XERO - Priceless. Saves duplication & eliminates transposition errors. A huge time-saver. Allows the attachment of approved leave forms (PH/AL/SL/LWOP) to the event, for full traceability/paper-trail. Allows to add notes into the timesheet as part of the history of events, i.e. who authorised amended times and why & how this was relayed to payroll. The thing I like most about TANDA is the feeling that rostering and payroll is NO longer a frustrating & time-wasting chore that has to be done. I feel in control of my function and my efficiency.

Cons

The two control buttons (Clock-in and Clock-out buttons) - even seasoned and reliable employees managed to clock-in (twice) when they were supposed to clock-out. A minor headache, but a redesign would improve the total reliability i.e. if the buttons were further apart or only one showing.

Response from Tanda

Thanks for the review Kevin. Great to hear Tanda is helping so much with your business.

Wes

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Paid for itself in the first week.

I’d throughly recommend TANDA to anyone. Having staff log in via a tablet, or via a GPS enabled remote app, means that I’m only paying for the hours staff are working, not from the time they wrote on a timesheet to cover up the early finish or late start. Rostering has gone from a 4 hour manual process to a 4 minute process using templates. The staff have embraced it and is now as much a part of our business as pay day.

Pros

Having been an employee in a business that used TANDA, adopting when I took a managers role inaother company was a no brainer. Having used it from both sides of the fence, its very simple for even the least tech savvy Neanderthal to use. From an employers point of view, rostering, managing leave, payroll, and now the simple method for onboarding new staff, makes this a key part of our business.

Cons

The upgrade from the previous version top the current version made this a much more flexible system, however some features were lost, such as having cost break downs and percentages at the top of the page when doing rosters.

Reasons for choosing Tanda

As a employee who had previously used TANDA, it was a simple decision to make.

Response from Tanda

Thanks for the review Wes. Great to hear Tanda is helping so much with your business.

Frances

Innovative, effective with great support

This is efficient, innovative, time saving software. Keeps staff on time and accountable. Very user friendly. The team at TANDA are very responsive, helpful and always listen to the customer. I have been very impressed with it and the company who own and run it. I have recommended it over and over and no-one I know has been disappointed.

Pros

Tanda makes managing staff very simple, excellent graphs to indicate rostering, easy to enter leave, directly imports into MYOB for payroll. Constantly being updated by the enthusiastic staff to keep up to date with requirements in the workforce.

Cons

No cons really, would like a better way to indicate when staff take leave and they have no entitlements.

Response from Tanda

Thanks for the review and feedback Frances!

Jason K

Tanda Review

It has been positive overall.

Pros

The systems and processes are continuously improving. They are forever evolving and each business has different idiosyncratic problems and needs. So to see ongoing improvement with problems is great to see.

Cons

Some of the reporting and the ability to look at reports in different views. The reports are one dimensional rather than being multi-dimensional. This is not to say that these reports are terrible or don't provide insights. Some of them are very good and provide excellent insights.

Response from Tanda

Thanks for the review and feedback Jason!

Great Value For Maoney

Pros

TANDA has tons of great features and support is fantastic. Several of the features I'd requested were implemented quickly which shows the effort going into continual improvement

Cons

the reporting is limited to what comes in the box. It would be good to be able to export our data to use in a BI tool like Tableau

Response from Tanda

Appreciate your review and feedback!

Greg

All good

Pros

Timekeeping, Award calculations, Onboarding, Interaction with Payroll

Cons

Late notifications by SMS are inconsistent. Cannot publish a roster without finishing times. Dashboard Weekly Planner cannot show wages costs with On Costs. Onboarding of any Super Fund is not possible

Response from Tanda

Thanks for the review and feedback Greg!

andrew

Tanda Review

better records of absentee, sick leave, annual leave and time keeping

Pros

simple to use once you have set up the staff into the system with hourly rates, the roster can be created well in advance with ease of changes when required, the weekly reports transfer to Excel easily which helps payroll on either a daily or weekly or monthly basis, we use the system for all three variants of Pay cycles with no issues

Cons

only one thin I personally don't like is the auto approve function, this function doesn't allow for any small amounts of overtime ie if the roster was set up with the start and finish time and the employee was to stay back for a short period say 10 minutes to complete a task the auto approve automatically converts the time Back to the Planned working hours within the roster resulting in the employee missing out on the 10 minutes pay unless I double check all clock outs

Response from Tanda

Appreciate your review and feedback Andrew!

ishbell

Tanda Software

Roster can be duplicated between weeks which is excellent as my staff have set rosters. Timesheets can be updated and approved daily, which creates more efficient payroll processing at the end of the pay fortnight.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality, rostering system, helpfulness of Tanda staff during initial enquiry.

Cons

Can be occasional glitches when software is being updated but these have been resolved when we have contacted Tanda support

Reasons for choosing Tanda

Ease of use and also only wanted software package for rostering and payroll

Reasons for switching to Tanda

Care Systems not user friendly and was looking for a software for rostering and payroll only.

Response from Tanda

Thanks for the review Ishbell. Great to hear Tanda is helping so much with your business.

Bronwyn

Tanda does the job

Staff breaks are a give with TANDA, we don't have to enforce breaks. Time-sheets are accurate and in live time. TANDA has eliminated the need to data entry payroll, it is more accurate, on-boarding is easier. Fine tuning leave and local rule sets can be tricky but workable in the framework once you understand the limitations of TANDA. Overall we have found TANDA to be a great product.

Pros

Tanda is a user friendly service that works, gets the data in live time and provides accurate and timely feedback on costings and reporting of your payroll costings. We can set it up to push live data through to the cost centres we choose saving time and money for management reporting.

Cons

Leave approvals are open ended, managers and supervisors can approve any amount of leave, regardless of staff entitlements.

Response from Tanda

Thanks for the review Bron. Great to hear Tanda is helping so much with your business.

Emma

Industry: Utilities

June 2022

All good at the start but as time goes on who do you contact....

It has made life at work simpler but when there is a headache or a bump in the road there is a real bump in the road. Not what I expected and not overall very happy with this software at all. Communication needs to improve especially with a system that affects payroll. You should be able to get answers sported out in minutes not hrs on these matters.

Pros

Scheduling rosters, employees can create their own leave, qualifications

Cons

When issues with payroll it takes at least 5 hrs for them to get back to you mostly. Can only communicate through chat or email. The only phone number is... you guessed it for sales and someone is always on the phone happy to take a call. another sale another $

Reasons for switching to Tanda

Because this seems easier and it was Australian business. How wrong I could have been.

Response from Tanda

Hi Emma, We received your review on Capterra and we apologise to hear you've had a negative experience with us. Rest assured, we will get in touch with you to hear more of your feedback and make changes to these problems that are causing you difficulty with the product/team. Thank you for sending us your thoughts. We always appreciate the honest feedback. Our priority is always knowing what the clients have to say above anything else. If you have any more concerns, please give us a call at +61 300 859 117. The Tanda Team

Karen

How TANDA works for us

Any problems are dealt with quickly and efficiently by support staff. You are asked for any ideas that may help you within your business. The ideas are integrated into the system if the demand is there this makes me feel that TANDA listen to their clients are are constantly looking at ways to improve and develop their system.

Pros

The software is easy for both employees and administrators to use

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this software but it would be useful for the administrators to see when there are updates on their screen so they can update the tablet rather than the update just showing on the tablet as this can sometimes effect the data they are seeing.

Response from Tanda

Thanks for the review Karen. Great to hear Tanda is helping so much with your business.

Leila