Targetprocess

Targetprocess Reviews

RATING:

• icon"In-depth programm for business use, a lot of professional features like portfolio dashboard, kanban, backlog. Great reporting and visualisation."
  • icon"Its cost effective as compared to its other counter parts which makes it popular among early stage start ups."
  • icon"That it helps run the business better and faster and they update the software better then the other software programs."
  • icon"Very time consuming at the beginning because of missing drafts or templates."
  • icon"There are no tools to evaluate the effectiveness of time spent. There is no way to leave comments on tasks and attach documents to cards."
  • icon"There was a lack of integrations with other productivity and deployment tools at our company."

Browse all Targetprocess Reviews

• Have you used Targetprocess and would like to share your experience with others?

Industry: Information Services

Powerful Software for Agile Organizations, Could Improve in Usability on Higher End Functionality

We are using Targetprocess in our daily Agile practice. Our developers and Product Owners are trained in its use, and it is a huge piece of our practice. The software is key to our Agile efforts, and is relatively easy to set-up and use. However, the buyer should be aware that unless you deploy one of the pre-built frameworks, you will be starting with a clean slate, and will have to build your own structures, and this can take a bit of thought and time. I enjoy using the software, and we intend to renew our license for the next year, and will be making efforts to expand the user base. The ability to define different workflows for different teams is very powerful, as is the Request Portal, and other more DevOps type features. Story card aging is another nice feature that we now implement through custom rules.

Pros

Excellent pricing structure, easy to set up, and implementation/training professional services are first rate. The software is powerful and can handle various different approaches to Agile/Agile Scrum, and comes with pre-built solutions for frameworks like SAFe. Our organization was up and running in little time.

Cons

Some of the more powerful features, such as creation of rules could be more straightforwardly implemented. Some features have a "coding" feel to them that could improve in usability, user-friendliness. The software is sensitive to hierarchical structure of Agile entities, and you have to get this right. The ability to move/transform entities into different levels of the hierarchy could be improved, and sometimes can disconnect entities from the hierarchy, forcing the user to reconnect them manually.

Reasons for choosing Targetprocess

Customizability, Ease of Use, Quality of the Professional Services Organization, Price, Power of Features

Reasons for switching to Targetprocess

Taiga was too limited and didn't support enough of the elements of our Agile Practice and had no true DevOps features. While we liked its simplicity, it did lack many advanced features we thought were important.

December 2021

Powerful agile project management tool

We started small with one client and project, then slowly added all our clients and projects. Some clients had other requirements and TP was easily able to handle what we needed as we expanded it's usage into sprint planning, daily check in, project planning, releases, automated reporting, etc. What I like best is the confidence it gives me that it will be able to grow with our needs into the future.

Pros

As our organization continues to grow and have more complex needs, Targetprocess can easily handle whatever our needs are and helps us to grow using standardized methods no matter the project. Also, we have many creative people in the tool and it's user friendly for the non-technical types too.

Cons

It's great power can also be a weakness, as getting it setup and configured requires planning offline, team alignment and understanding before moving the workflow to a digital tool like Targetprocess. Having someone who understands Agile and programming is best to get this setup for you as its so customizable it can be intimidating.

Reasons for choosing Targetprocess

Jira was too technical for our non-technical users, such as account managers, creative, copywriters, and media people.

Reasons for switching to Targetprocess

We migrated from Waterfall to Agile PM Methodology.

My experience with Targetprocess

We are using Targetprocess mostly for Product Backlog management. It helps us to visualize backlogs of different teams inside of one product and create a "big picture". Service organisations are using Kanban practices and it perfectly solves prioritization and backlog management issues.

Pros

- Flexibility of the tool, customization options - Ability to create any kind of process workflow - Out of the box Kanban metrics - Representation of data on views and boards in any kind of form, for different stakeholders - Visual cards and thier options - Ability to automate process steps with web hooks and metrics

Cons

- Timeline is not useful - Interdependencies management is poor - Reporting engine, options are limited - Customisation of entity view is not possible - Access management options is limited - Lack of capacity/resource management functionality - Lack of Portfolio management (cost management, portfolio roadmaps, strategic dashboard, what if analysis)

Aaron

Excellent alternative to JIRA

We used JIRA for several years and it's good, but the lack of proper integrated hierarchy means organising 10,000+ items is just impossible. Even 3rd party plugins dont help much. The UI is slow and unattractive and after 6 months trying to get JIRA Porfolio to work (a cool idea!) I could never get it to and the response from Atlassian was disappointing overall. The UI is much, much better in Target Process and

Pros

* Responsive UI * Adding many stories at once is easy so doesn't interrupt your flow * Incredible customer support responsiveness * Dashboards are 10x better than anything in JIRA * Reports are built in and very well designed, things you have to buy from 3rd parties in JIRA (if you even can)

Cons

* Roadmapping is harder than it looks, some planning features missing means i can't throw away my gantts just yet but it's getting close * Search results have way too much white space, can be hard to find exactly what you're looking for - JIRA was better at this * Difficult to learn the filtering side of things for anything more than basic needs (but their customer support team are amazingly supportive on this, even writing a script for me immediately to address my individual need). Oh, this is meant to be the con section isn't it. ;-) * Workflows aren't quite as customisable as JIRA, such as setting triggers and custom screens

Reasons for choosing Targetprocess

Price, featureset, ease of use

Reasons for switching to Targetprocess

* wanted faster and cleaner UI and larger hierarchy support

Bruno

Awesome product for the right cases

TP helped us a lot to manage a complex project that had many teams working in parallel in a large product roadmap. My conclusion was that to be worth the investment the teams should take advantage of all the features and metrics that it can generate. Depending on client's project management in some cases it was not possible to use correctly sprints and generate metrics. In those cases we ended migrating to other tool (such as Trello).

Pros

Tons of good features Very flexible and powerful

Cons

Expensive for companies in Brazil As we are a consulting company, there wasn't a good (and cheap) way to add clients to the projects with the ability to add comments to cards without purchasing a license. In some cases there were more than 10 people involved in the project that would have very small interactions. It would not make sense to purchase licenses for everyone.

Reasons for choosing Targetprocess

After watching some videos it seemed we liked a lot the flexibility to create our custom processes. Being able to have cards automatically moving across teams depending on their status was very nice.

Reasons for switching to Targetprocess

We started working with larger projects that required a better control of the roadmap and we also wanted to have better metrics about our teams and deliveries.

Marco

A strong Agile and multiproject companion tool

We have introduced Targetprocess during 2017 year since we have started to really implement an Agile approach to our development process. We are also active JIRA users and from the beginning we discovered a much more clean approach with TP, and a much more powerful reporting tools.

Pros

We have found it very clean and simple in the day by day usage, it has powerful reporting functions that helps to keep track of your progression and global performance between multiple projects

Cons

We are missing some functionalities, like the skills matrix tool in order to have a clear view of allocated peoples vs. skills required on a project basis. Some aspect of the UI can be improved and much polished to be more clean, but we know that its a matter of time.

Reasons for switching to Targetprocess

Because we have done an internal assessment about our production tools and our analysis tell us that TP has a great potential more than other competitors

Target Process is one of the strongest project management tools available

If we were going to start a business today or if I had 1-2 months for setup and on boarding, I would strongly consider Target Process to run the project management just because of the large number of options for structuring the workflow and reporting metrics. I would compare it most to Jira classic projects, but more user friendly.

Pros

At first glance, you can do anything you want with Target Process. It is geared to set up workflows and views the way you want them to perfectly fit your business structure. The more time our team spent in Target Process, the more we realized how it is extremely customizable. Of all of the Project Management tools I have viewed (which is a lot) I have never seen one that would allow you to created as many variations of a project view and related reports as Target Process.

Cons

With all of the customization possible, it is very daunting to get it set up and running. The only reason we did not stick with it long-term is because we had a hard deadline to change project management software, and could not onboard everyone fast enough. Other than that, the only things "missing" are things like bulk edit or moving tasks to a different project. Very minor things.

Reasons for switching to Targetprocess

Mavenlink is more than double the monthly user price than Target Process with many less features.

Kelly

Target process

I like that is easy to use and that you do not need to be a genius to use it

Pros

Cons

I think it makes the other software programs look bad because they are not as good as the targetprocess

Reasons for choosing Targetprocess

Because the other ones are harder to use and do not work well

February 2022

A very good product

At first, I was rather overwhelmed to be honest. However, the more I use it, the more I appreciate the collaborative aspect and how, if handled properly, it helps making sure that we keep track of a variety of projects and tasks, to the minutest if details, if need be. I also appreciate the simplicity in terms of layout, it helps with maintaining focus, if this makes sense. Overall, I am glad we have it as an integral part of our admin department.

Pros

I like how flexible TP is, and how it allows the whole team to keep track of projects, tasks, events in the making as well as course scheduling, purchase requests and orders, follow-up's - basically anything and everything we need to keep tabs on in order to ensure smooth workflow in the company as a whole. When I started working with it, I used to think about it as the less hip version of Trello, although admittedly this does justice neither to TP, nor to Trello.

Cons

Since it is so flexible, TP takes quite some time to get used to and to find one's way around in. I am sure it is easy to get way overwhelmed by it, too, but luckily my onboarding layed specific emphasis on all the supportive software we use to make workflow as effortless as can.

November 2022

Amazing project management software

I have a great experience using this software.

Pros

Targetprocess offers a lot of cool features that helps to small businesses to manage their project.

Cons

I am using it not long time ago. i will test it and see.

Dejan

As regular TP user for more than 5 years I recommend this tool to every team with agile mindset

We are having multiple teams that are cross-functional and have multiple projects. Also we practice some of the agile methodologies in our work and TP is great tool to support our business needs. Also TP is great tool and has great blog so we give to all our new employees as onboarding procedure to learn from TP blog and to get familiar to TP.

Pros

TP supports all agile methodologies. TP supports very big flexibility over it configuration and setup. It is complex, very very complex, but still has intuitive UI. I like TP's DSL used in search and filters. TP is very very rarely under maintenance but even there it is usable. As admin on TP I have big flexibility with user management. Licensing is flexible and it is easy to add or remove some team members. I like TP's blog. Also I life option "follow" on items in TP.

Cons

Price, I have to say for company like our (from Bosnia) this price range is very unpopular. Some dashboards, graphs, reports are very hard to understand and setup. We could have use of some integrations that other products support (Bitbucket, some solutions for software documentation, Gdrive, Slack,...). Sometimes descriptions on items are flickering (like they are being updated with some delay). Pasting image to description is awesome thing, but sometimes can be slow and can irritate.

Reasons for choosing Targetprocess

I used it in my previous company when we accidentally run into TP. Ever since then we use it (now I can say in both of my companies). I can say that over time I just started to find more and more positive sides. Most important about TP is that it is very intuitive and very user friendly once you use it for some time. I think it really supports everyday work of agile-oriented teams.

Industry: Newspapers

TargetProcess powers our business and project team

My team have used TargetProcess for around 6 years. Those years have seen a lot of change for my team and for TargetProcess, although I think the core of what attracted me to TargetProcess is still the same, namely the separation of data from presentation. It's a simple and common concept to developers of many types, but it's very rare to see in tools, even complex project management tools. Most have 'our way' or more likely 'the way' and allow for minor tweaks to that approach, but rarely let you build limitless ways to view the data. Over the years with TargetProcess my team and our processes have changed considerably, but thanks to the flexibility of TP we've been able to iterate the various presentations of our work data without needing to move to another tool (User Stories, Bugs, Features and Epics, across boards, reports and dashboards). The support at TP is second only to the inherent flexibility of the product, but it's also a big part of what's kept us with TP all this time. On the rare (5-10 times a year) occasions I need to ask a question, I pop onto live chat, upload a screenshot or video and get an answer, typically within minutes, typically a full solution that allows me to carry on with what I'm doing straight away. In the rare cases it isn't possible, support create a suggestion ticket for me or upvote an existing one if it's there and I've seen several of them appear in the product. My 4s and 3s in the ratings are only because I deem 5 to be almost perfect and there's almost always room for improvement. I gave Support a 5 as there honestly isn't much more that could be improved there. I regularly evangelise TargetProcess to other companies and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Pros

Flexibility (abstraction of data from presentation).

Cons

Nothing major.

Visual Software Management that really works

We were a MS Project Pro shop for several years in our internal IT support organization . . . and were leveraging various features of MS Project Pro in phases. While there were "good things" about the product, it just turned out to be "too cumbersome" and "time-consuming" to get data in . . . in order to get anything out in a timely fashion. When the decision was made to find something else, we would end up selecting "Targetprocess" - a true visual software management application. There were several key things that got us excited from the start: ease-of-use, quick implementation, ability to import content from external apps, conceptual simplicity, ability to customize various types of views to support our Agile teams (Kanban and Scrum), ability to tweak workflows for various entity types (e.g. Projects, Epics, Features, User Stories, etc.) In many ways, Targetprocess reminds me of my toy box when my brother and I were growing up. We would reach in and be surprised by the toy we would bring out to play with . . . and like our toy box, Targetprocess will surprise you in what you'll find when reaching in . . . to locate / leverage various features and functionalities that constantly surprises you. Besides the extensive flexibility of Targetprocess, the company has developed a decent set of user guides and training videos. I would recommend viewing the training videos, first, in order to get a first-hand look-and-feel of the capabilities of the product. And realize, you are just scratching the surface, when viewing them. The videos only begin to "hint at" what you can do with this visual software management tool. Give it a test drive today . . . as Targetprocess offers a free access license to see for yourself!

Pros

Besides the flexibility and robustness of the features and functionalities found in the product, Targetprocess has a great support group found when using their "Live Chat". Their Live Chat personnel who respond to our inquiries and issues are extremely responsive and knowledgeable. And the same can be said for their Targetprocess Support team. Many times when we have discovered an issue or had a technical question, their Support team have provide abridged videos and write-ups that demonstrate the how-to's for resolving or leveraging the functionality of the tool.

Cons

What is Targetprocess' strengths is also its' weakness -- its' extensive flexibility / functionality . . . which is overcome over time by using the tool. Sometimes, you are not certain which approach to use when creating a board / view / list, or wanting to use a report, or creating a dashboard, or exporting the content out as a CSV file for Excel manipulation. But as we have worked with the tool, our various departments have developed SME's (aka Subject Matter Experts) to work with their end-users of the product. This has helped significantly for us, and we have monthly TP user community session to discuss-and-share how various groups are using the tool, and providing each other with tips-n-tricks.

Martin

July 2016

Yes, I do want to visualize everything!

When I started using TargetProcess I didn't pay much attention to its slogan: "Visualize everything". But that is really its strength. Let's say you have 500 items (bugs, user stories, whatever) represented as cards and want to review them. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to spread them out graphically using two axes of your choice. Let's say you want Severity as rows and Priority as columns. What if you could also zoom out to see the big picture of where most of the items are concentrated. Or what if you want to spread them out over Project as rows and Estimated Effort as columns? What if you could also drag/drop items in this view to actually set estimated effort by dragging an item to the wanted column? What if you could introduce a third dimension by color code the cards? Perhaps you want to let all cards that are already assigned to a release have a green color and let all cards that are already assigned to an iteration have a yellow color? Or let all items that are already assigned to a sprint OR release but have no estimated effort yet be colored red? All of this (and much more) is easily accomplished in TargetProcess and this is why I like it. These features in TargetProcess are in my opinion unbeatable and I have evaluated many, many tools before I finally found this piece of gold.

Pros

+ Its focus on visualization. + The integrated testing module. + The feature voting system where you can wish fro completely new features or upvote others ideas. (I've had one feature released that I upvoted.)

Cons

- It can look a little complicated/frightening at first with so many views setup by default. - The pricing model. It is almost linear with the number of users, although half of the users at most just use it move a couple of cards on a board per week.

Sigurjón

June 2016

Targetprocess is more than just a project management tool

Our organization creates safety critical systems and software and has to comply to EC regulations and guidelines with rigid objectives for software safety assurance. Targetprocess help's us with planning and following work through as an visual aid. Our customers are directed to the help desk provided and use of the email integration which aids to the need to record and trace all requests down to a detail task. The ability to tailor Targetprocess to our software development process to meet rigid software assurance level objectives is an advantage and helps with streamlining the daily work. Our organization is ISO 9001 certified and we use Targetprocess to accommodate necessary functions as Suggestions and Improvements, Internal Audits, Review and Audit Checklists, Purchase Orders, Billing process, and HR process which makes Targetprocess more than just a project management tool. The plugins and integration possibilities are of huge advantage and we have used many. Currently we are integrating time-registration to our accounting system to eliminate double registration and our engineers can't wait for that improvement. When needing answers to possibilities or other support the online chat with Targetprocess support is excellent and also that you can file a suggestion and democratic vote will help your suggestion to be realized.

Pros

Meets any basic need for project management and planing Handles customer relationship Provides customisation to some extend Excellent support channels The solution is constantly under improvement Cost affective

Cons

Takes time to understand the concept of the views and entities but when you have been opened you are flying

Ewa

Visibility and customization

We have one team with scarce number of developers but we have a lot of projects and tickets. Our main problem was filtering and prioritizing the tickets so that we don't have to go through the list of not important tickets too often. TargetProcess enables that and also provides the views to see all the tickets of many projects on one board and also enables filtering out or inactivating a project. Secondly, Kanban boards are of great importance for us. Thanks to them we can easily change a property of a ticket or relocate a user story between features. That is an irreplaceable help when you have a lot of tickets. Thirdly, we know it too well that tickets times estimates are prone to mistakes and thus team sprints time boundaries change. In TargetProcess it is very easy to edit a team sprint start and end time, no need to tediously go through all the tickets of a team sprint.

Pros

The best things in TargetProcess are visibility and customization. TargetProcess provides many examples of tickets views for planning, being up to date with daily tasks or for retrospective purposes. There are different levels to look at tickets: you can easily prioritize all the tickets on a backlog and you can plan each ticket separately. We needed customization, because our workflow is always a work in progress. TargetProcess enables customization of both: views and tickets. Besides that, the UI is very intuitive. Tickets can be written with Markdown.

Cons

At first I missed retrospection views, but then reports were introduced and now you can e.g. make a chart of how many tickets were closed each month. The only thing that bothers me now is the time needed to first open the TargetProcess in a new tab in a web browser. Apart from that, I see nothing to dislike.

Greg

June 2016

The quest for the holy grail....

Our web agency has been in existence for almost 20 years - and over that period we have attempted to manage projects effectively for a variety of stakeholders using a huge variety of tools and approaches. Our biggest challenge has always been to find a tool that can manage a very small piece of client work up right up to a 250K complex project - and keep team members, heads of competency, management and directors informed and empowered to make critical decisions where needed - hence the reference to the holy grail! As our agency grew over the years and our numbers increased, the diversity of projects and services also increased, and hence we found ourselves out growing our previous project management solutions, or found the administration of these far too time consuming - until we found Target Process. We were attracted to the agile principles of this solution (as we were looking to move our own processes towards agile where appropriate) and also the flexibility that was afforded by adoption of this solution. We have been using TPOD for over 6 years - and have been incredibly impressed by the constant evolution and enhancements provided month on month, plus their enthusiastic and professional engagement with their customers. The customer/technical support is first class - and we constantly recommend this solution to our clients for their own project management requirements. I am sure that Target Process will continue to evolve and improve - and look forward to many more years involved with this solution - which is at the very heart of our business.

Cons

The current version of the helpdesk is weak compared to the rest of the solution - and would be a very valuable addition for both our operation and our clients who we deliver projects and BAU activity for.