• Pros

• "I like being able to text candidates directly over the computer- saves my thumbs and keeps me from giving out my cell phone number to as many people."

• "Ease of use. The end users on my team really enjoy the candidate engagement we get with this system. "

• "I love the ability to integrate with an ATS system, import candidates, and pre-schedule text messages. "

• Cons

• "Would love to be able to capture more info through the extension besides number, maybe name(first and last). "

• "A bit on the expensive side. Results will tell over time if is turns out to be cost effective."

• "There is nothing necessarily about the software I dislike. I dislike that TextRecruit takes away the face to face aspect from hiring. Although there is a video feature, in my eyes it's not the same."

Browse TextRecruit Reviews

Jose from BrightStar Care

Modern Recruitment Communication

TextRecruits customer service is outstanding and the user design is easy! You can organize candidates by job titles and campaigns. An app can be downloaded to your smart device to allow for communication with candidates as needed. We have been able to successfully set up large hiring campaigns and keep candidates updated on where they are in the hiring process. We also use it for orientation and interview reminders by scheduling text to be sent out prior. Overall it has been an important tool to add to our recruiting tool box.

Pros

It's a web-based system that has a Google extension that allows new candidates to be quickly added without navigating away from your current page. The campaign system is also a positive feature that allows for drip marketing campaigns.

Cons

I would like to be able to include GIFs into some of our campaigns but this function isn't possible yet.

Jose from BrightStar Care

Great program for recruitment and HR functions & processes.

Able to increase my ability to reach out to candidates, maintain communication and reduce time-to-fill after incorporating this software into our recruitment strategy and process.

Pros

The ease to capture contact information and schedule text or campaigns. The extension incorporates well while sourcing and managing the candidate experience through our employees first 90 days of employment.

Cons

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Glad it's working well for you Jose! We'll pass on the feedback about the extension.

Suzette from World Travel Holdings

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Super useful (with integration to ICIMS)

Our failure to respond to interview scheduling requests went down by at least 50% during our busiest hiring season!

Pros

Allows us to quickly connect with a candidate to schedule, let them know we're running late, or even inquire why they haven't responded to communication. It is easy, on the fly, with a simple click of the phone number right in the software you're working in! TextRecruit can pick up a number in any open Chrome page and start a conversation, but where it shines for us is the integration with ICIMS, our ATS (applicant tracking system). Not only can you individually text, but anywhere you could bulk send emails in the ATS, you can now bulk send texts!

Cons

Can be time consuming building campaigns without the bulk text edit of our ATS.

EDDIE from ENCADRIA STAFFING SOLUTIONS

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Great experience!

Pros

The set up, training and implementation was so simple. The TextRecruit team was there each step of the way and are awesome to work with. Very simple to create users. Easy for users to adopt. Templates are a huge timesaver for the team. Scheduling and drip messaging is the best, as we work with employees all across the U.S.

Cons

Sometimes team members have trouble finding someone in the search bar and then have to recreate the user. The away message is no longer working for us.

Reasons for Choosing TextRecruit

Functionality and price.

Rex from Kellogg

Good idea, features, and cost effective. Processes, reporting, and extra features can be a struggle.

Improved candidate experience, easy way for our team to connect with candidates that may not be active on email, ability to text silver medalist candidates, and alternate uses to text groups (like a group of interns).

Pros

Ability to have quick back-and-forth conversations with recruiters. Makes for a strong candidate experience when the candidates engage.

Cons

The reporting capabilities are not good. Also, we've had some "glitches" in the process, and it's been challenging to figure out where the misses are. Therefore, it's a heavy amount of trial and error.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Thank you Rex! Glad TextRecruit is working for you! We'll pass on the feedback about the reporting issues to our product team.

Whitney from Clearlink

Has been a great tool for high volume recruiting!

A better way to communicate with the current job seekers and the opportunity to have better more friendly communication.

Pros

We love the extension and that we are able to use it on many different platforms. It has been a way for us to reach hundreds of candidates in a short amount of time with ease.

Cons

I wish that the reporting tool was better. I would love if it gave the options so I could specify exactly what I need and custom the amount of time I need it (not the prepopulated options). I want there to be more options as an Admin. That I can share the campaigns with a specific user and templates with a specific user vs. the whole group.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Thanks for the review Whitney! Glad to hear the Chrome extension is working for you. We'll pass on the feedback about admin privileges.

Barb from CBE Companies

Game Changer to our Recruiting Process

TextRecruit has helped our recruiting process tremendously since implementation. When we have a last minute request their campaign feature is an amazing and easy way to communicate with a large number of applicants in a very quick manner.

Pros

TextRecruit is so easy to use that even my technology-averse employees find it easy. It's such an easy way to communicate applicants.

Cons

There aren't many cons to TextRecruit. If I had to say something, I have had a few times that the messages wouldn't send. Maybe twice in the 9 months we have been using it. But it resolved itself within a few hours.

Reasons for Choosing TextRecruit

Mobile app, cost, and their customer service was top notch!

Justin from DEFENDERS

Have loved using this software. Has really made a difference on how I contact candidates.

Pros

Really speeds up the recruiting process and makes it so much easier to send a quick text instead of a call and also not having to give out my personal number.

Cons

The android app needs some work. The push notifications still don't work but other than that no complaints.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Glad it's speeding up your recruiting process Justin! We'll pass on your feedback about the android app to the product team.

Awesome text recruiting solution!

Pros

I first heard about TextRecruit in a podcast. I thought it could be a great solution for scheduling challenges we have, but I've found it to be useful in so many other ways. Giving a quick update to a candidate. Quickly writing to see if they're free for a conversation. And the Chrome Extension making it easy to pick up phone numbers have all been great benefits. It's a seamless integration into the technology we're already using.

Cons

As TextRecruit is still relatively new, there are occasionally some bugs that pop up. But our account rep is quick to respond and help out with resolving those issues. One challenge is the character limitation but my understanding is that it's a function of SMS, and not anything with TextRecruit specifically.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Thanks for the review!

Ease of use and provides great efficiency

Just a great overall experience. This morning, we had an associate that was supposed to go out and work for the client on a 1-day assignment but the associate called in sick this morning. Because of having TextRecruit, we were able to reach out to multiple candidates quickly and back-fill the position and get someone out to the client site today.

Pros

Text Recruit allows me to quickly reach out to a large amount of candidates instantly. This helps save time and allows me to fill job orders quickly.

Cons

As of right now, I don't really have any cons about this software. The interface is super easy to understand, the functionality is all there, and from what I understand from our managers, the price isn't too bad either.

Jessie from Capstone Healthcare Staffing

Functionally easy to use and and navigate.

Pros

The TextRecruit platform provides an ease of use and navigation, which our internal and external team really appreciate.

Cons

the TextRecruit platform provides add ins through Chrome, however, the lack of full integration with our staffing software platform (Healthcare Source) limits its full potential.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Glad it's working well for your internal and external team Jessie! We'll keep working on the extension.

Samantha from Allan Myers

Text Recruit has completely transformed our recruiting process.

Pros

We use TextRecruit for everything from sourcing passive candidates, engaging our current candidates, and helping our new hires complete their paperwork. It has made our process a lot faster and easier.

Cons

I have not had any complaints using text recruit over the past year. Our candidates seem to really enjoy it as well.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Thanks Samantha! We loved seeing your webinar with Tim Sackett!

Tony from Dent Wizard International

Text Recruit has changed the way we do recruiting and really helped our candidate experience!

Pros

Cons

Limited integrations with ATS. We would like the system to be able to move the information into our ATS and move the candidate information out of the ATS into Text Recruit.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Thank you Tony! We are so glad we could help your candidate experience. We'll pass on your feedback about the ATS.

A great tool, limited only by ATS integration

Pros

Let's us reach candidates the way they want to be reached. Perfect for scheduling new hire orientation and other reminders that we send to candidates

Cons

Our ATS (UltiPro) doesn't fully integrate with the tool. We can export a spreadsheet and text candidates from WITHIN a requisition. However, there is no way to export a spreadsheet when you perform a search. This is entirely a UltiPro problem, but maybe TextRecruit could talk to them about that? They sure don't listen to me.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Jasmin from Empereon

has been a huge help

Pros

very easy to use, text recruit is always so willing to help, cost effective, up with technology etc.

Cons

i am not able to cant separate by state, since we do have over 7 locations, it just doesn't have other options unless we purchase another license.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Glad we've been able to help Jasmin! We will look into the issue with multiple states.

Elaine from LHC Group

It has been very beneficial in scheduling interviews swiftly.

Ability to schedule interviews conveniently

Pros

Cons

The mapping, when importing. I liked it when previously I was able to import an Excel doc and the First/Last Names were separated for me. Now, I have to create a whole new column and list the Last Name.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Happy to hear that interview scheduling is going well for you Elaine!

KC from Talentrust

Great way to connect with hard-to-engage passive candidates

Pros

Able to craft a creative message that results in a higher response rate from those applicants who are passive and not necessarily looking for a job - which is often in today's employee-market. The best applicants aren't necessarily looking for a new job so these are the ones we want to speak with.

Cons

Not the software's fault but it's hard to get passive applicant's mobile numbers. Set up was a bit confusing and the cost of full integration with iCIMS has been prohibitive which make it more cumbersome to track which candidates have already been contacted - this a lot of record keeping. ICIMS charges for integration which seems costly.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Glad to hear you're reaching passive candidates KC! We'll let the product team know about the record-keeping issues.

TextRecruit has been a game-changer for my recruiting process!

Pros

Instead of spending hours trying to get candidates on the phone or to respond to email, I now only spend minutes, because texts have a 100% open rate! The TextRecruit app makes my candidate connection portable. I have scheduled candidates for interviews while waiting for a car repair!

Response from TextRecruit

Replied December 2017

We thank you for taking the time to submit a review, we're so glad you're enjoying our product!

Jeanette from Advance 24/7

Quick set-up and easy to use

Pros

I can set up campaigns quickly and start using them right away Having the ability to use multiple campaigns to a big plus

Cons

I would like to look back at text I sent out immediately just to make sure I have sent it out. We work in a very fast paced environment and sometimes need to double check

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Thanks for the feedback Jeanette! We'll look into immediate confirmation of sent texts.

Michelle from Dignity Health

Fantastic, the ease of the product and engaging with candidates immediately has saved us time.

Pros

The ease, there is very little ramp-up time to learn how to use the product. Instead of continuing to cold call candidates who do not want to hear from us we are able to focus on those who are currently interested in hearing about our opportunities and get them moving along in the interview process. We love our TextRecruit!

Cons

It would be great with the integration of the ATS, if once the text message is sent that it would auto-populate in the Notes section of the candidate record.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Thanks for the feedback Michelle! We'll pass on the auto-population feedback.

We love Officevibe!

We are able to engage our people and see how each market and dept is doing. We have been able to fix issues right away when an employee shares a concern.

Pros

It really helps engage employees that are using it! Every company should at least try it. We struggle with our teams because they are mobile but it would work very well in a professional environment.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Trini from Aflac/Fleming Insurance

Love it!

Pros

Ease of contacting multiple people fast, ease of importing candidates. Able to see how many we are contacting daily

Cons

Can't put in folder and not double text people who have scheduled interview. Time difference is a problem sometimes when we need assistance

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Happy to hear that you love it Trini! We'll pass your feedback on to the product team.

raeanne from Verland

Text recruit has changed the spped we can connect with applicants.

it has helped with the initial contact of applicants and has made scheduling pre-screen calls and or interviews much easier. No more phone tag!

Pros

Ease of use, turnaround time is incredible. The very forsrt day of use, I sent 35 messages and had responses within 5 minutes. Before I could waste half a day playing phone tag with people. This has made the intial contact with applicants much more efficient.

Cons

I do not have any real "cons." Sometimes it seems the messages are put in a delayed hold instead of being sent immediately even though my settings are set to send immediately.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Thanks for the review Raeanne! Phone tag really is just the worst We will pass on the feedback about the delayed messages to the product team.

Easy to use. Great customer service and support

two way communication with potential hires

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to implement. The platform is designed with the user in mind. UX is one of the best and TextRecruit is available immediately.

Cons

There is not any feature or function I could speak to that I do not like. UX is easy and our team of recruiters love using the platform.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Gabriel from We Hire Hospitality

Integral in the recruitment process

Contacting a multitude of candidates within minutes.

Pros

The ability to import a list of candidates contacts, create mass text campaign, and customize text to address candidate's first name.

Cons

Import mapping, filtering contacts needs to be more elevated. Search options seem a little limited.

Brian from Chipotle Mexican Grill

Friendly, enthusiastic team, and an innovative, easy-to-use, no-frills product.

Pros

It helps us paint ourselves as an innovative employer of choice, and provides a excellent, personal candidate experience. It has also helped us convert more prospects into candidates, and helps us ensure a higher show-rate for interviews.

Cons

It can be costly, and recruiter adoption can be tricky. But those two qualms are easily overcome by the many benefits this product can deliver to an organization looking to improve candidate experience, response rates, and take an innovative step forward in talent acquisition.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Thanks for the feedback Brian! You guys really are the employer of choice!

Mary from Pete Lien & Sons, Inc.

Industry: Mining & Metals

We're new with the product. Difficult to get started. Frustrating that it took so long to get Ari.

Again, we're just learning. Excited to see how it goes.

Pros

Concept is great. Not sure what our results will be. Will have to wait until we've been using it for a while. Looking forward to seeing how it goes. Would be good if you sent this same survey out a year from now so we can reflect on how our experience has been.

Cons

Doesn't allow us to turn on & shut off the text bot. I really would like for my recruiters to be able to interact live wit the candidates.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Sorry to hear about your frustrations Mary. We'll keep checking in to see if we can help with any issues you run into.

Mandi from Chesapeake Regional Medical Center

The has been a great solution to reach out to candidates in a more convenient way via text message.

Automation and increased responsiveness.

Pros

Love the capability to text candidates, which increases responsiveness and avoids the phone tag phenomenon. We're also excited bout the capability to upload phone numbers from our ATS to launch campaigns.

Cons

We had a few challenges with the automated recruiter, but the issues have been resolved. So far it seems most of our texts occur mid day, which has come as a surprise. This is not necessarily a con though.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Thanks for the review Mandi! Happy to hear your issues have been resolved.

Works as promised - but pricey

Pros

For the most part, implementation is pretty straight forward and the software is easy to navigate. The team dedicated to set up was very helpful.

Cons

There are limitations to the transparency on this software across the company and pricing is high if you want some of the automation after hours.

Marissa from City of Independence, MO

I have had a good experience so far. It has made contact with candidates much faster.

Pros

It is user friendly and easy to navigate. The dashboard is easy to read which has been a good feature for us to gauge the effectiveness of the product.

Cons

There really hasn't been any cons with the software itself. The only thing I would change is the ability for candidates to call back the phone number on the text. It would be helpful if it was text only and couldn't receive call backs.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Thanks for the review Marissa! Glad it's working well for you. We'll pass on the feedback about user ability to call.

Sasha from Empereon

Empereon loves Text Recruit, great customer service, excellent product!

Ability to reach large groups of potential and current candidates at all times.

Pros

Easy navigation! Does not take a lot of time to learn and use. Retains all data needed to track transactions.

Cons

Honestly, do not have anything bad to say, at this point. Have been using it for a year and have had no issues.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Thank you Sasha! TextRecruit loves Empereon too!

Maureen from ActionLink

This tool allows us to connect with candidates they way they want.

Pros

The plug-in tool makes it easy to catch up on conversations with candidates. It makes it easy to send links and information to our candidates and connect with them in their preferred manner. We get through to candidates more quickly.

Cons

Our ATS does not auto-format phone number entries, so we do find ourselves having to edit candidate profiles for TextRecruit to recognize the number.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Thanks for the review Maureen! We'll pass on the auto-formatting feedback to the product team.

Erica from Manpower

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Pleasant Experience

Pros

Very quick to learn and easy to use. Support staff responds quickly if/when needed. Metrics on the front page.

Cons

With the new platform, there is only the inbox section, and not as many filtering options for messages like before.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Glad it's working well for you Erica! We'll let the product team know about your filtering issues.

Katie from QNS Recruiting

Simplify your recruiting with a text.... Priceless

Pros

The simplicity of the system, you just text and go...literally. You do not have to worry about playing phone tag with a candidate or hang ups. This is a way more convenient way to access applicants and passive candidates !

Cons

I do not like the new UI as much as the previous version it has a few features that are not as user friendly as the last version was.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Glad it's working for you Katie! We will pass on the feedback about the UI to our product team.

Nick from Burlington Stores

Has been very good thus far, hoping for increase functionality with iCIMS that allow for variables

Pros

The ease of use is great. The functionality to highlight phone numbers in google makes it very easy when reviewing applications and reaching out via an ATS.

Cons

Certain experiences are not available in the google extension. There needs to be more flexibility when integrating with ATS to differentiate verbiage in the text related to the job and/or links.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Thanks for the feedback Nick! We will relay the extension feedback to our product team.

Julie from Presbyterian Homes & Services

Best recruiting product!

Overall it has helped our team move faster with our speed to hire numbers

Pros

It has helped our recruiting team tremendously to speed up the process of reach outs to applicants and getting into contact with them faster and higher response rates.

Cons

I wish there was a way to see how many of the responses resulted in phone interviews with our applicants

Just started using this service, so far so good!

reaching large groups of people at once. managing my conversations in one area.

Pros

how many people I can reach at once with the campaigns. much easier to communicate to multiple people at once.

Cons

takes a bit of effort to get set up. lots of manual labor loading our candidates from our ATS and tagging them

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Donna from Allied Universal

We have been using TextRecruit for almost a year and we rely on it as a communication tool.

Pros

It is easy to use and you are not having to play phone tag with candidates. We find our users are using this tool for all communications with candidates up until they become an employee. We evne use then with their approval.

Cons

We had to wait for full integration of this product and our ATS to get full use, but now we have it!

Candice from Busch Global

Great tool!

Pros

The ease of use. I like the upload feature and the message scheduling ability. Ive even used it on my mobile and had success

Cons

I wish yall had some lists available to text for different categories in the industry. Maybe some saved databases based on use in the system

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Thank you for the feedback Candice! Glad to hear the product is working well for you.

Ashley from Ignite Now Media

Easy to use and very helpful

It has increased out event performance by 75%. We were just using email, but now the text recruit software supports our other event marketing efforts.

Pros

The ability to send mass texts without spamming my phone. It's easy to use and has helped with our marketing efforts A LOT. The customer service team is also pretty helpful.

Cons

The user design but they are updating that soon. Other than that I can't say bad things about this tool.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Glad to hear about your increased event performance Ashley!

Chelsea from Chameleon Technologies

I have been using TextRecruit since December, and it has been extremely helpful.

Pros

TextRecruit makes it very quick and easy to reach out to our consultants. The functionality is awesome, and our rep is always available to answer any questions I may have.

Cons

There is nothing I have disliked so far. I have not run into any issues whatsoever, so I'm very happy with it.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Thanks for the review Chelsea! Glad to hear that TextRecruit is working well for you.

Cathy from AHP

Easy to setup and use

Getting in touch with candidates can be challenging and this has improved the process greatly.

Pros

Great customer support and very easy to start using. This makes communication with candidates very quick which causes quick interview scheduling.

Cons

I have not found any cons yet. With the ease of use even out non-techy recruiters are able to use this.

Selena from TMP Worldwide

Good reception from client's internal partners

Pros

- Ease of use - Recruiters like the interface - Setup was fairly easy and quick - Ability to customize responses

Cons

- Customer service lacking - Clients frustrated with the amount of follow-up needed before we get a response - Issue with provisioning Canadian short code - length of time not properly communicated

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Thanks for the feedback Selena!

used to text candidates

Pros

Being able to communicate with candidates easily is the reason we purchased the product. Still trying to get full value.

Cons

Getting my recruiters to use it more frequently is still a challenge. I would like to be able to monitor their use.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Christine from RAINELLE MEDICAL CENTER

Industry: Mental Health Care

Needed in today's modern world

TextRecruit has made it easier to communicate with job applicants. I don't always have the time to sit down and call someone. It also takes phone tag out of play.

Pros

I like that TextRecruit is easy and convenient. You can message job candidates, which seems to be the preferred form of communication these days. You can send reminders, messages if you need to change a meeting/interview and even follow up for non-communication.

Susanne from Guardian Roofing

Eh.

Pros

Cons

Randomized phone number- candidates often call this number and then there is a lot of confusion after onboarding. Web platform leaves much to be desired... not as user friendly as I had expected. Pre-paid for a year and don't use the service at all any more.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Sorry about the confusion your new hires are experiencing, Susanne. Can we schedule some time to review this issue? Schedule time with your Account Manager here: https://calendly.com/andrew-141

Richard from Brenmark Insurance Group

Innovative Methods in Recruiting New Employees

Pros

Simple to learn and simple to use. Most of all, it is effective and potential candidates are often heard back from within minutes, if not a few hours.

Harry from SECU

TextRecruit Review

Pros

Effective way to engage with candidates! The response rate from candidates...much better than reaching out to candidates by email or phone.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Thanks Harry! We're glad to hear you're getting better response rates!

Its a good product and offers a great way to communicate with our candidates

Pros

The event notifications that are automatically sent to candidates. The notifications go out automatically when they are moved to a status or bin.

Cons

ARI is not set up to work like a tree. Questions sent after the initial contact are not based on the answers to prior questions.

Response from TextRecruit

Replied April 2018

Alexandra from United Properties

Glitchy App

Pros

It seemed to ease the difficulty of texting a multitude of people at one time and organizing them to do so.

Cons

Errors would be encountered in terms of sending a message to someone that was already sent the message before.