JazzHR Reviews

4.36 / 5 (402)

Our advisors have recommended this product 63 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "I really like the customization of workflows. It is also very easy to use and teach. Plus the webinars provided are great!"

• "VERY user friendly and the customer service is excellent! They provide up to date glaces of where all my candidates stand."

• "What I like the most about this system is the ease of use and simple workflows it offers my recruiting team! "

• Cons

• "It would be nice if the reporting function was more detailed and had a wider range of functionality. Reporting capabilities are good but could be better."

• "It’s a bit pricey but well worth the money. "

• "The ease of use as well as the user interface isn’t the BEST. It’s really not BAD, but Other interfaces are just better."

Browse JazzHR Reviews

Sarah from Solution Tree

HR Director

My experience has been very positive. Once we purchased JazzHR, my sales rep was still present along the onboarding process. He didn't ditch us and made sure that we were connected to all the right people to work out any issues or questions we had. I will also say that we didn't have many issues in transition. We demo the system for a little bit and once our decision was made, it was just a matter of making our posting page with JazzHR live on our site. The company is very responsive to email and chat sessions.

Pros

This system is so easy to use. It's intuitive and allows for recruiting flow to be developed and followed consistently. The system also does a great job of bridging the gap of communication between the manager and the HR team. The discussion feature allows for real-time follow up along with the ability to store and contain all pertinent information regarding the status of a candidate in the hiring process. It's this feature that allows me to pick up where my talent acquisition manager has left off so that we can continue the hiring process as smoothly and seamlessly as possible. For a small HR team, this is critical. We no longer stress about taking vacations or getting sick. We now have a system that will allow us to cover for each other. This is by far the best feature about the system and the reason a company should seriously consider purchasing JazzHR.

Cons

I would just like to have a few more options as far as access levels for different people that might be apart of the interviewing/hiring process. However, I know that this is something that they are working on for future use. I would also love to have a mobile app so that my remote managers that travel a lot, can access candidates on their phone and reply to a candidate while sitting at the airport without pulling out their computers.

Ashley from St Augustine Youth Services

User friendly ATS program

Overall experience with JazzHR has been positive. Customer service is very helpful.

Pros

Product is easy to use. Reporting section allows for easy data generation. Customization of work flows and task assignment allows for notifications to appropriate staff that they have a candidate to look at and decision to be made for an interview or decline. JazzHR saved my company a significant amount of money in recruiting costs.

Cons

They do not have a contract with Indeed for job sponsorship. Jobs are posted to indeed, but if you need to sponsor the job you have to go though Indeed instead of through JazzHR. Would be nice to use one application for all recruiting needs

Stefan from ApTask

Your Customizable Hiring Platform - Everything You Need

Cost effective, Time-saving, user friendly and helps you keep track of the candidates in progress. Their support team is quick at responses and resolutions. the best thing about Jazz HR is that they receive resumes from quite a few job boards and present them to you on one platform.

Pros

Jazz HR is customizable to great lengths to give you the exact result you need. It helps create a job to specifically mention what is needed to qualify with the set questions you can place for applicants to answer if they decide to apply to the job. the best part is that Jazz HR does the segregation to see who qualifies and then gives us a list of just the resumes that are a match. The access to templates and workflow is also a huge bonus. They also provide you the option onboard and complete everything with esignatures so its all paperless.

Cons

When the pros also become the cons - you get resumes that are a fit but the response is always overwhelmingly high. You have to go over the bulk resumes that qualify. The platform offers a huge set of features that may get confusing and not give you the desired result unless setup correctly which could be a draw back. Also the API can be limiting when it comes to in-house integration.

Charles from Atlantic Limo

Best Recruiting Software

It has replaced our individual accounts with recruiting websites lower total costs and still bringing in lots of qualified people.

Pros

Jazz is aggregate recruiter, you post to it and it posts your job on multiple boards. It allows you to see all job candidates in one place, at one price.

Cons

There isn't a way to highlight your posts on certain boards it picks where your posts will be highlighted.

October 2014

Kate from JR Automation Technologies

2.5

October 2014

Review of Resumator - Three Months In

Pros

It is easy to use, and it's easy to step into and figure out without training. It can be as simple or as complicated as you need it to be, which is great for the wide range of hiring leads and personalities that I work with. It is a definite step up from the spreadsheets and Outlook folders that we had been using. Being able to track pipelines and jobs has made us more efficient.

Cons

There are a lot of little features that should be available and are not, like batch emailing candidates based on different criteria such as status or category. Also, it isn't possible to hide candidates that are inactive per job; however, engineering says they are working on this. Last time I made a suggestion to the engineering department, it was basically shot down unless a hundred or more of their other customers requested the same thing. I work with several software engineers, and while changes take time, it doesn't seem like a simple additional condition is too much to ask for. Also, it isn't easy to cycle through candidates per job. I get taken out of the job and put back at the full candidate list for all jobs several times while trying to check out the candidate pool for one position. It can get redundant. The biggest issue I have is that star ratings cannot be reset to no stars. I've had to completely delete candidates and re-enter them manually to get rid of star ratings. This is totally not ideal when several hiring leads are using this system, widening the room for error.

Jill from Prevalent Group

Great software, not for recruiting firms

Pros

Very easy to use, and loved the interface.

Cons

Was not set up for a recruiting firm. I am guessing this would be ideal for an HR department within a company

Jennifer from ProCare Pet Sitting and Dog Walking

The Next Step Up From Indeed

I have been using Indeed for my recruiting needs, so I looked at JazzHR through the lens of whether or not the cost and functionality justified the switch.

Pros

I like that you are able to not only post the details about the job you are hiring for, but you can also create "knockout questions" for your candidates. That way, if your candidate doesn't qualify based on those questions, you don't spend time moving ahead in the interview process with them.

Cons

I did not find the JazzHR software intuitive and I had some difficulty setting it up. I thought the free trial period was too short.

Reasons for Choosing JazzHR

I am having good results with Indeed by using the free job posting option, and thus did not decide to spend money going with JazzHR.

Laurel from Comprehensive Home and Companion Services

Impressive functionality for a company on a budget

JazzHR has greatly improved our ability to track and manage applicants, and create a more consistent candidate experience throughout the process.

Pros

It has all of the essential functionality of many of the bigger more expensive options out there, but at a price that makes it available to smaller companies with less room in their budget. The careers page, candidate texting, and unlimited users, with a month-to-month commitment were the major selling points as our company was new to using an ATS, and hesitant to make a long term commitment right away.

Cons

The reports can be a bit difficult to navigate, but I will own the fact that we haven't had much time to dive into that yet and try customizing reports to get the information we're looking for. But that's the only thing that stands out to me.

Reasons for Choosing JazzHR

Low cost and low commitment, with no loss of functionality

Elizabeth from Simpli.fi

Easy & functional

Overall it was a great fit for our company in hiring for different roles.

Pros

This was a very easy to use software - made it easy to review candidates quickly and put all the info I needed in one place.

Cons

It made it difficult to sort applicants into multiple groups, and felt like it could've had a better way to interact with them within the interface.

Michele from Advancia Technologies

Industry: Defense & Space

Great software for a reasonable cost!

It has made it much easier to get our job openings posted and shared.

Pros

1. The speed in which we were able to implement. 2. The responsiveness of the support team. When I send an email, late in the afternoon (PT), I come into the office in the morning and have a response waiting for me. Yippee!

Cons

Although, it's feature rich, there are a couple of things that it won't do. Other than that, I didn't find it very intuitive. I've had to learn where to find things and then reinforce it through repetition. Also, I didn't like the fact that the support tools available are more general than I needed. Each time I spend an hour or two searching their knowledge-base looking for a solution to my issue and wound up emailing the support team for the answer I needed.

Reasons for Choosing JazzHR

The reasonable cost and the fact that the pricing was based on the functionality that we need rather than the size of our organization.

Jason from Furnished Quarters

Jazz Happy Customer

It has been a great experience overall. The customer service is great, the people are very friendly and attentive and the software is easy to use and fulfills all of our needs.

Pros

The software has a very robust feature offering. It is very easy to use, once set up and is a great tool for aggregating resumes and scoring candidates.

Cons

Setting up some of the features was challenging, such as workflows, candidate evaluations, etc. It would have been nice to have assistance. The implementation calls that I had were not very helpful and I walked away more confused than assisted.

Jill from The William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan

JazzHR gets 5-star rating! You're HIRED!

I used to stress out when we had recruiting efforts, but JazzHR has made this process so much more organized and it's something I look forward to using. It has saved us a great deal of paper, ink/toner resources as well as filing space, too. On top of the other features mentioned, it assists us with compliance by capturing retrievable data on each candidate, so employers are already prepared for whatever might occur resulting from recruiting decisions.

Pros

JazzHR is mutually beneficial to the candidate who can easily download a resume, cover letter and click on some buttons to answer questions that the employer wishes to learn about candidates (e.g., What Makes You Unique?). It automatically responds to the candidate (inserting the individual's name) to acknowledge receipt of their submission, thereby avoiding the "black hole" (or "black box") experience. It's also very helpful to the employer as it provides customization per job posting, knock-out questions/answers to alert us at a glance if the candidate lacks education or relevant work experience, etc. It stores all incoming and outgoing emails as well as submissions, so nothing is lost! JazzHR provides the recruiter the opportunity to download a comparison chart of all or certain candidates to quickly compare apples to apples side by side. It provides the employer the option to use a calendar system. It helps us to quickly post our job openings on popular websites for no fees and others for additional fees. It's a GREAT resource! JazzHR has an intuitive process from initial job posting through hire, and for an additional fee would provide onboarding (sending/signing offer letters online), too. Another BIG "Pro" is that JazzHR has been very responsive to my suggestions. Their product is already robust and easy-to-use by both candidates and recruiter/employer, but I've made some suggestions and have seen them implement some of my suggestions and that pleased me!

Cons

We do not pay for the premium-level support, so there's no immediate phone call support when I'm in a pinch. They've made a fairly comprehensive Support section complete with visual and step-by-step instructions which is extremely useful by those of us who opt not to pay for the higher support level -- and they email me back within 24-hours (more often sooner).

Implementing JazzHR has allowed us to dramatically improve our recruitment efforts!

Using JazzHR has greatly improved the success of our recruitment efforts and increased communication among our managers and recruiters.

Pros

JazzHR is very user friendly. It is easy to navigate the site, and there are a lot of features that are customizable - such as categories to easily narrow down search results, email templates, and workflows that automatically trigger notifications and tasks to different people. The ability to send our job posting to so many free job boards has been fantastic and saves us countless hours per job when we don't have to manually post on those sites. It integrates seamlessly with our website, so it is very easy for job seekers to find our open positions. They host tons of free webinars so that you can learn about the new features that they are constantly rolling out. The capability to create and send forms for an electronic signature through the HelloSign integration has been a huge improvement from our outdated process of trying to send and collect original documents through the mail. We always get helpful, speedy customer service whenever we have questions.

Cons

One feature that would be really beneficial for us is a place where the hiring team can communicate and discusss the job itself. There is a discussion page for each candidate, but if anything changes with the job requirements - like the hours, schedule, location, etc) - we can't communicate that within Jazz within putting it on a candidate's discussion thread.

Emily from KTA

Look no further - You've found an ATS

I work in a recruiting capacity in the HR department of a mid-size company that utilizes Jazz as our recruiting software. As a growing company with strongly rooted family values, we are dedicated to making hiring decisions that will have a positive impact on our company's growth and image. Our HR department has been able to take our recruiting to the next level with Jazz since we can effectively track, source, and communicate with candidates from the moment we post a job up until we send out the offer of employment. Our company is not only dedicated to our employees, but also to each and every candidate that expresses an interest in employment with us; which is why, as a recruiter, my personal goal is to maintain communication with candidates at every stage, and Jazz makes that an EFFORTLESS process. I felt compelled to write a review for this software because not only is it a fantastic platform to use, but their customer service experience is unparalleled. They are always taking customer feedback into consideration and implementing changes that ease recruiting nuances, and unlike clunky applicant tracking systems of yore, they are constantly revamping their system to remain relevant with the latest recruiting practices. Anytime I interact with Jazz's product and customer service teams, they leave me confident in my decision to continue to utilize this system as a recruiting platform for years to come. I suggest you give their sales team a call and request a demo ASAP.

Pros

Ease of use Innovative and Adaptive Customer Support

Jennifer from Spiceworks

Confusingly good

In my career, I've used over 10 applicant tracking systems and none of them have been as easy or straightforward as HR. I'm left baffled that it is not the industry leader and by the cost of the product. It does not have all the bells or whistles of a Lever or Greenhouse, but a lot of companies (like mine) just don't need that.

Pros

Easy of use UI Customer Support Daily Use Price

Cons

Still working on integrations with other platforms

Frank from The VSI Team

It's simply Jazztastic.

When I joined The VSI Team I came to know this little tool that I had never seen before, it had an awesome UI, and an UX so smooth that I just felt like I was surfing through my workflows, literally surfing... I can sit and talk about the features Jazz offers like its automated customizable workflows, e-docs, ease of integration with other platforms like HackerRank, the Crod module which instantly gives you benchmarks to compare your performance, etc. But if I had to pick one single area where Jazz adds the greatest value is Candidate Experience. Granted, your Candidate Experience depends heavily on how your recruitment team operates, but Jazz significantly helps making life easier for your Talent Acquisition team by improving their response time, their abilities to stay in touch with candidates, simplifying their tasks, . As you know, today Talent Brand and Candidate Experience are factors that heavily influence how the talent market perceives us, this is specially true if we're talking about Tech Companies, and Jazz can be a valuable ally in managing your Talent Acquisition process to deliver the best service. Oh, did I mention our Hiring Managers love it? Oh and the support team rock!

Cons

The only drawback is in the reporting capabilities, it's missing some dashboards and the ability to keep track of your metrics, but I know from a good source that is about to change in Q1 2017.

Jessica from Tide University Laundry

So easy to use! Best value for your money. Hands down.

I hire for basically the same job (or a few jobs) at 23 campuses across the U.S. A lot of ATS companies will charge you per location and even per user which obviously doesn't work for us. Jazz charges a flat fee per month with unlimited users, locations (called departments), jobs, and postings on free job boards. It's an incredible value for the money you pay. I'm still discovering new features and better ways to build my workflow and improve my screening process each time I log in.

Pros

I looked at a lot of different ATS options, and this one knocked everyone else out of the park. For the money you pay, it is definitely the best value. I love the many integration options. Instead of using my calendar, Asana, email, our application site, and spreadsheets for tracking candidates and reporting, Jazz allows me to have every part of my hiring and on boarding system in one place. The knock out questions and questionnaires have increased my ability to screen candidates as well, saving me the time I would have spent interviewing unqualified candidates. It's also very easy to set up and use. Customer service is on point, and they patiently walked me through the set up process and are quick to answer any questions that come up. I'm very happy with the decision I made.

Cons

So far so good. I really can't think of anything that I don't like about it. I would love to see them add an automated reference check to the system, but that's not super common with ATS anyway. They seem to be constantly improving the system and adding features. I imagine it won't be long before they add this.

If you need a new applicant tracking system, pick this. Super modern!

Relatively low cost, easy to use, live agents, modern & you can recommend ideas that go on their roadmap and eventually get implemented.

Pros

Finally, a modern applicant tracking system! I use JazzHR everyday at work and I can honestly say this is a user-friendly and intuitive ATS. It saves me a lot of time compared with my experience using other systems like Taleo. If anyone is thinking of switching to a new ATS system, this is it. You will not regret it! Plus they have live agents to support you with any questions you have and they will get you the information you need promptly.

Cons

Sometimes I have experienced 'bugs', but if you report it to their Customer Success team it will be looked into as soon as possible. When Amazon Web Services is down, Jazz may not function properly, but this can't always be avoided.

LOUIS from LionRT

JazzHR Software proves an integral tool in identifying and acquiring new talent

Our company work requires applicants with specific skill sets in working with Cryptographic technologies to include Block chain ledgers and control platforms. As a result it can be difficult to find and qualify competitive applicants. Since we began using Jazz HR , we have found a new and useful tool in our discovery process. Over just a few months our hire retention rates have increased and our time cycles to train are greatly reduced. Finally, the quality of talent is improving as a direct result of using this software. We are excited to continue its use and happy to recommend it to human resource departments for companies small to moderate size.

Pros

The highly configurable tools in this software allow for in an depth discovery and qualification for potential applicants. Such tools include question and answer templates . Answers then can be analyzed and even rated for accuracy. This application can also assist in logistics such as in helping to scheduling meetings for review during a hiring process. There is a companion application for mobile devices which allow for seamless communication from fellow workers to share their reflections and ideas on a potential hire. There are as well options to leverage social networking sites to discover potential new talent as well.

Cons

The only real negative we can highlight would be in the area of support for the product itself. If your team works late hours as we do , they can be difficult to reach. This is a minor inconvenience largely out weighed by the many benefits of this HR software.

Melanie from Gelfand, Rennert & Feldman

Jazz HR is easy to use but could offer more

Pros

-The program is easy to use and easy to learn -Many of the features are intuitive, like being able to drag and drop the ordering of questions in the applications -Good integration with job boards

Cons

I feel like there are a lot of missing features that the program should have: -Be able to hide jobs (we have a lot of old jobs that we still want to keep, but we don't need to see them constantly) - Be able to select a default view (for example, always have it show Open Jobs when I go to the site rather than having to select that view -Be able to pull PPC report by yourself, rather than having to contact support every time you want it -Be able to set high priority jobs so they pop up to the top of your list -Allow the search tool to search for similar names (example: searching "Melnaie" would also show "Melanie") -Have a way to combine metrics for multiple postings (for example, we will often post a position several times before it is filled. It would be great to select multiple postings and then have it combine total applicants, total screened, total interviewed, etc. for purposes of reporting)

Susan from Family Service Association

JAZZ is user friendly and allows you to capture all information regarding the applicant easily.

Ease of tracking applicants from application to hire, bulk action features saves time when sending out correspondence; set up and customizing the system to meet your company's needs was easy to do. JAZZ is always taking customer feedback and improving the system based on that feedback.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to capture all information under the applicant, ability to discuss applicant with hiring manager by tagging them in the conversation are some of the pros with this software. Visually, it shows you at a glance where the candidate is at in the pipeline. Setting up your templates and workflow to customize your company's needs was easy to do. The bulk action feature is also a plus when sending out correspondence to applicants. Customer support is always helpful.

Shae from nFocus Solutions

Cost Effective Solution, Suitable for All Business Sizes

Fantastic. Quick and easy migration. We had a short period to evaluate other solutions and implement. With our implementation contact, we were able to effectively migrate our data from iCIMS quickly.

Pros

One of the few products I demoed that allows me to effectively export all data keyed into the system. Met my needs for unique customization, integration with existing HR platform, automated workflows, limited access to users based on needs, and more. More importantly, if provided me the same perks, with an upgraded UI both for admins and candidates, all while reducing our costs by 70% over our existing vendor (icims).

Cons

No flexibility to set permissions down to the field level. We like to keep some of our app questions (i.e. what is you minimum expected salary) hidden and this is something that I can't currently hide from people marked as recruiters or hiring managers.

September 2016

Kimberly from KTA-Tator, Inc.

September 2016

Can't imagine doing my job without Jazz!

Pros

Jazz has proven to be an extremely innovative and useful tool for our company! It greatly improved our entire hiring process by allowing us to manage everything from initial job posting through to candidate offer letters and initial onboarding procedures in one easy to navigate system. (Before Jazz, we relied on inefficient application and tracking methods that required the use of multiple programs.) Customer service at Jazz is extremely responsive to our questions, and even our suggestions. Engineers from Jazz actually took time to meet with us and get our input for future updates! We recently saw our suggestions go live!!

Cons

Our HR Team took a while to think about this.... we couldn't come up with anything! If we had to pick something - one of our team members mentioned that Jazz makes frequent updates. They absolutely do, however, the updates are very useful, and, as I mentioned above, response to their customer's feedback.

Chris from Sunrun

JazzHR Exceeds Expectations at Unbeatable Price

JazzHR exceeded our expectations in every respect. User interface is intuitive and well thought out which made it easy to get our 1st hiring project live within hours of activation. Functionality of JazzHR rivals that of well known enterprise ATS platforms. The success team has been very proactive and helpful when assistance was needed. JazzHR offers a wealth of live and on demand training webinars for the systems more advanced functions and integrations. Most valuable feature: JazzHRs frictionless one click apply experience improved our overall click to apply ratio which ultimately maximized results with job board syndication and CPC media placements.

Pros

(1) Robust tools in a simple UI (2) Automation and Pre-Screening Capabilities. (Improve applicant experience and reduces phone screen cost/time (3) One Click Apply (Improved our click to apply ratio which ultimately maximizes CPC spend when applicable)

Cons

One minor annoyance: When placing jobs into a "closed" status the default message an applicant sees when clicking on a link for that job reads as "Hiring for this position has been put on hold at this time." - For our purposes there is a difference between an "On Hold" job and a "Closed Job". Work Around; Deleting or moving a job to "filled" status does appropriately close out the job - but there are times when we close a job without it being filled for one reason or another and may not wish to delete the job while we explore alternatives for any applicants in the queue.

Ariel from Geek Powered Studios

Efficient and Easy to Use

I have used Jazz (formally the Resumator) for the last 3 years and enjoy how easy it is to use and how it integrates with other software that our team also utilizes (Sparkhire and Namely specifically). Also, it is easy to share information with the hiring manager and communicate with candidates.

Pros

Ease of use increases communication with hiring managers, access to templates, provides a clear view of the candidates that are in process.

Cons

The software is robust, but you may not necessarily need to use all the features.

Colleen from Cool Glow, LLC

Industry: Wholesale

Great value and easy to use. JazzHr helps keep my recruiting organized (and our team!)

Helped organize our recruiting process, and allows my assistant to help in the process as well.

Pros

The ease of use - it's user friendly. And they always send email updates when they introduce a new feature with a webinar you can sign up for (or just get the info afterwards). I love that you can customize your emails, schedule an interview and even customize your interview questions right there. And the option to move a candidate forward, reject them, add an offer - makes everything much easier and more organized. I also love the bulk mailing feature!

Cons

The integration with some paid job posting sites is a little lack luster but I think that has more to do with the recruiting sites (like Indeed) since they prefer to have their own direct customers and charge PPC.

Maddie from Peaksware

Grateful for an all-encompassing recruiting tool!

Jazz makes recruiting easy - from storing candidates' information to providing workflow options and even varying user access levels to work with internal and external parties as needed. It's easy to communicate back and forth with the interviewing team through the app, and I can't recommend it more highly to anyone considering using the program--particularly with a high volume of open positions to manage.

Pros

Love all of the options from user access levels to detailed data available on candidates and job profiles.

Cons

Wish some parts were more intuitive--there's a lot of loops within Jazz itself...for example, a note someone makes on a task is hard to find again or isn't easily shared with other co-workers within the app. You really have to use the program often, and play around with buttons to understand all that's available to you within the app rather than some of it being more intuitive--particularly for coworkers new to the recruiting process jumping in on say one candidate's workflow.

Heather from Affordabletours.com

An Incredible Time Saver

Our company has been using the Jazz ATS since around April of this year and the amount of time it has saved is unbelievable. We went from listing job ads manually on multiple websites to having Jazz list them for us and maintain the tracking of views and traffic. Before we would need to sift through hundreds of emails and then opening each attachment to view the resumes, call the applicant, bring them into the office to fill out the application and start the process there. Now, applicants complete the application when they send us their resume. It is all located in an easy to search application and the whole hiring team can look at the resumes instead of one person checking their email and printing the resumes for others to look at. I 100% recommend the Jazz ATS to any business. Our business is a smallish 120 employee establishment but since we are a sales company, we hire sales reps in batches of 10-20 several times a year. Having the Jazz ATS has make the hiring process so much smoother.

Pros

Easy to search applicants, All applicants in one location, Tasks/notes can be sent to individual members of the hiring team or the group as a whole, too many other things to mention.

Cons

The "Help" FAQ section is a little messy at times when you don't know the exact words to search for while you are learning the system but they do provide multiple training sessions for anyone who will be using the program.

Brent from Morris-Jenkins Heating & Air Conditioning

Happy Customer! Much improved based upon feedback. No unresolved major issues or complaints.

JazzHR has come a long way. Now that they've been taking client feedback and suggestions very seriously, I can't complain. New features and improvements are popping up every week. The annoying user experience issues that I have dealt with previously are near completely gone and this ATS makes my job a lot easier. Their development team has done a great job and they've done much better testing to prevent unexpected bugs. Recruiting with JazzHR is highly automated and enjoyable.

Pros

JazzHR is easy to use and allows customized automation, enabling us to hire a massive number of candidates efficiently.

Cons

Canned application questions wording still can't be edited per client company.

Samantha from Omega Computer Services

Has completely changed our hiring process for the better!

I've gotten so many benefits from JazzHR but the biggest and most important benefit to me from this software is the amount of quality, qualified candidates I've received on every job that I've posted. We've been able to successfully post three completely different jobs and go through the workflow of interviewing, discussing and hiring for all three jobs.

Pros

I think what I like most about JazzHR is the ease of use. Coming from a busy company I don't have a ton of time to really learn an intricate software and JazzHR has allowed me to use the full software with such an amount of ease. It makes my life so easy! It has completely changed our hiring process in a positive way. Before JazzHR we were getting swamped with candidates, with JazzHR we are now getting swamped with candidates but they are quality and qualified candidates and for that I am so thankful. I recommend this product to all of my clients as well for their hiring needs.

Arpita from Screen Magic Mobile Media Pvt. Ltd

To use Jazz Hr you have to be Tech Savy!!! :)

It helped in streamline of our recruitment process, also helped to track the assessment feedback of different hiring managers / panel.

Pros

I like the entire features of the software specially the "Role Model" feature it becomes easier for us to screen the profiles similar matching to the role model.

Cons

1) There should be bulk selection option of profiles. 2) The candidates who are directly applying through Jazz portal should not be visible to external recruiter or even they should not receive the email. (They should be restricted visibility to direct candidates applying from website, linkedin, free portals etc )

Christian from Transactis Inc.

Great Applicant Tracking System!

Pros

Very easy to use, interactive, and has streamlined our recruiting process from sourcing to interviewing. There are many APS's out there,and a lot are similar, but what set Jazz apart was the customer service/support from prior to purchasing through implementation , they were very helpful and flexible.

Cons

The one item I had trouble with at the start was getting buy-in from senior level management, but our Jazz rep was willing to run through numerous demos to show how easy the platform is to use, and the amount of time it would save hiring managers.

Great ATS!!

We implemented Jazz just under 2 years ago. I use it daily to sort resumes, post jobs, send emails, etc. In general it is a really good system that allows you to customize in a way that works best for you. Our account manager is always there is answer questions and to help train us on whatever we ask!

Pros

Jazz continues to add updates to their system. They listen to their customers and try to make the overall function of Jazz user friendly, I believe they have accomplished that.

Cons

The only cons I have right now is some of their tracking features need updated and the calendar feature. For example, it does not track who I email a resume to and the calendar function is low level.

Teresa from GrowthForce, LLC

Jazz is always Improving

We started using Jazz before it was called Jazz and I haven't been able to offer any suggestions for improvements because they always beat me to it! They're constantly adding new features without disrupting the basic way it works which means I don't have to change the way I work until I have time to check out the improvements. The only change I wasn't thrilled with was the name change - I like the name "Resumator" better - :-). I often get calls from other ATS providers, but after I watch their demonstrations I have to tell them that they don't offer anything better than Jazz.

Pros

very easy and intuitive to use. price is great for a small and budget conscious business.

You get what you pay for

Track all applications electronically and post to job boards with one click.

Pros

The system is very inexpensive and much better than having not ATS. -It posts to several free job boards with only one click. -Store, track, and update all applications in one place. -You can communicate with applicants through the system. -You can leave comments and keep record of multiple applications for an applicant. -You can send emails in bulk.

Cons

Compared to other ATS in the same price rang and has a ton more (useless) features and is missing some key basic features. -The reports features are very complicated and not very practical -The screening and interview features are not realistic in our environment -Missing basic features like automatic replies when changing status -Admin does not have control over who has access to what. You can set users up by predefined positions such as "super user" but you can't tailor what a "super user" is. -The sales, customer service etc. have obviously never been involved in hiring -They ask for feedback but only interested in the feedback they want to hear on useless features that do not aid in hiring. -Calendar feature does not sync with all versions of outlook making it completely useless -The design features and look are horrible -To post on paid sites you must save credit card information that all Admins have access too.

Laurie from GovHR USA

Jazz is a must try!

I will start off with saying we had an AWFUL ATS which I will not name. I started looking for a replacement and stumbled across Jazz (The Resumator at the time). It was too good to be true! Jazz provides everything we need. Helps our staff stay organized and is very user friendly. And the customer service cannot be beat! They are a fun company with lots of energy, you can tell by the survey's they send out among other correspondence with fun jokes.

Pros

User Friendly, great reporting, a huge time saver for us.

Cons

They make a lot of changes. In my opinion this is a good thing but some users who are not as tech savvy may not like it.

Laird from Placester, Inc.

Gets better and better and better

I have been a Jazz user for the past 2.5 years. By far the best and easiest ATS to work with from Day 1. No need to have a pricey consultant come in and do the set up and training, no need to waste time in long and boring training classes, very easy to use and navigate and using additional features on the Administration side are very easy to pick up and learn. The reporting feature is straight forward. It gives you reports that you need and if need to download them just export to CSV and make your pivot tables etc. New features are constantly being rolled out and implemented which other companies would make you pay for the added functionality, not Jazz they provide the new features for free or in some cases where it is a 3rd party application they may charge a nominal fee. Scheduling interviews is a breeze.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

That it didn't come out 10 years ago.

Kim from TalentMinded Inc.

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

JazzHR is a great tool for recruiting. It's easy to implement and user friendly.

Cost effective, easy to use and can scale with you as you grow. Easily integrates with BambooHR and other HRIS platforms. The customer support at JazzHR is responsive and helpful and they are always adding new functionality to improve the product.

Pros

It's the best system on the market for the price and functionality. JazzHR easily integrates with free job boards saving posting time and looks great on mobile!

Cons

The reporting could be improved. JazzHR integrates with a number of other HR Tech providers but at times the API can be limiting.

Meets all hiring needs in one, accessible place

Could benefit from greater organization and a simpler user experience, but overall JazzHR is a great way to store a lot of information and details throughout the hiring process and keep the process streamlined.

Pros

It is very easy to keep a large amount of information all together in one place. For instance, you can move a hiring candidates through various, customizable stages of the hiring process and store materials such as resume, additional application materials (for instance, a writing sample) as well as interview assessments from interviewers, all in one place. It also allows you to store multiple email templates for a variety of needs so that communication can stay consistent from multiple hiring managers. Allows for communication right inside the program which helps streamline information.

Cons

It could benefit from more higher-level organization as it sometimes feels a little disorganized. It can be hard to identify duplicate applications, and it relies on a lot of manual inputs for accuracy.

Melissa from The Heritage Automotive Group

JazzHR

JazzHR is a great product and for the price point you cannot beat it!

Pros

For the money, you cannot beat JazzHR. Its an affordable option and has solves a lot of our recruiting admin needs. We love being able to send mass emails to candidates and sort them by the different jobs we have

Cons

We have two separate locations that we recruit for and we could not integrate the two together. We had to create two separate accounts so we constantly are logging off and back in under the different accounts.

September 2016

Samantha from Stitch (Formerly RJMetrics)

Great Value - a good product for a good price

Pros

It's easy to use and is customizable by departments. Each of our department has a different process and we were able to configure Jazz to meet all of our needs. I also really appreciate having a dedicated Account Manager who always been accessible - he's come onsite to meet me and jumped on calls whenever I've had questions. That's becoming harder and harder to find these days so it's something I really appreciate.

Cons

I wished it would have integrated with LinkedIn Recruiter Lite - but I think that's more of a LinkedIn thing vs. a Jazz thing. Overall - I think for the price - you really get a lot of value. Yeah - there are other solutions out there with better reporting and what not - but they are also 10x the price. If you are a start-up or a small business - Jazz is a great solution for you.

Matthew from meltmedia

An easy solution for a company our size.

We've been with JazzHR since it was started as Resumator 10 years ago. They've been a great partner through our growth, and offer easy solutions to posting positions and managing workflow and a great price. Their newest integrations with Namely may prove to be helpful as well.

Pros

Rarely goes down, easy to teach managers how to use, minimal requirements for usage, and an affordable price.

Cons

It doesn't integrate with LinkedIn unless you purchase the premium LinkedIn package, and the name doesn't give a good indicator of what they do.

Kate from TheSiteEdge, LLC

I love JazzHR

The hiring "team" functionality will rely on your team being skilled at following SOP - there are a lot of "steps" you can create with the software, but unless everyone follows them it can become a mess.

Pros

The user interface is very intuitive. The features are fantastic - being able to have the process flow so seamlessly is very helpful. The interview guides and interview scoring are particularly useful.

Cons

While you can "copy" a posting and manually repost it, you cannot "refresh" a post on the boards until 90 days of it being active. It's also odd that you can't delete old interview templates - I end up naming them strange things starting with "XXX" so they sink to the bottom of the alphabetical list. We do not use this for our HRIS at all - for that we went with a different software.

Jake from Rogue Fitness

Headache Free!

Time-saving, and headache reducer. We'd highly recommend!

Pros

This software is great for both applicant and employer. I know when I've applied for jobs, I've had my complaints with the application system, and as an employer - I love to make that experience as streamlined and headache-free as possible. You have the ability to pre-screen w/ a few questions - that can weed out candidates who don't have the required prereqs- and has given us more-qualified candidates as a result. Always great to have less throw-away resumes to weed through. I'm all for anything that makes our jobs easier here.

Cons

We haven't needed the premium support, but if we did we are not currently paying for it. Just one thing to think about.

Cole from RapidAdvance

Convenient tool to use given the price

convenience or tracking applicants through entire hiring process

Pros

It's straight forward, manages the applicant tracking process from start to finish, allows for ample notes, can work with individualized process flows to work with your organization

Cons

Does not implement with our HR software, great for the start up vibe where all types of startups are used, not the best when you have established users of traditional HR brands

Nicole from Senior Health Solutions

Clean, Easy to use, frequently updated

JazzHR has been a game- changer for our company's hiring process. No other ATS we've tried has been as streamlined and well-organized and highly functional as this. Will absolutely recommend with full confidence to other HR representatives.

Pros

JazzHR contains all the functions required for me to conduct my recruiting efficiently and effectively. The layout is clean and uncluttered, functions are straightforward, making hiring processes easy to follow, software is frequently updated to tend to client needs and requests, unlimited job postings/ candidates with subscription.

Cons

JazzHR does not yet have an automated text feature to contact candidates, however I've been told that is frequently requested by JazzHR users, and may be on its way soon.

Erin from SBB Research Group LLC

Excellent ATS for streamlining the candidate review and interview process

We have streamlined our candidate review and interview process immensely, saving us a ton of time. The customer support team is always very responsive and does a great job at finding a solution to any question or problem.

Pros

The software is easy to use and can be customized to meet specific needs. If there is ever a feature or process that has room for improvement, the feature request team is very receptive to updating and implementing quickly.

Cons

While its very helpful in getting the data needed, the functionality of the reporting feature doesn't exactly meet our specific needs.

Danielle from TrustHCS

JazzHR is amazing. Excellent support and the improvements every year continues to impress me!

Pros

EVERYTHING! The best part was the integration with LinkedIn. I have all of my users fully trained and we use JazzHR to the best of our abilities. It allows me to streamline the recruiting and hiring process.

Cons

I wish I was able to hire my employees and have this software link to my payroll system. This way the full life cycle of the candidate to employee is housed in one spot.

Amy from All Web Leads

Jazz is my Hero!

Jazz is uber-user friendly - for the client and the candidate. So many reporting capabilities. Even better support staff. Could NOT hire 700 people last year with any other ATS!

Pros

Super easy to use! Fantastic support team!

Cons

Sometimes there is a lag between screen, especially when scheduling interviews.

Brent from Morris-Jenkins Heating & Air Conditioning

Software architecture is deeply flawed, still overall pretty user friendly & effective at good $

It has helped us effectively hire record number of new employees. It keeps us well organized and does what an ATS is supposed to do relatively well.

Pros

The price is good for a mediocre ATS that does the basics well at keeping candidates and jobs organized. The email templates are fully functional. Candidate profiles are pretty well organized, except across jobs. Job cloning and posting process is pretty smooth. It operates fast and rarely has technical issues. They have made some improvements based upon our suggestions, but it took a long time and was like pulling teeth to see any progress.

Cons

Candidate notes/comments/discussion cannot be seen across different jobs or even instances of jobs. Customer and candidate support costs extra to interact via phone, otherwise only internet form submission is required to resolve issues. Overpromised and underdelivered features, functionality, and continuous development speed. Not very customizable. Poorly designed. New and updated features are poorly beta-tested before release and not well thought out from a user perspective. Changes to Workflow templates, stages, and disposition reasons cannot easily be cloned across all of them at once, meaning you need to edit many different templates individually. Task automation features exist, but are poorly designed sometimes.