All JazzHR Reviews

JazzHR Review: Understand the Pros and Cons

Charles

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Best Recruiting Software

It has replaced our individual accounts with recruiting websites lower total costs and still bringing in lots of qualified people.

PROS

Jazz is aggregate recruiter, you post to it and it posts your job on multiple boards. It allows you to see all job candidates in one place, at one price.

CONS

There isn't a way to highlight your posts on certain boards it picks where your posts will be highlighted.

April

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Good option for small to mid sized company

Overall a very good ATS for candidate sourcing and pipeline management, at a good price. Customer support is excellent - we even had our AE do a training for our managers when we rolled out the interview assessments & feedback requirements. The only reason why I might consider another platform is the reporting.

PROS

Easy to implement and offers customization for application screening and assessments. Bulk action allows recruitment to save a ton of time by using the filter to shortlist, disqualify and send feedback to candidates.

CONS

Reporting - it's very difficult to pull actionable data from the platform based on how it's collected. If you want to include interviews in your reporting data, all interviews must be scheduled through the platform which we've had issues with, same with offers - to be tracked they need to be sent to the candidate through Jazz. When you clone and repost jobs to keep them at the top of job boards it counts as a separate job and that messes up reporting data.

Reason for choosing JazzHR

We have been using Humi as our HRIS ( switching to Bamboo) and there is an ATS/Recruitment function, but it's very basic and didn't offer good pipeline management features ( I have yet to find an HRIS platform that's also a good option for recruitment).

Thank you for your review, April. We really appreciate your feedback! It is good to hear that you find JazzHR to be easy to implement and you have had a good experience with our Customer Support team! I apologize the reporting has not been an easy process for you and your team. We are always looking to improve our product, and I will be sure to share this with our team. Thanks again and happy hiring!!

Replied November 2022

Sonia

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Not an automated system, very manual

I would switch today if I could.

PROS

The fact that we have a careers website they can develop.

CONS

The customer onboarding is a joke. They give you 2 calls and then you have to pay for more. If you need more support they REALLY try to push the account management option on you which is just as expensive as the whole system. The whole system is manual. Everything from creating a job posting to onboarding the customer. The candidate onboarding piece is so manual that you're better off doing the onboarding the old-school way, via email. There are so many limitations, you either have to create the onboarding documents every time you send the package OR you need to send a separate email for every onboarding document.

Reason for choosing JazzHR

The pricing was better but now we wish we had gone with another one.

Pierpaolo

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

JazzHR - Great HR Capabilities

PROS

It makes recruiting easy and comes with an amazing jib board It is a great online HR solution and makes applicant tracking easy

CONS

JazzHR has always met needs. No issues.

Keith

Food Production, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2022

JazzHR ATS Review

We were looking for a more robust ATS that allows more technical level changes than what our previous ATS allowed - and this is just that. It gives the user a lot of control over the settings/workflows, which at times can be a bit cumbersome to maintain, but ultimately creates a more specialized experience for our recruitment team.

PROS

I like that the program really focuses on what it does best - workflow integration. If you take the time to really set this product up right, you can automate 75% of the administrative tasks that can be very time consuming.

CONS

It’s greatest strength is at times it’s greatest weakness. The workflow management is excellent when it’s set up properly, but requires a lot of maintenance to keep it updated and current.

Price/functionality.

Reasons for switching to JazzHR

BambooHR is a very basic program that does not offer a lot of user control.

Ashley

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

User friendly ATS program

Overall experience with JazzHR has been positive. Customer service is very helpful.

PROS

Product is easy to use. Reporting section allows for easy data generation. Customization of work flows and task assignment allows for notifications to appropriate staff that they have a candidate to look at and decision to be made for an interview or decline. JazzHR saved my company a significant amount of money in recruiting costs.

CONS

They do not have a contract with Indeed for job sponsorship. Jobs are posted to indeed, but if you need to sponsor the job you have to go though Indeed instead of through JazzHR. Would be nice to use one application for all recruiting needs

Reasons for switching to JazzHR

To save money and have job postings on more than one website

Josh

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Great ATS

PROS

Honestly, [sensitive content hidden] was the main reason for me staying with JazzHR. He was attentive, easy to work with, easily accessible and helped me with my concerns. I like the support Jazz offers as well

CONS

The pricing is a little more than breezyhr or other competitors. I would have liked just the ATS component. Adding zoom integration for a extra fee is unfortunate.

Reason for choosing JazzHR

See above. I signed up for a month before committing long term so we will see how this next month goes.

Sheryl

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2021

New Client

Great value / features for the money

PROS

Ease of Implementation and assistance with resume import

CONS

I wish there was a feature to import your templates If I have to do my templates manually, a more robust editor would be appreciated.

Reason for choosing JazzHR

I did an intensive feature comparative and determined that JazzHR had all of the features I was looking for and at a good price making it the best value.

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

The Next Step Up From Indeed

I have been using Indeed for my recruiting needs, so I looked at JazzHR through the lens of whether or not the cost and functionality justified the switch.

PROS

I like that you are able to not only post the details about the job you are hiring for, but you can also create "knockout questions" for your candidates. That way, if your candidate doesn't qualify based on those questions, you don't spend time moving ahead in the interview process with them.

CONS

I did not find the JazzHR software intuitive and I had some difficulty setting it up. I thought the free trial period was too short.

Reason for choosing JazzHR

I am having good results with Indeed by using the free job posting option, and thus did not decide to spend money going with JazzHR.

Angelina

Computer Software, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed April 2023

A comprehensive applicant tracking system

It is a user-friendly ATS system and good for entry-level recruiters who are new to the job. The library of recruiting resources and support to help users understand and navigate the ATS is far better than any other customer support team. While there are limited customization and pricing concerns, using Jazz HR has been a positive experience.

PROS

Jazz HR has one of the cleanest and intuitive interfaces I have seen on an ATS. The tool is very helpful for a full desk recruiter as they can use its job integrations, ability to report, go over resumes and conduct background checks as well. The customer support team at Jazz HR is super helpful and responsive. They also provide a wide variety of trainings and a library of recruiting resources.

CONS

Jazz HR provides a wide variety of pricing options but some businesses may feel that it is more expensive than other robust ATSs' in the market. Its reporting features are very basic and may fall short when the recruiter is looking for more insights like industry trends, market salaries and prime locations of talent. There is a lack of candidate communication options, for example - I found it difficult to send bulk emails or make customizations on my communication templates.

Company decision

Nanette M Carvalho

Human Resources, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2023

Easy, Inexpensive, Great Functionality!

There is a lot of information to take in when setting up JazzHR, but they provide tremendous training over the phone and through their tutorials and library. I always receive great customer service. The cost of using JazzHR is so incredibly reasonable that should not be a block for any company when considering using the system.

PROS

What I like best about JazzHR is it allows for customization for how it can be used. Adding emails to different status's helps me keep candidates informed on where they are in the process, which is something candidates often complain about is companies not responding to, or keeping them updated on their status. This helps my clients maintain their good reputations. I like that when a candidate applies multiple times I can merge all their applications so all the notes are in one file and I don't need to jump back and forth between files. I also really like that I could integrate Criteria assessments into JazzHR. So when we speak with a candidate we are interested in, we can easily send them an assessment just by pushing a button, and the results will also be right there in the candidate file. There are so many other functions the system provides but for my small business clients they just really need a reliable recruiting platform and JazzHR is it.

CONS

The texting feature is good, but I personally have run into some glitches that are specific to my account. While there is a work around, it is not ideal and creates other issues for me. However, when used by just one customer (business) they will not run into this issue. Texting is a great way to reach candidates who may not otherwise respond to my call since I call from an out of state area code.

Reason for choosing JazzHR

There are a lot of products to choose from. I started working with a client who used JazzHR and now it is the only platform I recommend my clients use. Infact, if they are using a different program I cannot offer my recruiting services. JazzHR is just to easy and streamlined.

Justin

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed April 2021

For the price, JazzHR is a great platform for applicant tracking and workflow management.

JazzHR has been a great applicant tracking system for us. Very user friendly and customizable. It is one of the most affordable systems I have seen on the market, so I think it's a great bang for your buck. Only downside is the lack of reporting/analytics for managing a recruiting team.

PROS

This software is very user friendly and easy to navigate. You can customize your own workflows and easily extend offers with various templates depending on the position you are recruiting for. JazzHR also has an easy search feature to find a candidate by name, email address, or phone number.

CONS

There are very few reporting tools/analytics within JazzHR to track metrics of a recruiting team. Due to this, I have to have my team send me a weekly snapshot on their submittals, interviews, offers, etc. JazzHR also does not integrate with a lot of other companies in order to streamline the onboarding process (i.e. background checks/drug screens can initiate automatically through the system)

Frank

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2016

It's simply Jazztastic.

When I joined The VSI Team I came to know this little tool that I had never seen before, it had an awesome UI, and an UX so smooth that I just felt like I was surfing through my workflows, literally surfing... I can sit and talk about the features Jazz offers like its automated customizable workflows, e-docs, ease of integration with other platforms like HackerRank, the Crod module which instantly gives you benchmarks to compare your performance, etc. But if I had to pick one single area where Jazz adds the greatest value is Candidate Experience. Granted, your Candidate Experience depends heavily on how your recruitment team operates, but Jazz significantly helps making life easier for your Talent Acquisition team by improving their response time, their abilities to stay in touch with candidates, simplifying their tasks, . As you know, today Talent Brand and Candidate Experience are factors that heavily influence how the talent market perceives us, this is specially true if we're talking about Tech Companies, and Jazz can be a valuable ally in managing your Talent Acquisition process to deliver the best service. Oh, did I mention our Hiring Managers love it? Oh and the support team rock!

CONS

The only drawback is in the reporting capabilities, it's missing some dashboards and the ability to keep track of your metrics, but I know from a good source that is about to change in Q1 2017.

Laura

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Excellent Software!

JazzHR has been an excellent product. We appreciate the visibility, customization, and streamlined processes that allow our team to work together easily and efficiently.

PROS

We use JazzHR throughout our recruiting process - from job posting to managing candidates from application to hiring - JazzHR has been able to streamline and simplify the process allowing visibility to all team members. We especially appreciate the seamlessness of job postings on our website and the ease with which we are able to guide candidates through our hiring process from beginning to end.

CONS

Occasionally there are minor issues that we find with JazzHR. For example, we found out that when we pushed candidates' resumes into JazzHR from another job posting site, the email alert was not triggered for this candidate in the JazzHR system. It is rare, small things like this that we sometimes run into, but do not take away from the entire experience with JazzHR.

LOUIS

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2019

JazzHR Software proves an integral tool in identifying and acquiring new talent

Our company work requires applicants with specific skill sets in working with Cryptographic technologies to include Block chain ledgers and control platforms. As a result it can be difficult to find and qualify competitive applicants. Since we began using Jazz HR , we have found a new and useful tool in our discovery process. Over just a few months our hire retention rates have increased and our time cycles to train are greatly reduced. Finally, the quality of talent is improving as a direct result of using this software. We are excited to continue its use and happy to recommend it to human resource departments for companies small to moderate size.

PROS

The highly configurable tools in this software allow for in an depth discovery and qualification for potential applicants. Such tools include question and answer templates . Answers then can be analyzed and even rated for accuracy. This application can also assist in logistics such as in helping to scheduling meetings for review during a hiring process. There is a companion application for mobile devices which allow for seamless communication from fellow workers to share their reflections and ideas on a potential hire. There are as well options to leverage social networking sites to discover potential new talent as well.

CONS

The only real negative we can highlight would be in the area of support for the product itself. If your team works late hours as we do , they can be difficult to reach. This is a minor inconvenience largely out weighed by the many benefits of this HR software.

Susan

Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed March 2018

JAZZ is user friendly and allows you to capture all information regarding the applicant easily.

Ease of tracking applicants from application to hire, bulk action features saves time when sending out correspondence; set up and customizing the system to meet your company's needs was easy to do. JAZZ is always taking customer feedback and improving the system based on that feedback.

PROS

Ease of use, ability to capture all information under the applicant, ability to discuss applicant with hiring manager by tagging them in the conversation are some of the pros with this software. Visually, it shows you at a glance where the candidate is at in the pipeline. Setting up your templates and workflow to customize your company's needs was easy to do. The bulk action feature is also a plus when sending out correspondence to applicants. Customer support is always helpful.

Ayush