(1,062)

1,062

• Pros

• "This software is very easy to use. It is neatly set up and easy to navigate and learn. I have to use it daily and it is great that it is very reliable."

• "Easy to use, good interface. Doesn't take too long to load."

• "Very easy to navigate. Recording time was quick and painless!"

• Cons

• "It got a bit clunky a couple of times, but other than that it worked very well and msoothly."

• "It is easy to use but the interface is not good enough for an app like time tracker nice."

• "There can be occasional glitches with the user and client lists that sync with quickbooks, but the customer support has been quick at helping to solve them."

Browse Time Tracker Reviews

Martin from Verizon

Expenses and Invoices are better tracked by Time Tracker.

All of our invoices, receivable payments and our expenses can easily manage without ant effort. It also allow me to create and make the best templates of expenses and recurrent invoices with also manage them properly. I can better track the time of billing and expenses and then receive the payments online. The invoices options and billing designs are so flexible by Time Tracker.

Pros

With the help of Time Tracker software, it is so easy for us to better manage all of our invoices by tracking the time billing and to create the customize invoices to get the payment transaction online in faster manner. It is a fully accounting and invoices software because it automatically manage our bank accounts and bank balance sheets assets. We are also able to send all of our invoices with payments to our customers. By Time Tracker, the scheduling of our payments with invoices and expenses are so great because we have a lot of controls about the information of our invoices. So, it is very easy to set up our operations, sales and inventory payments by this efficient software. The dashboards features really told me about my accounts conditions with excellent invoices and billing. If you receive your payment and send within a second, then you must need Time Tracker software.

Cons

The main drawback of Time Tracker software is that it does not have the ability to remind about the pending payments, sending invoices and receiving payments. It also does not provide the records of all the previous payments, contacts and store invoices but it has the ability to store the customer information for upcoming invoices, payments and accounts schedules.

JENNIFER from JAC ENTERPRISES

Works great!

It has helped us to keep track of our employees and where they spend their time, keeping records of job-sites w/uploads like photos, billing for services and notes on properties.

Pros

Cons

It can offer more, like client support, but they are very good because they listen and get things done, like a Spanish version!

Reasons for Choosing Time Tracker

Free trial and the support was great!

Nancy from Actuarial Resources Corp

Quickbooks compatible works very smoothly

We have used this software for several years. I have employees all over the country and all ages. All can use this software with out issues. It syncs easily with quickbooks for billing.

Pros

When i was looking for time keeping software it was essentially that is talk to quickbooks. This was difficult to find. However this software did and works very well. My employees are all over the country and they all have no issues with this software.

Cons

Occasionally the link between quickbooks and this software gets broken and it took customer service to resolve the problem. Now I know how to resolve myself.

Reasons for Choosing Time Tracker

Time tracker synced best with quickbooks and seemed to have the most “ease of use”

Diana from TSAV

Simple, easy to use.

A remote entry time sheet from each employee that syncs easily with Quick Books. It's simple and easy to use.

Pros

It links very easily to Quick Books. Their customer support has improved over the last year. They provide mobile access and links to Outlook.

Cons

Initially their customer support was terrible, but they have improved over the last several months. You can't set the order in which the service items appear. The largest issue, and reason we are seeking other time sheet services: employees enter their time on the honor system and in a lump sum. Ebillity provides the option of the employee 'clocking in and out' but it's cumbersome: you can't switch service items or projects easily - you have to log out of the current one and then log back in. Ebillity doesn't allow for a time sheet approval process. And you can't specify limits of access to certain employee time sheets, (that would provide a supervisor access to the time sheets of their subordinates). Trying to print a particular time sheet is difficult and the layout is undesirable: large font that turns a single time sheet into several pages.

Response from eBillity

Replied July 2018

Hi Diana! Thanks for the great review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy that Time Tracker has been a good fit for your company! We are happy to let you know that a lot of the features that you said you wanted which we don't have, such as an approval process or access permissions, we do actually have! We would love to help you out and teach you how to use these features! Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. -Alex from eBillity

Tacita from Yonug Visionaries Youth Leadership Academy

Good software to use to help keep track of your hours.

As an employee I have found out that this software helps me keep track of my hours and my schedule needs.

Pros

What I like most about this software it that it helps keep track of your hours, from the time you clock in and out. It works great.

Cons

There is nothing lease I like about this software it works great for all employee's, employer's and all business needs.

Maria from Bach Construction, Inc.

Time Tracker is Great!

Time Tracker has worked well for us especially being able to have the field guys to log in their time onsite from their phone, when they need to.

Pros

I like that you can customize the time and or expense reports in order to see the total values of either one.

Cons

I haven't run into any problems, so I don't have any "cons" at this time.

Reasons for Choosing Time Tracker

When I first started with the company, they were using time tracker - I'm not too positive on why the business stop using it but when I came into the management role I was trying to make certain processes better and with my prior experience using the software I decided time tracker was an efficient software to use.

Elizabeth from Stahl Engineering & Failure Analysis

Time Tracker for Quickbooks LEDES invoicing

I haven't had a horrible experience, because the customer service is good. And, typically we can work through the issues. They are able to go right in and see the problem. Developers have fixed things I have caught and got them working. And, it does sync well and work well once you get used to the issues.

Pros

I liked most that it combined capturing receipt images for creating expenses, and time entries, and created invoices that sync with QuickBooks and allows for LEDES export. It allowed us to do away with separate expense and time entry apps, and provide LEDES for clients that required that. While allowing us to keep using QuickBooks desktop as our primary bookkeeping software.

Cons

This software has been developed with a lot of bugs or inconsistencies. Many things have not been tested, and are not working properly or in the same manner across the app. It is learned by trial and error. Some of the ways things flow makes little sense.

Reasons for Choosing Time Tracker

Time tracker pricing was good for what it had to offer.

Brian from Brian Koon Construction LLC

Time Tracker by ebillity Review

Between 8-9 because I think this Time Tracker has the potential to be built upon.

Pros

The ease of putting your data into the system.

Cons

I wish there were a "reports" option inside the *app for use in iphone, ipad, or andriod phone with going to a desktop. Also, I would like to see if a communication hub such as slack to communicate to ALL users at once. That feature would need to be used inside the *app.

Reasons for Choosing Time Tracker

More economical and the addition of the expense tracker.

Great time tracking tool

Free integrations is one of the positive things which is attracted to many users.I would recommend others to use the free trial and check if its worth for the price point.

Pros

Its works in offline too. Free android and ios application for easier use. Can track time for Employee. It has notifications and alerts which is useful for users. Time entry reminders are available.

Cons

frequent bugs can be found, Other than that its clean and good way to track time and work its really a helpful tool.

Jing from Einstein Associates LLC

Track employee's work time easily

Time Tracker helps to track employee's work time easily!

Pros

We use Time Tracker to keep track of projects our team is working on, and accurately account for all of their hours.

Cons

The hours are divided into billable and non-billable hours, it's hard to deal with non-billable hours, we would like to add all the non-billable hours automatically.

Time Tracker

I don't have to come up with my own method of tracking employee and contractor hours. Integration with Quickbooks now with the web client is seemless. Things pretty much work well now.

Pros

Multi-platform with ease of use. Flexibility to allow you to record multiple days and hours in a single line-item or (like me) track each individual day separately so that I can report to my customers exactly what was done when I was there billing hourly. No save button the stuff is automatically saved when you tab past and entry in the web client. Mobile clients for Android and iPhone are very functional.

Cons

Screen handling is sometimes buggy. Every once in a while you end up with two lines per entry which typically happens on a larger screen. I have a 4K display and sometimes when I make the screen size large enough to fit the entire width of the screen the second line pops in which makes no sense. I would also like more flexibility in enlarging sections of the screen, and the ability to eliminate fields that I don't use, but that's just cosmetic things. The program works great. Andriod and iPhone clients don't capitalize the first word in a sentence for some reason even though it does that in other applications. This causes editing issues later for me when I bill the customer. I get statements from my workers like "i moved sue's computer" and typically if I dictate in other applications it comes out like "I moved Sue's computer" -- I'm not sure why they don't use the typical text processors on the platform

Response from eBillity

Replied November 2018

Thank you very much for your business and your time with Time Tracker by Ebillity. We greatly appreciate the feedback, and the review you have taken the time to write here on Capterra. I would appear you encountered some technical difficulties when using Time Tracker. If you ever have any comments, questions, or concerns, please call us at 800-851-0992. Thank you again!

Arthur from AK Family Law

Industry: Law Practice

Good Product and concept WHEN it works but POOR Customer service when it doesnt!

If I cant create invoices then it is useless to me. Fix your software and get appropriate support.

Pros

The software is good for time tracking and then it syncs with Xero so that I do not have to do any double entries. I am a single freelance user and it saves me time WHEN it works. When there are issues, and there will be, trying to fix them is time consuming. Customer service is practically non existent.

Cons

Poor customer support - When there are issues, and there will be, trying to fix them is time-consuming. I am currently on hold to the telephone support and have been for 23 minutes now. I have been called one (yes 1) in the queue for all that time. Seems they have no one on the support desk to actually take the phone call. Also waiting for the online support person to answer my question for the last 20 minutes as well. Trying to create an invoice for a client. Have over $1,500 in work to bill out but the create invoice function seems to only be picking up the last two entries and wants to create an invoice for only $39. Can't figure out why. All the entries are approved and fall within the selected date range. Last time I tried to an create invoice I had the same issue and support couldn't figure out why and just created the invoice for me but never fixed the issue. Guess what, the very next invoice I tried to create I have the same issue. Now its been 30 minutes and still on hold. Also, the online chat function disconnected "because it was idle for too long" while I waited patiently for a representative to respond. The representatives are probably overworked and handling too many issues at once I suspect.

Response from eBillity

Replied October 2018

Hello Arthur. Thank you for leaving your feedback here on Capterra. I apologize for the lack of proper customer support. We are better than that and there is no excuse. We are available Monday through Friday, beginning at 10am. Feel free to contact me directly at 800-851-0992 Ext 108 .

Fritz from RMKM

I never needed any customer support and I don't know how much the software costs.

Paid.

Pros

It's the only computer software I have never needed help with. It keeps it simple.

Cons

That I have to fill out my timesheet on a computer -- period. I'm just pure old-school. I have no complaints, and want no gift or future surveys.

Brett from Peloton Inc

TimeTracker by eBility review

Overall, we have been very happy with TimeTracker in our business, and would recommend to other companies seeking a time tracking solution.

Pros

We use Timetracker in our business to record employee work time. I like that we can create different jobs and allocations within the software to specify where employees record time and to what project or job. I also like the rich reporting features and the ability to access employee "time cards" from anywhere that has an internet connection.

Cons

The one thing I like the LEAST about this software is the web interface's tendency to become mixed up and VERY difficult to use after resizing on the screen. There are sizing "handles" top bottom and left right of the actual time entry form. This form can be dynamically stretched and adjusted to fit the screen of the monitor an end user is using. Unfortunately, on smaller monitors, the form itself gets mixed up and entry blanks shift all over the screen when adjusting form size. Fortunately, this issue can be fixed by a simple "reset" of the form back to standard. It's more of an inconvenience than issue.

Response from eBillity

Replied October 2018

Greetings. Thank you for the glowing review you left for using Time Tracker by Ebillity. We are always striving to make our product better and we are available to assist you in the future. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns you'd like to leave us, please feel free to give us a call at 800-851-0992. Thank you for your time and business.

Samantha from Consulting

We have had great success using this software. Easy to use, provides great, basic features.

Ability to work remotely

Pros

This software, while not as fast as working in QB, we have a lot of information at our disposal when not working from the office (where we use QB desktop). This has really been key in being able to have one person enter time, run reports, etc. when someone else is using the company file or if we are working remotely. The customer support team is FANTASTIC. We have an issue when we first set up our account and they were amazingly helpful. Informative, but not requiring us to do all the work to fix the problem. It took probably a couple of days, but really was a smooth experience. They are also responsive when we have quick, short questions. They make the overall experience nearly painless when dealing with technical issues.

Cons

The software is slightly slower than QB, which makes sense. One of the bigger frustrations is the inability to change items after they have been approved. We can change them in QB, but they'll never update in ebility. We have to do this a fair amount due to how we handle some of our prospective clients before they become a job. It makes the reporting feature less accurate. Other than that, there are a few features in QB that are not offered here, but that is not a major deal. Showing what items have been billed vs. not billed. The report window/feature could also be streamlined a bit more. It's a little clunky, but overall not bad. This is all of course based on our use.

Reliable, easy-to-use

Pros

It's easy to use; I just start the timer when I arrive at work, figure out what I'm working on, and go to work. When I switch tasks, I either start a new timer or make a note at where the timer is at. Then at the end of the day, I take a moment to review what I worked on and how much time was spent on each job. And at the end of each week or pay period, it's super easy to just submit the time to our controller and she pulls it into her payroll interface. Also, I really like the feature of copying tasks and times from the previous week into the current week. It saves some time in listing the multiple jobs that I work on from week to week.

Cons

Occasionally, the software will "time-out" and I'll lose what tasks/time I had entered for the day up to that point in time. It's not a big deal to re-enter my time if I've only been working on 1 or 2 jobs. If I've been jumping around to multiple jobs, I just have to guestimate how much time I spent on each job and fill it in. This isn't the most accurate way to do it, but it only happens occasionally. Also, I wonder if there's a phone app that could be used in conjunction with the computer desktop application. If I'm on a site visit or traveling for business and not at my desk in the office, it'd be nice to be able to track my time on my phone app.

Teri from Visionary Graphics & Marketing

it's glitchy, but it's easy for my employees to use

I have less data entry work to do because my employees are responsible to enter their time sheets. We used to have hand-written time reports that I had to enter into Quickbooks daily. No more!

Pros

my staff often works on the same projects over the span of several weeks. the ability to copy their previous time sheet and then make amendments as needed is a real time saver for them and makes them more likely to get their time in by deadline with very little follow-up (prodding) from me.

Cons

Any changes that I make to the timesheets do not sync back to the cloud; client jobs that are closed still show up on the app that my employees see and that confuses them

Response from eBillity

Replied August 2018

Hi Teri! Thanks for the great review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product. Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app: IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help! -Alex from eBillity

Terri from Harry Gendel Architects

Industry: Architecture & Planning

We have been with Ebillity since 2011 when Quick Books stop having Time Tracker. Many changes.

When we had no where to turn when Quick Books left us high and dry with no place to put our time and coordinate with billing Ebillity was there to help us. Ebillity worked with us to get its software to what we needed for our employees. They have come a long way in 7 years that we have been with them.

Pros

Now, in 2018 from 2011 when we started using Ebillity there have been many changes for the good. It is much easier to use and faster. You are able to approve 1 day or 1 week at a time for your employees. Able to check off if the time is billable or non-billable. You have the choice of auto-save or not. Time is color coordinated Pending-Submitted-Approved, so you know the status at any given time. You can print out the time sheets by the week at any time. Print out reports by job or employee. Support team in the states have been very helpful, the outsourcing to another country was horrible----but have not had to use either for years now.

Cons

The printed out time sheet needs to be easier to read. There needs to be a space between each job so that it is not all run together.

Basic usage with no issues for many years

The tracker does simply work and I've never had problems with fearfully entering in hours because it was always possible to reach out to our payments person and have them revert our latest submissions in order to fix them.

Pros

The interface is rather straight forward and because we have many different buckets of things that we can bill to, we are able to make our weekly breakdowns as complicated or as simple to read and bill the clients for as we want. This makes it so that people record time the way that best suits them and their level of detail.

Cons

It's minor, but the comment boxes where I put in all of my time descriptions are rather small and are word limited. This is annoying because it forces me to be needlessly terse or enter in many more rows than I would like to in order to fit everything I did in a week in. Also not necessarily a minus but I found very little need to use the timer that they provide as there are so many times that I would start and stop a task's timer because I was distracted or something more important came up that it was a hassle to maintain.

Stephen from Supply Chain Management Association(SCMA)

Hours tracking made simple.

Fast and easy to setup and be productive. Simpler than using some of the other products on the market. Reasonable value for the money.

Pros

The application works through a web browser or my iPhone making it easy to track my hours as I go along. The report engine is simple but does what I need including making reports I can easily send to my clients in a professional looking format. It is simple to set up new customers and new items so that I can track as much or as little detail as needed.

Cons

Going back to change approved entries can't be done from the main week view session where the hours were first entered. Edits mean going to a separate view of a single line. I can see the rationale for this - the line was approved and therefore the status has to be pushed backwards, but an easier way would be nicer. A few user defined fields on some of the sessions would be helpful, especially if there became report criteria. I don't use QuickBooks for my invoicing, so having a manual check box marked INVOICED would be helpful (as an example).

Nathan from Infinity Consultants

Simple & Straighforward

Overall, I have had a great experience with Time Tracker. It's simple, and easy to learn. Adding new project names and numbers is fast. Exporting useful and detailed reports is great. I have had a good experience overall with the software.

Pros

I like the simplicity of it. Everything is organized neatly in rows. It is a very straightforward layout and it's easy to learn. I am able to quickly train new hires in the use of the system and there are rarely any follow-up questions on how to use the software. That makes my life easier as a manager. I also love the report generation feature. We do a lot of field reports, and those are sent to the client separately from the billing process. I love being able to export a comprehensive report of what has been billed and comparing it against the reports that have been distributed. That makes staying organized a lot easier for me.

Cons

I took an overseas trip and only had access to the software through the app on my phone. I found it very tedious to make entries through the app. I have employees who work in the field and who could theoretically save themselves office time if they entered their billable time directly from the jobsite. However, they have struggled through the process of using the app while on the go also, and have resorted to recording their time in their field books and then doing a bulk download from a desktop setup. That process is working, but it is not idea.

Response from eBillity

Replied December 2018

Hello Nathan. Thank you for using Time Tracker by eBillity! We greatly appreciate your time and business in using our product. The feedback you have provided is greatly appreciated as we continuing to improve our product. If you have any comments, questions, or concerns, please give us a call at 800-851-0992 at your earliest convenience. Thanks again!

Simple and intuitive interface; easily track time on computer or phone.

Pros

Its simple and intuitive interface are my favorite aspect. I find that the actual actions of setting a running timer or filling in the times after the fact are both easy to do because the interface is designed in a way that one would predict it should be. The ability to carry over hours on the same task into the next day is very helpful as well due to the fact that as an attorney, often my tasks go way past midnight. This leads to greater clarity for the customer as to what she is being charged for which task that was done when.

Cons

What I like least about Ebillity is the fact that it is very difficult to reconfigure the size of the columns in the Timesheets view. there is often not enough room for me to see the entire task description at one glance. Further, there is no way to set up standard task descriptions that could be more speedily added from a dropdown menue. Furthermore, if non-administrators could have access to viewing current billing and invoices without actually being able to change any data that would be a tremendous plus. In small firms, the billing administrator is not always around when clients have questions regarding their bills.

VAN from VAN POND ARCHITECT PLLC

Small Architecture Firm Time Keeping

We started using this in 2011 as a way to streamline employee time entry and integrate with our QuickBooks for billing. It's been a great asset and time-saver from that perspective.

Pros

This software allows us to easily track time both in the office, and via the mobile app, in the field, allowing for a more refined/granular tracking of employee tasks. It's flexible and allows not just for entry of time, but also the setting of timers to track time while working. The tech support is excellent, waits are usually short, and resolutions are most often reached in the first call.

Cons

For us, at least, there's a relatively frequent need to re-link TimeTracker to our QUickBooks software. It's not difficult, but with the support of TT support we did figure it out and it's now part of the routine , but was frustrating in the extreme until that. We also ended up with a couple of "ghost" projects in TT only that were confusing to staff, but again TT support, once we identified the problem, was prompt in assisting.

Michele from Decus Biomedical, Inc.

Industry: Medical Devices

I am the accountant and find it does everything I need, we utilize it fully

I think the product is working very effectively for us. I would not change anything!

Pros

I love how it integrates with QB so easliy, love how it brings over complex transactions such as customers and jobs, service items, payroll items, class tracking, etc. I also love the chat function and have had nothing but excellent service!

Cons

that some of my employees find that the mobile app does not work that efficiently. in the past (not recently) have had syncing errors which caused delays.

Response from eBillity

Replied August 2018

Hi Michele! Thanks for the honest review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product. Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app: IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help! -Alex from eBillity

Daniel from Pharmatech Associates, Inc.

Industry: Biotechnology

A great solution for employers with employees all over the place! Great Customer Service!

Ability to have employees worldwide enter their time quickly and easily to keep A/R as current as possible.

Pros

I like the fact that you can have employees scattered all over the country or even all over the world for that matter and they can simply login and enter their time and submit it easily using eBillity and their easy to use GUI.

Cons

I would like it to have better software for smartphones. I feel the app needs to be developed further and needs a better GUI. I think that most of the employees would use the app but it's hard enough to get them to enter their time let alone learning a new GUI. They need a simple easy to use interface that is bug freee.

Response from eBillity

Replied August 2018

Hi Daniel! Thanks for the great review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product. Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app: IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help! -Alex from eBillity

Andy from PVE, LLC

Great Add On Product for Quick Books Time Keeping

Time Tracker has been a Godsend for our company as we grow Nationwide. The ability to gather time from over 100 employees and have billing ready to go at the beginning of the month with a simply sync, has really helped our Company.

Pros

The ability to connect via download the time sheets from multiple employees at multiple locations throughout the Country has made this product very useful for us. As our business grew, it was impossible to just have each person enter their time directly into Quick Books, let alone expose the Quick Books data base to improper entries. To be able to keep an employees time sheet up to date from any device with an internet connection was vital. It has made our time keeping and billing much, much simpler.

Cons

The reporting feature is a little wonky. A little more polish on the front end to easily explain the options would be great. This is not a big stopper of the program however. Should not deter anyone from using the product.

Barbara from Barbara A. Farnum, PLC

Great special purpose program

Time Tracker provides a good overall framework for billing clients. It syncs with Quickbooks which I am able to use to produce bills directly, bypassing a separate billing/accounting program. This has proven to be a good solution for my small law firm at a reasonable price.

Pros

As a lawyer it's very simple to keep it open and track time from anywhere

Cons

Quickbooks integration used to be wonderful, but recently the syncing with Quickbooks has been spotty. It may be because Quickbooks recently introduced a new field and Time Tracker hasn't quite figured out where to sync the information from. However, when we contacted support about the syncing issue it took them days and days to even get back to us, much less fix the problem. Luckily they were able to eventually fix it, but when you rely on a software program to keep track of time for your livelihood this is incredibly frustrating. However there are not really any good standalone time billing programs out there.

Kathryn from J. Orloff & Associates, INC

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

It has been very positive!

Being able to accurately track time for all customers, either while doing computer based work or on the go (by using the app on my phone). Peace of mind knowing that all employees are able to use the application and accurately track their time. This leads to happy and repeat customers

Pros

Using the app on my phone, able to access business functions when I'm on the go, that it has a pause and a stop feature on the tracking abilities-which I use quite a bit and feel that I can accurately and fairly charge my customers the exact time I do work for them. I like being able to sync it with Quickbooks and complete my invoicing in a time efficient manner.

Cons

We are a small company and regularly use 2 employees. On the very infrequent instance when we need to employ an outside consultant and create a user account for him too, we have to bump up our subscription to the next price level and cannot take ourselves down again when that job is over.

Asher from Steveworks llc

Online platform works well. Mobile platform is a hassle.

Pros

The online platform works just fine. The spreadsheet style view makes it easy to repeat tasks across a payweek and not need to enter job coding repeatedly.

Cons

The mobile platform needs significant improvement. Having to enter every piece of information for every item each day is a royal pain. We often have tasks that repeat throughout the week and many input errors come up when job coding has to be reselected.

Response from eBillity

Replied August 2018

Hi Asher! Thanks for the honest review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product. Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app: IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help! -Alex from eBillity

Nathan from Business Technologies

It's very bare bones, but does the job. Wish the mobile app was better.

Pros

Easy to use, the webpage loads quickly. I like the scalable table that you can make larger/smaller. I like that when you can type to search and it does a wildcard search.

Cons

Sometimes the time doesn't get saved. The fields are small and can be hard to type a lot of text into. There aren't a lot of features and the mobile app isn't very good. It won't keep my signed in either, which is very annoying.

Response from eBillity

Replied August 2018

Hi Nathan! Thanks for the honest review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product. Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app: IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help! -Alex from eBillity

hugh from Survival Group

once i figures out how to use the system i love it for inputting my time

Pros

the ease to enter my time and submit it for the classes I teach

Cons

nothing so far as a user is does everything I need

Easy to Enter Time

Overall, I think this is working for the company. The program provides an easy way for everyone to work on a tracking system at once, and while the time cards can get a little messy looking, the options for endless billable project inputs is nice.

Pros

I like that this software makes it easy to categorize your time with just a couple of clicks. I also like that you can submit your time for certain parts of the week without completing the whole thing. Also, in general, the look of the site is user friendly. It isn't anything to interesting or crazy, but it is manageable.

Cons

There are certain features that are very hidden. For instance, there is a messaging feature incorporated with the program, but when someone uses it to message you, a notification does not pop up, or any indication that you have received a message. Also, the overall searching ability of the software could be a little more obvious. Finding your total hours for projects can be slightly complicated. And finally, billing in increments other then 0.25 hour would be nice.

Plays Great with Quickbooks

We have used eBillity for over six years and it has helped us bill our time every month. We enter thousands of hours each month. We have looked for alternatives in the past, but we always come back because it works so well. Whether you connect with QB or another accounting software, or just use it to track time and generate invoices, eBillity is a great choice for any company of any size.

Pros

I like most the eBillity syncs with Quickbooks. eBillity allows our team to enter time as they are working. It also stores the entries and allows users or the admins to go back and adjust them if necessary. Pricing is a huge plus, too.

Cons

It's not very pretty and the setup process can be confusing if you're connecting it to QB.

Response from eBillity

Replied August 2018

Greetings! This is Support Agent Roberto from Ebillity. Thank you for the positive feedback and for your business. Please feel free to give us a call Monday Through Friday if you ever have any questions. (800) 851-0992 Thank you for your time!

Camille from Shieff Services

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

We have used eBillity over the years for our business and it's usually been a very stable platform.

It allows my agents to log their time on each client accurately and in real-time.

Pros

It's easy for my agents to log their time for our clients and add notes. Adding new projects is also really easy.

Cons

The downtime, although not frequent, is frustrating for our team. We operate 24/7, so we always have someone logged in. I know that downtime is inevitable, but it's still frustrating. Running reports seems really slow over the past month or two. The data does finally come up, but it seems to take a long time and I usually don't get any indication that it's retrieving the data. I've seen that trend in other software also and I don't like it there either. I also really dislike the new log-in to use my Intuit log-in (which I don't have) screen if I don't log-in quickly enough on the regular one. Why can't these both be on the same page? Why the redirect?

Alexander from Casa Nela

Time Tracker: One of Many Options Out There

Overall decent tool, but there are likely better options more specifically tailored to your industry.

Pros

Time Tracker helps facilitate time tracking and payroll services. It is relatively easy to use and provides decent functionality to help with payroll and reporting needs. The tool is robust and easy to learn across the user base. The demo is a great way to try out the product before you decide to make any purchase for your organization.

Cons

Time Tracker is priced relatively affordably, but there may be better options out there for your specific needs. Certain industries require specific regulatory integrations, which are difficult to integrate into the software and are not as seamless as I would have hoped. This means that there is still a lot of manual data entry required, reducing the functionality and seamless nature of the app.

Caroline from Law Office of Caroline Schuyler

Industry: Law Practice

Very to use time tracking and billing software

Pros

The best thing I like about this software is that I can easily generate an invoice with my logo so it looks personal and professional. The user interface is intuitive and it's not difficult to find what you need in order to accomplish your task. I also like that there's an app so I can track my time when I am not in the office. This software is great and I highly recommend!

Cons

I have only two criticisms and they are minor. One, there is a slight delay between pushing the start time button and the population of the drop down menu of my clients. Second, when a dialog box opens so that you can describe your activity, you have to scroll to the bottom in order to get to the bottom of this dialog box. Then, if you want to save your time, you have to either scroll to the very bottom or hit an arrow so that it minimizes. It seems to me that this dialog box could be constructed so that it appears on the screen without having to manually scroll to the bottom.

William from Chuckanut Builders

Very helpful desktop version, mobile app could use some ease of use features.

I'm not sure I benefit personally?

Pros

I like that I can easily input my data with time-coded categories that can then be easily interpreted by my office administrator. Also, I appreciate being able to go back and edit errors, especially after I submitted my weekly information.

Cons

The mobile app always takes me a long time to input my data, especially after the day of. I feel like the ease of use in the mobile app could be improved. For reference, I have an iphone.

Response from eBillity

Replied July 2018

Hi William! Thanks for the review! We really appreciate your feedback. We would love t make your mobile time tracking experience easier, so would you mine elaborating on what features you would like t see on the mobile app in the features. Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. -Alex from eBillity

Tim from FRF Engineering and Surveying

It is very simple and easy to use. Great for logging hours on multiple jobs each day

Pros

It is set up straight forward so anyone can use it. I can keep the same job throughout the week and put hours o it for multiple days. This makes the billing so much easier for our office.

Cons

The app on the phone is complicated and not set up like the online version where you have to put actual times in instead of just hours

Response from eBillity

Replied August 2018

Hi Tim! Thanks for the great review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product. Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app: IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help! -Alex from eBillity

Adam from Best Network Solutions

Good base system, mobile app is getting better. Would like to see an Apple Watch app!

Pros

Weekly time sheets make it easy to rapidly input information. Also the Expense entry is very easy to enter information.

Cons

Mobile app has been very buggy, has slowly been getting better. Attempted to contact support about it, but was never given much information on a solution to app crashing. Finally fixed it after years

Response from eBillity

Replied August 2018

Hi Adam! Thanks for the honest review. We really appreciate your feedback, as we are always trying to make improvements to our product. Please feel free to check out our new and improved mobile app: IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ebillity-time-tracker-for/id468586078?ls=1&mt=8 Andriod: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cg.android.ebillitytimetracker Please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support regarding this issue or anything else that you have questions about. We would love to help! -Alex from eBillity

Maru from Studio T-SQ2

Decent Time Tracking app for small businesses

Overall, it is a very simple time tracking tool with no other real function. It is great for small businesses to keep track of hours, but not the tool to use if you are more corporate or a larger company.

Pros

It's a simple time tracking app that is web-based so I can enter my time wherever I am located as long as I have internet access.

Cons

Trying to enter your time entires using the mobile browser is excruciating. The page jumps around too much especially when you need to change the "Project". The pull down keeps automatically tries to fill in the project and the page jumps too much. If you are using Time Tracker, make sure to just use the computer web browser.

Response from eBillity

Replied December 2018

Hello Maru. Thank you for your buisness and your time using Time Tracker by eBillity. We appreciate the support and feedback you have provided. It appears you have been experiencing grievances with the mobile application. I would like to assist you in researching and resolving any problems you are encountering with the mobile application. We have a mobile developer in our support office Monday Through Friday. Please give us a call at 800-851-0992 at your earliest convenience and we will investigate what is causing the mobile appl on your phone to be inefficient. Thank you for your business and your time.

Jena from sanders architecture

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Good for tracking time, but that's it

Pros

It's easy and straightforward to use. It does what it is supposed to do. You are able to create billable service items and see all of your time spend on each item.

Cons

There is a column in the "weekly" report that allows you to create classes for service items. I went through and made a bunch of classes because I track my time for licensing purposes that have different categories than our billable services. I thought I would be able to create a report that showed my time in each class. Alas, this column is completely useless. It doesn't show up on any report, and it is impossible see how much time was spent in each class. Tech Support was unable to help and wasn't able to describe the purpose of class column. I was disappointed to see that I could not further customize my time tracking.

Jonathan from D L English Design Studio

Time Tracker - Easy to use, all the time

My overall experience has been positive. I was taught to use this over 2 years ago and of the several software I have used to input my working hours, Time Tracker is both the simplest and best at receiving and displaying a lot of info at once.

Pros

What I appreciate most about Time Tracker is the ease of use. I've worked on 20+ different projects in a week, and I am able to list and categorize them all very easily and describe exactly what I had done with them. This benefits my managers as well, as they can see how time accumulates and where budget is going.

Cons

I have ran into a few bugs, such as double clicking into some input fields will either delete my text / entry altogether or keep me from typing something else in until I've clicked out or refreshed the page. Minor blemishes on a good software, but present nonetheless.

Zara from Qube 4D Ventures Inc.

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

User friendly and affordable Time Tracking SW

very happy, never experienced any major issues, always accessible, fast customer service, easy to administer, good reporting system, meets our company needs and expectation for a very reasonable price

Pros

accessible from anywhere simple to use even without any training affordable no contract necessary

Cons

I so far have not yet come across any missing functionalities or obstacles We are a small enterprise and it may be less user-friendly for large corporations where the system needs to connect and talk to the payroll system or have more functionalities with more detail

Response from eBillity

Replied November 2018

Hello Zara Thank you very much for your business and your time with Time Tracker by Ebillity. We greatly appreciate the feedback, and the glowing review you have left for everyone here on Capterra! If you ever have any comments, questions, or concerns, please call us at 800-851-0992. Thank you for your business and your time.

Shelley from Fresh Creative

I use this to put my time in for my job. It is clear and easy to use

Pros

I like that everything easy to use and easy to find. All of the jobs show up in a timely manner and it is clear how many hours I have submitted for the day.

Cons

I don't like having to submit my time before I can get more slots to show up. Some days I do a lot of different jobs and after I submit my time, the time get's spread out so I can't see what I've already submitted very easily.

Response from eBillity

Replied July 2018

Hello Shelley, We greatly appreciate your review and feedback as this does help us on improving our product. However, when entering time from the weekly time sheets if you need more slots you can drag the arrow at the bottom of the sheet to get more rows without submitting your time. Please feel free to contact our support line to 1-800-851-0992 if this continues to be an issue and we will be more then glad to assist you with this concern. Thank you for your business and we look forward to speaking with you.

Devan from Noteworthy Creative Group

Easy to use for our small team!

This has saved our office tons of time with entering billable hours! It also helps reduce errors and makes employee tracking a simple weekly function for us! We have been able to bill more frequently, thus improving our cash flow.

Pros

I like that it integrates with Quickbooks, and will sync not only the time entered into our billing system, but that the time tracker sees our customers and service types as we add or edit them.

Cons

I wish that we could use this product for entering reimbursable expenses with markup. We have looked into many options for this and they just don't work quite right with markup.

Response from eBillity

Replied July 2018

We greatly appreciate your review and feedback as this does help us on improving our product. Please feel free to contact us to 1-800-851-0992 if you have any questions or concerns and we will be more then glad to assist you. Thank you and we appreciate your business.

The app works great. Its easy to keep track of everyone in the company. It only takes a few minutes

It's an on the go way for me to keep up with hours and clients

Pros

I like how there is an app that we can use and don't have to log online each time. It's nice to be able to keep clients on there from years back.

Cons

The app and the computer don't always sync and there are times that it takes forever to sync both of them. I don't like how it doesn't allow you to submit the same client over mulydays. Or to repeat a weekly client.

Response from eBillity

Replied July 2018

Thanks for the great review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy that Time Tracker has been a good fit for your company! We are excited to hear that you have been using our newly updated mobile apps! Regarding your syncing issue and the problem you are having with submitting for the same Client over multiple, I believe that these are problems that can both be solved very easily! To do get started on fixing these issues, please feel free to reach out to our support team at support@ebillity.com or call us at (800) 851-0992 for free support on this issue or anything else that you have questions about. -Alex from eBillity

Jeff from V8 Speed and Resto

Like going back in history to see previous job times.

Pros

The app is great easy to use. Like being able to go back and see previous times per job. Being able to pull up a job for a customer on a certain job description is great. Really helps with our estimates.

Cons

Wish the app had more options to choose from like the laptop version. Seems as if the app freezes up quite a bit where as the laptop version could be missing completely a customer that we have been soy with for a while. To remedy the problem you have to synchronize the program.

Response from eBillity

Replied July 2018

Hi Jeff! Thanks for the review! We really appreciate your feedback and are happy that Time Tracker has been a good fit for your company! We are always striving to improve our product. Would you be able to elaborate on some of the issues relating to the app so we can make your time tracking experience even better? -Alex from eBillity

Elizabeth from Marie Mattox Law Office

Works well but no technical support

Pros

This software is very user friendly and easy to learn. It keeps track of errors and the shortcut key features you can implement are a time saver.

Cons

When you have a problem it is hard to get help when something malfunctions. I had one bad experience and needed help but was unable to find the resource to help me which ended in me having to involve our outside tech team.

Response from eBillity

Replied July 2018

We greatly appreciate your review and feedback as this does help us on improving our product. We do apologize that you have had a bad experience with our support team as we try our very best to make sure we assist our customer the best way we can. Please feel free to contact our support line to 1-800-851-0992 in the future if you come across any issues and we will be more then glad to assist you. Thank you for your business and we look forward to speaking with you.

Perfect for Time and Expense Tracking

Pros

Our team uses Time Tracker on a daily basis and its been great so far, no major complaints. Expenses requests can be submitted for approval of higher-ups while on the road, which makes tracking so much easier and less time consuming. The layout and user interface are very basic, in a good way. All features are within reach and there is no significant learning curve as I am not the most technical person, and it did not take me long to learn the ins and outs of this tool.

Cons

No major complaints really. Perhaps more feature tutorials?

Response from eBillity

Replied September 2018

Greetings! Thank you for the great 9/10 review you left for us! We are glad Time Tracker is the right fit for you. If you ever have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to call us at 800-851-0992! Thanks again!

Theresa from Ramey & Schwaller

Might be good for a Litigation practice but for Intellectual Property practice choose something else

I am not happy with it. I've expressed my frustration with mgmt.

Pros

It has a website interface. There are options to download reports in pdf, csv and excel

Cons

I find it clunky and less than ideal. Poor web interface. I have to use Google Chrome to view the interface; if I use any other browser, it becomes a multiple line entry and because it only shows a week at a time, the entering field gets confusing. We are an IP practice firm and I touch as many as 200-400+ matters each month. Entering time for the day is not smooth. Some days may have as many as 40 +entries. But the only view interface is for the week? I only want to view day record - not week. Sometimes I only want to view one client, but the way our interface was set up, we have to input both the client matter as one stream. Sometimes I need to go back and search past narrative text and that is not easy to do unless I generate reports. While there are hotkeys for short term auto inserted information, I would really like a macro that would auto insert the entire "canned" narrative. I would like to have multiple timers open to capture the various cases I'm working on, instead I only am able to open one timer at a time. I have created a spreadsheet for me to keep track of my time and would like to upload the spreadsheet into the software program to assist our Accounting group with capturing my time, but this option is not available either.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 2,235 reviews