All Timely Reviews

Petya

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2018

THe good way to track your time.

I use it for my freelance projects, it is one of the best I have used the last years.

PROS

I like the software, it is easy to use and reliable. It keeps track of billable and unbillable hours, and is available for all platforms, which is very suitable, because I use different devices sometimes.

CONS

None encountered until now, the software is reliable as I said.

mandy

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2020

moving on

PROS

Easy and simple to use Good value......

CONS

The program didnt have enough functions for a gym/PT studio

Reason for choosing Timely

I went from Timely to Glofox that had more tools for PT studio

Bhagvan

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Timely review

Timely software is great. it needs improvement on web and mobile experience..

PROS

Timely has good features for time tracking , time sheets and attendance.

CONS

timely needs improvement on mobile and web channel experience.

Jennyffer

Translation and Localization, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2019

Timely is an essential tool for my translation business

PROS

Working as a freelance translator, I needed a tool to plan my daily schedule and I came across Timely. It's the best planning tool I've found so far. At a single glance, I can know if my schedule for the week/day is already full or if I can keep accepting new assignments. I also started tracking the time I spent on each of my projects, which allowed me to realise just how little time I spent actually working because ultimately my day was full of distractions. Timely has allowed me not only to keep track of my ongoing and future projects, but also to optimize my work time and it does so beautifully: it is very easy to use and visually appealing. There are tons of extra features that I don't use, such as automatic time tracking and project budgeting, but it's still perfect for what I need. Couldn't work without it!

CONS

Maybe, just maybe, it's a little "too large" for my needs, so to keep things minimal, a plan with just the basic features would be welcome.

Brianna D.

Higher Education, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2019

Timely helps organize my freelance time

Being in a full-time position where I track my time, I needed something different for my freelance projects. Timely solves that for me and gives me a solution where I can keep my day job and freelance separate.

PROS

I like planning my time toward multiple freelance by day and project, but love I can adjust time if things change. It really helps me keep track in all of the time and resources I put toward a project. I like the ability to pull reports, seeing how much time/money was planned vs. actually accrued.

CONS

There isn't anything that I least liked. I have used customer service once in my three years of using the service and it was pretty decent,

Olli

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Timely app

Timely has helped track timing of projects which has helped quote for new projects. From scheduling and pricing jobs it has be a pleasure using it and has become a key tool for us to use each and every day. Great interface that works great on mobile - on the go and always easy to reference any data or information you require.

PROS

Great interface and ease of use, it has become a really key tool for us for time tracking and scheduling work from start to finish.

CONS

Not many, all I would say now and again updates are released I would just like to see more quicker!

Ella

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2019

Automate your timesheets with Timely

PROS

The AI memory feature of Timely is the most awesomest time tracking feature for any consultant who hates timesheeting. It tracks what you do on your computer, your appointments in Google Calendar and your location, so you can fill out your timesheets in a heartbeat. Also the customer service is great! Overall great value for your money.

CONS

It's very hard to come up with something.

ALLY

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Timely a great tool for time tracking and project management

We can now manage our every projects remotely using Timely as it is cloud based and can be used on all devices

PROS

Timely is a great tool to manage time and increase profitability on a project, it is a well recommended tool for project managers. We are using this tool to manage our various offshore projects. The feature set is so good that we are really happy as we get all the needy features like time tracking, profit/loss tracking, task assigning etc. Timely is a great platform to manage a project in all aspects. We are really happy with their service too.

CONS

The only problem that I see is with the pricing plans, please try to make it more advanced so as to keep with the new trends.

Mariedglys

Reviewed July 2018

Very useful both for business management and personal activities.

Organization in my tasks, time of resolution

PROS

It is very useful and easy to use. Help to organize yourself in your tasks and meet your objectives and can be used both at work and personally

CONS

Its price and the errors that it sometimes emits during its use, is one of its greatest difficulties. The rest is very useful for what I recommend

Perry

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Great Scheduler

PROS

I first was turned on to Timely by a client using it, and it seemed easy and very functional. Now i use it every day to track my time, send it to my billing program, and track others who work for me. Very simple program that does exactly what you need it to do.

CONS

Customer support is not always as fast or on the ball as they should be. they are sometimes hard to get through to. There are some customer fields and more customer information I would like to capture, more like a very simple CRM.

Angelica

Pharmaceuticals, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Enhance Productivity and Efficiency with Timely

Timely helped me efficiently manage my time as an intern in the pharmaceutical product development and research department. I was able to precisely track the time spent on various jobs and projects thanks to the software's automatic time tracking feature. I was able to study my productivity trends as a result and better manage my time. I was able to spot areas for improvement and properly prioritize chores thanks to Timely's graphic reports, which gave me insightful information about my workflow. Overall, Timely dramatically improved my ability to manage my time, allowing me to concentrate on important research and development tasks.

PROS

Timely provides customers with a variety of strong features that aid in time management optimization. With no need for human entry, the software's automatic time tracking correctly records the time spent on various tasks and projects. Users may detect productivity bottlenecks and take well-informed decisions thanks to Timely's user-friendly interface and visually appealing reports, which offer useful insights into productivity patterns. By taking into account their current obligations and workload, the intelligent scheduling feature assists users in making smart time management decisions. Timely's connection with well-known productivity programs like Google Calendar and Trello guarantees smooth platform coordination. In general, Timely makes time management simpler, increases productivity, and offers useful information for analysis and improvement.

CONS

Timely has a pricing issue that may be costly for solo individuals or small teams on a tight budget. Although the automatic time monitoring option is useful, some users might find their privacy at risk. To fully exploit Timely's capabilities and tailor settings to individual preferences, some initial adjusting may be necessary due to the learning curve. Despite the fact that the software offers insightful data, some customers could yearn for more sophisticated analytics capabilities for in-depth reporting and data analysis.

Elizabeth

Program Development, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2019

Perfect for entrepreneurs

Timely has provided me with a simple and professional tool for tracking time that is cost effective and efficient. I don't need to spend a lot of time preparing back up for invoices because Timely produces a professional report that is flexible enough to be adapted to the needs of each client. It saves me so much time and is a great value for the money.

PROS

Timely is so easy to use and very intuitive. It is so simple to set up new clients and projects and the connection to my calendar is great. My favorite feature is the reporting function that creates professional looking billing summaries that support invoicing. (I continue to use the old reporting format as that works best for me). One unexpected benefit is how much it has helped me track how I'm using my time. Having the dashboard visual that shows how my hours have been allocated and when has been very helpful for time management.

CONS

It's so minor but the range in colors for projects is pretty limited.

Brian

Management Consulting, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2017

Really loving Timely on all of my Apple devices

I've been a Timely user for a couple of years now, and the product has matured nicely. It has loads of features to help me keep track of work I'm doing for different clients, and the reporting feature makes end-of-month invoicing pretty painless. I use Timely on my iPhone, iPad and MacBook, and everything transfers from one device to the other seamlessly. A great product! I highly recommend it!

PROS

Extremely easy to use across different devices. Customer support is great on the few times I've needed it.

CONS

I don't dislike anything. The company is good about bringing out new features, which I appreciate. Keep evolving the product!

Jim

Animation, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2017

An all round great product thats really helped my admin and billing.

I have been using Timely for years now, and its completely transformed my billing and process. When I first started to use it, i was a freelancer, so found it extremely useful to log the precise timings of the varied jobs I had to work on throughout a day. Now I look after a team and spend much more time on Skype and in email and such, which is harder to bill. However with the introduction of the new day planner and connected apps, I plugged in Rescuetime and Trello. Now and a don't miss a single task during the day. Timely is the first app I open in the morning. Great work guys. Keep it up!

Waqar

Management Consulting, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2017

This helps me keep track of all my hours at different rates for all my contracts

Ease of billing my clients accurately, hours of work and what was done for each period.

PROS

Organizing hours by client, contract; exporting to excel; ease of use; able to use across ALL my devices; accessible from anywhere.

CONS

Filtering for specific contracts in the reporting environment is a little clunky - not easy to select just one contract as the window disappears and you have to reselect it to get in and pick the e-contract of interest.

Sissel

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2016

Makes logging time fun!

The most user-friendly time logging application I have ever used. So easy to toggle between projects. When a client calls, I have already switched logging before I answer the phone. The graphic user interface looks great, and it really makes logging time fun!

PROS

How easy it makes logging time and toggling between several projects every day. Great customer service too!

CONS

Some bugs at the moment, but we know you're fixing it. Still love Timely <3

Max

1 employee

Reviewed April 2017

Best time tracking app I've used

I've tried numerous apps to keep track of my projects and hours and Timely is by far the best app I've come across. It is superior in terms of both design, functionality, and communication/support. Recommend 10/10!

PROS

Design, functionality, speed with which new features are released

CONS

In the past I've had some issues with reliability (lost hours) but this seems to have been fixed over the last few months

Brandon