What are TINYpulse users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using TINYpulse software through verified user reviews

• icon"The data visualization of the results are great, too, and easy to share out."
  • icon"I also love that it has the cheers for peers option that allows you to give props and recognition to a co-worker. They layout is very clean and user friendly."
  • icon"My customer support person spends the time with me to know my company, our needs and what we'd like to get out of TINYpulse."
  • icon"Recent changes to their interface are hard to navigate and they've added a lot of features that they're forcing you to use. It can be more complex than it needs to be."
  • icon"The user interface can be confusing, especially as an admin."
  • icon"Without user engagement, the tool doesn't provide any value."

Browse all TINYpulse Reviews

• Have you used TINYpulse and would like to share your experience with others?

A software that keeps companies engaged with employees

Employees get more engaged and interested on proposing ideas to improve the company, we all love the opportunity to be heard.

Pros

For the company to listen to the employees needs and acting on them is a big deal, TINYpulse was implemented to engage with everyone who formed part of it. Each week a question that was of interest to all or most employees was sent out at the same time with an email blast and we had stipulated days to answer it and even add comments. When people started noticing positive changes on processes or even some as simple as the food in the cafeteria, they all started to participate more, we encouraged each other to answer and we kept track of the answers we had completed without missing a single week, it started becoming a fun competition.

Cons

I liked it all, honestly. Quite often we noticed the software was being worked on to be improved, that’s something you appreciate.

We use TINYpulse on a weekly basis to drive employee engagement and make sure all are heard.

TINYpulse will send out a random question to all employees each week and encourage responses. All responses and anonymous and are sent to the administrator (my boss) for review. We all like it because we can be 100% honest in our feedback and know that we are being heard. About once a month we will all gather to resolve any outstanding issues among the group.

Pros

Cons

I wish there was some kind of incentive to get employees to respond more. Sometimes we can go a couple weeks with only 2-3 responses out of a 25+ group, which is somewhat disappointing.

Madison

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Recognizing Employees and Receiving Feedback

Overall, TINYpulse does a good job of recognizing employees and collecting feedback for the organization. I hope in the future they will add more features such as integrations with other apps or a mobile platform.

Pros

I love the "cheers" section in TINYpulse. This allows employees to recognize one another for tasks they have accomplished and celebrate company achievements. The software also adds the ability to send out anonymous surveys to employees which is useful and lets employees know that their voice is heard.

Cons

Unfortunately TINYpulse does not allow RSS feeds or its site to be embedded within another. For this reason it can be difficult to access and hard to encourage team members to use it.

Some good features, but some of the questions it asks are dreadful!

A great concept, well implemented. Iron out the non-professional questions and you have a great product!

Pros

It's a great way to get the lowdown from your staff about how they are feeling at work. The monthly question of how happy are you at work is good to get an overview. Having "Cheers for Peers" is a great way to get your staff thanking each other and improving morale.

Cons

Some of the questions are quite frankly awful: "if your company was an animal what would it be?". Really guys? I know you're trying to be lighthearted, but these sort of question add no value. Keep it useful!

Response from TINYpulse

Thanks for the review, David! We've got some new questions coming next year with our new engagement framework! In the meantime, you can always skip questions that aren't a good fit - or remove them from your queue entirely. Read more here: https://docs.tinypulse.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004704133-Manage-Engage-pulses -Tyler Adams PR Specialist, TINYpulse tyler.adams@tinypulse.com

Replied November 2018

Kayla

TINYpulse gives employees a chance to share feedback

I have had a good experience as a user of TINYpulse, and I would recommend it to organizations trying to keep tabs on how employees are doing.

Pros

I like how it gives me a chance to make suggestions to our human resources team and track progress on achieving solutions to those suggestions. I was able to see my HR team post that thanks in part to my suggestion, they made a recruiting process change that would increase equity and fairness in hiring. Rarely can I say software is responsible for something like that!

Cons

I dislike how I thought I clicked a response to the TINYpulse question in the automated emails, and it brings me to the website where I have to click my response again. I also wish that I could turn off the reminder emails for features my team doesn't use.

Vera

TinyPulse easy to use

Pros

Very easy to use and recognize co-workers

Cons

unable to give out rewards to co workers

Erin

TinyPulse for the Win

This changed the culture of our business by helping our managers learn to respond to employee complaints with an open heart.

Pros

I loved how it gives an anonymity option. This makes employees comfortable when expressing displeasures with the company. I also loved that you got a "choice" when choosing a gift card.

Cons

If you lost your gift card or deleted it in an email, it was tough to retrieve it again.

Great tool for company engagement

It is a great tool to encourage and foster internal engagement. I would suggest a designating a couple of power users who are responsible for generating content, fostering communications, and responding to messages. Without the constant engagement, the tool becomes stale and nobody wants to use it.

Pros

Allows users to easily make suggestions, recognize co-workers for work they've done, post ideas for improvements and request feedback. When used by the entire organization, it can be a great tool for increasing company engagement and providing a forum for employees to engage with each other and the business at large. When submitting a suggestion, users can opt to share only with the site administrators so it isn't viewable by the entire organization. The "Wins" tab shows what ideas/suggestions are Under Consideration, In Progress, and done or, won. Provides a quick glimpse at how things are progessing.

Cons

Obviously only as good as your administration and roll-out of the tool. Without user engagement, the tool doesn't provide any value. I would like to see more searchable tags/topics to quickly find and vote for suggestions.

Great way to get honest feedback

I wish we still used it! I feel an open door policy is great, and this helps support that, as well as welcome honest and constructive feedback without the fear (real or imagined) of consequence.

Pros

Representatives were able to give honest feedback anonymously. It was also an amazing way for ideas to be heard. I provided several ideas on function and efficiency, and a few were actually implemented. I don't know if they would have been otherwise!

Cons

I believe the reason our organization stopped using TINYpulse was due to cost.

Great tool, but be prepared to put in what you want to get out

Pros

TinyPulse has been great for a number of things, but my favorite is the "cheers for peers" function. Our team has remote workers and it's been a great way to feel connected to them. TinyPulse has also been a great tool for collecting feedback beyond the basics of how staff feel about their jobs -- we've enjoyed using custom questions. The data visualization of the results are great, too, and easy to share out.

Cons

The user interface can be confusing, especially as an admin. Staff haven't always believed it's truly anonymous, too, so we've had to do some convincing.

Extremely valuable to check in with how staff are doing

Pros

Tinypulse is a powerful way to connect with staff to learn how they are doing. We use it to ask very serious questions as well as more fun questions. We share the data with staff to create transparency, which has had a huge impact on morale. It is 100% anonymous so staff are much more honest than they would typically be.

Cons

It isn't as interactive as we'd like it to be, especially with the Cheers feature - it could do more to help create community among staff.

Corrine

Fun Software

This software is fun and a great way to give feedback, both good and constructive. Sometimes I'm not sure if my feedback was submitted anonymously, so that makes me nervous.

Pros

I like that I can anonymously provide feedback to my employer, while also being able to send "Cheers for Peers!" to congratulate people who have done a good job.

Cons

Sometimes I can't find people I'm looking for to send "Cheers for Peers!" to by email address or name, so then I don't use the software as much as I'd like because I get frustrated.

Response from TINYpulse

Thanks for the review! We really appreciate the feedback. We want Cheers for Peers to be a snap to use, and we're sorry to read you're not finding the folks you want to recognize! I've sent this review to our product team - if you're available to speak to them, please get in touch (this message should include my email address). Edit: Also, all responses to survey questions are anonymous. We're completely committed to anonymity. Apologies for not including that in my first response! Tyler Adams Communications Specialist, TINYpulse

Replied January 2019

Mollie

TinyPulse is valuable tool for our management team to understand what is going on with the team.

Metrics about the team's happiness, metrics on specific survey questions, survey responses and feedback from employees, the opportunity for the team to "Cheers" each other.

Pros

We love the option to send "Cheers" or compliments to each other and the semi-monthly sruvey questions provide a ton of valuable information.

Cons

A great system for coaching and feedback!

Pros

TinyPulse makes it easy to create, monitor, and track progress on team members' individual goals. It also is a great platform for employees to share ideas, give each other feedback, or send compliments ("cheers") to anyone who really stepped up.

Cons

It used to not have customizable feedback solicitation, but does now, so you can create the questions you want and send to anyone to provide feedback, even anonymously.

Jenn

Great Tool for Employee Feedback

My company has been using TinyPulse for the last year or so. It has been a great tool for sharing feedback to our management team and has provided lots of opportunities for discussion over issues in our weekly staff meetings where we share all of the responses submitted to TinyPulse. I feel that the questions asked are very thoughtful and have often provided feedback that has benefited the culture in our office.

Pros

The ability to respond anonymously to questions. The ease of sharing results. Seeing comparisons between our company and the industry standard. Being able to send "Cheers" to co-workers.

Cons

I wish that the shareable links to the responses would expire after a week so that the responses wouldn't not remain accessible forever.

Jeff

Great way to voice opinion

I really like the idea of the software. It has made the company implement some changes already based on feedback.

Pros

I like that it allows me to voice my feedback to the company anonymously. I also love that it reminds me to answer the question of I haven't yet done it for the week.

Cons

I don't like that sometimes it doesn't allow me to "submit" my answer. I have to then start over and answer again.

Suzanne

Great Customer Insights

Our experience has improved with TINYpulse each year. I feel like I have a partner in employee engagement with them.

Pros

Cons

I'd like to be able to customize some of the features in TINYgiftcard and I'd like to see a some additional features added to help me pick weekly pulses.

Reasons for switching to TINYpulse

TINYpulse was every week vs. 1/year.

Andy

Fun for sending shout outs to users, but no rewards

Pros

the anonymous suggestion area was the best feautre

Cons

lack of rewards that we've seen available in other types of software

Spencer

Simple Data that leads to Great Results

We used this tool to help us get data about how our employees felt about our company and about their experience working at our company. The data we received was amazing. We could truly get a pulse for each department.

Pros

TINYpulse is so easy for employees to use. Giving feedback can at times seem time consuming and overwhelming. TINYpulse makes sharing your opinion easy and fun. Because it's easy to give feedback management receives great insights into how employees feel about the company. TINYpulse helps not only helps management get great feedback, but also allows management to show employees how their feedback is helping to shape the company.

Cons

Customer support was often hard to reach. Some of our employees complained that they felt like their feedback wasn't always confidential.

stephen

Excellent service and great for any company wishing to begin engagement surveys

Excellent, the level of service and professionalism was great

Pros

I fund the level of service t be excellent and we have referred the platform to many of our clients because of this.

Cons

The functionality is somewhat limited but that said, it is more than adequate for any organisation that wishes to begin measuring engagement

Reasons for choosing TINYpulse

Initially it was price and service quality

Whitney

Awesome Platform

My overall experience is positive. I've had no issues whatsoever.

Pros

This platform helps engage employees company wide. It's easy to use and navigate. Employees can feel at ease if they wish for their opinions to be communicated anonymously.

Cons

Nothing currently comes to mind. The system is self explanatory and easy to use. The dashboard is clean.

Sean

Industry: Mental Health Care

TINYPulse's Anonymous Feedback Loop Allows Greater Insight

TINYPulse has expanded our survey capabilities by adding anonymous responses and enabled an automated delivery of small surveys to reduce the administrative overhead to our managers. This is an excellent tool and we can see many benefits that will help increase our employee wellness and engagement at work.

Pros

Being able to dig deeper into a scored response and ask questions anonymously makes the data gathered in a survey more valuable and more actionable. With the small surveys we have seen great response and our employees feel very comfortable sharing comments because of the anonymity provided. The integration into our Microsoft Teams and ease of sharing reports has made it very easy to remain transparent.

Cons

The deployment and implementation support were excellent and it could be that we just didn't ask the right question but having training provided for the user experience would be beneficial to ensure our employees are able to take advantage of the great features like sending cheers to their coworkers and seeing the summary data for the survey responses in the web portal.

Answering questions for work

Pros

It is easy to respond to a TinyPulse questionnaire.

Cons

It doesn't really show the right responses. If you make a word cloud, sometimes the words "the" or "it" will show up in the middle rather than actual pressing words. It is important to weed out the filler words when looking at important trends in responses, which TinyPulse doesn't do.

Kaz

Time used: Free Trial

January 2016

I administer the pulse for our company

Easy to use, love the blogs and based on the little bit I have used customer support, very helpful and responsive. My challenge is getting more members of our small team using Tinypulse. We are a small group, and some weeks there is little participation. Love the Cheers feature, a great way to publicly recognize our team members. Would love the option of being able to engage someone who doesn't leave a comment but leaves a poor score (ie: they rate their happiness at work low, but don't leave a comment, so I am unable to start a conversation with them). Again, becuase we are a small team, it leaves people wondering "who left such a crappy score? who is unhappy?" - which can be a challenge to manage.

Raj

Real time people engagement made easy

Tinypulse is a great way to reach out to your people, particularly in larger organisations to understand how levels of engagement vary within and across different teams. The tool can help provide insights, and then its up to HR leads and managers to act on improvements and ensure what's great and valued is retained.

Pros

Giving and receiving feedback is healthy. Tinypulse promotes real time, regular feedback in a way that's easy and safe. Staff responses can be anonymous to encourage the whole team to participate.

Cons

After a while we noticed that the level of feedback dropped off. Staff engaged more at the start and less as time went by. Also there is a risk that the platform can be used as a rant, rather than individuals owning the suggestions for improvement and change and acting in person rather than through the tool. With this in mind, one needs to think about how the tool is used and how feedback is acted on.

TINYpulse