What are TriNet users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using TriNet software through verified user reviews

• icon"I really liked the personal service TriNet used to provide. However, they have changed their Customer Service model to more of a call center instead of having two people assigned to each client."
  • icon"I love that TriNet just takes care of everything for you, they really are a full featured offering that has everything you need for HR/Payroll and benefits."
  • icon"I just recently started using Trinet for our benefits and payroll provider. As an employee, it's a very easy process to get started adding direct deposit, declaring benefits, documents, etc."
  • icon"I would suggest adding a feature of when payroll is processed on the employee dashboard to avoid this."
  • icon"They refused to confirm my employment via phone because it was against their policy."
  • icon"They did upgrade some of the web software but there are still places where you click and find yourself in the old horrible software that is klunky and difficult to use."

Browse all TriNet Reviews

• Have you used TriNet and would like to share your experience with others?

Calvin

One stop shop for most things HR

Highly positive. There is some variability when it comes to customer service, some reps are either new or not as good as others, and some TriNet people are outstanding beyond belief.

Pros

The sheer variety of options and capabilities is excellent. Very good insurance options offered throughout the country.

Cons

Trinet tends to offer large company benefits, which is great, however, some of the competing providers are offering more tailored benefits typically seen in startup companies. It's only a minor issue.

Reasons for choosing TriNet

As a startup company with multi state HR requirements, we have to offer highly competitive employment packages that be on the level with larger companies. Trinet lets us do that without invoking the monstrous bureaucracy of dozens of individual benefits contracts with many providers and brokers. I've been there, and it's not a happy place. Trinet just takes care of what's needed.

Reasons for switching to TriNet

Trinet may not have offered the cheapest options, but, it had more capabilities in house, and it's actively growing capabilities and features in areas of interest to us.

Phil

Great PEO and outsourced HR solution for small businesses

Overall, we've had a good experience with TriNet. The "outsourced HR" platform TriNet offers is the right decision for our small business so we don't have to invest in internal HR personnel.

Pros

TriNet helps us manage payroll, talent acquisition and retention, support for our employees, access to "big company" benefits and helps our management team with proactive risk mitigation and data compliance.

Cons

TriNet is expensive and the support we received for our company 401(k) plan was not good.

Reasons for choosing TriNet

More features and overall value than the competition.

Reasons for switching to TriNet

More overall features and value than our previous provider despite the increase in cost.

Very User Friendly

Pros

TriNet is incredibly helpful for viewing and downloading my bi-weekly paychecks, accessing my retirement plan portal, submitting expense reports, viewing my health benefits, and tracking time off all in one place. I especially appreciate the "Estimate Balance" feature on the Time Off page, which allows you to view the exact date at which you will hit your earned PTO cap. This has enabled me to always make sure I take off time before I hit my cap, and avoid losing out on well-earned PTO. The TriNet mobile app also gives you access to most, if not all, of the same features that the web browser version offers, so you can check any work-related details you might need to on the go.

Cons

There is honestly nothing I dislike about TriNet. Our company had no cohesive, one stop shop for all of the services TriNet provides until we switched to TriNet, so it solved all of our problems with one software.

Margaret

December 2021

Best benefits

Takes 3+ days to get a response to any issues so timely resolution to anything is not possible.

Pros

Trinet provides small companies the most options for benefits that we would not have access to otherwise. The benefit pricing is excellent also.

Cons

The rest of the software feels archaic and the customer service model revamp is a disaster.

Sandra

Worst PEO_ Run!

Worst experience of my life, almost could not get the 1st payroll done with them due to glitches, sales people ignore you once they sell the product (selling a product they did not have, this system does NOT job cost)

Pros

The people who work at this company are nice, but the systems they make you use are terrible. They changed the format, sent out two new beta versions, made us the guinea pigs. The programmers create reports that are useless, was told initially they could job cost, they cannot. They lied.

Cons

Everything, not user friendly, terrible reports, very time consuming to enter payroll as you have to use the mouse and keypad. TSheets had to create a custom report for TriNet (their programmers did not know how) to upload hours from TSheets to TriNet, TSheets had to do this FOR TriNet....

Reasons for switching to TriNet

We needed a medical benefit plan and this was our only option, thank goodness we now have our own plan and are back with Quickbooks.

March 2022

Full featured suite for payroll and employee management

Its was comparatively easy to setup and once its all up and running it's really easy to manage moving forward.

Pros

Cons

It's a little cumbersome to use, their integrations are very obviously just tacked on as an afterthought.

Cost, features, support.

Beno

Amazing solution but not as good as ADP

The overall experience has been good, but when comparing to using ADP, ADP takes the cake by a mile.

Pros

The best part about Tri Net is customer support. They have the best customer service representatives that are not only knowledgeable but super friendly. The solution itself is easy to use, but the app interface can be better. The app interface needs some work, they don't even come close to ADP, but still, get the job done.

Cons

I don't like their app or online interface. It is not user-friendly and you have to really look at where you are clicking or you have to start all over again from the main hub.

Kanad

Company provided HR management tool

Pros

Its UI is intuitive. All the tabs related to payment, benefits, etc are organized well.

Cons

Not much to dislike. It has all the features required for an average employee. It's not essential software for an average employee to perform his/her job duties but it's necessary for HR-related tasks and the HR teams love it.

Brittany

February 2022

Two time TriNet User

Besides the confirming issue, as an end user I genuinely liked TriNet. However, I've had to employers that used them and both switched out from using them because of pricing.

Pros

TriNet has the best user facing website. It is so easy to navigate, it's fun, it's bright, everything is straight forward. They write their explanations in layman terms, they are thorough and they break it down for those that don't understand what they are reading or looking at.

Cons

They refused to confirm my employment via phone because it was against their policy. It delayed my mortgage. They need to change their policy because it was really not right. They do an automatic PDF of confirming employment but anyone can forge a PDF so most banks don't take it. It was really frustrating not getting someone on the phone and it costs me money for the delay.

Lynn

Valuable HR & Payroll Partner

Overall we're very satisfied with TriNet - from the benefits offered to the functionality of the portal and the webinars provided to educate our staff on best practices.

Pros

Communication has been superb. TriNet has created a modern platform that helps us get answers quickly both for admins and the employees. The portal is easy to use and functionality meets our needs.

Cons

Cost is a little high - they are not a low cost provider but the service has been great.

Anna

Reporting

Pros

It was easy to manipulate report for needed data. You can run reports for each employee to review overall benefits in PDF that includes graphs and monetary information - great visual tool!

Cons

We had to have our time and labor piece outsourced.

Celexsy

Best HR platform I've had

I have had a wonderful experience with TriNet as an employee. Having worked for small to extremely large organizations, I have to say I wish more large organizations used it.

Pros

I signed on with a new company and they were proud to say they used Trinet. I didn't think much of it, but once I started using it, not only was it super user friendly, but the real people behind chat are EXTREMELY competent and easy to work with. I have used the chat function many times to address issues and always had them resolved on the first try.

Cons

No real cons. Everything is easy to use and very simple. I don't like that I couldn't find some of the benefits information easily - like pricing when you go to sign up is not published anywhere until you go through the sign up process.

Mimi

February 2022

Easy to Navigate

Pros

TrinNet makes it easy to manage payroll documents, benefits and 401ks. The platform is easy to use and straight forward.

Cons

The marketplace could include better offers for users.

Stefan

Industry: Semiconductors

A great choice PEO if you have the $$$

TriNet served it's purpose for our company while we needed the support. I would recommend them to any new starter company who needs support across multiple features (Payroll, PTO, Expense and Applicant Tracking, Benefits, etc) but as soon as you hit a certain number of employees you will want to manage some of those features yourself due to cost.

Pros

User-friendly and easy enough to navigate.

Cons

It was obvious in the user experience that TriNet had acquired other companies/features in their effort to provide features to their customers. The training and expense tracking would redirect to a separate interface with a separate look/experience.

Alex

Love This Platform!

Pros

Tri-net makes it easy to get any information related to my benefits with my employer at anytime. They even have a mobile app so I can get info. on the go.

Cons

There are no drawback that I encountered in my 7 years using this software. Any time I had an issue, Tri-Net came out with a fix.

Corporate Action

Sally

Product is not bad; customer service is pretty bad

Overall, TriNet is a pretty good product, and it really takes the burden off a small startup employer who wants to attract and retain talent with high-level benefits plans. It's great that the payroll runs automatically unless there are changes, and the employee self-service registration works well. Customer service is definitely their weakness, and they have a lot of room for improvement there.

Pros

I like the interface for the product; from an administrator's perspective it's fairly easy to use with no training. The payroll invoice and payroll register are very clear and easy to use. I love that once you enter an employee's basic information, the employee logs into the portal and registers for benefits, etc.; so the administrator's work is lightened extensively. The product is really good for small startups who otherwise would not have a lot of resources for HR, Onboarding, Payroll, nor access to large-group benefits plans at large-group rates.

Cons

I think the reporting functionality lacks a lot of basic reports. I do not like how the I-9 process works. I like that there is online chat for support; however, it's not always effective at solving my problem or answering my question, and the support representatives frequently seem irritated to answer questions, etc.

Bonnie

Excellent for Outsourcing

Pros

I really liked that the implementation was extremely easy. Everyone was very helpful and the sales team stayed in contact to make sure everything was done correctly

Cons

This is was an expensive tool. We were utilizing it to cut the cost of our healthcare which is did help with but I couldn't imagine pitching the added cost to a company that didn't have that problem.

Andy

Quite possibly the worst company we work with

My experience has been horrendous. I don't have enough time to list them all but here are the highlights: (1) They have made several serious mistakes in payroll that caused my and my team countless lost hours. (2) They no longer have a personal rep who knows your account, you now have to go through "Connect 360." I was just in a chat session and the rep said "hold on, while I research your issue" and then the chat timed out because of no activity. No one followed up with me. Now I have to start all over with someone else who has no idea what they're talking about. Have you ever worked with Comcast before? Do you love their support? Well, now you can get the same robotic and ill informed support from TriNet. I could go on. We are in the process of moving away from TriNet as quickly as we can.

Pros

I have found nothing that I like about TriNet.

Cons

When I was "sold" on using TriNet I wasn't told that their technology was some of the worst I had seen. They did upgrade some of the web software but there are still places where you click and find yourself in the old horrible software that is klunky and difficult to use.

Response from TriNet Group

Hi Alan, we received your message and confirmed that a member of our team has reached out to you.

Replied February 2021

Disappointed in Changes

I used to really like TriNet and the personal service they delivered. However, they have changed their customer service model, and we are not happy with the changes they have made.

Pros

Cons

I really do not like the new Connect 360 they have recently adopted. I also find working with their reporting module somewhat challenging

Usman

Everything in one place

Overall I was happy with Trinet. The main thing was that everything was accessible through the single dashboard which makes all the difference.

Pros

I liked that all employee benefits were under the trinet system. I have used other systems where health stuff may be viewed from one dashboard but let's say you want to look at your commuter benefits, that may be in another system from some other company. Trinet had everything under a single website/dashboard and I only needed to remember that one login.

Cons

The UI could be made better. It definitely has aa learning curve and seems very corporate and slow. It also reminds you a lot of HR.

Garret

Industry: Veterinary

Expensive for the Lack of Service

Pros

I like the concept of a PEO, especially for our company that has employees in several states.

Cons

The support team is less than helpful. Questions receive links to knowledge base instead of having a personal relationship with anyone at TriNet. Upon a termination of an employee we were given bad instructions which cost us $1400 in exit costs. The fees to process are expensive compared to Gusto or other similar providers. The technology platform to understand the different health options is not great. Not intuitive and no one available to help you decipher any of the information. Save yourself a headache and a pile of cash by using a different PEO.

Brittany

Not too bad

cost for one. they are not as expensive as other software companies.

Pros

I had never heard of Trinet before using it. However, once I did it blew my mind. It was easy to use. Contained all features and services needed for an HR and Payroll system.

Cons

The interface could be a little bit updated. Other than that the product was great and worked for what we needed it for.

Anthony

Industry: Information Services

Had high expectations from the sale and they completely failed to deliver

Horrible Lack of integration capabilities manual process lack of automation

Pros

The fact that they would handle payroll tax filings and the ability to help offer diverse benefits

Cons

Their team does not back up what their sales people pitch at all what so ever!

Reasons for choosing TriNet

They checked all the boxes during the sales pitch but then later we found out it was way more particular with some of the capabilities and found out it was going to be a lot more manual work than what was expected.

Reasons for switching to TriNet

We needed a PEO to help file/manage payroll items

A good tool for HR designed for small companies

Pros

Easy to use, you can access all your HR documents in a few clicks.

Cons

The PTO tab is a bit hard to understand, it could be improved.

Matthias

Straightforward and easy to use

Simply put, our company is using TriNet to provide HR functionality until we grow to a point where we can hire an HR department. TriNet's efficiency and ease of use has enabled our firm to effectively allocate scarce resources.

Pros

Since I work for a start-up, we employed a third-party HR system, such as Trinet. TriNet made the onboarding process incredibly easy in terms of selecting benefits, implementing direct deposit, etc. I've used a variety of such systems in my career, and TriNet was by far, the easiest to use. Specifically, Trinet provides a "cost calculator" when you're asked to choose contribution levels for disability, insurance, etc; the calculator was invaluable in making informed decisions.

Cons

I honestly have no cons. Trust me, I usually have something critical to add about any product, but not in this case.

TriNet