• Pros

• "I really liked that the implementation was extremely easy. Everyone was very helpful and the sales team stayed in contact to make sure everything was done correctly"

• "The sheer variety of options and capabilities is excellent. Very good insurance options offered throughout the country. "

• "Tri-net makes it easy to get any information related to my benefits with my employer at anytime. They even have a mobile app so I can get info. on the go. "

• Cons

• "The UI could be made better. It definitely has aa learning curve and seems very corporate and slow. It also reminds you a lot of HR."

• "There are no drawback that I encountered in my 7 years using this software. Any time I had an issue, Tri-Net came out with a fix. "

• "Their team does not back up what their sales people pitch at all what so ever!"

Browse TriNet Reviews

Calvin from Chip Scan, Inc.

One stop shop for most things HR

Highly positive. There is some variability when it comes to customer service, some reps are either new or not as good as others, and some TriNet people are outstanding beyond belief.

Pros

Cons

Trinet tends to offer large company benefits, which is great, however, some of the competing providers are offering more tailored benefits typically seen in startup companies. It's only a minor issue.

Reasons for Choosing TriNet

As a startup company with multi state HR requirements, we have to offer highly competitive employment packages that be on the level with larger companies. Trinet lets us do that without invoking the monstrous bureaucracy of dozens of individual benefits contracts with many providers and brokers. I've been there, and it's not a happy place. Trinet just takes care of what's needed.

Reasons for Switching to TriNet

Trinet may not have offered the cheapest options, but, it had more capabilities in house, and it's actively growing capabilities and features in areas of interest to us.

Phil from PrograMetrix

TriNet is a leading PEO for small to medium businesses

We've had a great experience with TriNet and will continue to use the platform. It's very easy to get a member of TriNet's support team on the phone (within a minute) if we need assistance. That seems to be impossible to do these days, but TriNet offers great support on top of a market leading platform.

Pros

TriNet offers a great end-to-end platform to operate our Human Resources. We also love TriNet's customer service.

Cons

There are a lot of features with the product, so the onboarding time and learning curve takes time.

Reasons for Switching to TriNet

TriNet offers more features than just payroll and benefits management.

Sandra from GCA Concrete Design, LLC

Worst PEO_ Run!

Worst experience of my life, almost could not get the 1st payroll done with them due to glitches, sales people ignore you once they sell the product (selling a product they did not have, this system does NOT job cost)

Pros

The people who work at this company are nice, but the systems they make you use are terrible. They changed the format, sent out two new beta versions, made us the guinea pigs. The programmers create reports that are useless, was told initially they could job cost, they cannot. They lied.

Cons

Everything, not user friendly, terrible reports, very time consuming to enter payroll as you have to use the mouse and keypad. TSheets had to create a custom report for TriNet (their programmers did not know how) to upload hours from TSheets to TriNet, TSheets had to do this FOR TriNet....

Reasons for Switching to TriNet

We needed a medical benefit plan and this was our only option, thank goodness we now have our own plan and are back with Quickbooks.

Sally from TAI Technologies

Product is not bad; customer service is pretty bad

Overall, TriNet is a pretty good product, and it really takes the burden off a small startup employer who wants to attract and retain talent with high-level benefits plans. It's great that the payroll runs automatically unless there are changes, and the employee self-service registration works well. Customer service is definitely their weakness, and they have a lot of room for improvement there.

Pros

I like the interface for the product; from an administrator's perspective it's fairly easy to use with no training. The payroll invoice and payroll register are very clear and easy to use. I love that once you enter an employee's basic information, the employee logs into the portal and registers for benefits, etc.; so the administrator's work is lightened extensively. The product is really good for small startups who otherwise would not have a lot of resources for HR, Onboarding, Payroll, nor access to large-group benefits plans at large-group rates.

Cons

I think the reporting functionality lacks a lot of basic reports. I do not like how the I-9 process works. I like that there is online chat for support; however, it's not always effective at solving my problem or answering my question, and the support representatives frequently seem irritated to answer questions, etc.

Alex from Beacon Pointe Advisors

Love This Platform!

Corporate Action

Andy from The Receptionist

Quite possibly the worst company we work with

My experience has been horrendous. I don't have enough time to list them all but here are the highlights: (1) They have made several serious mistakes in payroll that caused my and my team countless lost hours. (2) They no longer have a personal rep who knows your account, you now have to go through "Connect 360." I was just in a chat session and the rep said "hold on, while I research your issue" and then the chat timed out because of no activity. No one followed up with me. Now I have to start all over with someone else who has no idea what they're talking about. Have you ever worked with Comcast before? Do you love their support? Well, now you can get the same robotic and ill informed support from TriNet. I could go on. We are in the process of moving away from TriNet as quickly as we can.

Pros

I have found nothing that I like about TriNet.

Cons

When I was "sold" on using TriNet I wasn't told that their technology was some of the worst I had seen. They did upgrade some of the web software but there are still places where you click and find yourself in the old horrible software that is klunky and difficult to use.

Response from TriNet Group

Replied February 2021

Hi Alan, we received your message and confirmed that a member of our team has reached out to you.

Beno from Viking Cruises

Amazing solution but not as good as ADP

The overall experience has been good, but when comparing to using ADP, ADP takes the cake by a mile.

Pros

The best part about Tri Net is customer support. They have the best customer service representatives that are not only knowledgeable but super friendly. The solution itself is easy to use, but the app interface can be better. The app interface needs some work, they don't even come close to ADP, but still, get the job done.

Cons

I don't like their app or online interface. It is not user-friendly and you have to really look at where you are clicking or you have to start all over again from the main hub.

Usman from Elo Touch

Everything in one place

Overall I was happy with Trinet. The main thing was that everything was accessible through the single dashboard which makes all the difference.

Pros

I liked that all employee benefits were under the trinet system. I have used other systems where health stuff may be viewed from one dashboard but let's say you want to look at your commuter benefits, that may be in another system from some other company. Trinet had everything under a single website/dashboard and I only needed to remember that one login.

Celexsy from Retail

Best HR platform I've had

I have had a wonderful experience with TriNet as an employee. Having worked for small to extremely large organizations, I have to say I wish more large organizations used it.

Pros

I signed on with a new company and they were proud to say they used Trinet. I didn't think much of it, but once I started using it, not only was it super user friendly, but the real people behind chat are EXTREMELY competent and easy to work with. I have used the chat function many times to address issues and always had them resolved on the first try.

Cons

No real cons. Everything is easy to use and very simple. I don't like that I couldn't find some of the benefits information easily - like pricing when you go to sign up is not published anywhere until you go through the sign up process.

Sundem from Bigfoot Biomedical

Industry: Medical Devices

Active User of TriNet App software

Pros

All of our employee benefits and payroll ran through TriNet. The software was easy to use and you could quickly find the information you needed when you needed it such as when you are standing at the reception desk at the Dentist office.

Cons

I had to guess a few time on which menu option to go to for different needs. Example, is my FSA account under health insurance icon or a different one.

Bonnie from BlueSky Resource Solutions

Excellent for Outsourcing

Pros

Cons

This is was an expensive tool. We were utilizing it to cut the cost of our healthcare which is did help with but I couldn't imagine pitching the added cost to a company that didn't have that problem.

Garret from PawLoyalty Software Inc.

Industry: Veterinary

Expensive for the Lack of Service

Pros

I like the concept of a PEO, especially for our company that has employees in several states.

Cons

The support team is less than helpful. Questions receive links to knowledge base instead of having a personal relationship with anyone at TriNet. Upon a termination of an employee we were given bad instructions which cost us $1400 in exit costs. The fees to process are expensive compared to Gusto or other similar providers. The technology platform to understand the different health options is not great. Not intuitive and no one available to help you decipher any of the information. Save yourself a headache and a pile of cash by using a different PEO.

Brittany from Automotive Industry

Not too bad

cost for one. they are not as expensive as other software companies.

Pros

I had never heard of Trinet before using it. However, once I did it blew my mind. It was easy to use. Contained all features and services needed for an HR and Payroll system.

Cons

The interface could be a little bit updated. Other than that the product was great and worked for what we needed it for.

Anthony from Information Services

Industry: Information Services

Had high expectations from the sale and they completely failed to deliver

Horrible Lack of integration capabilities manual process lack of automation

Pros

The fact that they would handle payroll tax filings and the ability to help offer diverse benefits

Cons

Their team does not back up what their sales people pitch at all what so ever!

Reasons for Choosing TriNet

They checked all the boxes during the sales pitch but then later we found out it was way more particular with some of the capabilities and found out it was going to be a lot more manual work than what was expected.

Reasons for Switching to TriNet

We needed a PEO to help file/manage payroll items

Matthias from NS8

Straightforward and easy to use

Simply put, our company is using TriNet to provide HR functionality until we grow to a point where we can hire an HR department. TriNet's efficiency and ease of use has enabled our firm to effectively allocate scarce resources.

Pros

Since I work for a start-up, we employed a third-party HR system, such as Trinet. TriNet made the onboarding process incredibly easy in terms of selecting benefits, implementing direct deposit, etc. I've used a variety of such systems in my career, and TriNet was by far, the easiest to use. Specifically, Trinet provides a "cost calculator" when you're asked to choose contribution levels for disability, insurance, etc; the calculator was invaluable in making informed decisions.

Cons

I honestly have no cons. Trust me, I usually have something critical to add about any product, but not in this case.

Great for smaller organizations

Pros

Very easy to set-up, use and administer.

Cons

It becomes fairly expensive as your organization grows.

Juliette from Andbox

Smoke and mirros

Don't waste your time.

Pros

Their front end is built to copy market leaders like Justworks, meanwhile the backend is a legacy behemoth.

Cons

Major bugs and engineering issues - don't let them tell you otherwise.

I got rid of it.

Lina from opengate capital

Good HR Software

Overall it was good customer service got back to me and we fixed the issue, and the healthcare/budgeting aspect is useful.

Pros

I like how easily I can manage things on here-how much goes into which account and budgeting, as well as my health insurance.

Cons

Unfortunately there is nothing to say when you can last edit accounts for banking purposes before direct deposit hits and I was in a situation where the money took time to be returned to TriNet and part of my deposit could not come through for a few days. I would suggest adding a feature of when payroll is processed on the employee dashboard to avoid this.

Awesome dashboard for all your HR information

Overall, this saves HR reps from employees asking questions constantly since you can look it up yourself.

Pros

I really like that I can see everything in a central place from our employee handbook to my health benefits and upcoming pay dates.

Cons

It can be confusing to figure out where certain information may be located but it's typically there somewhere :)

Bingru from Smart Vision Labs

Good HR solution

Pros

Easy of use, offers mobile app, notifications in time, great features, all in one platform, worth of value.

Cons

The software is kind of out of date, needs some upgrade, but in general, still easy to browse and everything.

Nick from Jopwell

Service misses the mark

Overall, not great. I didn't like the platform that much. While customer service was responsive, I often didn't feel heard. I was given stock responses rather than a thought partner. They failed to deliver on specific requests multiple times. I had to ask to change my payroll service agent because he did not know the law or the platform well

Pros

There wasn't anything I particularly liked about the product.

Cons

It was clunky. Not easy to navigate. Not very intuitive. Reporting left a lot to be desired.