UltiPro Reviews

4.07 / 5 (907) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 37 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "I love Ultipro! We have used this product for the last 3 years. It is a great tool for our staff. It is extremely easy to use and it has excellent customer support. "

• "I really like the system. It has been a great move for us. I like all the functionality that we have with this product"

• "I like that it's easy to navigate most areas. I can save my favorite links and easily get to where I need."

• Cons

• "The App could use a little work, as it is not as easy to use as the desktop version, but overall still a great product."

• "Back office is a little bit clunky to use when first learning, but after getting used to it, it's not an issue."

• "When requesting PTO for partial hours of a full 8hr day, it's a little confusing, but once I learned how to do it it was easy. Figuring this out took a little time. "

Browse UltiPro Reviews

Ashley from Medifast, Inc.

What's not to love here?

I've been using UltiPro for nearly 8 years now and the service is amazing. I love the people and the tenure is long at this company. I like working with the same folks sometimes as we develop a friendship. They are open to feedback and are responsive and I really like how they take their time to help you understand your request is being met.

Pros

I like the ease of use of the tool. It's user friendly and there's so much you can do in the software. UltiPro is always finding new ways of making their tool better and I love that part.

Cons

What do I like least about this is that there's not an assigned payroll specialist to a company.. Even if the option is to pay extra per year to have one. If we have a payroll person who needs help or they resign and we are left payroll person-less, it would be nice to have a designated person to assist... Only other thing I didn't like the most is that the Performance Management module isn't as customizable as I'd like... would love the option to make all items editable and the option to remove/hide certain drop downs, etc..

Megan from Streck

Industry: Medical Devices

If you need a new HRIS system, UltiPro should be on your list!

We have been really happy with our experience with UltiPro. We are going on 3 years now and still are improving our processes as they continue to upgrade and make good improvements to their software. We appreciate working with our salesman, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] still even though he doesn't need to be part of the team he still stays in contact! The system is easy to use for all levels at the company and are pleased with the products they offer.

Pros

There are a few good things I like about UltiPro. I like their reporting system and having a wide-range of reports available by a click and no need to recreate a new report. They also offer reports you never thought you would use, but after using it is a great tool and resource to have! The online customer success portal is a nice feature to help you find the answer you are looking for, but also having an option to create a case and have a representative look into your question and contact you via phone or email to resolve. The app is getting better and better and our employees utilize the app the most to have their information at their fingertips. It is difficult to break something in the software, but they offer a "sandbox" where you can test out the system or different products to test it out. They also offer a lot of workflow processes to where you set up the approvals for each item or activity that is changed on an employee profile or can set it up with no approvals and changes automatically.

Cons

We are not big fans of the Learning Management Module they offer with their system. It is a 3rd party site and doesn't incorporate well with the Core side of the system. However it does work and is an option to stay within the UltiPro system. Just takes a little adjustment to get used to and work with other parties to import content.

Reasons for Choosing UltiPro

Had all the bells and whistles we were looking for, all products in one that we needed and a good customer sales experience.

Nicole from Stikeman Elliott

Terrible product

Poor experience. Implementation team isn’t great or knowledgeable about the proxy or HR processes, which means they can’t effectively help you get the most out of the tool. Once launched, you’ll encounter many issues and glitches and the service team provides slow responses and doesn’t always resolve things. Beyond that, the system is clunky to use and will likely slow down your HR processes and make it difficult to extra meaningful data from the system because reporting is not robust. Overall, very poor experience.

Pros

If you have limited budget and not many online processes in HR, on the surface, Ultimate may have a number of features that will help you transition from paper processes to online. There are many simple features for recruiting, payroll, core hr, training and more.

Cons

Seems to grow by bolt-on and acquisition, which means data sharing between modules isn’t seamless and features and functionality aren’t well built out. For example, the recruitment module is clunky and difficult to use - very outdated compared to other applicant tracking systems on the market. You would be better off using an external applicant tracking system that had better functionality, than to use Ultimate. Same thing for time and attendance - the user functionality and interface isn’t at all intuitive or friendly. That product looks and feels like it was built 20 years ago. Go with something else and don’t pay to use Ultimate, as it will slow things done for hiring managers, employees and HR. These types of problems are pervasive with the tool and, as a result, it may make sense to only use Ultimate for simple payroll processing and very basic core HR. Anything more and you’ll be overpaying for outdated software.

Response from Ultimate Software

Replied April 2019

Hi Nicole, thank you for your feedback. We're really sorry to hear you are having a less-than-stellar experience with us. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback and I have shared your comments with the team to help us improve. We hope you have a wonderful day.

JAZMINE from US

UltiPro has been amazing!

I really enjoy using UltiPro! It is easy to use, if I need help I get it fast, and all my information is in one place!

Pros

UltiPro makes it easy to track your employment, employee information, income, T4, and a whole lot more. This makes it easy to do most things yourself like printing your payslips, changing your address, etc. This software is secure and navigation around the site is extremely user friendly. I have never had such access to my employment records before it has been so beneficial. Another thing that has been amazing is the customer service. It is always fast and efficient.

Cons

having to put in a code every time you log in can be a little annoying but I know it is for the safety of my information. There is an option to pause the codes on the device you are using for 30 days which is helpful!

Lee from Shaw University

Review of UltiPro HRIS

UltiPro allowed us to eliminated many tedious and time-consuming processes, streamlining them that improved efficiency - Applicant Tracking, Onboarding, and Performance Management processes have all been greatly enhanced.

Pros

The functionality of the system overall - how each module works with each other, and the fact that I can customize it to my needs myself as we change. The ease of use and training are outstanding!

Cons

Not having the ability to have multiple company codes assigned to an employee who may be paid different rates in different company codes, but it does not impact a lot of employees and there is a work-around.

Reasons for Choosing UltiPro

UltiPro provided the best product to meet our specific needs and overall best value; in addition, customer service and training are far superior to what other vendors were offering.

Brice from Launch Lab, inc

Flexible System - Rigid Support

Pros

I loved the open workflow builder and approval process engine. Our company had roughly 700 employees and it was great to have the open ability to make, implement and change approval processes on the fly. We had the following additional modules and they were all great: Recruiting, Onboarding, Learning Management, Performance Management, and Compensation Management.

Cons

The system struggled with benefits management and administration. It took 8 months to build some pretty simple feeds to our carriers. Even then they were poorly built and the information was not accurate. The benefit open enrollment aspect of the system was good, our employees loved it and our benefits enrollment percent went up substantially. However this came with a lot of manual backend work because of the fragile feeds and the need to check every record against the feed.

Reasons for Choosing UltiPro

It’s mobile app and at the time revolutionary geofencing capabilities.

Melissa from Roan Resources

Industry: Oil & Energy

Ultipro Review

We've had some issues with time and attendance but overall it is doing what we need it to do: employee self service, payroll, benefits admin

Pros

We were handheld during the implementation which was great. Compared to our previous system (zuman) there is much for functionality but there are still things UltiPro doesn't have that we need.

Cons

It doesn't have a fully functioning org chart that's printable (where you can see the entire organization, not just by each manager)

Jessica from Canoo

Love Ultipro- Only issue is reporting

Pros

Ease of use, customer service, great company! I love everything about them! Staff really go above and beyond. Have great retention tools for ongoing customers. They continue to be open to customer feedback as well.

Cons

Reporting. BI functionality is great for advanced users or companies with a designated HRIS team but if you are a small business (under 500), it can be difficult to simply get what you want quickly. Wish they had easy reporting (like SuccessFactors or ADP) and then BI for advanced users.

Reasons for Choosing UltiPro

Feedback, customer experience, and company values.

Angelina from Synq3

Industry: Restaurants

Faulty Software

My overall experience with Ultipro is not so great. I would not choose this software for my companies first choice in human resources.

Pros

I like most about the software is the ability to look at your time punches and its accuracy. You are also able to model your pay with taxes and deductions configured too.

Cons

What I like least about the software is that I lost wages due to a glitch in the system. When I emailed them about it they forwarded it to my employer who wanted to fire me over it. I emailed Ultipro to bring their attention to the issue I experienced using the software and to get reimbursed for the monies the glitch had cost me. No resolution came from it.

Bobby from Grubhub

UltiPro is a fine payroll processing tool.

We use UltiPro as our primary payroll processing service.

Pros

I like that I am able to do all of the necessary payroll processing functions in UltiPro (request time off, view pay stubs, etc.).

Cons

It feels to me like some of the functionality is lacking a bit. It just isn't quite as user friendly and intuitive as I would like.

Jeanne from Human Kinetics, Inc.

Industry: Publishing

UltiPro is a great investment

We have had a favorable overall experience with UltiPro since going live in October 2016. The support team we have now is incredibly responsive to our requests and the functions in UltiPro have improved the quality of our internal processes. When there have been issues with support, etc. UltiPro has been very quick to resolve the issue. They take client feedback very seriously.

Pros

Implementing UltiPro has allowed us to streamline many functions that were performed manually with paper documents. Internal staff transfers, promotions, salary changes, etc. are now handled within the UltiPro system (including approvals) where prior to that, paper forms had to be manually signed off by multiple managers before submitting them to HR for processing. Our benefit enrollment process has moved from an Excel enrollment form to an online enrollment that feeds directly into the payroll system once approved. A goal tracking system for employees has been created in UltiPro that allows employees/managers to create goals, rate them, track them with comments, and then show completion dates. Employees may now access their personnel record in UltiPro and make updates to home address, marital status, dependent/contact info, tax withholding as well as immediate access to W-2 forms and ACA forms. In addition, UltiPro offers an online PTO tracking system where employees can request time off and managers can immediately approve electronically. And, of course, what I like most is the amazing reporting capabilities that UltiPro offers. Besides the hundreds of standard reports already created, I can either edit/modify current reports or create my own report.

Cons

This is rather minor, but there are functions I would like to create in UltiPro that I don't have access to do as an Administrator. I must submit them to UltiPro Support Team and some of the functions require an additional cost. It's not a lot, but it's just the principal.

Julie from Alabama Farmers Cooperative, Inc.

Industry: Farming

UltiPro

We launched with UltiPro a year and a half ago. The implementation team was very knowledgeable of the product and services offered. They were able to come to the house on many occasions for hands-on training prior to the launch. We also traveled to an On-Site Class near us. These were great to be able to talk back and forth through issues you had been experiencing. I recommend taking notes for questions you may have before going. In the Learning Center Online, there is an abundance of course and previously recorded webcasts for you to learn from. The levels range from the beginner to more complex detailed positions. The Security-Based features are wonderful for companies with multiple subsidiaries. The reporting has many standard reports built for you. It also has the ability for you as a customer to build unique reports to fit your companies' needs. Onboarding has been a way for us to eliminate a lot of paperwork and scanning of policies and documents. It has taken a while to get in groove with so many locations hiring all our seasonal employees at the same time. However, in the end this is saving enormous amounts of time.

Pros

Security-based roles are great for top down management. Payroll processing is a lot faster. We have completely moved away from paper checks. The Community Groups and Knowledge Hours are a great tool to have to continually learn from other customers on how they are using the same programs in their company. Many customers are very quick to respond to simple or complex questions. UltiPro has an extensive collection of resource materials that are searchable to help quickly. In the beginning, the Quick Tour videos were a life saver. You learn so much information at once that you don't retain it all. These videos are brief and to the point. they are housed on each screen that it pertains to which is wonderful. Also, every screen has a "Things" I can do here. Another good tool when learning where to locate all of the information.

Cons

For departments housing only human resource and payroll employees, the reporting is a very slow process to learn. While there are many courses offered, majority of which are online which is more difficult during the initial transition. The Rapid Response is not so rapid. You call in to log a case and wait for someone to call you back. Unless you are completely locked out of production, you could be waiting a long time for a return call. Logging a case on the website is not much faster. However there you are able to fully describe your issue and attach any documents needed to be examined.

Erica from ITU AbsorbTech

My managers call it UltiPoo...

We began with UltiPro at the end of this summer, going from an antiquated HRIS system to what we (correctly) thought would be a significant upgrade. And while the cost does reflect that; and it is an upgrade; it has been an extremely rough road getting there. Technical issues, the amount of data required (most of it being a manual entry, in part to our antiquated system we were on before) and the level of depth you will go into building this system is outrageous. Each "silo" was assigned a technical SME who helped us build the program. Everything is incredibly customizable and easy to change once it is set up.

Pros

Assigned help along the way, so you knew who your person was. You can build a system to your liking. Makes some functionalities very easy, like building out an "opportunity" or requisition. The system has some great possibilities and can support a lot of different functions through customizable reports. A lot of integrations into external vendor systems that make background checks, job posting, benefits, 401K very easy. Once it is BUILT, I can see how easy it will be to use.

Cons

Each "silo" of the UltiPro function is usually created by that department - recruiting builds out recruiting and onboarding, payroll builds payroll, TD builds performance, etc. Problem is that WE, the builders, don't usually know how the other team will build their system so often times they don't talk well. You build it over a series of meetings with your SME, with can make it disjointed to build. There is a different SME for each function, so if I want to build a report that pulls from my onboarding module, I have to talk to a different SME because the onboarding SME doesn't know Business Intelligence SME. Building it is a second full-time job for your team. We had to build out own training for our employees on how to use the system because each system is so customizable, you won't have a packaged training you can plop in front of your employees.

Jamie from GCFA

Best HR site I have personally used

Allows me to view all my HR information all in one location.

Pros

Been using this site now for our clocking in and out at work for 5+ years. Very easy to use. Site has never been down, always up and works. The site is speedy to navigate. Allows me to easily and quickly log in and out. Allows me to pick easily pick my insurance every year and has all the information I need on the site. Allows me to quickly get a brief overview how many sick/personal/vacation days I have and will earn. Can hop in and request days off very easily and then view a yearly calendar to see what I have already added in the future and the past. We also use this for our performance reviews. Not a fan of those but the site makes it work OK. Site times out at 30 minutes and it gives you a countdown before it gets there, so it makes it easy for me to see when to clock back in for lunch. I can also view my paycheck stubs here. It is very nice to have access to all of this in one location. I also hear it integrates with AD credentials but we have not implemented that. I have used other HR websites such as Kronos and this one is so much easier to use.

Cons

Honestly I cannot think of anything negative to say about the website. I have never had a problem with it.

Response from Ultimate Software

Replied July 2018

Hi Jamie, thank you so much for sharing with us. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying your experience. We hope you have a wonderful day!

Tiffany from Ellwood Group, Inc.

Industry: Mining & Metals

UltiPro - Everyone Should Use It!

UltiPro has helped us integrate our 2000+ decentralized workforce into one HR system. We have a lot of HR users in our locations that are resistant to change, but we have been able to prove to them what Ulti can do for them and the time it can save. We use Ulti for HR, Payroll, Benefits, Open Enrollment/Life Events, Recruiting, Onboarding, Performance Management and Time and Attendance. It's great to have all of this in one system, with easily reportable data. As a decentralized workforce, we have many customizations. Ulti can handle all of them with ease. I truly can't say enough good things about the product, and the company.

Pros

UltiPro by far has the best customer service and training I've experienced (I've used ADP, Ceridian and SilkRoad products in the past). The system is user friendly and intuitive and customizable to meet our needs. In addition, the company truly cares about customer feedback - and works to implement solutions quickly. It's an all around solid HR system, with many modules that integrate to give you some great functionality and workflow.

Cons

I hate to truly list a "con" here as I know Ulti is constantly working to improve their products. I would say though that the Recruiting tool needs continuous ramping up to become a true competitive ATS system. It's working for us now, but we need more from it. The GREAT thing is that every month Ulti is rolling out new features and updates to this module. I'm confident they will continue to enhance this product and make it a great tool for us.

Nathan from Yokogawa

UltiPro is the primary UI that I use to access all my personal work information.

I am able to keep track of my personal work information in one convenient software and mobile app. It allows me to view my payment history, my PTO statuses and many other things. I like being able to view all this information in one easy to use software.

Pros

UltiPro is an easy to use Software that provides me with easy access to all work related information. The mobile application is great when I am on the go and need to get access to a quick piece of information. It allows me to view all my tax information as well as insurance information. It allows me to export W2 and W4 information when doing my taxes and does so in an easy way.

Cons

I would say the biggest Con for the software is the mobile app does have some missing features of that compared to the PC software. On the mobile app I am not able to access some features that normally I would be able to. Other than that I do not have many Cons for this software if anymore at all.

Response from Ultimate Software

Replied August 2018

Hi Nathan, thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying our Mobile App! I cannot wait to share your insights with the Mobile App team - they will be thrilled! If you don't mind, would you be willing to share your mobile experience on the Mobile App Store of your choice? Further, I did see you your request for more Mobile-specific features. I just wanted to let you know that Mobile App features are determined by an organization's HR department. It's possible there are features available that you may not have access to. If there are any specific features of interest, feel free to let your HR team know! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We value your insights and hope to continue providing you with a great experience. Have a wonderful day!

Anita from Chicken Salad Chick

Industry: Restaurants

Overall, am satisfied.

Pros

Visual appeal Rapid Response is available to assist 24/7! Highly customizable

Cons

Quality of troubleshooting depends on the person you get first on Rapid Response or your Rollout Team, so 50% of the time, it's great, and 50% of the time it's sub-par. There is a lot that needs to be developed in the Onboarding and Recruiting Gateways. Some simple things are not available, or work in a strange way (i.e. the way someone needs to submit a background check).

Peggy from Medical Management Resources Group

The Ultimate Software

I have started this year to use the PPACA system which is great! It reduces the manual work involved when the system does it for you. Benefits are great. Looking forward some day to upgrading that to your Prime Benefits. Your Open Enrollment looks cleaner in Prime Benefits.

Pros

This software is people-friendly, all inclusive for processes in our departments. The Support is awesome and timely. The education is outstanding with individual one-on-one, webinars, videos and updates. Communication on what's happening at Ultimate Software, what's new, updates, is ever on spot.

Cons

I'm still working on understanding the Business Intelligence. It seems complicated.

It's okay but not the best

The biggest benefit of UltiPro is that it is an all in one system that is used by all of HR and also used for our Payroll and Accounting departments. It is easy to be able to sort through all issues across the company through one representative. I also find it is efficient at tracking benefits such as healthcare, sick and vacation leave accruals.

Pros

The Applicant Tracking System (ATS) with UltiPro is the main feature I use in my day to day, and it's just okay. If used as directed it can be a good platform for tracking and collecting applications but unfortunately, my company does not use it properly so to me it seems lackluster for the price. The reporting functions through the core are pretty good and customizable. Overall I would say it is relatively user-friendly and only took me a few days to get navigate the system on my own. I like that you are able to set up shortcuts on your dashboard and see all your accruals on the dashboard.

Cons

My issues with UltiPro mostly stem from my company not properly using it as they should, so overall I like UltiPro. I would suggest they have an option to create tracking links so when a position is posted we can see where each applicant was directed from. Advertising efforts aren't as fruitful when we aren't able to do all the tracking right in the ATS.

March 2015

Danielle from Islands Restaurants

March 2015

Want to Love, but it needs focus on system users functionality

Pros

I like the fact that we are able to customize and build the software package to our needs. The software has some amazing functionality that work well for our business. I like the vendor because the value of the company being "people first" shows in the way they care for their employees. I think that filters down to the customers.

Cons

I would like Ultimate to finish things that need to be corrected that are known system flaws before they move on to new technology. It would be comforting to know as the system administrator that the system processed right from beginning to end before all the other "cool" features come out. Also, I wish the project focus was for system users first and then the employee user. Example, they listened to customers when we asked for the ability to change labels. That is great and the employee users are happy about that. But then they stopped the project without thinking what the system user would need. It is simple when you think about it. Everything that goes into Ulti - we have to report on. So that label project should have included those label changes in BI. Now the reports and the system will not match. Can you imagine having your payroll staff turn over and then trying to run a report based on names you don't have in system because the staff before you used the label edit feature? Nightmare.

Wonderful, comprehensive system for all of your HR needs

Efficiency and tracking personnel changes

Pros

Ultipro has the type of versatility and customization features needed for small and large companies alike. It's highly customizable so that you can use it for all of your HRIS needs. What I like most about Ultipro is the integration across multiple facets. Your employees' files are stored electronically and the permissions you give the employees allow you to use the system to track and approve changes to position, title, pay, benefits and employees can change their address and names, all electronically.

Cons

Ultipro's customer service is probably the worst feature as getting anything changed or having to troubleshoot issues can take more time than you have, especially within a large corporation.

Response from Ultimate Software

Replied April 2018

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you enjoy our unified HCM. I do see you have some concerns and just wanted to let you know I have shared them with the team to help us improve. If you have any additional insights you would like to provide, feel free to reach out to feedback@ultimatesoftware.com. I hope you have a wonderful day!

So much capability, so hard to navigate!

Overall, if you are only looking for basic information as an employee its easy; find paychecks, find personal info, etc. As a long-term solution, unless you do a great job of training and modifying the tools and menus, its easy to get lost; both because of the interface is not clean and it has too many options.

Pros

Ultipro has a ton of options of what is available to you; I've seen it now in two different companies. In both scenarios, the capabilities of the software were not utilized to their fullest extent. It looks as if Ultipro can do far more than either used it for. The load times and menus for initially finding information are fast to navigate. Information on different pages is presented clear as well. PDFs and other files generated by the system load fast.

Cons

The presentation of the material, menus, hotlinks, etc. is unwieldy and jumbled. It is hard to sort through all of the pages past initial launch ones. Drop down menus, if you move your mouse off of them, disappear; in 2019 that doesn't make sense. The ease of use is definitely missing. As mentioned, too, I've seen it in two scenarios, one with a company of 2000+ and one with around 200 employees. All of the features are not used and yet you can still open up menus and pages that do not have relevant information; if thats the system, it needs to be fixed, if its the user/moderator of the business, they need to be encouraged to get rid of it from the systems administrator from Ultipro. Just not an easy and clean tool to use. The Time Clock tool as an employee is very difficult to use, too; multiple pages/clicks to get to basic information is overkill. Even then, it has a very mid-range power user feel to it... if you don't know what you're doing you may break it!

Carolyn from Mediacom

UltiPro- is it right for you.

Our organization's primary focus in HR is reducing turnover and we use the bsuiness analytics for our Turnover HR reports. This report has been crucial to identifying departments/teams that are seeing trends of influx in turnover. When identified in these reports we partner with these teams share the info with the leaders and are able to turnaround the turnover in that area we are experiencing. We also use these reports for our Affirmative Action and it has saved a lot of time being able to save these report templates to use them annually to report out on.

Pros

I like the tasks red start at the top right of your screen as a shortcut to go to my tasks that are waiting instead of going into each individual employee profile. It has nice features to save you time, such as when I am assigning distribution of performance reviews I can select multiple employees instead of re-filling out and distributing the form to each individual employee.

Cons

Learning how to set filters to get the end result of the reports in Business Analytics is complex. Many filters are labeled similar so it is hard determine which one you need.

Glenn from Western Asset

10+ years of success

Pros

We have been using Ultipro successfully in cloud for over 12 years. -We recently started using onboarding and conditional workflow approvals and have been able to go almost 100% paperless. -We have been able to leverage Employee Self Service(via SSO) and modules such Open Enrollment and Life Event to streamline employee benefit elections -Cognos Analytics, is an extremely powerful business intelligence reporting tool that allows us to schedule reports, burst information and set alerts -We were able to use Ultipro's auto-population feature to generate 1095's for ACA Compliance

Cons

-You have a dedicated support rep, but when needed the quality of the Rapid Response support channel can be hit or miss -As a client who has been Ultimate Software for many years, we had to customize a lot to achieve what we wanted, but as new releases come out many of these customs are no longer necessary. Unfortunately, unwinding some of these customs to replace with new core functionality can be a challenge

Ultipro is great for your jobs health benefits and work related topics

My experience with UltiPro has always been great for the 4 1/2 years I've been with PSAV (Presentation Services Audio Visual). The old way we used to ask off for days from work was writing it on paper and then submitting to your Director of Operations. Now you just log in to UltiPro and go to scheduling, and then click on time off request and submit. It is so much easier than how we had to do it 4 years ago before they introduced UltiPro to our intranet websites.

Pros

It is very easy to navigate when you're searching for some info on your health benefits, and looking for other higher up employees if you have issues you need to report such as conflicts with other employees. It list everyone above you without having to ask your manager for email addresses from say the person who handles HR issues.

Cons

Nothing I have always found it easy to navigate and if you can't figure something out say for instance logging into some of our companies intranet websites for training and other purposes it has a step by step solution for anything you can think of company related.

Natalie from Modern Woodmen of America

Fantastic all-in-one software

We have reduced paper and gained many efficiencies from reducing manual processes, overall.

Pros

User friendly, customer support, learning resources

Cons

The compensation module is clunky and so is the time management. We have work arounds but sometimes there is more work involved since they cannot be fully configured to what we need.

Reasons for Choosing UltiPro

Cost and Customer Service provided were the main factors of our decision. Ulti has been around for a long time and provides great service and free learning.

Ultipro provides consistent, easy to use HR services

I've been on both the end user and HR setup sides of UltiPro, so I have multiple opinions on it. For the most part, I can see how HR and management likes it. UltiPro cuts down on a lot of manual lookup and integrates many tools and features into one package. And if you're an employee who really only uses it for time&attendance, then it's not really a big change. For the most part, I like using UltiPro and it's a solid HR MS that helps me manage my team in a more concise manner.

Pros

It's nice to be able to view an employee's information via a report. I recognize that you won't be able to gather all the info but having a consolidated PDF generated makes some of my duties a bit easier to begin with. I also really like the modules that accompanies UltiPro. We've used the main modules such as Payroll and Attendance, but it's nice to have things like Recruitment and Workforce Analytics as well. As an aside, I think that UltiPro has pretty strong online customer support. I've almost always found a resolution within a business day or so.

Cons

It can seem a bit... redundant at time. I feel like some features that I have to go through should have already been expressed to another person, and I shouldn't have to input them again. For example, the time-sheet feature feels like it can be incorporated to add minute schedule changes and unexpected TO off a bit better. Also, some of my team says it's a bit tricky for them to find pay-stubs or that it might be delayed in showing up, but I've personally never had that happen.

Michael from CapEd Credit Union

Ultipro is great!

Overall the product works great, and my company states it is an affordable alternative.

Pros

We have been using Ultipro for about 4 years, and it works great. We manage our time sheets, as well as employee performances in the program.

Cons

My biggest con as a user is having a difficult time telling when I punched out, or if I had just punched out minutes ago. This causes a lot of dependencies.

Tracy from Moore & Van Allen

Ultimate Software has allowed us to leverage their technology to enhance and improve our internal HR/PR functions to not only handle the day to day, but also be strategic in what we do for our internal and external clients.

Ultimate has been a good business partner. They listen to our feedback and truly partner with us in our business initiatives; even if the answer is no they work with us to find other alternatives to help us achieve our business goal.

Pros

We most like the Business Intelligence reporting and ease of navigation throughout the product. We like the ability to configure fields and screens to meet our specific needs. We are very pleased with the ability to have a paperless onboarding experience for our new hires and also configure the onboarding process to meet our business needs. We also appreciate the ability to provide feedback on product enhancements and see that Ultimate listens and responds to that feedback.

Cons

We would like the enhancements requested to come a little quicker to market, but understand some of these enhancements do take time. We would like to see a more consistent response time in Customer Service.

Jen from Contura Energy

UltiPro HRMS

Pros

The delivered product has loads of functionality that is immediately ready to use. The portal is very easy for employees to navigate and very little training is needed to get started. Ultimate Software also provides all of their training free of charge with the subscription, this is a huge help in developing your support team and super users. Ultimate takes customer feedback seriously & puts significant releases in place twice a year. There are normally around 100 user suggestions implemented each year in the releases.

Cons

The Benefits module is not very robust and electronic open enrollment works well, but the confirmation statements are very clunky. Also while the support from every Ultimate team is always very friendly, they can be very slow and it is not uncommon for you to have to escalate requests in order to get programmers to respond to emails.

Annette from GreenSky

We have been using Ultipro software for our HRIS System serving 1,000 employees

Access to all employees HR files

Pros

I like the various functions that Ultipro is capable of. From payroll, Time clock and time off control, keeping a database of employees positions, salaries, name, address, email address, PTO and Personal Day bank and actual time clock. There is an applicant tracking system but we don't use it at this point.

Cons

There is a lack of support from the Ultimate software team. Any requests for service take an inordinate length of time. (months). The service is then not done correctly. We had file feeds giving our 3rd party providers wrong dates of employment, number of hours worked incorrectly. So we had to manually update this provider with the correct information. This delayed our employees getting approved for Family Medical Leave Act and Short Term Disability. When contactly Ultimate, they were not accommodating in getting the file feeds corrected, even though it was their fault. The initial launch of Ultipro was rough as well. Wrong data and mistakes in the files with Ultimate Software Team unaccommodating.

Joe from MSU Federal Credit Union

UltiPro is great!

Pros

The functionality is great if you know how to enable it and use it. There can be a steep learning curve, but once you get there, it's pretty great.

Cons

The learning curve is steep for some areas/aspects of the system. And enabling functions for certain areas is not as intuitive as "turning it on" you have to assign security roles that often conflict or give unexpected access.

Cindy from Kimley-Horn

UltiPro is a pretty easy software to use

Pros

As a user - The categories are pretty easy to find - and labeled well so that you know what you're going to find under each category. You can add Favorites - so places that you go frequently, so that you don't have to drill into the categories to get to them. I'm also an administrator of certain data - so being able to take care of things for other staff is also easy and manageable as well. You can even get notifications that what you do is taken care of as a user and as an administrator.

Cons

There is one limitation to the product that I notice and deal with - it is for me the limitation of field length (amount of characters per field). You have to be creative when you're setting up items in dropdown lists for staff to be able to choose from and still be able to push across what they're choosing.

Yeni from Autodesk

I love the UltiPro experience.

Pros

The UltiPro user interface is intuitive,easily customizable ,easy to navigate and i have been impressed with how UltiPro has continuously improved over the years ,with new features being added regularly. UltiPro has been superb for my team as a tool for time keeping. Cognos analytic is a stand out tool on UltiPro , and simplifies the process of reporting on our payroll. I like the standardized report ,and the freedom to edit the names and modify them to fit our business need is priceless.

Cons

Ultipro's workflows are very limited . I will like the user interface remodeled in a way that we are able to view the "compensation-history" from one page , for every staff in the organization.

Response from Ultimate Software

Replied July 2018

Hi Yeni, thank you so much for the kind words. We're thrilled to hear you enjoy our business analytics features. Have a great day!

March 2016

Nancy from Carlex Glass

March 2016

Ultimate implementation experience

Pros

There are so many modules to Ultimate that we haven't even had the opportunity or time to fully implement yet! We keep hearing about something we haven't learned about yet and are excited to ask questions and find out where we can put that module in our roll out schedule!

Cons

I was excited (and very relieved) to hear about the structure changes that recently occurred within the Ultimate staff. When we have a problem, we don't necessarily have time to wait for our request to be "kicked up" to second tier or third tier. Especially when we're "in the weeds" processing a payroll. Putting thru a case doesn't necessarily mean we're going to hear from someone soon enough to get our payroll run completed on time. Having a "no tier" system is a much better way to handle these issues.

Simple and Easy

Ultipro has worked very well with managing time from both desktop and mobile devices and provides many options to work with. It is a good fit for someone who does not want to spend too much time setting up a time/payment program and would like a lot of options already loaded. Using Ultipro has made time and pay management easy and understandable for me.

Pros

The visual layout of Ultipro makes managing time, payments, and benefits simple and easy to understand. The layout menu that shows all your options is an additional reminder to pay attention to important dates and to keep track of hours logged. I receive emails from Ultipro about managing time and paydates which I find extremely useful. Complicated documents are easy to pull up - I never feel like I'm forgetting to do something important with Ultipro.

Cons

Although Ultipro provides many options for managing time, pay, and career goals, it's hard to work outside the guidelines put down for it. This has only come up a few times, when I've wanted to request unpaid time off but the layout only suggests that I can take paid time off. However, Ultipro provides so many options that this is not a common problem.

Dina from Berkeley College

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

I am very happy with UltiPro and all that it has to offer, including the robust reporting tool, Business Intelligence.

The support staff at Ultimate Software are very friendly, great to work with and knowledgeable about the product.

Pros

I like the updates to the program because it enhances the work that we do. One of the more recent updates was the Smart Tax Search. It is a feature that returns tax codes when an employee enters their address. Really cool feature for payroll! I also like the reporting tool, Business Intelligence. Reporting is one of the key functions of my role and we use the reports for upper management as well as to process payroll.

Cons

We switched to UltiPro from ADP in 2010 and it was difficult to make that transition. I believe that Ultimate Software could have provided detailed written instructions as well as live personnel to assist with the switch. It may be different now.

Rose from CHS

Ultipro meets all our needs.

Ultipro meets all our needs and then some. The customer service we experience from this company cannot be compared. Our CSR is an amazing person and if she cannot fix something, she finds someone who can. Timely. With a great attitude. I have never found that kind of support with any other company I worked with. If a payroll problem crops up, they have a dedicated line for that, realizing payroll is very deadline driven.

Pros

Ease of use, tons of virtual training available, top notch customer service, customization available. Ease of use for employees. Import and Export integration. Reports readily available both in Ultipro Web and Cognos. Report writing ability available. Dashboards available. SSO configurable. Integrated Tax Setup.

Cons

We are a large enterprise, some of the modules are for smaller customers. Tax recon can be a bit cumbersome, but manageable.

Cody from RainSweet, Inc.

UltiPro, the Ultimate solution!

Overall UltiPro is a superb product that has many different modules to meet the demands of growing companies. From payroll, time and attendance, and benefit administration, UltiPro can help lead the way to drive efficiency and promote a better experience for administrators and employees.

Pros

The ease of which one can use UltiPro is second to none! The user experience is easy to navigate and they are constantly adding new features. The extensive modules that are available under the Human Capital Management umbrella like benefits, applicant tracking, time and attendance, compensation management, and more! Excellent customer service 24/7.

Cons

The mobile app integration and functionality needs some work, mainly with push notifications. The ability to make global or batch changes on groups of employees is very difficult, if not impossible. It can be difficult to understand the reporting features, you must build your own as the provided template reports just don't cut it.

Allison from GMLLP

Why we choose UltiPro

The UltiPro product that Ultimate Software has provided us is great. Our HR department is able to provide numerous departments real-time and historic reports in minutes. We can schedule reports as well so that everyone has what they need every moment of the day. The product has grown with us as we have grown as a Firm.

Pros

Reporting; All in one solution including Payroll, Performance Management, Recruiting, Onboarding, Benefits; UltiPro listens to customers for changes to the software and puts it into its quarterly updates; cloud based; Customer service availability and response; mobile application; ease of use for administrators and end users; training is free.

Cons

There is nothing that I can really think of at this time. UltiPro has so many positive attributes and there just not any negative.

Judi from Bohannan Huston, Inc.

Industry: Civil Engineering

UltiPro Software Review

Great!! Best HR system I have ever used.

Pros

User friendly; robust reporting, great customer service.

Cons

No cons. Great product through and through.

Reasons for Choosing UltiPro

Better options for the company.

Chris from InVision Human Services

Industry: Mental Health Care

Solid, robust application

We are able to centrally manage almost all aspects of employees through this powerful application, virtually eliminating the need for spreadsheets and other documents used to track employees.

Pros

The true value in UltiPro is in the powerful IBM Cognos Business Intelligence reporting system which provides powerful reporting metrics on almost anything you could imagine. There are many out of the box reports pre-configured and you can build your own to meet your individual customized business needs. It's highly reliable and customer support is great.

Cons

The application has limited flexibility in some areas which makes going 100% paperless difficult. It lacks some if this then that type situations which would greatly improve functionality.

Matthew from EDGE Clothing Company

This software has the potential to be epic

Here’s a scenario: UltiPro shows an announcement for Open Enrollment and a link to read more (from another website, for some reason). Some of those elections can be made in UltiPro, which is brilliant because I don’t have to learn how to use a whole new system. But, for no good reason, there are tutorials on how to use the software within the software. Wouldn’t it take less time/resources to make the software usable than to make a video about how to use the software? I still think this software could dominate the world (in a good way, that is) because it has a good grip on centralizing the features and minimizing the need to use other software for similar features (except, in our case, to read more about Open Enrollment).

Pros

I like having a centralized hub for everything from Time Management and HSA contribution modifications to company announcements. This software allows for pretty good customization and is not something that is an out of the box solution.

Cons

Some features are used more than others, and the “others” aren’t necessarily able to be removed. I also am not sure that a scaled down version makes sense for the mobile app. I think it is predictable that a scaled down version would be a good solution, but removing features for a mobile app seems a bit lazy. It would be better if the mobile app had the same features, just redesigned for a mobile experience. For example: While I may not expect to change my HSA contributions from the mobile app, I should at least be able to see my time off requests and approvals.

Nabeel from Salient CRGT

Effectiveness of Ultipro

Overall, Ultipro is a pretty solid software and it is an extremely vital tool that adds great value to companies looking for payroll and other Human resources solutions.

Pros

Ultipro does a great job to not only provide solutions for a company's payroll but is an extremely helpful and intuitive tool for managing employee benefits and showing pay history, PTO balances, tax forms all in one place.

Cons

One of the downsides of Ultipro is that it sometimes the way it is configured in such that the information it is providing is not real time and is contingent on when the time sheets are actually posted to the accounting system. An employee does not have the ability to check real time pay history or tax information unless that period is completely processed.

Maria from Marco

Decent product but not overly impressed

Pros

We didn't have an HRIS system at all and had over 1,000 employees. Getting a system is better than nothing. We are paperless in the onboarding of new employees which has saved me a lot of tracking down of I9s like we used to have to do. The onboarding has been a great asset for new hires - they can complete all policy forms before starting as well as complete direct deposit, I9, W4 info. That has been very beneficial and new hires say that impressed them!

Cons

There are a lot of times where E-Verify doesn't work with UltiPro so I have to remember to go back when it is working to process a new hire in E-Verify. I have a hard time finding specific information in Core when looking for it. It just seems like the info can be hard to find. There are also a lot of steps to save info. You have to make sure to hit save over and over for the change to take place

Brian from The Fresh Market

Ultipro a huge success

I have been working with Ultipro programming for the past 4 years and I've never personally never had an issue other than trying to access the top bar options such as w-2, direct deposit info, profile

Pros

It gives you a breakdown of your paycheck, accrued time off, vacation, benefits etc. Easy access once you have your login info

Cons

Sometimes hard to access the top bar options w-2 and such. Cant change any info on it unless its through HR

Reasons for Choosing UltiPro

Better interface, straight forward.

Ashley from LEDIC Management Group

Paperless system

UltiPro has completely changed to the way we as a company perform. Everything is more streamlined and allows us to track the progress electronically versus attempting to reach out via phone. The system has allowed us a company to move forward with a paperless movement.

Pros

We converted to this system in January 2016 and were 100% paper. Two years later and we are almost 100% paperless. This system has a number of resources that allow you to structure your organization.

Cons

The overall conversion process was confusing because we were coming into a system that was already setup. The integration team assumed that we knew everything about the system and several functions were setup incorrectly. However, after they were found it was fairly simple to fix.

Derek from PSAV: Presentation Services Audio Visual

Great benefits selector

It is fantastic. I recently became full-time with my employer of 5 1/2yrs and you have to log onto Ultipro for access to your benefits, punch in and out times and other personal things related to my job, you can also change where your direct deposit goes too as well. Very easy to navigate through as well. I'd highly recommend it, and it gives the organizational list of everyone from the top all the way down to lowest and you can send an email or call (which is listed) in case you need to communicate to a higher up manager for an issue you may have or to compliment anyone you've worked with.

Pros

You can easily choose between what benefits you want and no longer want.

Cons

Nothing I can think of. It is fairly easy to use. I'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for good software for all of your businesses HR needs, etc.

Vikki from IFAW

Industry: Philanthropy

Better than most HCMs

I have found the customer service to be very good. I appreciate that I can activate a case online, describing my need/issue in detail, so that when a customer service rep responds to the case, they have the background needed to research and call with an answer versus tons of questions. I find the response time to be good, typically same day or next day response.

Pros

Thorough, integrated, and fairly easy to use system with a very powerful reporting tool. System is very powerful and Ultimate offers online learning opportunities but it still takes a time commitment to learn the system.

Cons

This is a payroll system first, HCM second so the focus is on employees paid through payroll. No ability to track positions (vacancies) unless you are actively recruiting. The online learning modules are easy but not quite as thorough as needed to connect the dots between modules so it's a good thing they have good customer service.

Jessica from Discovery Benefits Inc.

User Friendly

Pros

1. I find Ultipro to be very user friendly for both admins and our employees. 2. The ability to import one time earnings into the payroll gateway saves a ton of time. 3. By having Ulitpro file our taxes for us, we are able to save time. 4. Their customer service is amazing. When something is urgent, I get it resolved within an hour, at most.

Cons

1. I feel Ultimate time management feels not quite as user friendly as core. i'm excited to see the changes for the release in 2019. 2. FMLA tracking doens't exist which causes us to use an external application to track. At Connections they just came out with a fix for this, so I"m xcited for that.e