What are Vista users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Vista software through verified user reviews

• icon"PDS continues to improve and add to the system. Every department is very responsive to customer needs."
  • icon"Implementation team is great, very responsive. Very excited about the employee self-service components."
  • icon"The customer service is very important. Software allows multi states."
  • icon"The position structure is very cumbersome and difficult to update."
  • icon"The applicant tracking system and the candidate drop off that we have."
  • icon"Job history has been really hard to accurately track. Tracking applicants in multiple reqs has also been hard."

Browse all Vista Reviews

• Have you used Vista and would like to share your experience with others?

daniel

Industry: Public Policy

Flexibility built in from the foundation

The customer support makes this system a great system and the company a great company to do business with.

Pros

I have supported many HR and Payroll systems and this is by far the most flexible and risiliant systems that I have worked with. The system is designed to allow for installing updates as well as for including custom code in a way that preserves the functionality and integrity of the original base code. This is essential when considering the long term support and maintenance of a system. Customer support is great and very personal. The techs know me and my system and are always able to provide insight and assistance in a timely manner.

Cons

I am not a fan of the crystal reporting engine but this implementation seems to be sound and pretty resiliant. We were able to create reports we needed to fit our organizations needs. I prefer SSRS.

Wendy

Industry: Public Policy

Vista 7 is a hit with employees

Overall we have been happy with the Vista 7 upgrade. I look forward to seeing what the payroll change will bring.

Pros

We upgraded to the Vista 7 platform in September after being on PDS Vista for 9 years. The new version is a lot more intuitive and our self-service employees love the icons instead of drop downs for finding their information. As a payroll user I like that there is more information on each tab, a lot less clicking. I also like that all the payroll processes, reports and timesheets are in one pop up box.

Cons

Some of the things that used to work fine in 4.1 don't work in 7. I like that there is more screen print buttons added , but they only print the screen showing, not all the information on the page if you have to scroll down. It kind of defeats the purpose when it doesn't print all the information. Also when using the timesheet to add deduction or fringe adjustments that apply only for the specific pay period it doesn't stay on the same tab when changing employees.

Lydia

Vista 7 Review

Pros

It is cleaner than 4 and it is more intuitive. The upgrade went smoothly thanks to the help of PDS Team. They were very knowledgeable.

Cons

The position structure is very cumbersome and difficult to update. Though it has changed quite a bit from Vista 4 the changes made weren't for the better.

Tonia

June 2015

Tip of the Iceberg

Pros

Vista HRMS is a complete and comprehensive HR system, from the hiring process, through benefits, payroll, taxes, time management, etc. The Vendor is always on top of the latest tax laws (at least in the US) as well as always moving forward in the use of new technology while maintaining for those who haven’t quite caught up in technology. In addition, the system is open enough to allow the general super user to customize to fit their needs or for higher level customizations to meet even the most out-of-reach needs.

Cons

I personally came in after our Vista HRMS was installed and in use. What I found was our staff was lacking the training to make the system do what they needed. When inquiring our staff of this, it was expressed that the training they did receive was rushed and not understood. Since we went through a 3rd party instead of PDS directly, we were not able to work with PDS which reflected this lack of training. I cannot say that this is the vendors down fall exactly as I know my users but had there been a choice we would choose to work directly with PDS.

Melissa

I'm a new HRMS Analyst who has been using Vista 4.1 for almost a year, and am anxiously awaiting our "Go Live" date on Vista7.

I am genuinely excited to see what the future holds for the PDS group and Vista products. If you like personalized service and a team who genuinely cares about their customers you should definitely consider use of this product.

Pros

I love the multitude of layers available in security, and the ease with which the system can be customized to meet our needs. Customer service is top notch! It seems to me each person I've encountered with PDS handles my questions and concerns as if it were personally impacting them. I have never been made to feel like I should have known how to do something before reaching out for help and for that alone I am eternally grateful!

Cons

Vista 4.1 is a bit less user friendly than other HRMS systems I have used in the past, but I think this may be attributed to our initial installation and set-up. We are working to improve those things as we prepare to upgrade to the new platform.

Linda

Long time client, still happy with product!

Pros

We love the recent upgrade to Vista 7; it provided a fresh new face to the system. We also love (and value) the relationship we have with PDS Support employees. Always quick to jump in for assistance when needed and to follow up to make sure it worked. The PDS conference is well worth the investment. Networking with other users has provided so much insight into the system that we wouldn't have been able to explore on our own. Plus how many conferences do you attend where you can sit with the CEO and just talk?!?

Cons

Reporting within Crystal isn't always the easiest but we always find a way to report on the data.

Barbara

December 2021

Been a customer for over 20 years and extremely satisfied with the product

PDS/Vista has been an incredible vendor to work with. My manager told me that she wished all of our other vendors were as attentive to the customer and as easy to work with as PDS is.

Pros

PDS/Vista is on top of the ever changing HR/Payroll world. We love the fact that we can customize the application as we need to. The employees love the easy to use Open Enrollment feature and that they can view their accruals/pay stubs with one click. PDS/Vista customer support is the BEST in the business!

Cons

Some of the programs are still in COBOL but PDS is working to rewrite them.

Star

Benefits, HR and Payroll work well together

Looking forward to moving to V7

Pros

Improvements are constantly being made. Changes in benefits directly affect payroll. There is no need for duplicate entry. Exit programs make it easy to customize the software without requiring software changes.

Cons

Missing tracking of intermittent FMLA. Customs were required to accomplish this task that all employers must comply with.

Easy to Use and Customize

We have move our timesheet entry on-line and have integrated many other systems seamlessly. There support is excellemt

Pros

The vendor has created many user configurable application options that don't require IT involbement

Cons

Reporting could be better but they do provide analytics

Reasons for switching to Vista

Sage Abra was End 0f Life and not using current technology

Rose

Reveiw

Very please with software and customer support.

Pros

The customer service is very important. Software allows multi states.

Cons

The time it took to learn Crystal reports and the system files.

Reasons for choosing Vista

We have more control on setup and data.

Reasons for switching to Vista

Customer Service.

Keith

Currently in implementation - so far, so good!

We are going online with HR and Payroll, next will be Benefits Admin and Performance Management.

Pros

Full service program, covering entire employee life cycle. We are coming from a setup where we have 4-5 disparate systems "talking" to each other. Having everything under one umbrella is great. Love the base system model vs. chopping up and paying for modules. Very customizable to our processes, some of which are rather unique. Implementation team is great, very responsive. Very excited about the employee self-service components.

Cons

I don't think there is anything that I don't like at this time. There are things that we can't do 100% the same as we did before, but we can get pretty close.

Raissa

Industry: Wholesale

Great Support, Lots of Functionality

Pros

The software has lots of functionality. PDS continues to improve and add to the system. Every department is very responsive to customer needs.

Cons

Set-up can be cumbersome. Report writing - you need to have someone who is familiar with crystal reports to effective write reports. PDS does can help write custom reports.

Cody

Vista Review

Pros

The flexibility of customization and the back end reporting. The SQL ability was a must for our organization.

Cons

The applicant tracking system and the candidate drop off that we have. People have to create a profile and apply, would be nice not to have to create the profile.

Lydia

Vista Time has been easy to use and implement I wish other software were this easy.

Before we did everything manual including payroll now I know it saves time, energy and our time is more easily viewed.

Pros

Easy to change features within the system. If you want to add something it can be done to only a few people or a lot.

Cons

Reporting isn't easy if you want something different. The system has canned reports but anything else is difficult to achieve. Also the audit reporting isn't very clear.

Cody

LI PDS Exp

Pros

Flexibility and Customer service. The security in the system is also great for multiple companies in multiple pay groups.

Debbie

August 2015

Recently purchased and currently in implementation phase

Pros

Flexible full HRMS solution. This is PDS' core product line versus developers who also dabble in payroll, project accounting, accounts payable, etc. For PDS it is their bread and butter.

Cons

The old COBOL reports that currently exist in the system. However PDS is in process of replacing these in 2017.

Vista