All Wagepoint Reviews

Kevin

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2021

Great value for money for small business

Superb experience overall... wish all my experiences with SaaS providers was a strong.

PROS

Easy to use and good selection of reports. Easy setup for new employees and handy employee self-serve portal for paystubs + T4. As a small business with avg 10 employees Wagepoint is a low cost solution with all the features we need. Customer service has always been quick and great whenever needed. They responded quickly during the pandemic to incorporate federal wage subsidy programs which was amazing... saved us a tonne of hassle. Recently released ROE enhancements will be great when needed too.

CONS

Almost nothing we don't like based on our requirements.

Reasons for switching to Wagepoint

ease of use, cost and service

Virginia

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2019

Wagepoint Payroll System Review

Ive been using wagepoint for over 3 years and I love it and use it with all my clients that need payroll services

PROS

Ease of use and excellent customer service and price

CONS

Possibly the fact that I havent integrated it with QBO but I havent tried recently

Reasons for switching to Wagepoint

I was frustrated with their journal entries at the time when I was using them for payroll in a company with 35 plus employees. Their customer service was terrible and I value that over anything else

Hi Virginia! Thanks so much for your review. We're glad you're having a positive experience so far. If you're looking to integrate Wagepoint with your existing QBO account, you can follow our step-by-step guide to get yourself set up: https://wagepoint.kayako.com/article/58-quickbooks-online-integration Hope this helps! Thanks again for being a customer with us :) - Erika

Replied November 2019

Rory

Oil & Energy, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed November 2020

The epitome of getting what you pay for

The customer service is atrocious; I have an email chain documenting unimaginable buffoonery. The height of their incompetence would be hilarious on a show like The Office: I emailed to confirm they weren't making tax filings for a quarter (as I was in the process of transitioning to a competent service). They left me a voicemail that unfortunately the filing had already been made because apparently I hadn't clicked the proper toggle on the website, even though I'd requested from customer service several months earlier that the filings be suspended. I asked to have the filings emailed to me immediately to confirm what was filed. They refused, saying it would be posted to my account within a few days (but after the filing deadline, of course). When the filings still weren't posted by then, I asked where they were. Another rep responded that they were under the impression I didn't want the filings made, so they hadn't been done. If I'd like the filing done, they would - but charge me $75 since it was a $0-filing. I called and reached a receptionist who claimed he could only take a message and was unable to transfer me to a human being. Roughly a day later, a 3rd company rep emailed to report they'd made the filing (for free bc of the "confusion" but w/o actually consulting me on how I wanted to handle the situation). When asked how they planned to address the late-filing penalties, they warned that the responsibility for timely filings was "ultimately" mine. Are you kidding me?

PROS

I was initially attracted to (and eventually chose) this payroll provider for its simplistic cost structure: $22/payroll with all tax filings included. That turned out to be false - if you don't run any payrolls in a quarter, the cost for literally filing a bunch of $0s more than triples to $75. Additionally, I initially liked what I thought was a straightforward and user-friendly interface. That also ended up being false, with the clunky functionality not allowing for granularity such specifying which filings to make in a quarter or personalizing reports.

CONS

It's incredibly clunky, unable to be personalized and reports seem designed to be confusing and not align with each other. Want to specify that a tax filing not be made with one agency this quarter? Too bad; it's all or nothing. Want to compare quarterly tax filings with payroll reports? Sorry; they're formatted completely differently and unable to be modified. Want just a comprehensive year-end report? Sure, but that'll cost you upwards of $100. Additionally, the reports failed to indicate my corporate FICA contributions, so I almost missed taking that substantial deduction.

Reason for choosing Wagepoint

anticipated simplicity and perceived minimal cost structure, but of which proved false.

Josee

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Love the ease of use

Very easy to enrol at the beginning, they make it easy to use.

PROS

I love that all all need to do is to enter everyone's hours and the rest gets calculated for me. No need anymore to calculate holiday pay, it's all populated.

CONS

nothing I can think of at this point in time.

Reason for choosing Wagepoint

Easy of use and less expensive.

Reasons for switching to Wagepoint

Too expensive for a small company and not as easy to use.

Julia

Security and Investigations, 2-10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed July 2021

A great tool for payroll!

It is very helpful with all payroll responsibilities and saves time.

PROS

I love the user friendly layout and ability to use this anywhere I am. And the customer service is wonderful! They are very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable and any problems are handled very quickly.

CONS

We have the odd challenge with any changes to the software made by Wagepoint connecting with our QBO software. But these are quickly addressed.

Reasons for switching to Wagepoint

I wanted something that I could use while on the road and not be tied down to the office.

Joe

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed January 2022

Idiot-Proof Software

I always hated calculating stat holiday pay. Wagepoint takes care of everything. I don't have to submit employee hours or anything. They also take care of remitting the taxes to the government, another thing I hate.

PROS

Easy to adjust employee wages. Easy to add/remove columns eg. Commission, Bonus, Stat Holiday, etc... They calculate Stat Holiday pay. They remit the payroll deductions for you. Easy to create and view reports.

CONS

There was one time that I wanted to look up an employee's pay stub, but it had not been created yet. Not a big deal, but that's the only negative I can come up with.

Reasons for switching to Wagepoint

Issues with Rise combined with advice from my bookkeeper,

Susana

Great customer service

Excellent customer service

PROS

Save time at calculating the holidays and issuing the Yearly reports to CRA

CONS

The communication is through email rather than phone

Reasons for switching to Wagepoint

The director of the corporation made the decision base on the practicality to pay the employees using direct transfer rather than cheques.

Thanks for your feedback, Susana. It's very much appreciated.

Replied February 2020

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Fantastic Product

With the size of our plumbing company I'm thrilled with this product.

PROS

The ease of use is my favourite aspect of the Wagepoint software.

CONS

My wish list would consist of being able to flag reports that I use frequently. Not a huge concern but it would be nice to have your favourite reports section.

Reason for choosing Wagepoint

Ease of use and the price is very reasonable for the amount of time someone actually uses payroll software with having 5 employees.

Veronica

Reviewed June 2023

Easy to use and good interface

Love that it has reduced the amount of time it take me to complete this task.

PROS

Easy to set up, customer service is great and really simplifies the reporting and integration to QBO. Approving/matching journal entries vs creating them. A huge time saver.

CONS

WSIB support would be helpful, or links to references that would help determine appropriate registration requirements.

Reason for choosing Wagepoint

Integration with QBO, filing and remitting of payroll reports

Reviewed June 2023

Great app for Small Businesses needing payroll with a lot of autmation

PROS

Easy to navigate and use. Easy to setup and roll out.

CONS

There could be better reports. The ability to correct the CRA BN is crucial, yet the support says it's not possible. Email only support needs to be improved. Companies like mine should be able to have a telephone number for a dedicated support team / person.

Direct Deposit, Automation

Denise

Reviewed February 2021

Wagepoint is my go to for payroll

Terrific Canadian company - happy to have them in my tech stack!

PROS

Wagepoint support is by far my favourite part of using it; the auto run feature and employee portals are also great

CONS

The reports could be much better; sometimes I have a hard time finding what I need to report on specific employees or departments

Reason for choosing Wagepoint

Wagepoint is easy to use and economical

Reasons for switching to Wagepoint

QBO payroll had many issues and I needed an alternative

Janine

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2019

Excellent customer service to back up a very user friendly product

Aside from the report period variation described above, Wagepoint has been very easy to use and the customer support (when needed) has been very quick and helpful.

PROS

-Very user friendly for business owners as well as bookkeepers -Easy set up and clean dashboard -Employees love direct deposit and ease of access for paystubs/T4's -Business Owners like the WSIB and Tax payments

CONS

We recently underwent a payroll audit and had to produce 12 months of reports. Although the source deductions must be calculated and remitted monthly by Wagepoint on the back end, the only reports available on the user side were based on pay periods. Since my client has weekly payruns, it was very tedious to download each week and the auditor was not thrilled having to consolidate it and try to match monthly remittances.

Reasons for switching to Wagepoint

To ensure that source deductions were calculated and remitted on a regular basis - no more late penalties or fees for client.

Jane

Accounting, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2019

We use lots of Software. Among them, Wagepoint is my most favorite one.

Wagepoint support team helped me a lot. They created customized GL for my client, created incomes and deductions codes for my clients. Whenever I have question, I always get help. I have learned a lot from the support team. So professional and powerful a team.

PROS

Easy to use, friendly, professional, functional. I real appreciate Wagepoint Support Team's help. The excellence of the support team is the top reason for me to recommend Wagepoint to my clients.

CONS

I hope the deductions can be imported in the near future. I like the earnings import function.

Reason for choosing Wagepoint

Grant Thornton made the decision.

Kathy

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Love this product

Previous to Wagepoint I would use the online government calculator to calculate payroll expenses, never sure I did it right. I would have to do each employee separately and remember all the deductions or codes that applied to them. I then had to e-transfer funds. With e-transfer limits it would take 2 or 3 days to get everyone paid so I have to start on the 12 or 13 of each month and again on the 29 and 30th. This has been heaven. It took a learning curve and a few rough spots. You never know how good customer service is until you need it. They talked through my frustration and always understood how important paying my amazing staff was. They had several options available to them should a mistake happen. This is when I truly knew the type of company I was dealing with. I recommend them because they are there in the good and bad moments. That is true customer service.

PROS

I love that I can pay my staff in one transaction, the payroll taxes are paid for me and I can break down the different jobs they do to show the hours correctly.

CONS

I wish that we could show days the staff worked and add the actual charters they did (the name of the place) this would make it better for charter drivers. Same with school runs, if I could put the route and if it was am and pm or just am and the days it would help the drivers see it better.

Celeste

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2016

This software will make your life so much easier!!!

Wagepoint is so easy to use! Friendly staff who will go above and beyond-- couldn't imagine doing payroll without them!

PROS

-Ease of use-- this software makes complete sense. -Great staff with a fast response time. -Love how staff can check their own paystubs and T4s on their own online account-- environmentally friendly and time-saving not having to print them each time!

Hi Celeste, I'm so happy to hear that you love the app and our service. Amazing customers like you make it easy for us to go above and beyond :) If you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out to us anytime. We're always here for you. Regards, Leena Thampan Head of Marketing & Customer Success

Replied August 2016

Andrea

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed July 2021

Life saver…Time saver

My overall experience has been great with Wagepoint. If you need help you put in a request and they get back to you to solve the problem at hand.

PROS

With this software you just input the pay/hours and it figures everything else out, you double check to confirm and payroll is done! It’s very simple to operate and all reports etc are at the click of a button when payroll is processed. I had never done payroll before and Wagepoint made it simple and inexpensive.

CONS

I can’t think of anything I didn’t like

Reason for choosing Wagepoint

My accountant highly recommended Wagepoint.

Krzysztof

Reviewed April 2023

Excellent option for small businesses

Overall, Wagepoint appears to be a reliable and user-friendly payroll management software that offers good value for money. It allows users to automate their payroll processes, calculate and file taxes, and manage employee information, all from a centralized platform.

PROS

Users can easily navigate the platform and access the information they need without any hassle.

CONS

Integration with other business tools could be improved.

Sachin