• Pros

• "We love that the interface is mostly easy to navigate (for us and for the employees/employers who use it)"

• "Relatively easy to set up and implement. The customer support is also very competent and helpful."

• "Software is extremely easy to use and navigate. "

• Cons

• "It was a little tricky to navigate the setup, but the customer service was incredibly personal, fast and effective."

• "There were a few setup glitches related to IRS paperwork, but Wagepoint handled them well. I was satisfied with their service."

• "Maybe if you have a bigger company, you might want something more robust, but if you have a small company or just willing to pay off some outsourcing, this can be a great option."

Browse Wagepoint Reviews

Tracy from Serene Accounting

Wagepoint to the rescue

Great customer service and easy use of product.

Pros

As an accounting firm that processes payroll for many clients, it's nice to have a payroll software that is easy to use. Our clients love the online portal and we love that employees can update their own personal information. Wagepoint support is great, and helps us with the set-ups that are less straight forward. Thanks to Wagepoint year ends are a breeze.

Cons

Reporting, I wish list would be that when I find a report that I like that there would be a way to bookmark the report. Also better reporting that shows the remittances made to Quebec and Federal. Right now this all in on report. Also an approval process, so that once I have submitted payroll, that there was a final approval process by the client.

Reasons for Choosing Wagepoint

we were already familiar with Wagepoint, and we wanted to standardize a process throughout our clients.

Response from Wagepoint

Replied February 2020

Hi Tracy, Thanks for the great review. Your feedback on the reports will be shared with the team. Michelle

Gerry from Priority Business Solutions

Service Extraordinaire!

The AWESOME support team provides answers almost instantaneously for any questions or concerns. This type of response and caring are beyond my wildest dreams. Very seldom have I had to wait beyond 24 hours for a response, which may ask for further clarification of the question or it could be the needed answer and action requirements are spelled out for dealing with the problem at hand.

Pros

Wagepoint is very user-friendly and intuitive.

Cons

Silly as it may sound.....the pulldown menus....not being able to use the "triangle" and having to just click into the box has played havoc with my mind. There used to be a "knowledgebase" where you could go and easily find a solution to your problem without having to overthink how I need to ask the question to get an answer, before having to send out a note to the support team. This has now gone by way of the dodo bird and quite honestly I feel it should be revived.

Reasons for Choosing Wagepoint

Comparing various similar products Wagepoint was the best bang for our clients' hard-earned dollars. Right from the original discussions about the benefits of Wagepoint I was impressed with the quality of people and their knowledgeable responses to any questions and concerns we had.

Response from Wagepoint

Replied November 2019

Hi Gerry! Thanks so much for your positive review. In relation to your concern about our knowledge base - we switched systems a few months back, so the KB is now housed at wagepoint.kayako.com. You'll be able to find all our updated articles there for your reference :) We appreciate you being a customer and sharing your feedback! Please reach out if you have additional questions or recommendations. Thanks again! Erika

Phil from SALAS Inc

WagePoint Satisfied

The support teams are fantastic! Timely, personal interactions. WagePoint's ability to respond to the coronavirus government programs and processing of ROE's was impressive!

Pros

Remittances to CRA ROE submissions T4's

Cons

Best practice needed to integrate with QBO for benefit deductions, vacation pay accruals, other miscellaneous deductions.

Response from Wagepoint

Replied June 2020

Hi Phil, Thank you so much for the kind words. It's a pleasure having you as a partner as well! -Michelle (Marketing & Relationship Manager)

Jason from Green Essentials

Waste of Time and Money

Run away!

Pros

It had the appearance of functionality. At first, I thought they understood the withholdings and filings that needed to be made.

Cons

We had issues from the moment we started the setup process (which was not as straightforward as the web site led us to believe ). Many things needed to be clarified and corrected after the setup process and Wagepoint was not available for quick contact most of that time. Customer service is nearly non-existent. But the final reason we left was that their ACH processor, NatPay, suggested our business was related to products we have nothing to do with and WITHOUT PROVIDING ANY DATA placed the burden of proof on us. This happened without warning and Wagepoint simply parroted their inquiry. In fact, the evidence they asked from us was our URL, as if that would have proven anything. I could have given them any URL I wanted. This silly request from an already difficult little Canadian company (Yes, based on Nova Scotia) was not worth my time, trust, or effort and we fired them. Now, we pay them nothing to do what we were already half-doing to begin with to support our completely legal and ethical company that has nothing to do with the shady business they suggested. I would disagree with the user whose review stated you get what you pay for with Wagepoint. I did not pay to be irritated by a service company.

Response from Wagepoint

Replied July 2019

Hi Jason, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience while getting set up with Wagepoint. As a payroll company, we are required to put all prospective customers through rigorous screening before we can do business with them. While we're attempting to better our processes, there are times when legitimate companies get caught in the risk filters. This might be the case with your company. Unfortunately, as a company policy, we cannot override those decisions. I understand your frustration and I'm sorry that we couldn't work with your business. Sincerely, Shrad Rao, Wagepoint CEO

Markus from Bookkeeping by Markus

Wagepoint Rocks!

I very much enjoy Wagepoint - and if there's any struggles or questions, the support team is a quick email away. Their support team finds you the answer and actually helps you, which is why I didn't bother using QBO's built-in payroll... Their support team is nowhere near as helpful as Wagepoint's.

Pros

Compared to other softwares, Wagepoint sorts things in logical places, which in turn makes things easy to find. Learning the layout comes with ease. The auto source deduction remittances have also been a huge life saver - less things to worry about!

Cons

If there was a con, like a missing report or details we wanted to see, we simply suggested and asked if something like that could be created... And a couple months later, they actually made it happen!

Craig from Premier IFM

RUN RUN RUN AWAY

Terrible. Spend an extra 5-10 per month and go with a company that will actually help you out. I have done payroll for over 20 years. Ive done it by hand and have used other companies. I decided to try to save some money and went with wagepoint. BIG mistake and ended up costing me more. I had an issue on one of my end of year forms that needed to get fixed. simple fix. or should have been but getting a hold of someone that knew what needed to be done and then actually getting them to do it was a nightmare. On top of that they charged me $400 to have it done. Fine, I paid it. It was partially my fault. They were supposed to make all the corrections and make the corrections so it wouldnt happen again. NOPE!. Shame on me I continued to use them for the next year. Lo and behold the next year the same thing happens and then they want to charge me again to have it fixed when I already paid them to fix it the first time and they never made the changes. OMG I am fuming mad writing this review. They make me so angry, and I am not an angry person. PLEASE do yourself a favor and go with someone that will actually help you out and not try to rip you off and charge you twice for something.

Pros

price is the only good thing about their service. Despite the price I would never ever recommend this service to someone. The customer service TERRIBLE. Don't ever expect a phone call back.

Cons

Zip, zero, zilch customer service. The customer service terrible. The user interface is not very good either.

Reasons for Choosing Wagepoint

I thought I could save some money.

Response from Wagepoint

Replied March 2020

Hi Craig, First, let us apologize. Second, let me pass this directly to our head of support who will reach out to speak with you directly. Michelle

Michael from Sovereign Cloud Accounting

Top Canadian Option for Payroll

It is the only payroll software I use for my clients and is the recommendation I make to others when consulting on payroll software. Wagepoint is a great company with incredible people. In the past 18 months I have been using Wagepoint I have had nothing but incredible service and happy clients.

Pros

Customer support is incredibly fast, efficient and knowledgeable. Product is easy to use and thus my recommendation for small business owner's doing their own payroll. Reports are better visually than other payroll providers. Great value for money.

Cons

I don't like the prefill on the stat holiday calculation based on 1/28. In reality stat holidays are bit trickier to calculate in Alberta than a straight formula.

Reasons for Choosing Wagepoint

QuickBooks Online payroll is a disaster that needed way more testing before it was released. From my clients using it to do their own payroll I have seen nothing but problems that were difficult to resolve due to QBO support staff being unknowledgeable re Canadian payroll.

Virginia from Accounting

Wagepoint Payroll System Review

Ive been using wagepoint for over 3 years and I love it and use it with all my clients that need payroll services

Pros

Ease of use and excellent customer service and price

Cons

Possibly the fact that I havent integrated it with QBO but I havent tried recently

Response from Wagepoint

Replied November 2019

Hi Virginia! Thanks so much for your review. We're glad you're having a positive experience so far. If you're looking to integrate Wagepoint with your existing QBO account, you can follow our step-by-step guide to get yourself set up: https://wagepoint.kayako.com/article/58-quickbooks-online-integration Hope this helps! Thanks again for being a customer with us :) - Erika

Does everything you need

I recommend Wagepoint to all my clients. It is easy to reach customer support and use.

Pros

This software does everything you need it to do - it definitely competes against the market leaders (Ceridian, ADP) and is significantly less expensive.

Cons

I would like some more advanced reporting options.

Reasons for Choosing Wagepoint

Wagepoint does everything I need it to do at a lower price. It's ideal for small to mid-sized businesses. I have not tried it for larger companies, but I'm sure a price can be negotiated.

Susana from Lismont Professional Corp

Great customer service

Excellent customer service

Pros

Save time at calculating the holidays and issuing the Yearly reports to CRA

Cons

The communication is through email rather than phone

Response from Wagepoint

Replied February 2020

Thanks for your feedback, Susana. It's very much appreciated.

Kaitlen from Jade Consulting

Must Use Payroll Software

Wagepoint is our go-to payroll processor. It is super user-friendly, for both myself as the administrator and for our client's employees. We have 16 of our clients on Wagepoint, and that number is continuously growing as it's the processor that we recommend if our current/new clients are looking for a change, or haven't even started on payroll yet.

Pros

Wagepoint is extremely user friendly. They make all the functions super easy to find and navigate around the pages. Their customer support is extremely professional, and I have only ever had wonderfully helpful people. You are able to integrate to QBO and "push" your payroll journal entries to your payroll clearing account. Super easy to reconcile! Wagepoint submits ROEs, T4s, source deductions, WSIB, and EHT on your behalf. Never have to worry about manual payments!

Cons

Wagepoint is still growing, and it has some functionalities that are still in the works, such as being able to break out CPP and EI in a journal entry for separate departments, or being able to pull in project codes and times from T-Sheets to classify employee's work times automatically instead of manually. All of the basic+ functionalities work wonderfully though. The only viable method of customer support is through email, which can take a while if something is super urgent. Calling in can get you an 'urgent' status, but you still have to wait for someone to contact you back instead of being able to talk to someone on the spot.

Reasons for Choosing Wagepoint

Payment Evolution doesn't have the ability to remit ROEs on your behalf or T4s.

Monika from Lunan Accounting Services

Best Payroll Service out there!

I can rely on Wagepoint to be able to process payroll efficiently and accurately on a daily basis. If I need help, the support team is there to answer any of my questions and or solve anything that is out of the ordinary.

Pros

We are a mid-size accounting and bookkeeping firm and payroll is a large part of our services for both Canadian and US payroll. Wagepoint is the most efficient, easy to use, cost-effective and accurate payroll service on the market. The reporting is great and the support team is fantastic! I never have to worry about payroll processing. Our clients love that the employees have their own log on to retrieve paystubs and annual T-slips and W-2 slips. Overall - best quality payroll service out there!

Cons

None so far and I have used this service over 3 years!

Response from Wagepoint

Replied October 2019

Hi Monika, We are beyond delighted that you and your clients are so happy. Payroll is mission-critical and it doesn't have to be a pain. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Michelle

Jane from Grant Thornton LLP

We use lots of Software. Among them, Wagepoint is my most favorite one.

Wagepoint support team helped me a lot. They created customized GL for my client, created incomes and deductions codes for my clients. Whenever I have question, I always get help. I have learned a lot from the support team. So professional and powerful a team.

Pros

Easy to use, friendly, professional, functional. I real appreciate Wagepoint Support Team's help. The excellence of the support team is the top reason for me to recommend Wagepoint to my clients.

Cons

I hope the deductions can be imported in the near future. I like the earnings import function.

Reasons for Choosing Wagepoint

Grant Thornton made the decision.

Janine from Blue Lotus Consulting

Excellent customer service to back up a very user friendly product

Aside from the report period variation described above, Wagepoint has been very easy to use and the customer support (when needed) has been very quick and helpful.

Pros

-Very user friendly for business owners as well as bookkeepers -Easy set up and clean dashboard -Employees love direct deposit and ease of access for paystubs/T4's -Business Owners like the WSIB and Tax payments

Cons

We recently underwent a payroll audit and had to produce 12 months of reports. Although the source deductions must be calculated and remitted monthly by Wagepoint on the back end, the only reports available on the user side were based on pay periods. Since my client has weekly payruns, it was very tedious to download each week and the auditor was not thrilled having to consolidate it and try to match monthly remittances.

Nancy from SOS INC

Ease of Use and Auto Run

We required an online solution for payroll to integrate with our cloud technology. Not being payroll specialist ourselves, we have found WagePoint support invaluable. Their response time and insight is amazing!!

Pros

We have found WagePoint software to be intuitive and easy to implement. Their auto-run feature is fantastic! Set it and forget it for salaried employess. This has been a huge time saver for us. We have only recommended WagePoint to our clients since our first introduction to them two years ago. WagePoint fits well in our cloud environment.

Cons

There has been no query that support has not been able to address and solve for us. Our payroll needs are not advanced and WagePoint has been able to meet all requirements. We really have no cons to mention.

Carleen from Star Company

Great product!

Pros

I really like the ease of setting up a payroll to run and how simple it is to pay hourly and salaried staff. Updating employee data is simple. I also like that a GL can be assigned to particular earnings or deductions. I also like getting the confirmation email after the payroll has been submitted as a peace of mind to know that it's been processed. Customer support, although only through email, is amazingly fast and often resolve an issue within two messages. Integration with other timesheet apps is easy and makes processing payroll that much faster. The online support documents are helpful when you need a high level or quick answer to a question.

Cons

I find the reporting is very limited - it would be nice to create a custom report with specific parameters, as well as a choice of output options on the report. Some reports are only available in a pdf format, which is not always the best option. I also find mapping the chart of accounts for accounting integration is difficult and it is almost impossible to find where an error is without involving assistance from Customer Service.

Reasons for Choosing Wagepoint

We use this product for certain clients - ones that were already on the platform and we didn't want to make them switch to something else.

June 2016

Caitlin from Plum.io Inc.

Best payroll provider!

We switched our payroll from Ceridian to Wagepoint 2 years ago. I dreaded having to login to Ceridian because it was so archaic and not user friendly at all. It was so hard to find information. I could feel myself getting emotionally frustrated. I hated that I was asking my employees to also use such an outdated piece of software that would also cause them frustration and pain. Then I switched to Wagepoint and my biggest regret was that I didn't switch sooner. Wagepoint is sooo easy to use, it's incredibly automated and their team is incredibly helpful. I never have to worry about anything with Wagepoint. I never miss a payment, I never pay late because of a holiday. I love that it modern and easy for my employees to use. Using Wagepoint is the best decision I have ever made when it comes to payroll!

Pros

Automated. Payroll happens seamlessly every two weeks. Beautiful easy to use interface. Excellent Customer Service. I'm never late with payroll because of a holiday. My employees enjoy using Wagepoint.

Cons

I honestly have never come across a con while using this software. Anytime I've had a question I get immediate support.

Celeste from Fresh Restaurants

July 2016

This software will make your life so much easier!!!

Wagepoint is so easy to use! Friendly staff who will go above and beyond-- couldn't imagine doing payroll without them!

Pros

-Ease of use-- this software makes complete sense. -Great staff with a fast response time. -Love how staff can check their own paystubs and T4s on their own online account-- environmentally friendly and time-saving not having to print them each time!

Response from Wagepoint

Replied August 2016

Hi Celeste, I'm so happy to hear that you love the app and our service. Amazing customers like you make it easy for us to go above and beyond :) If you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out to us anytime. We're always here for you. Regards, Leena Thampan Head of Marketing & Customer Success

August 2016

Alison from Marcato Digital Solutions

August 2016

Amazing Payroll Software!

Wagepoint has been attentive to our needs and thorough with their service from the beginning when we started working with them in 2010. All the support staff are fantastic to deal with and the software makes the payroll part of my job a whiz.

Pros

Fast customer support, the ability to process everything myself, the ability to customize payroll needs, the use of automated reporting and automated remittance and the ease of use

Cons

Xero integration does not work in the easiest way for all customers

Response from Wagepoint

Replied August 2016

Hi Alison, We're just as excited about having you as a long time customer :) Thank you for all the kind words, and we appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback. I'll be sure to share your comments about the Xero integration with our dev team and and see if we can make it even better. In the meantime, if you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out to us via support@wagepoint.com, and we'd be happy to help! Cheers, Leena

Krista from Green Brick Labs

The best choice for a small - medium business

We have been with Wagepoint for almost 3 years now. There are a couple of features that I would like to see added, but otherwise the UI and functionality are quite good. The thing that really sets Wagepoint apart is their customer service. I am always impressed by their attentiveness, accessibility and ability to fix all of my problems!

Pros

The customer service and the intuitive UI. I also really appreciate the reminder emails.

Cons

I would like the software to pro-rate pay if I have a new employee starting mid pay period. I would also appreciate the option to rollback the payroll if I catch an error (however, their CS can do that for you if you ask!).

Response from Wagepoint

Replied June 2017

Hi Krista, Thank you for taking the time to share this review. We are actually working on a mid-cycle feature that will prorate the pay based off an employee's hire date, even if they start mid pay period. We'll be sending out an email notice when this feature is released along with some other exciting updates :) It is feedback like yours that helps us improve our product. Thank you for all your support. Cheers, Leena

Jennie from Moore Details Bookkeeping

June 2016

Wagepoint will eliminate your payroll pain

My practice was eager to streamline its workflows as it related to payroll. We have fully embraced Cloud Technology and with such needed to find an online solution for payroll. Since implementing Wagepoint our firm has saved roughly an incredible amount of time, we now can focus on what our client really want.....Feedback.

Pros

Not sure if 1500 characters is enough to mention all the Pros. So here they are in short form: Employee Portal for employees to view T4 & Paystubs and change address info. Direct deposit. Auto remittance to CRA for payroll deductions. Auto remittance to WSIB for workers compensation premiums, auto Record of Employment generation (perfect for seasonal clients), EHT remittances, easy reports to export to Quickbooks Online or other cloud accounting solutions. Employees can divide pay into 3 CDN$ bank accounts. Multiple pay groups allowed. Easy to implement. Customer service totally ROCKS!!! Easy request to auto populate deductions....AND HERE IS THE BEST PART.....it automatically calculates Stat Pay!!! Whoot Whoot!

Cons

I would like to see more time keeping applications be able to integrate into this platform.

Dana from Ridi Accounting LLC

One of the Best Payroll Softwares

Wagepoint is very easy to use and has always provide the most accurate info and reporting. Not only is it an amazing payroll software but their customer support is the best I've ever seen. I never have to worry about running into problems because I know that they will respond quickly and help me resolve and issues I have.

Pros

This software is extremely user friendly, it provides reminder emails, I am able to customize payroll and the deductions needed, and the customer support is the best I have ever experienced.

Cons

I do not have any complaints with this software. On the rare occasion that i have an issue, their customer support if on top of it. I never have to wait and always receive a quick response.

Deborah from NannyTax

We love Wagepoint!

Wagepoint has provided amazing support and service. Their product is exceptional, and their response to any situation is quick and reliable.

Pros

Wagepoint is available 24/7, is so simple to use, and is accurate an reliable.

Response from Wagepoint

Replied August 2016

Hi Deborah, We love you right back :) Thank you for being so awesome and supportive as a customer. We really appreciate it. If you need anything at all, feel free to reach out to us anytime. We're always happy to help. Regards, Leena Thampan Head of Marketing & Customer Success

Laura from Stern Cohen

Very fast responses!

Great - we love the software and the customer service!

Pros

The team at Wagepoint is amazing and their response time is impressive! We have contacted them twice in the last two days and they have responded back within minutes. The software is so easy to use!

Cons

The one thing I would recommend is that Administrator's have the ability to update their team members and the ability to assign clients to those team members rather than having the whole team able to access all the clients. This would help from an internal controls perspective.

Reasons for Choosing Wagepoint

Same reasons listed above.

Response from Wagepoint

Replied November 2019

Hi Laura! Thanks for your positive review. We're so glad you've had a good experience with our support team! We take great pride in our friendly service. Per your note on internal controls, that's a great suggestion about assigning roles within your partner account. We're currently working on updating a number of features for accounting partners, so we will definitely take this feature into consideration. Thanks again! Erika

Summer from Boxcar Social

Cannot do payroll without it!

I want to say a big Thank You to the support team! They saved my day many times!

Pros

1)processes are easy to follow and adjust. 2)Customer support team are amazing!!!

Cons

If I have to say one, sometimes it is hard to get reports as exactly what I want, but not a big trouble to me. Still functions perfectly.

Hans from Hotel Ambrose

Great payroll software and service, but could use polish

Pros

Love the series that come with the software. Payroll is fast in most cases. Track app is also really cool, but in obvious beta. Really looking forward to it becoming fuller (would be amazing to see scheduling and timesheet management!). Customer service is e-mail only, but they are super helpful and thorough.

Cons

The whole interface is a bit dated, and for some reason, everything is squished into a small division on a page. Making the window bigger doesn't show extra information. It seems limiting, and the next two issues probably stem from this design choice. Paying vacation is a pain. You have to take the accrued vacation, then divide it by their pay, so you can add it to the pay in HOUR format. Why not just have the information available on the main payroll screen and add it as dollar amounts? Strange manual work for a product that is so automatic otherwise. Adding tips is a strange too. You have to manually choose to add tips every time. Should be configurable to always show tips column, for example. Reports could be more customizable. Like totals for specific time periods. Quebec support could be a bit better.

Response from Wagepoint

Replied April 2018

Hi Hans, We are making some design upgrades to the product (estimated release by the end of Q2 2018) that I think will make the process a lot smoother for you. If you are open to it, I'd love to share the designs with you and get your thoughts. Regards, Leena

July 2016

Nicole from First service dental supply

Industry: Import and Export

GREAT and EASY to use

Use wagepoint for my payroll service and love that it is quick and easy to use. Helped us when our accounting program stopped being supported and tax tables were not available.

Pros

Ease of use and ability to access reports

Cons

That vacation is only accrued by percentage instead of hours as all our employees receive 3 weeks vacation and the accrual in wagepoint does not accurately reflect this. None of my employees are receiving notifications that their pay stubs are available.

Response from Wagepoint

Replied August 2016

Hi Nicole, Thank you for your kind words, and we also appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We took a look at your account set up and noticed that employees had not been invited to set up their Wagepoint self-serve accounts. We have taken care of this on our end, so moving forward, your employees will receive an email notification to let them know their pay stubs are ready for viewing. As for the vacation accrual, would you be interested in a demo of our paid time off management app, Luna? It's fully integrated with Wagepoint and vacation balances are automatically updated. It might help with the issue you are experiencing. Either way, I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Leena Thampan Head of Marketing & Customer Success

Tom from Caregiver Support Technologies

Great for founders

Pros

I LOVE Wagepoint. I can't imagine having to do all this stuff myself - entrepreneurs shouldn't be spending time on things like getting all the accountys right, worrying if they've made the correct filings with the government etc. My employee (hopefully making that plural, soon) loves it too, and he is not easily impressed by UX/UI.

Cons

The only think is that with the Xero integration, the reports don't export automatically. So, every two weeks, I have to go in and push a few buttons to send it to Xero. Honestly, not that big of a deal, and still way better than any alternative, but it will be awesome when they add that automation.

Reasons for Choosing Wagepoint

Integration with Xero, and a clean UI/UX gave me confidence that it would work better than alternatives, which seemed old by comparison. So far, thrilled.

Response from Wagepoint

Replied November 2019

Hi Tom, Love received and much appreciated. I'll also pass the notes on the Xero integration to the team. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. All the best, Michelle

Shawna from SSi Phoenix, Inc

Amazing Support

Wagepoint support is AWESOME. They are quick to respond to my questions and needs, very helpful and knowledgeable, very thorough and honest in their answers, and so friendly! I would absolutely recommend this team to any small business owner, they are just wonderful.

Pros

Everything an employer needs for payroll Set it up once, and it automatically handles payroll going forward Changes are at your fingertips Very reasonable fees compared to other payroll companies Great communications regarding deadlines, changes with holiday paycheck timing, etc.

Cons

I don't know where to find everything in the software when I need to make a change - but that is only due to my lack of experience/training in the payroll process and infrequency using this product; this is where Wagepoint's wonderful support team comes in and talks me through, step by step, whatever I need.

Reasons for Choosing Wagepoint

Pricing, support (Wagepoint's answers to questions were quick and thorough), friendliness of Wagepoint staff

Lindsay from Dirt Cheap Inc

Great Customer Support

Pros

Easy to use with tracking hours and importing into the bi-weekly processing.

Cons

Processing Terminations and ROE's is done after processing rather part of the processing. It's an extra step and can easily be missed.

September 2016

Bill from Smart Skin Technologies Inc.

September 2016

Wagepoint - great payroll service at a very reasonable price

Have used Wagepoint for about 3 years and have only had 3 or 4 instances when I needed any assistance. Each time they solved my issue in a super prompt and friendly manner. I have had previous experience with a different major payroll service provider and they are not even in the same league as Wagepoint when it comes to Customer Service.

Pros

Website is very friendly; easy to learn, easy to use and an average payroll requires very little time to complete. We don't even have to distribute paystubs. Wagepoint does that for us by providing each employees with online access to all their personal information.

Cons

Nothing is perfect but I can't think of any suggestions for improvement

Jaclyn from Hawkins & Co Accounting

Great for small businesses!

Easy to use and most clients are happy with the product. Their payroll remittance compliance and accuracy of the information improves significantly over manual processing.

Pros

I like the auto-run feature for all salary business as well as the easy to use software for processing pay periods.

Cons

The cutoff of 9:00am PST can be challenging to meet. It is particularly hard to make work if you run a Thursday pay date after a Sunday pay period end. We run into issues with this when converting clients sometimes that result in pay disruptions for employees.

Reasons for Choosing Wagepoint

Easy of use, ease of set-up, integration with Xero and cost

Kate from The Beanstalk Project

Perfect for our Small Business

Pros

Wagepoint's customer service is incredible. They never judge my limited knowledge of payroll processing and taxation issues, and always provide very clear instructions and options when issues come up. Not only that, they hold my hand through any troubleshooting that needs to take place (and often do it for me . . .). The system is fairly intuitive, and there are processes in place to prevent any major catastrophes from my lack of payroll knowledge!

Cons

It's tricky to figure out the pay periods (paid from -DATE- to -DATE-) because we are in a gig based industry, so predicting future compensation is not possible. Likely there is a solution that can be found in the Q&A and tutorials, but I have not explored it yet.

Ben from Roughley Insurance Brokers Ltd.

Easy to use and stress free

We originally used Sage Business Vision, a desktop product from the early 90's. It was garbage. Wagepoint allows me to spend time on important financial analysis rather then getting stuck in the weeds with payroll and remittances and missing filings. I never have to print out paystubs or T4's anymore. I can check it on vacation or send off-cycle payrolls in emergencies from anywhere with a browser.

Pros

The support team is amazing. The UI is intuitive. The remittances are stress free now. It's quite flexible.

Cons

There's not much not to like honestly. Maybe an easier way for employees to reset their own passwords when they forget them.

AYAN from Coast to Coast Property Maintenance

Assistance

The service when needed is extremely professional, helpful, and we are assisted in a timely manner. Anytime we have made mistakes we were assisted immediately and effectively. I appreciate greatly the service they provide and would recommend users to this software. It is very important to run a business efficiently and when you need help and have any concerns it makes our business run much more smoothly to have these tasks completed fast and correctly. The staff are extremely polite, understanding, helpful and ready to assist in any way which we value greatly.

Pros

Software is extremely easy to use and navigate.

Cons

I do not have any complaints on this product since I have used for the past year.

Joy from Bolloré Transport & Logistics

Excellent customer service

The software helps manage employees on different schedules, contractual and permanent. It makes it easy to pay workers, calculate taxes with ease and directly deposit the salaries to the employees using the software. It is simple to understand and user friendly.

Pros

I must comment on the customer support team, they are always ready to help and respond to customer queries. Is it very useful in paying contractual staff daily , weekly and montly.

Cons

It is only suitable for small organizations, this limits its use in large multinational companies.

Marc Eric from Cloudmeb

Best Canadian Payroll

LOVE wagepoint, always there to help and give assistance when you need it. Super easy and clean

Pros

Ease of use Clean interface Excellent service

Cons

Partner program New client setup and onboarding

Laura from Beach Fire Brewing

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Helpful and Prompt Customer Support

Time saver for year end reports and remissions.

Pros

Cons

The reports you can generate are not particularly customizable (and often not very helpful). I am also a Canadian user and it does not apply provincial labour laws to payroll (just federal). I also use Deputy for our schedule and time sheets and the uploads are not ideal (overtime, holiday pay, and sick days all need to be manually entered and retracted from time sheet uploads).

Denise from Denise Wright-Ianni, CPA Professional Corporation

Thank you for the outstanding customer service

Love navigating easily to client files and collaborating with clients!

Pros

Cons

Navigating reports can be challenging and changing settings too but customer service is available to help tweak what you need from your payroll program.

Reasons for Choosing Wagepoint

Customer support hands down.

Response from Wagepoint

Replied October 2019

Hi Denise, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we'll keep working making the reports easier and even more user-friendly. Michelle

November 2015

Crystal from Source Floor & Spec

November 2015

Most User Friendly Payroll Company I've Used to date!

Pros

The website is very easy to use both as administrator and an employee. I've used other payroll companies (Payworks & Ceridian) both as an administrator and an employee and found this very user friendly compared to other sites. Everything is very straightforward, explanatory and easy to find.

Cons

I have no complaints about Wagepoint to date. Everything on their website is very user friendly and easy to find. I haven't had to use customer service yet for anything however our administrator has and I know he's said they have been incredibly helpful any time he has required any help or had questions.

July 2016

Tina from Bio HiTech Energy Canada Inc.

Industry: Utilities

WagePoint is Awesome

It has been easy learning payroll using wagepoint. Customer service is great and very fast at providing help.

Pros

easy to use, great customer service, fast response

Cons

reports are confusing. Takes a bit of time to break all source deductions of EE and EP down to enter into accounting

Response from Wagepoint

Replied August 2016

Hi Tina, I'm really glad to see that you are happy with our app and our service. I'll be sure to share your feedback re: the reports with our dev team and see if we can make the process smoother for you. In the meantime, if you need anything else, please feel free to reach out to us via support@wagepoint.com at any time, and we'd be happy to help! Regards, Leena Thampan Head of Marketing & Customer Success

October 2015

Ross from Source Floor & Specialties Inc.

October 2015

Wagepoint is easily the best payroll service we've used.

Pros

They respond to email questions *immediately* - an absolute treat to deal with. I never have to wait long for an answer (like, a couple hours at MOST), and they're more interested in making sure that they've solved your problem and you're satisfied than just "getting rid of you".

Cons

Sometimes if you wait till the last moment to process your payroll their servers are busy, but it doesn't happen often.

Dana from Breeding insulation

Easy paycheck

It has saved ton of time and money and able to keep track of everything in one spot

Pros

Keel up with timesheets do payroll all in one saves time and money

Cons

Can't say anything negative at this time

Marko from FunnelCake

June 2016

Amazing customer service, easy platform

We're a small company and used Wagepoint from day one. The team has been fantastic in helping solve issues (like adjusting EI), educating us when we do something for the first time (like letting go of a staff member). The software is easy, but the customer support is truly the best part.

Pros

Ease of use. At first I was doing manually payrolls each week, but then got set up for automatic payroll and that made everything feel like magic.

Cons

Would like some additional support for when hiring a staff member to pro-rate their first pay automatically, but right now customer support helps with that.

Gurmohan from Dr Saajan Singh Saggu Dentistry Professional Corporation

Very Good Experience

Overall I have had a very good experience and if I ever need to I email the support team who are very prompt in responding

Pros

I enjoy the step by step process in inserting my employees information and their salary is automatically generated. It’s very quick and not time consuming.

Cons

I wish that each page would save automatically. You have to manually click the save button and if you leave the page without clicking that save button, you lose all the information entered and thus waste your time.

Response from Wagepoint

Replied February 2020

Thank you so much. It's great to hear from someone who's invested in smiles as much as we are.

John from JMS Services, LLC

June 2016

Wagepoint to the rescue....

"Thank You" for such a great payroll program. I was audited last week by the state tax department of WV and everything was perfect. I was able to go onto the Wagepoint website and pull off all the documents that the auditor had requested. I overpaid $173, but that was paid in by me, (my fault), before I switched to WagePoint. Thought you might like to know that it was a great audit and I was of course a happy camper. Your customer service people are also great to work with and they return phone calls very promptly. Super happy that I switched over to WagePoint, it is saving me hundreds of dollars a year compared to my old payroll system.

Pros

You can put it on auto pilot and it makes payroll life easier. It only takes me 5 minutes or less to do the payroll.

Cons

nothing I can think of...

Koren from OSI Outsource It Consulting Inc.

Wagepoint ROCKS!

So far it's been amazing. I can't speak highly enough about their support team - truly exceptional. The platform is easy to use, they have lots of great articles and support is always there to assist.

Pros

Support! Their support team sets the bar VERY high for other software companies - their response time is great (even with our time zone variance!) their staff is very friendly and helpful! They make me look like a rockstar to my clients! Clients love this app.

Cons

The reports....I never know which report I'm needing. I'd like to see a YTD report that shows ALL employees and totalled - similar to the sage detail report - clean and simple.

Response from Wagepoint

Replied February 2020

Actually, we think you ROCK!

Popy from Charity Republic

July 2016

Love Wagepoint, makes my life so much easier!

I don't often write reviews but this software makes my life so much easier and they have the best customer service ever. We run a software company and they model the type of customer service every company should offer. They respond to our questions right away and go above and beyond. They are also readily accessible via telephone, any time. Even during 'off' hours, we'll get a response.

Response from Wagepoint

Replied August 2016

Hi Popy, Thank you for being so awesome :) Customers like you make all the difference, and we wouldn't have made it as far as we have without your support. If you need anything at all, you know where to find me :) Cheers, Leena

Shivam from Analyze Re Inc.

Excellent Customer Support

Pros

. Very knowledgeable staff . Prompt service . Easy setup and workflow . Caters to all of our business payroll needs

Cons

There is nothing obvious that jumps out for me.

Response from Wagepoint

Replied November 2019

Hi Shivam! Thanks for your positive review. If you have any questions or feedback that come up in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out :) Thanks again! Erika

Christopher F. from NAMI TENTOU

Industry: Computer Games

Amazing Full Features Automatic Payroll!

It's been excellent and I hope to stay with them for years. I'm able to run my business without worrying about the headache of payroll.

Pros

I decided on this product just for the automatic tax filing of the 1099s/W2s and quarterly reports on my behalf. Anything to help save me time from doing any tax work is fully appreciated. The website actually goes well above and beyond with the free reports you're able to generate for your needs, the flexibility of modifying payments and running one time payments, it's so fully featured I'm amazed at how it's able to stay so cheap and offer so much.

Cons

If I had to name one thing it would be the lack of easy documentation for doing more complex payroll activities, such as garnishing an employee for child support but a simple email to their support email and I got my answer.