All Paylocity Reviews

Very Modern Payroll App

Nicole

Retail, 51-200 employees

User friendly HRIS

Paylocity has been amazing through and through. We have been able to do so many great engagement activities thanks to Community. Managers are able to submit journal entries on the go for quick responses and feedback.

PROS

We love the mobile capability for our team. Most features are accessible from smartphones, which helps our technicians in the field.

CONS

The benefits of EDI transfers were more of an issue that it's worth implementing. Rates changes and the open enrollment spreadsheet is cumbersome. It's our least favorite product.

Reason for choosing Paylocity

401(k) 3rd party administration.

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

Paychex was not meeting our needs as far as mobile technology capabilities.

Tessa

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Exactly What We Need

PROS

I like the ability for users to take control of their HR needs. Paylocity is easy to use, so we are able to control our individual payrolls, time off, expenses, and more.

CONS

Sometimes, things are buried and difficult to find.

Alison

Philanthropy, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2018

Persistent Issues/High Turn-Over

Their sales is excellent and they will sell you what they have while telling you they can make anything else work as they started as a "tech company." Be warned however, you never actually get to talk to a "tech person" if you have issues with their system and therefore, nothing ever changes. They also have a lot of turn-over and it appears that they lose their quality representatives to promotions and seemingly do not have incentive for those quality employees to stay in the representative positions. Those left to support the customer are typically very new and/or entirely unpleasant to work with. If you see exactly what they have during the sales pitch and it works for you, this company could work well for your payroll needs! I would highly discourage any employer from using this company if you have employees that work outside of typical daytime work hours. I do not have confidence that they are willing or able to fix some of the detrimental payroll issues that we are experiencing.

PROS

There are a lot of options that you can decide to use with Paylocity and like other reviewers, we were really impressed with the report options and capabilities when we were interviewing payroll companies.

CONS

We were definitely sold on a lot of options that we are necessary for us to run a smooth, effective and correct payroll but many of those have turned out not to be true. I'll describe out top three persistent, unresolved issues. For starters, we have employees the work overnight shifts and the way Paylocity time sheets are set up is that if you work an overnight, all of your hours fall on the day you clocked in. This is a huge issue at the end of the week when employees would get paid for overtime in that week if we didn't manually adjust their time sheets to split the shift at midnight. I'll state that again... we have to manually edit every time sheet to correctly prevent incorrect payment of overtime. It's extremely time consuming and often leads to more errors and Paylocity has failed to mitigate this issue at every chance. Secondly, some of our employees receive a shift differential if they work certain hours. Paylocity reportedly has a set up for this that "works at other companies" but in our experience, it is a serious disaster. Their code/rule/setup does not catch the correct hours for adding the differentials and does one of six things: 1. It does not add the differential at all 2. It adds the differential to some, but not all, of the correct hours 3. It adds the differential to hours that it does not apply to 4. It adds a double differential and on rare occasion a 1.5 differential 5. It adds random dollar amounts at the differential rate with no corresponding hours 6. It occasionally pays all of the hours correctly for one or two employees per payroll To sum this up, we have to review ever employee and manually adjust these calculations. I'll state that again... we have to manually edit every time sheet to correctly pay our employees. It's extremely time consuming and often leads to more errors. Paylocity has also failed to mitigate this issue at every chance. Lastly, we have been with Paylocity for almost exactly 2 years and are now working with our sixth company rep who can guarantees, like all the others, that they will solve this issue. There has been one attempt at resolving the issues that

1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

Well-rounded HRIS

PROS

I've had many employees mention how easy the platform is to use. I, myself, enjoy the ease of set up and administration. Especially when it comes to implementing NEW modules, the team has been great.

CONS

It can me almost TOO many options. But, for a certain size company, I can see the additional options becoming more important.

Maria Elizabeth

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Employee Self-Service Payroll

PROS

What could be more convenient for employees to have a software that is "Self-Service Payroll". Monitor your own paycheck, download W2 and tax forms during tax season, look for your timesheet, request time-off. I like the peer management where they greet employees' birthday or years of service for the company. I also like that you can use it in Mobile App.

CONS

I least like the always request of changing password. I know it's for security purposes.

Cherina

Marketing and Advertising

Used free trial

Reviewed December 2014

Paylocity - Web Pay

PROS

Paylocity Web Pay is so easy. I love the fact I have access to this portal from anywhere. This option allows me to transmit payroll, run reports, update records from home, vacation, etc. Adding/deleting new earnings/deduction codes can be done by me. I do not need to get the approval from Paylocity to update my account settings. Employees can easily find their way around the portal, if used frequently. It's a slow learning process but eventually they embrace it. Managers have access to their team's information so instead of me providing the info they need, they will log into the portal and look for the info. Report writing is very simple. I am able to customize my own reports. I still export into Excel and format it, but overall, pulling the info I need is easy enough to do. There is a phone app for Paylocity, which is employee friendly! This is a great option if you're not in front of a computer to update personal info and submit time off requests. Reports live on the cloud, so no hard copies are provided when payroll is transmitted.

CONS

One thing I like least about this product is managing time off. We use a different system to track time and unfortunately the two systems do not talk to one another. We Pay does allow for me to keep into account the employee's time off to reflect their pay. Unfortunately, because of our industry, the time off submitted is always not so accurate so the system is set up to only track time off requests. I manually have to enter taken time - info based from extracting data from other system being used. I don't know if this system offers mass updates. I don't know if I can change a deduction amount across the board. For example, I had to increase each employee's medical premium by going into their records. It would have been nice if I had the ability to mass update all the employee's premiums based on specs. I would love it if I can edit a canned report. This option is not available.

Kristine

Law Practice, 201-500 employees

Great Software

PROS

The program is easy to navigate and use.

CONS

Unable to clock in and out through the actual app

VIPUL

Apparel & Fashion, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2024

nice way to work with HR and employee related matters

PROS

Everything so far as it's one stop to do everything related to employees HR process.

CONS

Due to glitch sometimes it's not available.

Loraine

Retail, 11-50 employees

Paylocity

PROS

It is easy for everyone to use for clock in/out and getting paid.

CONS

Expensive for what you get compared to others.

Crystal

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed June 2024

Easy to use but you have to dig sometimes

PROS

Easy to log in and navigate overall. It is easy to pull pay stubs.

CONS

You do have to dig for certain information

Stephen

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Review for Paylocity

I am satisfied with the product but the service aspect of it can be improved.

PROS

The product has great payroll ability, and it has been mostly reliable so far. I like that it is easy to maintain data integrity in the system, and the self-service portal is also very helpful. Being able to manage benefits and payroll in one system is a big plus.

CONS

Wish it has more integration such as BambooHR. It also takes a long time to build an integration(3+ month for our 401k vendor). The spending accounts function also needs to be improved as it operates on a separate platform and the employee experience is subpar.

Reason for choosing Paylocity

Functionality, potential to operate both payroll and benefits in one tool.

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

We needed more control over benefits and overall payroll process.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2021

To move to Paylocity or not?

The integration was a large undertaking; however, we did them step-by-step. The payroll has been huge. We've gotten back hours to our days along with the reassurance that some random thing didn't go wrong with payroll that was previously out of our control. The piece of mind that everything is working as it should is worth all the effort.

PROS

The integration in the software with all of the different areas, i.e. benefits, recruiting, payroll, ACA, W2, timecards, HR all make it worth the effort to transition to this software. The company and software have delivered on all of the promises that were made when the software was pitched to us.

CONS

There are only small, personal changes that I would make. They are small picky things that I would like but do not hinder the software in any way.

Reason for choosing Paylocity

I do remember that we chose Paylocity because it was already functioning at the level we wanted and that the other platforms were promising to be in the near future without guarantee.

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

Paychex Flex didn't offer the integration that Paylocity offers with benefits, HR, timecard, expenses and all of the other features that Paylocity has. In addition, we continually ran into glitches or downtown with Paychex payroll platform. It was frustrating and worrisome.

Stefan

Semiconductors, 11-50 employees

HR Manager's Best Friend

I like Paylocity a lot and as a company we are very satisfied with the software and currently wouldn't look to change HR & Payroll systems unless something significantly better or more cost effective came along. As long as Paylocity keep moving forward and making the userability experience their focus we will remain a customer.

PROS

I use Paylocity everyday and find the software very user friendly. For our business size it is very cost effective for what you get.

CONS

There are some minor features that have bugs that I have bought up over a year ago that have yet to be fixed. The PTO tracking feature is not very user friendly and causes a lot of confusion amongst employees and admins alike.

Reason for choosing Paylocity

Cost effective, userability experience, Performance Management and Community features

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

PEO was too expensive and we hired a HR manager.

Eric

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Robust system, not the most user friendly

We have 100s of contractors who are managed separately from our full- and part-time staff. Paylocity enabled us to handle the different demands of both groups.

PROS

A very robust system. Keeps abreast of policy changes making it easy to consider options. Extremely function rich with many reporting options, sometimes to the point of fault in that it takes some training to become familiar with the system. Integration and customer services have both been excellent.

CONS

The system is not the most user friendly, but it adds functionality in place of user experience. For example, adding a new 401k/403b program took multiple calls with customer service to be sure everything was set appropriately. Same for HSA enrollment. The full product requires more than a basic level of technical proficiency.

Reason for choosing Paylocity

Feature suite for the pricing

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

Zenefits could only handle a limited number of contractors in it's system. Their benefits integration and customer service were not at the same level either.

Emily

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Easy to implement payroll software

Paylocity has simplified and streamlined our payroll process. After switching from another payroll provider, and paper and pen to record hours, it has been a seamless transition to Paylocity for our team.

PROS

Paylocity is intuitive and simple to use. Prior to implementing Paylocity, our team members used paper to record all hours worked. The switch to recording hours in Paylocity was seamless amongst our team members.

CONS

We didn't find any aspects of this software to be difficult to learn or use. If anything, I believe we could use more of Paylocity's features, such as applicant tracking and benefits management, as time progresses.

Reason for choosing Paylocity

The pricing and overall features offered by Paylocity surpassed that of ADP.

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

We struggled with Paychex customer service. Paylocity pricing was also more appealing to us.

Mitch

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Paylocity has been a great tool for our company!

Our overall experience has been very positive. The implementation process went smoothly and felt like we had a good team at Paylocity helping us get started with the product. The system was able to meet our pretty sophisticated needs and has been a very good investment if you are looking to move into a more user-friendly product.

PROS

Some of the best parts of this product is how everything is connected and works well together. There is no disjointed feeling as you move from one part of the software to the next. This makes life as an HR professional, payroll preparer, or general accountant a lot easier. We appreciate being able to place all of our HR processes and especially onboarding into Paylocity and eliminate a lot of busy work behind the scenes.

CONS

We wish the workflow software was a little bit further along but we have been told it is a priority in development right now so that is good to hear.

Reason for choosing Paylocity

We chose Paylocity because it was a good price for what they offered and the site was very user-friendly. Other products we looked at were not as easy to navigate.

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

We made the switch because we needed a software that was a little bit more sophisticated and more connected across all of its programs. Netchex could be a very good tool for some companies, but we needed one that was a little bit more advanced for our needs.

Michelle

Medical Practice, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Best Company I've worked with in a long time!

Great!

PROS

Paylocity has an amazing support team. When I need something, I call and someone is there to help me immediately. I never have to wait on hold or for a call back. Very user friendly!

CONS

The implementation was rough, that was three years ago, so maybe things have changed, but I was over promised and underdeliverd. The sales team needs to work better to truly understand all the things the systems can and can't do

Reason for choosing Paylocity

Better options for me and the needs of our organization

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

ADP customer service sucked! And their system isn't user friendly

Kristen

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Paylocity Review

Overall, I love Paylocity. I implemented Paylocity at my old employer and when I switched job, I implemented the new employer to Paylocity too.

PROS

The best part of this software is how user friendly it is. I also really like the customer service. Having my own designated representative is very important to me and saves a lot of time. We utilize a lot of the features of this software and really don't have any complaints. Whenever there is something that needs improvement, you can request an enhancement and the team will look into fixing it.

CONS

I wish there was the ability to quickly calculate time off balances on the employee screen while including approved PTO requests in the future. There are a few things in the performance dashboard that I didn't love, however I am hoping to get these resolved before next year with help from the Paylocity team.

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

Paylocity had ACA reporting at the time when Paychex didn't. Paylocity was a lot less expensive. Better reporting.

Tom