• Pros

• "It was easy to use and easy to set up schedules for staff"

• "Integration was super easy and support was great throughout the entire process. Onboarding with employees was also very easy."

• "Fairly easy to use and navigate. Good reports."

• Cons

• "The implementation was long and sometimes difficult. Even though the interface is easy to use and easy to change. Some simpler functions are missing."

• "The cost center drop downs could be a little more easier to assess as well as the notes but overall I do enjoy this program and it does make things easier."

• "with the new dashboard changes it was a bit harder to find what I need at first, but there are ample tutorials and it's easy to re-orient yourself"

Browse Paylocity Reviews

Nicole from Don's Appliances

User friendly HRIS

Paylocity has been amazing through and through. We have been able to do so many great engagement activities thanks to Community. Managers are able to submit journal entries on the go for quick responses and feedback.

Pros

We love the mobile capability for our team. Most features are accessible from smartphones, which helps our technicians in the field.

Cons

The benefits of EDI transfers were more of an issue that it's worth implementing. Rates changes and the open enrollment spreadsheet is cumbersome. It's our least favorite product.

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

401(k) 3rd party administration.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Paychex was not meeting our needs as far as mobile technology capabilities.

BARBARA from Skarda Equipment Company, Inc.

Very Satisfied

Having our payroll taxes and tax returns taken care of and the assistance in resolving problems. Saves us time and worry. Paylocity can accommodate the employees with every deposit needs and changes, which again save us time in trying to meet those requests.

Pros

The ease of processing is what I like most about the software. It is functional to our needs, especially the tracking of hours, wages, and benefits which make reporting and budgeting easier. Best customer service.

Cons

The most difficult to understand is the ACA tracking. Some employees always need fixing. Entering Holidays from year to year sometimes has issues in making sure that it automatically loads into employee files.

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

I was convinced that Customer Service was there and Paylocity's product appeared to be easy to use.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Customer Service became almost nonexistent. They we to a chat like room you were to go on with other clients to see if you could find anyone having the same problem or if anyone had a solution. I did not have time to search for my concerns or assist others with their concerns and my concerns should not become the concerns of anyone other than ADP.

December 2014

Cherina from Eleven

2.5

December 2014

Paylocity - Web Pay

Pros

Paylocity Web Pay is so easy. I love the fact I have access to this portal from anywhere. This option allows me to transmit payroll, run reports, update records from home, vacation, etc. Adding/deleting new earnings/deduction codes can be done by me. I do not need to get the approval from Paylocity to update my account settings. Employees can easily find their way around the portal, if used frequently. It's a slow learning process but eventually they embrace it. Managers have access to their team's information so instead of me providing the info they need, they will log into the portal and look for the info. Report writing is very simple. I am able to customize my own reports. I still export into Excel and format it, but overall, pulling the info I need is easy enough to do. There is a phone app for Paylocity, which is employee friendly! This is a great option if you're not in front of a computer to update personal info and submit time off requests. Reports live on the cloud, so no hard copies are provided when payroll is transmitted.

Cons

One thing I like least about this product is managing time off. We use a different system to track time and unfortunately the two systems do not talk to one another. We Pay does allow for me to keep into account the employee's time off to reflect their pay. Unfortunately, because of our industry, the time off submitted is always not so accurate so the system is set up to only track time off requests. I manually have to enter taken time - info based from extracting data from other system being used. I don't know if this system offers mass updates. I don't know if I can change a deduction amount across the board. For example, I had to increase each employee's medical premium by going into their records. It would have been nice if I had the ability to mass update all the employee's premiums based on specs. I would love it if I can edit a canned report. This option is not available.

Autumn from Minneapolis College of Art and Design

Paylocity is a game changer

This software has transformed how we work as an HR team. Further, it has made day to day processes easier and put data in the hands of leaders quickly, where in the past both things would have been highly time consuming and often paper based.

Pros

Everything? We are using time and attendance, payroll, benefits administration, learning, surveys, applicant tracking, and onboarding. We also use data insights frequently. If I had to pick a favorite right now, it would be learning (the LMS), as we have used that a great deal over the past year of working and training as a remote workforce.

Cons

None that I can think of. When we have had an issue, the support team is quickly able to address the issue and we are always seeing system improvements.

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

Agility, functionality, progressive orientation, pricing, and prior positive experiences on this software.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Needed a system more agile for use in higher education and which could meet our new progressive HR team where they are now and in the future.

Jennifer from First Choice Dental Group

To move to Paylocity or not?

The integration was a large undertaking; however, we did them step-by-step. The payroll has been huge. We've gotten back hours to our days along with the reassurance that some random thing didn't go wrong with payroll that was previously out of our control. The piece of mind that everything is working as it should is worth all the effort.

Pros

The integration in the software with all of the different areas, i.e. benefits, recruiting, payroll, ACA, W2, timecards, HR all make it worth the effort to transition to this software. The company and software have delivered on all of the promises that were made when the software was pitched to us.

Cons

There are only small, personal changes that I would make. They are small picky things that I would like but do not hinder the software in any way.

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

I do remember that we chose Paylocity because it was already functioning at the level we wanted and that the other platforms were promising to be in the near future without guarantee.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Paychex Flex didn't offer the integration that Paylocity offers with benefits, HR, timecard, expenses and all of the other features that Paylocity has. In addition, we continually ran into glitches or downtown with Paychex payroll platform. It was frustrating and worrisome.

Corina from TEETURTLE, LLC

So good, selected a 2nd time

I first used Paylocity 10 years ago at a prior employer when we were changing our payroll system. When I left that company last year, we were still using Paylocity and happy with the services it provided. At my new employer, I was tasked with finding a way to leave a P.E.O. and researched several other systems before settling on Paylocity again. For the functionality and the pricing, Paylocity was very competitive for what we needed.

Pros

The features that Paylocity offers for an entire HCM system is very easy to use and implement.

Cons

It isn't always scalable. Some features that get rolled out are in the early stages making them difficult to implement all the time because the pieces desired are missing. We had originally planned to use the recruiting and applicant tracking system but it would take so long to set-up, it doesn't make sense to move from what we have been using that has so much of our previous history already available.

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

Ease of use and familiarity were what eventually swayed the decision. Having used it in the past would make the transition easier for me and would allow me to get the system up and running quickly and utilize the features effectively.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

We wanted to leave the PEO and ADP was so expensive. It also wasn't user-friendly and required a lot of calls to the service team for assistance. When the customer service person is #2 on your frequently called list, it is time to find a new service.

Lisa from Sprout Pharmaceuticals, Inc.

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Easy to use, end users have been impressed

Pros

The end user employees are able to take care of most questions and issues themselves through the Self Service Portal. Our semi-monthly payroll entry is simple. Like how the recruiting information for a new employee rolls over to onboarding and HR seamlessly.

Cons

There are some processes that aren't intuitive. For example, setting up HSA bank accounts for individual employees. The integration with our benefits software is a little buggy. There have been errors and I still have to go into our benefits system to make sure terminations and new employees are rolling over.

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

Price for some and more comprehensive than others.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

ADP product with all the features of Paylocity was extremely expensive compared to Paylocity. ADP is still asking us to switch back but their "best" price is out of range for us.

Stephen from SendBird

Review for Paylocity

I am satisfied with the product but the service aspect of it can be improved.

Pros

The product has great payroll ability, and it has been mostly reliable so far. I like that it is easy to maintain data integrity in the system, and the self-service portal is also very helpful. Being able to manage benefits and payroll in one system is a big plus.

Cons

Wish it has more integration such as BambooHR. It also takes a long time to build an integration(3+ month for our 401k vendor). The spending accounts function also needs to be improved as it operates on a separate platform and the employee experience is subpar.

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

Functionality, potential to operate both payroll and benefits in one tool.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

We needed more control over benefits and overall payroll process.

Sarah from Kodiak Cakes

Terrible implementation, customer service, and not user friendly. I'd give 0 stars if I could

If it weren't a hassle to switch systems, I would switch in a heartbeat. This is a terrible platform and I am unimpressed with the company as a whole.

Pros

We needed an HRIS that would house all employee info, reviews and process payroll. It does this. Barely.

Cons

Customer service is horrendous. We were told we would have an "Account Manager" That indicated to me that I'd have one person who answer my emails or phone calls. That is not the case. It's a customer support center staffed with new employees who don't know the system. I have walked them through their own system on multiple occasions. We have had a handful of critical payroll processing mistakes made because the "account manager" walked me through the process incorrectly. I spend about 2-3 hours a week on the phone with customer support to get answers to what should be simple questions. I've requested supervisors multiple times, they have promised to get back in touch, but no one reaches out. You are on your own. Implementation was a disgrace. Our first implementation consultant disappeared and no one knew where she went. The 2nd one started but disappeared for 2 weeks and suddenly reappeared. Despite hours upon hours to meetings to implement the system, the most basic things like PTO policies were still incorrect. I've been fixing implementation errors for over a year now. Complete lack of good UX. They need a new UX team. The Help Section is laughable. Not even their customer service can find help articles that are applicable. They have a lot of reports, but finding what you need is nearly impossible.

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

They had better reviews and referrals and they integrated seamlessly with our ben admin tool

Needed to move from a PEO to HRIS

Jessica from SitusAMC

Paylocity Feedback

It has been one of the most challenging HRIS payroll system I have used in comparison to other systems on the market.

Pros

I like how it integrates different services into one system such as onboarding, database management, etc.

Cons

It's not easy to navigate since there are more than one way to accomplish a task so it lends to a lack of consistency in data if someone else is using it differently. Do not like the way new updates are launched without notice or training. The report feature is the most difficult to use than any other HRIS or Payroll system I have used in the past such as Paycom, ADP, Paychex, Compupay, etc.

Unknown

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

This was a company decision.

Sharon from Fairfield and Woods, P.C.

Paylocity consistently meets our needs and provides support when needed.

I found HR & Payroll so unbelievably easy to use that we soon added the user friendly Time & Attendance module, later, the Expenses. We delayed adding Expenses because they did not yet have the Proxy setup. As soon as they got that going, which decreased the time we spent on expenses reimbursements by more than two thirds. When Covid shut our office down last March, I was so glad I was already established with Paylocity and had already begun to look into more features. We were able to quickly add Onboarding, Performance Management, and Benefits Enterprise, so we transitioned pretty seamlessly to a remote working. Impressions are a big hit with all of our employees. Great way to hand out kudos.

Pros

The thing I love most about Paylocity is having all the various modules that make my work life easier. We transitioned our payroll to Paylocity in 2015 because our service at the time did not have ACA compliance capability. The ACA compliance was the most important feature, and it continues to be something I rely on. We have since added many other features, all of which solve our business needs.

Cons

The one complaint I have about Paylocity is that I cannot impersonate a user. I don't know what users see on their screens and that makes it difficult for me to walk them through any processes, especially now that I cannot just walk over to their desk.

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

Same features but much lower price.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Many reasons, but mostly because they had no ACA Compliance capability

Becky from Straz Center for the Performing Arts

Highly Recommend

Overall, I've been really really with Paylocity. I think they've done a really fantastic job updating the system for COVID related issues such as FFCRA, ERC, etc. For that, I am very very very thankful.

Pros

The customer service is really great. I am able to call my dedicated service person any day of the week and they know me and my needs. If my dedicated service person is ever unavailable, then the other reps i contact are very helpful as well.... you don't see this with every HRIS system. They also seem to care about our requests for system improvements which I think is critical. I find this system fairly easy to use given my experience with other systems. The reporting is good for the most part although some custom reports cost extra which is not cool. I have really enjoyed the in-person conference offered to clients especially since they let clients meet one-on-one with the actual product developers and ask questions and make suggestions for needed upgrades. Upgrades come on a regular basis and are available to users immediately without changing "products" which is fantastic compared to some other vendors.

Cons

The modules i am not using like applicant tracking, recruitment, onboarding, benefits management, etc. aren't really built out enough to make them worth the high price. I still have to use other software for all of those services because i've found better vendors that do most of what i need and they aren't as expensive as the Paylocity add-on. It's too bad, because I'd really like to use one system for everything. Upper management is not accessible which is disappointing. There is no way to add volunteers and independent contractors into the HRISI system for free - this is usually available from HRIS systems.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

When I arrived, the company was ready to make a switch but I spent a little time learning Paylocity and we ended up staying. From what I understand, the service was significantly improved from the company's prior experience and for that I am very thankful for. I'm really happy we stuck it out with Paylocity and found a way to make everything work.

So many functions - so many complications

The customer service team is on call all the time. The trainings are super helpful and they really want to help you. They did everything they could that their system allowed for and the tried their hardest to help transfer and transition as much data as possible. Not everything updated during the last update and we had to manually a lot of profile and payroll issues because of this. Because of how amazing their support team is, they get a lot more stars. Also, there's so many functions, I haven't even used them all!

Pros

Paylocity is really amazing. I love the community/engagement section. I love that there is so much data you won't even know what to do with it. I love that the historical information you put in actually has a purpose beyond storage. Information is analyzed internally by the system and gives you insights. The LMS system provided has so many great trainings not just as an admin, employee, or supervisor using the actual software, but also for other types of leadership and soft skill training too! Onboarding is AMAZING. You can track every little thing, include every document needed, it walks the admin and the employee step by step so you can't miss a thing and you can assign tasks to people in the company!

Cons

l know I said I love this software but by jove, it also drives me CRAZY how hard it is to navigate and how some functions that our Paylocity support team has let us know many people complained about and that they are "working on the feature". Offboarding is a NIGHTMARE. Everything I listed about onboarding, not a single feature is available when an employee separates. IPP goals don't let you list team goals! Only individual and department and cross functional collaborate goals. UGH. You have to go into settings and configure your workflows all the time! WHY! The dashboard is TOO confusing for some people-this is NOT technologically inept friendly at all. You cannot change your view to the employee view to see what they are having issues with unlike our last HRIS system. This is very very frustrating because I can only navigate and let the employees know where to do and provide resources but not see what they are seeing and work from the back end for them. A lot of their data insights are worthless when you transition. It's literally like starting from scratch. Even if you have tons of history from your old system, they don't translate and you have to wait 3-6 months before you can start taking advantage.

Ean from Cedar Band Corp

Fantastic all in one

Overall, now that everything is set up and correct, we couldn't be happier with the system. It does everything we need, plus some, and it's an all in one portal instead of having to log into 5 or 6 different systems all the time. The employees love it also since they can access everything they need in one place as well.

Pros

This combines several different services together in one place. Recruiting, HRIS, payroll, timekeeping, and even benefit admin are all in one system. Using one database for all of these systems, there is no repeat of data entry, which lowers the opportunity for mistakes dramatically. The employees have access to their own profile and can make changes and view their paystubs and tax documents at their leisure. Getting rid of the multiple different service providers saved us a bunch of money at the same time.

Cons

Implementation of a new system always has its issues, but the implementation team for our job seemed a little inept. There were several mistakes made that took quite a bit of time (both my team's and their's) to fix.

James from American Homes

Payroll Management

In general, we’ve had a good experience with this software. Paylocity has worked well to meet the payroll needs of our company. IT’s been easy to use and helps us to quickly and efficiently take care of the employee timekeeping and payroll each week. Paylocity manages all of the direct deposit, payroll deductions, payments to tax agencies, insurance companies and garnishments, et cetera, so that we don’t have to employ an in-house Payroll expert. Employees have an online profile that they can log into, where they can manage their information and can pull up their pay history. In a small company like ours, we appreciate the ability to oursource the heavy lifting of the payroll responsibilities. Paylocity has done a great job in this regard, and they are responsive when we need to give them a call for support.

Pros

Once you get Paylocity set up, the interface to input employee information and employee time is pretty easy to use, and we have never had issue with any software “glitches”. Whenever there has been any error, it was because of garbage in, garbage out. Paylocity automates all the payroll processing, so as long as the correct data is input each week, the whole weekly payroll process is painless and mostly effortless. The software's reporting features are good, and offer plenty of standardized reports that fit our needs, so we're able to easily handle the payroll accounting with our small office staff.

Cons

Paylocity's support is OK, but could be better. We have an account manager that handles our account, and you have to call or email your account manager. If I need an explanation, or support with an issue, leave a message and have to wait for her to get back to me. Often it takes a lot of back and forth to get the issue resolved, usually days, not hours.

Kristen from Sagamore Spirit Distillery

Paylocity Review

Overall, I love Paylocity. I implemented Paylocity at my old employer and when I switched job, I implemented the new employer to Paylocity too.

Pros

The best part of this software is how user friendly it is. I also really like the customer service. Having my own designated representative is very important to me and saves a lot of time. We utilize a lot of the features of this software and really don't have any complaints. Whenever there is something that needs improvement, you can request an enhancement and the team will look into fixing it.

Cons

I wish there was the ability to quickly calculate time off balances on the employee screen while including approved PTO requests in the future. There are a few things in the performance dashboard that I didn't love, however I am hoping to get these resolved before next year with help from the Paylocity team.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Paylocity had ACA reporting at the time when Paychex didn't. Paylocity was a lot less expensive. Better reporting.

Anne from UBE Machinery Inc.

Industry: Machinery

Paylocity makes HR processes painless

The integration of their modules make it easy to track employee participation and completion. I love having a digital record of all HR processes - compensation, performance reviews, training, tax documents, etc. Less paper in the employee file. The information is readily available to associate's who are able to ask relevant questions to HR.

Pros

I love the suite of integrated platforms. The work flow from Applicant Tracking to Hiring to Web Benefits. It all fits together and makes daily tasks so much easier.

Cons

It was a challenge to get the COBRA file information flowing to the carriers from Web Benefits. It is difficult to make a change to submitted time off requests. The entire entry must be deleted instead of allowing for modifications.

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

Paylocity was a full cycle suite of HR software modules that allowed for the seamless flow of data. It makes every day tasks easier to track and process.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Paychex software was challenging. We did not have the full suite of products which lead to some disjointed processes. The benefits software was challenging and difficult to use.

Very few kinks

Overall, implementation was good and reporting is one of the few bumps. We expect as we use the system and learn it better, we can make it work for us.

Pros

It was easy to roll over into paylocity from our old system and we like that we are able to still cut payroll checks in-house. The time management and benefit feature is nice and the portal is very user-friendly.

Cons

This was the most expensive solution we looked at. While we decided it was probably the best for our uses, the jury is still out on whether it is worth the money or not. We have found that our old system produced better reports that were specific to our industry (restaurant) and that Paylocity does not have the same reports set up.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Compeat dropped their payroll module.

Cheryl from The International Association of Lions Clubs

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Paylocity our trusted partner

Overall very positive. Implementation went very smoth

Pros

Comprehensive HRIS system. We use for payroll, benefits, onboarding and time & attendance. Mobile app is good.

Cons

I can't think of anything at the moment.

Bandwidth and cost

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Paycom could not work with our 37.5 hour workweek. Our payroll analyst had to manually change all hourly from 80 hours per pay period to 75.

KRISTI from Medic Ambulance Service

Good product

Overall, we have enjoyed Payolocity as our payroll software. My only complaint would be some features that we are not able to change or integrate with other software for our industry and I feel like Paylocity has grown significantly since we originally purchased the product and there is a small decline in promptness of reply on support issues.

Pros

Our office enjoys Paylocity for our payroll needs. It is very user-friendly and customizable to our industry.

Cons

The Onboarding module has had multiple issues when attempting to make changes or having employees cause an error that can't be fixed by administration.

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

We had a bad experience with ADP prior due to them not being able to handle the complexity of our payroll hours, rates and industry.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Paychex was extremely outdated when we made the switch and our sales rep had previous experience with Paychex and so the transition was easy.

Jacquelyn from WestPac Investments

Excellent Payroll Service

Paylocity has made our jobs easier, more accurate, more efficient and take less time to look up the history of an employee. If something goes wrong, Paylocity fixes it right away, their customer services is impeccable, they are attentive and very knowledgeable in the payroll and hr field. I love that they are compliant in each state which makes making sure we are compliant in all areas easy.

Pros

I love Paylocity. The reports are easy to use, I can even create a custom report for exactly what I am looking for. I love the ease of adding a new employee, setup between multiple services is amazing and makes our job that much easier.

Cons

Transferring an employee between different companies. That section does not work properly. I feel that I should be able to click on what I would like to transfer from 1 company to the next.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Paychex moved money in an owners 401K without his permission.

Jessica from Ross & Baruzzini, Inc.

A Member of our HR Team

From the very beginning, we have been treated as valued customers and partners. Integration is never easy, but the team was organized and kept us focused on what would come next instead of worrying about the big picture. They've got it down! We love Paylocity and are often approached by other companies asking us to view their product. My response is always that I can't even image what they have could be better than what we have with Paylocity.

Pros

Paylocity is easy to navigate for our employees. A busy, growing company needs all the help it can get in helping employees be somewhat self sufficient. We are able to keep all of our employee data in one spot and have easy access to customizable reporting. Our service support team is responsive and so helpful. We don't have to be experts in anything when we have them working alongside us to solve problems and issues that arise with benefits and payroll administration.

Cons

Can't think of anything I dislike., we have been very pleased!

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Needed a technology upgrade, lower cost.

Adam from Gladiator Law Marketing

Does what I need it to but there are better options available.

It processes payroll down to the local level accurately and on time. The system can also track employee performance which we use for routine employee reviews. It is nice having an all in one solution for my HR needs.

Pros

The customer service is fantastic and really easy to work with. I like the company. As to the software, it does what I need it to. They process the payroll on time and without errors. Getting it setup can be time consuming but once it is setup, fairly easy to use. I am also an internet based business with employees in several different states. They are able to process payroll for all of the tax jurisdictions down to the local level. The software saves me countless hours every month/year.

Cons

The software doesn't 'just work' for a couple of reasons. The first, you can screw the system up and there are plenty of ways to do so. You have to know how it works, so the system isn't dummy proof. Second, there are a few items where you have to game the system to get it to work. As in, if you don't put a check mark here it won't do what you want but it isn't intuitive enough to know you need that check mark. It isn't the best for small business. And I do get the feeling the system is built for larger enterprises. There are a few minor features missing that I have used in other systems that help run a small team. Like being able to sync my outlook calendar to PTO requests or birthdays. You can export those dates, but it won't automatically show up in your calendar like other systems do. While there is a portal for employees, my employees have a hard time understanding how to use it. It isn't super complicated but also not super intuitive. I don't have a problem as the administrator of the system because I am in there all of the time. But for employees that might log in once every couple of months, it can be kinda annoying for them.

Chandler from Anderson Paper and Packaging Company

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Paylocity has a great online portal, but their is a learning curve

I enjoy Paylocity, but their have been multiple instances that I've submitted something to my support team to take care of and it never got done, so I had to do it all manually myself. This included Schedule implementation of PTO/Sick Accrual balances, ACA reporting fixes, etc.

Pros

I like that Paylocity has moved us from manual time cards to an all electronic punching from a kiosk that spreads the company responsibility to managers and employees instead of relying on one person to manually calculate and monitor everything such as PTO/Sick/missed Punches/ absences/ OT rounding/ACA requirements etc. The program gives you a lot of good reporting features and processing payroll is relatively intuitive. Have very kind support staff to call and the wait time to speak with someone is very quick, unlike some other companies that I have worked with that took 45 minutes to speak with someone regarding our payroll which is time sensitive. They also do not rely on D&B ratings for Net Pay Liability Cap before requiring reverse-wires.

Cons

Their portal has a lot of functionality, but most of the time I am having to call the support team to check on why something didn't work/get implemented and they have to guide me through a process that was never brought up during original implementation. Some times when I request new schedules or fixes we get incorrectly billed and the fix never gets completed and no follow-up after they inform that they will look in to it further.

Krissy from Lloyd Jones

Easily Manage your Timecard, PTO, Benefits, and More with Paylocity!

I have used this service for clocking in/clocking out an managing employee time cards.

Pros

One of my favorite things about Palocity that makes it stand out from other software is the ability to customize and make a profile. You can connect with other teammates, and give each other props and recognition. It really helps build internal relationships, which is a really unique feature for a payroll software.

Cons

The interface for Paylocity is a little confusing in my opinion. It can be a little difficult to navigate the platform when you are new to the software. Sometimes I feel like commonly used tabs/links require a couple of clicks to access, instead of being readily available on the main homepage.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

We made the switch due to more features offered by Paylocity.

Cher from CSP Technologies

Industry: Packaging and Containers

A Good Fit For Us

Our experience overall has been a good one. Personally, I believe Paylocity is a good fit for our company. It’s enabled us to manage all of our payroll needs for our company, including multiple departments and cost centers. Processing payroll is fairly easy and straightforward. Paylocity handles all of the payroll deductions and sends the payments to the appropriate tax/government agency/insurance company etc. Employees get an electronic pay stub which can be printed if they wish. By going into the Employee Portal, they can also view or print their older pay stubs at any time. This gives employees a lot of visibility into their own pay history. Some employees have had difficulty navigating the system but most seem to appreciate the employee portal.

Pros

Paylocity's WebPay offers a large number of standard reports, and also the ability to create custom reports. I haven’t tried to create a custom report as the reports we use were already created and in use by the time I was hired. I have to say that I’ve found the reports we use give me all the information I need as an accountant, and I’m happy with the level of detail I have access to in the reports and the ability to export the data into an Excel file. We're quite pleased with the customer service we've received. We have a dedicated payroll specialist at Paylocity who has been very responsive whenever we’ve needed assistance. Sometimes she will need to look into an issue for me and get back to me. She always comes through in a timely fashion and we have no complaints about support.

Cons

Some of our employees have complained that they have trouble navigating the employee portal. Typically these have been employees that aren’t terribly tech savvy, so if you have similar issues there could be a learning curve but eventually most can learn to use the system without too much trouble.

Shelby from The Family Counseling Center

Family Counseling

Our account rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been phenomenal and her support has been invaluable to us.

Pros

The customization of features and flexibility of different functions. Also that there are so many options you can integrate into one package. We have many different pay types that we accommodate and Paylocity really seemed to fit out needs.

Cons

We haven't had the best customer service experience and often get referred to the help database when that is the first place we check before reaching out. Some of the things we established in our setup phase were not carried out properly and took some time to fix.

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

The communication of the account rep, options for adding features, fair price, features fit our needs

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

We were very unhappy with the service we were receiving for the price.

Gina from Strategic Capital

Overall, I have had a positive experience with Paylocity. We have recently integrated more of our benefits with their system and it seems to be a seamless process.

Pros

Processing payroll is easy to use with Paylocity. Standard reports are useful. Customer support is helpful.

Cons

I don't like that if you have a payroll tax question, for example, you can not directly talk to a tax professional. I understand that they can't instruct us what to do but I still feel advise should be allowed. Also, creating reports is not always that simple. The report writer is a little cumbersome.

Additional features

Laurie from Park Bank

Paylocity, an intuitive and robust HRIS

Overall, our experience with Paylocity has been very positive. Their website is easy to use. Knowledgeable assistance is readily available by phone, email, chat, or educational resources if questions arise.

Pros

Paylocity's modules are intuitive and robust. Enhancements are regularly rolled out to improve and increase functionality. We continue to look for opportunities to leverage this to our advantage. The level of customer service and availability of helpful resources is by far the best we have experienced. We're very happy with our decision to partner with Paylocity.

Cons

The Performance module has been strengthened in a number of areas recently, which we appreciate. Review Items (i.e. job-specific competencies) is one area that would benefit from a closer review. Currently, there is not an easy way to determine which positions have been assigned a specific Review Item. This can make resolving discrepancies very challenging.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

We were looking for an HRIS that met our needs with a high attention for detail.

Cil from TradeLink

Paylocity Review

I used Paylocity everyday, multiple times a day! The "all in one" concept is something that many (mid-sized) employers will be drawn to with Paylocity. They provide strong in payroll and automated benefits administration functions, we also use Paylocity for all of our HR needs (HRIS, self service portal, time cards, etc.). I am very new to the product and transitioned with little/no training. The online training options work well, but the major plus is Paylocity's customer service.

Pros

The "all in one" product allows for one-stop-shopping for any HR administrator who is in charge of data management (HRIS), payroll, and/or benefits. Many of the functions are very easy to use. Their customer service is really phenomenal. They are extremely knowledgeable, courteous and VERY patient. This is true on both the HRIS side and benefits side. We also just "installed" their new Onboarding tool (including E-verify) and it works seamlessly.

Cons

Our company has an international reach with 2 offices outside of the US. Paylocity doesn't extend past the US for HRIS and/or payroll. Although those offices are small, we continue to find "work arounds" for the this limitation. Also, we have a fairly unique time keeping system and on several occasions we have "stumped" Paylocity with questions regarding our time cards/schedules, specifically not auto generating new schedules after payroll is run.

Jennifer from Home Bay

Your One Stop Shop for Payroll and Everything else related to HR

Overall, I'm very happy with choosing to use WebPay from Paylocity as our main payroll tool.

Pros

We were able to completely customize our Paylocity instance for our business needs - which are unique and varied. You get partnered with a team member at Paylocity that helps you build out the tool and trains you on how to use it. Plus, all of this was available at a price point that was comparable to payroll software that does a lot less.

Cons

It is somewhat difficult to use for both admins and users. It doesn't have a simple/easy to understand interface.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Gusto didn't handle complications like hourly pay, 1099 contractor pay, etc. very well.

Carrie from cedar hammock golf & country club inc.

Paylocity Review

My overall experience has been good with Paylocity.

Pros

Paylocity is in my opinion a very user friendly software to navigate. The ability to create custom reports is great as well as the ease of hiring and terminating employees. The reporting module was an essential piece in filing for the PPP loan forgiveness.

Cons

I have found the GL upload to be most difficult and it is still not completed I do a manual entry of this for payroll into my accounting system for every payroll. I would love to have someone when it is off season to reach out and assist with this.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Dominion was obsolete and did not have the features that Paylocity did.

Staci from Advanced Communication Technologies, LLC

Industry: Writing and Editing

Paylocity - A friend to Small Businesses

After running through the large payroll companies with their lack of customer support and their high pricing, Paylocity has been a breath of fresh air for my small business. Paylocity gets right what the large payroll companies get wrong, repeatedly.

Pros

This software is not only user friendly, it's effective, cost efficient and the customer support is outstanding.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about Paylocity. It's a fantastic product.

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

The salesman sold me on the product. I am in favor of the way the company was formed and the way the software was developed and its functionality.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

My previous supplier as well as the supplier before them were unresponsive, lacked communication and were unable to correct local tax issues and PTO accrual problems after months of my attempting to resolve the issues.

Bruce from MVMG Holdings, inc.

An Administrator's View

I was the CEO. I remember the Controller making the recommendation to move to Paylocity, a number of years ago. Other than receiving my payroll check, that is about all I knew about Paylocity. Several years ago we sold our company of 70+ physicians and 500+ employees. What was left of the old company was a Holding Company, with 30+ physician owners, and me. I suddenly needed to handle buyout money distributions and escrow distributions. I truly was an administrator, i.e., I had never handled any "hands-on" work with Paylocity, or any payroll company. I had no idea how to even get into the system. One of my former accounting folks gave me the phone number of Customer Service. My Paylocity Account Manager was absolutely fantastic. She, and other reps walked me through every step of every issue I had. They did not care how simple (to them) my questions were. I never had a problem getting through to Customer Service; there was always someone there when I needed them. Based on my experience, I would give my highest recommendation to anyone to take a look at Paylocity; they are the best there is!

Pros

The features are great, however, in my probably rather unique perspective, I found Customer Service that absolutely fantastic. That "saved my life". I have talked with numerous different Customer Service reps, and I never have had any that did not know their "stuff". They have all been invaluable.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. My experiences were all good.

I do not recall.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Problems with the prior company.

Perriann from Connors, Fong & Mancuso

Industry: Wholesale

Basics Easy to use. Upper Level is daunting.

Reporting is beneficial. Tracking time off, requests, and leave time is super from the Administrative side as well as the User side.

Pros

Very easy to implement and utilize the Employee database, Time & Attendance, and Self Service Portal. Reports are great if you know how to utilize the customized reports.

Cons

Challenging to learn to customize Reports. These is a lot of super customization. We attempted to adopt the Performance Management Module, but it is more microscopic than we need in goal setting. Challenging to customize the Self-Service portal. Still learning.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

Expense of ADP and ease of use of Paylocity.

Glenn from Anderson Paper & Packaging Co.

Good System If Your Staff Is Tech-Savvy

I would recommend Paylocity for more tech-savvy companies, as it relies heavily on users to take control of their time off requests, sick days, and ensure the accuracy of their time card. Personally I like it because it removes the need to see an HR person for everything, but for those employees who are uncomfortable with technology it can be a difficult transition.

Pros

The support is mostly good, and the implementation was relatively painless. They were able to import the data from our previous payroll processor and they have been flexible about adding additional policies and changes we've needed since our initial switchover.

Cons

Since our initial deployment of the service, we've had some issues getting support on important issues, like new state laws that impact our payroll processing and time-off accrual rates. This can be frustrating because someone will tell us they are working on it but we might go 2 weeks before getting any resolution to what should in theory be a relatively simple change.

Jeffrey from Data Weighing Systems

Industry: Wholesale

Paylocity support is the best!

Love it. At prior company, looked at switching to Paylocity, but decision was made to remain on ADP. Super glad when found out new company was using Paylocity. Switching support center with ADP was a hassle, and adding CA was difficult. But with Paylocity adding a new state/location was easy. Adding time and labor tracking took a few months.

Pros

the support team assisting a small company is awesome! The ability to add features was easier when compared to alternatives. Employee mobile use for paychecks and for entering time is great.

Cons

need to switch from time and labor and had to push over time to HR and PAYROLL is a step and is not as smooth as I was hoping. The gps limitation/Geolocation is hit and miss when trying to limit where an employee can enter time.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

new company was using Paylocity.

Tammy from Surgical Specialists of SW FL

Administrative Director

It is more time efficient with respect to hand entering time. There also is the fact that you can't make a punch-in error. All in all, over time I think this will be a great solution. There is just a lot to learn up front.

Pros

It is very convenient that it flows directly into Payroll. You can still make changes once it has been sent to the Payroll side, which is very nice in case you miss something. It saves a lot of time entering everyone's various hours, PTO, sick, etc. It is a huge time saver from that respect. The steps to do payroll are quite a bit more, but it is still nicer than entering all the time.

Cons

Trying to fix a time card where someone either forgot to punch out or punched out/in late and has to be corrected tends to be an issue. Additionally, when looking at the time off calendar it will only show so many names and then you have to click another button to see the remaining names of the people who are off. I wish the calendar would expand to allow all names to show so no scheduling errors would occur.

David from IF Creative

Industry: Philanthropy

Excellent Product for Nonprofit Client

Paylocity integrates with many of the software programs available. For nonprofits the time tracking was excellent and geo fencing option for Mobile checkin passed the audit requirements. An excellent solution for nonprofits specifically those carrying government contracts and needing solutions that stand audit requirements.

Pros

Paylocity was a recommendation from our broker and their team and it was the right one. Their streamlined payroll product was easy to use and setup. What stands out most is their customer support. The move from another major player in the space was seamless and made for greater accountability on reporting. Their system integrated easily with our government contracts and easily generated the reporting for our A-133 audit. The online portal was easy to log payroll information. Our employees were very friendly with the switch and our management was as well.

Cons

I can name a host of negative sentiments for many of the payroll services but not Paylocity. Their onboarding was spot on and effective as was the ongoing service.

Britnie from VAA, LLC

Great HRIS System

The system overall has some great features and we are constantly looking for and finding ways to further utilize the system and the reports that we can use to better our business and employee experience.

Pros

This system has many of the key features we were looking for: -payroll system -easy to manage HRIS -good implementation -good response time from our contacts -many arms of the system that we haven't put into use yet, but hope to in the future

Cons

Some of the things we we've hoped to implement with Paylocity haven't been right for our business. For instance, we felt that the ATS didn't have enough features and adaptability for our purposes and we also looked in to having performance reviews done through the system, but it wasn't compatible with the process we have in place and we weren't prepared to completely overhaul the way our company administers performance reviews.

Marie from Trico Corporation

Flexible and scalable - lots of features available, but simple to use if you don't want all the features

Pros

There is a lot of flexibility for customizing the system to our needs. After the initial learning curve, it is super simple to make changes on the fly... add earnings codes, set up new departments, etc. I also really like the employee Self-Service Portal - I can customize what an employee can view & even add external links (useful for benefits enrollment). With the onboarding module & ability to upload employee documents, we now have virtual employee files! The price is very competitive with our last providers price, but the value is FAR GREATER!

Cons

Not sure this is a con, but if you don't like a self-service model, I'm not sure what the phone support is like. I've found the online resources to be very helpful and I like figuring things out on my own, so this is the perfect fit for me!

Justin from Ion International Training Center

Simple Human Resources Option

Pros

It is easy to use and understand. I do not have an extensive background in Human Resources but have been able to pick up the features on Paylocity very quickly and make sure our company is staying compliant.

Cons

There are several specific features that have not worked well for our company or have been more trouble than it was worth to implement. One is the scheduling feature and the other is tracking employee time off.

Recommended from our advisor

Joe from Jorgensen Laboratories Inc

Industry: Veterinary

Paylocity Review

Pros

Ease of use and accuracy/timeliness of reporting - customer support all in all is excellent!

Cons

Expense Management - it's apparent that this functionality is not Paylocity's wheelhouse

Ease of use/training setup

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

For streamline of business process, tax reporting, accuracy

Richard from KMAB Business Advisors LLC

One of the Best Payroll/HRIS Systems on the market

Pros

I have used Paylocity for more than 7 years and have used many other platforms as well. Paylocity is one of the most intuitive platforms in the market. I would highly recommend this system. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], whom I have worked for years as the salesperson, is one of the most knowledgeable and best to work with. I have never had anyone in sales that is as involved with his clients as he has been.

Cons

There are not too many items which I do not like about the software. We have begun using other addon's to the Payroll and HR, which the experience has not been as successful, but we are still working through them.

Reasons for Choosing Paylocity

The salesperson, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and the functionality that Paylocity offers.

Emily from Lewis and Palmer Benefits

Great Program, Kinda. Great Service, Kinda.

Paylocity is visually amazing, their specialists provide great insight, but their system allows for many errors and not all of their employees are very knowledgeable on how their program works.

Pros

Paylocity is easily the pretties payroll service I've ever used. It's very easy to find most things on this program. I especially love the service I receive from my payroll specialist and the great implementation of their online chat service. Their online chat service is easily my favorite feature in any payroll program, super easy to us and instant assistance with most issues.

Cons

I love the service from my payroll specialist, but I rarely get her on the phone. Paylocity's customer service is fairly good except for that most of their employees don't know a lot about their own services, because of this I find myself constantly on hold while the customer service rep is asking for assistance from a tech or other employees. Paylocity also has a very terrible mapping system between WebPay and WebTime, we constantly have issues with the wrong thing being pulled and having to have a tech 'fix' it only for it to happen again.

Kaitlyn from Infinity Rehab

Paylocity is a great small to medium business solution

My experience with Payroll was on an administrative HR level. I used it for Onboarding, benefit enroll, reporting, changes of employee status and terminations. I would also assist with payroll functions.

Pros

I really love that Paylocity has a minimalist and easy to use interface. The learning curve is low compared to other HRIS solutions such as ADP. I think what I liked most about Paylocity was the ease of use. It was a very intuitive software. It met all of our business needs and when we did need help their support was aways able to find a solution that worked well for us.

Cons

It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that you need for payroll in a large or enterprise level company but if this isn't an issue Paylocity is still a great option.

Reasons for Switching to Paylocity

After many years of using ADP, we switched to have a HRIS that was more user friendly and had complete integration with our 401k provider at at the time.

Jennifer from Community West Bank

Easy to Use, Lacks Customer Support

Pros

Third party products integrate easily, modules and dashboards are simple and user friendly, includes tons of standard reports

Cons

Customer support has been steadily declining. We've been tossed around to at least four different account managers in the past 18 months, and if we get a good one they get promoted or leave, so we end up with someone that barely knows the system better than we do. The response time to questions we submit via email has also worsened to more than 24 hours for a simple reply for clarification. We don't even bother trying to get help from our assigned account manager, we just call the 800 number and hope whoever picks up will be able to resolve our issue. If we call back with the same issue and get someone else, we sometimes get a different answer.

Kendall from FMI

Paylocity

Overall Paylocity is great, I love the onboarding, for the most part, is good with PTO feature works well and it is an easy system to keep track of the staff.

Pros

I love the onboarding process, that the candidates get sent the onboarding paperwork before they start, that it is easy for me to set them up and for them to do the paperwork.

Cons

I do not understand that you have to put in so much detail about the pay. The salary, hourly, weekly, I feel that you should put in the salary and that it should then do the math for you. Also, for the PTO tracking, I feel that it should show you what you have left to use after you book the day off so that people do not feel they have more time available to take off than they really do.

K Michele from Onsite Safety

Paylocity Web Time

In our company, we use Paylocity Web Time to record the time we work for each day, which allows us to reflect our accountability to our supervisor in real-time regardless of whether he/she is in the office, at a meeting off-site, or out in the field.

Pros

I've been using the Paylocity application for two years. I use Web Time to clock in for the day, sign out to take a break or lunch, or to clock out at the end of each work day. I also use the Web Time feature to request time off when I need to schedule a professional day off (PTO). The thing I like most about Paylocity and the Web Time feature is how easily accessible it is. So whether a user works in an office or out in the field, Paylocity Web Time is easily available to use for the user via their desktop, laptop, tablet, or phone.

Cons

In the past two years, I have yet to discover a con about the Web Time feature.

Megan from Traffic Planning and Design, Inc.

It's great to have such an intuitive system that has all HR systems under one umbrella.

Pros

Having everything HR in one complete system. All the pieces work 100% together without issues. It's intuitive. The implementation teams for each piece were fantastic with all the modules and they have plenty of ondemand and live trainings to help you should you need extra training after implementation.

Cons

There are a couple of small thing that I would change/improve upon with the system as I believe those would make it even better to work with. I have had some past issues with customer support specifically getting different answers for the same question from different specialists which can lead to frustrations, however, those kinks seem to have been worked out and things have been running more smoothly.