Workable

Workable Reviews

RATING:

• icon"The support team is very quick to give feedback and help with any technical issues that may arise. They are also working on ways to innovate the hiring process and take feedback from users well."
  • icon"This system has really been great for us. It is easy to create jobs, post, and make notes throughout the process."
  • icon"Software and features are very intuitive. If you run into an issue their support is top notch and they have great guides."
  • icon"And a downside of the API integration is that resumes get uploaded to the website files and then sent to Workable, so it leaves a lot of crumbs behind."
  • icon"Customer service so far has been a bit hard to communicate. It maybe a rare occurrence, no more after more usage."
  • icon"The lack of boolean searching within the candidate database is very frustrating."

Browse all Workable Reviews

• Have you used Workable and would like to share your experience with others?

Courtney

Great System, needs a few tweaks to be perfect

It's been great, the system is good, has a few things it could improve on but a good system.

Pros

Cons

Needs a better way for merging candidates from indeed, they get different email addresses so really causes a problem in our system. Need to be able to attach several reqs to one and clear they are together. Indeed integration is wonky, have issues with our jobs being seen but get far better results with a direct link. Ease of seeing things, if notes are so long hard to get to what is needed.

Response from Workable Software

Thank you for your feedback! It was shared with your Account Manager. We're glad that you've found Workable to be a great system.

Replied May 2020

Rasha

A great ATS

IT was great from search to implementation to using it, the experience was very positive and the impact it made to our recruitment activities was apparent day one

Pros

We love having everything related to the candidate in one place. And being able to have the entire hiring team able to collaborate in one space is excellent

Cons

We can't sort and file the talent pool for future use except if it is into positions. Also, information from archived positions is not available unless you unarchive a position which can be a bit inconvenient

Reasons for switching to Workable

Workable provided a better experience for the candidate, the recruiter and the hiring manager and had more advanced features

Cheryl

Industry: Law Enforcement

October 2022

Simpsonville PD Review

I think it is a great program. I like the ease of posting and accessing so many people with the one post. I like the accessibility of resumes that can be attached.

Pros

I like how it branches out to many different companies with one posting. I also like the ease of how to contact the interested candidates.

Cons

I haven't fount a feature that I like the least. It is pretty simple to use and allows us to have access to a vast amount of people that we would not generally reach with just our website.

Reasons for choosing Workable

I went to a neighboring department who showed me how it works and they were really pleased with the product.

Response from Workable Software

Great to hear we're hitting the mark, Cheryl. Thanks for your review, and for being a Workable fan!

Replied October 2022

April

November 2022

Customer Service is a nightmare

This was our first experience with an ATS. The integration was easy - I had everything created and complete before the implementation team even reached out. However, the candidate tracking method is too clunky and customer service is an absolute nightmare.

Pros

This was our first ATS and it was an easy place to start and learn the system.

Cons

It needs a better candidate tracking method. If a person applies to more than one job or to a job more than once - there is no feature to consolidate the candidate information. You spend a lot of time clicking between screens to figure out previous interactions. The customer service was hands down the absolute worst I have ever seen. Any time I had an issue - I would be told that it was my fault and there was nothing they could do - specifically from one IT tech over and over. I finally requested to deal with someone else and that helped somewhat.When it was time to renew, we were reassured that the price would not be changing - there would be no increase in the annual bill (monthly payments are not an option). Then we were sent the invoice - with an additional $1300 on it. What? I asked out rep what the deal was and got completely blown off. I was told it was a charge that they added every year. I asked her about her promise that the bill was the same and was told yes and we added the extra charge - we do that to everyone. What?! Then she stopped answering my emails and calls. Needless to say - we will be changing at the end of our contract this year.

Tiffany

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

August 2022

Workable is easy for everyone to use!

Workable has been great. definitely one of the most intuitive ATS that i've ever worked with. It's easy to onboard our hiring managers into the system too because everything is right there for them: clear toolbar, comment, evaluate, and so much more.

Pros

The customizability of everything that Workable has makes the experience for the candidate so smooth. We can find out what information we're looking for right in the application. Reviewing, sharing, evaluating candidates have never been easier! The timeline tells you all the communication and actions taken with the candidate and the tabs organize the topic so that you can easily see all evaluations at once. Integration with Outlook/Microsoft 365 has made my workflow so smooth as well. Customer support is also SO helpful whenever I have a question, I know someone will be able to help me with it.

Cons

There are a few features I wish Workable had. 1. while we are able to have the candidate's first name and last name, there is no placeholder for preferred names (Johnathan Smith's first name will always be Johnathan unless we manually type "John" or something else.) 2. A place where we can send a link to a sourced candidate's application instead of creating a separate google doc with their information or filling out the application on their behalf. ICIMS has a way to send a personalized link and login to candidates to see their application + fill in blanks.

Reasons for choosing Workable

ICIMS was soooo confusing. not intuitive. not as clean looking as Workable.

Response from Workable Software

Wonderful detail, thanks Tiffany. Will roll the preferred name and custom link ideas to product. You're also welcome to suggest them directly in our customer community: https://community.workable.com/ideas . Appreciate your feedback and support!

Replied August 2022

Jessica

June 2022

Recruiting has never been easier and more efficient!

Workable was able to fix a few issues. Excellent work, in my opinion. Online Video Interview and Online Assessment Test services have already been incorporated, and this was undoubtedly one of the tool's most significant enhancements. As a result, when you purchase the ATS, you get both services for free.

Pros

One of the most useful features of Workable is the ability to take notes at any point along the way. You may use Workable to send and receive candidate emails through the system, including a notifications page that functions something like a telephone. It has several AI integrations.

Cons

As Workable is still a relatively young ATS that requires updates and a little of effort, reporting and other more complicated functionalities are a bit limited. Workable isn't the best choice if you want a tool that can do whatever you want it to.

Reasons for switching to Workable

Workable is an excellent choice if you're a fresh start-up looking for a system that can be used by employees at all levels of the organization. Candidate disqualification is as simple as moving them through the steps of the selection process. One-time templates, such as interview invitations, may also be uploaded and sent automatically at different stages.

Lauren

Solid B+

I’m not sure we get visibility on job boards. We posted a position last Aug using Greenhouse and received 121 applicants in 2 weeks. This year, we posted same job through Workable and got 27 in two weeks. I eventually paid to promote on LinkedIn.

Pros

I can’t believe the scorecard feature wasn’t in the standardized ratings! This is a great feature even though my team doesn’t utilize it enough.

Cons

Better scorecard- I wish a candidate could have one cumulative scorecard per user where hiring team could score them. Instead, there’s a scorecard for each step of the funnel for each user. If I forget to ask questions in the screen, I can’t just make them empty for the next round, I have to do a whole new repetitive card. You also have to click around a bit to find this and access it.

Reasons for choosing Workable

I’d used it before and was familiar with it

Reasons for switching to Workable

Greenhouse was too robust and more than we needed

Excellent customer service!

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a rock star. You should ask for her directly as your rep when initializing your contract with Workable. She went above and beyond to deliver excellent customer service and answer my many questions, even though my company size is smaller than those she typically contracts with.

Cons

So far, no complaints. Workable has a great user interface and integrates with CriteriaCorp, our candidate aptitude/personality screening software.

Reasons for choosing Workable

Better features and better value.

Reasons for switching to Workable

Hire is sunsetting this year, doesn't have self scheduling capabilities, turned off mobile features on 1/1/20, and doesn't have a lot of the other features that Workable does.

Response from Workable Software

Thanks for your feedback! It's great to hear about your experience with our Sales Team. We're looking forward to having you as a Workable customer!

Replied January 2020

Connie

April 2022

decent applicant tracking system for recruiting!

Overall experience is that it works great for what you pay for. If your recruiting efforts needs a more robust search engine and better platform to house & source pipeline candidates, I recommend paying more for a premium product. It'll save you a heck of a lot more time & resources.

Pros

UI is easy to navigate, simple and easy to use.

Cons

While it is simple and easy to use, the software does not allow for multiple requisitions to be posted under one pipeline or job posting. Our team also finds that it does not have the best integration with the top, competitive job boards outside of LinkedIn and Indeed.

Reasons for choosing Workable

We chose Workable over the alternative products due to the pricing of the product.

Jeslyn

November 2022

A rather easy to use ATS

Pros

The job created in workable creates a hyperlink that u can add to other ad posting platform and your applicants will be all consolidated in one place. You every stage in the pipeline has its own disqualified pool. This will allow future you or your team who revisits have a better understanding of what happened before.

Cons

The “schedule link” doesn’t allow us to enable a “buffer” time before meetings. There may be instances where ur call with candidates are back to back.

Darlene

Workable is Great!

What is really nice about Workable is that everyone on the team can see each other's comments and updates in real time. The calendaring feature that allows us to invite the candidate and have it show up on our outlook calendar is fabulous and makes our lives so much easier. Workable also sends emails with upcoming trainings which we find helpful.

Pros

What I like most about Workable is that it is intuitive and easy to use. We do very little training when we add employees to use the system. I also like how the system saves what I've been working on and can return to my notes without having to start over from the beginning.

Cons

Right now, there is nothing that I would complain about or change with Workable.

Reasons for choosing Workable

We looked at several options but had it narrowed down to 2. The other option was much more expensive and we couldn't justify requesting the expense.

Reasons for switching to Workable

Our contract was up with our former company and no one on our team was around when we first started the contract so we decided it would be a good time to investigate all options and see what was out there. After seeing what other companies had to offer, we went back to our former company to see if they could do some training with us to see if there were features we weren't using that would enhance our experience. They were very unhelpful with this. Another reason we made the decision to change is because of cost.

Response from Workable Software

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad getting people to adopt the system has been easy, and when your team needs additional training that we meet your needs.

Replied August 2019

Rose

May 2015

JUST WHAT WE WERE LOOKING FOR, AND MORE!!!!

Pros

The software is well thought out, and by far the ONLY affordable option we found on the market. The fact that our employment ads, once on Workable, automatically go out to many FREE job sites without any further action on our part is a huge plus and has led to our being able to have more applications to review (and even more than we can handle sometimes -- but that's HARDLY a complaint!) Workable has been a blessing to our company. I know that sounds cliche', but it's definitely true. I personally spoke with various vendors and attended a few online demos of other options, but the pricing was way beyond what our company's budget could handle! The President of our Company would only support monthly fees that were next to nothing, and I did not believe that such a product existed -- we had also searched a year or so ago, to no avail due to pricing. (Unfortunately I did not come across Workable at that time, or we would be a year into using it by now! The vendor has a helpful, down-to-earth approach. I have received an email or two (often from more than one rep) AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK asking how we like the product and if there is anything Workable can do to further support us. Workable's reps understand the right balance of "helpful". To receive phone calls would be annoying because our office environment is hectic and it's much more efficient to be able to communiate via email. I like receiving their messages, because it provides a quick and easy avenue to address questions or concerns. Any time I have asked a question through email, I have received a response very quickly.

Cons

I do not have any significant complaints. The one thing that the Workable software does not include is a pre-made space for an applicant to input their middle name. In instances where an applicant has a very common first and last name, we WANT that middle name (call us crazy!?!). I approached a Workable rep about this (via trusty email!) and he said that they have found that, in the absence of a specific Middle Name block, applicants tend to put their first and middle name in the First Name block. This has not been our experience at all, and I found that answer a bit offputting -- but it's far from a major issue! The software allows for users to add fields beyond the generic, but I believe applicants would be more apt to fill in their middle name if the block was there, front and center. Some applicants just leave the name space we added blank since it's "after the fact". Again though, if this is our biggest problem, we will still prosper with the help of this software!

Diana

The Easiest Applicant Tracking Software to Figure Out

We're a startup with less than 15 people trying to hire 4-5 more. We have two people in charge of recruiting. After getting in touch with other ATS' (Lever, BreezyHR, Jobvite, HiringThing, the Applicant Stack), we went with Workable. This is possibly simply because most of those other softwares put me into a sales cycle queue, and I had to wait 3-4 days before I could talk to someone or see a demo. Meanwhile, Workable lets you sign up for a trial, and gets out of your way. I figured everything out on my own in 20 minutes. I think this is a testament to how well built their UI is-- you don't need a 30 minute handheld demo to figure it out, unlike other ATS (apparently). To compare, BreezyHR was also fairly intuitive, but we liked the feel of Workable better. Lever is also VERY beautiful software, but we got quoted around 6k/year (no monthly option). Meanwhile, Workable, is 200/mo for 4 jobs (monthly, not annual contract), and has 98% of the same functionality. Lever, based on the demo I got from their very nice saleslady, seems better if you're a big company where you need help streamlining communication quickly between departments, or want help auto-nurturing your recruited candidates. That just wasn't us, we're smaller and only hiring 4-5 people right now. Workable was easy to figure out, responsive, customizable, and I liked the monthly pay option. I would recommend it to any startup or small company, without any hesitation. Also, if you're recruiting...the real Workable seller is the People Search function. I almost don't want to talk about it, because I don't want other people to know about it.

Pros

-Incredibly intuitive interface -Upfront pricing that's easy to understand and reasonable (not great, but reasonable) -Customizable pipeline -People Search Chrome extension is INCREDIBLE and no one else has it. -Easy, one step posting to multiple job sites (free and premium) -Custom links so applicants can apply from anywhere and still end up in your pipeline. -On/Off mode: You can pay monthly when you're hiring, and stop when you have no active jobs. You won't lose your data.

Cons

-A few bugs (software doesn't always fetch a photo when you put in an email, even if it finds multiple social profiles) -Customer Support isn't immediate (you have to email, but they usually respond in <6 hours)

Amanda

Industry: Mental Health Care

Workable

We use Workable for the applicant tracking software they have. I started in HR when we already have the software since then I have gone through demos of other products that the company was looking to switch to and I always preferred the functionality of workable over other demos. It is so easy to use and keeps the hiring process easy to track. There are so many steps in the hiring process and this makes it much better. Overall great software.

Pros

The best part of the software is its functionality and ease of use. It is very easy to teach hiring managers to utilize this. The layout of the pages is easy to follow even for staff not really good with technology. It makes it so easy to track multiple applicants and multiple jobs. The support team is very quick to give feedback and help with any technical issues that may arise. They are also working on ways to innovate the hiring process and take feedback from users well. Highly recommended.

Cons

There really is not much about the software I don't like. The only suggestion I made, was to have a way to mask identifying features to hiring managers until through to the interview stage. One task I want to make sure I handle is non-discrimination, and masking names would for sure help with that process. I made this suggestion and their team reached out to me saying they were working on a way to do this.

Maria

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great tool to support with hiring in a start-up phase

Workable was our 1st ATS. It is a smart, easy-to-use product that helped us grow the company to close to 450 employees. Managers were very happy with the tool.

Pros

Workable provides great automation solutions & features for many different things that allow saving lots of time: emailing candidates in bulk, interview scheduling, interview feedback, configurable roles and permissions, communication templates and customizable steps in the interview process. In addition to this, it has a great analytics dashboard, a user-friendly mobile app, and a fantastic People Function that allows to source passive candidates directly from the ATS, which might be very handy, especially for teams that don't have a LinkedIn Corporate Recruiter licence.

Cons

My team couldn't engage with candidates at scale through personalized email campaigns, which made us switch to another ATS. Because close to 40% of our hires are done through outreach automating this part was crucial to us.

Victoria

Time used: Free Trial

April 2015

Excellent Service and Job Posting Portal

Working with Workable is great! The system is very intuitive and straight forward; it is easy to use, understand, customize, and looks neat and professional. Categories for candidates are well organized and it is easy to manage candidates who were not selected versus those we would like to see continue through the interviewing and hiring process. We have received many hits on our postings and have quality candidates applying for each position we post. I love how un-cluttered Workable is. Workable has everything we need to successfully fill our positions, and has nothing that we don't need. Our company "careers" page looks very professional, modern, and we love that it can be used on its own as a link from our company page, or embedded via code into our page directly. I also enjoy the fact that if we're not reaching a good audience using the standard free listings, we have the option for a small fee to make our job posting premier or sponsored on the site of our choice for greater visibility. Haven't had to use this yet though as we're happy with the candidates currently coming in. It's really easy to add users, hiring managers, and external recruiters to Workable and assign job openings to them. We hire for a lot of different locations and it is great to have a manager 3000 miles away be able to manage their candidates on their own with ease. Resume upload and parsing is great and helped us from the transition from an old job posting portal to Workable. I uploaded hundreds of resumes from active jobs we had open with the old system into the new posts we made with Workable, and the process took all of 10 minutes with no data entry involved on my end. All our candidates are saved and attached to their proper jobs, and nothing was lost in the transition. Workable customer service is very prompt and polite, and always resolve our questions and inquiries quickly and with great advice and support. Workable shows that they value their customers and will work with us to train us in their system, help with setup and any issues we may encounter. To be honest we don't really have a lot of issues with Workable to begin with, but the few we had (getting them set up as a vendor because they are not based in the US and basics of learning ins and outs of the system) have been resolved to our expectations. A+ service at an A+ value.

katy

An ATS that works

works for me

Pros

-easy to find candidates by name -easy to edit job descriptions

Cons

-no custom sharing links -would like to be able to tailor messages to candidates more -would like to be able to filter candidates based on certain criteria -would like to be able to search for candidates by last 4 digits of phone number

cost

Response from Workable Software

Thanks for your feedback - we're glad you enjoy using Workable! Your account manager and our support team are always here to help come up with solutions to any problems you encounter.

Replied August 2019