All Workable Reviews

Ayush

Staffing and Recruiting, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed January 2023

Fantastic Solution For Recruiters

It enabled us to conduct a more thorough evaluation of our candidates. We were quickly and easily onboarded by the Workable team, who also got us up and running.

PROS

The collaborative options are limitless, and the UI is simple to use. It offers all the information necessary, to begin with, reporting and visualizations, and understanding the fundamentals of the hiring strategy and recruiting metrics. Additionally, it offers incredible interfaces with LinkedIn, job boards, mobile apps, and many others.

CONS

I wish Zoom or other virtual conferencing services were compatible with the platform for scheduling interviews. Emails from your inbox do not automatically sync or appear right away on Workable. Once a candidate receives an offer letter, the workable's functionality is finished.

Darlene

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Workable is Great!

What is really nice about Workable is that everyone on the team can see each other's comments and updates in real time. The calendaring feature that allows us to invite the candidate and have it show up on our outlook calendar is fabulous and makes our lives so much easier. Workable also sends emails with upcoming trainings which we find helpful.

PROS

What I like most about Workable is that it is intuitive and easy to use. We do very little training when we add employees to use the system. I also like how the system saves what I've been working on and can return to my notes without having to start over from the beginning.

CONS

Right now, there is nothing that I would complain about or change with Workable.

Reason for choosing Workable

We looked at several options but had it narrowed down to 2. The other option was much more expensive and we couldn't justify requesting the expense.

Reasons for switching to Workable

Our contract was up with our former company and no one on our team was around when we first started the contract so we decided it would be a good time to investigate all options and see what was out there. After seeing what other companies had to offer, we went back to our former company to see if they could do some training with us to see if there were features we weren't using that would enhance our experience. They were very unhelpful with this. Another reason we made the decision to change is because of cost.

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad getting people to adopt the system has been easy, and when your team needs additional training that we meet your needs.

Replied August 2019

Allie

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2020

The Bad Outweighs the Good- Beware Sales!

Solid tool if you have a fairly simple process; still allows for customization, which is great. Hilariously/infuriatingly rude sales process. No desire to fix issues, just to trap you in contracts.

PROS

Workable has a simple, clean layout that was easy to customize and train my team on. It did exactly what we needed it to do and allows for a good deal of customization for our somewhat-unique hiring process.

CONS

The sales team are vultures. We planned to renew our contract after one year, and confirmed so via *email*. After some discussion, we realized we were probably overpaying; we included People Search in our initial contract (which is terrible and doesn't work reliably at all). We asked our sales rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], if we could remove that from our invoice, and were told we already had "a grandfathered deal" and should be glad we weren't paying more. The tone was downright rude. Because we don't need anything too complicated, we decided to move to another ATS with a slightly lower cost. When Workable sent us the invoice to renew, we notified them that we would not be doing so- 2 weeks before contract expiration. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] *so rudely* replied that my verbal acknowledgement a month before was binding, and that we were stuck with another year. Obviously, we're fighting that, but it's really shocking that Workable is more interested in roping customers into contracts than understanding why they want to leave in the first place.

We're so sorry that you did not have a good experience with the Workable product and our Sales Team. Customer success is very important to us. As your Account Manager is in contact with you currently, we will also make sure to further understand everything in this review during our conversation.

Replied February 2020

Samantha

Staffing and Recruiting, 2-10 employees

Recruitment and HR ATS

Workable is other excellent ATS that I've used. In my experience is a complete ATS with a lot of useful features and very user friendly. It's possible to integrate with other products such as HRIS so the entire recruitment process could be managed from the platform and helps with part of the HR process (contract signature, onboarding process).

PROS

Workable it's an ATS that allows you to share your candidate information not only internally but also with external stakeholders. if you're an in-house recruiter you can share the process with the hiring managers and manage the entire process with the platform and if you're an external-agency recruiter, the client can give you access so you can manage the cycle and tag the people who's involved in the process.

CONS

Sometimes you have to put candidates info manually.

Reasons for switching to Workable

Management decision based on available features.

Zandile

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2022

The only ATS you need!

Perfect! So many features are automated freeing up a lot of time to focus on employer branding

PROS

1. Employee Referral portal2. Ease of setup3. Creating tags for talent pool4. Reports5. Their customer support is incredible!!! Fast, efficient and kind!

CONS

At times the requisitions can cause some of the reports to be inaccurate

Reason for choosing Workable

A big move to Workable was needing to have an ATS that provides free advertising on more job portals.

Reasons for switching to Workable

Workable was the perfect solutions to all our recruitment needs. From the moment we met [SENSITIVE CONTENT] for a demo to the end, he had perfect answers and solutions

Nancy

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Very Solid ATS, with Some Very Solid Quirks

The product has a lot of potential. I've used several ATS' and do like Workable the best, but the implementation experience is horrible.I feel like the team at Workable has a good product, that could be great - it's just not.

PROS

The User Interface and Experience is stronger than most of the ATS that I've used. It's highly intuitive with some quirks. My hiring manager's like the ease of use for interviewing and evaluating candidates.The speed of the site and app are also great. I also really like the customization of the careers page.

CONS

The migration and implementation were a total disaster. The sales team did not explain that I would have to import 19k files from my previous system into a single Excel document on my own. No help was offered, only finger-pointing at my previous system or an offer to upgrade to a higher monthly subscription. I've had several issues come up where I've reached out to Customer Service and was only provided with 1/2 of the solution. I raised my concerns and was met with zero interest in ensuring that I had a better experience with Workable. I've yet to speak with a person who really seems to care about the customer experience now that I am actually a customer.The "people search" function is cool, but there are only 4 filters, so it's information overload. Using AI to create job descriptions is great, but there's no way to adjust the prompt. If you want to look at the candidate's full profile, you can't do that from within a job, you have to open another screen and look at the candidate in the database, outside of the job. The self-scheduling link has confused several of my candidates. When I raised my concern over this, I was told that if my candidates were too stupid to figure it out, I should use that as a barometer for hiring.Like I said earlier, there are just so many strange quirks that could be easily solved.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We truly appreciate your honesty, and we're sorry to hear about the challenges you've experienced. Your insights are valuable to us in our ongoing efforts to improve. If you're open to it, we'd love to learn more about the specific issues you've encountered so that we can address them more effectively. Please feel free to reach out to support@workable.com to discuss this further. We appreciate your business and the opportunity to make things right.

Replied December 2023

Akshay

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Workable HR software : a comprehensive tool with great overall performance

Workable is a powerful HR tool that allows candidate sourcing, collaborate hiring, customizable workflows that leads to streamlined recruiting and better hiring outcomes. However, this software is costly and some users may find it less flexible than they need. Overall, Workable is still a solid choice for businesses looking for an all in one HR solution.

PROS

Workable helps in streamlined recruiting, allowing the management of job posting and candidate communication all in one place. With Workable, collaborate hiring with multiple team members allows for more diverse perspectives and informed decisions. The workflows are customizable and the screening processes can be automated. Mobile accessibility, integrations with other tools like Slack and Zapier and reporting and analytics is very helpful too! Customer support is also accessible through various channels.

CONS

Workable pricing is expensive for smaller businesses, especially if they need to purchase add-ons. there are some integration limitations and limited customizations. Somer automations can make the candidate experience seem robotic. I have ran into some technical issues as well. There is limited language support for non-english speakers and the tool's pricing and bill processes are not easy to understand.

Reasons for switching to Workable

Found the other ATS systems more reliable.

1 employee

Reviewed June 2023

Great for recruiting, not so great for reporting

PROS

Being cloud based this allows remote teams to collaborate on recruitment.

CONS

The format of the published jobs is standard so very like ability to brand or bespoke the pages.Reporting was a pain. Tracking links for the origins of the applications did not work all the time and was misreporting often with linkedin ads showing as website or google. Getting the information out on reporting was also hard as it had to be exported in order to work with it and link back to clients' paid ads on linkedin

Chandan

Human Resources, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Workable

Overall experience with workable is good the HR os very nice and they have patience when talking with candidate

PROS

Most of time we use the workable software for the hiring the candidate. I can find the resume of the candidate on the portable and we just connect with candidate and hiring

CONS

We use workable software for the hiring but most of the manager and candidates are fake here

Reason for choosing Workable

On the first time use cieple for the hiring the candidate in USA but after that we shift on workable software

Emmanuel

Aviation & Aerospace, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed June 2023

workable review

PROS

Easy to publish to social media and easy to track applications

CONS

The texting is bad and it is difficult to identify duplicate candidates

Rose

Management Consulting

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed May 2015

JUST WHAT WE WERE LOOKING FOR, AND MORE!!!!

PROS

The software is well thought out, and by far the ONLY affordable option we found on the market. The fact that our employment ads, once on Workable, automatically go out to many FREE job sites without any further action on our part is a huge plus and has led to our being able to have more applications to review (and even more than we can handle sometimes -- but that's HARDLY a complaint!) Workable has been a blessing to our company. I know that sounds cliche', but it's definitely true. I personally spoke with various vendors and attended a few online demos of other options, but the pricing was way beyond what our company's budget could handle! The President of our Company would only support monthly fees that were next to nothing, and I did not believe that such a product existed -- we had also searched a year or so ago, to no avail due to pricing. (Unfortunately I did not come across Workable at that time, or we would be a year into using it by now! The vendor has a helpful, down-to-earth approach. I have received an email or two (often from more than one rep) AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK asking how we like the product and if there is anything Workable can do to further support us. Workable's reps understand the right balance of "helpful". To receive phone calls would be annoying because our office environment is hectic and it's much more efficient to be able to communiate via email. I like receiving their messages, because it provides a quick and easy avenue to address questions or concerns. Any time I have asked a question through email, I have received a response very quickly.

CONS

I do not have any significant complaints. The one thing that the Workable software does not include is a pre-made space for an applicant to input their middle name. In instances where an applicant has a very common first and last name, we WANT that middle name (call us crazy!?!). I approached a Workable rep about this (via trusty email!) and he said that they have found that, in the absence of a specific Middle Name block, applicants tend to put their first and middle name in the First Name block. This has not been our experience at all, and I found that answer a bit offputting -- but it's far from a major issue! The software allows for users to add fields beyond the generic, but I believe applicants would be more apt to fill in their middle name if the block was there, front and center. Some applicants just leave the name space we added blank since it's "after the fact". Again though, if this is our biggest problem, we will still prosper with the help of this software!

Amanda

Mental Health Care, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Workable

We use Workable for the applicant tracking software they have. I started in HR when we already have the software since then I have gone through demos of other products that the company was looking to switch to and I always preferred the functionality of workable over other demos. It is so easy to use and keeps the hiring process easy to track. There are so many steps in the hiring process and this makes it much better. Overall great software.

PROS

The best part of the software is its functionality and ease of use. It is very easy to teach hiring managers to utilize this. The layout of the pages is easy to follow even for staff not really good with technology. It makes it so easy to track multiple applicants and multiple jobs. The support team is very quick to give feedback and help with any technical issues that may arise. They are also working on ways to innovate the hiring process and take feedback from users well. Highly recommended.

CONS

There really is not much about the software I don't like. The only suggestion I made, was to have a way to mask identifying features to hiring managers until through to the interview stage. One task I want to make sure I handle is non-discrimination, and masking names would for sure help with that process. I made this suggestion and their team reached out to me saying they were working on a way to do this.

katy

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2019

An ATS that works

works for me

PROS

-easy to find candidates by name -easy to edit job descriptions

CONS

-no custom sharing links -would like to be able to tailor messages to candidates more -would like to be able to filter candidates based on certain criteria -would like to be able to search for candidates by last 4 digits of phone number

cost

Thanks for your feedback - we're glad you enjoy using Workable! Your account manager and our support team are always here to help come up with solutions to any problems you encounter.

Replied August 2019

Yushawu

Construction, 51-200 employees

Workable for Talent sourcinng

Overall, workable is wonderful and represents a good assistant to my hiring needs.

PROS

Workable is definitely what every talent acquisition specialist need for their talent pipeline. its easy to navigate and contains suitable features that are effectively in their functions such as the job posting, candidates profile and application tracking.

CONS

I think workable has to work more on the interaction between add comments to a candidate's profile and sending them email. It is easy to send emails candidates when actually the intended purpose was to add comments.

Reviewed February 2023

awsome product for its value

Overall everyone in our organization is satisfied using this product and I definitely recommend using it.

PROS

Posting and managing jobs through this project is really easy, I love the collaboration ability inside the product for different people inside the organization.

CONS

If posting the job to different platforms such as Linkedin, etc was quicker it was great.

Adele

Museums and Institutions, 11-50 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed March 2019

Does The Job

We use Workable as our primary hiring portal to track a job from posting to final hire. Overall it's been easy and intuitive to use. Great as an active workflow tool.

PROS

Really appreciate how the system keeps a running track of communication, correspondences, and interview invites by day and time for each candidate. Also, the ability for each party in the hiring process to leave their feedback on candidates at each stage of the process, and vote people forward or not, provides such a streamlined workflow for moving applicants through the pipeline. Additional features such as single-click links for syndicating a job posting, and being able to set permissions for each job on the back-end, are incredibly useful as well.

CONS

There is a lot of scrolling-- scrolling down lists of candidates, scrolling down candidate applications. When you are dealing with hundreds of applicants, it can be difficult to track which applications you have read and those you haven't.

Thanks for your feedback! In terms of scrolling through candidates, I recommend reaching out to support@workable.com and they can help to optimize your pipeline. Alternatively, we have a webinar on Perfecting your Workable Pipeline: https://help.workable.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016241153--Video-Webinar-Perfecting-your-Workable-pipeline

Replied April 2019

Mohamed

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Very good Value for Money

the System is very good and affordable for small and medium and maybe some large companies, it will make life easier for recruiters and fasten the process, but if you need more Analysis, reports and also if you have complex requirements for hiring process & stages it will aim for other ATS the System features is developing which is something exciting.

PROS

1- Reasonable price compared to other ATS 2- Easy to use Software that doesn't need much training and easy navigation around the System. 3- availability of trial period which is not the case with other ATS 4- automate the publishing of job vacancies on free and premium sites as well 5- customizable pipeline. 6- Chrome browser extinsion which I didn't see in most ATS. 7- Auto screening process based on the criteria defined for the Job. 8- Interview Management, from Calendaring to scoring and Qualifying the candidate 9- easy integration through APIs with other systems for on boarding and HRMS enrollment

CONS

1- job stages not customizable per job title so all jobs will follow same stages 2- Reporting isn't very good as customization is limited. 3- Candidate Rating needs enhancement, it cannot be only about thumbs up or down

Cinde