Workable Reviews

4.35 / 5 (371) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 22 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "This system has really been great for us. It is easy to create jobs, post, and make notes throughout the process. "

• "Very easy to navigate, I like the quick view of applicants and stages and I like that I can click any one of them to see who’s in that stage. Very intuitive, little to no training needed"

• "Straightforward, easy to use - support was very responsive and really helped me get up to speed fast. Pay per job model is excellent for a startup like us."

• Cons

• "Really, there aren't that many. It's been a very intuitive process using Workable. I like the layout and havent had or seen many issues."

• " The software is a little on the expensive side when looking at competitors, but it works so flawlessly we don’t mind. "

• "Lack some of the features of some larger more expensive packages but is a minor for under 100 staff still a great product"

Browse Workable Reviews

Courtney from Samson Dental Partners

Great System, needs a few tweaks to be perfect

It's been great, the system is good, has a few things it could improve on but a good system.

Pros

Cons

Needs a better way for merging candidates from indeed, they get different email addresses so really causes a problem in our system. Need to be able to attach several reqs to one and clear they are together. Indeed integration is wonky, have issues with our jobs being seen but get far better results with a direct link. Ease of seeing things, if notes are so long hard to get to what is needed.

Response from Workable Software

Replied May 2020

Thank you for your feedback! It was shared with your Account Manager. We're glad that you've found Workable to be a great system.

Darlene from Kemp Technologies

Workable is Great!

What is really nice about Workable is that everyone on the team can see each other's comments and updates in real time. The calendaring feature that allows us to invite the candidate and have it show up on our outlook calendar is fabulous and makes our lives so much easier. Workable also sends emails with upcoming trainings which we find helpful.

Pros

What I like most about Workable is that it is intuitive and easy to use. We do very little training when we add employees to use the system. I also like how the system saves what I've been working on and can return to my notes without having to start over from the beginning.

Cons

Right now, there is nothing that I would complain about or change with Workable.

Reasons for Choosing Workable

We looked at several options but had it narrowed down to 2. The other option was much more expensive and we couldn't justify requesting the expense.

Response from Workable Software

Replied August 2019

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad getting people to adopt the system has been easy, and when your team needs additional training that we meet your needs.

Allie from ScaleSec

The Bad Outweighs the Good- Beware Sales!

Solid tool if you have a fairly simple process; still allows for customization, which is great. Hilariously/infuriatingly rude sales process. No desire to fix issues, just to trap you in contracts.

Pros

Workable has a simple, clean layout that was easy to customize and train my team on. It did exactly what we needed it to do and allows for a good deal of customization for our somewhat-unique hiring process.

Cons

The sales team are vultures. We planned to renew our contract after one year, and confirmed so via *email*. After some discussion, we realized we were probably overpaying; we included People Search in our initial contract (which is terrible and doesn't work reliably at all). We asked our sales rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], if we could remove that from our invoice, and were told we already had "a grandfathered deal" and should be glad we weren't paying more. The tone was downright rude. Because we don't need anything too complicated, we decided to move to another ATS with a slightly lower cost. When Workable sent us the invoice to renew, we notified them that we would not be doing so- 2 weeks before contract expiration. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] *so rudely* replied that my verbal acknowledgement a month before was binding, and that we were stuck with another year. Obviously, we're fighting that, but it's really shocking that Workable is more interested in roping customers into contracts than understanding why they want to leave in the first place.

Response from Workable Software

Replied February 2020

We're so sorry that you did not have a good experience with the Workable product and our Sales Team. Customer success is very important to us. As your Account Manager is in contact with you currently, we will also make sure to further understand everything in this review during our conversation.

Excellent customer service!

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a rock star. You should ask for her directly as your rep when initializing your contract with Workable. She went above and beyond to deliver excellent customer service and answer my many questions, even though my company size is smaller than those she typically contracts with.

Cons

So far, no complaints. Workable has a great user interface and integrates with CriteriaCorp, our candidate aptitude/personality screening software.

Reasons for Choosing Workable

Better features and better value.

Response from Workable Software

Replied January 2020

Thanks for your feedback! It's great to hear about your experience with our Sales Team. We're looking forward to having you as a Workable customer!

Deanna from Risk Strategies Company

Intelligent, affordable ATS

The experience has been nothing but positive. From sales to implementation to ongoing support, our transition has been nothing but exceptional service.

Pros

The features of the software are easy to use, intuitive, and anything that the user is unsure of is easily resolved through the self help guides, or customer support.

Cons

Nothing, the team is constantly working to improve the software so any issues are taken into consideration for a future release and/or there is usually a workaround found.

Features (especially The Hiring Plan) Cost

Response from Workable Software

Replied August 2019

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad your experience has been so positive throughout your relationship with Workable.

Monique from Trusted Hands Senior Care

Not a true Applicant Tracking System

Poor customer service, lack of applicants. Get better results directly on Ziprecruiter or Indeed

Pros

The price is affordable because we were an early customer.

Cons

Doesn't produce applicants in the timeframe needed

Jordyn from NexJ Systems Inc

Pay per job flexibility

overall easy to use, got the job done effectively and reporting and in-app search function was good

Pros

no commitment platform, you just pay per job posting which is good for if you are only hiring moderately

Cons

its basic, wasn't able to schedule send emails and in app emailing function was a bit confusing sometimes

Matthew from NextDocs

Workable Works

Workable is a fantastic product for internal recruitment teams, with a great UX/UI and workflow. It completes our company careers page, looks great and has already started to attract quality candidates to our openings. We really couldn't be happier!

Pros

Fantastic value for money, and complete flexibility across pricing plans! Custom Job Application Forms - helping you get as much information from the candidate as possible from the initial stages. Multiple Job Site Posting with ease. Social Recruiting - linking all of your social networks to make sure your jobs get optimum exposure. Team Involvement - you can add as many team members as you like to the system, and share as much or little as you like with the hiring managers. It is a much better way of controlling the review and interview processes, rather than simply relying on emails. Relevant Reporting & Analytic s - to help you see how your recruitment processes are performing, and also help you understand where you are having the most success when attracting new candidates.

Cons

It would be great if we could link our Twitter account to Workable for tweets about new roles, but other than that we have none.

Tyler from BirdEye

Entire team's notes in one place

Overall it has simplified our hiring and recruiting process which saves time and makes sure that we vet candidates more thoroughly.

Pros

Our company goes through multiple interview stages with different people in the various departments of our org. Workable is a great place to consolidate our notes on every candidate into one place so I can see what concerns or positives other people have uncovered. We don't need to send multiple emails or keep a google doc anymore because Workable contains everything in one place.

Cons

I don't have any major concerns, I'm not a recruiter so I only use Workable on a surface level and so far it's met every need that I've had.

Response from Workable Software

Replied December 2019

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad your hiring team collaboration and interview process are much smoother with Workable.

George from CounterPath

Everyone hiring needs applicant tracking

Much better than tracking applicants manually. Good software with good set of features.

Pros

Good set of features for applicant tracking. Multiple permission levels and users to keep and track internal plus external communication

Cons

Formatting of embedded attachments didn't always display properly. Overall, works well. If you don't keep grooming your list of applications, it can get overwhelming

Response from Workable Software

Replied March 2020

Thanks for your review! We're glad you enjoy using Workable. I've passed along your feedback about embedded attachments to your Account Manager so that we can get a better understanding for what's happening in your account.

May 2015

Rose from MCS

May 2015

JUST WHAT WE WERE LOOKING FOR, AND MORE!!!!

Pros

The software is well thought out, and by far the ONLY affordable option we found on the market. The fact that our employment ads, once on Workable, automatically go out to many FREE job sites without any further action on our part is a huge plus and has led to our being able to have more applications to review (and even more than we can handle sometimes -- but that's HARDLY a complaint!) Workable has been a blessing to our company. I know that sounds cliche', but it's definitely true. I personally spoke with various vendors and attended a few online demos of other options, but the pricing was way beyond what our company's budget could handle! The President of our Company would only support monthly fees that were next to nothing, and I did not believe that such a product existed -- we had also searched a year or so ago, to no avail due to pricing. (Unfortunately I did not come across Workable at that time, or we would be a year into using it by now! The vendor has a helpful, down-to-earth approach. I have received an email or two (often from more than one rep) AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK asking how we like the product and if there is anything Workable can do to further support us. Workable's reps understand the right balance of "helpful". To receive phone calls would be annoying because our office environment is hectic and it's much more efficient to be able to communiate via email. I like receiving their messages, because it provides a quick and easy avenue to address questions or concerns. Any time I have asked a question through email, I have received a response very quickly.

Cons

I do not have any significant complaints. The one thing that the Workable software does not include is a pre-made space for an applicant to input their middle name. In instances where an applicant has a very common first and last name, we WANT that middle name (call us crazy!?!). I approached a Workable rep about this (via trusty email!) and he said that they have found that, in the absence of a specific Middle Name block, applicants tend to put their first and middle name in the First Name block. This has not been our experience at all, and I found that answer a bit offputting -- but it's far from a major issue! The software allows for users to add fields beyond the generic, but I believe applicants would be more apt to fill in their middle name if the block was there, front and center. Some applicants just leave the name space we added blank since it's "after the fact". Again though, if this is our biggest problem, we will still prosper with the help of this software!

Diana from Dash Robotics

The Easiest Applicant Tracking Software to Figure Out

We're a startup with less than 15 people trying to hire 4-5 more. We have two people in charge of recruiting. After getting in touch with other ATS' (Lever, BreezyHR, Jobvite, HiringThing, the Applicant Stack), we went with Workable. This is possibly simply because most of those other softwares put me into a sales cycle queue, and I had to wait 3-4 days before I could talk to someone or see a demo. Meanwhile, Workable lets you sign up for a trial, and gets out of your way. I figured everything out on my own in 20 minutes. I think this is a testament to how well built their UI is-- you don't need a 30 minute handheld demo to figure it out, unlike other ATS (apparently). To compare, BreezyHR was also fairly intuitive, but we liked the feel of Workable better. Lever is also VERY beautiful software, but we got quoted around 6k/year (no monthly option). Meanwhile, Workable, is 200/mo for 4 jobs (monthly, not annual contract), and has 98% of the same functionality. Lever, based on the demo I got from their very nice saleslady, seems better if you're a big company where you need help streamlining communication quickly between departments, or want help auto-nurturing your recruited candidates. That just wasn't us, we're smaller and only hiring 4-5 people right now. Workable was easy to figure out, responsive, customizable, and I liked the monthly pay option. I would recommend it to any startup or small company, without any hesitation. Also, if you're recruiting...the real Workable seller is the People Search function. I almost don't want to talk about it, because I don't want other people to know about it.

Pros

-Incredibly intuitive interface -Upfront pricing that's easy to understand and reasonable (not great, but reasonable) -Customizable pipeline -People Search Chrome extension is INCREDIBLE and no one else has it. -Easy, one step posting to multiple job sites (free and premium) -Custom links so applicants can apply from anywhere and still end up in your pipeline. -On/Off mode: You can pay monthly when you're hiring, and stop when you have no active jobs. You won't lose your data.

Cons

-A few bugs (software doesn't always fetch a photo when you put in an email, even if it finds multiple social profiles) -Customer Support isn't immediate (you have to email, but they usually respond in <6 hours)

April 2015

Victoria from Merchants Metals

April 2015

Excellent Service and Job Posting Portal

Working with Workable is great! The system is very intuitive and straight forward; it is easy to use, understand, customize, and looks neat and professional. Categories for candidates are well organized and it is easy to manage candidates who were not selected versus those we would like to see continue through the interviewing and hiring process. We have received many hits on our postings and have quality candidates applying for each position we post. I love how un-cluttered Workable is. Workable has everything we need to successfully fill our positions, and has nothing that we don't need. Our company "careers" page looks very professional, modern, and we love that it can be used on its own as a link from our company page, or embedded via code into our page directly. I also enjoy the fact that if we're not reaching a good audience using the standard free listings, we have the option for a small fee to make our job posting premier or sponsored on the site of our choice for greater visibility. Haven't had to use this yet though as we're happy with the candidates currently coming in. It's really easy to add users, hiring managers, and external recruiters to Workable and assign job openings to them. We hire for a lot of different locations and it is great to have a manager 3000 miles away be able to manage their candidates on their own with ease. Resume upload and parsing is great and helped us from the transition from an old job posting portal to Workable. I uploaded hundreds of resumes from active jobs we had open with the old system into the new posts we made with Workable, and the process took all of 10 minutes with no data entry involved on my end. All our candidates are saved and attached to their proper jobs, and nothing was lost in the transition. Workable customer service is very prompt and polite, and always resolve our questions and inquiries quickly and with great advice and support. Workable shows that they value their customers and will work with us to train us in their system, help with setup and any issues we may encounter. To be honest we don't really have a lot of issues with Workable to begin with, but the few we had (getting them set up as a vendor because they are not based in the US and basics of learning ins and outs of the system) have been resolved to our expectations. A+ service at an A+ value.

katy from borrowell

An ATS that works

works for me

Pros

-easy to find candidates by name -easy to edit job descriptions

Cons

-no custom sharing links -would like to be able to tailor messages to candidates more -would like to be able to filter candidates based on certain criteria -would like to be able to search for candidates by last 4 digits of phone number

cost

Response from Workable Software

Replied August 2019

Thanks for your feedback - we're glad you enjoy using Workable! Your account manager and our support team are always here to help come up with solutions to any problems you encounter.

Caleb from Kestra Financial, Inc.

Easy to Use and Cost Effective

It's a good company and a good platform that is easy to use. If you are looking for a more cost effective option and are okay with losing some of the features you would get with a bigger ATS, Workable is a good choice. They do focus on rolling out new features and I am excited to see what happens next with them.

Pros

Very easy to use system, and the interfaces are intuitive for admins, users, and applicants. Each job goes out to 12 free job boards and candidates find it very easy to apply. Also allows candidates to apply with LinkedIn. Tracking of candidates through each job process is very easy with the "Bins" that peoples can flow through. Email templates, interview templates help keep the process simple and effective. Workable allows for each integration with HRIS, screening tools, and other interfaces.

Cons

Not much customization available depending on the price point you are willing to pay. More of an out-of-box software and does not allow the flexibility you would see with some other bigger ATS's. Some features you

Michael from Friends of the High Line

Easy to use product!

Pros

Functionality of the product is superb. Many of our hiring managers find it really easy to use. Often times, they don't even need a training on how to use the product. My favorite feature is the ability to email candidates directly from the software. It's a great way to keep yourself organized especially when you are emailing a dozen candidates. It also allows other hiring managers to see your emails that way they are aware of your progress with the candidate.

Cons

One thing I do not like about Workable is the fact that the hiring stages cannot be customized for each individual role. For example, if one role requires a phone interview and another does not, I cannot remove this phone interview stages for the role that does not require it. The hiring stages are "one size fits all."

Madelin from Slingshot Inc

My favorite ATS so far!

The ease of use allows me to track my applicants in the most effective way. Workable saves me time in recruiting, with the options of templates, background checks, assessments, and other integrations.

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of use. Everything is laid out in such a way, that you can navigate easily. I've trained a few people to use Workable, and they picked it up quickly. They also have many integrations that improve the value. The customizable pipeline is great, and they offer templates you can write, or use their provided ones. They have the option to drag and drop a resume, which will upload a candidate. I use this feature frequently and it is the quickest and most effective I've seen. Overall, Workable has the features I want most in an ATS.

Cons

The reporting is not my favorite. They have many options for reports, but you cannot customize all of them, which makes it harder to track the lead sources in depth. I wish there was a better rating system, currently, I can do thumbs up or thumbs down, but I find many candidates don't fall into either of those two categories.

Elizabeth from Examsoft Worldwide, Inc

It was a great stepping stone

If you only need a few roles, and you want something super easy to use with basically no learning curve, this is a great option. If you need 5 or more open jobs at all times, you might benefit from shopping around.

Pros

Workable was VERY easy to use - the buttons are where you want them to be, it's easy to create new roles, emails, etc. My favorite piece was the clean/easy dashboard. An unlimited user is a nice feature. The scorecards are awesome and easy to use, and they are creating new helpful features like this all the time. Gmail integration works well.

Cons

Workable's pricing structure isn't conducive to our needs anymore, it's gotten expensive for the platform that it is. There's no email automation aside from template creation, you can't create different pipeline stages for different roles - you are stuck with one pipeline for all your reqs. Outlook integration does NOT work well.

Adele from Lucas Museum of Narrative Art

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Does The Job

We use Workable as our primary hiring portal to track a job from posting to final hire. Overall it's been easy and intuitive to use. Great as an active workflow tool.

Pros

Really appreciate how the system keeps a running track of communication, correspondences, and interview invites by day and time for each candidate. Also, the ability for each party in the hiring process to leave their feedback on candidates at each stage of the process, and vote people forward or not, provides such a streamlined workflow for moving applicants through the pipeline. Additional features such as single-click links for syndicating a job posting, and being able to set permissions for each job on the back-end, are incredibly useful as well.

Cons

There is a lot of scrolling-- scrolling down lists of candidates, scrolling down candidate applications. When you are dealing with hundreds of applicants, it can be difficult to track which applications you have read and those you haven't.

Response from Workable Software

Replied April 2019

Thanks for your feedback! In terms of scrolling through candidates, I recommend reaching out to support@workable.com and they can help to optimize your pipeline. Alternatively, we have a webinar on Perfecting your Workable Pipeline: https://help.workable.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016241153--Video-Webinar-Perfecting-your-Workable-pipeline

Mohamed from INTDV

Very good Value for Money

the System is very good and affordable for small and medium and maybe some large companies, it will make life easier for recruiters and fasten the process, but if you need more Analysis, reports and also if you have complex requirements for hiring process & stages it will aim for other ATS the System features is developing which is something exciting.

Pros

1- Reasonable price compared to other ATS 2- Easy to use Software that doesn't need much training and easy navigation around the System. 3- availability of trial period which is not the case with other ATS 4- automate the publishing of job vacancies on free and premium sites as well 5- customizable pipeline. 6- Chrome browser extinsion which I didn't see in most ATS. 7- Auto screening process based on the criteria defined for the Job. 8- Interview Management, from Calendaring to scoring and Qualifying the candidate 9- easy integration through APIs with other systems for on boarding and HRMS enrollment

Cons

1- job stages not customizable per job title so all jobs will follow same stages 2- Reporting isn't very good as customization is limited. 3- Candidate Rating needs enhancement, it cannot be only about thumbs up or down

Diego from Tenfold

Great Tool -- Some Room for Improvement

Workable is a great tool for tracking and building out recruitment funnels. There are some irregularities, such as issues where LinkedIn profile duplicates are not recognized when uploading a candidate via a link. With a large team, this adds an extra step to every upload by needing to double-check the system for a candidate prior to making an upload. Room for Improvement: Build out the Chrome extension to immediately recognize duplicates straight from the browser.

Pros

* Able to build out recruiting funnels/hiring process. * Wide variety of analytics to track recruiting KPIs. * Candidates can easily be tracked throughout the process. * Quickly pull up social media information.

Cons

* Gmail conversations do not always sync, which leaves you needing to use Workable. * Duplicates are not recognized by the system. * Social media information is not always accurate.

Amanda from Mental Health Association of Columbia and Greene Counties

Review from The Mental Health Association of Columbia-Greene Counties

Overall our experience with workable has been great no issues that have never been resolved. An easy to use software.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use this software, it is extremely easy to teach new users most of the features that they would need to use. Another thing I love about the software is if you ever have a question most of them can be answered by looking in the help section. I use the chat feature a lot when I am having issues and the response is always fast and efficient.

Cons

I wish there was a way to kick back the voluntary EEO forms to our email when individuals fill them out instead of just a report that can be run.

Taylor from Porter Corp.

Workable review

Pros

Workable is extremely easy to use. The features built in are very self explanatory and the job boards are top notch.

Cons

Everything seems to be coming at a price now. Workable started off as one of the most truly affordable ATS systems. They have not always been the first ATS to the table when introducing new functionality, but they seem to do a good job with it. However, they have been taking away portions of the product that were initially available, which comes off as greedy. Customer service is incredibly inflexible at times, which is quite frustrating for a company that has been with them for so long.

One of the best ATS for small and medium sized companies

The product was of great help while we were rapidly expanding without a structure to our hiring. Workable allowed us to customize the job flow as we required

Pros

The tool has been a great asset for your organization. it allows us to pick and customize the modules that we want to use and expand as we need. We also love the attention to detail and their understanding of the recruitment process. Features like easy sharing of profiles with hiring managers, candidate feedback and tracking have been built with great care and thought. Its made our recruiters work a lot easier

Cons

The software has certain drawbacks when implemented at a large scale. The ATS might not be the easiest to scale and minor bugs can be found occasionally.

Matt from TrialScope

Great Platfrom for Internal Recruting

I have been using Workable for many years, at several different companies and can not say enough great things about this product. Its UI is fantastic, integration with sites such as indeed, monster etc. are seamless and have many other integrations are great.

Pros

What is there not to like. Pros 1. Low cost 2. Easy integration with O365 and Google 3. Collaboration/team sharing of information on candidates 4. Great UI 5. Easy integration to Co. website 6. Easy posting to both free and paid job boards

Cons

Cons 1. must be a premium license holder for some of the functionality and integrations and the price change is rather large moving from one license type to another. 2. no way to countersign offer letter 3. Would be nice if they could handle onboarding as well as an add on feature.

Reasons for Choosing Workable

Cost and previous experience with the platform.

Response from Workable Software

Replied August 2019

Thanks for your feedback! It's always great to hear about people who've used Workable at several companies.

Global Hiring Tool

This software has helped us hire our international workforce without any major issues. We continue to find new integration tools that will help us achieve our hiring goals faste.

Pros

This software has allowed us to connect with multiple employees around the world. The tool allows you to keep control from the beginning of the application process up to the hiring stage, the connectivity with other apps is seamless. We've synced our hiring process with BambooHR and we are happy about it.

Cons

If a potential employee gets rejected once we have to delete the info before they can re-apply, this is a hassle as we can't store previous information or feedback from their first application.

Arun from ARPS International

Used workable as user for over 2 years. Generally a good experience.

Pros

Generally a good software for recruiting except for timeline and dates. Easy to use and handle.

Cons

What I dislike and face difficulty is the historical timeline. The software does not indicate the historical date of submittal or date of comment/note. It just says 10 days back or 1 year back (Which may be approximate) . Dont have exact date to pull up candidate email from the outlook if needed ! Also if you reply to a workable email message the reply is partially cutoff and does not appear on work

Roxy from Roadmunk

Made my life easier!

Organized candidates, kept track of communications to candidates, easy to pull reports!

Pros

Keeping candidates organized, create own pipeline stages, communicate with others or with candidate directly.

Cons

Messages meant to be sent within the company were sent to the candidate by different stakeholders, ie more than one person made this mistake which means this is a flaw in the design. Talent pool was also a bit confusing, I'd like to move candidates from Talent Pool to a pipeline and vice versa.

Aaron from James and James

Everything you need in one place

Pros

Excellent product all-round, I have used several ATS in my life, but never has one been so user-friendly and functional as Workable. I don't need to instruct new users when I add them, it's so simple.

Cons

There is a big focus on them releasing new features which is great, but these are big-win features that will attract more customers, also great, but it's not very often that there are features that improve the existing product and benefit existing clients.

Maria from Partnerhero

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Good starting ATS for a small/medium size startup.

In general, workable was a good tool to use and I think it helped us get of the ground when we started designing our recruitment department and processes. I would have liked a little more support from their team and them being able to innovate and integrate news features much faster than what they did.

Pros

Workable was the first solution that we found as an ATS for our recruitment process. It was good and solid for what we needed at that moment. It was straightforward and easy to manage. It provided several integrations to maintain a good workflow in our process

Cons

We found ourselves having to do a lot of manual work instead of automatizations. It was a work in progress and they couldn't add many of the features that we wanted at that time.

Response from Workable Software

Replied May 2019

Appreciate the feedback! Innovation is core to Workable and we're always expanding our product offering!

Nivin from Indian Oil Corporation Limited

Industry: Oil & Energy

Simple and effective applicant tracking system

Pros

Whatever advertisement you post, gets automatically posted in free job sites and you get more reach and this feature is available in both free and paid versions. The application is very cost effective. A clean and intuitive interface is provided. It is one of simplest applicant tracking system. The pipeline feature is very much customizable. You are provided with a people search google chrome extension which reduces time consumption. There is this on and off mode, as payment is concerned, you need to only pay for the time you use the application. The applicants can also apply via linked in. the application provides a lot of integrations including HRIS and other screening tools. The available email and interview templates help in simplifying the process and reduces the time lag. The interfaces are easy to use for both the users as well as the applicants. Very responsive customer service and support system.

Cons

The Application is a little pricey for small firms even though the features are well suited for startups.

Great customer service!

Pros

It's simple and easy to use. Easily posts to external job boards with just a click. The employer careers pages are simple and clean- could be more customizable and interactive but the product is fairly cheap compared to competitors. Customer service is FAST and always helpful. We've been with workable since the beginning and they've taken our feedback into consideration.

Cons

The only real downside is the database search is somewhat cheap. I'm a huge pipeline recruiter- their hashtags to categorize help but a boolean search function would be awesome.

Very well designed recruitment management tool

Very well-designed, easy to use recruitment management tool. Has given us visibility at every stage of process

Pros

Intuitive to use. Easy to manage even when juggling lots of applications. Good inbox layout and workflow through hiring process works well. Filters are useful feature as well..

Cons

Really not much to criticize - I've used a lot of these types of applications and this one is probably the most intuitive to use. Occasionally small lag when jumping from jobs to people lists - but this is minor.

Response from Workable Software

Replied April 2019

Glad to hear you like Workable's design! We strongly believe in user-focused product design.

Alex from UBT (EU) LTD

Industry: Executive Office

Decent system

Pros

Ease of use. That has to be the biggest pro. Our team love it. It is simple to navigate and it is very straightforward. No unnecessary extra clicks are required. it was clearly designed for recruiters

Cons

This is nit picking but the reporting and analytics is too basic. I would like to add additional fields to report on but were nit even available at implementation stage. I would also like to set up users on a read only basis (some hiring managers cannot be trusted to edit!) so they can see real time updates but cannot edit anything.

Allan from Partnerhero

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Good ATS for your Recruitment Department

Workable was good to start with. It definitely helped us get going with the whole recruiting process for our company. Price was also reasonable for what the product had to offer. I can't complain on the time we used it.

Pros

I liked that it helped us start our recruiting department from scratch and it was easy to use. It helps you organize and keep track of candidates and their information.

Cons

I did not like that it lacked features like having its own built in video conference tool for international interview. Also, I never fully knew what the tool was capable of doing. Instructions and training were very basic.

Response from Workable Software

Replied June 2019

Thanks for your feedback! We're always expanding our product offering and creating new training materials to help customers optimize their recruitment process.

Nicola from Sandfield

Very easy to set up, tidy simple process and dashboard

Work definitely recommend for those wanting to streamline recruitment and build a talent pipeline without an expensive outlay.

Pros

Easy move through, simple to track notes and to share with hiring managers, easy tagging, not complicated, intuitive easy to manage the candidate experience.

February 2015

Dennis from TalkLocal

February 2015

Workable makes work more Workable (terrible title I know)

Pros

Our company previously used to use an email account and an Excel spreadsheet to manage job applications/potential candidates. Although it wasn't pretty, this method worked when our applicant pool was limited. When we moved to our new office, one of our main priorities was to heavily recruit interns/sales people. When the applications started pouring in, we knew that we had to find a program that would: -easily manage the applicants coming in -store all resumes/cover letters/information in one place -send out automated emails for different stages in the hiring process A representative from Software Advice suggested Workable to us, and after our first demo, we knew this was the perfect program for our small/mid level business. The interface is sleek and very user-friendly. What we found particularly helpful was the ability to streamline the applicants using a company-specific Workable page where applicants can submit their information/resume electronically. All in all, we are very happy with Workable and will continue to use it in the future.

Cons

The product is a bit on the pricey side, but considering all the time we've saved by using it, the costs are definitely justified.

Michaela from Rocky Creek Veterinary Hospital

Industry: Veterinary

Great hiring platform

Overall, great platform, i am very happy with them and we will continue to use workable for all our hiring needs.

Pros

I love that you can stage your applicants as you work through the hiring process and it keeps track for you. It makes it so much easier to track who i have called and who i have interviewed. Especially when you are screening hundreds of people. I used to get people mixed up or not remember what i interviewed and which one i called. I am so glad i can easily track and see that in Workable. I also love that i can post several jobs and track each job and it will post to several job boards all over. Maximizing my reach for finding the perfect candidate.

Cons

Sometimes the email option is slow to refresh, it doesn't always let me know right away when someone sends an email back. It can take a few hours to show up when someone says they have emailed back.

Inga from Adform

Review from a non HR person

our company uses the software because we do have a lot of hires and it saves terrific time for communication and reviewing candidates/ profiles.

Pros

I like the "all in one place" feeling and comments section. This was a new product to me and I found it usable, easy to learn and intuitive enough.

Cons

What I didn't like is delays in email notifications to my email when a new candidate or comments arrive. Somehow after I receive an email that a new candidate has applied, I go to the system and find out that this happened 6-8-12 hours before...

Shannon from Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Workable

Workable is an amazing product and it is ideal for recruiting in a professional work environment. I would highly recommend.

Pros

The program is easy to understand and use. The program offers flexibility in designing communication templates and the application. I appreciate the ability to directly link to my calendar.

Cons

Though I believe Customer Service has done a very nice job of helping me learn the system, it can be frustrating when I am looking for an answer quickly. Communication starts with an email or chat session which is not often returned until the next day.

Sabrina from Aviya Aerospace Systems

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Overall good experience, if workable allows the employers to easily see the candidates application history without having to physically check each posting they applied to it would make the user experience much better.

Pros

I like how multiple hiring managers can access simultaneously, leave comments, and keep track of candidates.

Cons

I do not like how it is job based not profile/candidate based - for example, if the same person applies to 5 jobs we will not be able to easily see the comments/status from their other applications unless we physically check each position they have applied to. This makes it a very lengthy process. i would say this is the biggest draw back we are currently facing with workable.

Meredith from Flite

March 2015

Excellent ATS, excellent team! Great for small businesses.

Overall, Workable is a great applicant tracking system (ATS). When my team was using a different ATS, every hiring manager began the meeting by telling me how much they hated that ATS. Once we switched to Workable, everything just worked the way it was supposed to. The hiring managers enjoyed using it too. Some of my favorite parts of it are: - it is very easy to set up - the UX is very clean and easy to use - the customer service is excellent - I always got speedy responses to any questions I asked! - the integrations with free/paid job boards is great, they offer a lot of options - they're constantly making improvements and adding new features - the 15 day trial is a great way to play around with it and see how easy it is to set up - the Chrome extension that allows you to import profiles into Workable Some small but standard features that I think it's missing are: - the ability to delay emails (i.e. if you're rejecting a candidate, have the email send in 1 or 2 days instead of immediately) - the ability to customize job pipelines for each role (you can customize it for the entire company, though!) We are switching to another ATS because we want more out of our ATS (offer letter integration, interview feedback, etc). However, Workable is a great tool! I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to start using an ATS to organize their hiring, or anyone who is unhappy with their ATS and wants something basic but very solid. The ability to pay monthly without a contract is also appealing - you can try it out and then switch if you don't like it.

Lauren from Kat U. Realty

All your hiring needs in one place

Big fan. These folks got their product right. Highly recommend, especially for small teams with limited time to devote to the recruiting process. Totally streamlines everything!

Pros

I've been involved in hiring for over a decade and have never found as great a tool as Workable! You can do just about everything through its interface: search, view resumes and screening questions, outreach, set appointments that sync with my calendar, compare candidates, share candidates, rate and comment on candidates (great for teams), easily follow candidates through their path to hiring, buy advertising with all the major job portals. This is everything I need to make hiring a snap!

Cons

I really only have 2 comments regarding ways to improve: 1) When printing resumes, allow them to maintain their original formatting submitted by the candidate 2) Integrate a feature like Assistant.to for scheduling so that I can give candidates several different time slots to choose from that automatically sync to my calendar

Brad from ActivTrak.com

It gets the job done without frills

Pros

Workable isn't the most feature-filled option out there, but I kind of like that about it. It's to the point, good integrations for the most part, and effective. You also have lots of customizable options with regard to your desired pipeline flow.

Cons

Some more integrations would be great, but my primary request would be for them to lower the number of clicks required to achieve certain functions. It can be incredibly repetitive with unnecessary clicks.

Jenna from Vivint Smarthome

Workable Review

My overall experience with Workable has been great. It's easy to use and has a lot of amazing functions to help with our recruiting process.

Pros

I love how easy it is to track everything under a candidate's profile and to move candidates along under a job requisition. It's a great central location for all candidate notes, feedback, etc.

Cons

I'm not sure I have any real complaints. My only complaint would be that (at least for us) we haven't fully been able to integrate it with Outlook.

Response from Workable Software

Replied May 2020

Thanks for your feedback! I've passed along your review to your Account Manager. We're glad that you've enjoyed Workable's functionality and that it continues to help your recruitment process.

Yuri from EDELWEISS Management Consulting GmbH

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Great instrument for candidate management

Pros

I like the parsing algorhytm of Workable: just enter the name and candidate's email and social profile's information will be parced from the net. Easy upload of CVs, great candidate management, erase of duplicated entries and check of CVs for duplicates, great system for team work, notices, shortlisting etc.

Cons

Too many functions and you need time to discover and use all of them. Not very clear pricing structure for packages and paid functions.

November 2015

Annie from Liberum

November 2015

Recruitment Manager Review

Pros

I really like how you can easily categorize job candidates. The ability to publish to multiple job sites simultaneously is convenient. I also like how easy it is to email candidates right from Workable. If I switch to my main email, Workable also allows me to import those emails with one click. I can add tags that make it easy to search for candidates later. I also really like the note system and that it leaves a time stamp.

Cons

I do not like that once you close out a position you cannot contact or leave notes about those applicants easily without importing them to a new job posting. I understand paying for active job postings, but sometimes I am still contacting potential candidates after closing a position. It would be nice if that was not affected just because the posting is no longer active.

Robin from Infobahn Softworld

It is exactly a Human Resources choice

Pros

I had my HR team use this software and everyone told me that starting from maintaining the resume data till the candidate is onboarded the product employs all streamlined methods to ensure the data is stored correctly without any inaccuracy.

Cons

I understand it is little time talking for anyone to understand the tool first because it looks like it is complex at a first glance., but training can reduce this shortcoming.

pankaj from Intelliswift

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Workable Review

Pros

Workable is one of the best tool where the migration of your database is the easiest from you old system or database,supports clean and smooth mass mailing ,it is one of the tools where it has a extension for google chrome as well for one click and easy recruiting and many such other important features that you may need

Cons

Workable seriously need to work on their customer service platform which is often slow sometimes really non responsive and not helping ,Job posting also needs to be improvised as its not that interacting like their other competitors in the market

Evaggelia from Eurobank

Super User Friendly ATS

Overall experience is very good, easy to work with, time saving, very good customer support whenever needed, extra tips provided from the company even through their blog or their webinars. I'm happy to work with it

Pros

It's very easy to work with and to collaborate with hiring managers and other involved parties. Their new mobile app is really good, saves time and effort

Cons

The reporting options and the search options are relatively weak. Also their people