• Pros

• "Super easy to use, organized, and user friendly! "

• "It very easy to use, with friendly design and accessibility!"

• "This tool is fairly easy to use. Easy to request time off and manage other things related to my employment"

• Cons

• "A little difficult to find where things are sometimes, but once you learn the system, it's fairly straight forward. "

• "Some processes can be slow, which causes system to show error. Besides that, all works great!"

• "Sometimes it takes several “clicks” to do complete a task. For example, entering a time sheet takes several clicks. However, this is minor and is no longer an issue once you get the hang of it!"

Browse Workday HCM Reviews

Vera from Event-Wednesday

Very good timesheet system

Having so many people in the company, it is very time consuming to manage HR related things for everyone on top of having new recruits. It is easily accessible for the current employees (can't say much for the new employees). I can access and make changes at home or at the office.

Pros

I like the ease of entering time worked and the time off request policies. That system works very well for my colleagues and I am able to revise entries and easily submit it to my supervisor. Sending reminders to everyone about updating info in workday is another good feature that we utilize often. It is also nice to have the quicklinks feature as it makes things easier to find in a time crunch. The payroll feature has been useful to me as well, I like being able to go back and see past checks.

Cons

The process can be tedious. Whenever I make a change, it goes through upper management. The goals and self appraisal process were also very confusing. There were multiple steps and I didn't see why it needed to be that way. They should've just made everything available online instead of us having to upload a word document of our goals and appraisals.

Morgan from IBM - Kenexa

Workday for Recruitment

Overall the experience has been ok, but if you are looking for a true ATS this is not the answer unless you make some serious tweaks to the setup.

Pros

Ability to use as ATS as well as HR database and tie candidates to employee once hired and onboarded.

Cons

Inability to see candidates on Requisitions that are assigned to other recruiters / users within Workday.

Reasons for Switching to Workday HCM

To have one system to use as an ATS as well as HR function.

Workday is a must for any serious company

I wasn't sure what to expect from Workday, but now after using it for some time, I can confirm that this is one of the best solutions to track almost everything that is happening inside of your whole Organization/Corporation.

Pros

It is very easy to use Workday, track down what is happening within my Organization, payroll, are there any new open jobs in the whole company ( no matter which country am I checking, I will get all information about the open jobs, pre req for it and what are the benefits of that position ) or even some new trainings ( and surveys to improve our organization ).

Cons

Sometimes while checking the Organization tab, tiles representing agents and their Leadership are getting glitchy, which gets resolved with the refresh of the screen, but overall experience is more than good.

Half-Baked Cake

I've used the Recruiting module for three years now, I can't help but wonder if the development team has involved an experienced recruiter when developing the module. I honestly don't think that Workday is ready to roll out to the market. If you are the decision maker consider buying this application, you really should include your recruiters' opinions.

Pros

The look and layout of the worklets are the only things I can praise about.

Cons

The business processes are too disconnected to count. The security level is so high up that a small change requires the product admin. (or whoever has the security level) to configure it at the backend. Pre-screening questionnaires must be pre-defined and pre-populated in the system - you can’t adjust the questions according to the requirements of each job at the time of Job Requisition creation. Trying to find a Job Requisition associated with a Position requires the skills of Sherlock Holmes. Recruiter receives many useless notifications and hiring managers receive many emails to a point of hysteria. Workday refreshes itself so frequently that recruiter can never leave their My Recruiting Jobs report on the screen longer than half-an-hour. Moreover, as soon as you click on any link on the My Recruiting Jobs report, any sorting/filtering will be lost. Customizing the columns of the Candidate Grid does not mean you can export it to Excel the same way you’ve arranged the columns. You can’t write comments as you read the resumes in the Candidate Grid - you have to go to individual application and write in the Activity Stream. Hiring managers can’t select and move multiple candidates at the Candidate Grid - can only move 1. You can’t use simple AND/OR with the filter feature at the Candidate Grid – can only search 1 word. When you search a specific name (i.e., Patel) in the Search Box, it spit out a list of names with no particular order; importantly, no filtering tools.

Seeba from USC

Industry: Biotechnology

Makes it so much easier to apply jobs

Pros

All professionals know how exhausting the application experience can be. Despite being skilled, knowledgeable, and experienced and reaching to the last level of the interview process, for some unknown reason it is always given to some brown-noser or somehow was already promised the job to someone else and thus professionals are back to square one in the application process. This makes it so easy as it carries over the information from your resume and is intelligent enough to fill the entry fields accurately.

Cons

While very accurate, I wish it would also carry over my skills, languages, certifications. Workday would be the number one option. I also wish that Workday increases its marketing to make it a household name for applications - all companies should be using this software to recruit employees.

Workday HCM software

Fantastic product that gave me all the insights I needed into my team. I was easily able to onboard and verify to-do documentation.

Pros

Value. One simple word. Workday's HCM platform is the Bentley of HR software. It's easy to use and provides incredible insights to employee and company data

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to maneuvering through the product. Our implementation took several months and the transition wasn't as smooth as we had hoped.

Reasons for Choosing Workday HCM

ROI, the value that came from selecting Workday as a full ERP.

David from Trusource Labs

Workday is a useful Payroll and Human Resources tool

I like working with it. The interface is clean and uncluttered, I can quickly enter time, request a day off and look at my pay stubs. Transitioning from Paycom was really pain free except we did not get charged for health benefits the first pay period and got ALL of it charged the subsequent pay period.

Pros

I like the simplicity with which employees can track their time worked, ask for time off, and see their pay stubs.

Cons

I wish it would let you stay logged in. I have to log in many times a day

Reasons for Switching to Workday HCM

We were bought by another company that uses Workday.

Ryan from Palantir

Great for managing Comp workflows, but not for analytics/reporting

Pros

1) Ability to audit change logs: who made what change when, who was it approved by, was it later edited or rescinded, etc. 2) The ability to mass rescind changes is a lifesaver; you can filter by data input date range, specific input files, individuals / business units, etc. 3) Quick learning curve to get familiar with the interface, new comp team members can get ramped up in no time.

Cons

1) While reporting within the tool does exist, I always found it lackluster compared to what we could build on top of it with Tableau or custom dashboard tools. 2) Doesn't do a great job of interacting with equity data, particularly vesting data. We always created custom tables in SQL and fed them into Workday for reporting purposes, didn't trust using it as the system of record for equity. 3) Difficult to make corrections to a comp change record without manually rescinding and updating subsequent comp changes (which can be VERY tedious).

It Has the Features You Need But Not the Usability Employees Want

From what I’ve observed, Workday is a robust tool and is often considered the industry standard because it is effective at what it does, even though its usability could be improved.

Pros

One of the best things about Workday is the ability to customize it to your company’s needs. For example, allowing administrators to upload a company background image is a nice touch. It’s also robust, allowing you to generate spreadsheets from data and tables (such as payslips). It also has some nice illustrations with micro-interactions.

Cons

Workday has poor usability and user experience. Features are not as intuitive or easy-to-use as other human resource software, such as Namely.

Brianna from Cigna

I use this for payroll and tax documents

Pros

I like that I can easily access on my phone or computer even when outside of work. It makes it easy to access and download my pay stubs , W2 and so much more.

Cons

Only thing i am a bit disappointed with is the fact that the app does like some features that are only accessible on the web version.

Finally getting away from PDFs

Pros

The best part of about Workday Performance Management is the ability to get away from manual processes. Previously at our company, we had to write our self-evaluations in a PDF document that was submitted to our managers. Then the manager could choose to write something completely different or utilize what was already written by the employee. Ultimately, the manual process left out information. With Workday Performance Management, everything is included. The self-evaluation is maintained within the performance review, as is the manager's review. That way anyone can compare and contrast what the manager had to say vs. what the employee had to say about themselves. All of this can be custom created per company so that an organization can keep whatever fields work best for them. It also can maintain goals, as well as milestones throughout the course of the year so that employees aren't just touching their reviews once a year, but actually working on them throughout the entire year. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with all that I have accomplished at the end of the year, unless I have written it down in a Word doc. But now you can add things to your review as it happens and then do one final edit at the end of the year.

Cons

The biggest con for me is the lack of stating what can be improved. This could be a customized field that my organization failed to incorporate. If that's true, then maybe the improvement could come from WorkDay itself on best practices. But every employee wants to shine a light on all the good they did throughout the course of the year. It is just as important for each employee to shine a light on the things they could do better, or improve upon for the next year. Another con for our organization was the length of time it took to implement WorkDay within our systems. It was far from an easy task that took thousands of man-hours to implement. However, now that it is implemented and people are using it, it seems to have been worth the effort.

‘A platform for employees to speak-up’

comparatively, ‘workday’ is an efficient, effective and affordable system for an above average organization.

Pros

Many companies lose their talented employees due to failures by the top management to recognize the contributions made by certain employees for the growth of the organization, which goes unnoticed by the hierarchy which creates a negative opinion towards the management by those employees. HCM tool makes a positive impact as a go-between the employee and management and WORKDAY has made substantial developments with this regard. ‘Workday’ HCM has given the employees all the freedom to put on record their contributions/ achievements, goals, training requirements, etc which has almost totally brought to halt human ignorance/negligence of appraisers during evaluations and give due recognition to each employee according to the employee value to the company. ‘Workday’ has many features that help both the management and employees to know each other better and make justifiable decisions. With an advanced HCM such as ‘workday’, it is not only the HR head, but the whole top management is aware of the positives and negatives of the members of the organization which strengthens the transparency of the decision makers. With ‘workday’, the management doesn’t need to wait till the due period for performance appraisals, but identify ‘real-time’ the value of certain talents and apply sensible decisions to recognize such employees. ‘workday’ comes with an attractive UI which is a pleasing plus point. Additionally, it supports multiple devices which are useful on the go.

Cons

so many beneficial features are incorporated in the system that it takes a fairly big effort to familiarize. As this is a HR centered software with access to each member, we find difficulties in getting the full potential due to cultural diversities by way of language barriers (non-English speakers).

New HR Tool brings some challenges and benefits

MY organization switched over to Workday and I had the chance to use this tool for a while now. I'll say that it's a lot easier to pick up and the available info to learn it was easy to grasp as well.

Pros

You can pretty much find any HR related features/questions/information in one spot. I was able to consolidate my benefits options, PTO, reviews, in one spot. I also think that it's certainly more robust/ takes a lot less down time than our previous software. Besides that Workday comes with the standard user logins, password setup, online time-sheet, etc. that I expect. I really like the ability to edit my own info very fast. I can change things like benefits or dependencies quickly rather than going directly to my HR's office.

Cons

My one complaint is that I used to be able to directly edit some of my team member's info and reviews from our old platform on my own. I think whether it's due to lack of access rights or just how my HR department has set it up, I can't do that any longer. It's a more lengthy process of getting it manually updated from my end and through some parties outside my immediate department.

Money pit - a software company that charges you for regular updates to their software

Everything you do with Workday costs money. Forget the annual licence cost, that's only part of it - every time you send an email or phone support you are on the clock. Twice a year when the software gets updated you are required to pay consulting fees to Workday or one of their service partners to test that the update actually works at your end. Most new features and enhancements are not provided for free as part of these updates, so you have to purchase them. Third party applications that supposedly integrate with Workday only do so after you pay thousands of dollars for Workday to set that up for you. Hidden costs everywhere - you need to budget for 25-50% per annum in service and other costs on top of your annual licence fee. Be warned - it is a unique business model in the software world.

Pros

The workflows are really good, particularly for recruitment and performance management

Cons

The interface is unusual from a UX perspective, and everything is very rigid. Workday offers little flexibility or user customisation, unless you are happy to spend a fortune with one of their service partners. Their expensive user training courses are absolutely appalling for adult learners - 4 days in a classroom flicking through a 500 page bound workbook, anyone?

Learning Curve, but Allows for a lot of Consolidation

Complex so far, but also rewarding to have a single platform to build off of. There are a lot of things that need to be monitored at once, but again, having things consolidated will make those efforts much easier, along with leveraging the consistent updates from Workday.

Pros

Consolidating one-off software into a single solution. We were utilizing separate candidate tracking software, performance review software, employee profile details, and more. Workday offers all of this, and once everything was ported over, it has become much easier to manage and there are now several other offerings that can be taken advantage of from a data analysis and management standpoint.

Cons

The onboarding and internal training required is extremely robust, however, essential. This is not an overnight switch, it will take a lot of time and internal training, to achieve the top uses of this powerful platform, but the expectation is that it will be very worthwhile.

Ben from IT

Difficult to learn without paying for courses but still a solid option

I have only been using Workday for a few months. After taking all of the integration courses and starting to build integrations I am reasonably comfortable with the back end but no front end knowledge which is required to test at least the inbound integrations. Be prepared to spend days researching certain topics before coming up with answers. I recommend hiring a consultant to help in house developers learn the tools and functionality if you decide to go with Workday.

Pros

-Basic functionality for end users is intuitive and easy to use. -Lots of options for integration with third parties -Easy to use, custom, report capability with the option to expose reports as services (RaaS). -Fairly easy to learn and use add-in for Eclipse for complicated integrations (Workday Studio).

Cons

-Training is expensive and is basically required to do an implementation due to lack of available reference material. Recording the online training for future reference is not permitted -The workday community site is cumbersome (searches are not ranked according to relevancy and it can take many hours to find what you are looking for). Some workday studio components don't seem to be documented at all on the site. -Certain functionality and community information is only provided to "Workday Implementation partners" which makes it nearly impossible to implement in-house without paying to outsource some of the work to a workday partner. -Workday doesn't seem to have been built with performance in mind. Even with server side paging, reports and integrations are very slow. -Lots of "hidden features." This would normally be a bonus but more advanced tasks require the user to know exactly what to search for from the application's search feature. Most of the functionality of workday is hidden in search results and isn't intuitively exposed in the UI.

Shaun from Retail/Self-Employed

Industry: Fund-Raising

Workday will make your day go more than okay!

Workday I am so glad it is becoming a lot more common in the industry and I love the convenience that the product provides to the consumer. It expedites the process of applying to positions on a lot of major corporations' websites.

Pros

I love the fact that you can upload your file onto their platform and everything is already prefilled in for you with great accuracy. Yes, other sites do offer that same kind of service but I do notice when applying the file onto the form to prefill, most other sites aren't as good in entering data in the correct fields. The interface is easy to use as well and does not take a long time to load.

Cons

The only thing that I don't like about the product is the fact that depending on the carrier using the product, your account may or may not be saved. Which is no big deal, you just create another account for each consumer's page you are visiting and wish to register on.

Jennifer from San Jacinto Storage

Workday makes it very easy to choose which benefits work best for your family and your needs.

I feel like worday is a great program to use. Especially if you have a large business and you want to deliver a wealth of information to all of your employees at their convenience vs. a time you want to select. The platform can also allow for users to access it from their own home PC's so they can truly do what they need to on their own time. As an employee, I felt like that was a great feature.

Pros

I used workday benefits for over 7 years with a property management company that I worked for. Each year we would log into workday to view the current benefits available and choose which benefits worked best for our needs and our families, if any. IT was super easy to use. They would show you on workday side by side what benefits provided which coverages, and at what costs. You could even use a comparison to see which benefits were going to work best. It also showed all the different types of benefits the company offered such as medical, dental, 401k, LTD, STD, vision and what not. It was very clear what you were selecting and you had to double and triple confirm which benefits you selected. Also, once open enrollment was closed, there was a way, where if you had a qualifying life event, you could change your benefits. It was a very easy, straight forward program for us to use.

Cons

Sometimes while using the software, it would "hiccup" when switching between coverages and I would have to re log in and get to where I was. It was truly a mild issue which wasn't frustrating. This also my have had a LOT to do with the internet I was using and not the actual program itself...

Powerful Interface Human Resources System

Pros

Workday Recruiting has taken our HR needs to the next level. Where can you you find a software that has the combination not just for your HR needs but for finance and planning as well. Each time I have board meetings at the bank, I feel secured that I can extract all the information I need from this software. It didn’t just keep my work organized, but also gave me the ability to track data ranging from time sheets to expenses which is what I basically needed. I’m so glad we invested in this software which has lightened my workload in half.

Cons

My only pet peeve with this software is when you encounter an error while posting a job opening, you’ll need to redo the whole thing again. Unless I am missing something, there is no option to resubmit, but it makes you start the entire process all over again.

Tom from Marsh and McLennan Companies

Workday HCM - a very logical system with lots of steps!

This is a good, all-in-one system for organizations that wish to use just the one system.

Pros

- A good dashboard that makes it easier for the user to navigate around - Looks sleek and simple layout - Has a decent recruiter dashboard if you're using this as an Applicant Tracking System - A good one-stop shop for logging holidays, expenses, illness, development plans

Cons

- The system can feel 'clunky,' at times and there is a latency when you're trying to do free-hand search in the search toolbars - The Recruiter platform doesn't allow you to build talent pipelines as easy as competitor systems - Reporting for a user can be limited

I use workday as a end user

it is awesome.

Pros

I use workday as a end user in my orgination.In workday what i like most is helps to maintain transparency between management and lower employee.In workday any employee can see full hierarchy of his/her organization so their is no hide and seek between management and employee.Employee can see his all year performance,his role in organization detail ,his profile,training,skill everything in one single place.and for company also it is easy to track each single employee detail like performance,skills,work history.

Cons

I dont find any thing which I dont like in workday as it make transparency in organization so I will suggest to organization to use workday so it increase employee's trust on organization which is very necessary for any organization.

Lexie from BYU-Hawaii

Industry: Graphic Design

Easy access for all

There couldn't be any easier to use software for the simple task of keeping track of honest work hours in the workplace. It's one more thing to help take stress off your mind and be able to focus on your actual work you came in for.

Pros

As an employee to clock in and out, you really are just looking for ease of access. That is what Workday provided for us. Simple access and capabilities on our phone or desktop and easy to check and approve time cards to keep track of work hours. Easy to see reminders when you forgot to clock in or out and easy to fix when the mistake is made.

Cons

In my time using it, nothing has ever gone wrong or confused me to the point where it wasn't an easy fix. For my job and the purpose we needed from Workday, there was never a con to using it.

Sean from Workfront

Workday Review

Very useful tool in regards to managing employee information and hierarchy. On the surface, it is a very easy tool to manage. However, as you get deeper into the functionality, it becomes overly complicated.

Pros

The interface is very user friendly in regards to time cards, benefits, and important documentation.

Cons

The reporting functionality is incredibly complicated. Building/setting-up reports takes a ton of time and trail & error.

Great tool

its great experience so far, once you get the idea of the google like experience when using the tool its super simple to use. its a game changer in our organization in the most positive way

Pros

workday platform overall its one of the best tools available in the market these days, it allows you to configure your environment in the tool to adapt it to your business needs, what I like the most is the capabilities to filter information from candidates and allows you to create a pool of candidates that can be slice and diced according to your needs in your organization, the reporting modules are self service oriented, so you can easily create your reports and kpi to track the effectiveness of your recruiters, there is no single piece of data that this tool is not tracking about your candidates, if you feed it properly and configure it according to your needs it will help you and increase your productivity amazingly.

Cons

Workday costs are high, is not suitable for a small company, the cloud technology they offer os great but it comes with a cost.

David from IDEXX

Industry: Biotechnology

Great to underpin scale in talent needs

Attraction and retention of talent. Ensuring in-country language capability and experiences.

Pros

Underpins end to end processes, drives consistency and has a long path of innovation ahead to improve.

Cons

Some logic and workflow could have some improvement to make it more consumer-grade. The recruiting model is getting easier but needs some more work.

Reasons for Switching to Workday HCM

Cloud DNA and innovation runway.

Workday Payroll

I can access everything job related in one place. I use it everyday and I never have to ask anyone for help, because it's so easy to navigate.

Pros

All of the links are big clean icons which are organized in a way that makes it super easy to find what your looking for. We keep a lot of information in this software, so I can go back and see my hiring interview and resume that I used to apply for my job. I can also find my paychecks and w2s. I can choose how and when I get paid; for instance I can choose how often I want a percentage of one of my checks to go to another bank account. I like being able to do this stuff myself instead of calling around to find the right department and bug them to do it for me.

Cons

For some reason we don't use it as our time clock, I don't know if that's an option for anyone, but it feels like it would be a better fit than the time clock system we currently use. Plus, with all of my other job information already there, it seems like it would be a natural fit.

Jacob from Rolls-Royce

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Wonderful. This software is an industry-leading powerhouse!

I am able to get into contact with my managers in seconds with this software. Also, I am able to finally put away my tacky spreadsheet and download this software for a smoother payroll experience. I am able to not worry about my Payroll anymore!

Pros

I do not think there is a better payroll software out there. Workday Payroll software allows users of all levels of business to submit time sheets in a matter of seconds. No more physical punch cards or tacky spreadsheets. I love the fact that I can have this software as an application on my phone! I can literally correct mistakes, find manager information, or contact Workday Payroll right from my phone!

Cons

I wish that when submitting my time sheet, the software would send a notification straight to said manager instead of via email. Often I am left having to track down my manager and notify him or her of my current situation with my time sheet.

Kerry from Confidential

Excellent product to use for HCM, if the appropriate support model is in place for your organization.

Inadequate training, lack of internal SME resources, and an absence of a true guided vision/direction by leadership will result in an expensive and poorly received system. As such, an organization will be reliant on implementation partners or independents as consultants, supporting or re-implementing a failed system, which will be even more expensive.

Pros

Workday is leading edge technology and highly configurable.The UI is best in class. Integrations with most 3rd party systems are easy to configure and the delivered packaged integrations are superb.

Cons

An organization needs to ensure proper internal support for the system to function smoothly. Training and user adoption/communication is also key for acceptance. An organization must have the SME talent in-house to be successful.

Navigation is a bit cumbersome

It would be good to have the UI redesigned to be more intuitive and perhaps function like a OS-native application (e.g. Windows, Mac, etc.) The current web-based interface is a little unwieldy.

Pros

Workday has a fairly robust set of functionalities, like the previous tool we used, and is improving with each upgrade, but I think there are several nuances that could be beefed up.

Cons

The location of the buttons is awkward, and the navigation is not very intuitive. For example, when doing a performance evaluation, the navigation - though it is customized for my company - leaves a lot to be desired.

Company mandated

Jacob from Attendí, Inc

Workday for working people

Best service out there. Would recommend.

Pros

There is an ease of use for total HR solution. Payroll management, time registry, Health and dental and overall benefit elections for insurance, chain of command. The software has it all in one place. The benefits portion allows direct selection of medical, dental, eye, and life insurance. Great selection overall.

Cons

Sometimes it feels like a one way in and one way out method can be confusing to navigate within. It is hard to know if entry’s are accurate. Overall the system includes everything’s from questions with written entry options to multiple choice bubble selections and all of the positives outweigh the quirks.

Cynthia from Conduent

Industry: Information Services

My Workday

Use it in business

Pros

Workday is one of the few software products that I use everyday and have no issues with or complaints. It is a good software that does what it says and your expectations are met. My company uses Workday Payroll to manage and track payroll for employees. It is accurate, functional and the interface is easy to use. The overall look is clean and easy to read and understand and yet it has a complexity that enables a wealth of data to be entered.

Cons

No cons for this product. Perhaps the only critique I could give as a con is the integration with ADP could be a bit easier. I tend to click on several links to get into the payroll system which is a little annoying when it opens three more windows and I already have eight or nine opened. However that is minor in comparison to the benefits.

Robert from Fox News LLC

Makes your workday a little better

Workday is an all in one solution which makes taking care of everything for work easy. My company just started to allow expense reports to be done from workday, which makes it so much easier to track my expenses and make sure I get paid back quickly.

Pros

It's nice to have all of my HR needs in one software solution. With Workday I can see everything that my company's HR has to offer. I can check my paystub, make changes to my benefits, read & sign off on the company handbook & many other activities. I like how I can quickly see the organization chart and know where I fall in line with the company & my manager and how the ladder is set up.

Cons

I like the computer/desktop version very much but I wish the moblie version would have all the same features too. I don't like how I can't review my paystub from mobile.

Andrew from Vivint

Workday is the perfect platform for our organization.

An excellent platform for tracking employees and developing a globally manageable company structure.

Pros

The reports we need to run and easy and quick, and the supported hierarchies allow for easy tracking and global workforce management. Our key LMS and CRM softwares integrate flawlessly, allowing for pinpoint reporting and actual time data capture. The graphics and user experience are excellent.

Cons

It can be slow and difficult when accessing from phones/tablets. Our field service techs and sales reps often report issues when working abroad. This may have more to do with their connection/service issues, however it is still a headache I thought worth mentioning.

Leo from Nexstar Media

Industry: Broadcast Media

Onboarding was a Snap!

Overall Workday is a nearly seamless package that expediates onboarding and showed in significant detail, all the benefits that were offered to me, which ones I could enroll in, the related expenses for each one, and held my hand through the complete process to ensure that all the I's were crossed and all the T's were dotted!

Pros

I enjoyed the process of using Workday to get onboarded when I started my position. Everything from payroll, to emergency contacts, to health insurance, to life insurance, disability, and work history goes into this thing. Probably more. It made is super simple to read through all the required legal documentation, fill out all necessary payroll documentation, tax documentation, my dependents, everything. All the while showing a progress bar monitoring my progress. I'm sure it makes it super simple for the HR department as well.

Cons

It was a little daunting to spend hours working with it to input all the necessary data. At times I was wishing it was being handled manually. There were a few glitches along the way that prevented me from going through the full process the first time, but in the end it all worked out.

Erin from Lake Michigan Credit Union

Workday Time Off Review

I really like how Workday has the capability to host multiple types of business processes under the same system - from payroll, HCM, time off, leaves, and performance (just to name a few), it's great to have everything under the same "roof" - rather than testing so many different types of integrations. Happy customer!

Pros

The Time Off functionality is so customizable! With over 17,000 pre-made calculations set up, and the ability to create your own (if needed), whatever you are trying to set up in the system, there's a high likelihood you'll be able to do it. From the training provided, it's recommended to set up different Time Off Plans for any time off type you have, this means more maintenance, but more flexibility within the system. As a general recommendation with Workday, get familiar with the vocab/wording they use to describe the system - it really helps understand the software.

Cons

Being fairly new to the software, the fact that it is so customizable is very overwhelming at first. I recommend going slow, and reaching out to customer service support, or Workday Community, whenever you run into a snag or question - there are a lot of resources available, and whatever your holdup is, there's a good chance someone has going through something similar and can help you through it too.

Louis from LionRT

Workday Software allows our IT department to focus less attention on maintaining rudimentary systems while saving our team time and cost

Workday provides our team with an invaluable tool for planning and coordinating our HR and finance departments. This coordination is not limited to budget forecasts or to further analytical use cases such as invoicing and procurement.

Pros

Workday's feature set specification is deep and thorough . The "cloud connect" option affords third party payroll communication as well as data transaction in an effective format. Workday reconciles finance records and interactions. This is an automated feature which simultaneously benefits our HR and IT departments through reducing the amount of work hours consumed during assessment and certification processes.

Cons

We did notice certain use case scenarios not captured in the software relative to our case management expectation. We suspect this is a application maturity issue and this will be resolved by Workday''s team in short order. We would like a more navigable user interface via their associated mobile app version.

Leo from P2P ride sharing

All in one software for your HR and scheduling needs

Overall quality of this software is awesome. The downside is the scheduled maintenance can somewhat go for an hour or even a whole day.

Pros

I have been in two companies and have been using this software for 6 years now. It is very easy to use and since it's web based, I can access it even out of the office. Scheduling discrepancies can be easily detected and fixed in a timely manner. Requests can be easily made with just once click of a button. Support is also good. Errors and bugs can be easily fixed in no time.

Cons

Scheduled maintenance can somehow be a nuisances especially when you have to change something on your schedule.

Kay from Solar City

Industry: Oil & Energy

Workday Recruiting - You'll set back your recruiting function years behind

integration w/ Workday HR - not enough benefit to outweigh the functional negatives

Pros

Graphical Interface - cool graphics is the only positive Yes it integrates candidate data with HR (if you have Workday HR) but that benefit isn't worth the flaws

Cons

Workflow is too restrictive - nice in theory but you have to go back to you in-box to move the candidate to the next step Offers take forever and if you make a mistake you have to resend to leader for approval Everything is effective dated - if you have a recruiter who started after a req is opened they can't take action on a candidate who applied before that date (terrible for vacation coverage/new hire recruiters). Can't search by candidate name (e.g. you are looking for John Smith - Names tha thave J or S in them come up in no particular order - also can't use the ATS as a sourcing database (we had a progressive sourcing team and they couldn't use it) Recruiters in a high volume environment will hate it - it takes literally 4x the time to hire a candidate in the system. There are too many steps and flaws. There are many more issues - My company met with Workday User Experience Leader and they listened to the feedback and in a year - no changes were made. These aren't configuration issues people - these are architectural design flaws. Run don't walk from this software - It's at least 5 - 10 years away from anything on the market. You will impact recruiter morale in high volume recruiting shops. If you have very low volume recruiting then I guess you could live with it. Reporting functionality is almost nil - doesn't come with any really useful canned reports - very limited.

Everything at one Place

Pros

After my company switched to this tool it has been a positive experience since then. Pros:- 1. UI - the user inteface is awesome and elegant 2. Ease of use - It is extremely self explainatory. it has been very smartly differenciated into categories 3. all the details can be easily accessed and manupulated 4. Ease of editing information from phones as well 5. Availability of fetching custom reports 6. Can search for anyone in the organisation for their details and understand the hierachy of the company 7. Goals are easily commentable for managers 8. Lot of training can be included under learning

Cons

Cons:- Though workday has a very simple user interface some options are very difficult to find 1. Hard to edit data, difficult find the edit address and other data option, could be made little easier 2. Confusing sometimes which option is under which category if there could be a little summary under the categories on the home page that would help. 3. Less training avalable on workday 4. If anything need to be changed needs and approval from HR deparment or managers

Robust, expensive, do-it-yourself software

Pros

Workday offers a very robust program where you can customize your modules to fit your company's needs.

Cons

From a payroll perspective, I don't like that you are essentially 'on your own' without an account manager.

HR's preference

Jonny from Workfront

Workday

Overall my experience with Workday has been positive. We began implementing this software just over a year ago and I feel comfortable with it now and it does make my job easier.

Pros

Workday is our single source of truth in regards to Personnel. It is nice to have one place to go to review, edit, and update information and to have confidence that it is correct across the company.

Cons

You have to know what you are searching for in order to find it. For example, if I am going on PTO and need to add a delegate to approve things on my behalf, then I have to search specifically for "My Delegates." It would be nice if there was a side bar that could have all these options available to me so I don't have to know exactly what to look for.

Tim from Nationwide Insurance

Workday - Efficient

It took my a couple of months, but after that I really began to love Workday. I really like how you can track so much HR related information in one place. It makes my life efficient.

Pros

The biggest pro of Workday is how options that are available to front line managers like me. It stores everything from Performance Documents, time off information, and salary guidelines all in one place.

Cons

I still struggle with finding the most effective reports to use. There are so many reports available to the managers that it takes time to figure out what reports are best for you.

Nathaniel from BYU-Idaho Online Learning

Best Way for Employees to Track Themselves

I loved using Workday as an employee to manage all my compensation and benefits. I always knew where I stood in terms of pay and leave long before I ever had to talk to supervisor about them.

Pros

Workday provides a great array of features for every employee in an organization from tracking their time to managing their benefits like leave. It also is useful to keep track of pay as well as money being taken out for insurance and taxes.

Cons

There was a lack of training features in the software that would have made it almost perfect for every part of employee experience.

Adam from Atlanta Symphony Orchestra

Mainstream product, but a lot of work to get there.

It provides the basics in a stable platform, but it's still very basic due to our need to control costs and not customize it for our needs as much.

Pros

Offered as a SaaS solution for our needs. This off-loaded much of the management aspects from our internal IT team for focusing on other business initiatives.

Cons

Every little aspect appears to have an "add-on" price in order to make it work better for users. There are ways to use additional features, but it requires users to "search" for various reports and processes rather than being able to select from the main menu of options. Not very user friendly.

Reasons for Choosing Workday HCM

Cost and features provided.

Reasons for Switching to Workday HCM

Needed something more robust and consolidated.

Workday Review

Pros

It very easy to use, with friendly design and accessibility!

Organization change

Great all-in-one HR tool

Pros

- Very clean and easy to navigate UI, there are topics depending on what information you might be looking for - Easy to log and track hours worked and view paychecks - Easy to track and request time off - Can review company org structure easily - Can easily view information on your pay, time with the company, bonus information, and tax info.

Cons

Even though the UI is clean, there's some instances where I'll be trying to find a certain page, form, or piece of information and it isn't in an intuitive spot so you can waste alot of time trying to find one thing. I also dislike how sometimes when I submit a form and realize I made an error I can't go back and edit it.

All Work Performance Information in One Place

Awesome all-in-one HCM tool for large companies.

Pros

Hands down the most clean and friendly UI. It's so easy to find what you're looking for because Workday has each category listed on the first screen, and from there is super easy to navigate to the topic you need to know about. I like how it's an all in one place for anything I need information on: time off, compensation, goal setting, and org. structure, to name a few. I have used this software at several jobs before and it's just so easy to pick up on.

Cons

I personally haven't had any issues for the couple years I've been a user of this software. I'd highly recommend it to a larger company looking for a HCM system.

Sarah from Fidelity Investments

End user - Used for Time-sheets, Payslips, && Time off requests

This application has so much potential. The opening page of it is so user friendly. After that though everything gets so confusing. There are so many different windows that open and the site is really difficult to navigate. Half the time I want to find information, I get lost trying to find it and completely forget what I was looking for in the first place. Hopefully as time progresses they will find ways to integrate more user-friendly methods to use the information.

Pros

- Pretty UI - Convenient that all these things (Time-sheets, payslips, && Time off) are in the same place - Has tremendous potential

Cons

- Haven't found a way to contact the company to suggest improvements - After you submit a time-off request, no easy way to undo it. - After you have removed a time-off request, looking at PTO requests you see ALL of the actions you took (request time, remove time off request) && it isn't just for one day EX) A normal workday is split into two sections (before && after lunch). So 4 in total if you took a day then cancelled it. - After you fill out your time-sheet && save it. You have to go to a separate tab to submit it. (You need to know to do that, there is not a link to it after you save the time-sheet.) This should be on the same page for a clearer flow. - The entries for the actual time-sheet are huge. There should be a smaller plain view that is easier to fill out. - If you click fill from scheduled time it does not automatically un-check your Requested PTO days so you might accidentally charge x2 time for that day. (Regular && PTO) - Paid Time Off is not intuitive. It asks you what date you want to know the pro-rated Accrued Time Off is. If you could just have a simple information sheet that says Total for 2019 (or whatever year), Accrued so far, used time off, planned time off, left over. - Pay Slips are not intuitive: To see your pay slip you have to click "Print", then it says it will notify you when it is ready. Then you have to open the PDF of it. It should just display beside the dates, forward && back buttons would be a plus.

Kurt from Apttus

Workday HCM as a Reporting Platform

I have worked within the platform in a reporting capacity. I have created custom reports, dashboards, and calculated fields.

Pros

I use the Workday HCM mainly for employee reporting and what I like best is the vast amount of customization you can use when creating reports. There are unlimited options in terms of fields and report types. The platform also has great capabilities for creating visuals and dashboards.

Cons

What I like least about this platform is the complexity required when creating reports. In many cases it feels much more complicated than it needs to be. It can take vast amounts of time figuring out solutions to simple problems.

Socrates from Panos Management

not familiar with the costs or competing services but this application was a pleasure to use

Whenever the software wasn't working, I'd reach out to the company IT dept and they'd contact workday to resolve tech issues so I am not 100% sure how their customer support is but the software itself is great when it's working properly.

Pros

It has a very clean interface. Structured very well and has components for all sorts of HR needs, from viewing pay stubs, to leaving end of year reviews for managers to read over. Benefits like health and dental were available on this and easy to access as well, which is nice as an employee because it saves you the trouble of having to ask around for it. Getting your end-of-year tax forms from it was also easy, as everything is very organized.

Cons

When the software would act up, it wasn't easy to get a quick fix. Also, when leaving a review or some sort of task for upper management, the process in which you'd have to follow wasn't easy to follow. The save tab on pages wouldn't respond at times, which would prevent you from progressing on these work tasks when they're presented by management.