• Pros

• "Detailed, and very easy to understand and read. "

• "Super easy platform to navigate in. Keep up the good work "

• "it is easy to handle and undestand, practical and most intuitive"

• Cons

• "customer service while great can be a little slow and backed up."

• "It lacks consistency in usability across the platform, but they are working on this in their regular enhancements."

• "Can take a bit of time to learn how to create calculations, but once you're in it's intuitive."

Browse Xactly Incent Reviews

Prashant from TIBCO Software Inc.

Xactly Incent - A Great Tool for Commissions & Reports

Pros

I am working on Incent for almost six years now. Incent is the best tool for commission calculation. The system provides complete functionality - from credits to commissions to draws, and then running reports/analytics. It offers a lot of functions and customizations required to design complicated commission plans and calculate commissions. I like the new UI for Incent that the team rolled out a couple of months ago. Plus the new changes that the team brings are really good and make the product more usable & friendly.

Cons

At the start of the year, the system requires a kind of fresh set up, which takes quite a amount of time. While I am writing Rules, I need to create a new Order Type or Credit Type, I cannot create it from the Rules page. Instead, I have to go to the specific page to create these Order or Credit Type and then return to the Rules page to write the Rule.

Swapnil from Carestream

Xactly is best software for Commission calculation but some process are really hard to digest

Xactly incent is nice and well-designed tool for commissions calculations.

Pros

1)Starting from User till Quota management it is too good, and does awesome job. 2)Calculation process in dependent on many factors and Xactlty supports most of them today. 3)Analytics is very good which gives clear picture of overall performance. 4)This nov-19 xactly provided free certification which I really appretiate.

Cons

1) I can not do some repetitive task in bulk, which I really do not like about this software, for e.g. i. Initial Quota creation ii.Record deletion (Quota of User, Formulas, Credit and Commission rule) 2) Incentive statements are configuration is allowed up to the extent only, but for specific needs, I cannot do that in Default statement. For e.g. If I want to change the Credit type Lable name in one of the incentive statement it does not allow and it updated all the incentive statements where the same Credit Type is used. 3)Deal by Deal commission setup is hard if we try to do it on own, always need PS team help in that. 4)Also some uploads required .CSV and some .xls file format which is really not good, always need to change the format once the files are prepared.

Reasons for Choosing Xactly Incent

The results and customer reviews were really good, and the way it is explained and designed is really what we looked for.

Get real time compensation report when you need it!

Overall, Xactly delivers what is expected of it. We don't use Xactly all the time, but when we do we always have smiles on our faces!

Pros

I like how I can always check on Xactly my commissions for every time the data is refreshed. As a manger, I am also able to see the commission details of my team to make sure that they are accurate.

Cons

We manually upload the raw data so people can view their commissions after, it would be great if it can be integrated with a data feed so the information can be refreshed any time.

Donna from Skillsoft

Xactly Better than Yesterday but still needs to keep getting better

There are things that Xactly does well and once built work very well and that makes the experience pleasurable. Xactly has a nice appearance and once we educate our sales members it is easier for them to follow. It is not intuitive and needs to be explained. Reporting is a challenge for the administrators as well as the Users.

Pros

I think that Xactly has a great look and for the standard commission practices it does well, it is highly valuable.

Cons

A few points for Xactly would be that Xactly still struggles with plan changes or multiple plan changes for an individual sales member and then struggles to manage YTD commissions for folks who have had a few plans. We struggle with gates in Xactly and since commissions are fluid, Xactly needs to be better at looking at YTD as well as monthly and quarterly for these changed folks. Xactly Analytics is a challenge because although it is part of the package, if all my commission data is in Incent, it should be easier to report off of it and it is not. You have to build logic in Analytics to get data that you can see so you end up pulling raw data from Incent and manually creating your reports which makes Analytics less valuable. Difficult logic is something that takes too much time sometimes to work through with external support. There is also no commission rate reporting. As sales cares what rates they get paid at, it is important to be able to track this and like other things, we have to do this manually. Sales looking for YTD data is a challenge because you have to download from Incent month by month. There should be this option for sales as well.

Reasons for Switching to Xactly Incent

I was not here so I cannot answer.

laine from hipten

Gets the job done

I use Xactly Incent to track my commissions based on my business. Although the use case is fairly simple, I do think that the user interface could be more friendly.

Pros

When I do use Xactly Incent, it tells me exactly what I need to know. The use cases are fairly straightforward, and I haven't had to administer the product, but as a user, it is fairly user friendly.

Cons

I think that the user interface is a bit outdated on Xactly Incent. Furthermore, there are periods of time that the product stops working when the sync is occurring and I can't access any information at all - not even past records.

Doug from Gannett

Industry: Newspapers

Great Experince

Pros

Ease of user for the end user. Don't need IT to make all configuration changes, can create formulas, rules, plans by a business admin. Reporting Integration

Cons

Would like to be able to upload data faster, we have a couple million invoice records, take about 8 hrs to load. Professional services are expensive and some of the resources are inexperienced

Reasons for Choosing Xactly Incent

Offered all the features of the other products, less expensive, better sales experience and people on the team had experience with Xactly

Padmaja Tallavajhala from Palo Alto Networks

Xactly is a great tool!!!

Ease of automating and reduction of manual calculations of commissions.

Pros

Pros: 1. Ability to automate data transfers from your ERP/CRM systems to Incent and data validations/calculations using DELTA without the use of manual uploads using the Excel Uploads. I recently moved from one company to another and my goal is to leverage the use of DELTA for this purpose. It gives you your nights back! 2. Organizational setup is pretty easy to upload and it is even more wonderful if there is a data-integrations between Incent and your HR data repository. 3. Xactly Support are very responsive and they can be knowledgeable based on their years of support of the product. 4. Data transparency to the numbers (Earned Vs. Paid) results in faster responses from the sales team to their numbers. 5. Once you get the plans figured out, it works wonders. 6. Their new App for iPad can be a good sell provided the data model for the business is built universally for the whole sales force team.

Cons

Cons: 1. Analytics: A non-intuitive tool for regular users and need a solid understanding of your data in order to build reports that can be used by administrators and sales representatives. 2. System works well with simpler plans with fewer variables. Complex plans with multiple components can drag the system and make it tricky. 3. Development of Plan Design configurations works well, but at times, due to the design of the tool, it does not fully translate the language of your code to the language of the rule development. You have to be creative to be able to think of other ways to accomplish.

Lucas from Equinix

When it works, it works well. Bugs and non-intuitive nature can make it difficult to use.

Pros

Analytics: Can be very helpful to expand upon Incentive statement short comings. However with the introduction of Balance Carry forward to accommodate prior period processing, reporting is becoming more difficult. Recommended for every customer. Edocs: is recommended if you wish to route quota via Incent Incentive Statement: Overall great. Wish drill-down details loaded faster and were more flexible on what is shown on drill down Versioning Objects: I don't know what we would do without this System of Record: Great for historical comp. Earns more value year over year for growing changing sales teams.

Cons

Old UI: Sections that have old UI/non-HTML text Estimator: Atrocious UI, limits, functionality, but I bet its on every Xactly sales demo. Honestly, how many can customers using this? Illustrator rules- See estimator, but worse. Sales Rep Landing Dashboard: Most of the pods are useless. My feedback from our sales team we have is they don't even look at it. We direct them towards our analytics dashboards. 99% virtually all pods are turned off or hidden to avoid Incent from confusing the sales rep. Audit Logs are broken: This is a great troubleshooting tool and it has been broken and not fixed by Xactly. This was huge as we have many business group admins at our company. Pay curves don't work for us Rate Tables end with .99999 after every number: Sad this continues as long as it has. Makes beautiful Plan Statements suddenly ugly and confusing. Admin Experience: Feels like a hassle

Irina from Purolator Inc.

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Xactly Incent 2012

Overall experience is great. It is great product great company and great people. You want be left along with your solution.

Pros

Xactly Incent is an automation solution for Sales compensation and way to get rid of old school excel sheets.

Cons

Realistically there is nothing to dislike Xactly Incent .

Reasons for Choosing Xactly Incent

Xaclty Incent did fit the requirement at that time the most.

Reasons for Switching to Xactly Incent

Needed to improve the area of providing real time visibly to sales reps, quick and instant calculations, make sure 100% accuracy. Flexibility to changes.

Xactly is the best in the market, but the market deserves better

I originally did my company's commission in excel spreadsheets before we migrated to Xactly. Since then, there have always been errors in people's calculations. Was it worth the money and saved time? Not Really. I joined a new company and decided to replicate Xactly Express to continually stamp in SFDC. It worked well and didn't have all the diagnosis issues that Incent had.

Pros

Commission Calculations - Ability to make changes to plans, quotas, and release documents on the fly. I liked that reps were able to log in and see the breakdown of their payments and see their attainment

Cons

Cost, Implementation Time and Fee, Bugs, cannot self diagnose. Xactly Incent is supposedly the better version and upgrade from Xactly Express. In order to make it work with your organization, you will need to pay an implementation fee. Xactly then flys in trainers to configure your commission plan with their software. Once they leave, if anything breaks, you'll have to contact Xactly support. From our experience, we realize that their software is like a big black box. If anything goes wrong you keep have to run to them. They have just purchased a new software to add to their Xactly suite. This makes self diagnosis an set up super easy, but whats the worst part? Well, even though the software connects to SFDC, someone has to log into their standalone product and click REFRESH in order to sync the days commission. If your company uses daily exchange rates that pipe in from netsuite or other sources into Xactly, make sure that integration is tight, cause Xactly can mess it up.

jenifer from Metrohnusa

Industry: Biotechnology

Xactly commission siftware

Overall experience is positive. Our workload has been cut down considerably and end users are happy with the info and level of detail they receive regarding their commissions.

Pros

Xactly software has brought us out of the stone ages in regards to commissions. What was once an excel spreadsheet is now a powerful too where end users can view their daily sales and commissions at will any time of day or night. Xactly is versatile and allows for connection to your ERP system or upload of data via excel sheets. Configuration to your specific compensation plan can be done by a team of their highly skilled consultants or your own in-house IT team. We have a fairly complicated comp plan and their consultant had us up and running in a matter of weeks.

Cons

Not a huge fan of their queue customer support system. Based on the west coast, the timing of their reponse to an east coast user is limited and most often cuts over into the next day. Would like to speak to a live person as opposed to an email queue.

Kauvshika from FIS

Xactly Commission Tool

I do like my experience working with Xactly. The support team do not understand my inquire that is the issue, I think its best if they pick up the phone and call us with issues that we are having with using the Xactly. This would help resolve the issue faster than waiting for a week to get issue resolved.

Pros

I use this tool everyday for adjustment in Xactly for my job. Its easy to understand and I like the feature of download to see the detail. The orders/orders tab I use everyday and I like the fact I understand the breakdown of credits and commissions.

Cons

I don't like how the error message does not explain the reason to why certain tool didn't work when we are done uploading our order. At times uploading the payment doesn't show on the incentive for the rep statement. I had that issue couple of times where I do a upload of payment and the message said it went through but when checking on reps statement its not displayed.

Reasons for Choosing Xactly Incent

I was told that FIS found the tool being friendly user vs using another product. The review was much better and easy to use as a commission tool for both the reps/sales manager and us as an analyst.

Cheryl from SailPoint Technologies

Xactly Incent, Analytics, Modeling are the products that we use.

We are paying over 350 employees with Incent, with varying levels of overlay coverage. System is calculating the payout in 13 different currencies. I can't imagine trying to calculate our complex structure using Excel. I have not used another commission software to compare to.

Pros

This software is very flexible in that we can set up plans in different ways, i.e. direct reporting or Named Relationships. If we do find an error in the payout, it is because we did not have the employee configured correctly. It is very consistent, reliable. Happy to see that we can now version the quota and rate table records.

Cons

Incent, it does take some time to set up an employee. Anayltics is not that user friendly. You have to really know what fields can be pulled together to make the report and then know how to combine the reports. Modeling takes some work to get the desired info. We are till trying to figure it out.

Reasons for Choosing Xactly Incent

I was not an employee at the time that decision was made.

Robert from Nuance Communications

This is Xactly what we needed for Sales Compensation

Xactly is a complex system that gives users the ability to simplify their End to End Sales Compensation processes. I've used the system across two very different companies over the past 5 years. I was involved with multiple implementations and integrations and feel that Xactly was a great solution for the majority of the problems we faced on a day to day basis. Once I took some classes and got plenty of experience using the tool, I can say that I understand how everything should work and am able to create many solutions to the ever changing requirements that my company faces. The support team has always been very helpful and my customer success rep has been a key player in the success of my system. He is always able to help me find the information I am looking for and constantly supports my everchanging requirements for understanding and utilizing the system.

Pros

The software is very robust and can handle a lot. It also has very user friendly user interfaces for the sales team.

Elizabeth from Intermedia

Highly configurable Easy to use

I have been able to automate most of our manual processes. It frees up my time to do more high level things. The ease of use and the ability to see their data in real time is motivating for them. It helps them spend more time selling and less time worrying about their commissions.

Pros

This is easy to configure. I haven’t found a plan yet I couldn’t build. It is mostly intuitive and it is a great resource for the sales team. They like having a real time view of their commissions. Analytics reports provide what the system doesn’t so I am able to build custom reports for the various teams where they can pull on demand current reporting. I have configured and used other systems and this is by far the easiest.

Cons

I would like to see the analytics reporting updated and easier to use.

Ayush from ZS Associates

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Xactly - The tool which can be handy for day-to-day SPM handling and reporting.

Xactly is among the leading players in the world market for their ease in Incentive Compensation Implementation and reporting. It reduces the time and effort for both the comp administrator and the users with a very minimal but elaborative reporting features. While working with Xactly for the past few years, it has significantly improved its user experience along with the effort required to implement the plans into the system. If you are currently managing your sales incentives via the primitive methods (i.e. excel and other software), you should definitely switch too Xactly to save time and money.

Pros

1.) Intuitive Software to deal with the complex of situations 2.) Easy to maintain interface 3.) Value for money if you have a large sales force 4.) Clear insights to sales reps for their sales and payouts 5.) Ver handy mobile application saving lots of time

Cons

1.) Use of flash for some of the internal functions which are being updated in 2020 2.) Server response a bit slow

Andrew from AppDynamics

Sales Commission Systems Analysis and Implementation

Pros

Xactly has great out of the box functionality that covers almost all business needs. The interface is somewhat intuitive and easy to navigate -- after minimal training, admins should be on their way to becoming power users in short time. The structured nature of all objects in Xactly help experienced admins understand any comp environment that uses Xactly very quickly. Sales reps gain good visibility into their sales plans and commissions, while also easily navigating the reports with minimal training. The software is constantly updated to improve/add features.

Cons

The software is not flexible in the sense that you cannot always customize Xactly to fit around what a business wants. It sometimes feels more like you have to fit your business needs into Xactly's functionality; while being pretty capable, it's not the most flexible in terms of customization.

Luke from thyssenkrupp elevator

Xactly Incent Review

Overall the experience is been pretty good. All the customer success managers have been attentive and really seem to want to know our needs as well as wanting to make Xactly as easy to use as possible.

Pros

I love the fact that this product can retain years of data so a user/admin can go into any particular year/month and look up commission payouts, clawbacks, adjustments, etc. This is such a nice feature that I don't have to store any of that information on my computer.

Cons

Lack of tech response. There have been a few times where we were in a time crunch for tech support and we never received it in time. A specific example of this... A new admin accidentally uploaded several hundred batches into the system (Why is there a mass upload function, but not a mass delete function for this?) and we reached out to tech support to remove them all, but we didn't hear from them in time before the pay period needed to be closed so we spent 20+ man hours manually deleting them one by one.

Reasons for Choosing Xactly Incent

My company chose this product shortly before I joined them.

Parneet from Ensono

Incent Review

It is certainly so much better than when I started with it back in 2014.

Pros

I have worked on this product in two different companies. It has gotten better in functionality especially with reporting and analytics. I like how we can customize our commission exception rules especially in this group where I see a lot of one offs. We are using look up tables to customize the payout rates.

Cons

I wish we could have a reporting cloud kind of thing where we could bring in any object, any field and run an adhoc report or analysis. I am right now limited to the objects I can use in one report.

Colleen from RQI Partners, LLC

I like it, users like it

Overall, I'd recommend this tool for a small company. I love the accurate commission and draw calculations, the roll ups and, eventually, I will love Analytics, too!

Pros

I like quick turnaround for customer support. Since I am new to Incent and am configuring and administering plans, I often have questions. The Customer Support team is always quick to reply and can usually describe what I need to do, and they follow up to be sure their suggestion worked.

Cons

I'd like to have the Incentive Statement drill down to details more easily, the Analytics and Dashboards a bit more easy to build. Right now, they are a not as intuitive, especially for a new user. It would also be good to understand exactly how the Bonus works, as we did a lot of trial and error before we figured it out. I think the Learning in the Community Portal could do a little bit better job of explaining the 'why' along with the 'how'.

Dawn from Alight Solutions

Once Configured System Works Well

Over all I am satisfied with our experience. It has been a few years that we have been using this tool now and I have become a more experienced administrator.

Pros

Daily Processing usually runs smoothly. Once the system is configured it works well, but configuration is key. If the initial build is set-up poorly it will make it difficult to maintain the system each year,

Cons

Analytics. The reporting functionality out of the tool is cumbersome. As an administrator you have no control over the relationships between tables, and at times cannot use multiple tables together.

amanda from Viasat

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Xactly for the Furture

Overall I feel like i learn something new every week when using the tool.

Pros

My favorite factor of this software is that there are continual updates to stay relevant with industry trends. such as having a way to map territories in a streamlined fashion.

Cons

I do not like that changes can not easily or be made at all. We deal with business, and sometimes those business do a legal name change. Xactly does not offer us a solution where we can add the new name and correlate it to the old name, such as having an alias. This causes us to have to manually update some fields when we send report to our partners.

Reasons for Choosing Xactly Incent

I was not part of the selection process, but i was told it was from the presentation.

Garrett from Bullhorn Inc

Does the job, improving interface recently but still not the easiest to navigate

Pros

Fairly easy to learn the logic for writing rules and a great software for straightforward sales plans. Xactly's implementation teams & customer service teams are generally good. Ability to route documents through the software is helpful.

Cons

A lot of the interface is fairly outdated, some has been updated recently but a ways to go still. Limited customization ability for a lot of the output files so that can be frustrating. A lot of relatively straightforward things (like pushing through a payment value) have to use workarounds based on how code works.

Phil from Looker

Very powerful and flexible compensation tool, but implementation dragged on for us

Great historical source for commission/quota attainment data, which allows to make business decisions moving forward. From an administrative perspective, the tool can scale to support hundreds and thousands of users, with an accurate view into commissions paid.

Pros

Xactly Incent is a very powerful and flexible compensation tool and will be able to scale with us as our business grows and if set up and administered properly, could easily support thousands of users.

Cons

The implementation was much longer and harder than expected - we missed our deadline and were scrambling at the end of the year to get everything working properly. Also, DELTA (for loading orders) is very inflexible and we will likely be looking to switch to Connect in the future.

Obul from FINASTRA

Xactly system is very effective tool for commission calculation purpose.

Pros

I recently understand Xactly system has many features apart form commission calculations and which we are not aware of these, like example :- commission amortization model , no need to re-calculate for previous records if any sales person sign the plan middle of the year, etc

Cons

1. There should proper communication on any new features with in Xactly system. 2. There is no support for us from India, every time we need to contact US people if we have any issues in system.

Adam from Medivators

Industry: Medical Devices

Xactly has been transformative for our incentive compensation management!

Increase commission payment accuracy, decreased processing time, better insights into compensation management

Pros

Xactly has enabled us to reduce commission processing time AND decrease the number of errors. The sales users not only love the increased confidence in their payments, but they also love Xactly's easy to use interface!

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve to learn the software as an administrator, but once you have mastered Xactly the incentive compensation management possibilities are endless.

Jill from Freedom Mortgage Corporation

Xactly Commissions Software

We do like the product. It doe have its challenges. The end users like the ability to see their progress.

Pros

There are some great features. Love the fact that the sales reps can see the loans that they have closed in real time.

Cons

Changing plans can be difficult. You really need an expert to help which always come with a price. Reporting is a challenge.

Reasons for Choosing Xactly Incent

The bells and whistles were very convincing. There is a lot that can be done with this product.

Jenifer from MetrohmUSA

overall experience has been good

Pros

features and benefits are useful and well received by the sales reps. Team rankings is something that our Execs as well as reps like - it keeps them wanting to be on top. I like the flexibility of the dashboards and reporting

Cons

I would like to see more functionality around the Quota product. I also do not like the customer support process. you must submit a ticket, then wait for an email response which you cant directly respond to, but must open the software portal to do so, then your response goes back into a queue, and you wait for the next response. The simplest of issues can take 2-3 days to resolve.

Al from Resideo

Great Software for Sales Crediting

I was on the sales operations team for two years and had to use the software to update our sales crediting logic. It was helpful in that. However, I felt we as an organization could have done more with what Xactly offers we just didn't want to pay for it.

Pros

This is software meets the needs of the complex way we credit our sales teams by product, geography, type of customer, etc.

Cons

Sometimes I feel there is too much manual manipulation required to update master data.

Xactly simplifies Sales Compensation Management

Xactly has helped us to a great extend with respect to all our sales performance management needs like comp plans, quota management, territory management, sales forecasting, sales training. We have gained visibility in our sales operations using Xactly

Pros

Even extreme complex sales compensation plans are simplified via Xactly. Quota and Territory management is done swiftly using some simple rules.

Cons

Reporting is a bit complex process and needs to be simplified.

Alexander from Tesla

Best ICM tool!

We are currently able to calculate hundreds of compensation plans across 29 countries globally for thousands of people with relative ease thanks to Xactly!

Pros

Easy to adjust existing compensation plans as well as set up new ones on the fly. There is also direct data integration with SFDC and other tools which makes it easy to import data into Xactly.

Cons

Certain functionality is not very intuitive so highly recommend taking the training. It will go a long way!

Sherie from FLOW Jamaica

Xactly Feedback

We are doing commissions calculation for our external partners through Xactly. We are looking to change some of the rules so I will need someone to speak with to get this done.

Pros

I like the functionality it provides. The ability to create reports although I do require a refresher on this

Cons

Not much to dislike about the software however the inability to email or speak to a support person is a bit of a challenge at times

Shawn from Rosetta Stone

Xactly makes it easy!

This makes it easy to forecast and check numbers vs goals, and gives me Team performance in all one program.

Pros

Easy to see sales and commission credits daily. This helps me forecast and track where my team is vs goal and forecast. Easily allows me to compile stacked rankings.

Cons

Ability to real-time sync with Oracle, to see instant updates.

Reasons for Switching to Xactly Incent

Old way was manual and not nearly as efficient.

Brent from Avalara

Xactly has been a great tool for our company to automate our sales commission process.

The automation of the calculation process and the ability for the sales team to review their calculations.

Pros

The ability to load in our sales data and have the calculations completed in minutes each month has cut down on the manual time it takes to calculate commissions. The reporting feature that each sales rep has to be able to review their sales for that month and provide questions for corrections allow for the final payments to be accurate and on time.

Cons

The setup of a calculation within Xactly does take quite a bit amount of time. There are a number of different plans, rules, tables, etc that you have to setup for the calculation to work and then if you need to make adjustments you have to track back through all of these in order to understand what to change.

Alyssa from Rapid7

Industry: Security and Investigations

Great solution for commissions

Pros

Xactly provides us reporting we need as well as capitalizing commissions for us. We have all of our people on commissions plans in Xactly. By using Xactly we were able to get rid of any manual calculations that needed to be done in Excel.

Cons

It's not as customizable in some areas as we would like. Some of our end users find it hard to follow and read.

Could be better

Overall I like this product. It gets the job done from a salesperson prospective.

Pros

I like it, it shows all pieces of data I want and need to see from a sales prospective. I can track daily my percent to target and dollar amount of commission to expect.

Cons

It has a lag often. There are days that go by that it still has not updated which makes sales tracking difficult.

James from Visa

Xactly Loves Me

It took a little while to get all our ducks in order so that we had good data to put in. Now that we do have clean data, we have saved countless hours of processing time.

Pros

Prior to going full force with Xactly, it would take us 3 weeks to get revenue and commissions calculated. It can all be done in 1 day now.

Cons

The only thing that I dislike is the fact that I wasn’t using it sooner.

James from Visa

Xactly what we needed

Faster processing time, more free time to handle other issues.

Pros

The ability to create the individual plans and rules into Xactly so that revenue attainment and commissions are calculated automatically and consistently.

Cons

The inability to separate draw payments from protection (guarantee) payments. This is not really a big deal at all, it's just that there are no other cons that I can think of.

Helen from Wolters Kluwer Health Learning, Research & Practice

Industry: Information Services

Great tool for SPM Management and Reporting

Ease of calculation, monthly time savings in calculating commissions, transparency for reps

Pros

Xactly allows us to provide transparency to reps and reporting to management. It's a great time saver as well as reduces errors.

Cons

Analytics is cumbersome and sometimes difficult to build required reports without case statements. Support is sometimes lacking and takes time to get back to you.

Viky from EXFO

Observation

It is hard every beginning of the year when all has to be reprogrammed, it is never working at first time.

Pros

The fact this it has dashboard for the sellers

Cons

Complexity in doing reports. They are not easy to understand

Walter from LinkedIn

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Incent does the job

Pros

The product is constantly growing and making improvements. We love the updates and they're on the path to great things. The value is the main seller for it's price point. It's fairly easy to use and does the job.

Cons

There are a lot of little improvements that could be made that will drastically ease the administration portion of using the tool, like having the upload format be the same as the downloaded form and more calendar flexibility (ie semi annual).

Reasons for Choosing Xactly Incent

The value for the price point.

David from LogRhythm, Inc.

Has helped us tidy our commission process

More efficient way to track commissions and perform our close. Helps everyone have visibility

Pros

It does exactly what we ask it to do. Sales team has good visibility and allows us to close our months more efficiently

Cons

Some reporting functions are difficult to customize and navigate. For example, we can't run YTD reports from Incent. There are also some inconsistencies with layout

Lito from Malwarebytes

Best Support ever

Pros

As a non system admin it is simple enough to do minor tweaks to the plan. Some major tweaks with the help of support.

Cons

Versioning of some of the the feature used to be but I am discovering there has been some changes so it no longer applies. I would have to say some of the upload templates are not that straight forward. Had to figure the fields.

Sherri from Flowserve Corporation

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Xactly Incent-FLS

My experience has improved greatly now that I have a better understanding in terms of the functions that are used by my company.

Pros

The layout and visibility of the screens.

Cons

It's kind of difficult initially until you learn how it functions. Some features can be simplified if the type of software being used will allow.

Sue from VISA

Good system but has challenges.

Pros

Makes calculations easier. Faster to process and pay commissions. More transparent reporting. More visibility to sales reps, managers, and executives.

Cons

Still has much room for improvements. Has pain points. Issues with draw payment, finalizing and unfinalizing periods. Not easy to figure out on own.

Chih Ting from VISA

Overall experience is good.

Pros

It's easy for end users to login and review their monthly / quarterly commission, quota, and documents.

Cons

The finalize and un-finalize payments by regions need to take a bit efforts. When we in finalize the payments, it opens up all the regions. Hope we could have options to in finalize by regions.

Marcel from Purolator Ltd.

Incent

Overall has been good. Challenges with support but is moving in the right direction.

Pros

Visibility to our user group & ease of use.

Cons

Configuration issues with the Xactly team.

Reputation

Reasons for Switching to Xactly Incent

Required more flexibility to configure as required. Visibility to our sale force.

Hanna from Forcepoint

Incentives for sales reps work ok, but the administration side could be improved

Pros

1) Incent is visually well structured 2) Basics are included and straight forward, so administration od the basic functions is not difficult (a lot also depends on the consultant and the configuration)

Cons

1) Building reports with Analytics is difficult (very long lists of similar fields to choose from; Putting on filters and aggregating is not straight forward etc); 2) You need to wait for data to refresh in analytics at least two hours; 3) Commission plan functions should be improved (at least 3 issued by our team this year about it - workflows; viewing and approving) 4) The manual included in Help could be more detailed/clearer (e.x. answer about how draws behave when a rep is changing position is confusing to me) 5) I think there Xactly has potential - it feels like there are more functionalities to utilize, but we're not aware of their existence (that was my impression after a call with Xactly reps) 6) Xactly can be slow at times 7) Standard draws section is very limited

Kelly from Salesforce

Xactly review

Pros

It's better than manually calculating commissions via excel

Cons

Lack of audit around draws (you can't see who last touched/uploaded a draw), draws aren't tied to a person (currently tied to a position), and having to upload a null for people, positions, and quota

John from Anixter

Senior Account Manager

It helps me see where i'm at with commissions and helps me incentivize more sales

Pros

Ease of use and detailed information. Systems gives me daily updates as long as corporate updates systems

Cons

takes too long for Anixter to update info. from eclipse system into Xactly system