Zira Reviews

5.00 / 5 (11)

Our advisors have recommended this product 93 times in the last 30 days

• Cons

• "Earlier, I was not able to edit ongoing shifts, but the Zira Support team were quick in adding that feature in - per my request!"

• "No issues. Zira Manager and the Portal time clock have been a great addition to our process since day 1."

• "The Zira team is super responsive, and any issue I’ve had has been clarified or resolved in minutes."

Browse Zira Reviews

Sanju from It's Raining Ideas

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Product meets our needs perfectly

We needed a better way to manage time cards and run payroll, than our old time clock (which was expensive and required manual corrections). Zira’s time tracking (biometric and mobile) and scheduling solution meets our exact needs. We’re able to more accurately understand when our employees were working and expedite payroll processing.

Pros

Zira meets our workforce management needs perfectly. The product is beautifully designed. It helps us create / manage employee schedules, shift swap requests, time tracking, time off approvals, and more. Before, we needed several tools to accomplish what we can do entirely with Zira. We can export our timesheets into the exact format required by our payroll provider, so that our hours are accurate and we can process payroll faster. The price point is very reasonable, given what you get.

Cons

Not much I can think of - we have used the product for more than 1 year now. We a re working with the team to get our custom reports built in.

Response from Zira Technologies

Replied February 2021

Thanks Sanju! Glad you are enjoying having everything in one place with Zira!

Cynthia from Berbay Inc.

Industry: Facilities Services

Beautiful Product, Powerful & Flexible

Pros

The product is very easy to use. After I invited my employees to the mobile app they were able to figure it out without any help. I also received major kudos from our executives and managers as well as the employees for how efficient our team has become with the policy builder automation features. I definitely think our Zira Pilot (what Zira calls their account managers) has been amazing. Always responsive, very helpful, and it is clear that our feedback gets communicated to the whole team because we notice our ideas and feature requests getting implemented very rapidly.

Cons

In the 8 months we have been on the platform no complaints.

Reasons for Choosing Zira

Better features, a better interface for managers/admis and employees (easier to use and to learn), more features on the platform (automation, trends, reporting, messaging, A.I. features as well!) and even still it was lower cost than the alternative.

Reasons for Switching to Zira

Zira is cheaper and has much more functionality. Once we saw how easy Zira was to use, and that the flexibility of all the features could be configured however we wanted, we made the switch.

Response from Zira Technologies

Replied February 2021

Thank you for the kind words Cynthia.

Meghna from Capgemini

Love Zira platform's flexibility, and it's so easy to use

Pros

We use Zira to manage schedule and track time for our hourly employees. It helps us automate the scheduling process by matching our workers’ preferences, and availability to appropriate shift. I love that I can create & publish schedules several weeks in advance, keep track of my employees hours, and automate notifications. It's so convenient, fast to set, and easy to navigate through. Our employees simply clock-in through the mobile app, where they can also check-off tasks and add notes about the shift. I really appreciate the flexibility of Zira’s solution.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. Perhaps, it would be awesome to be able to pay my workforce through Zira.

Bua from Chicken As Cluck

Industry: Restaurants

Very happy that I switched from 7Shifts

Pros

The Zira time clock was incredibly easy to set up. I downloaded the app on my iPad and set it next to our existing 7Shifts, 7Punches tablet. I wasn't planning on switching just then, but when my employees came in the next day, some of which can not speak English and are not very tech-savvy, they saw the Zira Portal and started using it right away without training. I think that is what I appreciate most about Zira. Everything they do is incredibly easy to figure out, and once you set things up, you don't have to worry about it anymore.

Reasons for Choosing Zira

Zira seemed like a better product overall. > More features > Better designed > Easier to use.

Reasons for Switching to Zira

I was looking for something that was a little more modern and something that didn't rely on PINs for punch in and punch out. My employees would either forget their PIN number or clock in for their friends when they weren't actually at our facility yet.

Amber from Plaza Azteca

Industry: Restaurants

Game Changer and Time Saver

This company came to our attention at the perfect time, we were struggling with scheduling and every company I set up meetings with did not meet my requirements or expectations. We met the creator of the company and some of the rest of the team and they were amazing, kind, and very professional. Anytime we had any questions, no matter what time of day, they immediately responded and handled the situation. I honestly couldn't recommend this company more, I know they have a mission and vision that is worth supporting and are young, ambitious entrepreneurs that have a knack and passion for what they do.

Pros

Our team really enjoyed the cleanliness and ease of use when it comes to the software itself. We have many employees who aren't tech savvy and they never have any issues figuring out how to use the system. The setup is easy to navigate and has a very modern, clean look.

Cons

The software was still under development when we first started using it so there were a few bugs, but in less than 2 months they worked out every issue that was encountered. It has become an almost flawless system in our opinion.

Reasons for Choosing Zira

Without putting down the other company, I'm sure they would probably be a great fit for someone else, Zira personally had a lot of qualities that I was looking for in a scheduling system. Their design has a clean and fresh look to it, I always see how they continuously are updating and bettering their system to ensure that it's modern and easy to navigate. The other company's layout looked like an Excel spreadsheet and was overwhelming to look at. the creator of Zira, during our first meeting, showed me everything they had to offer including features that they were in the process of launching. The other company wouldn't show me features they offered because we had to commit first, for us that was a red flag because it felt like maybe there actually isn't much beneath the surface.

Joe from RYC Inc.

Zira saved us time and money

I've been very happy with Zira's ease of use and setup. The onboarding process was simple, and the Zira team was with us every step of the way. Our workforce consists of older, mostly non-english speakers, so I was initially worried that they would have trouble learning new technology. But Zira is well-designed, accessible, and available in multiple languages -- so our employees picked it up in no time. I really appreciated Zira's commitment to their customers. They build fast and have always been super responsive to feedback. It's been great to see how this new technology has helped our traditional business.

Pros

Our manufacturing plant needed an easy way to create schedule and track clock-ins and outs. Our managers were spending hours building schedules manually, using spreadsheets and pen and paper. Zira removed this headache, because now we can build schedules in minutes. The scheduling tool optimizes our schedules -- taking into account employee availability, preferences, skills, and company requirements / policies. Since our employees update their preferences & availability in Zira's mobile app, we can build schedules that work well for their personal lives (which helped morale). Zira has helped us manage our workforce more efficiently and keep labor costs in check. We also switched to Zira for time and attendance. Before, we were using a traditional time clock that was old, expensive, and not user friendly. We had issues with accuracy: employees occasionally punched-in for each other and they sometimes forgot their codes. Zira has a biometric time clock with Face ID, which makes clock-ins simple and accurate. We've also set up automatic shift reminders, which made it easy for employees to show up on time. And we have notifications for late clock-ins and no shows, so managers can automatically dispatch replacements. Now my managers can spend time on higher priority tasks, and employees have a better channel for communicating with management. For manufacturers like us, efficiency is essential; using Zira has helped us save us time and money.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about Zira. My only note is that the automation engine is very customizable, so at first we weren't sure what we wanted to create. There's a list of pre-built automations to choose from (like sending shift reminders), which was a great way to get started. What really helped was that the Zira team worked with us to understand our challenges and set up automations; from there it's been smooth sailing. For example, we've set up automations to enforce company policies, so we can remain compliant with California labor laws. It's been one of the most powerful aspects of our Zira experience.

Yang from Zhenjiu Medical Center, Inc

Zira brings modern shift scheduling and attendance management to us

Pros

I'm the owner of a chiropractic and acupuncture clinic. We have very dynamic and constantly-changing schedules, which have gotten even more complex with Covid. I was looking for an easier way to build schedules and I found Zira. Previously, I was spending 3-4 hours per week building schedules. The biggest challenge was managing each staff member’s preferences, availability, and role-fit. We were collecting this information on paper and spreadsheets, and it was a huge headache. Zira has cut scheduling time down dramatically: the scheduling assistant tool builds well-matched schedules super quickly. Moreover, it reduced the interpersonal burden; the schedules are more fair and provide better personal balance for the employees, because it automatically factors in their availability and preferences. Our employees love the modern time clock; they’ve found the facial recognition system easy and enjoyable for clock-in/out (it was our first magic moment with Zira). We set up automatic shift reminders (like when to take breaks, when shifts start, etc) and enforce other labor compliance policies. Zira has helped us operate more effectively, manage our costs and coverage better, and save time.

Cons

I love the fact that Zira allows me to specify different scheduling requirements for employees, such as maximum hours, time preference, and availabilities. It would also be nice to have a way to be able to make sure my high-performance employees getting more shifts as a reward also assign them on busier days.

Reasons for Choosing Zira

I did some research and I couldn't find any other product proving such a comprehensive package (Employee scheduling, attendance, time tracking, communication,s, etc) at this low price point.

Alex from Generation Enterprise

Easy and accessible -- made schedules no longer a headache

Pros

As the field operations manager, I am responsible for scheduling dozens of staff members. Our shifts and volunteers change frequently, so building schedules was a nightmare. Since we started using Zira for scheduling, I've saved us massive amounts of time; the schedule tool does the work it for me. I can enter criteria / requirements and the tool creates and optimized schedule. Most of our staff is young, so they use smartphones. They mark their time preferences and availability in the app, which is great for us because we no longer need to confirm and coordinate individually. The staff loves being able to see their schedules remotely in the Zira app. Previously, we had spreadsheet schedules posted in the office, but it wasn’t accessible and was not easy for management to make changes. We also enjoy the chat functionality. Chat helps with safety and compliance, because we now don’t have to text employees directly. Our volunteers has a safe and accessible channel to communicate with management. Overall, Zira has been great for streamlining our operations. We can spend our time and resources in more valuable and productive ways.

Cons

When chat launched, they originally only had direct messages. I asked for group chat functionality (because I wanted to message groups of staff based on role), and they built it immediately. This makes communication so much easier when I need to reach my teams. I have no complaints about the product. Any feedback I’ve given, the team has taken to heart.

Dr. Erin from Bay Area Orthodontics, Orthopedics, & Surgery

Zira is a godsend for scheduling multiple offices

Pros

Our practice loves Zira. Scheduling assistants was a nightmare before, but now with Zira, time availability, skills and specializations, time off requests, are all handed in one place - and automatically! Zira helps us create fair and consistent scheduling almost instantly. Since we have 10 offices, scheduling doctors, assistants, supervisors and reception staff would normally take several weeks to complete. In addition, we have traveling assistants with distance and preference restrictions. With Zira, everyone’s preferences are taken into consideration and the AI automatically makes the best schedule for everyone. Having all that information in one place and visible when creating a schedule is just amazing. It has streamlined our practice in so many ways, that both productivity and profitability has significantly increased. In addition, that same information is shown clearly on the Zira Portal time clock making our time tracking ridiculously easy compared to what we were doing manually before. We are so happy that our practices have integrated Zira into our flow.

Cons

None, we are very happy with the product!

Devika from CBRE

Perfect Time and Pay Tracking solution for my remote team

Pros

Zira helps me with visibility and tracking of each employee profile - time worked, punctuality, show up rate, and automatically tallys the pay down to the minutes worked. Helped me with employee motivation as I use employee dashboard to discuss performance and goals. My employees are remote and need to clock in and out when they start work. Using the geofence feature, we can make sure they are at the location. My team is not tech-savvy but they like the mobile app and find it very easy to use.

Joleen from Fremont Unified School District

A Huge Upgrade!

The ease and simplicity of using Zira has saved us a lot of time with scheduling. The customer support during implementation was above and beyond, and Zira continues to give amazing support anytime we need it!

Pros

We are so happy we found Zira! The simplicity and flexibility of their scheduling tools integrate seamlessly with the Zira time clock. The Zira Portal (Time Clock) works on any device which is super convenient for our different locations. As soon as we publish a new opening Zira automatically knows who can cover it and notifies them instantly. We save a lot of time scheduling and the automation platform allows us to be confident that policies are consistent, fair and never forgotten.

Reasons for Choosing Zira

Zira products seemed better designed than any other options we saw. Even though we didn’t initially think we needed them, the additional features like automation and messaging ended up being really valuable.

Response from Zing Labs

Replied November 2020

Thanks Joleen. We are glad you are enjoying Zira!