• icon"I like that I am able to easily document my clients and information needed about them."
  • icon"It is user friendly, adaptable to our needs. Support is very responsive."
  • icon"We love the software's robust reporting capabilities as well as the tracking tools, custom form builder, and the vast amount of data you are able to track in Kaleidacare."
  • icon"It times out very quick and often, we realize it’s a safe guard but it’s very annoying."
  • icon"The one thing with the software is that you have to put the time into learning how to navigate from place to place. Until you really dig into the software it can be difficult to know how to navigate."
  • icon"This software is not very user friendly and it seems to be very confusing at times to use. A lot of us at our facility have a hard time using it and trying to figure out how to use it."

Browse all extendedReach Reviews

• Have you used extendedReach and would like to share your experience with others?

Milo

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Advanced and expansive care management tool

Our non-profit agency has benefitted greatly since becoming a Kaleidacare customer. Kaleidacare allows us to have a central database to track all of our clients and facilities, as well as staff and their notes and documentation. With Kaleidacare, we've become much more "Paper-lite". This software has truly transformed the way our social workers do their work, and how we access information for the better. Moreover, the Kaleidacare staff is phenomenal. All interactions with the staff has been positive and even exceeded expectations. Your agency's happiness is very important to them and they will go out of their way to ensure you are utilizing the system with maximum efficiency.

Pros

Cons

Kaleidcare offers regular live webinar trainings and has a pretty extensive FAQ section, but I would love to see more video tutorials, perhaps even courses in the future! I can't say there's anything I actually dislike, though.

Sean

Kaleidacare Simplicity

Pros

Most features are used the same way making it easy for new user setup. The ability to customize forms makes the software easily expandable.

Cons

Want more customization options with building custom forms and lack of a comprehensive security auditing tool.

Reasons for choosing extendedReach

Price per active client not per user. We looked at other companies other than FamCare but they were our second option.

DeAnne

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Data collection and records management

Overall positive

Pros

The data collection function is very useful, as well as document management to maintain records compliance.

Cons

This software could definitely use some improvements with customization. This is not a one-size fits all program, and it would be very nice to be able to have a little more power over data fields in the Standard Forms. In addition, a due date feature (with reminders) should be added to document management so that we can easily see when certain documents need to be updated.

this is not my area

Patricia

Industry: Mental Health Care

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Billing and Documents in one program

It is too expensive to get things changed that are simple. Mandatory birthday- $3000.00

Pros

I was not here for implementation but no balances were carried forward and it was a mess for the first year. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] takes the time to understand our issue and figure out a solution that will work for our needs. I like that the billing and the documents are housed in the same place.

Cons

Birthdate not mandatory, Minimum Service Minutes, Reports not paginated, No back button, Save Criteria not available on Custom Forms, Billable forms central where all billable forms billed, block inactive clients, Division does not show up on reports, cant tell who changed what and when, authorization warning information can not be pulled to different report

Reasons for choosing extendedReach

I was not involved in that

Reasons for switching to extendedReach

I wasn't here but I think for the billing

Karina

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR CHILD PLACING AGENCIES!!!

My experience has been exceptional!!

Pros

Extended Reach literally changed my life as it relates to my job. I have worked for CPAs for over 20 years. I have gone from working with all paper to now being fully paperless. My last agency used Childtrax. Childtrax was not bad, but it was not user friendly and it was not explained very well to our agency. I have transitioned to a new agency that uses Extended Reach and OMG has it been a beautiful transition. What I love about ER is that it is tailored for the individual needs of your company. Almost 95% of the time, if I asked, "hey can you guys add this function" it was added immediately. ER has been too good to be true. They can customize spreadsheets, forms, almost anything that needs to be customized. We can invite foster parents to trainings, send out mass emails, and help our foster parents keep track of training, medical appointments, etc. This software is AMAZING!!!!

Cons

No cons. There are just a few things that Extended Reach cannot do, but this is me wanting Extended Reach to just do my job for me lol. No real complaints, the software is a MUST!!

Vicki

KaleidaCare Solutions7 - A True Blessing

We are proud to recognize KaleidaCare's generous support of the Mogra Children's Rescue Centre in Nairobi Kenya. My whole experience with Kaleidacare has been a very positive and exciting one. Back in the spring of 2016, one of the Customer support representative worked for a long time with me in identifying the fit of Kaleidacare with the needs of the orphanage. It was truly a pleasure to work with her, she was patient, eager to share her knowledge and very supportive in my learning the system. She loved the story of the orphanage and the hundreds of little ones and she worked hard to help me sell the concept to Mogra. The pass-over to Customer support representative was seamless and her enthusiasm and excitement about the project made the process go very smoothly. The biggest challenges we had were internet connectivity and power outages due to African storms which made on-line training sessions a challenge, but we did it. She was very patient and flexible, being respectful of our time and situation. The implementation process was structured in a logical and methodical order, working with more than a 10 hour time-zone difference. Johanna went above and beyond what was expected in the implementation of Kaleidacare; bringing order to the information of more than 290 young souls. She made the program fun and less intimidating - we could always count on her to quickly get back to us when we had questions. We very much appreciate having been assigned such a knowledgeable and personable implementation expert especially appreciative are the Mogra crew who are learning the system and will champion it! The management of Kaleidacare should feel proud of having employees as dedicated and caring as the ones we've worked with! The biggest assets any company can have is their people and it looks like Kaleidacare is RICH indeed.!

Pros

Flexibility and somewhat customizable, consistency of menus and screens, easy access to reports. Ease of information dates.

Cons

This pilot project was implemented in Africa, so some of the fields were not customizable - ie phone number format. Wouldn't be a problem if the agency is in North America.

LAUREE

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Even us old-folks can use it successfully

Being able to transition from paper files to electronic health records has been a HUGE benefit to our company, especially when it comes to auditing. Our outside auditors can review our files remotely, saving them and us on time and travel. I personally am of an older and less tech savvy age group. KaleidaCare has been an easy program to use and takes some of my fears of technology away due to it's ease of use. And when I get stuck, I can always search for a video or tutorial on how to do whatever it is I need.

Pros

KaleidaCare offers a comprehensive program to store files, manage reports and analyze data so that I can focus on the people part of our business. It is accessible anywhere I go. Their customer service is excellent!!! They offer lots of resources and extra training when needed. The staff are easily accessible and pleasant to work with.

Cons

The incompatibility between custom and standard forms related to reports and data accessibility. At times KaleidaCare standard forms do not meet our needs and/or requirements from licensing or other regulatory entities, so custom forms are needed. This really limits us at times.

Our agency has had a great experience with extendedReach.

Pros

The software is intuitive, user friendly, and mobile. We implemented the software about a year and half ago and it went as smoothly as could be expected. The staff at extendedReach with whom we walked through the planning and implementation processes were professional, knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. Ongoing customer service is exemplary. They are responsible and helpful. We currently have 8 clinical and social service programs using the software. We are always finding new ways to use the system and improve out processes. We are nationally accredited and our accrediting body recently sent reviewers for our reaccreditation. The reviewers, who must quickly become familiar with and use many software programs, found extendedReach easy to learn and use and commented that we had made an excellent selection in our choice of new data management software.

Cons

The Foster Care Module has many excellent features like the Foster Parent Portal. We would really like the General Case Management Module to have similar features.

Bodessa

Work without worry

It allows us to accomplish exactly what we need to do.

Pros

It allows us to document interactions with clients, ensure compliance and bill the appropriate parties timely.

Jessica

October 2022

User Friendly Database Systme

Pros

The system is very user-friendly. The staff at extendedReach/KCare are quick to respond to occasional service requests.

Cons

No issues at this time. The extendedReach system is meeting our needs.

Judy

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

A very intuitive software that does it all!

Pros

As our agency continues to grow, evolve and expand - so does this software. It's super simple to use no matter if you're a case manager, supervisor, accountant, administrator, or an external user. We're able to easily automate workflows, track compliance items, communicate with families, and build custom forms for each of our multiple programs and contracts - all in a paperless environment. The built-in reports are easy to use and we can easily create our own custom reports without being a rocket scientist. We're constantly complimented on the 'ease of use' of our software choice during licensing visits and external audits. Plus, customer support is fast, friendly, and always goes the extra mile to respond to our needs.

Cons

It's difficult to come up with a con, but if I have to have one it would be that English is currently the only language option - it would be nice to have a Spanish version of the foster home portal for our ESL clients.

Katrina

I have always had a great experience using the software and working with their staff.

Pros

The fact that we can capture several different programs within our agency all in the same database, the ease of input and the great reporting features. Being able to create custom forms and the many configuration capabilities the system offers. We just recently purchased the billing module and our accounting staff are loving it. It is saving them so much time and repetitive work. But the most important feature the Kaleidacare software system has is their amazaing staff, always attentive to your needs and willing to go the extra mile to help you figure out the system. Their staff takes pride in what they do, always looking to make enhancements to the system that'll benefit their clients and taking into consideration clients feedback.

Cons

I guess if I had to think of something all I could come up with would be having more configureable fields.

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

A very intuitive software that does it all!

Pros

As our agency continues to grow, evolve and expand so does this software. It's super simple to use no matter if you're a case manager, supervisor, accountant, administrator, or an external user. We're able to easily automate workflows, track compliance items, communicate with families, and build custom forms for each of our multiple programs and contracts - all in a paperless environment. The built-in reports are easy to use and we can easily create our own custom reports without being a rocket scientist. We're constantly complimented on our choice of software during licensing visits and external audits. Customer Support is fast, friendly and always goes the extra mile to respond to our needs.

Cons

This software is only available in English, but it would be great to have a Spanish version for our ESL clients.

Kaylee

Industry: Mental Health Care

Great software!

Overall, my experience with KaleidaCare Solutions7 has been GREAT!

Pros

Having used a few different EMRs in my career as a mental health provider, I can honestly say Kaleidacare is one of the best. Its layout is user-friendly and clean, data input is easy and customizable, and customer service is amazing. Some EMRs can be cumbersome or feel like they're built for IT professionals and not users in the medical/mental health fields. I love that Kaleidacare is not like this. In addition, I have truly enjoyed working with the individuals at Kaleidacare. Whether on the sales team or the troubleshooting team, all the individuals I've worked with at Kaleidacare I have known on a first-name basis and have been kind, helpful, and professional.

Cons

I think my only complaint about Kaleidacare is it is sometimes difficult to extract data.

Angela

Pick extendedReach over all of the others

I track everything being done within my fourteen office agency around the State of Texas using this software. I can do this from anywhere - I've done it from the beach in Hawaii. I love eR.

Pros

I like that it is so, so user friendly. I have used Kaleidecare and the State of Texas software systems (IMPACT, CLASS). eR is, by far, the easiest to use. It allows Administrators to fix "mistakes" by staff. I can make changes to how we document, forms, tracking -- without having to submit a ticket and wait on someone else to do it. It is truly customizable. When I do need to reach out to rep and his team, they respond THAT DAY.

Cons

I'd love to have more data - more ability to track the tasks being completed by my staff.

Not applicable.

Reasons for switching to extendedReach

More user friendly. Better value. More customizable. A more logical user interface.

Damian

A Valuable Electronic Asset

Great customer support. Your staff are very approachable, and willing to discuss ways we can use Kaliedacare more effectively. Have had several productive discussions resulting in custom programs being developed for our use.

Pros

Ease of use for our staff, and our therapeutic foster parents, who have been entering daily notes since 2010.

Cons

While overall agency aggregation of data is pretty good, it is harder to aggregate individual client data. Standard forms allow for some of this, but custom forms require a customized kaliedacare solution in order to aggregate and analyse individual outcome data.

Reasons for choosing extendedReach

Good fit for our use in therapeutic foster care; corporated staff with a background in social services, who could talk knowledgeably about our programs and how Kaleidacare could be effective.

Jessica