• Pros

• "For me, it is easy to use. I like how all features are easily accessible from the drop down menus."

• "Its simple to use, easy, our foster parents are able to enter their daily notes and understand how to use kcare which makes our job a lot easier. "

• "I like how this software tracks all information relevant to a children's home."

• Cons

• "It is expensive and takes a lot of training. But once you get the hang of it, it's very beneficial."

• "I would love to make reports for custom forms look a little better."

• "The software provides some information that I do not have use for or maybe it has not been explained to me what its for. "

Browse KaleidaCare Solutions Reviews

Milo from Creative Community Services, Inc.

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Advanced and expansive care management tool

Our non-profit agency has benefitted greatly since becoming a Kaleidacare customer. Kaleidacare allows us to have a central database to track all of our clients and facilities, as well as staff and their notes and documentation. With Kaleidacare, we've become much more "Paper-lite". This software has truly transformed the way our social workers do their work, and how we access information for the better. Moreover, the Kaleidacare staff is phenomenal. All interactions with the staff has been positive and even exceeded expectations. Your agency's happiness is very important to them and they will go out of their way to ensure you are utilizing the system with maximum efficiency.

Pros

We love the software's robust reporting capabilities as well as the tracking tools, custom form builder, and the vast amount of data you are able to track in Kaleidacare.

Cons

Kaleidcare offers regular live webinar trainings and has a pretty extensive FAQ section, but I would love to see more video tutorials, perhaps even courses in the future! I can't say there's anything I actually dislike, though.

Sean from Community & Family Services Foundation

Kaleidacare Simplicity

Pros

Most features are used the same way making it easy for new user setup. The ability to customize forms makes the software easily expandable.

Cons

Want more customization options with building custom forms and lack of a comprehensive security auditing tool.

Reasons for Choosing KaleidaCare Solutions

Price per active client not per user. We looked at other companies other than FamCare but they were our second option.

DeAnne from Human Services Consultants

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Data collection and records management

Overall positive

Pros

The data collection function is very useful, as well as document management to maintain records compliance.

Cons

This software could definitely use some improvements with customization. This is not a one-size fits all program, and it would be very nice to be able to have a little more power over data fields in the Standard Forms. In addition, a due date feature (with reminders) should be added to document management so that we can easily see when certain documents need to be updated.

this is not my area

Patricia from JusticeWorks Behavioral Care

Industry: Mental Health Care

Billing and Documents in one program

It is too expensive to get things changed that are simple. Mandatory birthday- $3000.00

Pros

I was not here for implementation but no balances were carried forward and it was a mess for the first year. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] takes the time to understand our issue and figure out a solution that will work for our needs. I like that the billing and the documents are housed in the same place.

Cons

Birthdate not mandatory, Minimum Service Minutes, Reports not paginated, No back button, Save Criteria not available on Custom Forms, Billable forms central where all billable forms billed, block inactive clients, Division does not show up on reports, cant tell who changed what and when, authorization warning information can not be pulled to different report

Reasons for Choosing KaleidaCare Solutions

I was not involved in that

LAUREE from Human Services Consultants, LLC

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Even us old-folks can use it successfully

Being able to transition from paper files to electronic health records has been a HUGE benefit to our company, especially when it comes to auditing. Our outside auditors can review our files remotely, saving them and us on time and travel. I personally am of an older and less tech savvy age group. KaleidaCare has been an easy program to use and takes some of my fears of technology away due to it's ease of use. And when I get stuck, I can always search for a video or tutorial on how to do whatever it is I need.

Pros

KaleidaCare offers a comprehensive program to store files, manage reports and analyze data so that I can focus on the people part of our business. It is accessible anywhere I go. Their customer service is excellent!!! They offer lots of resources and extra training when needed. The staff are easily accessible and pleasant to work with.

Cons

The incompatibility between custom and standard forms related to reports and data accessibility. At times KaleidaCare standard forms do not meet our needs and/or requirements from licensing or other regulatory entities, so custom forms are needed. This really limits us at times.

Kaylee from Florida United Methodist Childrens Home

Great software!

Overall, my experience with KaleidaCare Solutions7 has been GREAT!

Pros

Having used a few different EMRs in my career as a mental health provider, I can honestly say Kaleidacare is one of the best. Its layout is user-friendly and clean, data input is easy and customizable, and customer service is amazing. Some EMRs can be cumbersome or feel like they're built for IT professionals and not users in the medical/mental health fields. I love that Kaleidacare is not like this. In addition, I have truly enjoyed working with the individuals at Kaleidacare. Whether on the sales team or the troubleshooting team, all the individuals I've worked with at Kaleidacare I have known on a first-name basis and have been kind, helpful, and professional.

Cons

I think my only complaint about Kaleidacare is it is sometimes difficult to extract data.

Damian from Human Services Consultants

A Valuable Electronic Asset

Great customer support. Your staff are very approachable, and willing to discuss ways we can use Kaliedacare more effectively. Have had several productive discussions resulting in custom programs being developed for our use.

Pros

Ease of use for our staff, and our therapeutic foster parents, who have been entering daily notes since 2010.

Cons

While overall agency aggregation of data is pretty good, it is harder to aggregate individual client data. Standard forms allow for some of this, but custom forms require a customized kaliedacare solution in order to aggregate and analyse individual outcome data.

Reasons for Choosing KaleidaCare Solutions

Good fit for our use in therapeutic foster care; corporated staff with a background in social services, who could talk knowledgeably about our programs and how Kaleidacare could be effective.

Jessica from Epworth Children's Home

Industry: Individual & Family Services

It has made my job 10x easier. System support is always responsive and helpful. I really enjoy using this product.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to customize, ability to access on multiple devices, ability to access client information without having to access the file storage room, ability to write group notes, ability to print and download easily

Cons

Staff assignments can be tedious. For instance, I would like to be able to give my Program Director access to all direct care staff hired and have it happen automatically instead of direct 1-1 assignment. Dashboard should be easier to access than it is. Silverlight is not a very cooperative program. Custom forms don't pull the best reports for data analysis.

Lynne from Centerstone/Foster Care Select

Industry: Mental Health Care

Perfect software for foster care programs!

Since purchasing solutions 7, it has become so much easier to locate documents quickly and to customize forms we need specifically for our program.

Pros

Kaleidacare is easy to set up and use. We can teach everyone from staff to foster parents to auditors to use it in less than an hour.

Cons

I would love to make reports for custom forms look a little better.

Reasons for Choosing KaleidaCare Solutions

K-care seemed to be the best value. Some had a lot more bells and whistles but they were things we didn’t really need and were way more costly.

Dan from Gateway Woods

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Why KaleidaCare is a great solution

Outside of the things that make the system work well, the level of customer service will exceed all of your expectations. From meeting with a sales rep, to building your system and implementing it, and beyond to when you are fully live KaleidaCare takes time to make sure the system meets your needs. They will make sure that any issues you have are addressed quickly. The training that is provided is at the level of the learner and even folks who have never used a system like this will be able to pick it up quickly.

Pros

The best part of this software is the ability to customize it easily. We are able to create our own forms and make changes as needed to those forms in house without the need to contact support.

Cons

The one thing with the software is that you have to put the time into learning how to navigate from place to place. Until you really dig into the software it can be difficult to know how to navigate. That said, once you learn the system it is very user friendly.

Vicki from Linked Through Love Foundation

KaleidaCare Solutions7 - A True Blessing

We are proud to recognize KaleidaCare's generous support of the Mogra Children's Rescue Centre in Nairobi Kenya. My whole experience with Kaleidacare has been a very positive and exciting one. Back in the spring of 2016, one of the Customer support representative worked for a long time with me in identifying the fit of Kaleidacare with the needs of the orphanage. It was truly a pleasure to work with her, she was patient, eager to share her knowledge and very supportive in my learning the system. She loved the story of the orphanage and the hundreds of little ones and she worked hard to help me sell the concept to Mogra. The pass-over to Customer support representative was seamless and her enthusiasm and excitement about the project made the process go very smoothly. The biggest challenges we had were internet connectivity and power outages due to African storms which made on-line training sessions a challenge, but we did it. She was very patient and flexible, being respectful of our time and situation. The implementation process was structured in a logical and methodical order, working with more than a 10 hour time-zone difference. Johanna went above and beyond what was expected in the implementation of Kaleidacare; bringing order to the information of more than 290 young souls. She made the program fun and less intimidating - we could always count on her to quickly get back to us when we had questions. We very much appreciate having been assigned such a knowledgeable and personable implementation expert especially appreciative are the Mogra crew who are learning the system and will champion it! The management of Kaleidacare should feel proud of having employees as dedicated and caring as the ones we've worked with! The biggest assets any company can have is their people and it looks like Kaleidacare is RICH indeed.!

Pros

Flexibility and somewhat customizable, consistency of menus and screens, easy access to reports. Ease of information dates.

Cons

This pilot project was implemented in Africa, so some of the fields were not customizable - ie phone number format. Wouldn't be a problem if the agency is in North America.

Katrina from Child Crisis Arizona

I have always had a great experience using the software and working with their staff.

Pros

The fact that we can capture several different programs within our agency all in the same database, the ease of input and the great reporting features. Being able to create custom forms and the many configuration capabilities the system offers. We just recently purchased the billing module and our accounting staff are loving it. It is saving them so much time and repetitive work. But the most important feature the Kaleidacare software system has is their amazaing staff, always attentive to your needs and willing to go the extra mile to help you figure out the system. Their staff takes pride in what they do, always looking to make enhancements to the system that'll benefit their clients and taking into consideration clients feedback.

Cons

I guess if I had to think of something all I could come up with would be having more configureable fields.

John from Texas Boys Ranch

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Kaleidacare has improved our case management services to our clients.

Time saving for my case managers. Ability to work from anywhere. Greater work flexibility for everyone that uses the software.

Pros

This cloud-based service has created a very convenient to work from anywhere. As a result, we are able to allow more flexibility to our social work staff. In addition, I have the ability to log on at any time to review service plans, therapy notes, and review and sign documents the require my attention. Since I travel quit a bit, this convenience is very important.

Cons

Kaleidacare is not always user friendly. In addition, forms are not as easy to develop as I would like. There are also some additional features that we have recommended, that still have not be developed.

Patricia from Ga. Baptist Children's Homes

Review of Solution 7 software system

There are so many new releases ( at least once if not twice a month) and it is hard to keep up with all the changes and implement them with our staff, we have been with KC for many years and it feels like we are not using the system to its full potential because of this.

Pros

Was part of the Solution 7 upgrade several years ago and appreciated the thought/planning that had gone into making the transition easy. Our agency uses the billing module and has appreciated the quick response when issues arise from support.

Cons

Building custom forms is very cumbersome and time consuming. Sometime when contacting customer support it is hard to describe issues I am experiencing to get results.

Larry from Lutheran Services Carolinas

Industry: Mental Health Care

solid software with good features

Pros

I like that the product is easy to use and customizable in many ways. The staff is great in helping you to setup the system so it works for your agency. The helpdesk is also useful and answers many questions quickly and accurately.

Cons

The most difficult part is getting used to the way the software is designed so that adjust your processes appropriately. Sometimes it "feels" like there is a disconnect in one part of the software to another even though it's really a purposeful design issue.

Danielle from Human Services Consultants

User Friendly

I have been using it for 5 years and its user friendly. As a supervisor I would like to attend the conference to learn more about all that kcare and really utilize it more with our agency and teach others how to use it more efficiently.

Pros

Cons

Mileage- When my staff enter it into your data base its a few cents off so we have to do some additional math to ensure that the staff get paid correctly.

Victoria from Boys and Girls Country

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

A great way to go paperless

It’s a great software if you are trying to go paperless

Pros

You can potentially have all your documentation in one place

Cons

Integrating existing forms into an online format is difficult at times. Some employees get frustrated with the length of some of the forms and if Kaleidacare times them out, they lose all their progress. It’s sometimes difficult to know where information gets pulled from

Darrin from Amarillo Children's Home

We are thankful to streamline a complex process into a single working structure!

Pros

KaleidaCare has given us the opportunity to streamline a previously complicated structure into a manageable process. Rather than having multiple employees overlapping services our process is funneled to one source.

Cons

We would like to be able to add and expand the forms and their content to more exactly follow our organizational goals.

Sophia from Boys and Girls Country

KaleidaCare Review

Pros

I like how this software tracks all information relevant to a children's home.

Cons

This software is not very user friendly and it seems to be very confusing at times to use. A lot of us at our facility have a hard time using it and trying to figure out how to use it.

Charmian from Child Abuse Prevention Association

Worth the expense

The team is always willing to help and checks in frequently.

Pros

Not only can I pull real-time data, but I can also see productivity reports for each employee.

Rochelle from Omni Visions Inc

Solutions7

Pros

Solutions7 is easy to follow and user friendly.

Cons

A couple of the features could be improved (Training/Education Tracking and Custom Form Builder). They are both a bit clunky and not as user friendly as the rest of the system.

Jessica from St. Peter St. Joseph Children's Home

Excellent product

Pros

Kaleidacare is very easy to use and customer service responds quickly

Cons

Not everything allows for the system administrator to customize it, making it more time consuming to build your own forms than use the standard forms.

Juliann from Boys and Girls Country

Kaleidacare

It is a good product and as we learn how to customize forms more it will be better.

Pros

It is online based and our paperwork can be done from anywhere.

Cons

The bugs that happen. Having to log out and log back in for information to pull, etc

Jennifer from Jonathan's Place

Foster Care User

Being able to send direct reminders to foster parents is time efficient.

Pros

Being able to generate a list for foster parent payments save an enormous amount of time.

Cons

Customization could be more intuitive and easier to use.

Bob from Miracle Hill Ministries

Great Software!

Pros

Cons

Program updates, but this is getting better.

Auranuth from Apelah

Great product

Great customer service! Easy to navigate the system.

Pros

Information was easy to obtain and utilize.

Cons

Not a con, software able to meet needs of diverse population of service providers.

Elizabeth from Human Services Consultants

Great Services

Pros

Reporting is super helpful and I would like to learn more about reporting.

Cons

Some functions don't talk to each other.

Adela from Sunny Glen Children's Home

Pros

It keeps track of all our work orders that are requested for our Maintenance Department. Also we are able to post debits or credits to special accounts in our company.

Susan from St. Augustine Youth Services

Industry: Mental Health Care

I was very reluctant to change to Electronic Records. The initial training helped me overcome this!

The software allows me to better monitor client's Clinical Progress as well as monitor the Therapist's reports, thus cutting down on the amount of time spent in meetings.

Pros

It is easy to access, we have support when we need it, the initial training helped me overcome my resistance to changing to Electronic Records.

Cons

There are many capabilities of this program which would be useful. However, I feel that advanced training via KaleiCare might be helpful. (I will check with one of our Administrators to see if this is possible.)

Kari from Seton Home

review of K-Care

it is our main data collection system for a collaborative team providing multiple interventions for children in residential care

Pros

Multiple users providing data for a multi-faceted team in social service

Cons

I dont know how to create my own queries/reports

n/a

Tim from New Horizons

April 2016

Kaleidacare use with Child Placing Agency and Residential Treatment programs combined.

We have been a long term user with Kaleidacare and use the software with our Child Placing Agency and two Residential Treatment centers in Texas. This on line .net system is clean and familiar looking to other software currently in use over the web. We access this system in some rural locations with limited bandwidth and experience good data processing. Pros: Customization, Quick Quality Support, Very Cost Effective, Consistent Improvements. Ease of use for staff with limited computer experience. On Line Ease of Access from all locations, Little to No Outages or Down Time, System Self Managed Security (No need to worry about in house security settings.), Fast Access Depending on ISP, Billing Integration Ability, Multi Browser Access with no software to download, Growth of Additional Modules Yearly, Special Development of Modules per Request, Training on New or Specific Additions, Consistent On-line Training for Free, and Secure off site cloud back up of data. Cons: The only reason I would give less than 5 stars overall. The reporting data and reports need a more robust process and abilities and needs improvement to print without a downloading of report from Chrome or other browsers other than I.E.

Glenn from Giocosa

KCare for Foster Care

Good experience.

Pros

Quick access to our client database to watch our daily census.

Cons

Too many steps at times to view data at times when seeking out information.

Denise from SaintA

Easy to Use and Best Customer Service

Our agency has been using Kaleidacare for over four years now and the software and staff have lived up to their reputation. The software is easy to use, efficient, intuitive and very flexible when we need to change practice and documentation requirements. The reporting capabilities are also flexible and customizable so that we can easily track client outcomes and program performance. The staff have alway been very responsive, knowledgeable and willing to assist us whenever needed. There is almost no wait time for a response when support questions are submitted and any identified "bugs" are resolved very quickly. We feel like we get personalized support and attention whenever we have questions or problems to solve. We started using Kaleidacare for a handful of our programs and have recently decided to implement the use of the software across all our program areas. Compared to other software, Kaleidacare is the most flexible, responsive and cost-effective solution out there. There is not one software solution that will meet 100% of the needs of any organization but Kaleidacare comes close.

Kim from The Marsh Foundation

Behavioral Health Documentation

We like the support we receive. Everyone is responsive and friendly. The software needs work in terms of behavioral health documentation.

Pros

Case notes are easy to use and access. Support is wonderful.

Cons

Some of the custom forms do not work as efficiently as the standard forms. The software does not seem to be very well suited to behavioral health. Clinicians complain that some documentation disappears. There is delay and spinning when trying to complete documentation.

April 2016

Dorothyanna from Omni Visions, Inc.

April 2016

KaleidaCare Earns 5 Stars!

Having worked in the social service for over 15 years, I have used several software programs. I have been very impressed with KaleidaCare's product and the amazing customer service that we receive. KaleidaCare's software is very intuitive and user-friendly. Our agency has used KaleidaCare for over 10 years and is used in our Foster Care and Adoption, Intellectual Disabilities, and Residential programs. We are now in the process of implementing KaleidaCare in our Mental Health programs. KaleidaCare's customer support is very timely and they are always professional and friendly. It doesn't matter the time of day or day of the week, someone is always there to respond to our user's needs. KaleidaCare offers Online User Groups and Online Trainings, which is very helpful and keeps us informed about newly released enhancements and functionality. KaleidaCare definitely earns 5 stars!!!

Arianne from Arms Wide Adoption Services

Kaleidcare feedback

We have had a rough couple of years with issues, but I am hoping we are on the upswing now.

Pros

I appreciate being able to build my own forms.

Cons

I would like to create my own reports that can include items from different reports.

Tracking

Pros

KaleidaCare Solutions 7 has been a big help for us. We use it to track our clients, our building maintenance, work orders among other things.

Cons

I don't have anything that I do not like about KaleidaCare.

Kristi from Pinelands Group Homes

KaleidaCare is user friendly.

Pros

I like how information can be pulled into different forms. I like the tracking features. Client face sheet is very helpful.

David from BGHNC

Updates

It has taken us a long time to use more of the system.

Pros

Holds a lot of data Were using more of the system now

Cons

Cost overall Sometimes when we seek past data it is incorrect?

Deidre from SCSCY

User Friendly

Kaleidacare is very user friendly and the implementation team was awesome! We stayed on track the entire time and even started using it before our projected date.

Pros

It is user friendly and easy to train new employees on.

Cons

Some times when a staff is working on a large entry they will lose their information before it logs them out.

Will from Thompson

User friends - great for billing. Would like to see more BI capabilities.

Pros

user friendly, improves billing capabilities. We are able to use across multiple service lines benefit us greatly.

Cons

Limited business intelligence capabilities - hoping newer versions will include more BI/Analytics. Overall, we are happy with the software and the support we get from our rep and from KCare leadership