Browse Komodo IDE Reviews

Mario from SDCCD

Awesome for all types of work

This IDE can handle all of my workflow in one simple program, I don't need to open 10 different programs to do my daily task

Pros

I can program all day with the Komodo IDE since it supports all of the languages that I need from a daily basis. Its also really simple to switch from java to html and CSS . I love the speed that this IDE has to offer and yet it is so simple keep up the good work

Cons

Add a more in depth tutorial for people who want to have different shortcuts

ActiveState Komodo IDE Review

Excellent! I cannot fault this software and have used it for many years now as my primary code editor for web development.

Pros

The software is easy to install. The installation process is the same as any other piece of software. The editor has a number of advanced code editing features that are essential for web development. Komodo IDE allows you to use multiple tabs with different coding languages on each tab. This is great for multitasking. Tabs can be bookmarked and will reopen from a previously closed sessions. The find and replace capabilty is a life saver! You can search through an individual file or many different files for specific segments of code. All of this comes FREE!

Cons

There are so many powerful features within Komdo IDE that can make the software a little more demanding on my desktop system than other code editors.

Reasons for Switching to Komodo IDE

Switching from Dreamweaver to Komodo IDE was a decision based on self improvement as a developer. Dropping Dreamweaver's WYSIWYG features to write more efficient code and gain a better understanding of web development as a whole.

Solid choice for an IDE

Komodo has been part of my programming work for many years. It's a great tool that keeps getting better.

Pros

I've used a lot of IDEs over the years and this is one of my favorites. It works well, has support (syntax highlighting, etc) for every language I've used it for, and has worked well on every time of machine and OS. The interface is clean and minimalist yet has lots of options for customization. Once I got it set up for my work flow, it has been a real time saver. There is also a free "edit" version for home use or special projects. They regularly push out new versions.

Cons

The top menu is so small and compact it can be hard to pick what you are looking for. It could be more efficient. While I like that remote editing (via FTP) is available, servers seem to work one day and not the next. It may have a bit of a learning curve for a beginner.

jody from freelancer only

overall review

Pros

this software I quite like the features offered

Cons

I really like this software, the installation is very easy

Reasons for Switching to Komodo IDE

because sublime text is more convenient to use

Andy from Kforce Inc

It is very fast and with all the necessary tools to develop efficient applications

The environment offered by this product is very good which allows to create applications of good quality, is fully integrated, also supports several programming languages that allow us to have everything in one place, avoiding using different editors for each case, in other words improves the productivity significantly.

Pros

One of the advantages is that it is a multi-platform which can be worked on Linux, Mac or Windows, which greatly facilitates the access and implementation of the product. It is also a free code product since it is offered with the same license as the Firefox browser. and if the editing aspects are very good and consistent during its use offering the greatest comfort, a friendly environment and no doubt some is at the height of the best programming editors.

Cons

It does not have a debugger so you can not observe what happens with the program when it is executed, besides the cost of the license is somewhat high, which lowers the profitability for some organizations and users.

Hanna from IT

My current favorite IDE

The main benefit of using komodo ide is that it comes with many handy features and suggestions.Its easy to use.

Pros

The files can be selected from the side menu instead of using open feature in file menu and it provides the best suggestions of functions available along with its syntax.

Cons

The only thing that I don't like about Komodo IDE is that it takes some time on startup.

Bankole from Dream Accoucheuse Publishers

Komodo IDE review

Web Development

Pros

I get the results of every code that I type without waiting for debugging. Also it contains almost a programming language.

Cons

The navigation tabs and buttons are too much and could be confusing especially for newbie.

Giuseppe from Neomedia s.r.l. Italia

Industry: Executive Office

from a PHP developer

Pros

Easy to use. I like the FTP and SFTP support, Is is possible to edit the scripts hosted on the server.

Cons

I had some problem on one windows 10 machine, but I solved it with a workaround

Guy from GG Fit Ltd

Simple HTML editor

Writing basic html web pages and newsletters for clients and our own business

Pros

straightforward editor for webpages, html newsletters, etc. free to use, and basic functionality, which is all I need

Cons

No complaints so far, it's basic, and I'm sure there's lots of features I don't use, but it does enough for me

Coffee Cup no longer free

Very easy interface

Pros

I love how easy it is to navigate this software. Every function is at your fingertips.

Cons

Some of the functions are not labeled. So it takes a little time to figure out what is what

Amy from Richardson GMP

Great for coding

Pros

This IDE supports a lot of languages and will support all the popular ones. I got this IDE because when I was learning python the tutorial I'm following uses this IDE. There are many customization features in this that let's me read my code much easier than just using a plain editor.

Cons

Not much complaints about this except it could be bit overwhelming for beginners such as myself. There are some options that you might need to fix from the default before you start coding or you might encounter some problems later on. All of this might seem easy for those who code regularly but for those who don't might be quite confusing(especially from coding on plain text) .

Michael from Rochester Institute of Technology

Best that I have used

Pros

I used to be a big fan of notepad++, but I have grown to like Komodo better. It has a clean user interface and good out-of-the-box support for Python.

Cons

I have found that it can lag sometimes. This usual happens when I am trying to tab complete something in Python that has many possible results.