Browse PhpStorm Reviews

Irfan from DatumSquare IT Services

Absolutely Wonderful Solution for PHP Development

As a PHP Developer I thank JetBrains for this wonderful product because It is a complete PHP IDE where I can develop, deploy, debug and even remotely debug. Great overall experience

Pros

- A complete PHP development IDE with all the modern features an IDE must possess like Version control, Database access, Debugging are so good to have feature for PHP Development environment - Built with powerful features of IntelliSense which makes PHP Coding really great as well - Support for a number of themes and add-ons is great so developer can customize according to their own needs - SSH and terminal support is out of the box you don't need to switch to other terminal apps during your development like for using git commands in terminal or accessing SSH. - Support for saving files as templates is just awesome. Plus its coding suggestions to improve as per chosen coding standards and templates is great. - A large number of built-in keyboard shortcuts plus feature of adding custom short cuts is great - It has add-ons to support different PHP Frameworks. Which is great - Being a PHP Developer myself there are so many things to appreciate PHPStorm that I can even write a book about it

Cons

- With a lot of good features there are some issues as well like it gets a bit slow while loading huge projects. That's because it indexes all files for faster search but sometimes if system is low on memory that can be very painful because it can get really slower - Some configurations like debugging configurations can be a bit more difficult for new users sometimes they might need to go through a lot of research to set up development environment with all features - It is not free or a bit expensive as compared to some other options available

Reasons for Choosing PhpStorm

That's because of its full features

Reasons for Switching to PhpStorm

NetBeans is good too but if you compare NetBeans with PHP Storm I would suggest to try PHP Storm and you will become its fans too and that's because of its extensive features.

Kennedy from Compwhiz Technology Solutions

PhpStorm - The best PHP IDE

We use Phpstorm to code our web applications and it has drastically reduced the time our developers are building web applications and there are fewer programming errors thanks to phpstorm.

Pros

The syntax highlighting is very good for PHP, HTML and Javascript. The User Interface is friendly and easy use. Keyboard shortcuts are available that speed up development. Phpstorm supports version control which makes going back to commits easy. Further, you can deploy your application to your server right from Phpstorm and integrates well with third party plugins such as Laravel IDE helper and there arelots of plugins from the official plugins repository that can be accessed from the IDE itself. There is also a student pack that gives free licences for a year to students to help them taste the full power of PHPstorm.

Cons

The price is the only thing that I dont like about PHPstorm.

Reasons for Choosing PhpStorm

Its elegance and features. Its also a mature IDE that has been in the market for long

Benjamin from Williams' Web Works

PhpStorm - Fantastic for Editing PHP Code

Overall I have been very happy with PhpStorm. I can certainly see if continuing to be a staple product for me in my career, and I definitely recommend it to others as well! In my experience, JetBrains delivers a fantastic product, and PhpStorm is no exception! WELL DONE!

Pros

The code completion features of PhpStorm are probably my favorite part. As the first IDE I ever used (and while first getting my feet wet with PHP) the code completion was very helpful to see what options I had to pick from.

Cons

I first started using PhpStorm when I was first getting into programming and learning to code. I felt it could have been a little more intuitive or user friendly. However, programming doesn't exactly have the lowest barrier to entry, so in hindsight I guess that would be expected?

Reasons for Choosing PhpStorm

I have also used Visual Studio Code, but PhpStorm was the first editor I used with PHP. For that reason I probably have a little emotional bias towards it and a little more familiar. It is definitely my "go-to"!

Ben from William James Development

Feature Rich Code IDE

If you are a professional developer and need a quality tool for your work, PHPStorm is worth the money. But be prepared to put in the time to learn the IDE

Pros

The amount of work that you can get done without leaving the editor is fantastic. From sshing into your server, version control, database and testing. Great number of plugins for most frameworks and testing tools.

Cons

The price is becoming a bit of an issue for me. With that being said, it does make your development process so much easier. Memory usage is quite high too and sometimes I find myself using a more lightweight editor such as vscode or sublime.

Jérémie from Self-employed

The time saved is clearly worth the price of PHPStorm

Pros

I was very sceptical that paying for a tool would really change anything. I tried the free trial for 30 days, and I didn't hesitate. I even bought other software from the company because there is a real monitoring of the tool, the possibility to continue using the software via their fallback license system and a real monitoring of the trends in terms of Framework. These are all points that have made my daily life easier in my work. I have gained in productivity; but it is above all the gain in work comfort that I appreciate. Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Cons

The most negative point for me is the memory consumption. Combined with a Docker, 8GB of RAM quickly becomes saturated. A little effort on this side and it's perfect.

Anoop from Forschungszentrum Jülich

Industry: Research

All in 1 PHP development kit

PhpStorm has save me lot of time setting up multiple softwares for work and run in almost no time and I have not faced any issue with it so far.

Pros

All features packed in one software including git, debugger and docker support makes it extremely easy to use and supports a lot for faster development. Availability of different skins and plugins and colour combinations (including High contrast Dark mode) makes it look prettier as well.

Cons

Lack of shortcuts for features like git pull or muting breakpoints. It lacks a simple interface to assign custom shortcuts.

Reasons for Choosing PhpStorm

Features and concentrating only on PHP with up-to date packages.

Reasons for Switching to PhpStorm

Lack of features and compatibility. Bugs on each update.

Gabriel from NetRom

Expensive but extremely helpful

Having had previous experience with JetBrains IDEs in the past ( PyCharm, IntelliJ) I knew what to expect of it, and wasn't disappointed. It performs extremely well, it integrates with pretty much all the frameworks we needed here (laravel, lighthouse, graphql, docker, etc). Note that the licensing is subscription based (at the moment we started, it was about 9$/month/devel, which scales up pretty fast for large teams

Pros

- as with all JetBrains products, you get a nice, clean and extremely powerful interface - again, as with other JetBrains products it has a huge plugin base for all kinds of frameworks, formats and so on. - regularly updated - with the exception of the project loading part, it's extremely fast

Cons

- kind-of pricey, at least when compared with other tools

Reasons for Choosing PhpStorm

Everyone on team was familiar with other JetBrains products & all the other had one or more downsides.

Miroslav from Inphinity s.r.o.

Is it needed when there is free VS Code ?

I started using PHPStorm 2 months ago and as a student I have a full license from the university for free. Overall, the application looks as compact as any other development environment from IntelliJ. If you have used VS Code before, you will be able to orient yourself in PHPStorm within a few minutes. However, I still think it does not offer such an advantage over VS Code, which is free.

Pros

It's a great software for programming in php. You can very easily connect to a remote server and edit files immediately. You can also connect to your database (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Apache ...) and display tables directly in PHPStorm. If you want to program mainly in php then PHPStorm is definitely the best software for it. If your priority is not PHP and you will also program in another language (HTML, JS, Angular ...) then a free VS Code will suffice.

Cons

I didn't find anything to bother me. A few times it disconnected me from the SQL database, but it was probably caused only by the failure of the Internet connection.

Reasons for Switching to PhpStorm

PHPStorm recommended us a lecturer on the subject of web technology - focused on php.

Samuel from Migros-Genossenschaft-Bund

The best PHP IDE

I've used many PHP IDE's out there, and this one is definitely the best.

Pros

With it's neat user interface, great code completion features and very useful debugging tools it offers all a developer needs, is continually developed and kept up-to-date and makes coding fun.

Cons

Only the pricing, but a great product obviously needs to have it's price.

Taieb from e-tasks

c'est le meilleur IDE

Pros

J'ai utiliser plusieurs IDE tous au long de ma carier et PHP Storm est le meilleur. il est très facile et complet je suis très satisfait

Cons

peux être s'il en a pas une extension pour déployer directement les fichier sur un serveur distant mais peux être que cela existe , ou modifier depuis le serveur distant via FTP

One of the best PHP IDEs out there

I absolutely love PHPStorm, I've been using it for a while now and I don't myself changing everyday. Initially I wanted to use it for the code completion in large projects but as I used it I realized it was great for productivity. Now it's not even a question that it our IDE of choice, I have so many good things to say about it, it's just amazing!

Pros

I can do lots of things without even leaving the IDE, database, ssh, deployment, command line, git, testing, it is just packed with a lot of features The IDE's code completion is just so intelligent even when when dealing with projects with a certain level of abstraction. The code refactoring is also great as it makes it easy to changes lots of changes in one go. It has an option to use multiple cursors which is great for copying multiple statements at once or making multiple changes in one go. If you use other JetBrains products it's not even hard to learn. It has great support for Javascript platforms as well, such as node Every updates always has something to look forward to, I like the new user interface to design it somewhat reduced space wasted, the new look is much neater

Cons

I feel like it uses a lot of memory and for me it takes a bit of time to open up which means I have to factor opening it into my time. I also feel like having an HTML preview without having to leave the IDE would definitely be great but I guess there may be some plugin to do that.

Reasons for Switching to PhpStorm

Dreamweaver didn't seem to do it on for large complex php projects by then. I don't know if it improved. It was great for designing UI so initially I used to switch between the 2 but eventually PHPStorm became the only tool.

Szabolcs from RedRockTech

Once you get used to it, you'll never leave it

We love working in PHPStorm, we like it's layout, the plugins, VCS integration, stability, responsiveness etc.

Pros

I liked the most the fluidness of it's usage. No hick-ups, no long indexing processes, fast auto-completion, quick search, useful refactoring wizards... If man uses other JetBrains IDEs, too, like Android Studio for example, then the convenience to have the same interface (UI, debugger, database browser etc.) and especially hotkeys is very pleasant.

Cons

Color scheme is different from other editors, this took a bit time to get used to (1 week at most) but really can't tell any bad things about it.

Reasons for Switching to PhpStorm

Netbeans (pre Apache) lacks support for newer PHP versions, and the new Apache version is still buggy.

Caleb from Transparent BPO

PhpStorm - Leading PHP IDE

It has been my pleasure to be working with this one of a kind IDE. You could spend you lifetime learning and using all its magnificent and glorious set of tools and extended features. This is my main go to IDE for all the coding that I do one a daily basis and have no intentions of ever trading.

Pros

PhpStorm is a super smart PHP IDE and one of the best to my knowledge on the market. It has some of the most used features you love including but not limited to code completion to help speed up the work flow, parameter hints to help remind you of the order of parameters, Inspection, keyword completion, a fully fledged HTTP client built into the IDE, code refactor in the case you forgot to indent etc., a database browser for editing and execution along with a database terminal and also, the famous version control which is built-in, reducing the need to leave the IDE which coding. PhpStorm also has completions, inspections and intentions built in for CSS, JavaScript and HTML and many more front-end technologies along with refactorings, unit testing and debugging . In additions to the may awesome, time saving and productive features and tools, PhpStorm has support for many major frameworks including Laravel, Joomla, cakePHP, Symfony and more. How cool is that!

Cons

With so many awesome features and tools available in this IDE, I have no dislikes at this moment.

Jerric from ClickSend

Best IDE for software development for PHP

All in all the pros out weight the cons by a mile, it's a great tool specifically for software development it got all that you'll need for php and much more. And once I've got my hands on this software, I've finally stop from jumping to one IDE to another.

Pros

* Cross-platform * Supports javascript and js frameworks as well ie: VueJS, NodeJS * Ease of use * It comes ready to use right out the box * Feature rich with terminal command line, mysql and git integrations ready (you'll love the git one) * Tons of plugins that will make your development experience a lot easier and faster * Easy integration with PHP frameworks and tools such as Symfony, Laravel and PHPunit

Cons

* Eats quite a hefty amount of RAM, if you have a below average setup you'll have a hard time running this IDE along with other tools such as MySQL Workbench * Since it's a bit RAM hungry it also affects it's speed when in peak operation, it's not particularly slow, but you'll also have to use a relatively optimum hardware to experience a optimum/fast performance out of it.

Marko from VIAR Inc.

Resource heavy but worth it

The overall experience is positive and I would recommend the software. It makes my days programming easier.

Pros

Everything you need for web development, code completion is very good, he plugin system allows to expand the product with additional features that are community driven, but very welcome, to make the product fuller.

Cons

The product is quite resource heavy with all the additional indexing and code completion features. Be prepared to allocate quite a bit of ram to it.

Reasons for Switching to PhpStorm

Features and readiness of the product

Gareth from IO

I live by this

The sort of development work that I do, I couldn't live without PHPStorm. It's worth every cent. My working life would be somewhat miserable without it.

Pros

This is in all likelihood the best PHP IDE out there. I have tried many other IDE's and editors but no matter how I personalise and tweak them, they don't come close to the functionality provided by PHPStorm. The plugin system caters for most of your typical use cases and you can even add functionality for other languages or framework support. The tips/hints/suggestions that the IDE provides also helps to guide you to cleaner code. If your day job involves PHP then you need to make this IDE your daily driver.

Cons

Being a Java based product it doesn't feel as snappy as what a native macos application feels. There are times where small changes would result in full project indexing which could be annoying at times but it's not train smash. There's not a lot of negative things to say regarding PHPStorm.

Wilco from Code Blauw

Industry: Program Development

The best software to manage PHP projects

Pros

PhpStorm comes with a lot of built in features. It is easy to get started but you can also do some really advanced things if necessary. The autocompletion is really fast and good. The inline documentation lookup is very useful and makes programming a lot faster if you forgot what a method does exactly or how it should be used. It is also very accurate at giving type errors when needed, which is quite difficult with PHP since it is dynamically typed. It can also handle very large projects without becoming unresponsive or slow, even with searching through files.

Cons

Sometimes PhpStorm interprets a variable as having a different type than it actually has when there are two classes in the project with the same name. Autocompletion of object functions only works when PhpStorm knows exactly the type of the variable. Sometimes it can be hard to find certain settings/options because of the large number of customizable settings.

Reasons for Switching to PhpStorm

More features that make programming easier and faster. The program itself is also faster.

Tigran from Information Technology and Services

PhpStorm for proffesionals

Overall this soft is best for continious development, and best one that have all in one tools.

Pros

I like tools inside this software, it's designed for professionals. It has a bunch of integrations for everyday development and has very useful tools, to do you everyday work all in one.

Cons

Compared to others ones e.x VSCode it works slowly, it does not have code preview section like Sublime and Vscode does, and I can't use as regular fast editor.

ramon from go developer

Powerful code editor

Daily use for php code editing (html and Javascript inside it) can be used with frameworks or pure. I like the functions and integrations with git and code generators like gets and sets

Pros

At first you may be scared by so many tools, but with the use you start to enjoy so many features that it offers you. In addition to autocomplete, code generators, hyperlink between functions, it also has amazing integration with git, you can commit, pull and push by the editor itself, as well as being able to resolve conflicts.

Cons

The price can be a disadvantage, they offer the free version for students, and I think it takes too long to open the program, I usually don't close to avoid this delay to open the first time.

Reasons for Switching to PhpStorm

The netbeans interface is not friendly, and there are few frameworks plugins

Anton from Self-employed

Great IDE for WEB development

Tried this IDE when it was like 0.8 or 0.9 version and absolutely loved it. Use it everyday for develompent. It has all the functions I need, works with database, vcs, ftp, testing tools and allows to make http requests right from IDE. Currently I don't need any other tool for my work.

Pros

Lots of useful and handy features, regular updates, stability, plugins and built-in functonality.

Cons

Java-based, so can be slow in some situations

Reasons for Switching to PhpStorm

Just tried phpStorm and loved it

Robert from Black Friday Recordings LLC

Industry: Music

For An Occasional Coder, It Makes It Much Easier

PhpStorm makes the process a lot easier for an occasional coder. The GUI and the workflow help me get in and out faster. It commands a slightly higher price because of this, but so far I've been finding that to be a fair trade off. As I am customizing/maintaining modules for some of my other business software with it, it is definitely worth having around.

Pros

The Customer Support team is excellent, and the GUI, layout, and general workflow, while not revolutionary, feel particularly elegant compared to the competition. For a little background, I do some coding occasionally when I need to customize other software that I use. Though the items I listed are mainly cosmetic, workflow related, or have to do with the upkeep of the software, they can make a big difference when I'm only spending a little time in the program here and there.

Cons

It is not the most affordable option last time I checked. I considered a few alternatives and made my judgement based on the UI and workflow, but it might be worth shopping around as this program does seem to carry a premium price for what it does. Aside from that, there are a few quirks with the refactoring system and docking system at times, but it's probably something a more experienced user wouldn't mind.

Ramindu from Virtusa Corporation

Makes your life as a PHP developer much easier

I have used PhpStorm for well over 10 years to develop PHP as well as JavaScript applications. It has never disappointed me on any front.

Pros

PhpStorm is one of the best tools out there for a PHP developer to use. It provides support for a great deal of PHP frameworks straight out of the box, with the option of expanding greatly with plugin support. What I love the most about it is its extensive support for different testing frameworks and its capability of running them within the IDE itself. For example, I was amazed to find how extensively PhpStorm supports Behat testing with Gherkin and Cucumber. The ability to install plugins also enables you to support development for many JavaScript frameworks as well.

Cons

The price point is the main issue with PhpStorm, with there being no community edition available.

Permana from Bullseye

Standard IDE for PHP development

This software was able to improve productivity. There are warning if you're using deprecated code, and we can avoid using it because of this warning.

Pros

Have support for Drupal 8 , Symfony framework, and general modern PHP development like composer, vagrant, docker. Run exactly like Apache NetBeans but with more features.

Cons

Consume a lot of memory, but I think it is acceptable considering this is an IDE. Also a little bit complex for first time user.

Reasons for Switching to PhpStorm

This software offers more feature

Julián from Researchpool

A powerful and extensible IDE for PHP and also Javascript and web

PHPStorm became my preferred IDE for PHP because you can handle everything in one place: I developed simple webpages and also microservice-architectured applications. With the extensions you can add more functionality, like highlight logs, open specific type files, and also fully integrate with your preferred framework, like Symfony and Laravel.

Pros

It has two powerful integrations: you can debug directly with Xdebug and also you can read directly the profiling reports made with this tool. It has also a databse view using the DataGrip core, so you can control all your applications and development phases inside this software.

Cons

As this software has many options in its settings, it may be overwhelming to configure. Some functionalities like Vagrant connections and custom tasks require of advanced knowledge, so the software may be used in a wrong way. It consumes a lot of resources, and it leads to require high amount of RAM and an SSD disk at least.

My favorite IDE of all time

Pros

JetBrains products are amazing, and this is the best php IDE out there. It has so many smart features and it is also able to be highly customized to the specific needs and style of the programmer. Makes my life SO much easier. JetBrains also makes it managable to learn the wide breadth of functionalities the software has to offer: from a "tip of the day" popup to slowly introduce you to new features, to the extensive documentation and video tutorials they offer on their website.

Cons

The only drawback about this software is the price. I got hooked on JetBrains products when I was in college and has a free student license. Out of college I am paying quite a lot as an individual user.

Raul from Flawlss

My bread and butter

Essential on my day, i spend a lot of hours in front of the screens, i really needed a good product to work with.

Pros

Incredibly useful for me as a full stack developer that works on both front and backend with an stack like VueJS and Laravel.

Cons

It is pricy but it is worth the money, it is so complete and it is being maintained by a top tier team to make sure the product is on point.

Ravindu from EdhiryaIT Pvt Ltd

Phpstorm the best for PHP

I used code igniter and laravel frameworks with this software and its easy to use, show suggestions, easy to use. have built in terminal make it easy and saves time. supports git for very easy to commit and push.

Pros

Fluctuating and Perforce source-control backing is recognizably better. Local history which gives control source like GIT, it record history on documents that aren't in source control. Code refactoring is easy and reliable and increasingly clever comprehension of code setting. Good customer service. Cross platform Support. Built in terminal saves time.

Cons

Licence cost is high for some users. Not very light weight. Lacks in support for some new languages PreCSS etc.

Prince from PythonStacks

Best Commercial IDE for PHP Programming.

Structuring PHP projects has been a lot easier with PhpStorm. At my business, we have been able to easily integrate databases such as MYSQL with our PHP Web projects.

Pros

Though PhpStorm is a PHP IDE, it comes with all the necessary frontend technologies such HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Typescript and many others. Secondly, the editor provides the best features for supporting and enhancing all the PHP language features and and various php frameworks like symfony and largely. Moreover, it is built by JetBrains : ) .

Cons

It uses a lot of computer memory and its debugging tool needs to be improved. Apart from that, it is the best PHP IDE for commercial use.

Divya from rx savings

Excellent IDE for Laravel development

Overall a positive experience with the IDE. Definitely a big step up from Eclipse.

Pros

I recently started development in Laravel after a few years of development in Java, so the transition from intellij Idea to phpstorm was fairly smooth. The interface is very similar to Intellij with great plugin support. The Git plugin in particular is very helpful and removes the need for any other git UI client, giving me an all in one solution for development.

Cons

I have noticed at times a significant spike in memory usage, especially when I have multiple windows open. Other than that I have not faced any signifcant issues using the IDE.

Best PHP IDE to use, Framework Compatible and Workflow Enhancer!

It helps us enhance our workflow by having one IDE from our favorite JetBrains IDE family, as well as easy tools such as debuggers, git, compiler, etc. Overall, it has saved us thousands in productivity.

Pros

It is great for productivity with its multiple tab support, as well as built in integration with Git repositories such as BitBucket and Github. It also helps us work with many well known PHP frameworks, which otherwise are not available on other IDEs.

Cons

I have very few complaints about this software. I would say maybe some more optimization on the software side, as it does take a lot of computing power on the computer and makes my machine a bit slower.

MUST HAVE for Developers

I will use this software for a long time, and I really like it. The free brother Sublime is really good, but you can't compare it to PhpStorm. The price is worth it!

Pros

PhpStorm, is not only about PHP. I program with the framework Laravel. And I use PHP, Javascript, html, Vue.js, Jquery etc. The BEAUTIFUL (really) thing is that even with the framework Laravel, PhpStorm helps you with the "Laravel" syntax. Also, i work with multiple remote servers for web develop, and PhpStorm does it beautifully. You can access via ssh (within the software) into the server (or virtual machine), and you can upload your code directly from phpstorm to the remote machine. I love it!

Cons

No cons, some bugs (likle the first time you search into the project pressing Shift two times, the search engine don't work, you have to close the search tab , and re-open it). Really, no cons at all, I've encountered only this bug, but I have no problems at all.

César José from Bufeo Tec

Why do I consider PHPStorm one of the best IDE for PHP?

Thanks to PhpStorm, my team can develop software in a faster and more efficient way. It sensationally facilitates integration with GitHub, and allows us to generate code using the best existing practices.

Pros

I love the way PHPStorm helps me a lot to optimize my code. Autocomplete works in an amazing way. In addition, it allows you to connect directly with the database you are using, making your work more efficient.

Cons

The only bad thing I could say about PHPStorm is RAM consumption. If we compare it for example with Sublime Text, the difference is enormous. But I think despite that, it's worth it

Muhammad Umair from SunzTech

PHP Storm User Friendly Review

Pros

1) Short Keys are very useful, you can easily find a function or object anywhere in the project just ctrl+right click and import any namespace just by using the sort key, and shows suggestion classes. 2) The best if you don't know about syntax it shows you in a suggestion.

Cons

1) the annoying thing is the yellow bars on the scroll side. Whenever you are going to click on a scroll and move it mostly clicked on the yellow bar and moves us to a specific point.it must be not there because of its collapse scroll and waring bars.

Guilherme Oliveira from Simetria Tecnologia

PhpStorm: awesome and beautiful IDE for web development

I started using phpStorm with my company's big project, and use it daily since mid-2018

Pros

PhpStorm provides every kind of resource that any web developer need: auto-completion, auto-ident, embed terminal, a lot of types of search, a lot of personable resources and a beautiful set of themes.

Cons

Very heavy and does not have a good support. For example, I can't use the database manager in PhpStorm since the beginning of the year, when a synchronization error started. And I still haven't solved it today.

Zlatko from GrabIT

Life saver for large abstract and interconnected projects

Best intellisense i have ever experienced, saved my life when i switched to large existing projects that were largely interconnected and used bunch of libraries.

Pros

Intellisense, code completion, formatting and refactoring are implemented as in no other IDE i have used before. Excellent code navigation and quality analysis. Fast and powerful search functionality. Version control - Git is also very nicely integrated, better than you will get in any other IDE. Also supports installation of lots of dedicated plugins. Dark themes also available :)

Cons

Its not as lightweight as other IDEs so it takes a bit more time to load and eats quite a bit of my ram memory. Also indexes the files quite often....

That Intellisense.

Mustafa from Information Technology and Services

Phpstrom ease the development process so much and bring best features

creating web application via php

Pros

easy to find the classes references and import them easily just one click

Cons

i would like to see open source extentions there

Gihan from Ceylon Tech Zone

Industry: Program Development

The best IDE for PHP & Web Development works

I use Phpstorm as my daily basis coding editor. I help me to complete my work quickly, and it easy to use. I highly recommended Phpstorm to Web Developers!

Pros

PhpStorm has professional Interface. I love dark skin theme. The autocomplete feature helpful for fast coding. Also, it supported with different kinds of files like HTML, CSS and JS. So it can use for all type of Web development work. Also, it has a terminal tool. So I don't need to open the terminal separately. It important when I work with Laravel.

Cons

There have no cons about the features and performance of this editor. Only thing is the price is a little bit high.

Sardar from eCommerceBros

PHP Strom

Overall it's a great tool to use for writing PHP scripts, as it provides IntelliSense, mapping of functions and classes, FTP connections, and git comparisons.

Pros

- Great Intellisense - Easy to move from one file to another by selecting a defined function/class - One-Click FTP connection feature is the one I liked the most about it. - Provides Git files comparison

Cons

- A little heavier than VS Code - Using the scroll is very messy as it moves you to the defined function

Marius-Iulian from Soft Dreams

This is the tool you need if you are a PHP developer (but not only)

Pros

Code completion is a really awesome feature that seems to be working great and using plugins (to add more frameworks and so on) makes your job really easy. git integration is flawless, you can easily commit and merge in case of conflicts. I honestly forgot how it`s like to write code without using PhpStorm.

Cons

The price is a bit high, I would love to see a "lighter" version of PhpStorm for a better price.

Best Laravel Companion

This is my go-to Development environment for anything PHP and laravel related. It's worth every penny and a Joy to develop with.

Pros

What would I do without PHPStorm? Nothing :). This is probably the best IDE I have used. Ease of use Easy to customize Once you are in the IDE you can do everything from inside it (Database, Terminal, name it)

Cons

PhpStorm makes use of a lot of computer resources which is understandable with the functionalities that come with it.

Maicol from maicol07

The best IDE I've been using for PHP

Simply the best PHP IDE I've ever tried. Very customizable and extendable

Pros

Semplicity; New major releases with new features 3/4 times at year with EAP (Early Access Program) builds to try out them before the stable release; A lot of plugins from the community marketplace to extend features and tweak the IDE UI

Cons

A bit larger in terms of size (around 1,25 GB) and consumes a high amount of RAM (around 2 GB)

Michele from SWAN Di Michele Settembre

A great software, a great experience

I use the software every day for several hours. It is absolutely the best experience I've ever had with a platform to develop the web!

Pros

PhpStorm is a stable and full of feature software. Perfect to be the unique software you use to develop the wab cross-language

Cons

I noticed some bugs about the AngularJS integration in a php file that includes HTML and I highlighted them but they haven't been fixed yet and the support team stopped to answer me

Best PHP IDE hands down

Just an awesome tool. Can't imagine working on mid-sized or large projects without it.

Pros

It's fast, it has tons of tools, debugging, built in language standards, works well with JS too. All-in-one, no need for extra tools for your everyday PHP work.

Cons

I've been using PhpStorm for about 10 years, and sometimes with new updates they may change some behaviour of the software which takes time to get used to, but overall no complaints.

Sonu from Bigtricks.in

Best Php ide in the market

Overall I used it and I liked It and I made it My First & only choice because of its support and features. I must say you will love it when you will use it

Pros

PhpStorm From Jetbrains Is the Only best tool for PHP Development. I have tried other ides but No one can even close to Phpstorm its Pros are Variable Syncing Project Scope Quick Suggestions

Cons

Sometimes It slow down my System and I totally understand it's due to reading all the project files of the project but team Phpstorm can make it quicker like VS Code it's faster in case of JS so I think Php storm can be

The Support of Code and Features

Ales from Computer software

Review PhpStorm

Web development got really easier - with debugger, codesniffer and tools like that I increased my productivity.

Pros

Best tool if you're php developer, fast, tons of other integrated tools - you don't need any other software. REST API testing, version control (GIT), history etc...

Cons

It takes a while to find out where is every tool because there's a LOT of them.

Shaine from realm digital

PHP IDE done right

Excellent for the whole team. Coding standards enforced and makes onboarding new developers a breeze due to general familiarity

Pros

Code completion!! Jetbrains code completion is 1st class. Amazing full-stack integration, from HTML & CSS to DB queries

Cons

Really nothing to complain about. Every feature that our developers need to perform their job at a high level is included

Miguel from Cryanet

Industry: Computer Networking

The most powerful and feature rich IDE for php and javascript

Once the IDE loads it's very fast, and there's a lot of plugins for everything that I needed (push and pull thru ssh and FTP, integration with gitlab). I was very impressed by the autodetect system that spotted the configuration files and suggested the correct plugin for syntax highlight, not only for config files, but also for json and xml.

Pros

Great debug options Git integration Push to deploy Sync with server Code completion

Cons

The amount of features may be daunting for the beginner

Reasons for Switching to PhpStorm

Speed, stability, syntax highlight and overall power.

This is where I learnt how important an IDE is

l never really did hate PHP storm, when I first started writing server side code, I started with PHP and PHP storm is what allowed me to see how beneficial an IDE that comes with adequate plugins and add-ons that make your life easier enables you to work much more smarter.

Pros

Built-in developer tools Easy package imports Intellisence Folder structure navigation Free license to university or high school students Full-fledged IDE

Cons

The IDE only comes with a short trial, no community edition and the license is rather expensive

Reasons for Switching to PhpStorm

I don't write as much PHP code as I used to

Alam from FirstDesign Inc

Best PHP IDE on the market

With PhpStorm I've been able to have a great experience when it comes to programming. I've always had issues with other IDE's when it came to debugging and anything other than mediocre had to be installed separately as an Extension, that is not the case with PhpStorm, not to mention how fast and simple the coding navigation is.

Pros

What I liked most about this software is its intelligent coding assistance which has saved me hours of programming in the time I've been using it.

Cons

The least I like about this software is simply the size of the program, not too big of a deal but if there could be some sort of optimization/compression to make the file a bit less dense in size.

Incredible IDE That Really Helps You

PHPStorm is helping our team developer cleaner code at a faster pace.

Pros

PHPStorm has advanced hinting that helps you quickly identify issues and keep your code clean. There are so many helpful built-in features like the database connectivity, build process help and versioning. None of this is an afterthought.

Cons

So far I have liked most of the application and continue to find more to like all the time. My main issues so far have been needing to configure shortcuts that I have used for the last decade but this would be needed in any other software as well.

Reasons for Switching to PhpStorm

It was time to move to a now advanced IDE.