All Aha! Reviews

Alicia

Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Using Aha! for Project Management

Overall I am very satisfied with the product and customer service.

PROS

I like the flexibility to create and modify schedules and reports. I can create tasks for team members and Aha! sends them reminders (upcoming and past due). I manage business operations projects and this feature has been very helpful and has eliminated my having to chase down most tasks. I like the feature to create various reports with multiple slices of data/views for different purposes by just adding or removing filters vs. building something from scratch. Customer support is top notch. Someone always gets back to me within a couple of hours if not sooner whenever I reach out with questions or requesting help.

CONS

This software is complex, IMO not very intuitive and has a steep learning curve. There are tutorials that are very helpful and walk you through most everything you can think of, but it takes time to watch them and/or read. Once you get past the initial phase of learning the software and features you need, you will love it.

Reason for choosing Aha!

This was an enterprise tool previously selected by my company. I would have preferred a PPM tool, but at the moment we don't need such a robust tool for project/portfolio management, so Aha! just fits the bill, and now that I've learned it serves me beautifully. Plus we are also using it for product management and integrating it with Jira.

Brandon

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Aha! is an excellent product management system

A very user-friendly and straightforward interface. It's fantastic that a single platform can be used to oversee everything from product to service management to strategic planning to operational reporting.

PROS

A fantastic tool for project managers to use as a roadmap organizer. The ideas are fantastic, and the integration with Jira at the tactical level of engineering is functioning smoothly. Additional sophisticated features, such as various business modules, aid in the strategic direction of PM.

CONS

It's odd that there aren't any external roadmap samples or case studies available from the makers of one of the greatest roadmap products in the world to aid with the design of your personal external roadmap.

Reasons for switching to Aha!

When our product teams work together across departments and incorporate DevOps, we see great success. Goal-setting, feature-mapping, PI planning, and synchronization with DevOps comprise high-level product management.

Hi Brandon, Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review. It is wonderful to hear how Aha! is helping your organization achieve success across so many different teams and departments. I would encourage you to check out our guides which have great examples and best practices when it comes to roadmaps. Here is one you may find useful: https://www.aha.io/roadmapping/guide/product-roadmap/roadmap-examples. Otherwise our customer success team are all former product managers and would be happy to help! You can reach out to us at support@aha.io.

Replied September 2023

Vivek

Food Production, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Great tool for project management with a steep learning curve

After getting used to it gives you ton of features to create stunning visualizations and project tracking on a very nice way

PROS

Tons of features giving you the ability to follow up on biggest to most minute details of projects which makes it very malleable to various needs.

CONS

The learning curve is steep compared to You track. Schedules epics activities development tasks todos and several other features can be hard to distinguish and somewhat confusing.

Leadership decided

Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Works as expected

PROS

The layout of the sprint and features is really well done. I do enjoy the look of AHA vs other competitors that I have used. It’s really easy to use and the mobile app is a nice feature.

CONS

I really don’t care for the search functionality of AHA. I think that I don’t always find things in the way I search or use keywords. A keyword might be in a ticket but it isn’t always found.

Grace

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Aha is a great product management tool

Aha's ability to centrally manage many projects and provide seamless Jira integration save time by eliminating the need for developers to switch between applications. It's helpful for making a road map and organizing ideas visually for the company.

PROS

I like how simple it is to log requests for help and suggestions for new items. It's also great for working together on projects with other people in your team.

CONS

The biggest thing that bothers me with Aha is that there isn't a particularly helpful or user-friendly dashboard where you can see all of your open support issues and ideas at once.

Reasons for switching to Aha!

Aha's primary function is to centralize and disseminate product-related information and efforts. Because of this, I was able to quickly catch up on the state of development for the goods over which I had taken responsibility.

Hi Grace, Thank you for your positive feedback on Aha! We're pleased to hear that you find it simple for logging help requests and collaborating on projects. We appreciate your feedback on your dashboarding experience. I would encourage you to read through this robust support article to learn how you can build out this view (https://www.aha.io/support/roadmaps/strategic-roadmaps/analytics/dashboards). If you have specific suggestions or further feedback, feel free to share at https://big.ideas.aha.io/. Our product managers continuously review ideas when building out our product roadmap. As always, if you ever need any help at all, our Customer Success team are all former product managers and would love to answer any questions (support@aha.io) you may have.

Replied November 2023

Sherri

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2020

Aha is the only game in town

We tested and demo'd all of the top-rated pieces of software that call themselves Product Management Software. Nothing compares to Aha, in my opinion, it is the only software that offers all of the key features I need. There are definitely a few tweaks that could be made, but nothing else even comes close to this tool. I am very happy with it.

PROS

It is made by Product Managers for Product Managers It has features around the vision and strategy of the company There is clear separation between ideas and features There are Personas that can be attached to ideas and features There are goals and strategies There are areas to store your files You can create shareable presentations that update dynamically You can build wireframes within the tool You can house everything you need as a Product Manager is one locations The support is amazing Integrates with JIRA

CONS

I find it difficult to find what I am looking for in the knowledge base Some of the features are not very intuitive to use There are a few features I would like to see added

Reason for choosing Aha!

Because it was the only one that had all of the key features we were looking for.

JIRA does not provide the features needed for a Product Management Team

Geoff

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

A Great Tool to Drive Product Management with Coherent and Focused Product Strategy

We use Aha! to manage and optimize our product management for development of Enterprise software.

PROS

I first used Aha! four or five years ago - and it was good then, but has come a long way. I really like how Aha! brings together the why of product strategy with the how of product management. It enables our team to collaborate, stay informed, share, and stay on track in these areas in ways that are very difficult to do with JIRA alone, or some combination of product specifications and JIRA. It's intuitive and the support is very responsive, knowledgeable and friendly. There is a lot of customization possible, although I have not dipped into that much yet. But it is clear that as the size and scope of our development organization and product line grow that Aha! has everything needed to manage, prioritize & focus our efforts. Integration with Atlassian JIRA is also strong and a good option. We looked at only using Aha! - including for managing our development tickets & sprints - but that is not a fit at this point. Keeping the clutter & detail of all the workstream & ticket management for development separate is a better solution. I definitely recommend Aha as best in class for product management.

CONS

The one major improvement that I see is the need for some type of Knowledge Base / Documentation tool set similar to Confluence. Write now, I find that I have to keep meeting notes in separate documents, as these will tend to cover multiple tickets, and have other work to assign tasks and so on. With Confluence + JIRA, you can both document meetings and develop specifications in one place, and then link this to all of the tickets that are related.

Reason for choosing Aha!

Better combination of features and focus on specific needs of software product management.

Greg

Sports, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2022

So glad to have finally found and settled on Aha! Quite aptly named!

This is one of the slickest, most beautiful, well-thought-out, powerful, and extensible tools I've ever seen. It took a while to get all settled into exactly how it fits in with my needs, but the documentation AND customer support were second-to-none during the trial to help me get there. Once I did...wow, it's slick and powerful.

PROS

I loved so many things about Aha!, but probably the most important thing was my ability to manage and prioritize a LOT of my product's features that can also be tied to Epics, Storys, Initiatives, and Goals in a very slick and powerful interface.

CONS

The product becomes cost-prohibitive, especially for startups, if you wish to use the "Develop" side of the product as well as the "Roadmap" side. For some reason, you need to step up to an extremely expensive Enterprise version, which makes little sense as smaller companies would of course want to use sprint planning and many other critical lower-level engineering and development features. The trials only allow one or the other, not both (without a very confusing experience), which seems odd for the same reason.

Reason for choosing Aha!

Aha! has well-thought-out capabilities that blend strategy and roadmap planning with powerful feature management. I don't believe there is another product out there that comes close in this regard. And in such a gorgeous, flexible, and easy-to-use interface.

Hi Greg, Thank you for your positive review! It is great to hear how Aha! is helping your organization achieve success. Good news on the trial front — you can enable a trial of Aha! Develop within your Aha! Roadmaps account to experience both tools together. If you are interested, please don't hesitate to send us a note at support@aha.io. Our Customer Success team are all former product managers and would love to answer any questions.

Replied October 2022

Susu

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed January 2020

All around great tool for product strategy - the "why" behind the roadmap

I used Aha previously as well as just getting started with it at my current employer. After using Aha, you will never want to go back to the chaos of PowerPoint, Excel, MS Teams, Sharepoint, etc. I have had nothing but great experiences with the Aha team, both during the trial period and once we became a customer.

PROS

- Easy to use and learn - Excellent support team, knowledgeable and responsive (all former product managers!) - Several templates to choose from, or create your own - Well defined structure for strategy, vision, goals and initiatives - single source of truth for the Product team - Easy to share content with stakeholders - Highly configurable to our organizations terminology and product hierarchy

CONS

- The presentation capabilities are somewhat rudimentary (formatting, graphics) - Limited ability to support the Jobs-to-be-Done methodology (there are ways, but it's a bit of a square peg in a round hole) - Embedded tables aren't sortable so it's a bit like older versions of Confluence

Reason for choosing Aha!

Aha is more comprehensive, going beyond the roadmap and the "what" we are building to having dedicated space and structure for the "why" and "who" that drives the strategy. It's really product strategy + product development all in one. We weren't looking for an engineering tool like JIRA - we have that. We needed a place for business case development and strategic planning, sharing of real-time roadmaps, and a single source of truth for all things related to product strategy. The other tools seemed like targeted solutions to parts of product management rather than the entire discipline.

Robert

Capital Markets, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Aha! The best Product Management software.

The best !

PROS

Aha! is very easy to use product management software we love to use following software: - Product Roadmap - Idea generation - Sprint planning - Epics, feature and requirement descriptions

CONS

I think as a tool it solves a lot of issues but I could be more interactive like miro.

Aha have all aspects of Jira, Trello

Reasons for switching to Aha!

In Trello you we didn't have the - Product Roadmap, Idea generation, Sprint planning

Jeffrey

Industrial Automation, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2020

The standard for Product Management tools

I am now using Aha! in my 3rd company. One was enterprise SaaS focus, one was a 70 person team and now as a bootstrapped start-up. Each experience has been very positive. I've been able to accomplish what I need without a lot of fuss or distraction.

PROS

Aha! is a great canvas to organize your business, product and customer journey. You can take many of the miscellaneous thoughts you have rattling around in your head, and the many post-it notes you have scattered around your office and put them to use in an organized way. It is hard to emphasize the importance of seeing your ideas and tasks written down and prioritized. Aha! makes it easy to articulate your goals and initiatives in a way that is compelling. Then when feature requests come in (as they inevitably will) you have a canvas for deciding how a request compares against the priorities and compared to other requests. It helps you and your stakeholders come together, discuss and come to a consensus on 'what should we build next.' Another think that I love is the fact that Aha! team does not have a sales function. Instead the platform has invested in a top notch customer support team who will help you customize and build out your plans. They help with introductory, small and big projects.

CONS

Can't think of any specific shortcomings. The platform is very deep and customizable so it can grow with your team's needs.

Reason for choosing Aha!

Aha! is the most complete and functional tool for managing the business side of product. It is critical to get this part right before a team writes a single line of code. There are many good tools for managing code development and release pipelines, but that is a different set of utility. The good news is Aha! integrates with code management tools to keep /management/sales/marketing/product in-sync with development.

Joseph

Management Consulting, 1 employee

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed June 2020

Frequently Recommend to My Clients

I have recommended and will continue to recommend Aha! to my clients whenever they want to clearly see how their roadmap, initiatives, values, mission, personals, competitors, projects and releases are all interrelated and support (or don't support) the overall goals of the organization. It comes down to one word...CLARITY.

PROS

I am a management consultant. I work with small to medium-size businesses. Often these engagements involve helping leaders get their arms around a complex set of long-range forecasts roadmaps, projects, initiatives, strategic goals, products, services, and more. Aha! brings clarity to my clients like no other tool I have used. There are other tools that do this or that but nothing is as easy to use and drives clarity for leadership in an organization. I love the ability to create a live web page that shows changes and updates to the roadmaps and other documentation in real-time. The time savings alone in not having to create a new slide deck for the executives is a sheer delight to my clients.

CONS

If you are looking for something to manage the details of your project, I would not use Aha! It just isn't made for that. I always set Aha! on top of a project or product management system; jira or smartsheet. Getting your head wrapped around the hierarchy of Aha! can be a learning curve but once you get that down it makes sense and works great.

Reason for choosing Aha!

That's simple, Clarity. Aha! beats everyone hands down for creating clarity at an executive level.

Rudra

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Excellent Roadmap & Idea Management Package

Centralized auditability for investment, traceability from idea to release, centralized communication to internal teams, feedback from customers, structured rankings - list goes on. We originally used Doors, which is an extremely good (but rigid) requirements management platform. Aha! works better with our shift in development practices, and in tandem with JIRA, while adding a lot of capability that wasn't present before (outside of scattered presentations and spreadsheets).

PROS

Philosophically, the software gently pushes you to validate decisions that are key to product management - why are you building this, who is it for, how is it helping you achieve strategic and tactical goals? With that in mind, it sets up the team to be critical in their choices, extremely important in the current market. You're not forced to use these features, but it helps with both top-down alignment and bottom-up justifications for expenditure. From a feature perspective, the JIRA and Confluence integration work well for our purposes, the cascading templates help us ensure consistency in communication with Engineering across the product lines, an the Ideas portal is a great addition for internal and external feedback.

CONS

Additional data types for the extensible entities would be nice - lists of custom entities for one.

Reason for choosing Aha!

Functionality - the blend of features jives really well with how we view product management and product investment, which starts well before the first requirement is written. Incorporating this into a cohesive package at a reasonable price point, and providing rapid responses to queries was key.

Matt

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Excellent product management system with excellent customer support

It has been a pleasure to work in Aha! and see all that it has to offer. The response time and the quality of responses/follow up has been second to none.

PROS

I like how easy this product is to use and all the features it has to offer. It's easy to setup and configure to meet most of the needs of my team. We are operating within the Scrum Framework and this tool is being used by all Scrum teams in the Agile Release Train (ART). We have been pleased with the analytics functionality to report out how we're doing as an ART.

CONS

There isn't functionality specific to Scrum teams. It would be great to have a 'Sprint report' auto generated so that we can easily see what was done, what was not done during a Sprint, burndown report and other key metrics reported for our Sprint Reviews. Right now, we piece all of this together.

Reason for choosing Aha!

Have close connection/alignment of dev work to the product strategy.

Reasons for switching to Aha!

The strategic product roadmapping functionality and having all the dev team's work connected to the product vision and strategy.

Nicole

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Aha support and documentation second to none. All the features you need.

A very positive experience that allows us to map strategic goals to the work done. It provides tools such as scorecards, custom fields and calculations that allow managers to assess the work on an even playing field, and set a roadmap that can be tracked with achievements building to the end goal.

PROS

Easy to integrate with development software and link to that work to the strategic goals and initiatives to make sure we build the right things the right way, in the right order for the right reasons. Achievements build and are tracked overtime to show the ROI quickly and easily.

CONS

The price per user prohibits it from becoming the main tool used by all staff. It requires project tracking to be done in the development tool to minimise project costs overall.

Reason for choosing Aha!

Ease of setup even with flexible configuration, plus it's simple integration into the development tools.

Mike

Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Couldn't live without this product

I love this product, it has been great to use, and the customer support is outstanding and always able to help me solve my issues.

PROS

The ease of use is awesome, and bringing new users onboard is simple and quick. The integration to JIRA, and SSO, makes my administration and use simple and straightforward. It allows me as a product manager to manager the roadmap, and dev to concentrate on their JIRA environment which they are comfortable in.

CONS

The presentation module could use some more customizations, and tools, it is OK, but I end up creating PDF's and moving them to powerpoint.

Reason for choosing Aha!

I was familiar with it, and the price is fair.

Dan

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Best customer service and support

Our organization continues to expand the use of Aha. From Feature management, have also expanded to Idea Management, and are now taking on a more strategic use of goals, initiatives, and the like.

PROS

While the product is very good, Aha's customer service and support is far and away the best I have ever encountered, not only from software providers but pretty must across all walks of life. So responsive, so informative with the responses, and if anything needs some additional work, they are quick to schedule a timely call to work through solutions to satisfaction.

CONS

Navigation can leave a little to be desired. can be very confusing if not in it every day

Road map reporting, integration with Jira, Ideas management