All Asana Reviews

Reviewed December 2023

Asana Review: One Project Manager to Rule All

Chasity

Asana Saves the Day

I love Asana and it helps keep me accountable to my clients. I can do all I need to manage my projects in Asana. I love the board look for my project boards. It's also easy to integrate with slack, google forms etc.

PROS

Asana is easy to use and get started. I love that you have an option of how you view the projects. Asana is good for projects both big and small. Another pro is the status change for projects. it allow you to update the status while prompting you to give a report. The task are linked so you can easily move them to show completion or what's coming. I love that you can import from a spreadsheet and it will put the task for you.

CONS

I'd say the con is that some of my clients find it hard to use. I believe that once you've watched a tutorial or taken the tour it's easy to use.

Carolyne

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Simple but effective

Excellent experience with Asana, I was up and running quickly and delighted to learn more as I progressed.

PROS

Asana has a good clean interface with the ability for multiple projects and countless categories and sub categories. Working with teams is a breeze as they can be added, assigned tasks and monitored with ease. Customisation turns your work areas into logical systems for your business. I used Asana on multiple businesses, not just projects and it met my requirements every time.

CONS

Other apps have so many more features than Asana and that may be more appealing to you. I like to keep it simple and found myself constantly trying to keep up with what I could do, as opposed to what I should be doing with them. For that reason, I prefer Asana.

Reason for choosing Asana

I liked the interface and organisation of projects. Adding teams was uncomplicated. It suited not just me but my team members.

Reviewed April 2024

Too Basic to adapt to my industry

Asana is not my favorite task manager but it is the most universal software I have use. Ideally, I would like only one software to manage everything. I do see Asana growing and adding more to its features in the future. They have potential.

PROS

Asana can easily integrate to several different softwares. Its also highly customizable to meet anyone's task management needs.

CONS

Asana is very limited in its capabilities. In need to use a different software for secure file storage, and meeting scheduler. The AI features are still in the development stage I am hoping they can add more features in the future.

Tracy

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Awesome Project Management

A great project management system for anyone from entrepreneurs to large enterprises.

PROS

I love pretty much everything about Asana It's easy to create tasks, projects, and manage them together. From calendar management to bringing in resources, everything is really easy to use.

CONS

Honestly, there isn't really anything I dislike about Asana. I haven't had any issues with it at all.

Reasons for switching to Asana

Asana was a lot easier to use and customize for unique workflows

Keshia

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Gamechanger

My experience has been amazing- I love the software and how much it has helped me be organized.

PROS

I love the fact that I can use Asana for my personal and work tasks in addition to collaborating with my colleagues who are in other states. It's been a great tool to help us move projects forward together and know where projects are in an instant.

CONS

I thoroughly enjoy Asana and haven't found anything I don't like about it yet.

Reasons for switching to Asana

I wanted something that would allow me to share projects and tasks with my colleagues. Asana has both an mobile app and desktop which makes using it a breeze.

GEORGIOS FOIVOS

Reviewed February 2024

Great product - Ideal for intersectional teams

PROS

Easy to use and set up Intuitive to a a certain extend but very helpful documentation

CONS

Some features need an upgrade and not so much customisation available on forms

Reasons for switching to Asana

Pricing and features were needed that Trello didn't have

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2024

platform that improves my work performance

All my work performance improved and I have had a much better organized organization of each project for my peace of mind that I complete all my tasks within the correct delivery time.

PROS

Project delivery times have been much easier to meet since we worked with Asana, it has been a good tool to work as a team that is much more organized with each task assigned to each one, having responsibility for each task and improving performance. I can be in multiple projects and work on them at the same time and thus correct the changes that must be made with the constant monitoring that can be done.

CONS

Maybe I want them to improve customer service, it's not bad, it's just that they take a while to give answers.

Daniele

Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 employees

My Experience With Asana

PROS

The software has amazing workforce management and task management features. Handles project planning well too.

CONS

Not even a single problem while using Asana.

Reviewed April 2024

Integration and Analysis, rolled into one!

PROS

I appreciate the integration with slack and how it notifies me of assignments and tasks that need to be due. That, and data from task lists can be exported into microsoft excel, so one could run analysis on it.

CONS

The frequency at which I'm notified for tasks could be a bit higher.

Reviewed March 2024

Great team collaboration and task management

PROS

Asana's intuitive interface and seamless task management greatly streamline project workflows, enhancing productivity.

CONS

At times, Asana's plethora of features can be overwhelming for new users, requiring a steep learning curve.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2019

The most intuitive project management tool!

Overall Asana kept my team well-aligned with cross-functional teams in the department, and was crucial in meeting tight deadlines. Less time emailing = more time getting work done!

PROS

The interface is easy to navigate, and very intuitive. You can tag team members in comments, assign tasks, re-open tasks, share files and links for approvals. It's complex without ever looking or feeling complex, it just helps teams stay organized and on task. Not to mention it's easy to train new employees on since it's so intuitive! My favorite aspect of all though, is the customizable task lists. As a team leader, it was helpful to customize my lists to keep a pulse on all the projects in my team's queue. As a contributor, each of my team members could organize their action lists however they wanted–due date, priority, etc...

CONS

I wish that the project timeline setup was less manual. If one task's timeline went over, it was a bit manual to update the remaining timeline of all the other tasks in the project.

Reason for choosing Asana

My team didn't require the time-tracking and Slack / Invision integrations that some of the other more expensive project management systems offered. Asana covered all of our basic project management needs, had a clean interface, and was a very fair price!

Chase

Retail, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2020

A god-send for getting us organized

We have a lot of different marketing activations spread over various time periods and across multiple brands we own. Being able to organize all of this effectively and keep everyone on schedule has been a tremendous help and has saved us countless hours of time. We use this tool daily to keep everyone on track, and I couldn't be happier with the results.

PROS

Powerful tagging and search functions make it very simple to keep track of our myriad marketing activations and all their associated deliverables. Adding subtasks and including collaborators on tasks makes it very easy to keep track of who needs to do what and by when. Various views like lists, calendars, and kanban boards make it accessible to everyone on the team who thinks and processes information differently. The UX is clean and simple, and the 'my tasks' and 'inbox' features help us all keep track of what's happening in our assigned areas.

CONS

The only con I have is that there is somewhat of a steep learning curve for some of the more advanced features, and there's some serious thinking and heavy lifting required to get everything laid out and organized in the tool and then get everyone onboarded. However, I think this is likely going to be the case with any team adopting a project management tool.

Reason for choosing Asana

We chose Asana over the alternatives due to the breadth of features, comparative ease of use, and better pricing.

Reasons for switching to Asana

We switched from Airtable because it's project management features were not as robust as we needed.

Reviewed September 2020

Asana for Digital Agencies

I solved the workload of every member of my team and the priority of each task. I was able to have a clear and open vision of the situation with each client and deliver their requests on time. It was very helful to us.

PROS

I used Asana for 1-2 years while I was working on a Social Media Agency. It helped me a lot to organize my team. I was able to track all the tasks in their differents stages and also I could know the workload of every member of my team. Also I integrated Asana with my Gmail and created tasks from there, very easy and quickly.

CONS

When I started using Asana, I had trouble copying and pasting images directly from the email body. Then when they achieved integration with Gmail, this was resolved. Also, email notifications were quite annoying until I learned how to disable them. Maybe they could add a feature to only send email notifications for important tasks.

Reason for choosing Asana

Because it was easier for the whole team to understand how it works. The visualization of the tasks is friendlier than the Trello cards.

Scott

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Keeping the Team on Task

Outstanding. My primary goal using Asana was to replace the traditional procedure manual with something more robust and dynamic. The ability to schedule, repeat, and assign tasks means I complete and and forget it and until I'm reminded on the next cycle. Everything I need is contained in the project.

PROS

Easy to enter data and uploading of attachment to tasks. Very much appreciate the ability to have a conversation about the task in the task and not fill up my email. Customizable fields are a huge plus because I can track details and progress in a manner that meets my work style. Like the ability to drag and drop and colorize different things to make spotting what I'm looking for easier.

CONS

Although you can add followers to tasks, inability to assign multiple team members to the same task without duplicating the tasks is frustrating. There several small user interface things I would improve about Asana. I wish the project list could own the entire left hand column instead of sharing with with other high level functions. Those could be moved to the top. Having to click "Show more Projects" to view the whole list is unnecessary.

Reason for choosing Asana

We were already using the free version and had loaded up lots of information into the system. Switching to a different system with minimal differences would not be worth it. Different systems work differently, but they all accomplish roughly the same tasks. No significant benefits would be gained from making the change.

Meredith

Reviewed February 2021

Great Baseline Project Management Software

Overall, we've been very pleased with Asana for our agency. While working remotely during the pandemic, it's been an invaluable resource to make sure our team is all on the same page across clients and projects. Custom fields, statuses, and comments have kept us all connected and allowed us to continue work just as if we were in the office together.

PROS

I love Asana because of the easy to navigate interface, visual organization, and ability to create custom fields that allow my agency to get the most out of our project setups. The ability to perform advanced searches is invaluable to our team. We create reports based on those searches to allow us to better track progress on certain projects and initiatives.

CONS

One major pitfall of Asana is the "Template" feature. With their templates, you have to create an entirely new project within a team in order to use a template you've created, drag the tasks to an existing project, and delete the new project you just made. It's essentially rendered this feature more of a hassle than a help. We would love to have the ability to choose a template and insert it into an existing project with ease. Also, a simple task template would be helpful, so that for routine tasks you perform for different clients, you could go to templates, tasks, and apply just ONE task to an existing project.

Reasons for switching to Asana

Function Point was clunky, disconnected, and difficult to navigate.

Kurt

Reviewed March 2021

Asana is Great for Task Management

Asana has been an essential tool for our agency to centralize task management and have a tool to help us keep on task.

PROS

We are a digital marketing agency and we use Asana daily for managing tasks, both custom requests that come in from the client and monthly recurring tasks. It's perfect as a central portal where the team can see everything due and what is happening with tasks, vs. everything being lost in separate strings of emails. Asana has saved a lot of tasks from getting off track. We've been improving how we use it a lot in the last year, organizing it by client and devoted sections within each client to easily track different types of tasks, such as "Items Due from the Client" vs. "Monthly Recurring Tasks" or "Special Projects" etc. It's also really handy to have the phone app in addition to the computer version for working tasks on the go.

CONS

It works great for the task management aspect, but it would be great if it had budgeting and time planning functionality, so we did not have to go to separate solutions for that. It would also help to see general account or project status items, but we might be able to figure out a workaround to make that happen as we have on some other needs.

Reason for choosing Asana

We just found Asana to be the easiest to use and the best fit for our team.

Reasons for switching to Asana

Workamajig's solution for this was just to cumbersome and not user-friendly like Asana is.

Louis

Reviewed April 2021

Empower a manager to take on larger teams and projects

I could not run my business without ASANA. We develop software for a living. It is the SINGLE most important tool that we own. I would go back to coding in notepad. If it would allow us to keep ASANA.

PROS

Asana provides a solid interface that empowers me as a manager to manage more team members more efficiently. This software provides time-saving resources by allowing stakeholders to get their own project updates and track the project's progress without interrupting the team executing the project. It provides: - Many ways to plan and manage - A clear view of the task load on each team member - Time planning to keep projects on deadline

CONS

Asana provides so many ways of doing things that every person who sets up a project can do so in a unique way. This requires a clear organizational strategy from the start. The issue: - Multiple ways of achieving the same outcome - Confusion on how to work within different project structure approaches Important to note: These cons are primarily a result of poor onboarding. They are not the fault of the software or ASANA directly. My encouragement is for anyone implementing this project to plan and test projects with a very small number of team members. Only once the entire organization can be trained to create and manage projects according to your prescribed workflow should the software be opened up. You must engage with ASANA's guides early. As well as plan and provide training every employee to see the best ASANA experience.

Reason for choosing Asana

The freemium approach made it easy to try. Once we dove into it and built several projects. We saw success. It was a no-brainer to continue forward with the product. We onboarded everyone very quickly (too quickly) and saw immediate gains in productivity and morale. There is much satisfaction to be gained by checking of tasks and seeing how much you accomplished each week.

Reasons for switching to Asana

Our previous software for project management had an extremely limited tool set.

Diane

Insurance, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Asana Changed my Entire Approach to Work

This software helped me keep my job. With numerous complex tasks and projects and rapidly changing priorities, follow-up tasks were slipping through the cracks. Once I started using Asana, I felt confident to take on the most complex projects and job duties without becoming overwhelmed.

PROS

It's easy to jump right in and start working with this, even while you are still learning the interface. It does take a little time to get to know the program so that you know how you want to organize your tasks and projects. I was using lists and spreadsheets to manage my projects previously and some aspects were slipping through the cracks. It allows for easy use by multiple team members without overlap or stepping on each others work. It has completely changed my ability to manage every detail of a project and has substantial flexibility to adapt it as you see fit. There are so many things I like about this software that it's hard to name just one thing that I like most.

CONS

I would like to be able to see the Project that a subtask is part of in the "My Tasks" view instead of that field being blank. It may be due to using the free version that this is not available. I also can't view the priorities in the "My Tasks" view, but I worked around that by creating "tags" with colored numbers, red 1, yellow 2, green 3, etc.

Reason for choosing Asana

Our budget was tight, so Asana's long-term free option (as opposed to a short trial) put it over the top. It has the features we need to complete projects within our small team.