• Pros

• "Lucidspark is super easy to implement for all members of the team. Easy drag and drop placement of items and jobs and easy colour coding and brainstorming. Sharing with colleges is a breeze as well:)"

• "the abilty to use the objects drag and drop feature and to be able to add text or edit as needed, made it possible to create a flow chart that was balanced for technical and non technial users. "

• "I liked the ease of exporting it into an image/pdf file"

• Cons

• "The only issue I found was no in regards to the software. More to do with the password reset option. Some clients I have presented this to stated this feature could be improved. "

• "I would like to see a feature where you can attach documents to different sparks. It would be helpful to enrich different ideas and sticky notes with supporting documents. "

• "Automatically change the copy and paste of a text to the font that is already being used in the box."

Browse Lucidspark Reviews

Asmara from AK1 Consulting

Industry: Research

Must have for all Solopreneurs!

I love the ease of use! I have previously featured Lucidspark as part of a 'Best Platforms' series I did on LinkedIn and I would add it a hundred times over :)

Pros

I am an operations consultant so I spend a lot of time thinking about, creating and documenting efficient processes for my clients. Lucidspark makes it possible to clearly map out the customer journey and contextualize their systems design. If a picture is worth a thousand word, a Lucidspark flowchart is worth two thousand! There is no better way to demonstrate how you can bring value to the most important stakeholders for your business- your amazing customers!

Cons

When you are on the free trial, you can only retain/update 3 documents at a time.

Reasons for Choosing Lucidspark

Balance of price point versus available features. This ticked all the boxes!

Reasons for Switching to Lucidspark

I hated how boring and clunky draw.io appears. The drag/drop functionality was not great and the customization options were non-existent. Even the free version of Lucidspark was MILES better!

Raaj from V1design

Perfect tool for the (time-sensitive) job

I was working of the early stages of a fast paced project which involved multiple stakeholders over several sites and a changing brief. It was perfect for creating a data flow diagram, an organisational structure and creating project-specific documents for client discussion and approval. I found the software to be very easy to use. I was up, running and familiar with all it's features within 3-4 minutes. Creating the initial document took less than 15 minutes and was ready to share electronically. Compared to the alternative software available to hand, it was fast, user-friendly and intuitive. Considering it was the first time I had used it and that it was browser-based, I was impressed.

Pros

The fact that it is so quick and easy to use. That it is user-friendly enough with features such as snapping to shapes and arrows staying attached to the shapes is helpful. Quickly saving out as PDFs and sharing with colleagues and clients is brilliant. There are enough templates to find what I was looking for. It's quicker than setting something up with Illustrator or MS word, powerpoint etc. 1Gb storage is helpful.

Cons

Because I've only scratched the surface with its use, I haven't had the opportunity to really push it's functionality enough to comment on this area yet. I would probably say theft that it's browser based because it would be great to have it as an app on my computer. I'm not often likely to use other computers and having yet another browser window open is a bit of a pain.

Reasons for Choosing Lucidspark

The cost per month was low enough for me to try it for what I needed and there was a free trial period. It looked easy enough to use and seemed to be designed for creating flowcharts and the like.

Getting familiarized

I have used it lightly for documenting my thoughts but I have not given it too much use since I consider I wouldn't be able to use with my team at a higher scale.

Pros

I just started using it to have a place to document my understandings about a project I'm just starting to work with. I think it's very easy to understand, has all of the nice things I like about Lucidchart and I briefly tried to find ways to make it work during my Scrum meetings.

Cons

I could have not really grasped the price structure but at a high level it looked pretty expensive to me. I have a personal membership for Lucidchart that I use for my professional work and I don't mind paying for it. But from what I understood, Lucidspark would be far too expensive for me to get considering the size of my teams. Additionally I was not able to find any option within the tool that I could use to test the tool with a small crew or an option to use it with my whole team although with limited functionality.

Pavel from Routine Automation

it is ok

Pros

Easy to use. Integration with Salesforce. Ability to share diagrams. Cloud storage. Ability to copy paste diagrams to office 365 as pictures

Cons

It is really hard to say. I think Integration with MS Teams

Reasons for Switching to Lucidspark

draw.io has ugly diagrams and it is hard to manage created documents. Ability to copy paste diagrams to office 365 as pictures

Best Whiteboarding Tool

I will be using LucidSpark as my online collaborative whiteboard from COVID-times and beyond!

Pros

Very easy to use, collaboration with others is easy - love the fact that it shows where participants cursors are.

Cons

More pre-configured shapes would be great.

Reasons for Switching to Lucidspark

Whiteboard in Teams was very limited, buggy, messy.

Eugene from Gym Click Media

Industry: Broadcast Media

Incredibly Versatile Software

Amazing

Pros

The UX/UI design features along with with the web design process flow templates and beta testing flowcharts served my business well. It cut down design times, and gave my team a solid foundation to design and develop our implementation strategies!

Cons

An image library would be a great addition to the software.

Reasons for Choosing Lucidspark

It had better business related templates relevant to my business

Brandon from Harris Healthcare

Simple, Fun and Clean

Sharing notes and problem solving/brain storming with a dispersed team.

Pros

Clean and simple User interface, great tool for collaboration or just personal brainstorming. Very helpful as the team is all remote now and they need to see things. Templates make me look like a rock star.

Cons

Comments being a paid feature is limiting but I get it. I'd like more people in the company to embrace visual communications so we could better justify the cost.

Good promotion and clean UI

Reasons for Switching to Lucidspark

Simplicity was less overwhelming to the team.

Colin from GIGPRINT

Industry: Printing

Great software to manager complete workflow!

Super useful for all production planning and invoicing. It ensures we do not miss anything.

Jason from New York Presbyterian Queens

Excellent whiteboard product for teaching and collaboration

I use it for teaching in our Surgical Intensive Care Unit and our Acute Care Surgery service

Pros

- ease of use - integration with Lucidchart - flexibility - "sandbox" like qualities

Cons

I cannot think of any offhand. It has the functionality I need and it is fun and easy to use.

Great for collaboration

Was very useful in handling remote meetings to plan project requirements and design sprints

Pros

Easy to collaborate with co-workers in a remote setting.

Cons

Would like to see ability to add images or icons similar to lucid-chart. Also more base templates.

Company was using lucid.

George from Missouri Department of Conservation

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Low-key replacement for post-it-notes and whiteboards

Lucidspark, like its sibling, Lucidchart, is intuitive and easy to use. You can get up to speed with using this software very quickly and with next to no training.

Pros

This software is amazing for aggregating information and ideas and cataloging them in a meaningful way. I love how you can connect similar ideas and information to see connections and relationships. This has been very useful for capturing the wisdom and experience of retiring employees so it can be conveyed to personnel coming up through the ranks. Being able to catalog their different responsibilities and connect them together allows us to present a holistic view of the program so that new employees can get up to speed faster. I also love how this software is browser based so that it can be used anywhere on any device. This frees up staff from having to be in the office or worrying if they have a company computer.

Reasons for Choosing Lucidspark

I am a long time user of Lucidchart and I love that software. I decided to try Lucidspark after seeing a recommendation for it.

Michael from Marketing & Advertising

Amazing, Simple, Elegant

A wonderful program that I would recommend to anyone who is seeking a way to organize and display their thoughts, plots, or plans.

Pros

The ease of use for the software makes any project a relaxing, focused use of time rather than struggling to organize everything well in advance.

Cons

The options for templates seem a little limited right now.

Coley from A Plus Medical, P.C.

Outstanding Platform to Stay Organized

Lucidspark keeps me organized and travels really well. The options to color code, use sticky notes or boards to help my staff effectively coimmunicate with one another has been invaluable during the Public Health Emergency.

Pros

Mind mapping! My practice has multiple locations and each location fails in different levels of restrictions with COVID. Some locations are COVID hotspots and require extra logistical assistance and others have few if any restrictions. Mind mapping allows me to sort information and color code the map . I love this particular feature.

Cons

Upon first glance, I thought it would be difficult to use. The home page us very busy but upon actual use I have found that it is more user friendly than many other platforms I use daily. There is no "new language" to learn to produce effective materials.

Darren from Melange Counselling

Industry: Mental Health Care

Review of Lucidspark

Overall this is a great product for anyone whom is looking for a easy to use team collaboration software that is very user friendly.

Pros

Lucidspark is very user friendly. This manner in which the drag and drop and layout makes this product ideal for people from novice to experienced users of collaboration software. There is no steep learning curve.

Reasons for Choosing Lucidspark

The most appealing aspect of Lucidspark is the ease of use and simplicity. I recommend this product to anyone whom is looking for team collaboration software and project management. Also this product in testing has been very week received for those with ADHD

Response from Lucid

Replied December 2020

Hey Darren! Thank you for the review and feedback on how we can improve the password reset functionality. I'll make sure to pass it on to our product team. Have a great week, and take care. -Gabe

Rachelle from Dimedia

Turning a vision into a reality

Lucid charts provide expert support, allowing me to focus on my expertise. I have 25 years in the digital industry and lucid charts is and will always be my go-to for bringing projects to life which keeps the revenue streams growing for me and my clients. For me, Lucid charts service and capabilities cannot be beaten. It is worth giving it a try.

Pros

Cons

To be honest, at this time, I would not change anything about the platform, it provided me with everything I needed and it did not require tutorials or the time that other platforms require to even get started.

Reasons for Choosing Lucidspark

service and capability can not be beaten.

easier and faster

Jackie from NFTY

Awesome Product

Wonderfully easy and useful tool! Shared with many friends and colleagues

Pros

This product combines all the things I love about padlet and jam board into one app!

Cons

Lack of backgrounds, but I’m sure it’s coming soon :-)

Offered more options

Predrag from Etik Sales Excellence

Industry: International Trade and Development

Not for my kind of business- Consultancy

Finally, I was able to visualize much more easily my work and ideas, with not being forced to read instructions for days.

Pros

The product is easy to use, very intuitive with the great choice of templates. I would like espeically to point out template for the House of Quality or QFD

Cons

There is a lot of space for improvement regarding design, it is too sterile, sticky notes should be given 3d sense of looking. Another, and more important thing is that I wasn't able to work remotely with my clients by sharing the board to the users who are not registered on the Lucidchart.

Reasons for Switching to Lucidspark

Because of more friendly features for Consultants who are working with various groups.

Brian from Maverick Innovation Strategies

Fantastic Tools

I've used it for many different business applications and enjoy how versatile it is.

Pros

I enjoy how user friendly it is and the solid templates. That said, more templates! (can't have enough!)

Cons

The available icons are often too limited and the requirement to upgrade to have access to the broader library seems a little petty.

Erick Yakin from Globant

Looking for an easy but powerful tool?

At first impression I was considering to look for any alternative but found this as the one that most fit my needs also is pretty easy in comparison with other platforms. You can have one free subscription to test for you and your team and if that get the job done consider about getting a subscription for real and big stacks of work that meets your needs.

Pros

You can use it to develop data flow diagrams very easy and is more likely to drag and drop. Also you can share easily enough your projects files and in the long run saves a lot of time for updating the current state of your development.

Cons

If you are in a big group you will need more space to work and way more files to successfully get a big scope along all your files and definitions. So if you are in a small group I would say that free version is fine otherwise buy a license because you will need one but is not as expensive as other platforms.

Response from Lucid

Replied December 2020

Hey Erick - Thank you for being a customer and for leaving a product review. Glad you're liking the drag and drop and sharing functionalities. Have a great rest of your day/week! -Gabe

L B from Consulting

Good tool for drafting visually

I like to make visual representations of ideas or concepts, or to structure thoughts. Lucidspark provides the opportunity to do that. This has been particularly helpful in the WFH environment of 2020 -- as I cannot draw on a piece of paper or whiteboard. I will continue to use it as a mechanism for creating visuals in my work.

Pros

I enjoy creating diagrams in a free-form manner in Lucidspark, and using those to communicate with colleagues. Lucidspark is quite easy to get started and use in an informal way, before committing to a formal lay-out or design. I will then decide whether to move content to Lucidchart. I particularly like the ease of connecting shapes with lines.

Cons

I would like for it to be more intuitive to share / publish the results of my work in Lucidspark. I am using the basic version of Lucidspark and I have admittedly not invested a lot of time to figure out how I can best do this -- and I have always found a solution. It just wasn't obvious to me.

Erfan from Design

Good Product

Good product. Helping me solve user flow issues.

Pros

Being able to do flow charts quickly and easily with the templates

Cons

User Experience as it relates to finding options on shapes and menus isn't very easy

Marcel from Datatronic Software AG

Amazing Software

Pros

I use it as a Master Student and at Work. It’s easy to make great Grafics and models with it.

Cons

More shapes would be amazing or a way to see shapes that the community or other users made

Solange from Computer Software

Excellent user experience, but expensive for personal use

I find Lucidspark to be an extremely valuable tool as a student, and see many situations in my previous role as an engineer where Lucidspark would have made a task easier and less time consuming. Though the personal paid subscription is more than I'm currently willing to pay, I appreciate the free version of the software is still functional enough that I'm able to make use of it.

Pros

This software makes quickly making, modifying, and organizing visuals extremely easy and hassle free. Previously I was a frequent user of Powerpoint for creating visuals for work, and find Lucidspark significantly easier and less frustrating to quickly get my point across. It allows the user to focus on the thoughts and ideas they're expressing, instead of focusing energy on cumbersome formatting.

Cons

As a student, I use the software personally and for school related projects and organization. Currently the free version of Lucidspark is sufficient for me to make effective use of it, but the personal use subscription is more than I'm willing to pay at this point for the added features. If it were less expensive (<$5 per month) I would be more willing to pay for access to unlimited boards and shapes as an individual user.

Anurag from OANDA

Great collaboration tool

Pros

So, I tried with as an individual and I really liked how it works as a whiteboard. Specially with COVID remote working from home situation, I found it to be really useful to do whiteboarding for the team and ideation. I don't think there's a better solution out there to be honest. I have used JAMboard from Google and it sucks.

Cons

Nothing in particular I would say. I think it took a bit to learn the tools and capabilities but once you know you are good to go.

Max from Davanti

Lucidspark

Very good.

Pros

It is easy to use. The GUI is very intuitive.

Cons

Nothing at the moment. Everything is working just fine.

Nasrin from UNB

Lucidlve

I love it. User-friendly and easy to apply

Pros

Everything presents to drow! I love the searching part.

Cons

It is a bit slow. also, I couldn't find all icons I needed.

Mike from DPO Adviser

Excellent Product to Bring the Team Together Remotely!

My overall experience has been great. In addition to how simple the product is to use, it has really brought my team together to produce many new ideas.

Pros

Lucid spark has an easy to use, intuitive, interface—which led to quick adoption by my entire team!

Cons

The product delivers on its promised features. I have not found anything that I have disliked.

Reasons for Choosing Lucidspark

I chose Lucidspark over google's whiteboard program.

abdelsalam from International Maritime college Oman

Assistant professor

it was a good experience

Pros

board space, space is very convenient and you can write big text colors ease of use

Cons

Flexibility inserting of pictures, text Mathematical equation

Wale from Trofimo

Good Thinking; Great Product

Pros

I was looking for a software that enables easy creation of UI/UX flows. Discovering Lucidspark's Lucidchart, finding out it is web-based thus easy to setup and start using in minutes, and then getting notified of a new product in the stable, i.e. the amazing and innovative Lucidspark, all contributed to sealing the deal to make me a big fan of the company and its products. Being a big adherent of providing outstanding user experiences, I can definitely say that the team behind Lucid are not just kindred spirit, but masters of the art.

Cons

The sharing feature was not too intuitive in its execution and I believe it can be simplified and made more intuitive.

Kristen from Medical Devices

Industry: Medical Devices

Great product!

I am overly pleased! I use it personally and professionally and feel more organized in doing so.

Pros

I used this software in my studies for projects, and requested we bring it in to my workplace as well. I love how easy and user friendly this software is to use, and how the document auto-expands as my thoughts do. I love flowcharts, and LucidSpark has definitely contributed to this love! Great way to give high-level overviews of different processes as well as use for personal organization.

Cons

I wish there was a way to make this compatible with some Microsoft functions, maybe powerpoint? Just makes it very hard to share and edit with non-users.

Guennadi from Swift Medical

Industry: Medical Devices

Experimental use in a small engineering team

I use it for a small engineering team for 3 months already and found it very helpful.

Pros

Very intuitive and easy to use, good tutorials

Cons

Boilerplate at the top of the exported document is not necessary. I would recommend to turn off by default and turn on in Settings wherever it is necessary

Response from Lucid

Replied December 2020

Hey Guennadi - Thanks for leaving a Lucidspark review. Glad that you found the platform very intuitive and easy to use. We also appreciate your product feedback in regards to the boilerplate at the top of the exported doc. I'll make sure to personally share your specific suggestion with our product team. Thank you for being a customer, and hope you have a great rest of your year! -Gabe

Gavriel from Uplift and Upsell

Cool Stuff

Pros

I use Lucidspark to map out funnels for my copywriting clients. It's a lot of fun, and easy to rearrange things on the screen. It has different shapes and colors to help differentiate different funnel elements.

Cons

Only annoying thing was having to double-tap a lot of the things to make changes. And to redo the arrows after I'd rearrange the squares.

girlie from s2h

Very useful and user-friendly app!

Pros

I like how it is easy to understand on how to use and navigate on the functions of the application. I was able to make a lot of diagrams for my documentation and shared with my team.

Cons

I didn't notice anything that I didn't like

Response from Lucid

Replied December 2020

Hey Girlie - Thanks for your Lucidspark review. Glad you found it easy to understand and navigate! -Gabe

AJAY from CEI

Business Process user

Pros

It is kind of nice to see a more digitized way of process building, havent used it a lot to talk about the strenght yet

Cons

ease of use, the interface should be more like a desktop application, should be iPad pencil friendly, the response should be fast, more templates, more videos

I can use it on my MAC

Jan from Flimp

Exceptional

Successful used with team for Model org work, initiatives and defining end to end process. I have reached out for support a couple of times and received a response almost immediately to my questions.

Pros

intuitive and user friendly. Easy to assimilate new users and integrate prior work into the format document.

Cons

Missing a couple of addl format features to enhance current offering.

Response from Lucid

Replied December 2020

Hey Jan - Thanks for your review! Good to hear that when you reached out to our Lucidspark support team, you got an almost immediate response. Thank you for being a customer, and take care! -Gaabe

Tyler from Klymit

Solid Team Tool

We have significantly improved our product launch cycles and plans. We are able to roadmap our future product launches so much better than before.

Pros

What I like most about Lucidspark is the greater team collaboration it provides. We use the software as a tool to roadmap our future product launches and since implementing this tool things have been smoother and much more consistent.

Cons

I do wish the software was a bit more responsive, I feel like sometimes it can be a bit slow when moving things around quickly.

Chris from Chris Brandt

Great Start To A Whiteboard Tool

Shared work space for brainstorming and information sharing.

Pros

It's simple to understand and easy enough to navigate. I like that it tries to be a whiteboard first, and not a design tool.

Cons

Not quite as advanced as Mural or Miro. Missing some facilitation features.

Andrew from Indiana Wesleyan University

Great Product, needs more attention

I really enjoyed it! Our collegiate team was placed in quarantine mid-season, and we used this software to help run tactics sessions with our players through Zoom. Having the visual tool that was so customizable was so helpful for our players and helped the sessions a lot!

Pros

Very easy to pick up, lots of options for customization, very enjoyable to use and made zoom calls a lot more visual for our players

Cons

Is very directed for the business world, I believe this product has the potential for many other fields and uses, more variety in present options would be great

Response from Lucid

Replied December 2020

Hey Andrew - Thank you for your Lucidspark review. I'm glad that we've been able to make your zoom calls a lot more visual for your players. We also appreciate your feedback on the potential for other fields and use cases, so I'll make sure our pass that on to our product team. Take care and thank you for being a customer! -Gabe

Ricky from Spark health

Great product!

Pros

Used this for creating org charts for different systems and processes. Had lots of features for making this a success.

Cons

One day the software bugged and the screen was staticy and it didn’t go away for a few hours.

Trent from AT.OZ Industries.com.au

Lucid Spark Review

simple and easy to use.... excellent product

Pros

it's a very simple and easy to use software that helps us gain clarity of the way our business functions

Cons

being that it is a large program I feel as if sometimes it can lag(but not very much) I would love to see the integration of lucid spark with the lucid chart but atm they seem to be seperate

Reasons for Choosing Lucidspark

lucid spark is really unquestioned against Word for making flows

Nabeel from Serendipity

Nice app to let thoughts flow

Pros

I like the flexibility of the app, it's very intuitive and allows you to drag and drop images easily and annotate which is what I use it most for. The infinite canvases are great and being able to live present/annonate amongst the team is so useful.

Cons

Using within a browser on an iPad with an Apple Pencil wasn't the easiest, I would like to see a native app for iPad to really improve the UX.

Drew from TWIO Brand

Lucidspark Review

I really liked the overall experience and would recommend it to my peers.

Pros

I like the voting feature; it makes collaboration and organizing my team's feedback super easy.

Cons

I did not find anything that stood out as being hard to use with this software.

Anja from RAF

Awesome collaboration and brainstorming tool

Overall, I use Lucidspark for brainstorming ideas mostly. I use it for network schemas as well. And it represents a collaboration tool for me and my team.

Pros

Ease of use is the thing that attracted me most about Lucidspark. Brainstorming ideas within the team becomes interactive and interesting. There are many options for your creativity to be shown.

Cons

For now, I was not able to find any problem or missing feature.

Jared from Dell Technologies

Industry: Computer Hardware

Free user review

Extremely great company that is creating simplistic products to help with visualization

Pros

Very simplistic to use and create charts that are visually appealing.

Cons

Took some time to figure out where features were and how to manipulate different parts

Ashish from Sustlabs

Easy to use tool

I use Lucid spark to create my visualizations which I use in my presentations and documents

Pros

I liked the ease of exporting it into an image/pdf file

Cons

There is hardly anything missing on the software

Anne from CompTIA Tech Career Academy

Quality product

Pros

I think it’s a great product, has a lot of features that could be useful, especially in my line of work.

Cons

It’s a good product, but it’s too expensive for my budget

Shaine from myLAB Box

Good tool for Ops Management

Been using it for team collab - very easy to use especially for team training, or brainstorming.

Pros

The product is very easy to use in operations management and team collaboration.

Cons

I have yet to use it long enough to suggest any changes

Response from Lucid

Replied December 2020

Shaine - Thank you for your recent Lucidspark product review here on Capterra. Great to see that you've been using the platform for team collaboration. Have a great day! -Gabe

Alex from Growth Gurus Limited

Innovative and easy to use

Very easy to use, great list of templates to work from, I can't justify paying more to access it since I feel I can already do so much on Lucidchart. As a stand-alone tool it's definitely worth it, as part of the package I'm unclear.

Pros

Great for running digital workshops and brainstorming ideas.

Cons

I am an avid Lucidchart user and for something that has quite similar functionality, I don't see the justification of paying double the price for it.

Response from Lucid

Replied December 2020

Hey Alex - Thank you for sharing your Lucidspark product review. Feedback like yours is what helps our company and product team better understand where we can improve in order to create an exceptional product experience for you and your team. I'll make sure to share your comments/feedback here with the team at Lucid. Thank you again, and hope you have a great week! -Gabe

Klaas from Linnworks

Industry: Information Services

Do it the easy way with Lucidspark

Great piece of kit, very easy to use. We started to use it for presentations only, to make things look great. Now we start using it for drafting and every-day use as well!

Pros

I like how easy it is to make graphs with Lucidspark.

Cons

Sometimes with very large drawings, loading times can take a while. Make sure you have a good pc and internet if you want to collaborate live.

Ammarah from Bazaar Technologies

Super easy and helpful

I'm pretty happy with Lucidspark. It helps me visualize my projects, process flows and data sets well and efficiently.

Pros

Very easy to use, has really good features and my outputs adapt well to different export formats

Cons

Pricing can be a little better to improve value for money, however, the cost is still not too bad considering the ease of use and features