• Pros

• "It is so easy to use and gets great results every time"

• "I really enjoy the user interface the most. It is easy to use and attractive to the eye. It takes no time at all to make a fun and practical map for my writing. "

• "MindMeister is a fantastic MindMapping tool. Very useful for brainstorming new ideas."

• Cons

• "The limit of 3 maps on the free version but I do completely understand it "

• "i dont know if it woud be fair to say there's something i dont like about mindmeister... there is nothing that i dislike so far."

• "I think 3 free mindmaps is cutting it a little close. 5 would probably get more people to give it a try."

Browse MindMeister Reviews

Fraser from Advertising ROI

Still the gold standard of mind map software

Great piece of kit - helps me layout my plans in simple yet powerful graphical formats

Pros

It is so easy to use and gets great results every time

Cons

The output is limited even on the paid version so I need to pay extra for e.g. PPT output

Ease of use

Reasons for Switching to MindMeister

It was just so much more limited than Mindmeister

A complete mindmapping solution for all of us who prefer visual organization of information

As a predominantly visual person I need to see "the whole picture" when designing a new project and I do a lot of mindmapping on almost daily basis. I have the master mindmap with the key projects I am working on that branch out to smaller activities, tasks and deliverables and most of my notes related to the development are within the mindmap. As MindMeister offers a good number of icons to tag the individual branches I could clearly keep track of whole scope of the project and use the same space to add any ideas/notes I might have at the moment. Since you can easily collapse all the branches you are not using at the moment it really gives clarity and at the same time it helps me not to lose track of some processes or smaller deliverables that I could easily overlook in the task manager software I use. It also offers the integration with Meister Task so you can easily turn any branch into a task with deadlines and all. For me personally, the best use of mind maps is for brainstorming and planning stages of a project and I usually start by creating a map myself, adding ideas, processes and deliverables into it, and then sharing it with my colleagues at a meeting, which is usually followed by our joint work on the same map if the idea is chosen for the development. The app itself allows for all these, it has good visual interface, so after finding it and using it for a month I did not search for any other alternatives anymore.

Pros

As I use mind maps a lot I love to be able to have them available everywhere I go and to share them with my colleagues so we can work together on the same mind map. It offers everything mindmapping software should offer and it does it online (or through mobile app) so the only thing I need is the internet connection. The maps look very nice, there is a good number of templates and options (both map structures and design templates) so if you need a good mindmapping software I that is platform independent I could really recommend this one as I tried a couple of others before finding it. When you share the mind map with colleagues things get really great, especially during the ideation and planning stage of a project as everyone can add branches, expand on ideas which really helps make meetings more effective later.

Cons

This app also has the presentation mode that I have not found so useful. I see how it might be great to be able to present your mindmap to others instead of boring them with a slideshow, but I did not use it, so this would be the only thing that I am not really 'digging 100%. In essence, there is nothing bad about the app that I would highlight as it does its core function (mindmapping) really well. Of course, the free version has some limitations in terms of number of maps you can make and the export formats, but even the basic version can be enough for most users' needs.

Reasons for Switching to MindMeister

in order to do mindmapping online, together with colleagues

Carlin from Pixlbox Ltd

Great Mindmapping tool

Pros

Cons

The free tool does not come with the ability to upload images.

Response from Meister

Replied April 2021

Hi Carlin, Thank you for your review. Our free plan is add-free and offers the option of creating up to three maps. Developing and maintaining our website and apps is however costy and at the moment it is not viable to provide all features for free, we hope for your understanding. We however appreciate your feedback. Have a great day, Your MeisterTeam

Matthias from Emotion Coaching gUG

Beautiful but severe issues

I had to leave this software behind with my whole company after putting many hours in implementation because of 2 major bugs that were not even recognized or understood by the support team. One was a severe issue with privacy changes which is a disaster for sensitive content, the other a problem with their handling of free accounts when people just want to browse your public mindmaps. Very sad, since it is otherwise beautiful and has promising features - but for pro users who need stuff to really work it can be a huge waste of time. Disappointing the total lack of comprehension by the support staff.

Pros

Beautiful Design amazing search linking to points in different maps possible (the only one I know who can do that)

Cons

Huge banner to sign up on (paid) public maps that occupies too much space Sorting and organizing maps quite confusing severe issue with privacy changes which is a disaster for sensitive content handling of free accounts when people just want to browse your public mindmaps impossible to set privacy for several maps (or a folder) at once

Al from Ductz of the Greater Poconos

A visual representation of life

I have called "My Life" and its just that. everything from the day-to-day to projects etc and it works so much better for me than other systems I have tried. I think it because i am a very visual person and see life as a web more than a list. I am also using it for a course aI am taking it and find it so easy to locate info when I need to go back and find something.

Pros

The ease of moving things around arranging and re-organizing is by far one of my favorite features. much easier then the copy past method used by alot of other products

Cons

So far it seams to be limited only by my imagination. I took a very inexpensive Udemy course to get more out of it and that was well worth it although if you are just using it for yourself that might not be needed.

Reasons for Switching to MindMeister

I needed something that was easy and fast to navigate and change with the constant changes life throws at you

Quai from Quai Franklin Radio

Mindmeister - Useful for Many Purposes

Mindmeister has been really helpful with story and song planning, mapping out the recording process, keeping track of characters, locations, objects, and their relationships. It's been a lovely experience.

Pros

I'm a visual thinker, creator, and planner. As such Mindmeister is extremely useful in realizing visual imagery and information, pretty much effortlessly. It comes with lots of templates to get you started if you find them more convenient. But it's also really easy to get a mind map started from a blank canvass. After you begin building the map, it is easy to apply global styles or to style individual elements. Another great feature is the ability to take a portion of a map and create a new map out of it, optionally leaving a link in the originating map. Highly convenient.

Cons

There aren't many cons. I wish it were easier to capture ideas quickly for working with later using the mobile app. Also on my wish list would be a way to text search for icons.

Reasons for Switching to MindMeister

Mindmup was too limiting. It had to either be tied to my Google account or I'd have to pay for their Gold plan for storage.

Briana from Kat Hunter

Industry: Writing and Editing

The Best Mind Cartographer

I do believe after trying many different programs that Mindmeister is the easiest to use and the best looking. It has everything I want in mapping software. It makes a big difference when you are trying to brainstorm. it is simply the best all-around.

Pros

Cons

I wish I could buy the software or membership for a one time fee. I use the software randomly for personal reasons than anything so a monthly fee isn't cost-effective for me. But wish I could use the full features whenever I decide to log on.

Reasons for Switching to MindMeister

No other program makes it easier to add various branches, create mega trees, functions as smoothly, or looks as good as Mindmeister.

Best tool for begin of everywhere!

Pros

Think widely, Sum in one mind-page. Then we can have a few gaps in our team. So easy to gathering think parts of teammates.

Cons

I think it will be more powerful to have functions that suggest or reply an element (like Google Docs, Sheets, Slides).

Reasons for Switching to MindMeister

Easy to make sharing for our concept to our teammates' brains.

Jerry from Jerry Azel Jiménez - BIM Consulting

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Simply awesome

I feel free. I was looking for a way to organize my ideas and put them into scope. This software gave me that.

Pros

The way you can organize you ideas is outstanding

Cons

Can't say anything bad, this is too good

Reasons for Switching to MindMeister

I saw the link and was courious. Glad I did.

Edgar from MediaLux Produxiones

Industry: Museums and Institutions

A professional mind mapping option cheap and online

I actually did like it. After login a quick tutorial gets you mind mapping after a few clicks and other five tutorials get you using the whole interface on the fly.

Pros

Mindmeister has been around for quite a while, and as well as other mind mapping software its main goal has been making things simpler and simpler. Professionals from any field have two things in mind: shortage of time and exporting options. Mindmeister's evolution has gone online with in browser mind mapping app and also computer installed versions as well as mobile apps. It's new price packages are quite reasonable but you can start making up to three mind maps for free on its basic free version.

Cons

Exporting options are only available through paid accouts, have that in mind in case you are considering testing it out first.

Paul from RAYVA International

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Mindmeister - Is it the best mind mapping software for you?

Mind maps are a unique tool if you primarily use a computer as a brain amplifier. The ability to list complex topics and show their relationship graphically can be done with other drawing or flow chart apps. But the true power of mind mapping is the ability to expand and collapse the data with a single click, allowing you to focus on just the set you want to see. You need specialized software to do this. I recommend Mindmeister to anyone looking for an affordable, accessible and easy-to-use tool to "map out" your ideas. There is just about no better way to do this, no matter how simple or complex your project is.

Pros

The Mindmeister SaaS model is reliable, accessible and scalable. I have used it to create a simple list to massive data structures to map out complex products with hundreds of nested topics. It always works. At first, I thought it was lacking features. However, upon continued use now over many years, I can see the logic behind keeping it simple and now enjoy the simplicity of the interface so I can concentrate on creating content rather than fiddling around with unnecessary options. Actually, I have found just about everything I need for highly detailed maps. Images can be copied and pasted, then scaled within topics. Notes are simple but can be styled with just the right text options and images can be added if necessary. Most of all, I love the option to revert back to any version in time which recently saved my life when I accidentally deleted a massive amount of data from a map that I have been working on for 6 months. This map has over 2100 versions and I was able to completely restore the lost data from weeks before.

Cons

I wish the topic Notes could be resized as they are fixed at a size that cuts off some information. You can scroll to see more but sometimes defeats the purpose. Of course, the UI could be full of options for this or that but as stated above, I have come to appreciate the elegance of Mindmeister's feature set that is "just right" to get the job done.

Reasons for Switching to MindMeister

Have tried most of the major mind mapping apps and always come back to Mindmeister. Mindmeister seems to have the best balance between the features I need and simplicity of use. This enables me to be the most productive and create mind maps that communicate my ideas better than any other product I have tried.

Dimitri from Feather Information

Turn ideas into action! Connect mind maps with task management

It leaves only one question open: How can anybody work efficiently without these two fantastic applications??

Pros

Think about it: For the first time ever, Mindmapping and Task Management are perfectly connected with each other! And both applications are uniting simplicity and efficiency in such a great way that you really want to work with them every day. No matter, whether you do brainstorming in a meeting, or need to sort your thoughts for to launch a new product, starting a new marketing campaign, ordering your competitive data or just simply make notes about a class you are intending, there is only one perfect tool you can easily use for everything: MindMeister. MindMeister is not only a stoning beautiful and absolutely intuitive application, but it super effective and supporting your efficienc by directly creating tasks and assigning them to individual persons. In case somebody missed the meeting, or you need to replay how the mindmap got built, simply click on the replay button and it gets constructed again right in front of your eyes. Generate impressive powerpoint presentations with a click of a mouse button or manually in just seconds. Collaborate interactive online on the same maps in real-time. Build knowledge bases by connecting mindmaps with each other. You will never forget anything anymore because you will find any information easily again in one of your mindmaps. On top of everyhting, MindMeister has a number of templates integrated for the majority of your needs, like SWOT analysis, decision matrix, homework planning, exam preparation, lesson and many more.

Cons

Nothing. MindMeister in combination with MeisterTask is the only right tools you will ever need for an efficient task and project management.

Reasons for Choosing MindMeister

I have tested several mindmap tools and they all have their pros and cons - MindMeister is the only one with only pros.

Christina from Yonkers Public Schools

Great Curriculum and NGSS Tool

Reworking curricula and developing y ideas was a lot easier when I didn't first have to spend two days learning how to use the software. At school right now we are being forced to use platforms the district already bought and they are clunky and do not have comparable features. It's taking me weeks to learn and wasting the time I need to plan out the actual lessons and develop materials.

Pros

I already love concept mapping and I was looking for a computer tool that was reasonable and easy to use to help me conceptualize organizing my curriculum, particularly to start to adapt to NYS adopting the NGSS and to make the content more engaging now that we are educating online because of COVID. This was so easy to learn to use, and the help and opening tutorial were super straightforward. Will probably end up paying fro this for sometime to see more features and continue to use it as a planning tool and to generate study guide for students.

Cons

Not sure if I can change to a different type of map when I've already started the map and Don't want to begin again from scratch, figuring it out.

Reasons for Choosing MindMeister

Price, and features were better and platform was clearer on mind meister.

Too expensive

Response from Meister

Replied February 2021

Hi Christina, thank you for your review. Regarding the point you mentioned in "Cons" - you are indeed able to change the map theme, select to override changes and if you do not like the new map style, you can click the Undo button and return back in the next step. As for changing the map layout, this can be changed anytime as well. Your MeisterTeam

Colin from Trade IT

Industry: Computer Networking

MindMeister - Easy to use, powerful and flexible Mind Mapping software

If you use Mind Mapping (and you should), Mindmeister is a great tool. Users are productive from day one; additional features to embellish maps can be used after the mapping exercise to create a passable presentation. As it is a SaaS product, easy to have several people contributing to a map. Highly recommended.

Pros

Very easy to use - the tool doesn't get in the way of the process; critical for mind mapping Reorganise and rearrange maps easily - even create submaps with links back to parent Good integrations - e.g. Microsoft Teams Can publish maps to public library, embed on website or share as editable or view only

Cons

Few complaints; resizing images could be easier (tough to grab the corner!); the interface could be prettier, but I'd sooner have functionality than pretty. Printing large maps on a single sheet or PDF is trickier than it needs to be. Sharing process could be simpler.

Ellen from Northern Kentucky University

Great Educational Tool

I often colloborate with university colleagues to write grants. We have used the program to model teaching and learning frameworks and to delegate project tasks. It is easy to use and the export features allow us to incorporate graphics into proposals.

Pros

What I love most about Mindmeister is the ability to collaborate with others on maps. I use it with colleagues to model, plan, and brainstorm. I also use it with my college students, who are pre-service teachers. When I assign a collaborative brainstorming activity, I can view the timeline to see when students contributed to the map. (This feature also allows you to revert to an earlier version of the map.) There are a multitude of educational uses of Mindmeister -- lesson planning, summarizing ideas, examining cause and effect, analyzing literature, detailing the steps in a process, and vocabulary study -- to name a few! Mindmeister has become an essential tool for teaching and learning.

Cons

My students sometimes have problems retireving maps - especially if they have started a map and only worked on it for a few minutes.

MindMeister is Awesome

Pros

Its really easy to use.. very intuivtive, and it has integrations with anything you want. it has been a ride in the park since we as a team started using this software in conjunction with MeisterTask. everything we plan, gets disaggregated into steps for everyone in the team.. even when things are not getting done as expected, its easy to pinpoint the problems, or hav the rest of the team either doing something else while the delay gets solved, or puting time to help it get done. honestly.. i dont think i will ever do anything else without first puting it down on a Mind map like this. IT IS AWESOME

Angelo from Igreja de Nova Vida

Great and cheap ;)

Awesome! I've been using MindMeister for a long time and I can say that I have a life of study there. It is incredible how I can remember something I read two years ago really fast.

Pros

The facility in building mind maps that are beautiful and organized the way you want would be enough for me. But the tool for researching words on the maps are FANTASTIC. I can research a word through all maps or in an especific one. This really allows me to be faster at my work.

Cons

Although the price is affordable, I think the difference between annual and mothly plans should be more representative. I'd like to have an annual plan but, living in Brazil where dollar goes up and down, I can't know when it will really worth it.

Rob from Elite Extraction Services

Industry: Chemicals

Great for small business

I use this to be able to create very nonlinear "big picture" summaries, and then I create other functional maps and tasks when its time to drill down into the details. I like how its very nonlinear and very fluid. Its easy to move things around and edit them. I first used MindMeister back in 2007. Its still a great product.

Pros

I like mind mapping and I like the design, form and feel to MindMeister. Its great that it now has task list functionality as well. Its fast and easy.

Cons

It could use a Gantt chart, as that's the only thing other people in my company need/want.

Raghunandan from Nandan GSE Pvt Ltd

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Awesome tool

It's been a great tool I own licence for xmind as well as mindmiester Xmind is more powerful But the abilities ond an online mind mapping tool are much better for xolloboration

Pros

The ease of use Brainstorming Presentation

Cons

Rigidity ... It doesn't allow branches to be a different place unaligned

Cloud

Maggie from Self-Emplolyed

Finally: A digital, visual, FUN way to effectively organize and boost productivity

I'm a visual learner with lots of ideas, to-dos, distractions, and good intentions. On my own, I've tried writing lists, making my own digital map, using phone productivity apps, using tons of post-it notes, etc. to organize my jobs, projects, and seemingly endless daily tasks. I slowly admitted my own frustrations with not being able to effectively organize what I needed to do. Using MindMeister is the first time I actually see all of what I need to do in front of me, and it's color coded, neat, effective, and it oddly inspires me to work more. I'm a big fan of the templates and customization options. I use the Eisenhower Matrix template and I'm pleasantly surprised that it's actually improving my time management issues.

Pros

Free "Basic" plan is great for what I need now; Educator discount is available for if/when I choose to upgrade; free themes with many options for customization (I love color-coding); ability to merge MindMeister with MeisterTasks; Templates with tips on how to use them; Image generator based on Map title; Very user-friendly

Cons

The "Use" and "Preview" Template buttons are a little too close together. More than 3 font sizes would be nice.

BANU from İrfan Okulları

Master of the Mind

Great help. At the time of my total confusion, it gave me a great hand to organize me and save time and energy.

Pros

It helped me organize everything, my work, my class, my presentation, events, and it is very practical, easy to use (user friendly)

Cons

I would like to download word format in personal version once or twice so that I can be sure to upgrade or not.

Janet from Peace Through Principles

Helps me be creative

I design my own courses, and I use Mindmeister to help me outline and think through my course organization. At first I was not sure that it was worth the money. Because it was almost time for renewal, I decided to begin a new project and outline it by hand. WIthin a day I realized that Mindmeister was definitely something that helped a lot. Not only can I move ideas around very easily, but I can also see my projects differently simply due to the ability to color similar ideas with the same color, and connect them to each other. Being able to move a chain of ideas without having to erase and start over was huge too. I realized that Mindmeister had been making a huge difference.

Pros

I like the visual aspect of creating an organized plan.

Cons

I would liked to have an actual list of different short tutorials.

Excellent, but....

I love to use it, it changed the way I organize my life and it made me 10 times more efficient.

Pros

The software and its mobile it are great. Features are good and works smoothly. But... the price is outrageous. It's impossible to keep paying the entire life for a program like this. You guys should offer one time buy plan, that would unlimited use of it. I would totally buy it even if its a little expensive, because its the best of its kind. But I cannot afford to pay for it every year of my life time. No way.

Cons

Need to have a one time buy plan. No way to keep paying every year for this kind of product.

same as above

Reasons for Switching to MindMeister

I needed something easy to collaborate with other people and that could integrate desktop and mobile use.

Kimber from Freelance

Industry: Writing and Editing

Intuitive, pleasing to use, and has all organizational features you could ever need.

Pros

What I like the most about mindmeister is the ability to organize and customize how I organize on a very pleasing to look at platform. Everything is very seamless, easy to use, and even fun to use.

Cons

I wish I could get rid of the advertising on my screen to upgrade to premium, I wish mindmeister was more user friendly for free users who aren't apart of a big company or anything, and I wish they had a desktop app.

Akina from www.diamondvita.com

Good software for diagrams and presentations

Pros

The first thing that attracts in this program is the speed of the interface. Well thought out the design side: the final projects are stylish and concise. The application allows you to work with different formats, so it's quite universal.

Cons

Some features of the program are available exclusively in the paid version, which greatly limits the work. Because there is no possibility of selection and copying, it is impossible to make quick changes.

Michael from IT

Industry: Information Services

A perfect tool for supporting task tracking and ongoing discussions in complex projects.

I am using MindMeister to keep track on complex projects and to use it during status meeting for review of the current status and to capture all the brainstorming thats going on during those sessions. I find it very usefull to get a grip on all issues involved. I am using it activley in most of my discussions because it provides a graphicall depiction of the thought process that helps everybody involved to "get the big picture" while capturing and following up on the details as well.

Pros

MindMeister is easy to use and offers all the functionality needed to get your ideas organized. It perfectly supports tracking of tasks and help covering additional ideas coming up along the way during your daily project life.

Cons

Until now I found most of the features I desired. I will update you once I found something missing.

Jorden from Bodies By Bench LLC

Probably The Best Online Mind Mapping Software For The Price

I have used MindMeister for both person and business. I was able to layout various course or programs for clients. I used to layout business processes. There are so many things you could use this for. I have over 100 different mindmaps! It's also great for just braindumping ideas or brainstoming with other people using the collaborate feature.

Pros

Mindmeister is very easy and intuitive to use. You have the ability to use various types of mapping layout including free form. I love that I can create presentaions and even export my mind maps into various forms

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say. Using the desktop is much easier than the mobile version but it still works well.

Avril from ME&C INC

Mind Mapping with Ease

Very happy and easy to share whil collaborating.

Pros

This tool is very intuitive and user friendly. Even if you get stumped its fairly easy to look at pictures of an icon and figure out what it does. I also like the integrations so you can attach files, documents etc. to support an idea

Cons

The only aspect I was disappointed is in a less that 17" screne you may not be able to visualize an entire mindmap.

The ease and comfort.

Edward from fiddle-online.com

Favorite mind mapping software

I have many projects that need to be visualized in order to keep track of them, and brainstorming really helps unload my ideas so I don't have to hang onto them in mind all the time. I know this is true of any planner book or software, but MindMeister makes it easy, quick and colorful to handle.

Pros

I like how easy and colorful it is, intuitive to type in ideas, connect them, move them around, and easy to create tasks out of them, and link them into MeisterTask. I don't like software that claims too much of my time before producing results, and this is usable right away. Also, it's easy to look at, good design and colors. There are others I've tried which are very capable but hard to spend time with.

Cons

Can't think of something I don't like. I know the limitations of using a computer for brainstorming. It won't do my work or my thinking for me!

Reasons for Switching to MindMeister

The Brain is really good and super capable. I wanted it to work for me but I never could get comfortable with the look of it, it felt kind of down, and it required that I remember a lot of details for using it, so it's not as intuitive.

Sven from Heckele Translations

Industry: Translation and Localization

Easiest Mindmap-Tool I've come across

There might be features I'm not aware of it that I am not using. That just doesn't matter to me because I wanted an intuitive, easy to use Mindmap-Tool and that is exactly what Mindmeister delivers. If you need a mindmap to organize a new project, this might just be for you.

Pros

Cross-platform functionality. I like it on Windows but was surprised to realize that it's even more intuitive on Android. The referral program for free users is standard to great. But the affiliate program for Business users is one of the best and fairest programs I've come across to date.

Reasons for Switching to MindMeister

I found Mindmeister more intuitive on Windows and I really love its Android version.

Stefan from Comenius University in Bratislava

Industry: Research

Just started and I love it!

I honestly just started. I am studying Cognitive Science and I see mapping the things as a great, effective and useful thing to do. Its almost like a quasi-language of mind. I really like the simplicity of the platform design and all different features. I miss the things which I have described in "Cons" part of the review. But I see all of this as highly professional. Possibility to write this review to you and the lean design of this whole process is really good.

Pros

Creating MindMaps, or any kind of maps. - shareable - easy to store - easy to edit - simple solution for visualizing ideas - almost as flexible as having a marker in my hand - ability to reference ideas to other materials, content and other people

Cons

The "Get started" manual had some bugs, and I couldn't get further in the instructions. Too small icons. I had a problem to see them, I miss the ability to enlarge them or readjust them according to my needs. The flexibility of the map could is good, but could be better. 3D could be too complicated, but what about making a layers? Each layer could be for example partly transparent.

Maria from http://www.heal10.com/

Simply and nothing superfluous

Pros

Endless tree and flexibility, ease of construction, links to other diagrams, the ability to include in the diagrams video, sound, graphics. Rich features on the free account. Integration with MeisterTask. You can set a language other than English.

Cons

For the time of using the application (about a year), there have not been any shortcomings yet. Everything works perfectly.

Ron Elius from Ron Elius Santos Copywriting

Great tool for new Ideas road mapping

Outstanding.

Pros

Collaboration is an essential part of our Organization and to make sure our Ideas is properly well mapped, Mindmeister is there to help us. Gone are the ugly drawings on the whiteboard that draws unfocused and divided attention of people, now is the time where beautiful and easy mind mapping tool that draws inspiration and sparks collaborative work towards accomplishing the Organization’s goal. Design is always on-point and it communicates clearly what needs to be done strategically.

Cons

Of course, not all tool is perfect, it has all its own cons but as far as I can tell from my experience, I’m a satisfied user of this tool.

Vivek from Airtel

A SaaS Mindmap: Ease of Collaboration

Visually, breaking down the problem logically.

Pros

ease of use and share: the SaaS allows multiple users to collaborate in real time and break down the problems.

Cons

Pricing. Xmind provides everything, except sharing functionality.

sharing

Response from Meister

Replied April 2021

Hi Vivek, thank you for your review! Our app is add-free and we believe the Basic functionalities offered should cover the needs of a free user who would only create up to 3 maps and does not need to use advanced features. We of course look at our competitors' plans and pricing when reconsidering our prices and plans. Developing and maintaining our website and apps is costy and at the moment we cannot offer all features for free. We however do appreciate your feedback. Best, Your MeisterTeam

Claire from Heart Handmade Media

Visual Mapping Made Easy

I've used mind meister for the past couple of years to map out launches, challenges, email sequences and course contents. I'm able to attach documents, lists, images, videos etc. I absolutely love MindMeister and the app.

Pros

Easy to use Wide range of structures to create Wide range of templates available lots of features for each little bubble (Task) Colour coding Icons/Emojis Can export maps (back up) Kept me on task for a launch - I would have used a wall and post-its before but this method is so much easier, portable and sharable Paid option is great if using on a daily basis and with a team

Cons

The limit of 3 maps on the free version but I do completely understand it

Tommy from Self-employed

Brilliant!

Using the free version, i'm absolutely delighted by this product and use it every day for planning and inspiration. As soon as my starting phase is done, i'm paying for this product to expand my use of it, to get even more features and, well, because it's worth it.

Pros

This product is extremely easy to use and implement. It can be made easy on the eyes and is packed with features already in the free version.

Cons

The only annoying detail i've come across so far is that formatting is lost when undoing a move, which i'm sure is fixable in future updates. Although the amount of symbols at hand is massive, i'd love the ability to mark an entry with any number.

Outstanding product but bad support

Pros

Great to quickly get an overview of complex projects. This tool is the best out there.

Cons

Support is a big problem. I had to fix a subscription issue but I am waiting for a response now for more than 6 days. I would really opt for a chat button like all major companies have. IF this is not fixed soon I will start using an alternative. Support is important to me.

Ben from Argos

Superior to Competitors

This software made a convoluted idea far more defined and explorable in a matter of minutes. I would definetly recommend using it for any idea with multiple options and outcomes to keep track of.

Pros

This software takes seconds to learn to use and allows you to lay out as in-depth an idea as you can create. It has a range of formatting choices and identifier icons to make the separation of branches far clearer.

Cons

Unfortunately, you seem to only be able to have one mind-map per file, or if you CAN have two, I could not see how. Having the ability to have two contrasting ideas side by side would be very helpful.

Response from Meister

Replied April 2021

Hi Ben, thank you for your review! It's indeed not possible to open two map windows in the same browser tab, but we appreciate the idea - this will be forwarded to our product team as a suggestion for future improvements. Thank you for your feedback! Your MeisterTeam

Julie from Highmark Health

Career user

Pros

I have been in my field for over 22+ years and used this tool for various uses throughout. I appreciate the ease of use of the interface and the continual improvements that I've seen over the years.

Cons

It's not a con as much as an additional feature request. I would love to be able to create a master mind map out of a group of my maps so that I can see the larger ecosystem within your tool. I currently just export all my maps and use another program to visualize my world.

Moiz from Leap Technologies FZC

MindMiester a fantastic tool for Mindmapping

I use it for customer task tracking, employee tracking and project tracking. It is an all in one tool, works perfect.

Pros

I love the ease of use, seamless interface. It supports extremely large mindmaps which are the kinds I eventually end up making. My productivity and project tracking both have improved using MindMeister.

Cons

Actually it has sufficed my purpose so far. I am using free version, so can't complain

Over 4 years of use

Pros

The versatility and creativity and style options are what keep me coming back. I can outline books, storylines, blog posts, brainstorm content, prepare character outlines. It's truly enjoyable to use the program.

Cons

I dislike that I do not have other format choices for exporting on the basic plan. I would like the option to export a mind map in 1 format of my choosing versus being restricted to the format type.

Teresa from United Real Estate Solutions

Overcoming forgetfulness and saying organized

Im less stressed because I know that that my processes are right in front of me so I don't have to try and remember every little detail. Making my maps have been easy and fun.

Pros

In Real Estate there are so many moving parts and so many systems and processes. Once I tried MindMeister to help keep my processes in front of me, I noticed I was becoming more organized and less forgetful from stress overload. The making of step by step processes was easy to do. I love MindMeister. Thank you Teresa

Cons

I didn't notice anything as of yet. It's pretty simple to use.

charles from Intellijoule, Inc.

Great Project planning tool. We want to buy it for every one in the company.

I invented this idea while pitching a description of flows for a computer project. Lockheed Martin Unisys back in 1994. One of my stockholders, a Wharton Professor, to me to forget it because very few people could understand such graphs. He was wrong. I started making Mind graphs like yours by gerrymandering MS Project but it is not the way to go.

Pros

Everything, especially the suggested links.

Cons

Price...right as of now., We will be buying it.

Reasons for Choosing MindMeister

Smarter design and options.

Alka from BMO HArris Bank

No More Chaos

Project and Program Management

Pros

this help me stay organized and eliminates panic, since I can see on ONE PAGE all of the key tasks for my team, NEATLY ORGANIZED by Topic, Resource or subject area

Cons

Having to reformat all child tasks under each group. Would like to have a default task template set up or child tasks should inherit template same as the parent

Jester from Google

Easyt o use

I have been able to fully see the process of certain installations from every team involved, not simply my own. This grants not only myself, but all the other teams involved, a much greater view for an overall perspective that other sites may not have.

Pros

Very easy to get started, easy to select selections for various types of connections, symbols, shapes, lines, etc. I truly enjoy the ability to simply tab and add another step, then modify it further with the provided tools. Upgrading to Personal was a great choice as I am able to export this map to an image or PDF, making it even easier to share the work.

Cons

I have not found mu8ch in the way of Cons at this time, but will come back and modify my review should one pop up.

Pedro Yago from Medical Practice

Very useful software for brainstorming and organizing ideas.

Pros

It is very easy to use and create tons of projects from scratch. You can brainstorm multiple topics in a single page and then connect them in a more logic way by demand.

Cons

Even though you can share a project with multiple people, you can't edit the same project at the same time, or the software only recorganize one of the editings.

Cory from House Buyers Direct

My experince with MindMeister

I have been kicking around the idea of spinning off new businesses from my existing business and this software is the place I put my ideas until I have clarity and focus. The mindmapping concept works and I am happy with the software reliability.

Pros

The software is intuitive. I use the free version and it is high quality.

Cons

Setting up the overall layout can be challenging at first.

Alexander from Alexander Kumlin

Easy to use tool for getting your head clear and your work productive

I usually have so much in my mead, different projects, ideas, to-dos etc. I had been searching for a way to get organized. A quick tool that I could flip up on-the-go and jot down my thoughts in relation to every other thing that is going in in my business and life. Mindmeister has done that, with braveur. Thank you!

Pros

Easy to use Neat design Responsive (i.e. works well between different apps. Mobile and PC) Free trial

Cons

It would be nice to be able to bend the lines of the mind map manually

Data analysis and group of problems

Good application to capture and store the data point, problem identification and subsequent open thinking resolves the problems

Pros

The software is very good in capturing so many data point and problem reference point. It offload the problems and keeps mind free

Cons

Size of the software- if the size of the software can be reduced

Marcus from Octo Coletivo

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Organize your Stuff

It's been used in the initial phases of our projects to organize and systemize thoughts, to brainstorm and group similar ideas. We use ti to organize the key points of material we are reading, too, and to start schemes that will end up being turned to processes.

Pros

One of the features I like most is the possibility to directly create tasks on MeisterTask. From there, I can take the tasks to our work app, Runrun.it through Zapier.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to keep the layout the way you'd like, because it doesn't let you overlap the items. So, you are forced to stretch the groups.

Reasons for Choosing MindMeister

I started as a free user, but since I started creating many maps, it made sense to purchase it.