• Pros

• "I LOVE this software! I am always forgetting my passwords, and this app allows me to keep track of all my passwords in ONE place. It is so convenient and easy to use. "

• "I love this! It stores so much that I use and makes my life so much easier! Thank you for this! And it's secure!"

• "Very easy to use, and the interface is very clean an unobtrusive."

• Cons

• "Creating new passwords is easy, but the layout and options available can be overly cumbersome at times."

• "Had a few issues with the mobile site but they were far and few. "

• "Not a lot bad I can say. With the most recent version, I find that it sometimes stops working with Chrome and then I need to trouble shoot it. But other than that it's great."

Browse 1Password Reviews

Nate from Texas State University

I'm a very happy paying customer

Pros

I've long had a theory that website's attempts to beef up their security by requiring increasingly more complex passwords has led to a DECREASE in security. There is no way the average human can remember 50+ complex passwords, so they instead do stupid things like writing passwords on sticky notes and/or using the same password across every website they use (meaning that if one is breached, which is inevitable, then essentially they all are). Enter the hero of this sad tale--1Password! I have used this software for years now, and I recently upgraded to the family account to get my wife on board. As a result, I use a different ridiculously complex and secure password for every website I visit without needing to remember any of them. I simply use a keyboard shortcut that will automatically fill in those usernames and passwords for me. I love it. Worried about not having a password you'll need while out and about and away from your computer? Not to worry, they also have great mobile apps that'll take care of you there. Also, how many times have you had to ask your spouse/SO for the username/password for some shared account (e.g., Netflix, Hulu, bank account, etc)? No longer. With a 1Password account, those can now be easily and automatically shared to a common vault. Also worth mentioning is one of my favorite features of any piece of software--it disappears into the background. It just queitly and reliably works in the background with little to no upkeep.

Cons

Honestly, I'm stuggling to think of anything. I work on multiple computers and therefore need things to effortlessly sync between them, and one pain point used to be a sort of fiddly and unreliable sync using Dropbox as a bridge. The syncing is now rock solid (using iCloud, Dropbox, etc.), so is no longer a problem.

Secure and reliable password storage solution

I used to just save my passwords using the browser save and autofill features, but I would inevitably use weaker passwords because I would use different versions of several passwords that I already knew. Now, my passwords are much more secure and each one is unique. I just have to always remember my primary vault password and with access to the 1Password app (through my computer or my phone), I can log into any site that I want. It was also extremely useful for our technical administration of our business because there are so many logins to be saved for our company accounts with all of the different platforms, and it is easy to share these from one user to another in order to give them access to all of our company accounts (for the other executives to have). This is made easy by 1Password by being able to divide my personal accounts into one vault and the main admin accounts for the company in a separate vault that can be shared with another user.

Pros

This is a very secure option for storing passwords, and it syncs well between my computer and my phone. It can also save credit card information to make filling out payment forms quicker, and to be able to save the latest company credit card to make any purchases. There are many other types of entries that you can save in 1Password too that we don't even yet take full advantage of (software licenses, bank accounts, etc.). It is also possible to create multiple vaults, so that you can have a company vault and your personal vault separated. The Google Chrome plugin works great too.

Cons

It sometimes takes longer to save a new login for a new website because the password creation form is on a different page than the username for example. In these cases, I like to log out and log in again to manually update the login entry in 1Password to ensure that it has the correct username, password, and login URL all saved. It's an extra step, but it is worth it once you get used to it.

David from Caledonia Housing

Industry: Facilities Services

Brilliant Software,

Previously we had a password management system which was only accessible on devices within our domain. With 1Password being cloud-based it is accessible, securely, from multiple app options as well as a browser page so gives us much more freedom to visit sites and access any details we need

Pros

The ease of use. It's very simple to administer

Cons

The price is a little high for my liking

Jeremy Brand from Freelance Marketing and Creative Services

Does what it's supposed to, but transition between licensing formats is a headache for individuals

Upgraded security and privacy

Pros

1Password is a solid password manager that's available pretty much everywhere. It's been my manager of choice for quite a while after my last job covered licenses for the whole company. In addition to passwords, it also manages identities and payment methods, which makes filling forms out a breeze. Since leaving that job, I went ahead and sprung for the individual license. Things have been fine up until recently, with their push to 1Password 7. They are clearly trying to move lifetime licensees to a monthly subscription, and it's breaking the software for me in critical ways.

Cons

Despite having a license, the Chrome extension still only runs in "read-only mode" i.e. completed nerfed password tool. Recent updates has made this significantly worse than other password managers on the market. I would have given up long ago had I not already paid for it. Here's an example: Want to create a 1Password account on desktop to sync and save passwords? First sign in on web! Oh, you'll need an account to sign in. Don't have an account? View this FAQ. The FAQ says, enter your secret key. Oh, the Mac version doesn't have a secret key? Looks like you have the wrong version! You need the membership, which costs a monthly fee. And, surprise, now your extension is in read only mode, hope you don't mind we took that away. I don't know if it's their weird decision to fork the Mac app store version from 1Password 6/7 (a move done to extract more money from monthly subscriptions, I'm sure), how they are handling the vault syncing with external services or WHAT, but this once solid tool is growing stale, fast.

Response from 1Password

Replied June 2018

Hi Jeremy Brand, Thank you for reviewing 1Password! I am sorry about the trouble with the Chrome extension. Please try to remove it and then install it using this link: https://1password.com/browsers Let me know if that fixes the problem with the extension for you. Thanks! Best regards, Roustem Founder of 1Password Toronto, Canada

Bryan from Valencia Creative Co.

Secure & Powerful Data Management

1Password is awesome, secure, and reliable. It's a product that I will continue to recommend to friends, family, and business owners. The simplicity it will bring to your life (both work and personal) is truly incredible.

Pros

How would anyone survive without 1Password? 1Password not only makes it easier to capture logins, it's a central hub for all things security. There's peace of mind knowing that this information is easy to access, even while on the go. In a business setting, it's great to have vaults to share with your team.

Cons

At some point, 1Password moved to a subscription model. For cost purposes, I preferred that this used to be a one-and-done price. However, the cost is worth it for ongoing security and reliability.

David C from Doulos

Extremely good password management application

I have 100's of logins on many websites and tools. This allows me to have unique passwords on every site and keep myself safe.

Pros

The ability to have different password databases and have some shared with other members of the team is very useful. Analysis of weak, expired, compromised, reused, expiring passwords is very valuable. The ability to use this application across platforms is unparalleled. Automatic option to fill-in web-site forms is very useful.

Cons

Sometimes the web page fill-in fails because the web site has some inconsistencies on the web page itself. While not an error of the 1Password application itself, it would be nice to have an instant feedback form to report sites with an issue. This would allow the developer to perhaps imporove the response for future visitors.

Ellane from E&R Publications

Industry: Publishing

Can't function on my computer without it!

I can't remember when I first started using 1P, but it was at least 10 years ago. I paid a one-off fee and smugly continued using it without paying any extra even when they moved to a subscription model. I held off and held offbut eventually jumped on-board and paid the very reasonable fee. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! Everything works so much better now, and I am very happy with the support they offer.

Pros

It's smart. It knows when to auto-fill my passwords, when to offer to save or update passwords, and when to keep out the way. It has a simple job to do, and it does it extremely well. When I bought a new laptop, I set it up from scratch and the first thing I set up was 1Passwordit made setting up everything else very quick and efficient.

Cons

At first, things were confusing as I had several vaults and versions of 1Password. It didn't take long to find the documentation describing how to consolidate everything, so now it all works well. I wish I could figure out how to turn on fingerprint recognition for 1P 7 though; at the moment I'm having to enter my password each time I want to unlock it.

Peter from University of St Andrews

Easy to use password management

A very good piece of software, serving most of our team at work and ensuring our accounts and systems are properly protected.

Pros

The user interface of 1Password is great, it's mobile friendly, accessible with good color contrasts and works well across different web browsers. The ability to identify poor passwords and offer good alternatives is very good, this saves considerable time and helps avoid potential security breaches.

Cons

1Password can sometimes be slow to load, this may be due to the face I have a huge number of passwords and data stored.

Romina from Collider Ventures

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

By far my favorite password manager

9/10 times it works perfectly. My team and I use it constantly

Pros

My favorite feature by far is the fact that you can add the 2 step verification to any log-in. This makes sharing SO much easier. I also like that you need a personal key to enter to a new computer.

Cons

In the mac aplication, the toggle doesn't always work. Sometimes it asks me to launch the chrome extension (which is already up), and it still doesn't work.

Blair from Christian Life Fellowship

Super easy and effective

Overall, my experience with 1Password has been excellent and I would highly recommend it to anyone. More apps that simplify a persons life and work are needed in our increasingly complex world.

Pros

Like most people I have the need for several passwords and this program makes is incredibly simple to keep track of them all. I was hesitant at first, but after a few days of use I grew to appreciate this app tremendously. Websites, services, apps, social media all require a password and each have their own idea of what a password should contain (letters, numbers, capitals, special characters) which can make it difficult to remember. This app simplifies all of that. It's easy to use, simple to learn and most of all it just works. I would highly recommend this app to anyone looking to simplify their passwords, save time and have one less thing they need to keep track of.

Cons

There really isn't anything about the software I don't like. It's simple to use, is aesthetically pleasing and effective. I can't think of anything I would change.

simon from UpRight Avenue

Middle of the road software

The features I paid for in 1Password became free in its competitors and they had more features. As a single user, finding the free version of another product beating the paid version of the product I am using was galling. I switched (even when offered the free subscription with another bundled product). For small teams, this product was lacking so many of the features I needed

Pros

This was the clear (to me) leader in the field when I chose to replace the old solution I had fallen into many years back (when I was only concerned with windows desktop/laptops), and looked to a solution for Mac and mobile. As a single user it had all the features I needed.

Cons

It didnt scale well to the use cases I had for multiple users or sharing. It didnt get updated at the speed of other apps on mobile devices. It made it very hard to get my data back out of, to try competitors.

Bhavik from CF

A Great Password Management Solution for Organisation of any size.

My overall experience with 1Password has been very satisfying. The feature set is thorough for personal as well as business use. Also, the teams and business plans are very well priced and involves features like custom roles and groups to organise. Also, it includes an activity tracker which tracks user vault activities that help is better security and privacy.

Pros

The thing I liked the most about 1Password is its availability on most of the popular platforms. It is available on Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and even on Linux. That helps a lot when you have an Organisation with different devices. Also, the user interface is very minimal and straightforward and easy to use. It also offers high end security solutions like 2 factor authentication and many others.

Cons

It is one those software where there aren't many things going against it. The only downside to this great app is the unavailability of a free plan. Also, options for sharing is not available in personal plans.

Bill from ComputAssist

Good if you only need it for web sites

I used a paid subscription for a few months.

Pros

Using it with the Firefox plugin, it was very easy to use. It automatically filled in passwords on frequently visited sites, or offered to create a password and save it on new sites. The full 1Password web site was fairly easy to navigate. You can create as many vaults as needed to organize your passwords. As a tech consultant, I had 26 vaults and 1300 passwords. It handled the volume just fine. My primary intent was to be able to share my own active password database with my customers, giving each access to their vault. For this it worked very well. If not for the problems with the phone app, I would still be using it.

Cons

For anything but web sites, 1Password became harder to use. I needed to be able to enter and look up alarm and door lock codes, account numbers and PINs, and other secure customer information, and do it on my laptop and phone. The phone app was the deal-breaker for me. I had to be careful when switching between the 1Password app and the app to which I was trying to authenticate. 1Password would often close and I would need to re-enter my master password. My alternative, KeepassDroid, stays open for a length of time you can choose, before locking again.

Michael from Stonebridge Church

Love 1Password!

I have loved using 1Password! It has been one of the most functional resources I have used in my line of work.

Pros

1Password has been a lifesaver for me. My memory sucks, and 1 Password saves so much important information for me and has been incredibly secure through the process of protecting my passwords. I love the iOS sharing between devices, and it is amazing to have all your passwords in one place!

Cons

I hate to pay for it, but it's worth it. It isn't much for the subscription, but this is literally the only con.

Andrew from Swarming Technology

Great Password Vault w/ Extensive Features

Overall, 1Password has proven to be a very effective and reliable tool for my business needs. Its universal application amongst our team has substantially upgraded our internal security protocols, and its user friendly admin panel through the web browser makes password management relatively simple. I would highly recommend this product for anyone searching for a password management tool.

Pros

This particular password application is available for PC, Mac, and mobile, and I have been using it for all three types of devices. It has structured templates that make it easy to add, delete, or edit existing logins or banking information. Some of it's more beneficial advanced features include the Watchtower, which identifies weak, duplicate, and expiring password, the Password Generator, which allows you to easily create new passwords, and an advances search which can help you identify where specific passwords or usernames are located.

Cons

While the application is conveniently available via web browser, desktop, and mobile application, each format operates distinctly different. The mobile version, for example, has substantially limited features when compare to the browser and desktop app versions. In addition, organizations or teams can only be managed through the web browser version, which means you need an actually computer to add/delete users or edit permissions.

'Almost' ..... Flawless

For the most part, this app is 'flawless' and is a vital everyday experience on each and every internet visit. You 'must' however, be 'religious' with your execution and interaction with the program... garbage in <--> garbage out. It almost goes without saying.... but just like you should 'organize' and categorize all of your photos, music tracks, file structures.... you still have to keep on top of managing all of your 'secure' information. This app will help with that, but just like the ab cruncher doesn't actually get you flat abs, you still have to do ALL of the reps, every day, for a year or two. I keep 'everything' in the is app. Passports, Drivers Licence, Birth Certificates, Credit Cards... I mean 'everything'...... (including scanned PDF copies of the original documents)... and this is where it gets a bit 'messy'. They 'used' to keep each record with each document embedded, but they recently changed the documents to appear as 'separate' entries with hyperlinks to those documents.... so now, you have to edit in a link to your document, but to get 'back' to your record, you also have to edit in a link back!!!... (not to mention scanning all of your documents).... it's a huge pain in the rear. Plus, you will be continually weeding and sorting duplicate passwords, weak passwords, and compromised passwords. They do include 'tools' to use with this, including sorting by date, so that can make things easier... but if you don't keep on top of it, it gets away.

Pros

Security, All in one place. Don't need to remember more than one password. Multi-Platform (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android), multi-browser (Safari, Chrome, Opera, Firefox etc)... Convenience of having everything with you, all of the time. Makes creating new passwords a breeze, so joining sites etc, is easy.

Cons

Doesn't 'always' work with web pages. Can get 'messy'. Yet another blood sucking leech on your bank account. Your master password needs to be 'strong' (long, multi character, mix of words, numbers, symbols).... and you must continually enter it - unless you have a fingerprint or face recognition option. Limited categories. If you want to keep the make and model of your car for example, you'll have to settle for a 'generic' note... SplashID has 'better' categories.

Probably the best password manager out there. Works across any devices and operating systems.

Great password management for anyone.

Pros

1Password is a great way to manage and generate strong passwords. It is available as a stand alone application for Windows, Mac and Linux, as a browser plugin for most of the popular browsers out there (like Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Brave, etc) and it has native mobile apps for iOS and Android users. Besides generating and storing passwords, it can also store secure notes, credit/debit cards, ftp logins and many others. Its really well thought out and works seamless across all devices. On iOS, it recently got an OS integration where you can autofill within most of your mobile apps which makes the process of sign in very easy and effortless. There is a similar process for Android users also. If you are more conscious of where all this data is stored and trust Dropbox with this precious information, you can keep your vault (the place were all this information is stored), inside your dropbox account giving you more control with were your important data is stored.

Cons

There is no major issue to mention here. I do have to say that pricing is a bit on the up side of things. They moved to a subscription model which its a bit expensive from my point of view. The good thing about their pricing structure is that you can buy a stand alone license for the current major version. This gives you lifetime access to this version and all the incremental updates that come along with it. They are pushing really hard for subscriptions and its harder to actually find how to purchase the stand alone license.

Lucas from Geeks in the Woods

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Benefits of Team Collaboration with Password Management

My twin brother and I are entrepreneurs and have a venture studio. We partner with startup companies and help them build their businesses. Accordingly, we needed a solution where sharing of login credentials and secret notes worked smoothly with robust flexibility for managing user access. After using competing solutions, we realized team collaboration was not a core value of the other solutions. Fortunately, we discovered 1password and all of our desires have been fulfilled. While my brother and I both of our own private login credentials for various services, a vast majority of logins credentials are shared. We soon realized that sharing login credentials with our team members was a fundamental way we operated. 1password provides the best and most secure solution for sharing passwords with team members.

Pros

- Sharing and collaboration are key advantages to their solution while security is still a top priority. Any folder can be easily shared or unshared. Folders can be shared with team members and even a guest. - Flexibility in managing access to vaults. I can create vaults that are by default accessible by other administrators. Thus, I can give my twin brother (an administrator) immediate access when creating the vault. It is just as easy to uncheck the box to give other administrators access which turns the vault into a private one that I only have access to. - Managing user access for team members is easy and intuitive. Once the vault is created, you can click on the settings for the vault from the main dashboard and add team members to have access. Once access is granted to a vault, the team member gets immediate access. Team members dont need to wait around for changes to propagate to their users access. - Editing and using login credential from the website is really easy. I enjoy how you can copy the pass with it being kept secret. Only when necessary, you can easily click a button to reveal the password. This makes it easier to collaborate with team members present while not compromising security.

Cons

- If you have a guest user, they can only have access to one vault. It doesnt say this in the interface, but after a few times of trying to give a guest user access to a second vault and 1pass changing the access to the new vault only and removing access from the old one, I am pretty confident this is the intended functionality that isnt apparent within their UI. - Unable to move an item from one vault to another. Instead, if you want to item an item from one vault to another, you need to create a new duplicate item in the new vault and then delete the old one.

Near-perfect password manager across all of my devices, with a great family account featureset

Dead simple password management, sharing and entry

Pros

Firstly, I love the most basic premise of the tool: password management. 1Password makes it easy to generate secure length passwords on the fly, and then save these on first login. I can then access these passwords on any of my devices that I have connected 1Password to. Recently, there was an upgrade to allow for autofill within mobile apps, which has been an incredible time saver. It is painless to generate new passwords for different services, avoiding the pitfalls of using a consistent password. A year or so ago, a service I use had a password breach - however the password that was leaked was unique to that service which really contained the problem to just resetting that single account. I love the family account features, where me and my partner can keep shared access to the latest credentials for certain non-critical things like food apps or Netflix.

Cons

I have had various versions of 1Password, and at one point had a separate freelance and personal account. Merging things hasn't been super straightforward and at times I do find duplicate entries for sites, which is a bit of guesswork to figure out which entry is the current credentials. I've been cleaning these up as I go, but it would be nice to have some sort of 'de-dupe' feature. I was also having some errors with an older vault format in my newer account. Sometimes when saving credentials, especially from a reset email event, it struggles to save the username with the password, which leads to having to type it in next time. No major problems.

I have used 1Password for several years and it is the single best investment that I have ever made.

I can use complex and unique passwords for each of my 400+ accounts that are password protected. I also use the "Secure Notes" function to store things like encryption keys and software license numbers in case I need to retrieve them for any reason. I cannot stress enough how important this product is and the cost is less than a small coffee at many places.

Pros

In this day and age, when I see people using stupid passwords like their kid's birthday it makes me seriously question whether or not I should give them my data. The best password is so complex that it would be impossible to remember and never repeated for any of your accounts. Four years after buying 1Password, I have approximately 400 accounts each with different passwords that nobody is going to guess. The best part of this software is that there are plugins available for most major web browsers (I use Safari and Chrome). When I come to a website where I need to enter a store password, I simply open the plugin by entering my "1 password" and the software populates the website. I heavily rely on the iPhone and iPad apps which seamlessly sync with the software on my computer. The software will even alert you when you haven't changed a password for a period of time. Furthermore, if you change your password on a website, you will be prompted to update the entry in the Software, which it will do automatically upon clicking "update." In 2018, there is no good reason not to be using a password manager. Remember, I have like 400 password protected accounts and if even one of those companies has a data breach, I'd rather the hackers not get into my bank, credit card accounts, retail accounts, streaming services, and all the other accounts I use. Agile Bits is one of the leading developers in this area and 1Password software integrates well with just about anything.

Cons

It's not free. Seriously all joking aside, there is NOTHING bad about this software. My main gripe would be with developers who require a password that do not integrate with this software given how important it is.

Simply brilliant - impossible to live without.

Pros

Since every site really should have it's own password or so we're told by the security experts. Yet I only need ONE single password to make it all work and make it all secure. Who has the time to make AND remember a secure password for every site? Most people have enough trouble remembering both their email and their login password let alone having separate passwords for every account.. Enter 1password. A simple easy and effective way to generate strong and secure passwords that you need to log into a website these days. Hit a new website that requires yet another password? Open 1password, generate a password and voila. It automatically saves the username and password for you. Coming back another day to log in to said site? Hit two buttons, enter your master password and the rest happens for you. 1password automatically enters the username and password that you've saved previously. When two of the best in the IT Security fields including Troy Hunt recommend 1password, you know that it is very secure. Even better is that now 1password connects to haveibeenpwned.com. That way if your password is revealed to the world by way of a breach, you can find out simply, log in and change the password. This is checked against the constantly updated haveibeenpwned.com database (without sending your password). Can't recommend it highly enough!

Cons

1password v6 was hard to for luddites (and those who have little interest in computers but are forced to use them) to use and understand. Unfortunately I've had to abandon a few 1password deployments due to the users not understanding how to use it. With version 7 this looks to be significantly easier and unlikely to still be an issue.

Incredibly comfortable password manager

1password is an application that offers to be our safe on all sorts of logins, passwords and other private information. Encryption, blocking access with a password and with a fingerprint, help in generating codes of varying length and complexity of our passwords. It's all there. What's more? Easy backup and synchronization with popular clouds. Security, convenience and a multiplatform tool that I can heartily recommend to everyone.

Pros

I've been using 1password only for a week but I love it already. I had no idea how comfortable it is to manage your passwords like this, not to mention security (It was not really safe for me, since i had like 2-3 passwords to all pages before). This software remembers and automatically enters my passwords to web sites and applications on all devices - the only thing I need to worry about is creating and remembering one solid, main password. What's even better - I don't even need this password in the mobile app - my fingerprint lines are enough. This program is able to operate the password generator perfectly, adapting them to the requirements of websites. Apart from the fact that it is convenient, 1password is extremely safe. It also has the ability to audit our secret data. The program checks how long ago I changed my password. Information about the security breach is also monitored, so that I will be able to keep up to date in case my login parameters have leaked and whether they should be updated. What is important, the program also offers a lot of tools that further increase security, including the function of analyzing the strength of the password and the website to which Ilog in (in terms of potential gaps).This software can also, for example, let the user know that a defect has been detected on the site he is logging into, and that it is recommended to change the password.

Cons

Not gonna lie, 1password is quite expensive compared to other password managers. Nevertheless, I think that it is worth paying the price for comfort and safety.

An invaluable password tool

I have had an excellent experience with 1Password. I use the mobile version, the desktop version, and the browser version. It has never been easier to keep track of my passwords and ensure that they are unique and complex.

Pros

This password tool easily allows for switching to complex, random, and unique passwords from the traditional approach of using the same easy-to-remember password everywhere. It also makes it simple to retrieve and populate password fields using browser extensions and sharing entire password libraries with other users is a breeze. It will also warn you when a password has been reused on other sites and when it has been compromised and appears on the web in rainbow tables for use by hackers.

Cons

I'm not a big fan of subscription-based products. Why can't I just purchase the software once and stick with that version until I decide it's time to upgrade? That is the way 1Password used to work, but now they've gone to a subscription model, along with everyone else.

David from Flywheel

Awesome password manager - Highly recommended for all users tech-savvy or not

Recommended for all users tech-savvy or not. You should be recommending password managers to friends, families and businesses to keep your passwords secure and 1Password is one of the best.

Pros

Does one thing great - It looks after your passwords for all your websites! This allows you to create one master strong password to access the 1Password software and then for every site login, you can create a random 64 character plus password which are super secure from brute force and other attacks. The manager also tells you if you have duplicate passwords, how old your passwords are and the "watchtower" feature lets you know if a site/user account may have been hacked and suggests to create a new password (ie. Like the "Have i been pwned" site which you can search your email to see if it has been compromised on a site). Also great for sharing passwords across different teams in an organization, as well as allowing employees to maintain their own separate Personal Vault of passwords in the same application.

Cons

Sometimes in Chrome you need to fully close your browser and/or reinstall the browser extension to get the software working again. Doesn't happen often and generally its likely from Chrome updates, but its only a minor irritant.

Chris from Ther River Church

The best Password Vault

It does so much more than just store passwords. It can quickly generate new passwords, store specific detailed information and is always there with a click or a touch or face id. Very well built.

Pros

The easy of use of this app is amazing. Great plugins, widgets, add-ons, and apps. Easy to access across all of my devices. Easy to share passwords and organize them all. Goes beyond just passwords. IDs, Bank Accounts, Passports, Membership Numbers, etc.

Cons

The cost any be a bit prohibitive. Especially since I have been using this app for over 5 years when it was once free. Would have been nice to get it free since I have been a long time user and beta tester.

Patrizia from Patrizia Gacioppo

Keep your sensible data sound and safe and feel free to forget them

Thanks to 1password I am no longer afraid to forget important passwords, especially the ones related to my work tools. Every day I access multiple platforms and I guess I couldnt do it without 1Password anymore. No more sheets of paper or data saved around!

Pros

1Password is terrible helpful, especially for those who work with multiple platforms and online tools, just like me. By installing the software and its extension you will no longer have any password problems. The only thing you have to do is remembering your master password to access to 1Password and then the game is done. Indeed, the software will storage all your sensible data, from passwords, to payment details and software licenses. Save your credentials is much more easy thanks to the browser extension. Every time you access to a new online account, 1password will ask you to save your login credentials and then, thanks to the ctrl+\ shortcut, it will easily recall your data and auto-fill the credential fields. Its so comfortable. For each platform you are free to save multiple accounts and information, you can also effectively organize your data by setting custom titles to each data series. 1Password has also a useful automatic password generator that saves you having to think about complex passwords, what else?

Cons

Sometimes the shortcut command didnt work, I still dont know when and why it happens. Maybe it is my fault. To proper use the search function you should well organize your name and data in order to avoid any loss of time.

Dewey from Freelance, Self Employed

A MUST HAVE APP

We use 1Password to store passwords for our Adobe, Microsoft, Vimeo and other shared accounts that are accessed by our employees.

Pros

1Password is super simple and secure, allowing our company to store (and internally share) the passwords to our various media and software accounts. The two factor authentication is also great, giving us even more peace of mind when accessing sensitive data. It is also fairly priced. We have tried a few different password storage options and this by far is our favorite!

Cons

I wish that 1Password had some kind of live chat/phone support, as we've run into small issues from time-to-time that took a bit longer to solve than we would've liked. Speaking to a rep over the phone would have made the process much simpler to solve. Otherwise, we love this service!

Rodrigo from University of Edinburgh

Industry: Research

The best password handling solution for all your devices: simple, secure and well integrated

Seamless integration in all my devices, complete control of the information stored, transparent password handling. It is a very recommended software for anyone, especially power users such as businesses.

Pros

The first thing you need in this kind of software is a company you can trust and apps that feel secure : 1Password is basically that. It has an intuitive interface that anyone can use, it is beautiful and well integrated, and by far surpasses the "keychain access" and other built in apps by giving you control of what it stores and synchronizes, and how. I knew of this software because it was featured in one of Apple keynotes some years ago, and you know that when Apple promotes a software (especially one related to security of data) this means business.

Cons

I bought 1password for iPhone and iPad with the old pricing model: buy once and use it forever (I think it was an in-app purchase). I never bought the Mac version because I thought of it as being expensive and the integrated environment for Safari in MacOS didn't justify the price, as I always have my phone with me. Now that the pricing scheme has changed it makes much more sense to have the Desktop version as well, especially if you are a family or a business. There are pros and cons to the pricing scheme but for some power users (again business and families) it's worth the money.

Excellent all in one password program!

I briefly tried Lastpass and quickly switched back to 1Password for my team at work. Put simply, it's just more reliable. I no longer have to worry bout memorizing passwords or password security. I can make my passwords long and complex (and therefore more difficult to hack). Great product with great Apple integration.

Pros

It has from the very beginning integrated very well with my Mac products. I can seamlessly switch between my Mac and iPhone and access my passwords. The FaceID compatibility is a nice touch. I can store secure notes, passwords for all my websites, combinations to locks, credit cards numbers, etc. This information is all stored LOCALLY, which is very important to me. My vault is local only to my machines and isn't stored in the cloud where it might be more vulnerable to hacking. The password generator is a nice feature.

Cons

It would be nice if the password generator was a little easier to use. I can't tell you how many times I've updated a password using the generator and then somehow lost the new password (and 1Password didn't save the old one). The fill and click feature is also a little unreliable. Sometimes the forms will fill in automatically and then click to the next page. Sometimes they won't and will have to be filled in twice. It's a minor gripe, but it could be improved.

Brian from Skyline Design

Password management done right

We are a digital startup, and with that comes so many passwords for all the email and social media accounts, online services, servers just to mention a few. In addition to that, some of these passwords need to be shared amongst teaaam members. 1passwords allows us to do that easily and securely.

Pros

In an age where passwords get compromised every other day, it is quite difficult to keep everything secure while remembering all the different passwords. 1Passwords is exactly that, reduces the passwords you need to remember to just one. You add all you passwords and sensitive information to 1Password, while generating very secure passwords then using browser extensions and mobile phone apps, you can login at the click of a button. I like: - the simplicity of the user experience - the security and peaaace of mind - tells you if your password has been compromised or if you're reusing it - the ability to remember all sorts of sensitive information like files and credit card details - the availability on all platforms

Cons

The one thing that is both a pro and a con is the login process. You need to enter your email address, a 20+ alphanumeric secret key and your master password. To be fair, 1Password has done everything to ensure you can get all these details as faast as possible.

Changed our office

Overall amazing, and I'm pleased at how easy it is to manage passwords and vaults.

Pros

Pros: - 1 password, 1 account but different vaults to keep your passwords organized/separate - Ability to share vaults, and thus decide what passwords should be shared with your team and what are personal, for only the administrative team, etc. - Saves. You. Time. Holy moly you do not have to go through re-setting passwords because you simply don't have to remember a million - Keeps you secure - I trust this product - One of the less obvious pros: you know when you have to sign up for an account with a new platform and they need you to create a password with 20 characters, 1 special character, 2 spaces, 1 number, and it must contain French (okay, I'm exaggerating, but you get the picture) - 1Password will do that for you, and remember the unique and secure password it created so you don't have to.

Cons

Cons: - The learning curve is steep. As much as I would like to, it's not software I would get my mom using just for the sake of it - it can be confusing at first - It's hard to shop around for password-management software. Once you invest, you're kind of committed. If you don't like 1Password, it's going to be annoying to switch.

Emily from Compound

1Password is the 1

Love it. It's the most efficient and easy to use password keeper I've ever used.

Pros

1Password is easy to use and set up new users. The feature that allows for segmenting passwords at levels of access is great. I have sensitive sites specific to HR and Finance and I limit access only to those who are authorized to access those sites. I have passwords stored that are open to all and access various news sites we subscribe to. I also have a set of private passwords. It's really easy to keep organized as a result of this feature. 1Password is very easy to set up and easy for new users to figure out how to use for their passwords and to access existing company passwords. I've come to rely heavily on it and it never fails. I also use it for my personal accounts on my home computer and there is never any confusion as to whether I am login into work or my own account. The way this is done is with a unique master password for each account.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to remember the master password. Sometimes it's annoying to get a popup every time you log in. Other than that no complaints.

Trevor from HubSpot

Can't live without it

Pros

How do you remember the passwords for every website you use? Ask any security professional, and they'll give you the same answer: Don't. You can't possibly remember more than a handful of unique passwords, and re-using the same password across multiple websites leaves you vulnerable to having your account hacked on all of those sites when any one of them suffers a breach. 1Password has been around for years and developed a reputation for reliability (a critical feature for this kind of software!). Password sync seamlessly across all devices you install 1Password on, and its browser extensions let you enter the right password for every site with only a keystroke. And entering passwords that way helps to protect you against phishing attacks, since 1Password will only enter the site's password if the domain is correct. Every version brings smart new updates to stay security-savvy. My favorite recent feature: The built-in "Watchtower," which keeps you apprised of which passwords you may need to change due to reported breaches.

Cons

The search feature can be a little clunky. It's important to title your logins appropriately so that you'll remember how to find them.

Nathan from Dotcom Zambia

My favorite offline password manager

Pros

1Password makes managing passwords easy. I have used this on Windows and Mac and Android for over 2 years and find that once you get past the connecting of online storage options, it is an effective and easy to use password manager. The password creator tool is probably the best feature in my opinion, its remembers what site you created a password for and you can easily go back and edit or change passwords on the fly. Syncing between devices is also a great tool, you always have the latest passwords and login info (as long as you have internet) The extension tools make it easy to log into various sites particularly in Chrome

Cons

Setting up 1Password does require a bit of technical knowledge especially if you choose not to opt for a 1password membership as a vault for your passwords The price is steep especially on Mac, even though it is a one time cost. Syncing is not always accurate. Though the password creator is an awesome tool, it can get messy if you create 2 or more passwords for the same site or login info, it will not automatically overwrite the old info that is no longer valid unless you manually do this. The Safari extension on Mac anyway does not work great.

Jordan from Snappetizing Photography Co.

Industry: Photography

Seriously, don't look any further than this App

I use 1Password on a daily basis and cannot be anymore positive with it. It makes navigating my online accounts easy and secure because you don't share the same password across all accounts. It's auto-fill feature is super reliable and fast.

Pros

-ENCRYPTION ENCRYPTION ENCRYPTION -Synchronisation between all of your devices. -Seamless integration with iOS and 3rd Party apps. -Great Password Generator -Integration with haveibeenpwned.com -Easy to use -Great Organization system That may just look like a feature list, but every single point there is a huge benefit. This is a bit dark, but hear me out... Not many people consider what happens to their accounts/passwords after they pass away. Many families struggle to gather the pieces of information afterwards. If there is information online and they don't have access to the passwords they're in big trouble. With 1Password you can keep ALL of your passwords safe, secure, and private. Plus you can include your Master Password or Print a document of all your passwords and include it in your will-sealed and safe.

Cons

Although not expensive. The monthly subscription adds up over time and alongside all the other subscriptions we have.

Saves me every time I forget!

I love using 1Password because it feels more secure than my previous password storing options and it's quick, simple and easy to use when I need to get a password for something. I am not getting locked out of things as much and I'm finding a way to stay organized, which I love!

Pros

Even though I try to keep my password pretty similar each time I do it, it's sometimes not worth it to guess your passwords on certain sites because you can get locked out. What I like about 1Password is that it's super easy and secure to get in and look up your password for certain software or sites. They have bubbles over the password so that it's not revealed right away and locks you out of the app after 15 minutes. I think it's definitely worth it to have an app like this and I haven't found a better one that 1Password.

Cons

There's honestly not a lot I don't like about 1Password, but the only thing I can really think of is that I'm often wondering how secure it really is. I'm honestly not sure how much it is protected or what would happen if I lost my "master" password. There isn't much information about the app when you login on how they are protecting your information, so that would be nice to know.

Robin from RMF

The best password software!

Being able to pull up a password on my iPhone or laptop quickly is a must in this busy world. I am able to store all my passwords for quick access across a multitude of websites.

Pros

I love 1Password. I use it everyday. I have it linked to my iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro. I never have to remember a password and my info is safe. Accessing my passwords quickly is important and 1Password makes this task simple. 1Password also creates complex passwords to use on the internet, keeping your privacy safe!

Cons

No complaints. The software has met all my needs. It updated regularly with IOS and OSX. I have never experienced any bugs either.

Password peace of mind in a scary security world

The initial setup (going through all the websites and services you use) to update the passwords and add them to your secure vault is a time consuming process, but it is totally worth it. 1Password will also notify users of password dumps from prominent (and less prominent) site hacks. If you have an item from that site, they'll let you know so you can fix it asap.

Pros

I love 1Password and have been a champion of theirs for the last 6 years. I recommend to everyone that will listen to use them as their default password manager. Secure vaults and password recipes make creating secure logins a breeze. Sharing passwords / login credentials with you team (or your family) is also an incredibly useful feature in making sure that your credentials are top notch, but available to those that need them.

Cons

I wish they hadn't gone to the service model as I started using them when it was still just software you purchased, then got free updates one. Thankfully they grandfathered in their existing user base, but it would be a lot easier to convince friends and family to make a one time purchase, versus a continual monthly expense. The software itself is fantastic and couldn't make me happier.

Daniel from EMPACTED

Easy to Secure Your Digital Life

1Password has changed how I use the Internet...for the better. I don't have to worry about which sites use which password. I can set unique specific passwords on every site, and I don't have to worry about all my passwords if one site gets compromised. The interface is super easy to use and all the apps I use (Mac, iOS) integrate seamlessly. There are a lot of password managers out there, but this is the best by far.

Pros

Things I love about 1Password: - The developer is constantly updating the software to keep me safe online - The integration of Have I Been Pwnd lets me know if my passwords have been compromised - Ability to share passwords with family members but keep passwords for me private - Lets me know if a website uses 2-factor authentication if I don't have it enabled - Mobile apps keep me secure when I'm surfing the web on my phone

Cons

Things that could be better with 1Password: - I wish there was a better upgrade path for long time usesr who bought, all the apps, to move to the subscription model they offer now (I spent a lot of money on the Mac apps and then I had to spend more money on the subscription) - Not enough categories for my needs. Wish I could create my own categories -

Lily from Yello

Moved from KeePass to 1Password and love it!

So far I love using 1Password and have found it to be secure and reliable!

Pros

This software seems more secure than other password portals I've used in the past. I love that I was able to easily import all of my passwords via a .csv and didn't have to sit there and manually type them all in when migrating to 1Password. You can also have shared passwords amongst your team/org that everyone may need access to, like the office wifi password that rotates/changes, and your own personal passwords that only you can access.

Cons

The only con I've experienced with this software thus far is that when I imported my passwords they went under the wrong "vault". I had to re-do this a few times to ensure they made it to the right place and also that they were aligned to the right system since it populates in alphabetical order.

John from Roots & Iron

Industry: Architecture & Planning

An Absolute LIFESAVER!

This saves countless hours over the course of a month and continues to do so. Well worth the nominal cost of the subscription.

Pros

Without a doubt, this is probably the most useful subscription-based software I currently utilize. I can't even imagine how many times this has saved me from having to resort to sifting through spreadsheets or Evernote documents. They absolutely love this platform on desktop as well as mobile.

Cons

I honestly can't see that there is anything that I do not like on 1Password. Previously we did experience some syncing issues between the Mac and mobile devices but this had been solved a few years back.

Kandice from ChargeTech

Industry: Consumer Electronics

1Password changed

Pros

So, before they did their most recent update, it was a company FAVORITE!!! But it seems like the update they did made everything a little unclear and it changed so much that it made it almost like you needed to relearn the whole system.

Cons

Due to the update, it has been a huge learning curve relearning the app and we aren't sure that this is the solution for us anymore. We are looking around at LastPass. 9/10 of us use 1Password but 1 person uses LastPass so we may look into it.

1Password is the Password Manager You've Been Looking For

Pros

Where do I begin? 1Password brings peace of mind to a world full of security vulnerabilities while making life so much simpler. Between browser extensions and their mobile app you are always covered with an easy autofill option for all of those daily account sign-ons. With the added ability to store credit card information filling out payment forms has never been easier. When creating new accounts 1Password auto prompts you to create a new password profile helping to ensure that every new profile is accounted for. 1Password is incredibly easy to use while helping ensure you never forget another password again all the while still maintaining top security.

Cons

The only drawback that I can currently think of is the change over to a subscription based service. As a legacy user I don't wish to have to pay yet another monthly or yearly subscription fee just to add a new family member to my 1Password universe. I wish there was the option for a one time fee as well as the subscription option especially for legacy users such as myself.

Aziz from American Foundation for the Blind

1Password for Non Profits

1Password has made my job as an IT admin so much simpler, more efficient, and secure. I'm in charge of a large amount of accounts and with 1Password I'm able to have long, secure passwords without the need to memorize them.

Pros

1Password makes password management much simpler and more secure. It allows us to have much more secure passwords that are unique to each account, without reusing the same password for several accounts.

Cons

1Password still gets confused on some websites and mistakes certain data inputs as a possible password update and prompts for the password to be updated. However this doesn't happen very often.

Marco from Ompi North America - Stevanato Group

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

The ultimate cross-platform password and sensitive data manager!

1Password is on the market since the very early stages of secure password managing apps. It quickly became the reference and set the benchmark for similar software, and still keep its leadership due to some unparalleled features. 1Password is designed to become the hub of any personal information that needs to be secured, not only login passwords. Its highly customizable templates and multimedia capabilities allow to meet any requirements in terms of storage. You can store passport information for all your family member, both feeding specific fields and/or attach a PDF or JPG snapshot of the documents itself. Every record is easily found in 1Password database through powerful search functions, regardless the category where it's stored. The most intuitive feature comes when you are navigating webpages, and 1Password automatically detect when you are filling fields with credentials and propose you to store them. So, you can focus on your activities, and foget that 1Password is there.

Pros

- Several templates ready to use, with highly customizable fields - Intuitive Browser extensions, very effective 1-click auto-completion - Secure cloud-sync - Cross platform (Win-Mac-Mobile)

Cons

- No more one-time license, just monthly subscriptions available

Robbie from Riders Aboard

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

If you don't want to pay a subscription for a password manager, this is the one for you

Pros

They still have a standalone tier, where you pay once for the software and then you own it. Great place to store all your passwords, credit cards, passport, and other important documents and information. Easy access on all devices, and syncs quickly across devices. Integrates into browsers well.

Cons

Wish it would use Touch ID on my MAC to authenticate all the time, have to enter my password so many times each day. Think the look and feel of the software could be improved. They try to push you towards the subscription model.

My most recommended software to friends and colleagues

We were always nervous about sharing passwords by email, Trello etc. We're now comfortable knowing that our most business-critical passwords and data are stored with a single, mitigated point of entry.

Pros

It's supremely reliable and efficient in everything that it needs to do. Plugins are available for all major browsers, and they all work well. The macOS and iOS apps work quickly and flawlessly. They are open about their systems for data storage and encryption. It's just never let me down. Their recent collaboration with Troy Hunt to integrate is just one example of how they work constantly to improve their product.

Cons

It's difficult to criticise 1Password, but I suppose it's slightly too easy to become locked out of their web Team management console. Personally I'm not a fan of the new pay-monthly business model. I sync using iCloud, and software updates are nice, but something I'd rather buy as and when I want to. Thankfully, they honour my original permanent license purchase to this day (that's for my personal use. We have a subscription for our team).

Really great password manager!

This is a really great product that fills a real need for my organization. Before passwords were kept on stickie notes, in random e-mails, or just memorized. Now we can have a central password store so that if anyone who knows any passwords is hit by a bus, we can actually get access to passwords for key systems and services.

Pros

I setup a 1Password account to be used as an account for a non-profit that I'm working for. I sent them an e-mail asking about non-profit pricing, and they responded pretty quickly with some substantially lower pricing on the teams and business product. I provided the necessary documentation to show that I was indeed working for a 501c3 non-profit and they applied the discount to my account quickly. I really like the feature set of the product. I'd say that it's pretty comparable to LastPass in functionality because it provides all of the benefits that LastPass does (mobile app, browser extension, etc). I also like that it provides you with a custom domain for you to login with (it's really great to give this to users). It makes the password manager feel a little more personal. It's really easy to setup vaults, and they have a lot of great pre-loaded categories of password types to use (Login, Web, etc) so I don't need to make my own templates.

Cons

I would say that the only thing that I really don't like about 1Password is the fact that when I login on a new browser and go to add a new password entry, the password generator utility sets itself back to the default settings (that don't include generating password with symbols). I would love it if once you set your preferences for password generation, that it would stay consistent among all of my logged in sessions.

Ben from WACD Media

The Password Manager I Use Every Day

I was always forgetting passwords, or I also used the same exact password. Now I can use more secure passwords and I don't even have to manually type them in.

Pros

I love the 1Password IOS app. It has been my preferred password keeper for at least 3-4 years, and I doubt I'll ever change. I love that it can use FaceID to unlock the app on my iPhone, plus the UI is simple and easy to use. It also has a section for credit cards and notes, which comes in handy. I have 237 accounts stored in my 1Password, and it will autofill these in websites and apps that allow this feature. This beats having to remember your login for hundreds of different accounts. It is fast and simple to add new login information, which means I don't forget to do this each time I setup a new account.

Cons

The only thing that is a little bit confusing is why sometimes I have to enter the master password mainually, and othertimes it will automatically use my face or fingerprint. This is a extremely small announce. Other then that I have no complaints.

It's a game changer for teams

I absolutely love 1password, use it every day. I'm just desperate that one day I'll manage to convince my partner to use it as well! It may seem a bit too complex for non tech-savvy people, but it really is the only way you can protect your passwords efficiently

Pros

The overall concept of password management is a life changer; 1password is the best we found for teams because very user-friendly for anyone

Cons

It is a bit pricy if you want to have more admin control I don't like that you can't share a login across 2 vaults without having to duplicate them: I want to keep my vaults and teams tidy, but sometimes things have to be shared across 2 teams and the only ways are 1) create yet another vault, 2) duplicate the item in 2 vaults