All Dashlane for Business Reviews

YagneshKumar

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2018

Dashlane Password Manager

The benefits for using Dashlane are just amazing the fact that all my passwords are stored in a secure fault that only i can get access to via a master password is amazing. Dashlane has password changes that notifies me if the passwords my are old and needs to be changed, with a single click it changes all password across all websites and sync with all devices. Moreover, Dashlane has very easy to ready UI and the features are straightforward to use nothing is confusing when using dashlane. I would highly recommend users to use dashlane for business which is completely free to try out and no CC required.

PROS

Dashlane is an amazing password manager that i use at my workplace, we have a login into a lot if web applications that require a strong password, so using dashlane i can log-in via a a single click. what i really like about dashlane is that is they a one month free trial to use, and thereafter an yearly subscription. Moreover, dashlane installing process is very quick, it supports all browsers as well as Edge, with the new update recently. Secondly, it requires a master password once you log into the application. Third, dashlane can stored credit cards, notes, receipts, and personal info so it is easier to use when going to websites, logging in, and making purchases. Lastly, dashlane offer quick customer support for any questions or comments, their customer reps are quit knowledgeable in the product and can assist with any issues right away.

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Fine for tech-saavy users, not for non-techies

For me personally DL has worked acceptably well, allowed upgrading of my password security, identified security risks and helped guide my responses to them. For some in our organization who are less technically inclined, it is too much work and causes too much confusion to be worthwhile.

PROS

Fairly easy to deploy, works across devices, support for phone app login was a good addition, notifications of security breaches that affect logins, very simple for simple logins. Extra note field for storing security question responses for a site. Separate Secure Notes entry type for confidential text info like account numbers, banking info etc. Ability to share password info between Dashlane Users. Emergency contact person designation who can receive access in the event of long-term non-use (presumably due to incapacitation).

CONS

Difficulty dealing with multi-step logins (e.g. Google) and when multiple user IDs are needed for a site. Autogenerated password issues: 1) sometimes don't get saved when PW update is in a separate dialog, 2) using symbols is binary choice, whereas most sites limit use to specific characters necessitating a copy/paste to Notepad then copy/paste to website PW fields. Site-specific options (ignore login fields, ignore N&A fields) can't be set for a page, just for a whole site. Results in either barrages of pop-up dialogs on order entry screens or no help anywhere on the site. Searching for a PW entry is difficult, seems to be limited to a 'begins with' search for URL or site name.

Reason for choosing Dashlane for Business

Reviews indicated better app security and stronger features.

Reasons for switching to Dashlane for Business

Better security of app

Sander

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Boy, I am disappointed

We bought this via an IT vendor. I am just concerned that they really didn't thing this product through when they made it. It should be an enterprise version of Chrome password manager, but it just doesn't work right for us right now.

PROS

This product was supposed to help us create better security for our enterprise. Instead it has terrified us that we will not be able to get into the websites we use daily. It is working like a worse version of Chrome password manager on your desktop right now. The websites multiply. The Admin panel disallows me from revoking privileges and passwords don't autopopulate on certain sites meaning that you need to then need go to Dashlane to copy and paste them over. On top of all this they have an app and web login that have certain features you need to do on one but not the other. I wish they'd call me so I this could be cleared up. My IT vendor has been working on this for days. I am really worried this is a product problem. It seems to behave differently on different machines. We are a 100% windows shop running the same software versions etc.

CONS

See above...it isn't working right and I think it's the product...

Reason for choosing Dashlane for Business

We need a fix to enterprise security with shared passwords. This seemed like it would work, but it isn't right now

Grant

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2023

Best paid password manager I have ever used.

This is a great product overall that makes it incredibly simple to keep all my passwords different and secure.

PROS

Dashlane syncs across multiple devices so you can have all of your passwords saved in your browser and also on your phone as a backup.

CONS

Every once in a while the extension does not load properly when starting up my browser.

Reason for choosing Dashlane for Business

I was more familiar with Dashlane from a previous job.

Jason

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Awesome Password Manager

Really happy about Dashlane, I use it dozens of times a day on my Desktop as well as mobile devices. It is my "Go To" password manager and as previously mentioned I strongly recommend it to all of my clients.

PROS

I've been using Dashlane for over 5 years. It is super simple to use and automated. I love the fact that it will autogenerate long, alpha-numeric passwords and automatically save and autofill when logging into websites. I recommend Dashlane to all of my clients so we can easily share a password when needed (for example setting up SAAS, websites, email, etc)

CONS

When using the "Emergency Access" feature the list isn't sorted alphabetically for some reason. Very rarely use this option so it's not really a big deal.

Reason for choosing Dashlane for Business

Ease of use at an attractive price point.

Timothy

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2018

The best among the competition

I love this product and use it daily. If you aren't using a product like Dashlane or 1Password, you've likely already had your login stolen. If you're using the same logins for multiple sites, your identity is in the hands of someone else already, and potentially your credit card info.

PROS

- Absolutely necessary product in the age we live in! - Great integration with iOS! (recent update) - Works great across platforms, including all browsers - Lets you know when a site you use has been compromised - Lets you automatically change passwords with 1 click (sort of) - Safely manages your credit card info, and autofills shipping details - Includes a notes area where you can securely save important notes/details

CONS

- The one-click password changer works for some sites, but I end up needing to do it manually most of the time - Sometimes (especially on mac) it doesn't always recognize that a login field is active, forcing me to refresh the page, or open the Mac app to activate the chrome extension, etc. This is a random bug an I'm not sure what is causing it. For the most part, though, it works well. - I wish it included a file storage section, although you can use Mega.nz for encrypted storing of files if you need that.

Greg

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Great product with lots of features

Dashlane is an amazing choice for password management for teams.

PROS

This is a full featured password management tool. The UI and admin tools that come with it make managing it for the team very easy. Having the funtionality to share a password with other team member without exposing your actual password is a top tier feature we utilize all the time.

CONS

The cost can be a bit pricey, but has more features than many of the other apps out there. My other biggest complaint is that the dashlane popup will sometimes popup in forms and block filling out boxes.

Christopher

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Passwords are hard

My staff has a difficult time with passwords due to complexity requirements and how often they need to be changed. Offering Dashlane gives them a single password to remember. It also allow for VPN when connecting to unsecure wi fi, particuarly at hotels when on business trips.

PROS

The integration of Dashlane with iOS devices and the updates made by Apple make this the perfect companion for iOS devices. We are in an age where security of our personal and business information is paramount and creating secure passwords that aren't repeated can be daunting. Dashlane removes much of the problem with this. Additionally, being able to add passwords to non-internet accounts and storing payment information has been extremely valuable. The VPN also help in my sense of security. So much Wi Fi and so little of it secure. I can feel safe when using my devices on Starbuck's public wi fi.

CONS

There really aren't any cons that I have identified.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Would rate higher, but no way to edit a user's email whilst retaining passwords

Generally usable, but expensive per user licencing considering lack of interest in implementing enhancements to support business users.

PROS

Sign in on Chrome to websites works well. Password history and sharing of passwords useful even though sharing options are poor.

CONS

Calls itself Dashlane for Business, but does not have deep understanding of Business user needs. When a staff member has a change of primary account name (eg: change of name) Dashlane should allow us like every other app to change the email linked to the account.

Reasons for switching to Dashlane for Business

multiuser account

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Dashlane Business--Handle all of your passwords, securely and with ease

I have well over 100 passwords, and the era of "using one you can remember" is long over. In fact, you need "horrible" long passwords that cannot possibly be remembered. While there are other password managers out there, none is as good as Dashlane. Go ahead and try the others. You will choose Dashlane for sure.

PROS

Works well in nearly all situations. That is, log-ins generally run without problems. Secure, and will sync your password data across all of your devices. Also provides notice of breaches, and if your established passwords are too "lame."

CONS

Auto form-filling can be annoying in certain contexts. Best to first copy your new password to the clipboard, since under certain circumstances, Dashlane will not always remember it. You can use in conjunction with a free program such as Password Generator.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Easy way to secure and access credentials

PROS

It is the best way to secure passwords and it is providing VPN service also that is really great at free of cost for free plan users. As i am working in an organization it is my responsibility also to keep client credentials safe, Dashlane helping me to secure credentials and access them in safe way that is really good.

CONS

The only dislike i have is we can use only one device is permitted with free plan. Apart from that there are no dislikes.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2019

Reliable password manager with secure notes and sharing

PROS

Dashlane is a well-established and trustworthy password manager. It comes with convenient browser integration allowing to generate & save passwords of new accounts, as well as automatically logging-into existing ones. Other form fields are also filled based on your personal information. Password security relies on a 'master' password, and optional two-factor authentication. Data is synchronized easily between devices (except on the free plan), with an encrypted backup stored on Dashlane's servers. Beyond passwords, Dashlane can store all kinds of sensitive information such as identity documents, means of payment, bank accounts, software licenses, and other notes. It is possible to share an account password with another Dashlane user, or even set an 'emergency contact' which may receive access to your passwords if requested, and after a delay without action on your part. Among the newer features, the 'Identity Dashboard' summarizes password security, including insights on which accounts may be at risk due to security breaches. Related or reused passwords are highlighted for renewal.

CONS

The autofill features sometimes have trouble detecting which field should receive which info, in which case the entry must be fixed manually. On macOS (at least), the client often needs to be started again after rebooting the computer, otherwise no window would show.

Reviewed April 2021

Definitely a helpful, important tool to have

Every now and then it might be a bit buggy but overall I am happy with Dashlane and they provide a service that is a must-have for all of us in the world of the internet.

PROS

- I really like the password health functionality they have where they notify you of passwords that might be compromised (ie. after the discovery of a security bug in Spotify) as well as passwords that are weak and/or repeated often. As you fix the issues, your PW health improves and an account admin can also monitor the pw health of the whole team. - Their support team really tries to help. - The software now also knows my address details and such which makes online shopping much more seamless.

CONS

It's a shame that they are discontinuing the Dashlane app you could have on your computer and it will solely be a browser extension. However, I understand why they do this as in the past I've used the computer app to change lots of passwords (in an attempt to fix my pw health score) however there was an issue when trying to sync between the app and the browser extension (and mobile app). While their customer support was helpful unfortunately all the changed pws were lost to me and I had to start all over.

Reviewed August 2022

Good choice for larger companies

PROS

We decided to use Dashlane for our whole team. It became a necessity to find a good password management software once we reached 70 people, and more. It is quite hard to set up everything but once you are used to it, you realize it's really a great tool. We have teams which each have their own vault. And each employee can also create their own.

CONS

It is quite expensive and there are a lot of other options out there, but this one is the best for us right now.

1 employee

Reviewed December 2020

There’s no better way to keep track of your passwords than this app!

A secure and organized way to keep track of your many passwords. You don't have to remember any of them and manage your online accounts with peace of mind effectively.

PROS

Dashlane is very easy to use and just the perfect app to keep track of your passwords, renew them every so often, and be assured of unique and secured login details. The design is also very straightforward and intuitive, unlike some of its competitors that tend to confuse the user than to help. It is also a highly rated app that makes you confident about your online accounts' security, especially the ones that deal with finances.

CONS

The initial setup can be a bit difficult to manage, but you just have to clearly understand the instructions so you can maximize its full features. Its browser plugin can occasionally send pop-ups to save passwords even if you just did save the passwords.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2019

Cannot live without Dashlane

PROS

I’ve been using Dashlane for 2 years now and I would not be able to browse the internet without it. All passwords are well stored on my MacBook, iPhone and any pc I use. I love the fact that they offer a free vpn service as well and the fact fact that you can designate a loved one to have access to all your passwords in case something happens to you.

CONS

They have an Apple Watch option which I’m not sure how to use.

Stuart

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Useful but inflexible and poor service

Average .. and in the end the frustrations that Dashlane caused and their service team's inability to help led us to shift to Nord

PROS

a simple to use platform that works (mostly)

CONS

(i) poor and very slow service with no real interest in getting to the bottom of issues.. particularly for unusual issues. Also have a theme of not taking responsibility for problems they cause. (ii) sharing functionality is weak and hard to use (particularly if share a large number of items... you can not search and sort them easily)(iii) change your email address leads to highly frustrating problems as your user name is always welded to the first email address you use

William

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

The best password saving software out there

With all the data breaches nowadays, having multiple passwords makes it easy to address that problem. Whoever you have the data breach with, you just change that password instead having to change the password in multiple places if you use primarily one password.

PROS

You can have the software save encrypted passwords that can be easily accessed for your computer or cell phones. I have over two hundred different passwords. They also have other features. One is to save payment information, another you can save personal "IDs" like driver's license or passport information. You also have access to a VPN.

CONS

No complaints. Zero. They continue to add additional features so they are always working to find ways to assist their customers.

Marcos

Newspapers, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Just one password

The experience could not be better. Dashlane allows me to have maximum security on all my accounts with minimal effort and keeps me up to date on any security breaches that I have suffered

PROS

Dashlane allows the management of all your passwords, which today represent an infinite amount of information, with only one password to access or the use of FaceID. This allows you to have different and secure passwords and avoid the use of repeated passwords, with the consequent security risk.

CONS

I practically cannot find any problem, if anything and to point out some inconvenience, that the paid version is needed to be synchronized on different devices

Tristan