• Pros

• "It's easy to use and is great across almost all platforms. I like being able to update in on my laptop and use it immediately on my phone. "

• "I use the for personal and work. This has changed my life. No more sticky notes all over my desk with all my different passwords. This has literally made my job so much easier. "

• "Love the protection with this software. It's great on mobile and desktop. The VPN is also great for when I'm working in coffee shops."

• Cons

• "I like the password changer, but it doesn't always work on every site so in those instances, you have to change them manually. Small complaint, but a valid one."

• "Sometimes it is a bit slow in opening up but not a big deal."

• "It is a little pricey, but I always think it is well worth the price."

Browse Dashlane Business Reviews

Thomas from Polarhide

Lifesaver in daily business transactions. One caveat: Activating Dashlane on iPhone is clunky.

See my Dasjhlane review on Capterra

Pros

It is a very powerful app. If you need a new password, Dashlane is your go-to app. It auto-generates very strong passwords, indicates the strength of the password, stores it very securely to be recalled at will. Dashlane automatically fills in your ID and password as soon as you enter a web page that demands your ID and password. Dashlane takes you through all the clutter and gets you to the landing page (amazingly easily). Dashlane does all the work. Dashlane really helps with problems with accessing a website. For example, I needed to access a state government website that I had accessed successfully many times before but it would not grant me access with Dashlane. I did not have to go through the usual routine of beating myself up for forgetting my password because I knew it was in Dashlane. After speaking with their tech support ("maybe you forgot your password" we will send you a new one in an email). I did not feel like going through that routine so I insisted I was right about my password. Turns out that something was down at their end when I tried to access the site and when that was fixed my original password worked. ) This routine has happened on many tech support calls and saved many cycles of wasted conversation time. Coolness: I scanned down to the end of the page of this review where my name and email is entered automatically by Capterra (verification) and there is my Dashlane icon waiting in each window to be called on.

Cons

I am so happy with Dashlane on my computer I increasingly began to need Dashlane on my iPhone. It may be me, but just accessing Dashlane was very involved and I could not get it to work like I could do with ease on my PC. I have had very polite support from Dashlane, at least three times over the last 6 months but I simply do not get the lack of smoothness of access on the iPhone versus the friction-free access with the app on my PC. I have had Dashlane 4 years and I use it heavily every day except on my iPhone. I am still mad about that. I need my iPhone Dashlane!

Miguel from Plant With Purpose

Industry: Environmental Services

Meets our needs!

Our overall experience is satisfactory. We know there is no perfect system out there but Dashlane vs the competition has the upper edge and have really thought things through. I do hope they continue to innovate and improve different features.

Pros

Our organization has the Business Account with Dashlane and we love the control features that come with that. It's nice being able to control user account in the case that an employee leaves. We also like that a VPN option is available. Below are other pro's of using dashlane - Love it's security features and multi-factor identification. - Synchs with top web browsers - Can create a business and personal passwords. In the case you leave, you can keep your personal passwords with you. - Ability to check password health and identity checks to see if your passwords have been compromised - Great for sharing passwords with other users and giving them controls when needed - Pricing is very competitive and the best I would say (for all the features you can get)

Cons

Below are our cons with the program - For VPN users, you have to manually activate the VPN anytime you want use it. But thats like 99% of other companies out there that offer VPN. - Can be glitchy at times, but less and less with time i have noticed. Maybe 1/70 times theres a subtle glitch but nothing too crazy. - The interface application could look more modern and have better viewing formats for passwords.

CHRISTOS from FOUND.ATION

Robust Password Manager

Dashlane is one of the best Password Managers out there. Both the personal and the business accounts work very well and they offer the kind of security you'd expect from such a platform. Overall I suggest to try it.

Pros

The chrome extension is very easy to use and adds a lot of functionality.

Cons

At an admin level, it can get a bit complicated to manage access and transfer of password.

Reasons for Choosing Dashlane Business

I used both products for a period of 6 months to decide which one works for me and my business

Alexa from freelance

Keeps my passwords secure without me having to try very hard

I was starting to become more concerned about privacy but didn't know where to begin. I literally kept my passwords in a note on my computer and reused them all the time...very bad behavior. It took a bit to get it set up properly and import & update all of my unsafe passwords, but once I got everything set up it has been a dream. Syncing passwords across all my devices saves me so much time and effort.

Pros

I like that it helped whip me into shape with my bad password habits, calling me out on the repeats and insecure ones. It lets you paste & sync across devices with the paid version which is a total lifesaver. I've tried the sharing version too and it's the only password manager I have been able to get work for sharing. Not having to type or remember passwords is so helpful and it makes me feel far more secure that my passwords aren't too short, repeated everywhere, or left in an easily accessible note. It cured a lot of my bad security behaviors.

Cons

It can be a bit glitchy sometimes, and a bit in your face asking to save things like credit card numbers and other autofill details. Sometimes it doesn't save a password or gets wonky and logs me out, or otherwise acts up. Some websites I have in keychain still show up, so it can be annoying trying to pick the Dashlane box with the keychain one over it--that's probably my fault and I just don't know how to disable keychain now.... I referred Dashlane to my boyfriend so I could share passwords, who is far less techy than me and spends a lot less time on the web, and he did not like it as much. He complained a lot about needing to pay for more passwords and syncing, and that the pop-ups drove him nuts. I was all-in when I started using it, so I guess that made a difference. If you aren't willing to do the initial setup work to get it set up right, you might not like it as much. Once it is set up it is great, but you have to get everything in there properly first.

Reasons for Choosing Dashlane Business

I tried to use LastPass for a client that needed to share a password with me and it never worked. I gave up and kept using Dashlane.

Dewey from Freelance, Self Employed

Good, But Lacking Compared To Competition

We ended up only using Dashlane for about a week until we decided to switch to 1Password.

Pros

My favorite feature of Dashlane is the ability to change all (or some) of your passwords at once. This is especially useful for a business that utilizes accounts that are accessed by multiple employees.

Cons

There were a few caveats that made us stop using Dashlane. Firstly, there are no folders, making it hard to manage our 50+ different account passwords and impossible to share specific folders with different media departments. Also, the price is higher than the competition, which makes it a bit unappealing when compared to something like 1Password (especially because they don't offer any multi-user plans on their lower price tiers).

Phil from SherWare, Inc.

Industry: Oil & Energy

You need a password manager and Dashlane is a great choice

We couldn't function with out using Dashlane for managing all our passwords. Until there is a better alternative for security than passwords, you need a password manager and Dashlane works well.

Pros

It is great that we can share passwords between team members or groups of team members. We also have access to the passwords and login info on our mobile devices.

Cons

Sometimes the Chrome plugin gets very slow and it seems that only a reboot will clear it up. There is no warning like high cpu use or anything. It just doesn't auto fill passwords anymore.

Dashlane Business Review

Overall, Dashlane is a great password management and creation software. It makes sure that I am safe online which is important in my industry.

Pros

Dashlane is an established and trusted password manager. It makes it easy to manage multiple passwords, and also generates very strong passwords which is important in our business.

Cons

The only downside is if you have multiple credentials for one website, Dashlane will autofill for one credential which can make it time consuming to delete and reenter the correct details. This is a minor inconvenience for the features that Dashlane offers.

John from Securly

The first line of defense in cyber security

Overall I've been quite happy. It seems to be getting better as well. I will continue to use it and renew regularly

Pros

I like the ability to generate strong passwords with ease, its ability to scan the dark web for any misuse, and autofill addresses and payment information - Securely.

Cons

Sometimes passwords don't sync or I change a password and it doesnt update properly. It also can be a pain when say Safari and Dashlane want to autofill at the same time.

Bhanu from Icidigital

Dashlane Business

My overall experience with Dashlane Business was Excellent. It is a secure and great productivity tool.

Pros

Dashlane set of features is great and really gained my trust. It offers secure notes which are very useful. It feature of crawling the dark web and warning users about their account risk is awesome.

Cons

Dashlane Pricing is a bit high for syncing across different devices. It could have more features of integrating with other platforms.

Delaney from Conquer + Flourish

Great but doesn't always work automatically

I do recommend this product to others even with some flaws.

Pros

Cons

On desktop, sometimes the login and password will auto populate but most times, at least for me, it will not. I have to copy and paste most times. It's great to store client information that I'm required to protect.

Cost + VPN

Great tool to keep your passwords secure at one place

Pros

This tool works great when you are dealing with lots of passwords on a daily basis. It comes to a point where remembering all passwords you need to use every day becomes an impossible task. Noting them down on a document on your computer or on a post-it is definitely not the most secure solution and here's where Dashlane comes to save the day. You now only need to remember one password that will unlock all the other passwords that you save on Dashlane. Once you have it open and running on your computer, it will help you auto-login as long as the password has been already saved there which means you don't even have to type anything. The tool does not only serve as a password storage but can also help you with generating new strong ones when you need to create new ones. As well as passwords, the tool also works with credit cards and with forms, so that you don't have to fill those details anymore, which can become a very tedious task. You can update the stored information at any point as needed.

Cons

There are times when you have more than one credential for a given site and the tool might automatically sign you in with one of them that might not be the one you needed at that moment. Specifically, I'm thinking test users on development tools. Also, on given sites where there are fields to enter, the tool really does not know what they are for and tries to fill them in with the option it thinks is best, but that might not be the case. As an example, I'm referring to fields that serve as filters for a given list. Having something entered there is not ideal as you may not need to filter anything but the tool keeps trying to fill the field anyways, even when you keep deleting whatever Dashlane entered there.

Reliable password manager with secure notes and sharing

Pros

Dashlane is a well-established and trustworthy password manager. It comes with convenient browser integration allowing to generate & save passwords of new accounts, as well as automatically logging-into existing ones. Other form fields are also filled based on your personal information. Password security relies on a 'master' password, and optional two-factor authentication. Data is synchronized easily between devices (except on the free plan), with an encrypted backup stored on Dashlane's servers. Beyond passwords, Dashlane can store all kinds of sensitive information such as identity documents, means of payment, bank accounts, software licenses, and other notes. It is possible to share an account password with another Dashlane user, or even set an 'emergency contact' which may receive access to your passwords if requested, and after a delay without action on your part. Among the newer features, the 'Identity Dashboard' summarizes password security, including insights on which accounts may be at risk due to security breaches. Related or reused passwords are highlighted for renewal.

Cons

The autofill features sometimes have trouble detecting which field should receive which info, in which case the entry must be fixed manually. On macOS (at least), the client often needs to be started again after rebooting the computer, otherwise no window would show.

YagneshKumar from ProfitSword, LLC

Dashlane Password Manager

The benefits for using Dashlane are just amazing the fact that all my passwords are stored in a secure fault that only i can get access to via a master password is amazing. Dashlane has password changes that notifies me if the passwords my are old and needs to be changed, with a single click it changes all password across all websites and sync with all devices. Moreover, Dashlane has very easy to ready UI and the features are straightforward to use nothing is confusing when using dashlane. I would highly recommend users to use dashlane for business which is completely free to try out and no CC required.

Pros

Dashlane is an amazing password manager that i use at my workplace, we have a login into a lot if web applications that require a strong password, so using dashlane i can log-in via a a single click. what i really like about dashlane is that is they a one month free trial to use, and thereafter an yearly subscription. Moreover, dashlane installing process is very quick, it supports all browsers as well as Edge, with the new update recently. Secondly, it requires a master password once you log into the application. Third, dashlane can stored credit cards, notes, receipts, and personal info so it is easier to use when going to websites, logging in, and making purchases. Lastly, dashlane offer quick customer support for any questions or comments, their customer reps are quit knowledgeable in the product and can assist with any issues right away.

Jason from BrightAdvice.com

Awesome Password Manager

Really happy about Dashlane, I use it dozens of times a day on my Desktop as well as mobile devices. It is my "Go To" password manager and as previously mentioned I strongly recommend it to all of my clients.

Pros

I've been using Dashlane for over 5 years. It is super simple to use and automated. I love the fact that it will autogenerate long, alpha-numeric passwords and automatically save and autofill when logging into websites. I recommend Dashlane to all of my clients so we can easily share a password when needed (for example setting up SAAS, websites, email, etc)

Cons

When using the "Emergency Access" feature the list isn't sorted alphabetically for some reason. Very rarely use this option so it's not really a big deal.

Reasons for Choosing Dashlane Business

Ease of use at an attractive price point.

Timothy from Blueprint VC

The best among the competition

I love this product and use it daily. If you aren't using a product like Dashlane or 1Password, you've likely already had your login stolen. If you're using the same logins for multiple sites, your identity is in the hands of someone else already, and potentially your credit card info.

Pros

- Absolutely necessary product in the age we live in! - Great integration with iOS! (recent update) - Works great across platforms, including all browsers - Lets you know when a site you use has been compromised - Lets you automatically change passwords with 1 click (sort of) - Safely manages your credit card info, and autofills shipping details - Includes a notes area where you can securely save important notes/details

Cons

- The one-click password changer works for some sites, but I end up needing to do it manually most of the time - Sometimes (especially on mac) it doesn't always recognize that a login field is active, forcing me to refresh the page, or open the Mac app to activate the chrome extension, etc. This is a random bug an I'm not sure what is causing it. For the most part, though, it works well. - I wish it included a file storage section, although you can use Mega.nz for encrypted storing of files if you need that.

Brad from Crisp

Industry: Restaurants

Generally Good password manager w/ some flaws

When you're running a small business you naturally use A LOT of different softwares. As a result it can be a challenge to remember how to access each of them all and keep them secure. Dashlane makes this relatively easy. One huge benefit I've found from using Dashlane is that when you are a small startup, you can't afford to pay expensive per user up-sells that many Saas products charge. And often there is no definitive benefit for having multiple users. So the ability to share passwords with my partners saves us money and makes it easy to organize and share our passwords. Dashlane also makes it easy to onboard new employees, as all of our software we use is all in one place. So you can browse through each piece of software upon on-boarding and determine the relevant platforms a new employee needs to be on-boarded to.

Pros

Dashlane makes it pretty easy to save and share passwords for later and with co-workers. I like that they give the option to download a mac/windows app to easily go in and see/use your passwords. It's also helpful to be able to have a central location to manage all passwords. And price point is much better than many of the other password managers that are way overpriced.

Cons

The Layout/overall user experience of Dashlane isn't my favorite. It can be hard to understand how passwords are shared and I often didn't share correctly or how I wanted to. And viewing your passwords isn't as intuitive/easy to organize as other password managers I've used, but Dashlane's about the best I've found for the value.

manage your passwords with ease

manages passwords and automatically logs you in. Even allows for multiple logins to the same site (which is useful on occassion). tAkes the stress and pain out of managing multiple passwords (I have over 200)

Pros

I have over 200 passwords and like most tried using the same password (not a good idea) or keeping a written list (also a bad idea). Now I can choose a password and get prompted to ensure it's secure, or let Dashlane pick one for me. Either way, it's saved for auto-population for later use. No more remembering did I use upper case or lower case? Did I add numbers and symbols, etc.. This takes all the guess work out and ensures a secure password is used. It also provides reminders of how long you've used the password (and to change it if needed). and one of the best features is you can use it across multiple devices.....

Cons

At times there have been some sync issues across devices, but this has been rare. It is frustrating when it happens, but fortunately it has only occurred a few times over a couple of years.

Good password manager to simplify storage and sharing of sensitive information

Save and manage all of our passwords and credit cards

Pros

I tried several different password managers before settling on Dashlane for our small marketing team. With so many vendors and site logins, it is a nightmare to try and keep all our account login information secure, much less remember it. Dashlane simplifies managing all of that information. It securely stores company and personal contact information, credit cards, receipts, and account login information behind a single master password. Access can be granted to team members on as-needed basis, and sharing passwords is made simple for admins. It has a built in strong password generator, and can auto-change passwords in bulk in case you want to lock out someone who had access or if you are afraid security has been compromised.

Cons

Sometimes the app or the browser extension quit working, or won't offer to save my password. It also doesn't seem to work for desktop applications automatically, only websites and online forms. The pricing to me is also a little high, but it does save you a lot of time and security headaches.

Christopher from Genesee Health Plan

Passwords are hard

My staff has a difficult time with passwords due to complexity requirements and how often they need to be changed. Offering Dashlane gives them a single password to remember. It also allow for VPN when connecting to unsecure wi fi, particuarly at hotels when on business trips.

Pros

The integration of Dashlane with iOS devices and the updates made by Apple make this the perfect companion for iOS devices. We are in an age where security of our personal and business information is paramount and creating secure passwords that aren't repeated can be daunting. Dashlane removes much of the problem with this. Additionally, being able to add passwords to non-internet accounts and storing payment information has been extremely valuable. The VPN also help in my sense of security. So much Wi Fi and so little of it secure. I can feel safe when using my devices on Starbuck's public wi fi.

Cons

There really aren't any cons that I have identified.

Michael from Interscan Corporation

Dashlane Business--Handle all of your passwords, securely and with ease

I have well over 100 passwords, and the era of "using one you can remember" is long over. In fact, you need "horrible" long passwords that cannot possibly be remembered. While there are other password managers out there, none is as good as Dashlane. Go ahead and try the others. You will choose Dashlane for sure.

Pros

Works well in nearly all situations. That is, log-ins generally run without problems. Secure, and will sync your password data across all of your devices. Also provides notice of breaches, and if your established passwords are too "lame."

Cons

Auto form-filling can be annoying in certain contexts. Best to first copy your new password to the clipboard, since under certain circumstances, Dashlane will not always remember it. You can use in conjunction with a free program such as Password Generator.

Cannot live without Dashlane

Pros

Ive been using Dashlane for 2 years now and I would not be able to browse the internet without it. All passwords are well stored on my MacBook, iPhone and any pc I use. I love the fact that they offer a free vpn service as well and the fact fact that you can designate a loved one to have access to all your passwords in case something happens to you.

Cons

They have an Apple Watch option which Im not sure how to use.

Scott from Genpact

This is the best and most secure password manager. Period.

I use Dashlane to securely store all of my passwords and to create very strong passwords for my accounts. The sync features also makes logging into my account across my devices easy.

Pros

Dashlane is the best password manager out there. I've used several others, and I can confidently say Dashlane beats them all. From the very neat and intuitive user interface to the ease of use, this software is just awesome. The autofill option works like charm. That makes logging in very easy and painless. Another wonderful feature is that it seamlessly syncs my passwords across all my devices, making them available in whatever platform I'm using.

Cons

Aside the price, there's really nothing to complain about since I never expected such a wonderful software to come so cheap.

Tab from Hugging the Coast.Com

Industry: Publishing

Quality encryption and Breach Alerts help make this the best password manager

Saves us from having to remember (and type) dozens of passwords.

Pros

Quality encryption helps make this the best password manager...I especially like the Security Dashboard feature which alerts you when a company might have experienced a password breach so you can quickly change yours. (Often before the companies themselves privately notify us or alert the media.) We use Dashlane on the web (on our Chromebooks), desktop, and Android phones. A great feature is their Emergency option which allows you to give anyone you select access to particular secure notes and/or passwords they might need if an emergency arises. (We operate in a hurrican prone area so this provides peace of mind.)

Hannah from WSU

Dashlane is amazing for password security

Dashlane is a password protection app that every business and individual should invest in. Virtual security is not something to take lightly and should be protected at all costs.

Pros

Dashlane is a must-have for password security. You can store an unlimited number of passwords, snd add emails, security questions, and other notes to each password to make sure you have all the information in one spot. Dashlane also allows you to store secure documents and sync your passwords to your device so they auto-fill on your web browser when you log in.

Cons

I had a hard time trying to initially set up two-factor authentication for Dashlane. They could make the process for that easier to find. Other than that, the software is foolproof.

Only mildly annoys me while getting the job done

My company pays for it but I'm not impressed.

Pros

- it auto fills my log in and passwords - will automatically generate strong passwords

Cons

- For whatever reason, there does not appear to be an option to add choose the phone number you use to autofill forms. Sometimes I need people to contact my office number, sometimes my cell. Overall Dashlane's form autofill annoys me. - Dashlane can be glitchy on certain websites. When this happens, I experience problems such as having to reload a page 20 bajillion times or turn dashlane off. -Dashlane automatically signs me out of my account multiple times a week. I have no idea why. I am the sole user on my computer. It's pretty frustrating. - I work at a consulting firm. We have numerous clients. Hence, I run into this specific issue with Sharepoint websites with similar set ups: Dashlane is unable to tell the difference between clients' Sharepoint login portals. I have to fight with Dashlane to turn it off, look up the password info for each client's Sharepoint portal and proceed.

William from Smooth Sailing Indices, Inc.

The best password saving software out there

With all the data breaches nowadays, having multiple passwords makes it easy to address that problem. Whoever you have the data breach with, you just change that password instead having to change the password in multiple places if you use primarily one password.

Pros

You can have the software save encrypted passwords that can be easily accessed for your computer or cell phones. I have over two hundred different passwords. They also have other features. One is to save payment information, another you can save personal "IDs" like driver's license or passport information. You also have access to a VPN.

Cons

No complaints. Zero. They continue to add additional features so they are always working to find ways to assist their customers.

Don from Sand Springs United Methodist Church

Dashlane Saves the Day!

Pros

With all the places I go that require passwords, my brain would explode if I tried to keep track of them all. Dashlane manages every password, helps to generate very strong passwords, and it frees my memory banks for more important information. Then it also keeps track of all my IDs, credit cards, and other secure data. With autofill, I almost never have to enter information into forms on the web. Shopping is really simple!

Cons

I've had a little difficulty with the automatic password changing routine; it may be my fault. I'd like a "search" function to go to specific apps quickly, no you have to scroll through everything to get what you want.

A blessing for the forgetful!

Dashlane Business is great way to share passwords with other employees for websites that everyone on your team uses. Also, you are able to separate your personal passwords/info from your work passwords, which is the best part!

Pros

Dashlane is very helpful for remembering the hundreds of passwords that we use on a daily basis, especially when you want to have very hard to crack passwords for different websites. I'm able to have a different password for each website and Dashlane keeps track of it all for me. I also love that I can save all my credit cards and bank info in it, so that I can checkout easily on payment platforms and online shopping websites.

Cons

I have had times that Dashlane didn't update a password automatically that I changed on a certain website, which I don't catch until then next time I try to get on that website again.

For Those With Too Many Passwords

Overall, this has been one of my favorite purchases. I am simply saving a ton of time.

Pros

This solution makes it so easy accross the board on any device. It helps rememebr my own and my clients logins and passwords and quickly. No more navigated to a secure area to copy and paste. And Dashlane's security features let you know when a site you belong to has been compromised or if any of your passwors woudl be too obvious. You may even create secure passwords with their system. No need to pull out your credit cards anymore. You can even store card info for ease of access.

Cons

Sometimes the alerts a re a bit sensitive. Better safe than sorry, I suppose.

Iain from Iain Smith Coaching Ltd

Has made my passwords safe and easy

Securit, ease of use and quicker log in times with better accuracy.

Pros

Firstly I really love that I now have safe passwords for all of my many accounts, rather than doing what most people do and using one single password for everything and hoping for the best. Secondly I am so happy that these high quality passwords are always available on my Mac or my android phone, and pop up as autologin options whenever I want to log in to something. Really easy to use. And my better half likes it too.

Cons

The android app that opens other apps can sometimes have trouble finding the right information. Having said that I mentioned this to support and they asked me for examples so they could get to work on it. I spent 30 minutes trying to find one before I realised that they've either upped their game again, or that I was mistaken.

Tristan from Cloudbakers

Great for personal use

Dashlane was great are the time that we purchased it, offering an affordable password manager that allowed sharing. But it failed to scale with us and deliver features that were promised so that we could grow as a business.

Pros

Dashlane offered a low price point for personal password manager. It's great for individual use, but it struggles to scale.

Cons

There are no integration points for businesses. No API is available, the Chrome experience is lacking, so users are forced to use desktop machines rather than something like a Chromebook.

Reasons for Choosing Dashlane Business

Dashlane, at the time, offered password management for individuals as well as access to sharing features for secure password management of shared credentials. In our business, we needed to be able to delegate access to credentials when needed.

Joshua from Rymera Web Co

An absolute godsend

Dashlane is great for securely storing not only passwords and having your browser auto login, but also for secure notes such as server information and other sensitive data. I also love that syncing feature which means that this information is across all of my devices no matter where I am.

Pros

I would be lost without Dashlane's auto login and Secure Notes features. I use them both heavily. Prior to this I was storing this information in my head or worse, in emails and text documents. Now, Dashlane keeps it all secure for me.

Cons

I find that sometimes the auto login will choose the wrong account and I then have to logout and relogin again. But this is a minor inconvenience.

joshua from Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church

A must have in today's world

I have absolutely loved it. I do not know how we lived without this software.

Pros

I love the fact that we can securely store sensitive information in one place and share it across platforms.

Cons

I feel like it could be more affordable. Desktop notifications can be annoying at times.

Ken from MCW Technologies

Dashlane is the best password manager, for me

Obviously, everyone needs a password manager, and I've tried most of the "top-rated" options. After much experimentation, I have found Dashlane to be the best combination of ease of use, security, and features. Because I use Windows, Mac, and iOS, cross-platform support is key, and Dashlane handles this simply and expertly. I love the password changing feature, and use payment information constantly (perhaps I shop online too much?) I love having unique passwords on every site, as well.

Pros

Great user interface (excellent for technophiles--the best in the business). Password changing is amazingly useful. Easy to create unique passwords on every site, and more than any other product, "it just works." Sharing passwords with others is trivial, and having an emergency contact is my favorite feature.

Cons

OK, occasionally the product doesn't do quite what I want (saves the wrong password once I try to save a new password) and occasionally the user interface that pops up gets in the way. But generally, it's the best of its kind.

Stefanos from Resin.io

Password management made nearly perfect!

- To be able to centralize passwords is a gift - A sense of security and ease of mind - Adding more than just passwords is a plus

Pros

I have been using Dashlane for a couple of years now. The guys over there at Dashlane are doing an excellent job. I especially like the user friendly dashboard and the extend in which you can add only the details you really need to. I also like that a lot of new features are being added all the time without affecting the overall performance or user friendly dashboard.

Cons

The only thing I hold against Dashlane is that there has been a few times that I have had to force reset the software especially when it is used in combination with the google extension. Other than that I am very pleased.

Ryan from Lancaster University

Secure and Robust

Pros

Dashlane is designed from the ground up to be as secure and robust as possible, and it shows in all of the security measures put into place. This is vital in today's cyber security landscape, especially with people being a key weakness in most systems, meaning a good password manager such as Dashlane is essential.

Cons

While more feature rich than built in password managers, the necessity to install the software could be considered a limitation compared to software such as iCloud Keychain and Google Password Manager.

Lauren from CAMPUS CHURCH OF CHRIST INC

I don't have to remember passwords!

When hackers started getting serious about hijacking everyone's profiles, our IT guy recommended Dashlane to us and now we all have it. It's been so helpful to the whole staff.

Pros

Dashlane makes is so easy and so safe to store and create unique passwords that make it hard for the bad guys to access your profiles online. I have full confidence in this software. I also appreciate that when a website gets​ hacked or something goes wrong, they alert you immediately.

Cons

I really love this software and haven't found anything that I don't like about it.

Chelsea from iScribes

I can't tell you any of my passwords

I get to keep my passwords safe and not remember any of them!

Pros

....because Dashlane does such a great job managing them! I love that they are all super secure within Dashlane. The fact that they are available on all of my devices is great. I never realized how many passwords I had. The fact that they were all the same before is terrifying. I feel safe and secure now!

Cons

It is, unfortunately, a little glitchy. The app for both Windows and Mac crashed every now and again. Some sites with multiple log ins like Gmail have a hard time figuring out which one to log in to. If you can't get it to load typing the password Dashlane made for you isn't that fun.

Bobby from MS Dept of Mental Health

Industry: Mental Health Care

An outstanding password manager

Pros

I have used several password managers over the last decade and Dashlane is the best by far. The UI is attractive and it boasts tons of useful features. My favorite part is the VPN that comes included with a paid subscription. The mobile app is the best password manager app, too. It works flawlessly to fill in my passwords, personal information, and payment information.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about Dashlane.

Stephen from USPTO

Top 5 Best Apps Ever. Can't live without it anymore.

Pros

It has singlehandedly saved me many many hours of login time, searching for passwords, syncing, and password generation time. It's brilliant, secure, and I can even install it on my government laptop (shhh!). It automatically logs me in to sites, it backs up all of my sensitive data/info and autofills it into forms at my request. Can't live with out it. If it were to crash or go out of business I'd be up the creek.

Cons

The UI isn't as smooth as it could be, but that's nit-picking. It's pretty solid overall. I'd say the fact that I have to pay for it to sync on more than one device is a con... I guess.

Jamie from Dubber

A password life saver

Pros

It saves me so much time to create new passwords and saving account login details. Accessing details is so easy with the Chrome plugin too - I can't imagine life without it. The pricing is fair and it works brilliantly across teams - you can give people access to password information and then automatically update the passwords at the click of a button. It's brilliant for teams that are constantly growing and changing.

Cons

The main con that I've found is that you can never change the login password. I believe this is because they use your email as the account ID but this should be fixed as it's a pain.

Dashlane is great for companies looking to manage multiple logins and passwords.

Pros

I've used Dashlane for over 2 years and it is one of my favorite applications. I can easily access passwords from my desktop, personal home computer and smartphone with ease. They sync automatically as well so I'm never stuck searching for a password I can't find.

Cons

There is an issue with changing the original email address on accounts. I've since switched to different companies but I'm unable to change my original login password which is annoying.

We should have started using this years ago...

Dashlane has been one of the best investments in terms of convenience. Nobody likes dealing with the headache of resetting forgotten passwords and regularly sending out emails with updated login information when you're dealing with 20-30 membership accounts that our team needs access to.

Pros

Dashlane enables us to securely store passwords for all of the various accounts we use. Not only is it convenient and secure, we don't have to physically share dozens of passwords with our team members.

Cons

There's nothing I would change about Dashlane. It has been worth every penny we've paid for it and I cannot imagine going back to alternative password storage methods.

Muhammad from BCDS

SaveLane

Pros

It has desktop installable application and browser control panel too. It can save multiple users credentials on same website. It detects the new credentials it self and ask you right there if you wan't to update it. You can rename credential title for the ease of remembrance. You can share desired credentials with multiple users if you want and it can keep them hidden too. DarkWeb Search feature is awesome feature that scan millions of record. So if your email or information is leaked on dark web. You can change your email and update your information.

Cons

If you add it first time in your browser, it ask you to reboot the browser and sometime you lose all your pinned and open tabs on chrome. On some ie tab, it doesn't ask you to login infact login automatically that may create a hassle if you want to see something on Home page. If your session expires and you refresh the page, it login the use in additional tab instead of existing one

James from Kelton Engineering Ltd

Mostly Positive but there are a few annoying quirks

Password management that is secure and simple

Pros

The ability of this software to save your many hundreds if passwords, make them more secure as well as quite powerful form filling make it a very good bit of software. You can even sync between devices.

Cons

Sometimes when trying to fill in forms the Dashlane box pops up in the wrong place so you can't type into the form but you can't select the information from dashlane either till you scroll around and find its pop-up. once you have learnt this quirk it is fine but can be frustrating. Sometimes it also fills the wrong information into the forms, this is especially frustrating when you have a form with the label in the text box so it gets overwritten. You do not know how to correct it as you don't know what should be in there!

Ronda from Clinical SCORE

Industry: Market Research

No More Sticky Notes

Dashlane makes our world much easier in a a safe and compliant way.

Pros

I used to keep a folder with sticky notes of all my passwords. This was in addition to the spreadsheet with company passwords. It was just too much--and not safe. Dashlane makes it so easy! It's like having a great memory while being compliant.

Cons

On occasion, my system will sign me out of one or more devices. I wish there was a way to sync all devices which I use.

Benjamin from iThemes.com

July 2016

Keep logins secure without wasting time managing account access

Dashlane allows me to maintain a strict security code of requiring every site to have a unique and random password while still enabling an easy way to share access without surrendering the security of that access.

Pros

I like that I don't have to know what any of my passwords are because Dashlane will remember it all for me. Dashlane will also alert me when any large site is compromised (like LinkedIn for example) and instantly give me the ability to change my password.

Cons

While I love the ability for Dashlane's accounts to sync across multiple devices (tablets, phones, laptops) I do have a few Chromebooks that currently are only able to use the web interface. I'm hoping that in the future Dashlane will fully support Chromebooks.

Dashlane Business

Every company needs a way to store and share all credentials securely. Dashlane is a great app for it.

Pros

This is the product I absolutely adore. We use it daily at work and I use it for my personal needs to. It helps to secure access to all our systems. Easy to share credentials, come up with safe password.

Cons

I've never faced it before but for some reason Dashlane quits on my mac after 2 secs after login. Never happened before.

Benjamin

July 2016

Dashlane has given me some security peace mind.

Since the moment I started using Dashlane it has become a major component of my daily workflow. I'm constantly training entrepreneurs around the world and have a need to maintain control on the access to many websites for numerous clients. Dashlane allows me to share access without the worry of losing control of who has what passwords. Dashlane also has brought a peace of mind in regards to my online business. I used Dashlane's Emergency center and Sharing Center to put in place a continuity plan in case anything happens to me. This enables my business and access to my business to continue on in the unforeseen case of something happening. Without Dashlane's ease of password management and secure notes I don't know where I would be. I like to tell others that I have no idea what any of my passwords are... and THAT is a good thing!

Pros

Excellent browser integration and ease of strong password creation. The simple one-click control over when and where auto-completion occurs. The Security Dashboard that is constantly encouraging me to get stronger and unique passwords. The benefit of having Dashlane watching out for compromised websites and then alerting me that I need to go change my password even BEFORE that company contacts me.

Cons

I really wish there was better integration with Chromebooks.

One of the best tools I use daily

With Dashlane, I think educate your colleagues or employees about security is more simple

Pros

To sum up, it helps on security : - Helps you to generate strong passwords - Notice you when a website you're registered on has been hacked - Lets you store secured notes It also helps you on forms : - Automatically fills up your forms when you want

Cons

Sometimes, the browser add-on can REALLY bother you as it pops randomly