All LastPass Reviews

Cat

11 - 50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2020

LastPass is the last place for password!

Jake

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2021

LastPass is the Last Password Management Software your Team Needs

LastPass did a phenomenal job of solving the problem that our business previously faced–– sharing passwords with too many people. Every time we shared login information with others, we were facing a potential compromise if freelancers lacked character or their email accounts had been hacked. Thankfully, we never had bad luck. LastPass is a great form of insurance for helping business owners have peace of mind.

PROS

LastPass is a fantastic software solution for so many reasons–– My chief use of it is so my team doesn't have to personally know all the various passwords to websites and SAAS solutions our organization uses. Certain users have access to using different sites without knowing what the passwords are. This makes me feel much more secure hiring freelancers. It also really helps to be able to safely give more access to our company resources for colleagues.

CONS

With some lower-grade freelancers I hired, they had a harder time figuring out how to use the software to log into websites that I had requested from them. LastPass is not completely foolproof, but it is the best alternative to keeping your login information safe when sharing with workers.

Reason for choosing LastPass

I considered Bitwarden as a free alternative, but sometimes open-source solutions can be harder to tailor for use with teams. Lastpass clearly came out as superior with its long array of team-sharing features.

Reasons for switching to LastPass

Bitwarden was a free solution. While it has high-level encryption, It didn't have the ease of use or the team features that LastPass has.

Jeff

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2020

LastPass -a Secure Password Manager for Team Collaboration

Very positive as we need an easy to access, but secure, way to share passwords & credentials among work teams and clients. Our 50+ employee agency has used LastPass for 2+ years and we have never wavered on it's value.

PROS

We have a team of 50+ at our agency and LastPass is our go-to password/credential manager. It's super simple to set up, share access and manage passwords across teams and even clients. And LastPass takes security very very seriously with 2FA and authentication a key priority. We have to be ultra-sensitive to security as an agency as we handle so many credentials for client's websites, FTP and marketing tools.

CONS

The UI is good but not great. I find myself wanting to create a folder but the iconography is a bit confusing so I'll create a record. Easy to go back and do it right but I find myself making the same mistakes. The folder hierarchy could also be a bit better organized but it's not too bad. They are improving and updating all the time.

Reason for choosing LastPass

LastPass simply seemed like it had it all: security, UI, organization, sharing options. The others seemed very similar but we were more comfortable with LastPass's reputation and staying ability.

1 employee

It once was a great Password Manager

We've all been there: You've been using the same password for months, only to realize that it was breached in a recent data breach and is no longer secure. Now you have to change your password on several accounts. Most password managers can't help here, since it won't know what all those new passwords are supposed to be. There was a nice feature in Lastpass that helped you change multiple passwords. That was probably their strongest feature, besides the core password management features

PROS

A password manager helps you manage all your passwords. Each password is unique and is protected with a master password only you know. That means you can use unique, strong passwords for every account without having to remember them. This is extremely important for accounts with sensitive information like your email or banking account. Lastpass has done a great job up until recently.

CONS

I loved using LastPass, and had been using it for over a year. After they changed their pricing model to pay for a subscription I decided to see if there were any other great password managers out there. I'm not against paying for services, but I don't like how they pulled the rug out of everyone who relied on the free version, where they get so used to the software as apart of their daily life, that it forces many to just pay the fee (many of whom would likely have never signed up in the first place if it were not free). So to me, it feels like a bait and switch, where they had this planned all along. So it's the principle for me. The smarter way (to strengthen, and not harm their brand), would have been to all along offer a freemium version and offer other extra features that a small percentage of all users are willing to pay for. Essentially they trapped people into using the free version, and are forcing people to pay to now use on multiple devices. It feels shady and left a bad taste in my mouth towards their software and brand. I've decided to look more into Mozillas free password manager. There are also those from the likes of Google's and Apple's built in password managers. After testing other products, I believe google or mozilla are the way to go, since apples is too proprietary (*they are a closed ecosystem - you can't as easily use cross platform and on other browsers)

Hollie

Public Safety, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Review for LastPass

With the ability to do my job smoothly, I enjoy the feature to my work computer. I don't need to waste time remembering my password and wasting other peoples time when on a phone call.

PROS

In enjoy LastPass for the password vault. I have the need to long into multiple websites throughout my day and needing to input a password for each long in can be tedious. LastPass remembers my password and auto fills for the login making my job faster and my clients I speak to don't need to deal with me fumbling to my book if I forget my password.

CONS

I don't have a lot of complaints. The website will log me out fully from time to time but I know its for verification purposes to check your primary password.

Patrick

Real Estate, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2021

Excellent password and profile management

I've had this manager for 5+ years and I absolutely love it. The one thing I would add is the ability to search the vault for logins with duplicate passwords.

PROS

It just works. With hundreds of passwords, some infrequently used, a manager is a must in today's world. The browser plugin easily recognizes your credentials for the site you're on, and gives you the option of multiple logins on a dropdown list. Simple.

CONS

At times the drop down list is unreadable making it difficult to identify which credential you need. This mostly happens on mobile. Some websites do not allow autofill, but that's not LastPass's fault.

Reason for choosing LastPass

Don't trust the other companies to protect my information.

Reasons for switching to LastPass

Ease of use and better features.

Brian

Higher Education, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed June 2019

Secure your online presence with LastPass

What is LastPass? The simple answer is LastPass saves your passwords to the cloud, secured by your individual login user ID and a Master Password. Setting it up is painless, merely follow the prompts at LastPass.com and you will quickly be on your way. Make sure you follow the instructions for adding LastPass to your favorite browser, and add it to the browser you use on every computer you use. When you get the extension added, click on it and log yourself in, and voila you have access to your saved passwords vault in the cloud. Now, every time you go to a site you use, the first time you visit and login, it will recognize the user ID and password you used, and ask you if you want to save it to your vault. Change your password? No problem! Upon successfull login, LastPass will catch that you have entered a new password and ask you if you want to update your saved password. As the user ID and password is saved to your own private vault in the cloud, you now have that password to access the site again, from anywhere, meaning you don't have to remember it anymore or worse, write it down. Very useful for sites that require frequent password changes and sites that have odd password requirement. Removes the burden of micromanaging staff password choices by your IT department - they will thank you! Multiple logins for a site is supported, it includes a robust, easy to use form fill feature, and it offers to generate on its own super-secure passwords for use as well.

PROS

Available everywhere, LastPass is offered as standalone desktop software, and much more importantly, as a browser extension. Even iOS and Android have LastPass available as an app, with Android offering integration throughout most apps on your mobile device.

CONS

For personal use, I shy away from subscription-based software. I'd rather pay once and get to use it. Luckily LastPass for personal use can be used for free. For a business, the subscription however pays for itself in terms of productivity gains and reducing headaches and trouble tickets for your IT staff.

Reason for choosing LastPass

All of these have similar offerings, but LastPass extensions are available more widely and are usually the first ones to get offered on new browsers/platforms.

Price

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2021

My favorite password management app!

Overall, I've loved using Lastpass to store all of my work passwords as well as all of my passwords and secure information for my personal life and family. It's made it so much easier to use safe, one-time passwords for each login, instead of one login that gets used everywhere.

PROS

I love how easy it is to use. I love the auto-fill icons that appear on login screens and the "Generate a Password" feature that makes it so incredibly simple to create and use very secure, completely unique passwords for each of my accounts.

CONS

It can seem a little difficult to learn for new users, especially if you don't have a background in tech/computer security. The password resetting process is also really inconvenient and difficult, but I suppose maybe that is by design.

Reason for choosing LastPass

Through the recommendation of a friend of mine who was a computer software and security engineer. I love how it syncs between devices and I can share logins at work with coworkers who need specific access to things. I really love the Chrome extension of Lastpass as well.

Hoang

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Great way to share passwords with other team members

Crucial tool for sharing and secure your passwords

PROS

Lastpass eliminates the needs to manually share and save passwords. The password shared folder makes it very easy to share logins without showing the passwords to other users.

CONS

Sometimes the Chrome extension can be slow. Lastpass on Android requires enabling permissions every time the autofill feature is used.

Reason for choosing LastPass

Lastpass is easier to use and is more popular

Lastpass is more popular

Dalibor

Maritime, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Password manager number one

Altough not perfect, this is best password manager and only acceptable with lot of features on Android. Windows is being done with any competitor, Android is really fully covered with lot of functionalities.

PROS

Laspass is password manager on steroids. Most important, it allows autocomplete and generating (and remembering) secure passwords. Passwords can be shared with coworkers securely. All you need is to remember one secure passwords and let lastpass help you remember or generate passwords for any site or application.

CONS

Autocomplete has issues sometimes, it closes the window, but that's rarely. Password sharing with coworkers could be more intuitive. Password generator is decent but "readable" passwords are still bit complicated (if you want to remember password specifically). Master password can be reset if you have access to your mail (that's ok functionality, but not secure). They also had breaches which is not great.

Reason for choosing LastPass

Android autocomplete features and simplicity of use on Android devices.

Alys

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2022

Secure, ease to use, and great for collaboration

Overall LastPass is a great asset to my business and takes the pressure off securely storing clients’ data and keeping track of all of my own passwords, both business and personal.

PROS

I love how simple and easy it is to use this software, without compromising on security and great features. It’s easy for my clients to securely share the passwords I need to manage their social media accounts and I feel assured that LastPass will warn me if there are any data breaches.

CONS

It’s a shame they recently changed their free plan so you can no longer use it on multiple devices without upgrading. There are other tools out there which do allow this without the price tag

Reason for choosing LastPass

Recommendations from friends and it’s a well known brand within this industry which gave me confidence in the security of the product

Kevin

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Relative Solid Solution for Passwords

Overall, it has worked really well to not only document and share individual and group work passwords, but store emergency documentation in the case of an organizational disaster as well. We feel very confident that we can restore our IT systems in the event of a catastrophic equipment and/or personnel outage because of the availability of the service via any Internet connection.

PROS

The best feature of this software is the seamless integration between browsers and devices. It does not matter where an employee is; they are able to access their work credentials, their shared group credentials, and any personal passwords as well if they choose to link their personal and work LastPass accounts together. It has made universal password management a breeze.

CONS

The administrator console for the software feels slow and clunky, and at times is not very intuitive. Additionally, if a user gets “stuck” trying to access their account during the provisioning process it can take a good amount of work and resets to get everything operational again.

Reason for choosing LastPass

Best value and features, with the cross-platform integration for users accessing their passwords a gigantic selling point.

Goran

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2021

The absolute best in password security

I use it to secure all of my passwords. Since I installed LastPass I actually have a different password for every service, and have no fear that I will forget them. It also includes a very handy password generator I love to use when creating new user accounts everywhere. It is the single best password manager I have ever had the pleasure of using.

PROS

It is so easy to use. You just install it in your browser and forget it exists until you need to punch in a password you forgot. It is a perfect way to manage your passwords!

CONS

I would like it to remember my passwords automatically instead of asking me every time. I'm not sure that option exists so far. Other than that, it is great!

Reason for choosing LastPass

LastPass premium price is very affordable and it looks and feels much better than the competition. I must admit, the price was the main reason.

Reasons for switching to LastPass

Dashlane is very expensive and LastPass offered a free version (that I later upgraded rather recently when they switched their free account policy).

Alex

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Recommend for those new to password management, experienced user may seek other options

Overall my experience with LastPass has been positive. I switched over from using KeepPass when I acquired a year long LastPass subscription through a bundle purchase. The seamless cloud synchronization and reliability of browser extensions was a positive compared to the open source KeepPass solution. After my subscription expired I continued to use the free version of LastPass until they announced free accounts would be limited to a single device, after which I purchased a year of LastPass premium. With my current year subscription coming due I believe I am going to start researching other options to see if I can find something that meets my needs at a better price point.

PROS

Very simple and easy to setup and deploy. The browser extension and phone apps make using LastPass a easy way for most people to have secure access to all of there passwords from any device they might use, the autofill options will eventually result in making the entry of secure unique passwords easier than manually typing in a short non-unique password. LastPass has a free tier of service so it is possible to explore what they offer before commuting money.

CONS

The free tier is only usable with 1 device so to get any real value out of LastPass compared to other free options you will need to pay. The yearly subscription can be pretty expensive for the service they provide. The passwords are stored in their own cloud service which some may not consider a feature depending on your level of paranoia.

Reasons for switching to LastPass

I received a year of LastPass Premium in a software bundle. After trying it out I found LastPass to be more convenient to use.

Reviewed March 2022

Last Pass - just simplifies your security

I've used Last pass for a very long time and it's met my every need. The ability to sync and fill passwords on any device is amazing. The security check-ups happen automatically and non-intrusively, so you can feel safe.

PROS

I love the security audit of passwords. It's easy to see which sites are at most risk with simple or duplicated passwords. Makes it easy to keep on top of your security. It's also great to see breach detection alert you to compromised credentials without you having to go search for it.

CONS

There's no dedicated desktop app, and the only way to use it is with a browser plugin. I would love to see a Desktop app with global shortcuts to enable filling of credentials into non-browser based applications.

Reason for choosing LastPass

Primarily the price, but I prefer the way that Last Pass integrates with the browser over most alternatives.

Reasons for switching to LastPass

I wanted a cloud based data sync that had good cross platform usability. Having the mobile application and credential integration in iOS and Android is a must.

Eugenie

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2021

A very good and easy password manager storing system online

Reasonably good pricing plans for business, single users or families. Features i love are the NOTES, the notes are really important for me since I use them a lot for any type of passwords that are not used with your computer, example: your alarm system or your school locks or anything else.

PROS

I use LastPass Business everywhere, on my desktop, my phone and all my browsers. It is very easy to use and very practical. The Strong password suggestions is very useful.

CONS

Sharing issues I’ve had some issues with the Family sharing in the past where a family member shared a few passwords, I accidently deleted all his shared passwords in my family sharing center and that person that had shared the password just lost all his original shared passwords (from his lastpass account. I have not had this issue with the Business, but I will make test just to make sure this doesn’t happen again. Hard to get prices with the business plans.

Reason for choosing LastPass

A lot more friends and family were using Lastpass.

Reasons for switching to LastPass

A lot more of my friends were using Lastpass so i had to make the change.

Carla

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Great Password Manager

I have been using this software for several year. It manages my passwords and it will also manage credit card information, bank account information and other types of information you want to keep secure but at your finger tips.

PROS

Ease of use and user interface.

CONS

Exporting of saved password

Reason for choosing LastPass

I just liked the way it worked .

Reasons for switching to LastPass

Just wanted a more user friendly information/password manager.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2022

Easy and seemless

PROS

The LastPass app and browser plugins work seemlessly together across whatever device I'm using. On mobile, it allows for app passwords, not only websites.

CONS

Sometimes the Android app stops running in the background or loses its permissions. Not sure if it's an Android issue or a LastPass app issue.

Reason for choosing LastPass

More secure and better integration between desktop and movile

Reasons for switching to LastPass

LastPass came recommended from an associate. It's encryption methods are more superior.

1 employee