• Pros

• "I like the layout of this product. It makes it really easy to find all of my applications. "

• "I love that this software makes accessing all of my applications easy. It cut down on a lot of the previous issues that we had and was simple to use."

• "Easy to use platform and have had no problems with access. Makes my life easier. "

• Cons

• "If you don't use Active Directory some things can be a little difficult to set up, but it isn't a deal breaker if you compare other services."

• "i would say adding users can seem a bit tricky and odd if you don't do it all the time, it could be a little clearer on adding users into your account. but other than that its pretty solid software"

• "although it may be an adjustment and annoying for some people- there have been no issues with it and it is necessary to have. "

Browse Okta Identity Cloud Reviews

Chase from The Hope for Fertility Foundation

Hands Down The Best SSO/Adaptive MFA Solution on the Market

We have been more than pleased with Okta. It makes signing into a bunch of different applications so much easier and only having to remember one password. Without having any prior knowledge with SAML, being able to set up new applications was still very simple and straightforward.

Pros

Okta has simplified everything for us. The process of setting up applications is pretty straight forward, and the number of applications that are supported is amazing. The adaptive MFA is really neat so we can easily balance security and usability to meet just about everyone's needs. The amount of work we have to do to onboard a new user has been reduced drastically through the support of SCIM and APIs. They continue to innovate and bring out new features that further enhance the usability and security of Okta.

Cons

Only minor issues with Okta, primarily being chose of wording for some of the settings that lead to some confusion on when Okta sessions expire.

Reasons for Choosing Okta Identity Cloud

Simplicity was the overarching factor in selecting Okta. They are very focused on helping nonprofits as well, and that was a huge bonus for us.

Eva from Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Detroit

Okta is Interesting

Our headquarters switched from Zimbra to Okta several years ago. Although Okta seems to be much better than Zimbra (our email is now powered by gmail), I wish that the Okta capabilities were a bit more obvious. I just discovered that I could attach other software/services like Mailchimp and social media accounts as plug-ins. My overall experience has been good...just slow-going.

Pros

I would say that it is easier than other team/workforce email software that our company has used in the past. However, I still find it a bit convoluted. It seems like there are many things that can be integrated into our Okta settings.

Cons

I do not know if this is the fault of Okta or our headquarters, but it is still hard to see the full benefits of using Okta for our workplace email/communications.

Okta use for all aspects of office work

Getting it set up was a little difficult, but luckily our IT team helped us. Once it was all logged in and set up, it was very easy to use, and our IT team had every app installed that we would need to use for work.

Pros

I like that it puts all of our apps in one place, for use no matter whether we are at the office, on a laptop, or having to use a public computer or even your phone. You can securely access email, box, our workday (time keeping and pay app), and many other things.

Cons

Sometimes it's difficult to access things if you happen to not have your phone with you. You have to have the second way to log in, and if you don't have your cell phone or an apple watch, you can't confirm your access.

No need to remember a password or ever log in again!

Pros

I use this software for a company I work with and love how I don't ever have to remember passwords - AND how it logs me in automatically. I'm a man who loves things to be easy, and Okta removes those extra clicks of having to select my username and click submit (I'm looking at you, LastPass).

Cons

When I'm logged into Okta, it automatically selects my credentials for me. So for sites that I have lots of user names for, it overrides my ability to choose one. I then have to open an incognito window, and pull my un/pw from LastPass - which is a pain.

David from eMoney Advisor

Okta is great for admins and end users

Our company has so many apps that trying to remember passwords for all of them would be a nightmare. I love how Okta can grant access to one user while denying access to that same app for another user.

Pros

I love how easy this platform is for end users to immediately pick up and use. It is also extremely powerful for IT admins to configure. The Okta Integration Network is a great resource to see if an app / platform is supported. I also LOVE that they offer free training and certifications.

Cons

I wish there was more documentation on how to configure applications from the Okta side. Example: I need to pass a parameter from Okta into my LMS, but neither the LMS vendor nor Okta has any docs stating how to do this.

David from IT services

Okta Buyer Review

Need to provide Single Sign-On (SSO) and policy modeled MFA/Adaptive Authentication along with Directory integration are the main use cases. Okta hit it spot on!

Pros

SaaS Model, easy to provision and supports the most used applications from an access management and directory integration perspective. The user interface and capabilities are light years ahead of the competition.

Cons

Limitations around on-premise integration with applications and environments. This is not too bad as a SCIM provisioning agent/component is available to support limited provisioning to on-prem applications.

Reasons for Choosing Okta Identity Cloud

Okta is leading the charge in the world of "modern authentication" and has integration/apps to support a highly mobile workforce supporting appropriate access to applications and services.

King from RingCentral

Manageable tool for single sign on

This is the most effective single sign on solution by so far. I like the ease of use.

Pros

I like how secure this tool is. Just a single password I have an access to all internal tools I need to work even if I am working remotely. The set up and configuration is easy.

Cons

What needs to be improved is the constant logging in. I understand that this is for security reasons.

Tarek from WU

Simplifying our work

So far so good and I'm satisfied with the application.

Pros

We use Okta at work to access all our applications, it has single sign on and it has everything organized.

Cons

Although it is installed in Google Chrome, but sometimes we need to access Okta itself before the application to be able to login.

Samantha from Shopify

Awesome software for security

Overall experience with Okta is great. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone who uses multiple softwares for their work or business to keep everything secure and organized.

Pros

Okta is really easy to use and super intuitive. I love the security features on it and allows me to stay organized with all of the software is use on a daily basis.

Cons

So far, there isn’t anything I dislike about using Okta! I’ve been using it daily for going on 3 years and so far no issues.

Anastasia from Intermedia

Identity Management for web applications

Makes my work (and life) much easier - having all the programs available to access from one place

Pros

When you use a many apps it is almost impossible to remember all their passwords. I tried to writet ALL of them down but I always lose my paper notes. So when you get it with Okta, it is a great relief.

Cons

I have not really found any. Sometimes it works slowly, mainly with dashboard, but I am not sure if it is a general problem.

David from HomeAway

Single sign-on done right

We were trying to solve a ubiquitous problem - how to use cloud/saas services within an enterprise and keep control of the authentication to them all. Okta gives us a centralized place to manage those passwords, automates the integration of Active Directory authorization and authentication, and it also helps employees discover what services are available to us.

Pros

Have you ever heard someone with this "great" idea? "I'm going to make a webpage that has all your links. When you click them, it'll authenticate for you". It sounds great, but in reality it's extremely hard to do. Securely storing passwords, integration with enterprise systems, centralized management of the lists of links, etc. And, if you do one thing wrong, you can compromise the security of literally millions of logins. Okta seems to have conquered the problem. It's central management is wonderful. New employees login for the first time and immediately have dozens of applications available to them. New applications are all managed through our Active Directory groups. It has a great chrome extension that gives you access to your links from your toolbar. The smartphone app, Okta Verify, is fast and works well.

Cons

At work, I use 3 servers within Okta. One for our "corporate" servers, one for "production" and one for our parent company. The chrome extension only shows the links from the most recently accessed. So, I end up having to use the web pages, even with the extension. Also, having multiple Okta servers doesn't work well with LastPass and other password managers. They see all my servers as the same host. But, I have different passwords. So, I basically just turn off password management for Okta.

Great tool for giving end users access

we use this for so much, a user wants to access an email account or group, give them a chicklet for it, it allows for much better sharing of items and greater control over the access as well which is great.

Pros

I love this tool. No longer have to risk giving out passwords to account. I can just give my user access to an OKTA account and then assign them chicklets to access account, software, groups and so forth, without them ever having to know the password to them. It works well and is fairly easy to use and set up users. The AD tie in is nice and helps in making it easier to add users to your account. Put yourself at ease and give OKTA a real look you will not be disappointed.

Great User Experience and Easy Administration

Pros

Our users save minutes every single day, no longer repetitively typing and re-typing their directory password. When we have had issues with applications, their support has been extremely responsive. They also take what the community builds as custom applications and will roll those into the app library as they put polish on them and make them ready for prime time.

Cons

The only downside to Okta is cost. We know these systems are not cheap and Okta is one of the premium models for sure. We decided that with a system which was so user intensive and users had to touch many times per day for logging into applications, we were not willing to sacrifice usability for what came down to not a lot of money. I will tell you that the list pricing on their website is very negotiable. If you can find some other customers to talk pricing to you you'll know that good deals are there if you work it correctly with your account team and their sales cycle.

Bryan from Merkle, Inc.

Okta is great for MFA

Overall Okta has been a very easy tool to adopt and use for the organization. It's been consistent and there haven't been any issues apparent to the end user since the rollout.

Pros

Okta is an extremely easy-to-use software for multi-factor authentication. It is extremely user-friendly from set up to ongoing use for any user with a smartphone. All they have to do is download the Okta app and follow very simple instructions to set up your Okta app with your token. Even switching phones is easy for those who get a new phone. The Okta push is consistent, fast, and reliable. For employees who do not have a smart phone or don't want to download the Okta app on their phone, there are alternatives like receiving a phone call.

Cons

The most challenging part of Okta is that it can only authenticate one account per browser session. If for some reason you have two accounts that each use Okta as the MFA, it makes the user experience a little tricky.

kalaiselvan from Bahwan cyber tek

Okta Review

Overall, i am very impressed with the Okta with its powerful security standard implementation.

Pros

Okta exposes its identity API in REST interface with JSON which provide both Authentication and Authorization based on the need.So it is easy to integrate with any type of application as a front end security layer . OAuth 2.0 implementation by okta provide token which has a validity for some specific time avoid the overhead of making extra authentication call each time. They give different sort of strong security implementation including single sign on for both Authentication and Authorization but licensing will vary based on the implementation we use in the application. Time to integrate with any sort of application is very very less .

Cons

You need to understand okta documentation properly to integrate the appropriate security implementation. we have to put some initial effort in understanding the API.

Owen from The Weitz Company

Okta - Easy on IT, Easy on End Users

Pros

Okta is intuitive to manage. It packages a lot of components into a single pane of glass (unlike, say, Microsoft's solution which requires a bunch of disparate systems). You get a log of value for your money. The support and development teams are responsive. The support for single sign-on to non-SSO apps with the browser plugin is very helpful. The product looks nice, and is easy for end users to use. The Okta Application Network has far more apps total, with SAML support, and with provisioning support than the competitors.

Cons

Their MDM solution (OMM) is very basic, and slow to develop more features. It would be nice if you could deploy any mobile app you wish, not just the ones associated with catalog apps. OMM should really support enterprise wireless profiles as well. The browser plugin for IE sometimes misbehaves, and upgrading it doesn't always go as smoothly as it should.

Alexandra from GDIT

Industry: Public Policy

Okta is a One-Stop Hub for Everything You Need

I use Okta on a daily basis to access a variety of resources for work, including email, the helpdesk and my HR information. It is easy to use and navigate. I love that it is a one stop hub for all of my company's resources.

Pros

Okta makes it easy to connect to all of my company's resources, especially when I am working remotely. The interface is intuitive and visually appealing. There is a button for each resource on the homepage. You can even personalize your homepage by moving the buttons around so the ones you use most are at the beginning of the list.

Cons

I wish you could create categories or folders and organize all of the resources on the Okta page by these categories or folders. It would help me find the resource I'm looking for even quicker!

Brian from Smith + Nephew

Okta makes all your single sign on apps simple to access

Okta is a nicely designed, streamlined, experience for the typical end-user. Making SSO to internal websites and application a breeze to use everyday at work.

Pros

Okta was great for all our internal company websites and apps. With the single sign on, there was no need to remember a bunch of passwords to different websites or apps. Even if you added external websites to Okta, it would act like a password manager for your websites that you use external from the company. Very easy to navigate layout, and looks nice.

Cons

if any of your password got out of sync with Okta (mostly external sites that don't use SSO), it was a little difficult to understand how to update the password if you are not tech savvy.

The easiest way to sign in to everything

Okta has saved me time and energy, and as stupid as it might sound to say that when it comes to maybe 10 seconds for signing in to each service – it definitely adds up over time.

Pros

Okta is the software that I didn't know I needed in my life. Remembering a single password and having access to every service I need for my job is amazing. Long gone are the days of opening my computer in the morning at work and spending the next 20 minutes logging in to all of the websites that I was going to be using that day.

Cons

Honestly, I don't think there is anything. Maybe the ability to customize the look of the main Okta screen? It may even be possible through the backend but it isn't the prettiest in my eyes.

Collin from Trunk Club

Seamless and Secure SSO - A UX Review from a Front-End User

I am a user of this software rather an administrator, but do have some visibility to the back-end as I work with our IT department occasionally. From a user experience standpoint, I have not come across a nicer SSO platform. It is truly a pleasure to use and seamless when accessing our systems.

Pros

A true single sign on platform. We are a high volume company with over 1200 employees and utilize multiple cloud-based vendors. Having all of these platforms centralized within Okta is invaluable. I could not imagine my day-to-day without it. API documentation is extensive and functionality is robust. Okta has become our "Single Source of Truth" for not only connecting vendors, but also our data. Mobile based app is intuitive and fast for dual-authentication. System is very secure. Hand-offs are seamless.

Cons

Dual authentication and tokens can sometime require a dual submission. Permission grants and overall setup for user-specific platforms may take some time. Other than that, not much more!

Jacob from OmniTRAX

Okta is a powerful, easy to use SSO tool with a decent amount of customizability, easy to administer

Pros

1. I like how easy it is to set up for the first time. We synced up AD to it with very little work, or issue. 2. I love how easy it is to add new applications and maintain our instance. 3. It's very easy to use. We rarely have issues with end users. 4. There are a lot of built in application setups already, which makes it easy to add most software. 5. The documentation and app setup walkthroughs are great.

Cons

1. Their customer service is pretty bad. I deal with a lot of vendors and this is one of my least favorites to have to call. 2. While their application documentation is good, the rest of their documentation is pretty hit or miss. I'd say the majority are good, but several are just not very useful at all. 3. While it's easy to administer, this comes at the cost of some customizability.

I use it daily and never had issues. I think it could use an update on apps because sometimes searching for them they don't show and others do.

Pros

It's easy to use and user-friendly and so far admins are able to set things up super quick for us end users. The display is friendly as well, not clunky.

Cons

I don't have any Cons that would really hurt the purchase but would like to not see the "suggested saved" pop up. That gets annoying, I'll save it if I want.

Chris from Cherry Bekaert LLP

Best two factor Identity Management solution out there!

Love it, it the best there is out there!

Pros

So many pros, how to list them all: - Single Sign-on, - Multi-factor Auth - Life-cycle Management - Universal Directory - API access management Okta coves all basis of Identify management in an easy to use software solution. The best aprt is now most of my employees do even know there password for access to critical / sensitive software and applications.

Cons

When okta down, my staff are unable to get access to majority of the solutions they use. This has happened only 2 times and was for less then an hour each time in the 3 year we been suing okta.

Does what you need it to do

It was a very positive experience and it's almost expectation that every organization I work with should have Okta.

Pros

Cons

The double authentication was annoying at times but the app was easy enough to use. I never had an issue logging in to the applications I needed.

Makes using my phone for work EASY

It streamlines my daily work tasks when I'm away from my computer.

Pros

My favorite thing about Okta was downloading the app in lieu of giving my company express permission to access my personal cell phone. If you download the Okta app and sync it with our work profile, I am still able to access all the files I need through Box, Outlook360, Concur, ADP, and others. It makes accessing them when I am not at my laptop, extremely easy. In the case of needing to get to my email remotely, it makes the process much faster than firing up the computer, logging onto the VPN, and signing into Outlook.

Cons

Occasionally, I have to sign into the individual apps again, but it's still infinitely easier than working on my laptop in a pinch.

Peter from Allergan Concierge

Okta-mazing!

Overall, I would recommend Okta to any business that manages loads of people and loads of different applications requiring SSO! We have used it on so many different applications and completely streamlined access for our people, saving us time and in effect...money!

Pros

We have used Okta for many years in many different ways! We love the ease of use and the ability to have people signed into different applications through Okta. It eliminates the need for employees to manage several different login names and passwords! Who has time for all that?!

Cons

There is absolutely nothing I dislike about Okta!

Single Sign On for Social Media Accounts

Okta has been a great time-saver for our team. It allowed us to ensure only the correct people are accessing the tools they have permission to use and removed the risk of employees sharing logins to access publishing accounts.

Pros

We use SSO to link our CMS platform and social media accounts to their delegated publishers. Okta has allowed us to ensure each social media account is secure and not at risk for a rogue social media post or a disgruntled former employee.

Cons

I am not on the IT side so I cannot speak to the implementation process for adding new platforms within Okta/SSO.

Okta Review

Great for security and application centralisation. I'll highly recommend it

Pros

I used OKTA for over a year, it is an amazing SSO application, integrates well into so many other applications. The Mobile app is also simple to use, both the OKTA App and the OKTA verify App, I use both, OKTA verify works well even when you dont have internet access via the unique codes generated, the push notification feature is also great. The Multifactor works well with Call, SMS, or the App.

Cons

The frequency of having to relogin in can be problematic, it would be great if improvements can be made in studying user pattens of use and some AI based features can predict use and manage it effectively

Nicole from MAA

Great way to streamline applications!

I highly recommend Okta to all of those that work in a professional environment. It is truly the most efficient way to function throughout the work day. Saves a lot of time.

Pros

I love the single sign on feature that Okta has that streamlines the access to all of our work applications. This makes all aspects of work more time efficient. Saves us a lot of time not having to log into applications separately throughout the work day.

Cons

Nothing, it is very easy to use and helps to streamline the work day. Very user friendly and no issues as far as access.

Robin from HotChalk

Not sure we will keep this product

We use Okta every day for many applications. For the most part, it simply set it and forget it. HOWEVER, they are not very Small Business friendly. Contacting and working with Contracts and Support require a lot of effort and often with minimal results.

Pros

Active Directory integration, GSuite Integration, a lot of established apps for integration are available through their Add an App page

Cons

Support is slow, and prices are high. When integrated apps are updated by the app vendor, it often just breaks in Okta. They don't seem to be proactive on many of their supported apps.

Natalie from Verizon Media

Okta Review

Overall, I have had a good experience with Okta, with the exception of having to sign in many times throughout the day.

Pros

Okta protects our company and my professional / personal data by allowing us to have a secure sign in process. It has been very reliable thus far, and I haven't had any issues.

Cons

Constantly signing in can be a pain, as we're often prompted numerous times to sign in to our Okta account throughout the workday. We are also regularly prompted to update our password, which can be difficult to remember and become confusing.

Jessie from Appfolio Inc.

Great tool!

It simplifies my life & allows me to more easily do the things I need to on a daily basis.

Pros

I love that it simplifies my life! I literally don't know what I would do without Okta because it allows me to easily access to tools that I need without having to remember a zillion passwords.

Cons

I can't find anything yet. One thing I've thought about is being able to use it for personal log ins (instead of just work-related ones). I haven't tried this but would love to consolidate my personal and professional log in credentials into 1 Okta account.

SSO tool to allow you login once to different apps

Our company is not a huge one, but still we use lots of different websites and apps for work. In the past we had to remember passwords for all these apps separately, but after our company started to use okta, this nightmare is gone. Now you can log into okta once and choose the app you need to log into - very convenient!

Pros

* No need to remember lots of different passwords, you login once into Okta, there you see all the available applications and choose what to login to. * They have their okta verify app for lots of platforms, not only ios/android

Cons

Had problems with okta verify app on my smartphone, it didn't allow me to have 2 okta accounts, while I had to use 2 oktas: 1 for my company and 1 the client's.

Greg from Ursinus College

SAML 2.0 vs OpenID Connect

Pros

Okta is a great SSO vendor, being reliable and overall having very good documentation

Cons

We spent months developing an application to utilized OpenID Connect, something all their docs point to as the preferred method only to find out that it was enabled in Dev, but we had to pay a high fee for us to have it in production. This is causing us to have to rewrite the application to SAML 2.0 (no additional cost). I have no idea why OpenID comes at an additional cost, but it wasn't worth the pricing.

Jenna from Bill.com

Excellent tool for secure identity management

Okta helps to solve the problems of identity fraud and user authentication, helping to secure both workforce and customer identity.

Pros

Okta is a secure tool for identity management with Single Sign-On, Multi-factor Authentication, Lifecycle Management, and more. I use it daily to access company apps and services, which provides an easy to use and secure environment.

Cons

MFA requires a 2nd step (authorization code) to authenticate your identity on new devices, but it is more secure and worth the time to validate.

John from GSK

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Best sign-in manager.

Pros

It is very simple to use. The procedures to get into the application are very easy. No previous knowledge is required to understand its functionality. The task of re-typing your passwords is now minimal since this application solves that very problem. They have both Android and iPhone versions, apart from the desktop version. Since there are a lot of applications already enrolled, it becomes easier to use.

Cons

The support team is not very helpful. The fact that they charge you for having a conversation with their support team seemed ridiculous. Also, the very application when all the necessary features are added is quite expensive.

Great for keeping my information safe and organized!

Pros

Okta is an incredibly helpful tool for keeping everything in one place. Instead of having multiple bookmarks to keep track of your usual spots, Okta keeps them nice and organized. It saves your passwords, so there's no need to remember all the passwords you may use across multiple platforms. It also provides an extra layer of security, which is essential to keeping your information safe and secure.

Cons

No complaints! I have yet to come across any issues with Okta.

Ramindu from Virtusa Corporation

Straightforward and privately-hosted identity management for the enterprise

Okta provides our organization with a comprehensive identity server to allow employees to login to their enterprise applications from anywhere at any time.

Pros

Okta provides a comprehensive suite of identity management tools for integration with traditional enterprise identity platforms. The ability to configure different for multi-factor authentication and the capability of classic OAuth2 integrations make Okta a well-rounded tool for identity management.

Cons

Okta can have a slightly high price point for a standalone identity management solution. Enterprise-specific customizations and application integrations post-customization can be slightly tricky at times.

Harish from ITC Limited

An application that makes access and identity management an easy task!

Pros

Installing and setting up the application is a very simple process. It didn't take me much time to get used to Okta. It has helped us save a lot of time by eliminating the need to type and retype passwords huge number of times. The support team has been extremely responsive to our concerns and issues were solved with in hours. The integration with the AD (active directory) has been seamless, within seconds we were able to import information and create accounts. In addition to thousands of applications in their catalog, they keep adding more each day.

Cons

I found that the report generation features aren’t up to the mark. When we wanted to delete some accounts, I couldn't do it myself and had to get help from a customer support agent. What they said was we can only deactivate, but not delete them. I needed it to be removed from everywhere in fact.

Ashleigh from LifeWay Christian Resources

Industry: Publishing

Okta

We use Okta every day to access all of our daily programs and software.

Pros

I like that it's easy to have all the necessary programs available to access in one place. My company uses Okta to house all of our major systems. I love that I can use just one password to access everything.

Cons

I hate that the password has to be sixteen characters long. It takes forever to sign in and when you're clocking in it can make you late just taking the time to type out a sixteen character password.

Maxwell (Enmanuel) from V2

Best SSO solution for use and collaboration

Basic single sign-on for security, managing and sharing single credentials for multiple team members to leverage.

Pros

Interface, app, chrome extension are super easy to use, great options to manage/organize various apps that are assigned.

Cons

There is a situation in which the browser can be set to memorize the password provided by Okta, which technically could allow a user to directly access said password. Ideally they'd look into some browser policies via the chrome extension to account for this

Garima from Dealersocket

Bringing the entire organization to one place

It is quiet convenient and beneficial for the intra organizational integrations. It brings accessibility and ability to contact any department with ease.

Pros

It is so easy to use. We have everything from HR , IT helpdesk, accounting , CRM, LMS, salesforce ...everything integrated into this platform. Looks like everything is just a click away, So much easier than saving individual links. We use this to also access into our ADP clock in clock out app. so basically our day starts and ends with logging into okta

Cons

It does not lets you access all the integrations on the mobile app. when i login using my phone, some of the links are grayed out.

Make your life easier with Okta

Pros

Ease of use, return on investment, ease of management, reporting, constant improvements. Thats just to hit the top level. Full integration into your environment with more capabilities than most solutions can provide, and all in the cloud. A great place to start for a cloud first methodology.

Cons

No, delete button for users but it's coming. I have several wants with Okta. But they are growing and is becoming more and more useful with each passing quarter.

You can view everything with just one click

Makes it easier to access any work-related tool with full security, you can easily carry your work on your phone without any worry

Pros

- The best feature for this app is that I can access my work related apps anywhere with just one click on an icon, my emails, ATS tool, and calendar.... everything with just one click away - It also works if you have slow internet, trust me the area I stay in has very bad reception, most of the time... I don't have to open my laptop to check anything. I can easily do my work on my phone

Cons

I have been using Okta for more than a year but haven't faced any issue till now

Ethan from Waystar

OKTA for Waystar

Pros

I like how all of my passwords are kept in one centralized location. I do not have to keep up with them in another document or on paper. Whenever you visit a website that has the stored credentials, the OKTA box pops up and asks if you want to login with your saved information. Makes logging into websites a breeze! Helps save alot of time and headaches.

Cons

Honestly nothing - it does everything it needs to do.

Hannah from WSU

Okta is great for improved security

Okta is in my opinion necessary for any business, especially large ones with lots of administrators, contractors, employees, etc.

Pros

For our purposes, Okta is simply used to authenticate users of the University's online portal. It does its job seamlessly and helps to make sure the right users are in the right place. Okta is compatible on a ton of different software products, so it is pretty much industry standard.

Cons

No cons come to mind with regard to Okta. My only gripe is that with Okta in place, it takes a few seconds longer to log on, but that is so trivial and is worth the few extra seconds.

Allyssa from UpGuard

Okta > OneLogin

Pros

Best experience I could have asked for. It makes it so easy to log into one account and get access to all of my accounts. I love that I only have to memorize one password and since I work for a cyber security company it makes it easier for us to keep things secure. Also, the Chrome Extension is nice!

Cons

The interface could look a lot better and sometimes the brand logos don't load so it's harder to find what you need.

Great e-platform for company

Pros

I learned of Okta because my company uses it basically for everything. Okta is a base-camp for all other applications that are not only work-related but also for variety of other sites. Single sign-on system is super useful and time effective. Also Okta checks up on me whether login was successful everytime I visit different sites and Okta tries the best to be most user-friendly as possible.

Cons

Okta is super convenient to use for first-time users and I could not really point out cons of using this sofware. It's simple, easy to use and user-friendly.

Kate from DialogTech

Okta Review

I don't have a problem with Okta but I think you need to create a habit to sign in to it to get to your tools

Pros

Helpful in the sense that it has a majority of the tools I use on a daily basis on one page.

Cons

This is more at the fault of my organization, but it was sold to us to reduce the amount of times that we need to sign in and now everything has secondary authorizations so it has almost created more lost time for signing in to accounts.

Murali from Mindtree

Okta is a cloud-based software that helps companies to improve customer experience, prevent data breached and modernize IT furthermore.

Pros

Okta users can feed information needed to log in to different websites and the software can remember it for you, thus making it easy to access a wide variety of accounts, without having to remember each and every passwords as the software remembers the saved login credentials. Okta is easy to use and access and can be used in different platforms such as mobile phones and tablets, making logging into accounts easy. This implements the concept of Single Sign On, which needs the user to only log into one account, that is, of Okta to get access to all the applications of which the credentials have been saved.

Cons

The cost of Okta may not be affordable to small and medium scale companies, only the larger or more established companies can use this software to store employees’ login credentials and other passwords. The software also does not give options of adding or deleting more or less services to manipulate the usage charges.