• Pros

• "I like the layout of this product. It makes it really easy to find all of my applications. "

• "I love that this software makes accessing all of my applications easy. It cut down on a lot of the previous issues that we had and was simple to use."

• "Easy to use platform and have had no problems with access. Makes my life easier. "

• Cons

• "If you don't use Active Directory some things can be a little difficult to set up, but it isn't a deal breaker if you compare other services."

• "i would say adding users can seem a bit tricky and odd if you don't do it all the time, it could be a little clearer on adding users into your account. but other than that its pretty solid software"

• "although it may be an adjustment and annoying for some people- there have been no issues with it and it is necessary to have. "

Browse Okta Identity Cloud Reviews

Kedar Mendhurwar from Bell Media

Okta SSO

If cost is not an issue, this is should be the tool to go to. This is one of the best IAM tools present out there.

Pros

The deployment and app integration with Okta is fairly simple. The tool is very admin friendly and user friendly. It's due to it's ease of use and wide variety of features that it offers, it is one of the best IAM tools and regarded as one of the best SSO solutions out there. The SSO integration is very simple and straightforward with most of the apps and most of the vendors that support SSO integration with Okta. The option to have an independent directory as well as an option to integrate with your existing directory works quite well. Other features such as life cycle management, Directory service and threat management make it a complete package. If cost is not an issue, this is should be the tool to go to. The documentation is very clear and the supoort is very responsive. The deployment takes less than 3 months.

Cons

The only downside is the cost which is much higher as compared to its competitors

Reasons for Choosing Okta Identity Cloud

Because of its wide range of compatibility and ease of use.

Chase from The Hope for Fertility Foundation

Hands Down The Best SSO/Adaptive MFA Solution on the Market

We have been more than pleased with Okta. It makes signing into a bunch of different applications so much easier and only having to remember one password. Without having any prior knowledge with SAML, being able to set up new applications was still very simple and straightforward.

Pros

Okta has simplified everything for us. The process of setting up applications is pretty straight forward, and the number of applications that are supported is amazing. The adaptive MFA is really neat so we can easily balance security and usability to meet just about everyone's needs. The amount of work we have to do to onboard a new user has been reduced drastically through the support of SCIM and APIs. They continue to innovate and bring out new features that further enhance the usability and security of Okta.

Cons

Only minor issues with Okta, primarily being chose of wording for some of the settings that lead to some confusion on when Okta sessions expire.

Reasons for Choosing Okta Identity Cloud

Simplicity was the overarching factor in selecting Okta. They are very focused on helping nonprofits as well, and that was a huge bonus for us.

Elena from ATI

I No Longer Have to Remember Passwords!

I love it. In the future, if I ever get my own business off the ground, I will definitely be considering OKTA as a software that we will use.

Pros

At my company, we had separate logins for SO MANY PLATFORMS. And you know how it goes - each password has to contain a certain number of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, special characters, etc. It was getting so hard to remember passwords, and I was getting sick of having to reset my password every time I logged into something. OKTA solved that problem for me. By navigating to the OKTA page, I could click on one of the "tiles", and it would log me into that platform. Made my life 100x easier.

Cons

Occasionally, I would have issues logging into OKTA itself, which made it impossible to log into my other apps. This was a bug that our IT team seemed to fix. Aside of that, a lot of my issues turned out to be user-error. Once I received training for OKTA, all of my problems were resolved.

No need to remember a password or ever log in again!

Pros

I use this software for a company I work with and love how I don't ever have to remember passwords - AND how it logs me in automatically. I'm a man who loves things to be easy, and Okta removes those extra clicks of having to select my username and click submit (I'm looking at you, LastPass).

Cons

When I'm logged into Okta, it automatically selects my credentials for me. So for sites that I have lots of user names for, it overrides my ability to choose one. I then have to open an incognito window, and pull my un/pw from LastPass - which is a pain.

Eva from Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Detroit

Okta is Interesting

Our headquarters switched from Zimbra to Okta several years ago. Although Okta seems to be much better than Zimbra (our email is now powered by gmail), I wish that the Okta capabilities were a bit more obvious. I just discovered that I could attach other software/services like Mailchimp and social media accounts as plug-ins. My overall experience has been good...just slow-going.

Pros

I would say that it is easier than other team/workforce email software that our company has used in the past. However, I still find it a bit convoluted. It seems like there are many things that can be integrated into our Okta settings.

Cons

I do not know if this is the fault of Okta or our headquarters, but it is still hard to see the full benefits of using Okta for our workplace email/communications.

Reasons for Switching to Okta Identity Cloud

I did not make the switch - headquarters did.

David from IT services

Okta Buyer Review

Need to provide Single Sign-On (SSO) and policy modeled MFA/Adaptive Authentication along with Directory integration are the main use cases. Okta hit it spot on!

Pros

SaaS Model, easy to provision and supports the most used applications from an access management and directory integration perspective. The user interface and capabilities are light years ahead of the competition.

Cons

Limitations around on-premise integration with applications and environments. This is not too bad as a SCIM provisioning agent/component is available to support limited provisioning to on-prem applications.

Reasons for Choosing Okta Identity Cloud

Okta is leading the charge in the world of "modern authentication" and has integration/apps to support a highly mobile workforce supporting appropriate access to applications and services.

Owen from North American Bancard

Okta integrations is flawless

optimizing overall business processes by streamlining authentication.

Pros

How well it integrates with all of our corporate tools needed to secure the enterprise.

Cons

I would request that they expand out the option to remember a device from 10 hours to 12

Reasons for Choosing Okta Identity Cloud

It was seamless to add business tools to the platform

Yuriy from Crux Informatics

Solid SSO package.

Overall, this really does help with consolidating logins, making onboarding and offboarding a very easy process. There are some admin panel quirks, but overall very useful.

Pros

Software is easy to use and implement. The Control panel just makes sense. Every implementation is very well documented and pretty much walks you through every integration possible. MFA is fairly easy. Support is great. Even pre-sale, we were able to get support from sales engineers and it was great. Pricing is nice too if you go through a reseller.

Cons

While the control panel is nice, there are quirks. The bulk delete users process is painful, you almost have to do it one by one. The MFA, while nice, can be quirky. I am getting a bit fed up with the number of authenticator apps on my phone.

Reasons for Choosing Okta Identity Cloud

Integration setup was much easier with Okta making this a no-brainer pick.

Mariam from Cognizant Technology Solutions

Great option for a single sign on!

Over all great

Pros

We used this when I worked at petsmart and it was great because once you set up Your OKTA password, everything was the same across the board so you could log into any of the companies programs with the same username and password as long as it was through OKTA. Made remembering log ins SOOOOO easy because I only had to remember one, not 20

Cons

Password reset didn’t work properly and I always had to call if I needed a reset

Michael from Showpad

One place to rule them all

Easy access on all of your platforms and devices, easily managed by your IT team

Pros

As an end-user, it's a super handy tool to log in to all of the web apps you have access to, without having to remember all of the different passwords. As an admin, it's great to allow and revoke access based on user roles/groups

Cons

Custom integrations are a bit harder to get done properly. Not sure if this is an Okta issue or the 3rd party software thing, though

David from HomeAway

Single sign-on done right

We were trying to solve a ubiquitous problem - how to use cloud/saas services within an enterprise and keep control of the authentication to them all. Okta gives us a centralized place to manage those passwords, automates the integration of Active Directory authorization and authentication, and it also helps employees discover what services are available to us.

Pros

Have you ever heard someone with this "great" idea? "I'm going to make a webpage that has all your links. When you click them, it'll authenticate for you". It sounds great, but in reality it's extremely hard to do. Securely storing passwords, integration with enterprise systems, centralized management of the lists of links, etc. And, if you do one thing wrong, you can compromise the security of literally millions of logins. Okta seems to have conquered the problem. It's central management is wonderful. New employees login for the first time and immediately have dozens of applications available to them. New applications are all managed through our Active Directory groups. It has a great chrome extension that gives you access to your links from your toolbar. The smartphone app, Okta Verify, is fast and works well.

Cons

At work, I use 3 servers within Okta. One for our "corporate" servers, one for "production" and one for our parent company. The chrome extension only shows the links from the most recently accessed. So, I end up having to use the web pages, even with the extension. Also, having multiple Okta servers doesn't work well with LastPass and other password managers. They see all my servers as the same host. But, I have different passwords. So, I basically just turn off password management for Okta.

Okta - MFA solution

Overall satisfied with product. Many companies have been increasingly integrating with okta.

Pros

We have integrated Okta with most of our apps. With MFA enabled you need to download Okta app on your phone and accept the push to login. I have been using this for more than a year and has been working fine so far. Integrations with Okta have been ok was able to read through documentation and proceed with integration. There is single page which shows all the okta enabled apps which is cool too.

Cons

There is some delay in push notifications at times. Also in case you loose your phone then you are caught up since you need phone to login and need to work with helpdesk to get it sorted.

Reasons for Switching to Okta Identity Cloud

This was enterprise level decision.

Great tool for giving end users access

we use this for so much, a user wants to access an email account or group, give them a chicklet for it, it allows for much better sharing of items and greater control over the access as well which is great.

Pros

I love this tool. No longer have to risk giving out passwords to account. I can just give my user access to an OKTA account and then assign them chicklets to access account, software, groups and so forth, without them ever having to know the password to them. It works well and is fairly easy to use and set up users. The AD tie in is nice and helps in making it easier to add users to your account. Put yourself at ease and give OKTA a real look you will not be disappointed.

Single Sign-on that (mostly) works

Okta has made signing in quicker, without the need to worry about different passwords.

Pros

Okta provides a useful service by acting as a single sign on for enterprise. As an employee I'm able to store and login to a number of sites, simply with my Okta account.

Cons

While single sign-on is nice, remembering that I'm logged in doesn't seem to work reliably. Many times I have to sign in to Okta, before using it to sign in to another service. Making browser saved passwords more efficient in many cases.

Company Change

Bryan from Merkle, Inc.

Okta is great for MFA

Overall Okta has been a very easy tool to adopt and use for the organization. It's been consistent and there haven't been any issues apparent to the end user since the rollout.

Pros

Okta is an extremely easy-to-use software for multi-factor authentication. It is extremely user-friendly from set up to ongoing use for any user with a smartphone. All they have to do is download the Okta app and follow very simple instructions to set up your Okta app with your token. Even switching phones is easy for those who get a new phone. The Okta push is consistent, fast, and reliable. For employees who do not have a smart phone or don't want to download the Okta app on their phone, there are alternatives like receiving a phone call.

Cons

The most challenging part of Okta is that it can only authenticate one account per browser session. If for some reason you have two accounts that each use Okta as the MFA, it makes the user experience a little tricky.

kalaiselvan from Bahwan cyber tek

Okta Review

Overall, i am very impressed with the Okta with its powerful security standard implementation.

Pros

Okta exposes its identity API in REST interface with JSON which provide both Authentication and Authorization based on the need.So it is easy to integrate with any type of application as a front end security layer . OAuth 2.0 implementation by okta provide token which has a validity for some specific time avoid the overhead of making extra authentication call each time. They give different sort of strong security implementation including single sign on for both Authentication and Authorization but licensing will vary based on the implementation we use in the application. Time to integrate with any sort of application is very very less .

Cons

You need to understand okta documentation properly to integrate the appropriate security implementation. we have to put some initial effort in understanding the API.

Great User Experience and Easy Administration

Pros

Our users save minutes every single day, no longer repetitively typing and re-typing their directory password. When we have had issues with applications, their support has been extremely responsive. They also take what the community builds as custom applications and will roll those into the app library as they put polish on them and make them ready for prime time.

Cons

The only downside to Okta is cost. We know these systems are not cheap and Okta is one of the premium models for sure. We decided that with a system which was so user intensive and users had to touch many times per day for logging into applications, we were not willing to sacrifice usability for what came down to not a lot of money. I will tell you that the list pricing on their website is very negotiable. If you can find some other customers to talk pricing to you you'll know that good deals are there if you work it correctly with your account team and their sales cycle.

Alexandra from GDIT

Industry: Public Policy

Okta is a One-Stop Hub for Everything You Need

I use Okta on a daily basis to access a variety of resources for work, including email, the helpdesk and my HR information. It is easy to use and navigate. I love that it is a one stop hub for all of my company's resources.

Pros

Okta makes it easy to connect to all of my company's resources, especially when I am working remotely. The interface is intuitive and visually appealing. There is a button for each resource on the homepage. You can even personalize your homepage by moving the buttons around so the ones you use most are at the beginning of the list.

Cons

I wish you could create categories or folders and organize all of the resources on the Okta page by these categories or folders. It would help me find the resource I'm looking for even quicker!

Okta use for all aspects of office work

Getting it set up was a little difficult, but luckily our IT team helped us. Once it was all logged in and set up, it was very easy to use, and our IT team had every app installed that we would need to use for work.

Pros

I like that it puts all of our apps in one place, for use no matter whether we are at the office, on a laptop, or having to use a public computer or even your phone. You can securely access email, box, our workday (time keeping and pay app), and many other things.

Cons

Sometimes it's difficult to access things if you happen to not have your phone with you. You have to have the second way to log in, and if you don't have your cell phone or an apple watch, you can't confirm your access.

Reasons for Switching to Okta Identity Cloud

To make everything more secure for the team.

Owen from The Weitz Company

Okta - Easy on IT, Easy on End Users

Pros

Okta is intuitive to manage. It packages a lot of components into a single pane of glass (unlike, say, Microsoft's solution which requires a bunch of disparate systems). You get a log of value for your money. The support and development teams are responsive. The support for single sign-on to non-SSO apps with the browser plugin is very helpful. The product looks nice, and is easy for end users to use. The Okta Application Network has far more apps total, with SAML support, and with provisioning support than the competitors.

Cons

Their MDM solution (OMM) is very basic, and slow to develop more features. It would be nice if you could deploy any mobile app you wish, not just the ones associated with catalog apps. OMM should really support enterprise wireless profiles as well. The browser plugin for IE sometimes misbehaves, and upgrading it doesn't always go as smoothly as it should.

Brian from Smith + Nephew

Okta makes all your single sign on apps simple to access

Okta is a nicely designed, streamlined, experience for the typical end-user. Making SSO to internal websites and application a breeze to use everyday at work.

Pros

Okta was great for all our internal company websites and apps. With the single sign on, there was no need to remember a bunch of passwords to different websites or apps. Even if you added external websites to Okta, it would act like a password manager for your websites that you use external from the company. Very easy to navigate layout, and looks nice.

Cons

if any of your password got out of sync with Okta (mostly external sites that don't use SSO), it was a little difficult to understand how to update the password if you are not tech savvy.

David from eMoney Advisor

Okta is great for admins and end users

Our company has so many apps that trying to remember passwords for all of them would be a nightmare. I love how Okta can grant access to one user while denying access to that same app for another user.

Pros

I love how easy this platform is for end users to immediately pick up and use. It is also extremely powerful for IT admins to configure. The Okta Integration Network is a great resource to see if an app / platform is supported. I also LOVE that they offer free training and certifications.

Cons

I wish there was more documentation on how to configure applications from the Okta side. Example: I need to pass a parameter from Okta into my LMS, but neither the LMS vendor nor Okta has any docs stating how to do this.

The easiest way to sign in to everything

Okta has saved me time and energy, and as stupid as it might sound to say that when it comes to maybe 10 seconds for signing in to each service – it definitely adds up over time.

Pros

Okta is the software that I didn't know I needed in my life. Remembering a single password and having access to every service I need for my job is amazing. Long gone are the days of opening my computer in the morning at work and spending the next 20 minutes logging in to all of the websites that I was going to be using that day.

Cons

Honestly, I don't think there is anything. Maybe the ability to customize the look of the main Okta screen? It may even be possible through the backend but it isn't the prettiest in my eyes.

Rachel from Workfront

Okta provides security that doesn't create burdensome obstacles

I use Okta every day to navigate to Salesforce, Gong, our DAM, Motivosity, and several other applications we use daily. I like how easy it is to get to these applications and that from an end-user's perspective I don't think about the security element of it much at all. It just helps me do my job.

Pros

Okta provides security that doesn't create burdensome obstacles. I love that Okta is really easy to verify with. It also serves as a centralized page to find all sorts of applications that I use every single day. It even allows you to customize the order of the applications so you aren't searching for the ones you use more regularly. I really love the Okta Extension on Google. It makes life so much easier.

Cons

I haven't experienced this, but some people have had to verify more often than they would like. I think for most people, it just does it automatically.

I use it daily and never had issues. I think it could use an update on apps because sometimes searching for them they don't show and others do.

Pros

It's easy to use and user-friendly and so far admins are able to set things up super quick for us end users. The display is friendly as well, not clunky.

Cons

I don't have any Cons that would really hurt the purchase but would like to not see the "suggested saved" pop up. That gets annoying, I'll save it if I want.

Reasons for Switching to Okta Identity Cloud

Not sure, I think of ease of use.

Collin from Trunk Club

Seamless and Secure SSO - A UX Review from a Front-End User

I am a user of this software rather an administrator, but do have some visibility to the back-end as I work with our IT department occasionally. From a user experience standpoint, I have not come across a nicer SSO platform. It is truly a pleasure to use and seamless when accessing our systems.

Pros

A true single sign on platform. We are a high volume company with over 1200 employees and utilize multiple cloud-based vendors. Having all of these platforms centralized within Okta is invaluable. I could not imagine my day-to-day without it. API documentation is extensive and functionality is robust. Okta has become our "Single Source of Truth" for not only connecting vendors, but also our data. Mobile based app is intuitive and fast for dual-authentication. System is very secure. Hand-offs are seamless.

Cons

Dual authentication and tokens can sometime require a dual submission. Permission grants and overall setup for user-specific platforms may take some time. Other than that, not much more!

Jacob from OmniTRAX

Okta is a powerful, easy to use SSO tool with a decent amount of customizability, easy to administer

Pros

1. I like how easy it is to set up for the first time. We synced up AD to it with very little work, or issue. 2. I love how easy it is to add new applications and maintain our instance. 3. It's very easy to use. We rarely have issues with end users. 4. There are a lot of built in application setups already, which makes it easy to add most software. 5. The documentation and app setup walkthroughs are great.

Cons

1. Their customer service is pretty bad. I deal with a lot of vendors and this is one of my least favorites to have to call. 2. While their application documentation is good, the rest of their documentation is pretty hit or miss. I'd say the majority are good, but several are just not very useful at all. 3. While it's easy to administer, this comes at the cost of some customizability.

Chris from Cherry Bekaert LLP

Best two factor Identity Management solution out there!

Love it, it the best there is out there!

Pros

So many pros, how to list them all: - Single Sign-on, - Multi-factor Auth - Life-cycle Management - Universal Directory - API access management Okta coves all basis of Identify management in an easy to use software solution. The best aprt is now most of my employees do even know there password for access to critical / sensitive software and applications.

Cons

When okta down, my staff are unable to get access to majority of the solutions they use. This has happened only 2 times and was for less then an hour each time in the 3 year we been suing okta.

Does what you need it to do

It was a very positive experience and it's almost expectation that every organization I work with should have Okta.

Pros

Cons

The double authentication was annoying at times but the app was easy enough to use. I never had an issue logging in to the applications I needed.

It wasn't robust enough

Leader in SSO space. Very well build and mature

We use it for our main login for all our cloud apps and saas-providers. We use it for role based access control and I monitor all the event logs.

Pros

As a cloud first company and having a highly-distributed workforce, having Okta as our front door for our apps is very nice. Great RBAC. Good logging

Cons

Not a huge problem, but closely monitor and audit who the Okta admins are and have access to make changes. We have only a few, and only allow certain people/accounts to make changes. We also get alerts whenever this happens.

Reasons for Choosing Okta Identity Cloud

We're not a huge Windows shop. More scalable.

Makes using my phone for work EASY

It streamlines my daily work tasks when I'm away from my computer.

Pros

My favorite thing about Okta was downloading the app in lieu of giving my company express permission to access my personal cell phone. If you download the Okta app and sync it with our work profile, I am still able to access all the files I need through Box, Outlook360, Concur, ADP, and others. It makes accessing them when I am not at my laptop, extremely easy. In the case of needing to get to my email remotely, it makes the process much faster than firing up the computer, logging onto the VPN, and signing into Outlook.

Cons

Occasionally, I have to sign into the individual apps again, but it's still infinitely easier than working on my laptop in a pinch.

Single Sign On for Social Media Accounts

Okta has been a great time-saver for our team. It allowed us to ensure only the correct people are accessing the tools they have permission to use and removed the risk of employees sharing logins to access publishing accounts.

Pros

We use SSO to link our CMS platform and social media accounts to their delegated publishers. Okta has allowed us to ensure each social media account is secure and not at risk for a rogue social media post or a disgruntled former employee.

Cons

I am not on the IT side so I cannot speak to the implementation process for adding new platforms within Okta/SSO.

Reliable and easy to use

I was a little wary when our organization moved to SSO, but Okta has been easy to use and fuss-free.

Pros

I've never had any downtime, login, or 2FA issues with Okta. It's always just worked for me The fact that you can use many types of 2FA applications is a big plus. The UI is simple and quick to use, too. I can usually just get in, click the application I need, and keep moving.

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult to find out why you don't have access to a certain application. It wasn't clear to me who to contact when this happened to me one time.

Okta Review

Great for security and application centralisation. I'll highly recommend it

Pros

I used OKTA for over a year, it is an amazing SSO application, integrates well into so many other applications. The Mobile app is also simple to use, both the OKTA App and the OKTA verify App, I use both, OKTA verify works well even when you dont have internet access via the unique codes generated, the push notification feature is also great. The Multifactor works well with Call, SMS, or the App.

Cons

The frequency of having to relogin in can be problematic, it would be great if improvements can be made in studying user pattens of use and some AI based features can predict use and manage it effectively

Nicole from MAA

Great way to streamline applications!

I highly recommend Okta to all of those that work in a professional environment. It is truly the most efficient way to function throughout the work day. Saves a lot of time.

Pros

I love the single sign on feature that Okta has that streamlines the access to all of our work applications. This makes all aspects of work more time efficient. Saves us a lot of time not having to log into applications separately throughout the work day.

Cons

Nothing, it is very easy to use and helps to streamline the work day. Very user friendly and no issues as far as access.

Robin from HotChalk

Not sure we will keep this product

We use Okta every day for many applications. For the most part, it simply set it and forget it. HOWEVER, they are not very Small Business friendly. Contacting and working with Contracts and Support require a lot of effort and often with minimal results.

Pros

Active Directory integration, GSuite Integration, a lot of established apps for integration are available through their Add an App page

Cons

Support is slow, and prices are high. When integrated apps are updated by the app vendor, it often just breaks in Okta. They don't seem to be proactive on many of their supported apps.

Peter from Allergan Concierge

Okta-mazing!

Overall, I would recommend Okta to any business that manages loads of people and loads of different applications requiring SSO! We have used it on so many different applications and completely streamlined access for our people, saving us time and in effect...money!

Pros

We have used Okta for many years in many different ways! We love the ease of use and the ability to have people signed into different applications through Okta. It eliminates the need for employees to manage several different login names and passwords! Who has time for all that?!

Cons

There is absolutely nothing I dislike about Okta!

Natalie from Verizon Media

Okta Review

Overall, I have had a good experience with Okta, with the exception of having to sign in many times throughout the day.

Pros

Okta protects our company and my professional / personal data by allowing us to have a secure sign in process. It has been very reliable thus far, and I haven't had any issues.

Cons

Constantly signing in can be a pain, as we're often prompted numerous times to sign in to our Okta account throughout the workday. We are also regularly prompted to update our password, which can be difficult to remember and become confusing.

No Major Complaints

There is nothing exciting about Okta but it does what it’s supposed to and is easy to use.

Pros

I like that Okta automatically prompts me to add new website logins to Okta so that I don’t have to login every time. It makes it easy to login to frequently visited websites. The websites are also categorized by my work apps and personal apps; so, I can more easily get to what I’m looking for. I also like that the Company’s IT department can easily provide access to different software tools through Okta, which cuts down on many requests for access.

Cons

I find that Okta doesn’t consistently stay logged in and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to when I am logged out.

SSO tool to allow you login once to different apps

Our company is not a huge one, but still we use lots of different websites and apps for work. In the past we had to remember passwords for all these apps separately, but after our company started to use okta, this nightmare is gone. Now you can log into okta once and choose the app you need to log into - very convenient!

Pros

* No need to remember lots of different passwords, you login once into Okta, there you see all the available applications and choose what to login to. * They have their okta verify app for lots of platforms, not only ios/android

Cons

Had problems with okta verify app on my smartphone, it didn't allow me to have 2 okta accounts, while I had to use 2 oktas: 1 for my company and 1 the client's.

Yusuf from Schneider Electric

Ease of access - Single sign on

Great tool and works well with no privacy concerns

Pros

A great easy to use login manager and tool manager Works seamlessly and is a great way to manage user authentication

Cons

There should be user option to keep logged in for a specific duration, it frequently logs out too soon and this can be issue when it’s left in the background More integration would be ideal

Alternate application use

Greg from Ursinus College

SAML 2.0 vs OpenID Connect

Pros

Okta is a great SSO vendor, being reliable and overall having very good documentation

Cons

We spent months developing an application to utilized OpenID Connect, something all their docs point to as the preferred method only to find out that it was enabled in Dev, but we had to pay a high fee for us to have it in production. This is causing us to have to rewrite the application to SAML 2.0 (no additional cost). I have no idea why OpenID comes at an additional cost, but it wasn't worth the pricing.

Jenna from Bill.com

Excellent tool for secure identity management

Okta helps to solve the problems of identity fraud and user authentication, helping to secure both workforce and customer identity.

Pros

Okta is a secure tool for identity management with Single Sign-On, Multi-factor Authentication, Lifecycle Management, and more. I use it daily to access company apps and services, which provides an easy to use and secure environment.

Cons

MFA requires a 2nd step (authorization code) to authenticate your identity on new devices, but it is more secure and worth the time to validate.

Benjamin from Renaissance Learning

Working Great

Ever since our company switched, logging into the different services has been normalized and smooth. Okta allows the user to manage their own 2FA config.

Pros

Okta has been working great since we switched over. Lets me control my own two-factor settings without getting IT involved. Normalizes the experience of logging into our VPN and 3rd-party services. I have not had any issues since we switched.

Cons

The only issue I've run into is that because they use webauthn for their U2F 2FA, the browser used by some SSO Windows applications that use their own integrated browser to interface, do not work, like our VPN client. I wonder if it'd work if they use the simpler U2F interface.

Ramindu from Virtusa Corporation

Straightforward and privately-hosted identity management for the enterprise

Okta provides our organization with a comprehensive identity server to allow employees to login to their enterprise applications from anywhere at any time.

Pros

Okta provides a comprehensive suite of identity management tools for integration with traditional enterprise identity platforms. The ability to configure different for multi-factor authentication and the capability of classic OAuth2 integrations make Okta a well-rounded tool for identity management.

Cons

Okta can have a slightly high price point for a standalone identity management solution. Enterprise-specific customizations and application integrations post-customization can be slightly tricky at times.

Jessie from Appfolio Inc.

Great tool!

It simplifies my life & allows me to more easily do the things I need to on a daily basis.

Pros

I love that it simplifies my life! I literally don't know what I would do without Okta because it allows me to easily access to tools that I need without having to remember a zillion passwords.

Cons

I can't find anything yet. One thing I've thought about is being able to use it for personal log ins (instead of just work-related ones). I haven't tried this but would love to consolidate my personal and professional log in credentials into 1 Okta account.

Kelsey from DISH Network

Okta Privacy

Overall, Okta is a helpful app to secure your apps and business’s software. However the security can be so high that it’s a difficult app to utilize.

Pros

Okta, is a helpful and useful app to control privacy for a large corporation. The consistent prompts for adding in your Okta code can be frustrating and delay business.

Cons

There are a few occasions where you will try to login to your account and they offer an error called, “bad request”. This happens more often than not and can be extremely frustrating.

Ashleigh from LifeWay Christian Resources

Industry: Publishing

Okta

We use Okta every day to access all of our daily programs and software.

Pros

I like that it's easy to have all the necessary programs available to access in one place. My company uses Okta to house all of our major systems. I love that I can use just one password to access everything.

Cons

I hate that the password has to be sixteen characters long. It takes forever to sign in and when you're clocking in it can make you late just taking the time to type out a sixteen character password.

Okta: Great tool for identity and access management

This is the best tool in the market right now especially considering the work from home scenario and the great community which helps to resolve many issues if you have any.

Pros

It helped us to create new users accounts in our cloud application easy and efficient as well as provided the single sign on functionality as an added security feature.

Cons

I think some apps do not work properly occasionally , I think it is not Okta, but the setup done by my Admin which brings this behavior of the apps occasionally.

Maxwell (Enmanuel) from V2

Best SSO solution for use and collaboration

Basic single sign-on for security, managing and sharing single credentials for multiple team members to leverage.

Pros

Interface, app, chrome extension are super easy to use, great options to manage/organize various apps that are assigned.

Cons

There is a situation in which the browser can be set to memorize the password provided by Okta, which technically could allow a user to directly access said password. Ideally they'd look into some browser policies via the chrome extension to account for this