What are Okta users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Okta software through verified user reviews

• icon"I like that it's very secure. I felt like the information I was accessing was well protected and that Okta was definitely doing it's job."
  • icon"This a great a quick way to SSO when you access a lot of different applications daily. Instead of having to access each application you can access them from one place, which is nice."
  • icon"I love how easy it is to access certain dashboards that I am required to log into every day."
  • icon"I dislike how my company or the software requires password changes relatively frequently."
  • icon"The limitations that revolve around local integration with applications. Not that it's too bad, as an agent is always available to support local applications."
  • icon"There are a few occasions where you will try to login to your account and they offer an error called, “bad request. This happens more often than not and can be extremely frustrating."

Browse all Okta Reviews

• Have you used Okta and would like to share your experience with others?

Greg

Company size: 1,001 - 5,000 employees

Good 2Factor System

Anthony

Industry: Semiconductors

August 2022

Offers multiple, customizable access management options

This is an easy to use platform that integrates easily with other applications, is well supported and provides a secure authentication process with the ability to create our own policies.

Pros

Features a customizable and easy-to-use dashboard that facilitates user login. Enables effective role management and optimizes the management of the entire user identity lifecycle. It offers the advantage of having access to business resources centralized in a robust, customized security and access control system.

Cons

Although this platform offers reliability and ease of access and identity management. I would like its user interface to be a bit more modern and visually pleasing.

Mahipal Singh

Okta Review

My overall experience with Okta is too good. It helps my organisation to provide the access of any new software or platform to their employees easily and users can login that platform from Okta.

Pros

Single Sign On is the best feature which i liked most about this software. It helps organisation to provide the access of a particular platform to their employees and they can login from this platform without asking new credentials to login. It also helps user to not remember different credentials for different platform for login.

Cons

As of now, I don't have anything which I don't like about this software.

Useful but so frustrating

It's been a frustrating journey to say the least. I've heard that it's better to use if you implement it at the very beginning, but can be frustrating if you switch over to it later. My experience has been the latter, so if you're interested in it, just be aware of that.

Pros

It's nice that all my passwords are managed by one software. And the app is somewhat useful as well.

Cons

I'll consistently get locked out of the software, and since everything is tied to it, all my other software as well. This has caused me to lose tons of time during work hours that I can't get back.

Santosh

July 2022

Excellent Authentication Tool - Okta

- The overall experience with Okta is excellent as it is used on every day cadence by all the users in the company for various reasons.

Pros

- Okta is the most efficient and critical application that we use every day and every moment for single-sign-on authentication, password management - Okta is integrated with Salesforce and all applications to perform some business automations accordingly without having the user to login multiple times into multiple applications - Okta has a very good features OOB which are used by enterprise customers at a wider range

Cons

- The pricing for Okta can be more affordable when compared to other alternate solutions in the market - The UI can be more customized and add more OOB features to integrate and build custom APIs - The support can be more responsive on critical issues at all times

Reasons for choosing Okta

- The pricing was better when compared to other alternative products in the market - The customizations available in Okta are more wider than other products

Ryan

August 2022

OKTA works well within my organization to keep data safe

Very positive. I really like it and I feel that my data are safe behind the OKTA wall

Pros

I like that everything is connected to it. There are a lot of different applications that I use for work and OKTA is the way that I sign into all of them. This limits the number of passwords that I have to keep track of even though OKTA does provide a useful password manager functionality as well

Cons

It is a little inconvenient when it is time to get a new phone but no more than expected

Mauricio

Okta Acesso Seguro e Gerenciável

O time de governança implantou o Okta em uma semana e eliminou o uso de arquivos contendo senhas dentro dos terminais de trabalho e com isso está adequada as políticas lgpd.

Pros

A possibilidade de manter a senha de aplicativos legados salvos nele. A autenticação de dois fatores utilizando o push no celular (Android). Centralizar os apps e suas credenciais de acesso no Okta.

Cons

Não tenho nenhuma observação negativa. Ele é seguro e prático.

September 2022

Easy option for multifactor authentication

Overall, I use Okta for multifactor authentication. It is simple and easy to use to keep my accounts safe

Pros

I like that is a quick and easy way to keep my accounts safe. The notification comes immediately and it is a quick one click to say "yes, its me" to login.

Cons

I cant think of anything I don’t like about this software - it is simple and easy to use

Sara

September 2022

Easy to costumize and efficient

Pros

Okta is all about user experience, it is intuitive and easy to use. It is the main portal where you can set up all the applications you use daily. The information is safe and makes authentication simple and fast.

Cons

If something happens to the device where you authenticate yourself, it is not an easy task to regain access, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

Okata User Review

Pros

Okta is a great way to ensure security across your company.

Cons

Many times I have to do the 2 factor authenticatio multiple times in one day.

August 2022

I use it to sign-in to work machines.

Pros

It allows me to securely sign into my work machines in order to earn money to feed my family.

Cons

It doesn't always send the push notification as it should.

Kedar Mendhurwar

Okta SSO

If cost is not an issue, this is should be the tool to go to. This is one of the best IAM tools present out there.

Pros

The deployment and app integration with Okta is fairly simple. The tool is very admin friendly and user friendly. It's due to it's ease of use and wide variety of features that it offers, it is one of the best IAM tools and regarded as one of the best SSO solutions out there. The SSO integration is very simple and straightforward with most of the apps and most of the vendors that support SSO integration with Okta. The option to have an independent directory as well as an option to integrate with your existing directory works quite well. Other features such as life cycle management, Directory service and threat management make it a complete package. If cost is not an issue, this is should be the tool to go to. The documentation is very clear and the supoort is very responsive. The deployment takes less than 3 months.

Cons

The only downside is the cost which is much higher as compared to its competitors

Reasons for choosing Okta

Because of its wide range of compatibility and ease of use.

Single sign-on done right

We were trying to solve a ubiquitous problem - how to use cloud/saas services within an enterprise and keep control of the authentication to them all. Okta gives us a centralized place to manage those passwords, automates the integration of Active Directory authorization and authentication, and it also helps employees discover what services are available to us.

Pros

Have you ever heard someone with this "great" idea? "I'm going to make a webpage that has all your links. When you click them, it'll authenticate for you". It sounds great, but in reality it's extremely hard to do. Securely storing passwords, integration with enterprise systems, centralized management of the lists of links, etc. And, if you do one thing wrong, you can compromise the security of literally millions of logins. Okta seems to have conquered the problem. It's central management is wonderful. New employees login for the first time and immediately have dozens of applications available to them. New applications are all managed through our Active Directory groups. It has a great chrome extension that gives you access to your links from your toolbar. The smartphone app, Okta Verify, is fast and works well.

Cons

At work, I use 3 servers within Okta. One for our "corporate" servers, one for "production" and one for our parent company. The chrome extension only shows the links from the most recently accessed. So, I end up having to use the web pages, even with the extension. Also, having multiple Okta servers doesn't work well with LastPass and other password managers. They see all my servers as the same host. But, I have different passwords. So, I basically just turn off password management for Okta.

vasil

Industry: Computer Networking

July 2022

Okta

we primary choose Okta for MFA to increase security for users and SSO to integrate with multiple providers and applications .

Pros

Very rich feature set with multiple options for MFA and SSO.Policies are very easy to configure . Logging is very useful .It was very easy integration with our F5 SSL VPN.

Cons

almost nothing probably most secure solution on the market.

Simplicity and reach features

Reasons for switching to Okta

Cloud based feature rich and very easy to config and integrate with your infrastructure

Chase

Hands Down The Best SSO/Adaptive MFA Solution on the Market

We have been more than pleased with Okta. It makes signing into a bunch of different applications so much easier and only having to remember one password. Without having any prior knowledge with SAML, being able to set up new applications was still very simple and straightforward.

Pros

Okta has simplified everything for us. The process of setting up applications is pretty straight forward, and the number of applications that are supported is amazing. The adaptive MFA is really neat so we can easily balance security and usability to meet just about everyone's needs. The amount of work we have to do to onboard a new user has been reduced drastically through the support of SCIM and APIs. They continue to innovate and bring out new features that further enhance the usability and security of Okta.

Cons

Only minor issues with Okta, primarily being chose of wording for some of the settings that lead to some confusion on when Okta sessions expire.

Reasons for choosing Okta

Simplicity was the overarching factor in selecting Okta. They are very focused on helping nonprofits as well, and that was a huge bonus for us.

Shari

May 2022

One Of If Not The Best Authenticator and Sign On Software

Pros

My company incorporated Okta into our daily workflow and everything has been a breeze since. No need to type in my password every time I'm logging in or worry about security breaches because Okta saves it all. It has a plug in which makes it even more accessible as you can log into another software without going through the hassle of getting to another page and signing in. It also only requires on log in session so you needn't constantly have to resign into it every time you need to get to another software. The phone's app UI is sleek and modern and receives the authentication requests very fast. You can also add your personal websites that use multifactor authentication to it.

Cons

No cons to be completely honest. And that's the reason why my company has incorporated it into a lot of things.

Reasons for switching to Okta

Okta was far more dependable and less of a nuisance with their alerts.

Kyle

May 2022

Password Management made easy!

Overall, I am very pleased with this product. It takes away the risk of losing passwords or creating weak passwords that could be compromised. It also allows out IT department to easily have access and data into every app we are using, should there ever be a problem or issue they need to address.

Pros

We are company that uses a ton of third party softwares and services, all requiring unique, secure passwords. It would be impossible for me to manage all of these quickly without Okta. I love the general interface and how easy it is to safely log into whatever site I need to.

Cons

This is a small UX issue, but when I am logging into okta and I have to go through the SMS authentication, I think it would help make for a better experience (and less confusing) if the "Enter Code" input field and "Send Code" button were reversed in how they are oriented on the page, since the function of Sending the codes ALWAYS precedes the action of inputting the code.

Eva

Okta is Interesting

Our headquarters switched from Zimbra to Okta several years ago. Although Okta seems to be much better than Zimbra (our email is now powered by gmail), I wish that the Okta capabilities were a bit more obvious. I just discovered that I could attach other software/services like Mailchimp and social media accounts as plug-ins. My overall experience has been good...just slow-going.

Pros

I would say that it is easier than other team/workforce email software that our company has used in the past. However, I still find it a bit convoluted. It seems like there are many things that can be integrated into our Okta settings.

Cons

I do not know if this is the fault of Okta or our headquarters, but it is still hard to see the full benefits of using Okta for our workplace email/communications.

Reasons for switching to Okta

I did not make the switch - headquarters did.

Max

Top tier identity provider

Okta is our go-to identity provider for clients and plays nice with most other software tools that leverage external identity providers.

Pros

Okta makes it very easy to get started with an identity provider. It has comparable or superior features nearly all other identity providers on the market. The ability to create a trial account to quickly test and assess its feature set is also a huge plus.

Cons

Okta is great but the feature set and documentation can be overwhelming. For experienced IT folks its fairly straightforward to implement but for new users unfamiliar with identity management, the huge feature set and breadth of documentation can be a bit intimidating.

Okta is best of breed

Mo

February 2022

A great add-on to application development

Pros

The best feature was the Okta Sign-in widget which was used as all the application's sign-in page and served by an AWS Lambda function without issues. The registration (onboarding) flow was easy for users to follow. Integrations to in house developed application + AD was easy to implement. Reporting to see which users were internal vs external made it easy for us to implement different password policies. We were also able to integrate with other clients that were already using Okta for SSO.

Cons

In my opinion the API rate limiting tiers are expensive to operate at scale.

Reasons for choosing Okta

Development and customization were better.

The most efficient software to streamline admin tasks

Like I mentioned earlier, this is the most valuable software addition, in my experience. It doesn't add any new innovative features, but instead combines all the apps necessary into one log-in process, with a centralized extension that lets you access any platform instantly. Takes away so much of the hassle that comes with working on multiple platforms (imagine - Trello, Gmail, Dayforce, you name it -- no log-in, no security texts, just a click and you're there!)

Pros

This is by far the best new software I've used in the last few years. So many platforms exist that offer the same "innovative efficiency" for employees and employers alike; Okta is the one that really delivers. Long story short (in my experience with it) - it allows you to link all professional accounts (think email, payroll apps, time tracking, any other software you use) into one efficient log-in process, with an extension that allows you to access any of the above at any time, without having to fiddle with passwords, dual authentication, etc. It is a huge time saver for me EVERYDAY, and saves our HR and tech team the headache that comes with having to manually reset passwords or log-in info for employees on a million different platforms.

Cons

There was a slight* learning curve *slight = it took under 15 minutes to fully set up, with some slight hiccups along the way, if you're not super tech-savvy. Luckily, once you're past the initial set-up, there is never an issue again. Everything just works!

Robert

April 2022

Consider your entire ecosystem

We're in the process of transitioning all of our (many) logins to Okta for SSO. Salesforce, Snowflake, Azure, Power BI, etc. Especially for reporting/analytics it has reduced friction bouncing between applications to gather data from disparate software suites.

Pros

Supports a ton of stuff out of the box, and even the stuff it doesn't support officially can usually be made to work. For example, we used Azure Application Proxy to enable Okta SSO for an old on-prem application that only officially supports Azure Federated Services. Their customer service was responsive in this endeavour, although see the cons for details. For supported issues, their CS was very good and quick.

Cons

While Okta customer service is responsive, they sort of passed the buck when issues are between Okta and a non-supported application even when the issue is with Okta, not the unsupported thing. That said, there's a ton of community documentation so it's not the end of the world to find these answers on one's own. Even though it was an Okta issue, they deflected by saying the target wasn't a supported piece of software. Their professional services is NOT CHEAP. Just FYI before you give up on building a solution and thinking about bring them in to finish a job for you

Okta Buyer Review

Need to provide Single Sign-On (SSO) and policy modeled MFA/Adaptive Authentication along with Directory integration are the main use cases. Okta hit it spot on!

Pros

SaaS Model, easy to provision and supports the most used applications from an access management and directory integration perspective. The user interface and capabilities are light years ahead of the competition.

Cons

Limitations around on-premise integration with applications and environments. This is not too bad as a SCIM provisioning agent/component is available to support limited provisioning to on-prem applications.

Reasons for choosing Okta

Okta is leading the charge in the world of "modern authentication" and has integration/apps to support a highly mobile workforce supporting appropriate access to applications and services.

Okta - MFA solution

Overall satisfied with product. Many companies have been increasingly integrating with okta.

Pros

We have integrated Okta with most of our apps. With MFA enabled you need to download Okta app on your phone and accept the push to login. I have been using this for more than a year and has been working fine so far. Integrations with Okta have been ok was able to read through documentation and proceed with integration. There is single page which shows all the okta enabled apps which is cool too.

Cons

There is some delay in push notifications at times. Also in case you loose your phone then you are caught up since you need phone to login and need to work with helpdesk to get it sorted.

Reasons for switching to Okta

This was enterprise level decision.

Quang

Industry: Defense & Space

Okta for remote work

Experience has been very positive. I access most of the Apps in Okta from home. For those Apps that I cannot access, I'll just wait until I come back to the office to use them, or bring my work laptop home. Okta has made working remotely more convenient.

Pros

Lets you access Apps without directly using VPN. This is useful for working remotely since you can use your personal computer to access the Apps instead of bringing your work computer home to access the Apps. All you need is username and password, and second authentication (if set up) to log into Okta to access your Apps.

Cons

There are still certain Apps that need direct VPN in order to access remotely. For these Apps, you still need to bring home your work computer to connect directly to VPN to access them. If this limitation can be overcome, then Okta would be fantastic for remote work; you no longer need to bring your work computer home.

4.66/5 out of 666 reviews