• Pros

• "It does exactly what it's supposed to - it stores and protects your passwords. With so many different passwords to remember, this is essential."

• "It's very easy to save info about a lot of accounts. I like the generate password option, I use it a lot. For business, it's easy to share account info. "

• "- Very much Secured - It stores in a best way along with the notes so I can carry all my data Securely every where. - Copy the password without Opening the Software - Works well in the Mobile "

• Cons

• "It's not very quick to login, but that shall be that way because of safety. "

• "Going around the old interface was sometimes a bit confusing, especially regarding who's sharing what with whom."

• "It was annoying that only the admin could add passwords so everyone on the team could see them. If a team member added a password, nobody else in the network could see that password."

Browse Passpack Reviews

Laura from Dancing with Ease

Love this software! Essential for success with my clients.

Secure way to deal with all the passwords we need to function in today's world.

Pros

Easy to learn to use, easy to enter and update data. Double entry, complex passphrases for sign-in makes unwanted access unlikely. With multiple passwords for multiple business entities and several employees using the same applications and systems, Passpack keeps passwords safe and accessible to everyone on multiple computers. Also, Passpack makes it safe to access these same online systems remotely. The notes feature allows attaching additional information easily - like the security questions and answers some sites require. The live link feature allows one click for accessing the login sites of specific websites. An additional safety feature is that the application closes access to the password list after the site has been inactive for a period of time and requires re-entering the second passphrase to get back into the password section.

Cons

The additional safety feature that closes the site when it's inactive is irritating because you have to keep re-entering the second passphrase OFTEN when working on several projects that require different passwords. I haven't found a timer and unlike some sites that pop up a warning box so you can choose to continue working in the secure site, Passpack just logs out of that area. This is a minor irritation for something that provides an added level of security in case someone is called away from their computer and didn't log out of Passpack before leaving the workstation.

Jessica from Sugar Plum

The program everyone needs

Life changing! I can't tell you how nice it is to not click "forgot password" on every single app and website I use now that I have one place to store them all. I also LOVE the feature where it creates passwords for you using the perimeters needed. And that you can get to the website by clicking the icon and click another icon to copy the password. And being able to share passwords with my husband or my coworkers as needed, brilliant!

Pros

I love that I can keep my passwords in ONE place, keep them private but have the option to share them with chosen people. And only having to remember one password and one phrase to access all of my accounts (especially the rarely used ones), that's a blessing!

Cons

That it times out so quickly. Sometimes I wish it was open my entire workday. I suppose there could be a setting for this that I haven't looked for.

Nathan from Best Practice Medicine

I used to be one of Passpacks biggest fans

I've used passpack for over 5 years. Couldn't be happier except they've had trouble keeping up with all the new changes in tech, smart phones in particular. They are slow to innovate and don't seem to have the infrastructure in place to support it customers properly. 5 years ago I'd give then 5 stars. Now I'd give them a 2.5.

Pros

I should say right off that I'm still using passpack's version 7 of their software. I've been using it for personal and business for years and it's been excellent. The first 100 passwords free was amazing and when I hit over 100 I was totally ok with paying for it. Its very stylistically minimalist but does the job. I was a big fan until they stopped keeping up with changes in tech... Their new version has taken years to get off the ground and continues to have bugs that make it hard to use. This was stellar at one point, but now I would advise you tread carefully before diving in with passpack. Test the product thoroughly before you throw too many of your pws into it, as well as your time and money. I still use it on a weekly basis but have started steering friends and clients towards other options. I've found an alternative I really like now and am planning on migrating over soon.

Cons

Passpack was one of the best in my experience until tech changed, smart phones became everything and in all of that passpack just stopped keeping up. They've been working on an updated version for years and it's still full of bugs. I set up a new account and so many things were wrong with it that it was unusable. I contacted customer support and it took over a week to reply and their reply just sent gave me a link to a forum article that didn't even answer my question. The migration for us long time users is non existant--we basically have to join the new passpack as though we're migrating from another company. My dear passpack, what happened to you? I think this was built by a small group of people that just lost passion in keeping up with it. They also don't have an app, though they have a "web app" for their newest version that is suppose to be more mobile friendly. I hope dearly that passpack will fix their issues because they have huge potential. Check them out but kick the tires.

Reasons for Choosing Passpack

The first 100 passwords free was perfect for my needs just starting out. Hard to find that anywhere else. For a general user that will be all you need. I also loved how secure and safe their tech was--just as good as the more well known like lastpass, etc. But that was 5+ years ago. I wouldn't choose them today, sadly. They've fallen behind on innovation, keeping up with tech, and being able to properly support customer issues. (After tons of research, for the solo general user, as well as startup on a shoe string or even enterprise business, I would actually recommend zoho vault now).

Stefanos from Resin.io

Very pleased and suitable for big teams!

We have reached a point to being able to control and manage all the company credentials and have the ability to provide and remove access within a few clicks.

Pros

We have been using passpack for quite a while now. It is a really useful tool. The main strong points I would say are the following: - Simple and easy to use interface - A number of options and fields to add any info you want - Password suggestion options - Stability - Good customer support All in all a stable and solid service that does exactly what you need.

Cons

One thing that really annoys me (and I would say maybe the only thing at the moment) is that when you are logged on for a while the service automatically reboots (in a sense) resulting in it interrupting whatever task I was doing.

Michael from Nevin Copywriting

Industry: Writing and Editing

Does everything you need

This made it dead simple to securely manage passwords for a variety of clients. I didn't want to have to worry about using the same password for everything, and I didn't want to have to constantly deal with password requests. This made it all so simple.

nadia from naloo

DO NOT USE PASSPACK!

when i wanted to switch from v7 to v8 and import/export didnt work, i should have known, that this software was not what it used to be. after using v8 for about a year, weird stuff started to happen. 5 days ago all of a sudden all my 931 passwords, names, urls, notes are blank!?! messages to support but no answer for 5 days now. thank god i still had the old v7, where a few weeks back i copied v8 into v7, as a backup. i now had to manually copy all my passwords to an other password-software (as import export didnt work as expected), i would defenitely not recomend passpack anymore - furthermore, i would suggest: export your passwords and import to an other software if you want to be on the save side!

Pros

i have been using it for more than 10 years, i was happy with it for a realy long time.

Cons

no support what so ever. if you have a problem you are lost.

RUSHI from Tvape

I am using this and this is best

I have 9+ years of working Experience and I used the Passpack in all my companies.

Pros

Cons

I like everything here. There is nothing to Improve but sometime I like the Last pass functionality which makes the login automatically but I don't want that all the time so passpack is always better

Karolina from Connected Digital Ltd.

One password to rule them all

Overall, we can easily share passwords inside teams, when there's a need to change the password monthly, you don't have to remember it, or think about new one, you just let Passpack handle it for you.

Pros

I'm sure my passwords are kept safe, I no longer have to remember all logins, and passwords, and pass generator can come up with any combination required.

The "Basic" Password Manager

Pros

The security is great. You need to provide your password and the secret pass-phrase to unlock your account. The price is very affordable for small business and teams compared to LastPass. Sharing the password with the team is very quick.

Cons

The website looks very old and outdated. No application support of Android or iOS which is very important nowadays. No support for two-factor authentication.

PC from ShopKeep

All my logins in one place

Pros

With Passpack, my passwords are super secure (I even forget how to login sometimes) so they are super secure from me). I can tag entries so I can have work and personal entries in one place. Updating entries is easy to do as well.

Cons

I sometimes find Passpack confusing to use as icons are not explained in web browser or in app. So I have to figure it out based on what's around or go to their support. I also don't log in often so the password and the passpack key is sometimes difficult to remember. I need a passpack entry for my passpack login ;)

Alexandra from Internet

Forget about storing passwords in a simple doc

Pros

Passpack allows to save passwords and share among certain users and/or groups of users. You can save notes to every entry if you want to store your answers to secret questions, for example. Easy to manage and to use.

Cons

There is a double security, first you enter your password to access your account, and then you enter your passphrase. If you ever forget you passphrase, it can not be restored/reset and you will have to create a brand new account. I wish there was a way to answer a set of questions and get passphrase reset.

Mark from SGT

Industry: Information Services

Good software to safely save a lot of accounts

Pros

Cons

It's not very quick to login, but that shall be that way because of safety.

Arman from Betconstruct

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Passpack

Pros

The design is modern and attractive, the passwords can be generated, where words, digits and symbols can be used. The section of notes can be made hidden and the inserted text will not be shown on the screen.

Cons

Yet this software is way too complicated, when registering on the website it requires such a strong password, that makes registration process longer by trying to choose a password with symbols or equivalent, and one has to remember this difficult password. Also when creating passwords for other sites after registering, the software will not allow to save the draft if there is no “http” prefix in the email section! Such things make the usage of the software complicated.

Marina from EBANX

My default password manager

I use this as my default password manager, it works quite well with they search options. I just wish they were more clear with the website to check out your passwords, If it wasn't for a friend recoomend the correct link after their management changes, I wouldn't have known it from the website

Pros

I feel like I can trust passpack, it's quite easy to use and they search via tags works well

Cons

I wish they had a mobile app. Also, they had some changes in the management team, an in order to use the app, I need to use the correct link.

Bailey from Common Market

Very Useful

This website allows you to securely save passwords. It is very useful since everyone has so many online accounts and passwords that they have to either remember or keep track of somewhere. The different functions are great too. You can put the name of the entry, the username, your password, a link that you can click to go to the right webpage, and notes where you can type in any other pertinent information. You can also share passwords with your coworkers or family members (there is a limit of how many people you can share with if you use the free version). The security features include two-step login, automatic log-off, and blacked out boxes over the passwords and notes unless you click to view them.

Needs an app

It's been good and does what I need it to.

Pros

I like that I can access my passwords and that it is all very secure.

Cons

I don't like that they don't have an app so accessing on the go is more challenging.

Christopher from The Ghostwriter

Industry: Writing and Editing

Great for Storing Passwords

Good but could use some more functionality with the passwords.

Pros

I mean, the purpose of Passpack is in the name: It stores passwords. It is good for that reason. Sometimes, I have eight or nine passwords, and it's difficult to keep track of sometimes. Passpack is good for keeping them in one place.

Cons

The only issue I have is with their second password (you need two to get into the software). If I forget it, that's a problem and I have to start all over again.

Yuval from Infinitec Solutions GmbH

Pretty bad solution for password management

Pros

Seems like a safe and secure enough solution.

Cons

UX is very bad. Hard to find what you're looking for. Hard to share within a team.