Browse RSA SecurID Reviews

Thomas from Johnson & Johnson

Used as 2 factor authentication for citrix

Pros

What I like most about this authentication solution is that you get three options to use as a median to generate a token code. A key fob A mobile app A desktop application This way two factor authentication doesn't feel like you have to keep track of that 2nd password because it's available to be generated on multiple devices.

Cons

If you don't have your devices with you you won't be able to authenticate. Let say your visiting a new site and need to log on and you don't have your key fob, phone or laptop You will not be able to log in. It would be cool to have a site admin feature that could generate you a temp code for your log in.

Mary from DVACO

RSA for Secure sign on

I have used this product for many years and have never had an issue with it. Always reliable. Very simple process also. I a in healthcare, s a secure connection is a priority.

Pros

Ease of use. Logging in at the start of the day I get a text with a number code to enter go a secure VPN connection. That’s it and I am set to go!

Cons

I prefer to not have to enter a 6 digit number for sign on. I like the accept Or decline button. Just for ease of use.

Jennifer from EY

Easy to Install, Great to Use!

Very easy to implement on a wide scale. We rolled this out to a large team of contractors and they were able to successfully install and use their tokens in a matter of minutes.

Pros

This app works every time, it's easy and reliable. I've used it to manage multiple accounts and it is extremely easy to install. I have never had a problem with the app, and I use it daily. It is easy to distinguish between which RSA I need as I have a few in the app that I use for different accounts. It's fantastic.

Cons

I have not had any difficulty at all. I used to prefer a hard token, but this app makes using the soft token easier and convenient.

Ezequiel from bvs

Industry: Broadcast Media

SecurID

Pros

PROS: Improve our access in pandemic, we could bring security to applications in our datacenter and remote users

Cons

CONS: we don´t found any cons and bug, the installation was easy.

Cory from AAA

Industry: Law Practice

Not the Most User Friendly

It got the job done, but wasn't the most user friendly application due to the need to refresh the code every time and then have it drop the connection to the network periodically. Duo Mobile is a lot more reliable and easy to use.

Pros

Once I was able to connect to the network remotely through RSA SecurID, then the connection was reliable for the most part.

Cons

I always had to refresh the generated code before typing it into my computer, and then of course there was the countdown time limit. There were several times I got kicked off the network after connecting through RSA. Duo is a lot more stable.

George from CN

good authenticate solution

I am happy with the software, it provides what I need to keep my day-to-day job easy and secure.

Pros

I use it for my job on the daily basis, it is convenient and remove the hassle of carrying a physical token like before, and it will never got damaged.

Cons

I don't have negative things about this little software, except when I want to use it to connect to multiple servers, it become confusing.

Sureshkumar from Lowe's

Best App for Multi Factor Authentication

Overall experience has been great.

Pros

This by far is the best app for multi factor authentication. User Interface is cool with a six digit number displayed in bold characters.

Cons

Everything about this is cool and have no complaints.

VIRNA from TAC

A bit outdated

Overall, it was general okay. I have since moved on to another app that is much easier to use, and will not be going back to this one.

Pros

The app was easy to download on my phone. I use and android and sometimes have issues downloading apps because they are more Apple iPhone friendly.

Cons

I found the software a bit outdated and slow. Every time I log in it capture temp files on my laptop and hug memory on system.

Secure way to acces Intranet

Its easy to use and handy with softtoken on phone

Pros

Secure way to connect to Intranet and can use a RSA token or the software token on the phone

Cons

Sometimes while configuring RSA on phone it gives error unable to configure

Abraham from Asociación Peravia de Ahorros y Prestamos

Jobs experience

Pros

RSA SecurID is a tool that can be integrated with a number of internal applications of my financial organization and offers security by granting startup access.

Cons

In my experience of use I have had several problems when using the RSA SecurID token where it stops working, having to reinstall the application again in the system for its correct use

Aigerim from IBRD

RSA Secure ID feedback - great app

Pros

This software is very reliable and secure. I use it mostly for 7 years and it is proven the efficiency.

Cons

Enjoy this application daily, nothing report on cons.

Secure your network access

Pros

we can easily understand and implement the configuration for access management to our network and integrate it with our AD for user management and we can use both software and hardware key generators for easy access.

Cons

initially, it required a little digging to achieve what we wanted, but after that everything was fine.

Joseph from LDS Mission Training Center

Industry: Semiconductors

Simple to use software for getting what you need

This software is a great companion to the VPN software I use. It's easy to use and simple to learn.

Pros

The software is basic, just type in your password and get the code you need. The timer animation is helpful in knowing how much time you have before the code changes. Very small footprint on the desktop.

Cons

It looks a little dated, but then again, for the amount of time you actually have to look at it, does it really matter?

Tomasz from NTT Data Business Solutions

MFA for whole network

I use RSA SecurID for MFA for remote access VPN and two factor authentication for network devices. It is simple and easy to use

Pros

RSA SecurID is easy to use and efficient. Keeping it simple helps to focus on MFA

Cons

Before latest update mobile app look a little bit outdated

Elias Alirio from Sykes

Extra security layer

Personally I like it. It helps me feel like the information I work with is only handled by me. For our customers it is great too since their information is safer

Pros

We work with virtual computers, which hold very delicate client info. What I like about this software is that it adds an extra layer of security before anyone can access their virtual computer. It definitely reduces the chance of someone with bad intentions to enter someone else's account. Adding this extra steps of security through a randomly generated PIN in your phone app reduces the chance of someone else having access to this PIN.

Cons

Though it was easy for me to utilize, a few of my coworkers had issues getting their set up, and they had to make a few phone calls to get it up and running.

Bheesam from Ciena

We are using this software now for more then six month and have mix of experience using this.

Pros

We are using this tool now for more then 6 month now , initially we were having all our team member complaining when we have to give the token again when tried opening a specific application again like workday. But with their recent update they added this feature and now when we are logged in our PC using RSA token then we do not need to enter the token again while trying for accessing other apps like workday. RSA secure ID app initially did not work properly on android mobile and we have to ask for RSA token device for some people in our team. From a security point of view each pin generated times out in few probably 60 seconds, which is good in my opinion.Overall in corporate setting i feel it is very useful and secure.

Cons

Recently we some RSA authentication stops working and we have to switch back to our old tool "Entrust", that may be their server side problem but with significant downtime. we struggled for 3-4 days and has to switch back to Entrust for that time period. But now we are of and didn't see any downtime further after that. apart from that didn't see any cons and good to go with tool.

Wayne from Printing

Industry: Printing

Great 2FA for a great price

Robust 2FA solution with reasonable pricing.

Pros

The product is basically par with DUO but the RSA pre-sales technical support rep was more patience and thorough with answering all technical questions that we had. Pluses are: - Available as VM appliance backend (server) - Hardware token - Cross platform software token

Cons

Steep learning curve when deploying this 2FA solution. VM appliance backup cannot be deployed to a different hardware - if you backup the server you cannot recover to a different hardware. In this case we had to export the configuration file from the old server, install the new server from scratch, then import the configuration file. I understand that this was done for security purposes but wished this was an option for the administrator to choose and set during the installation.

Randall from TMC Technologies of WV

Industry: Defense & Space

Excellent two-factor authorization tool

Pros

I definitely recommend the use of RSA security tokens as they are small, easy to setup and use, and display the authentication code always without ever having to press a button like other keyfobs do. I've had my token for nearly a decade at the same company and it's still running on the same battery. The passcode changes every minute and it gives shows how many ticks are left before the code changes again.

Cons

No complaints with the functionality of the tool other than an aesthetic deal. After a couple years the sticker on the front of my fob started peeling off.

Just Works

Use it most days to access secure servers and works great for me. RSA is really a standard for security and works across all platforms that I use.

Pros

Not a whole lot to do as a user all the magic is in the backend which makes it very friendly. Access is secure and the ability to access work environment on the go is mission critical for a lot of people and this gets you in.

Cons

Not a whole lot of cons here installations can be tricky and if forced to do manual setup of servers etc can be daunting for some but if IT does it right then it is a breeze.

Easy and fast soft token interface

Our company is using RSA SecurID as a soft token for company VPN. It generates a random and unique key to let system identifies the correct user with a PIN. Tool is working efficiently and fast enough to provide a decent experience. Users import their soft tokens easily to the tool, it allows to import more than one token

Pros

Cons

Nothing specific that I dislike about this software

Alexis from Tradehelm

Industry: Alternative Medicine

RSA Token - Secure.... or not?

If you can choose another application, please do.

Pros

Well, the application is mostly used for creating a secure PIN that will reload after some time. The application achieves the needs.

Cons

Customer support, for sure. People that pick up the phone from Customer Service are not pretty polite, or either, friendly. Tickets get resolved after a lot of time, and sometimes you may need to research from your end about how to fix the issues.

Sergio from Capgemini

Keep your accesses safe!

Its been a friendly authentication method since there are 3 ways to keep in mind when logging into your systems, so only those designated to it will be the ones with access.

Pros

By implementing this powerful security tool you are stepping forward by keeping your systems private, assuring that only the correct person is logging into your systems.

Cons

You will have to keep your token with you any time you want to access your systems.

Van from Globalfoundries

Industry: Computer Hardware

Usage of RSA SecureID

Overall the tool works great and is very easy to use and migration is quite simple.

Pros

This is a straightforward software that gives allows you to access the company's network and it's used in 2 of the large companies that I have worked for.

Cons

There really isn't much that I least like about this software. It does exactly what it is supposed to do.

sunny from MNP

2FA made easy

One of the best solution to implement MFA in an environment

Pros

The integration with mobile, key fobs and other methods for second authentication is amazing. The GUI is user friendly.

Cons

Deployment can be challenging as there are number of moving parts other than that a solid product for implementing MFA.

Safe and Secure, but Adds an extra step

Definitely adds an extra layer of security, which is of utmost importance in our times.

Pros

It's easy to use, the token is always right in front of me. Small size so it doesn't take up a lot of space for storage. Easily fits on a lanyard.

Cons

It adds an extra step to sign on to many platforms. If I forget the token at work, I can't log in remotely to emails, etc. My organization only supports the option to have a physical token, rather than a "soft token" such as on a smart phone.

Samantha from McMahan, Thomson & Associates, PC

Good options for MFA

Overall we had a good experience with the product and it functioned as it should to secure our business.

Pros

I liked the security that it offered to our organization. It was more of a dual approach to multifactor authentication. Easy to use once we got it started.

Cons

It was a little time consuming since it requires you to type in a passcode to enter the app before it will provide you with a code to enter into your computer. There are multiple steps to the authentication process that took a bit of time to complete compared to other products, but I felt that this makes it more secure than the others too.

Geraldine from Dell EMC

This app is Easy to use and fast

I really like this, since we started using it to work from home I feel my job information will always be secure and the app is easy to use, we just enter the password, get a token

Pros

It is easy to use just enter your passcode and that's it. It does not tell you if the passcode you entered is right or wrong and still generates a token which makes it great in case someone is trying to access your account.

Cons

When you enter the passcode for access, the token gives you like 10 seconds to copy it into where you need to put it, but sometimes when you enter the passcode it's like it has been loading already and it gives you like 4 seconds to get the number

Daniel from Ohio Mutual

A Great Layer of Security for any Organization

Definitely a great product, I highly recommend it for every organization.

Pros

With RSA SecurID, it makes it very difficult for non members of your organization to log in. Physical tokens, as well as an app exists, so there is also versatility.

Cons

As an admin, I have not had any issues or problems.

One of the best MFA

Very good MFA with good options to get tokens. We used soft token and works very good.

Pros

1. Easy to configure 2. Easy to get tokens using multiple options like RSA device, mobile, desktop app.

Cons

1. No cons as such its nice MFA one can like to use.

most trustable and easy to use

secure conection to my vpn

Pros

very trustable and easy to use, i have used both the token harware and the soft token and it helpes me to have secure connection

Cons

about the HW that once it expires is very dificult to refresh, and i had to change to software token

Gabriela from Information Technology and Services

Keeping our security in place for our clients

It's added a layer of security to our current security policies and measures.

Pros

It's so easy to install and use. We use it on a daily basis to access our clients platform and work on our daily responsabilities.

Cons

We have not run into any hiccups so far.

Manuel from PG&E

Industry: Utilities

RSA

Using to access secure network via outside networks and allows mobile token. Great tool to have!

Pros

Ease of use Mobile token and physical token available Web management tool with QR code set up

Cons

Unable to alert user to bad pin or create user pin profile

Dallas from Thomson Reuters

I have both the hard token and soft token, both work well

Pros

I have the ability to work from home from time to time so having this and not having to lug home the laptop works good. The hard token has numbers that change every 20 seconds or so. The soft token is pretty much exactly the same but I have to pull it up on my laptop to access it.

Cons

When I am in the middle of typing in a sequence but it changes on me.

Amanda from SHI International Corp

Easy Authentication Program

RSA SecurID gives us peace of mind that our workstations are protected, and is a great tool to access systems remotely and safely.

Pros

This program was very easy to implement on my desktop system and I use it every day to access our shared systems.

Cons

I could not figure out how to implement this onto mobile very easily, so there is definitely room for improvement there. There are also some issues with integrating it to other programs, and some of the tools feel dated.

End user perspective

Pros

Setting up my account was straightforward. The admin had me download the app into my iPhone and enter a numeric password to set it up. At that point, all I have to do is open the app, enter the password, and a 6 digit code appears. I then have less than a minute (sort of like mission impossible) to enter that code into the sign on screen on my PC to gain access. It's simple to use and I've experienced no issues in the 5 or so months that I've used it. It seems to provide an excellent level of security. Recommended.

Cons

It would be nice if I could also install the software on my iPad and not just my iPhone. It is possible that this was simply a corporate decision and not a product liability.

A simple product to provide connection

It enables me to access all my files and e-mails during a supplier visit, business trip or even when working from home.

Pros

I like the simple interface where I can only get a token and select a server to connect whenever I am outside the company. I can easily access to my files & e-mails thanks to it.

Cons

Sometimes the connection is lost even though there is no problem with the signal that the computer is connected. However, this happens very rarely.

Beena from eWorld Enterprise Solutions, Inc.

Best and most easy way to connect to a secured networks.

I can connect to the VPN and it is very easy to use. I wish if there is a master lock to the RSA token if it gets stolen.

Pros

Very easy to use, can connect to multiple platforms and networks. Never had much issues with the RSA token in my experience.

Cons

Initially when i used the RSA token, I didn't knew that i should wait for the next key when there is only one bar in the RSA token, i tried it and it didn't work. Now i wait for the next key to be generated if there is only one bar on the token.

VPN Security

We connect with our VPN with this security option, is very useful and easy.

Pros

Easy to use, the two factor security to connect to our network made easy with this software. Just need the PIN and then this give you a code.

Cons

The RSA token sometimes give you a code and the timer is almost running out, you must wait the new code. That's very annoying.

Rutger from NBC Universal

Easy to Use

Pros

The interface is generally simple and easy to use.

Cons

Computer version could have a better UI. Phone version is nice.

RSA securID gives you flexibility

It gives associates the ability to work from home.

Pros

I like being able to sign on remotely to my virtual machine and not have to lug around my laptop. It is reliable and secure.

Cons

I don't like it when I am in the middle of logging on and it changes the sign on pin so I have to restart.

Ability to work remote securely

Pros

I love how portable the security code is, about the size of a key fob. The numbers change every few seconds so you have to log on quickly.

Cons

Keep an eye out for the expiration date on the back. Once mine expired so I had go in office to work until a replacement arrived.

Easy to use less easy to deploy

Pros

I liked how easy it is to use and integrate with our software. I like the option of hard tokens as well.

Cons

It doesn't offer as many features and integrations as vendors such as authenticate.

Jay from Bond Brothers, Inc.

i use this program on a weekly basis, and i am attracted to it's integrity.

Pros

i like how secure it is. i love the feature of the fobs lasting years on a single battery, and how the pass code changes every minute.

Cons

there really isn't anything that i don't like about this. its an extra security to other programs and databases.

Giselle from Nissan

Good and simple

It is an excellent option for secure protocols, just need to set up the configurations once and after that is really simple.

Pros

Even if I needed a little tutorial to set up my secure id token, it was really simple to do it, and after that it just works, it is a really helpful tool that you can integrate to your daily job, specially nowadays that we are working from home, helping the company with security protocols.

Cons

It is most a personal opinion, but I didn't like so much that the app keeps generating tokens even if I close it

Arbaaz from Arris

RSA SecurId Access Review

Very simple to use so I can access company VPN through RSA token.

Pros

Access VPN securely by using the RSA token provided through the app. App available on android and iphone. Token is locked by pin.

Cons

Typing pin incorrectly will still generate a token for you based on that pin. You can get locked out of your account if you typed in the wrong pin.

Security

Great experience. Convenient and easy to operate..

Pros

It is not too hard to understand. Just need to learn some basic steps that will keep you going for the rest of the time.

Cons

No cons in general. But if you are not from it background then you just don't know why and what you are doing but you are still doing it easily Anyways that is not a too big of an issue.as it solves the purpose that is required for the company that you are working for or that requires it

Jamie from kroger

RSA Token

Great. It's reliable and and super easy to use.

Pros

I work from home 1 day a week and after to use the RSA Token app on my phone to login to my work systems. As long as there is wifi it always works.

Cons

I honestly have nothing bad to say. For what I need it for it functions properly.

Stable and Robust VPN Solution for Corporate Life

Robust and stable VPN solution. I has never caused a problem for me.

Pros

I used both HARD TOKEN and SOFT TOKEN versions. Both were very stable. I have never experienced problem which is very important as you were away from office when you need VPN and support from IT personel is limited. Thus, stability and robustness is key.

Cons

VPN connection types can be varied. Only for email, only for web, only for applications etc. This might be useful.

Mohit from Optum Global Solutions

RSA token Review

Good no cons yet, no enhancement required its can be use as it is

Pros

- In terms of security its very secure and the tokens gets updated every minute so preety good to use that - Easy to use you just need to remember a secret number key to generate a token and you are good to use

Cons

- No such cons yet and its safe, secure, easy to use. - Not a developer so cannot guess the implementation process when using I feel secure

John from Salk Institute

Industry: Biotechnology

Excellent security tool

Pros

Excellent authentication solution for end users

Cons

After a few years my RSA keychain's battery died which is easily remedied. No complaints.