• Pros

• "The software is easy to use, able to upload credentials en masse and Highly adaptable"

• "Our company started using passportal this last year, and it is much more user friendly than alternatives we have tried. Highly recommended!"

• "The functionality of the product is fantastic, many great features are available right from the browser plugin without having to log into the web portal"

• Cons

• "Browser extension at time was not great, however the company has released a new one that works great."

• "It can be a bit challenging to log in some times but this is really the whole point so I don't this I can put this down to being a con."

• "There are some customization aspects which are still lacking, but are on the roadmap."

Browse SolarWinds Passportal Reviews

Jason from Data Byte, Inc.

Zero Complaints

Documentation of customer systems is a nightmare. A) You've got to have a centralized place where your staff can access it, B) That data needs to be secure, C) There are not many affordable AND secure options for small businesses like ours. PassportalMSP has solved all of these issues in one go. We are now migrating all of our documentation into Passportal with ease and it's actually USEFUL to keep up and running as we go about our day supporting clients. My sales rep has been amazing! Highly communicative, quick to respond, ensures I've understood how the system works for when I want to start reselling password security to clients. Onboarding was a breeze. By the time I had scheduled my onboarding session, however, I had already begun utilizing the system and my customizations were as they would have recommended. A very intuitive system to use! Pricing is spot on as well. Add to the fact I can resell to clients as part of a service bundle or otherwise, and eventually the service pays for itself. You can't go wrong with that. I highly recommend giving it a trial, if you're struggling with centralized documentation and password management!

Pros

Highly intuitive interface, easy browser integration, plenty of options to customize data entered into the system, data is connected quickly to other relevant data to navigate client documentation quickly, password management has been spot on with little to no issues. Recently learned I can integrate it with customer AD networks and manage account resets from within my own system!

Cons

As of yet, clients cannot access their documentation we record. This is supposed to be coming in the future, however. Also waiting for documentation access in the mobile app, but I can forgive as I know progress doesn't happen overnight.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

We were attempting to transition to MSP Manager, and our documentation didn't quite fit the platform. It helped in some cases, but not in many other areas. Ultimately, we didn't utilize it daily as we should have. Many people recommended IT Glue, but Passportal offered the nicer package of reselling to clients. Teams+OneNote was an option we considered, but it would have been more akin to Evernote and I knew we needed a system better capable of "relating" bits of data together for a client.

Andrew from Computer Cats

Industry: Computer Networking

Pretty good so far.

Being able to collect user passwords from my team automatically without us having to remember to document everything has been pretty helpful.

Pros

It was quick and easy to setup and deploy on my systems and customer systems. Being able to see who accessed a password and when is also pretty huge for audits.

Cons

There are some things that can't be changed after you set them, some of the setup is not super intuitive or flexible. Things like assuming the customer has a person who can administer the service onsite and forcing you to have at least 1 site administrator per customer when in reality, there are probably a number of companies that don't have a person in house suitable to be the site administrator. Integration with N-Central doesn't seem there quite yet, but we're hopeful they'll get it working properly soon enough. You can access and copy the passwords from the Take Control, but it won't actually paste the passwords into the system it seems.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

It's distributed through Pax8, not developed in Australia, and we already use N-Central and wanted the integration between Passportal and our RMM.

Michael from Olmec Systems

From implementation to party of our daily rotation

The subfolder/search issue gave a bad first impression for myself and my staff of the product. The inability to automate the backup with 2FA is a major issue.

Pros

Once we removed the subfolders and placed all of the passwords at the root of the clients it works just as we need it to on the web and mobile apps for quick access to users and passwords.

Cons

There is an ability to create subfolders for each client but when you have a number of subfolders for all clients it breaks the search function eliminating the possibility of using the subfolders. There have been 2-3 major outages in the 8 months we have been using this application. This increases the need for constant backups which can only be done via an application run manually. Support was not aware of the ability to run the backup application from command line which has instructions in text file in the same folder as the application itself. Unfortunately you can't run a backup via command line and automate it (batch file, scheduled task, etc.) with 2-factor authentication enabled (which we HAVE to have enabled) so you would have to run the backups manually. If there is ever an update to a password between backups and there is an outage then the staff does not have access to the updated password until the service is restored.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

Cost and it covered the main function we need it for

Kyle from I.T. Eutopia

Passportal has organize and streamlined my MSP

Passportal Ocular, Docs, and Sites has really helped my MSP mature and I'm very thankful to have it!!

Pros

I love many things about Passportal, but my favorite one is the 'Site' feature. Being able to securely share the entire password database with the PoC at each client is a major game-changer for my MSP. It adds visibility to the relationship. A lot of clients with outsourced I.T. feel like they are in the dark and kind of held hostage with their own environment. The Site feature bridges that gap and helps keep the client in the loop and feel like they've retained some ownership over their environment. Can't wait until the full documentation platform can be shared with the client!!

Cons

The biggest change I would make would be the ability to edit and change what configurations are listed in the menu tree under Core Items, Trackers, Apps & Services, & Others. I'd like to be able to move these around, rename them, add additional, etc.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

It fit the needs of my business better than the other options while doing so at a better price point.

Kevin from Midwest Telecom of America

Passportal gets a pass

We have solved our password management needs and documentation for clients in one spot and hope to solve more once we optimize the use of the system more.

Pros

I like how many features are combined in one solution from password management to documentation to offering portals to employees and clients easily.

Cons

The organization method of the system is not very logical. I do not like how you have to create a vendor and then a contact and that the vendor list is pretty much global and not specific to company. Also the agent on the servers do not seem to work correctly and we still do not see them functioning as they should. After contacting support we have decided to table fixing this since no one is in need of it at this time. I also do not like the addon in the browser it autofills 2FA and creates login issues instead of seamless logins.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

We chose passportal because it seemed to be more feature rich with greater value.

Chris from Network Integrity Services

MSP Password and Security

Overall great experience, it helps us achieve some GDPR compliance and audit ability of our customers as well as a central store for documentation

Pros

The audit report of known password by user and the ability to change windows password

Cons

The fact that single sign on and ad sync is not an option at the moment

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

Simple interface and costing. It Glue is a great documentarian product but a poor password Maanger, Passportal is a better password manager but not as good in documentation. As our need was focused on password management etc Passportal was the best option

Jason from Clarity Technology Solutions

Clarity review

Passportal has been an easy tool for our team to use and has forced us to better manage passwords we use for our tools and access to our customer environments. Its another tool to help us improve the security we need for our client environments.

Pros

Software is easy to use and provides an audit trail for password activity. Integration with Automate is an valuable feature for our use of the tool.

Cons

Would like to see configurations between ConnectWise Manage and Passportal so that we don't have to copy information to Passportal.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

A focus on the MSP space and ability to add customer password management.

Kelly Speers from Your IT Results Inc.

Passportal Ocular +Docs is helping us prevent brain drain

our documentation and password management are kept up to date allowing our contractors as well as the outsourced teams to know what we have in place.

Pros

How easy we keep records of our client's setup and secure their credentials.

Cons

there is a bit of a learning curve but support is helpful getting over the humps.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

price and lack of meeting commitments other companies had mentioned to us about IT Glue not livving up to.

Tom from Computerworld

Enterprise password management

Very please with the solution, it makes it easier and more secure to login to multiple customer environments.

Pros

I was involved in choosing this solution for our organisation and chose passportal because it is the only true enterprise password management solution on the market. I like that you can organize your credentials by company, that there is a plugin for connectwise control, and that you have the option to share the credentials with the customer themselves.

Cons

There is no way to permanently delete something as a user, you have to get in touch with support to do this. This is essential for GDPR

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

Because it is the only solution that truly offered password management for an MSP

Joseph from Dynamic Data Technology Group Inc

PassPortal

We have been able to centralize and secure passwords for our company. This product has also helped secure our clients passwords for internal use as well provide a portal for our clients to use which helps provide value to our clients.

Pros

What I liked most about Passportal is how you can manage your clients. I like that i can private label the product for our company. The mobile app is great and very handy and works well. Securing our clients passwords has been a huge benefit.

Cons

Initial setup was not so intuitive and needed to run through the training twice.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

The ability to private label this product as well as the price point.

Has potential but not there yet

We used Thycothic Secret Server for password management and SharePoint for documentation. We were looking for a tools to help improve documentation and found IT Glue first , which seems to be a mature solution, but the sales resps (specially since the product belongs to Kaseya) are jerks and they want to charge an arm and a leg besides locking you up on a contract for years. In our search, we found Passportal. It looked like IT Glue six years ago and the sales rep made a ton of promises about the development team working on "tons" of new features". The password manager is good, we like the mobile app; but it is slow and the UI doesn't flow. The documentation part is not ready yet. We tried to use and it doesn't give us the "efficiency" e were looking for. We went back to SharePoint and hope that SolarWinds brings this product up to speed.

Pros

The mobile app to see passwords while on the field. +1 for MFA support. Ability to request access to passwords for L1 techs and they can be assigned permanently or temporarily. The is no report about this, thought.

Cons

It is supper slow. To get one password you have to navigate through folders and it takes 3-5 second to load a page. The search engine should default to current customer and keep that setting until its changed. It should remember your last folder, etc. All the documentation part is still not mature as rivals like IT Glue: - Default templates don't have the fields we need, and if we modify them, we can not link them from passwords anymore. There is no way to go back. - Domains don't allow to enter custom DNS records, and they don't have snapshots; so if somebody changes your DNS zone, there is not way to know what was there before. - There is not alerts for domain or certificates about to expire. - SOP Documents don't allow inheritable templates. You need to create the same document for each client for common procedures. - No reporting. Only for passwords. The "runbook" is just a dump of all documents/assets. The feedback option doesn't show dates, so you don't know if a feedback or a idea you are going to vote for has been there for years or days.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

As mentioned before, IT Glue reps (Kaseya in general) are jerks. They invent offers that last until "this Friday" to try to force the sale and when you are ready to sign in, there is a lots of add-ins to the final price; and they try to lock you up for three or more years.

Kendall from SimbaTech Inc.

This software has been a life saver in terms of saving time and money. I would highly recommend it.

Pros

I really like that all my clients information is readily available in 1 place. I don't have to hunt through pages of documentation to find a password, IP address, how to article or anything. All information is laid out in a standard format

Cons

the integration with ConnectWise Automate and Control seems a little delayed. and sometimes doesn't show up at all if the serial number isn't populated in Automate.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

Even though the other 2 options were free, being able to standardize the documentation was key. The password keeper was also a huge factor. the last was the integration with many other software platforms. For the price, we couldn't pass it up.

Michael from Swift Chip, Inc.

Good bang for your buck

It's a solid product at a fair price.

Pros

Good documentation is key to running a successful MSP and PassPortal allows you to keep good notes for both your team and your clients in a secure manner. It's as comprehensive as their largest competitor, IT Glue, but significantly less and with only a month to month commitment.

Cons

It's still not inexpensive, but it's necessary as you scale and mature your MSP. It's also a major undertaking to get setup, but there are good resources to get you up and running.

Better value.

Michael from Cinch I.T.

Very happy with Passportal

Pros

It forced us to develop good habits. We previously documented in the site config section of autotask which was functionally no different than a notepad file. Passportal's structure of templates and linking forces us to put in more information which leads to better notes.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

Cost was the primary factor. IT Glue did *more* than Passportal, but the extra features IT Glue offered were of little to no importance to us. Those extra features greatly increased IT Glue's cost. Passportal gave us exactly what we were looking for at a fair price.

Jay from Onside Technology Solutions, Inc.

Best tool in our arsenal

We work with dozens of tools and passportal has easily been the most useful one. We have had to call in for technical support twice and both times our issues were handled on the first call.

Pros

Our passwords are secure and we have the ability to share those passwords as needed to clients. Password management has always been a nightmare but now it couldn't be easier

Cons

We add our client domains in and have the ability to see expiration dates but there is no way to run a report on all domains to see all expiration in one view.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

We felt the password security in Passportal was superior over IT Glue. While documentation is important, knowing that our passwords are secure was our top concern.

Ryan from IT Hub LLC

PassPortal Review

Pros

The reporting capabilities are pretty good. The idea of Docs is really good, but needs some work.

Cons

It's pretty slow going between sections and clients. While there are a lot of integrations, there are no ways that I've found to bulk edit imported assets, or merge duplicate assets. Runbooks don't export long sentances properly, they don't word wrap well. For instance a long URL in a text field exported to a PDF would go off the page

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

The password manager seemed to be better.

Lucas from Impact Networking LLC.

Passportal

Even prior to the acquisition, Passportal had excellent customer service and support. Their employees truly stand behind and understand the platform. SolarWinds will only improve that great, baseline technology and continue to give great support.

Pros

The functionality and capabilities that are meant for Managed Service Providers are top notch. Administration, implementation, and set up was simple. AD and Chrome browser extension integrations were effortless/

Cons

There are some small kinks to still be worked out: some User/Password fields don't populate, a few newly created credentials don't auto-save, some small UI issues with extension

Pricing, Partnership, Proof of Concept

Eddie from Shield Networks

Using passportal with 500 end users

Pros

The great thing about this software is that it seems pretty intuitive, I like the import feature for the passwords it works really really well. It has two factor authentication of course which is a requirement. lastly the windows sink although it took a bit of time to figure out exactly how it worked is extremely nice.

Cons

when we first reviewed this software it looked like the search feature was extremely powerful however after using it for a while it isn't as powerful as I'd like. Secondly there's no way to move items around so if I create an item in one folder I can't move it to the other without doing it one by one there's no mass feature there's also no document import feature which would be nice that being said importing or rather copying and pasting from word or even from a website works extremely well

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

I like the simplicity of the price, I like the password sync utility and the support / sales people seem to really really great

Robert from Hi-Tech Computers of Ruston

Lost promises

Pros

Password management and integration with connectwise control

Cons

Unable to create folders to organize articles. Unable to update passwords through connectwise automate.

Tim from TruTech IT Solutions

Using Passportal has enhanced our ability to keep client passwords secure. Since there is documentation as well we are able to keep almost all of our information in Passportal making information more easily accessible. The ability to use Passportal with Screenconnect has been an added bonus as it makes logging into systems much quicker than before.

Pros

The website is very easy to use. The plugins for ScreenConnect and Microsoft Edge work very well and make me and my team more efficient. The password sync with servers has helped a lot with user support.

Cons

The plugin for Firefox doesn't work very well. The app on the iPhone only has access to passwords and none of the documentation. At times the server password sync can be buggy but it is easily fixed with a reinstall of the software. The customization of the documentation is a little lacking but not too bad.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

Price. Passportal is priced right. I do not feel over charged at all.

Austin from Direct Automation

Excitement for future features.

Working with Passportal has been quite positive. The application is fairly intuitive and theirs always someone willing to help.

Pros

Passportal makes managing passwords for hundreds of clients simple. If a question arises, phone support is rarely longer than a 15 minute wait. Support staff is always courteous and wanting to help find the answer best suited for the scenario.

Cons

Features could be more fleshed out such as setting default properties for folders, but this is only a temporary issue since we’ve been informe by Passportal that this will someday roll out to customers.

Good password management tool, fair documentation platform

Overall our experiences with Passportal (previous to being bought by SolarWinds) has been positive. While there have been some issues they have addressed them and the product has continued to grow substantially since we've been onboard.

Pros

It does a good job of keeping login information for various customers in a central, secure, managed location. It allows you to restrict access to specific clients to specific people or teams and tracks every time a technician has accessed a password so you know what needs to be rotated if they depart.

Cons

The browser plugin is tolerable but not great.

Tracy from LAN Solutions Corp.

Functional with Issues

Pros

The Search and Password Generator features are convenient and useful. Being able to keep my passwords in a different vault than the company passwords is great. I also like that I can share my username and password info with an individual without have to make it public for the entire company. Negative issues experienced when we first rolled out Passportal no longer happen and the fact that Passportal has 'fixed' these is considered a big Pro in my books! (IE: Organization Code would not save, credentials would not populate even though the URL matched). Happy to have a Canadian offering such as this!

Cons

The set up and transition to Passportal was not smooth, which may have been a training or implementation issue, but it was frustrating out of the gate due to issues that now do not seem to happen (see Pro comments).

Nick from I.Net Internet Services Ltd

Changed the way the business operates.

The software has enabled our business to organise, check and collate all our clients documentation and credentials in one place. This means our technicians are spending a lot less time searching for information, so overall efficiency for our customers has been greatly improved. Having the ability for our technicians to have their own secure vault for corporate credentials has also improved our overall security.

Pros

Access to the portal on any devices at any time. Portal is well designed and extremely fast to use. Ability to store credentials and documentation in the same portal is amazing, plus the ability to link documents and credentials in revolutionary for us.

Cons

After using the software for nearly 6 months we have found no issues.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

The demo we received from the sales team at Passportal was incredibly thorough and meant we were impressed by the host of features from the beginning.

Ronald from Networking Solutions

Fairly new, but very technical user

We were LastPass users for 5 years. Passportal is definitely an upgrade. However, LastPass' extensions seem to be more mature and compatible.

Pros

- Very well thought out and robust feature set - Portal layout - Global search with options - AD integration

Cons

- Browser extension incompatible with Duo 2FA for certain sites - Organization key requirement. It resets on its own and I don't like storing it somewhere else - Passportal extension doesn't always prompt to add new sites, and clumsy when it does. If you accidentally click off the extension without saving, you lose anything already typed.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

Not mature... all required features were 'being developed'

Darcy from LAN Solutions

Must-have tool

Pros

Cons

There are a few company-wide reporting features that are noticeably lacking.

TROY from LAN Solutions

Great little password tool

Positive, makes password management fairly easy.

Ollie from Agile ICT

General

Good

Pros

Nice looking, good integrations for current software

Cons

Every time you choose another entry the page refreshes!

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

Price and integration into current systems

Thomas from ATS Communications, Inc.

Passportal Feedback

So many users complained about having to use a password manager. Once we got them setup and some basic training they quickly realized the value and are now advocating password management to clients, friends and family.

Pros

The peace of mind you get after you've changed all of your online access to use highly complex and unique passwords, but only have to remember 1.

Cons

Chrome Add-In: When entering search I have to tab 4 times to launch site. I don't like being forced to the mouse. Would be better if I could just hit enter after entering search and a match is found.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

We found that Passportal provided the best value, support, and feature set over alternative products.

Daniel from CDN Partners

Works well, but the integration could use a little help

Pros

Password tracking Password rotation for AD accounts Audit log

Cons

The integration with CW is one way. And only allows you to import the most basic fields from CW manage. All notes are left behind as are custom configuration questions.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

Fair pricing for the features. No contract.

Todd from Stanley Armour Inc

Good password manager / OK document manager

So far things have been good and not having to email sensitive passwords to clients is a huge bonus. Clients we have deployed to Sites enjoy being able to manage company and personal passwords outside of browser password managers. Documents portion can use some work to make things link better but it’s a good start.

Pros

The ability to share passwords (with permissions) via Site to our clients is the main reason for going with Passportal. The mobile app is efficient and handy when onsite. The fact they are a Canadian Company was also very important.

Cons

The inability to share docs with client Sites is a big feature we are waiting for. A second issue is the inability to choose how passwords are sorted in the mobile app (by description instead of username) makes things a little cumbersome. Lastly, no integration with Kaseya BMS/VSA causes duplication of data.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

The priority was on password management and that is what we were really after. Pricing did come into play as well as we are a small team. Not sure if price is still a factor today since IT Glue changed their minimum purchase.

Danny from Jupiter IT

Life Saver

All passwords across our estate and all clients are now in passportal, secure and easy to reset

Pros

When an IT engineer leaves the company, we no longer have to spend hours resetting passwords for all clients

Cons

Development for bugs and new features is rather slow

Price couldn't be beaten

Craig from Broked Conputer Inc.

Industry: Computer Networking

Passportal does a lot

My rep has been awesome and they seem to be working hard in the background.

Pros

On browsers it does a quality job of managing passwords, and documentation.

Cons

On browsers including mobile, it has some issues like; form fill is non functional on Android.

Cost/Value

Jason from Abel Solutions

Good service, solid features, questionable overall business tactics

Pros

It's easy to use, secure and seems to get regular development.

Cons

No cons about the software itself, the company (Solarwinds) is questionable at this point though. Since SolarWinds purchased PassPortal the cost for add-on licenses has more than doubled. We were made aware of this coming change by our rep through the course of a random conversation, not via any formal customer notification. Our rep said we would be grandfathered in at the old pricing level, but that does not appear to be the case. Shady... very shady.

Graham from Horn IT Solutions Inc.

Great Product, Serious Implementation Issues

It's a good tool, but the configuration is taking way to long

Pros

The product is solid. Its password management feature puts it ahead of other documentation platforms. But...

Cons

Transitioning from IT Glue has been nearly impossible. I was told we'd be able to export all our data from IT Glue, and import into PassPortal via a basic .zip file, but it wasn't that simple. First, and most importantly, not one password was successfully imported from IT Glue to PP. Zero. The same with documents and articles. So effectively, all of the useful information that can't just be grabbed by integrating with our PSA/RMM tools was not imported. I've been told fixes are coming, but it's been weeks and nothing. I have been manually moving password over using the import template, which generally works, but it is time-consuming and one of the appealing features was the import process. Now I have some passwords for some clients, plus some articles and documents, but nothing consistent. And support has not been particularly helpful. They keep saying fixes are coming and not following up, and ultimately I need some kind of resolution here. I very much hope I can do the bulk import soon because it's been almost two months and I am still using two products.

Arthur from VM Systems

Passportal essential in today's password reality

Using better passwords makes us more secure and sharing passwords between co-workers is now a breeze. The support team is fabulous.

Pros

I simply does what it is supposed to do without any unnecessary complexity.

Cons

We found a glitch with one web site that would not allow login with the product. We simply use another browser until it is sorted out. The other thing is not really a con; I have to change all my weak passwords now and enter them into Passportal to keep things more secure. Not a terrible thing by any means.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

Their approach to security is one that we feel has great value. The interface is intuitive and the product works well.

Paul from Bay State IT

Love this product

Great product and great support.

Pros

Secured our passwords and eased access. Makes us more efficient.

Cons

Nothing yet, product is great. Straight As.

Like it better

Stefan from Nsson Communications Ab

Great password soulution

Pros

Nice mobile app, great audit reports, the password AD sync helps alot for service accounts.

Cons

Right now I cant see any cons in the way we use it.

Michael from Micks Computer Services

Great password management at an affordable price!

Exceutive from Passportal was very professional, but very compassionate about her salespitch. Not once did she make us feel like we was foolish for asking a question that would probably seem obvious. The product was pointed out very well, both its pros & cons where explained well and we felt we could trust the advice that was given.

Pros

Its one of the fastest password management tools to get what you need quickly, in & out with full auditing and permissions on every aspect. It has helped our management of not only our internal passwords but our clients also.

Cons

The setting up of the clients with the SITE addon was a bit tedious. Having to spend 30 minutes with each client you want to have use of Passportal will get tedius.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

The sales pitch from Exceutive was very good. We felt it was very much worth it for us to really get to know this product after that session.

Monika from Inspire

Inspire Digital feedback

There was no way to contact Passportal providers before. I am hoping this will be omproved as I have worked pretty much blind with that for past 6 months.

Pros

The search bar! Ease in password inputting and folder creation.

Cons

I am the one who set it up, the settings do not adhere to permission, the wording is different therefore it is extremely hard to set it up with accurate access. Also there are 3 thresholds of settings and all must be compatible to work accurately. The access, the used and the permission.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

It is military grade password protection what is essential for our business to stay protected.

Matt from Cloud9 IT

Cloud 9 IT review

My overall experience was very good, I could access my information from anywhere and it was easy to use

Pros

I liked the layout and the amount of information I could store in Passportal

Cons

The thing I liked least about the software was the support, not very helpful at times

Passportal was cheaper than IT Glue

andy from Beowulf Technologies

Passportal Review

Everything has been great and the support as well when needed.

Pros

Documentation and Ease of use. The ad sync with passwords is a life saver. Documentation has saved us hundreds of hours of troubleshooting.

Cons

I cannot right click and paste into my articles. However I can just use ctrl+V. Not a big deal just an honorable mention.

Price and trial use.

Amanda from Your IT Results Inc.

Helps keep brain drain down.

makes my day to day of keeping the documents updated and ready for when they are needed easier.

Pros

All in one storage of docs, and secure passwords. The fact that passwords are there for the team as they need them but are secured is great.

Cons

the same thing I love, the security to log in and the time out.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

the boss made the call due to security and customer service by the Passportal team.

Kym from Geek IT Up

Better than IT Glue

My documentation for clients is so much easier to access and the runbooks feature gives you a nice readable document to hand over should the need arise. I usually update my runbooks and archive them for those "Just in case" moments.

Pros

It is very easy to use, the browser plug-ins make password entry a breeze and integration with other tools such as Connectwise Control (ScreenConnect) and TakeControl is fantastic

Cons

Sometimes the Chrome browser plugin will do strange things, but only if you have A LOT of tabs open (I think more of a Chrome issue than PP)

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

IT Glue is too expensive for what it is and is nowhere near as good with integrating with other products. SIPortal is too "Beta"

Great product, functions great as is, but needs a little maturity

Pros

Integration, value, setup, ease of use, was honestly 9/10 of the product I was looking for. Very intuitive

Cons

Slow response from support, though it was a very low priority issue so not too bad, missing some key features available in other password management solutions such as being able to generate TOTP codes for other logins

Troy from Advance Computing

Advance using Passportal

The experience with the product has been greatly received from our Team and we are seeing a lot more efficiently within the team as they can go to a client, find the required information and get the job done. Also with the integration of Solarinds RMM our team are spending more time in Passportal and less in RMM because everything can be accessed from one location.

Pros

When we first saw the demo we were really impressed about the Password management capabilities and what it had to offer. Then once we got passed that we saw the real benefit of the product and that was the documentation side of thing the product had as well as the integration with Solarwinds RMM.

Cons

The only con we have found at the moment is the ability to have a default location to store articles and then link them to clients that share and use the same application.

Steve from ONGC Systems

Peace of mind

Overall it was an easy decision, easy implementation and overall great solution.

Pros

It is comforting know that our sensitive data is secure!

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

It best fitted our needs.

Tom from Sunset Technologies

Satisfied with PassPortal

Pros

The password management and documentation portion of this product is fantastic. It has have a very positive impact on our organization. Allows our technicians to access the data they need in a quick fashion which ultimately provides our clients with a better experience.

Cons

The customer documentation portion. As an organization we have

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

Cost, features, customer service, security

Henry from ONGC

Passportal review

Pros

Cons

There are some areas i'd like to include Photoes in the body of the article or datafeild but I can only link the image instead.

Brian from UIS

Great product for MSPs

Pros

Channel focused and helps us solve the password problems our clients face

Cons

Would like to see 2 factor authentication as a service.

Reasons for Choosing SolarWinds Passportal

It basically does both of what IT Glue and LastPass do and is reasonably priced. Also, LP does not offer a channel program.