• Pros

• "I love everything about this product. I am the leader of the Houston User Association and we all love Ajera! I have been a faithful Deltek User since the Harper & Shuman DAys "

• "Real time processing is most important to our firm, our PM love this feature. The support is also fantastic. "

• "The features that have been added over the last couple years have helped with the look and use of the software. I enjoy the dashboard shortcuts and options that they have provided."

• Cons

• "Financial Reporting. P&L statements are always off. We had to run two sets of books parallel in order to have correct financial reporting."

• "I wish the payroll program would create AP invoices for taxes. quick books has this feature. I would like the general ledger to net out the debits and credits."

• "The available reports are good but trying to create a report can be very trying unless you have SQL experience."

Browse Deltek Ajera Reviews

Jenny from Fast + Epp

Deltek Ajera - Constitution Review

I would say if you know how to use Ajera, you will be really benefit from it because it is a magic tool with some limitation. Learning curve is there, but it is well worth the time to learn how the system works correctly.

Pros

Ajera not only can help to create tools for you to manage the projects well from tracking the budget hours, the worked hours, the project costs, forecasting the project probabilities, scheduling, etc. which the Ajera salespersons are mainly focused on (it is true), but also you could create a lot of additional reports - i.e. Forecasting the workloads for next few years which will provide the data to support HR making hiring decisions, the revenue projections, and the revenue capacity with the employees you have, etc. Even more, you could create the user-friendly accounting functions in Ajera to make the accounting side move efficiently than using the accounting software - i.e. Simply Accounting, Quick Books

Cons

1. Add more import options will be great especially if we could create the custom forms to submit the data to the fields including the custom fields in Ajera. 2. Allow the Vendor Invoices to be submitted by the vendor to the client side Ajera directly especially for the architecture firms 3. Allow sharing some info from Ajera to the company website

Melissa from Operations Made Easy LLC

Industry: Executive Office

Ajera provides simple timekeeping when billable vs. unbillable is important.

I use Ajera for timekeeping for an engineering client. We create the projects from an admin level and can assign certain things to certain staff members. It allows for them to view their accrual pay, and the submittal for approval process is as easy as can be. Our supervisors get automatic emails to approve time sheets, and rarely do we have to ask staff to make changes because the format allows for such easy time entry to projects and overhead or otherwise. Ajera is a good option for timekeeping in the instance you need to bill your time to specific projects. I would recommend Ajera specifically for engineering firms, and any other organization that does project based accounting.

Pros

I like the ease of use for our staff. It is easy for them to find the appropriate project they are working on to code their time accordingly. Additionally, it is easy for them to bill to Holiday, Sick, or overhead as necessary. Once in the timekeeping window, the search feature works great whether you are searching by project titles or numbers, so we rarely have to intervene to help people with their timesheets.

Cons

There seem to be a couple steps to just get to the timekeeping window. Needs simplification - maybe it's the first window that pops up so that staff doesn't have to use a drop down for the timesheet.

Paula from CFI Companies Inc

Why I lvoe Ajera

It has been exceptional. I do not have any problems with Ajera. I have done several installations and I just love the product!

Pros

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about this software. I do worry that Ajera will be sundowned for Vantage Point. That would make me very unhappy. But to be fair, I have not reviewed Adjantage Point.

Reasons for Choosing Deltek Ajera

We were smaller and I thought it would be a better fit.

Nick from Creative Space

One of the worst accounting systems out there

Literally any other system would be better. I'd recommend looking into Quickbooks, Intacct, or Sage, even Netsuite before going down this road. As soon as you are up and running you will be 10 years behind technologically and if you ever transition it will be incredibly painful and tedious.

Pros

Supports "multi-company", but creates a rats nest of transactions that will cripple your accounting team

Cons

The system is built on .NET and has bugs in nearly every module. You must use a PC and internet explorer to even log into the system which does not integrate with any outside systems such as your bank or any payments platform. To even use the system you must be well versed in the individual bugs in each module. This is one of the slowest systems I've ever used because nearly everything must be manually entered and there is almost no automation or memory of previously coded transactions. The system is incredibly expensive to implement and maintain compared to other cloud-based systems and your team will spend countless hours manually entering data and trying to navigate the system's nuances. It's close to impossible to find skilled professionals who've worked with Ajera before or have any kind of knowledge beyond a very basic level unless you hire one of less than a dozen specialty Ajera consultants. When I finally moved on to a new system, they would not even provide me with a backup file of my data. I'm still in the process of extracting my data after weeks of waiting and hours spent on the phone with their customer support team. It is incredible this company still exists

Straight and to the point program has helped make tracking time painless.

Pros

Ajera is easily customizable to meet the needs of our company. With it's fast load times and simple interface, time sheets are no longer a dreaded task.

Cons

Sometimes Ajera will automatically add zeros to the end of data entered into cells. I think this is because the default is a value of zero and when selecting the cell to enter a value it does not eliminate the default amount. Fixing this will greatly improve program efficiency.

Ajera for Project Accounting Management

Pros

I am an environmental compliance project manager and my company uses Ajera for their company accounting, employee and budget utilization tracking, and invoicing. I think that the program functionality is great as it tracks in real time project management matrices (as long as project team members input their project utilization in a timely fashion). I can stay on top of my project parameters and project progress where I utilize multiple people in different office locations.

Cons

Overall, I don't have any cons regarding Ajera from a functionality and ease of use standpoint. It does take some time loading various reports and timesheets, which slows down productivity from time to time.

Christine from John Milner Architects

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Just getting my feet wet...

We are in the training phase of the software experience so my opinions may change with time. Initially, the software seems impressive. Our training executive is excellent. She truly has an understanding of the day to day operations of an architectural firm so our training is tailored for efficiency. My one experience with support was excellent as well. I received an immediate, understandable response which resolved our issue. Prior to purchasing, we received an unflattering review of a colleague's past experience with their Ajera support, but so far, we have had the opposite experience. I was hoping that the software was more user friendly, closer to the level of Quickbooks, but I've been told by our training exec that certain "editable" transaction features would render the software non FAR compliant, which I was not aware of.

Pros

The few project managers who were involved with the project set up training are very excited to see the level of detail available for project costing and time scheduling.

Cons

Not as user-friendly as I had hoped.

Gretchen from Cochran

Beneficial but users can struggle sometimes

Pros

Cons

We have many companies and unfortunately they don't have an easy way to go from one to the next. Have to keep logging in and out.

Jean from FOX Engineering

Industry: Civil Engineering

Real time Ajera

Very positive. Priced right for the smaller firm. Great support....great turn around time

Pros

Real time data; ease of use for non-accounting people

Cons

Payroll max accrual method for tracking sick; vacationq

Reasons for Choosing Deltek Ajera

Deltek acquired my previous software.

September 2016

Divya from ABKJ Inc

2.5

2.5

September 2016

Useful for Project management, but not the most easy to use

Pros

The availability 24/7 support is what I like best. The technical support teams seems knowledgeable and is quick to respond to queries. I also like the fact that Deltek has included government reporting features into the software, making it very easy to prepare and file various quarterly and annual reports with government agencies. A recent feature that was added, the import credit card feature is also a nice to have on this platform.

Cons

It is difficult to customize reports and get the advanced forms of data. Some types of reports, such as revenue based on activity type are unavailable, so you will need to resort to exporting whatever data you can to excel and then sort through hundred of lines of information to get what you want. Also, there is no option to import data from excel files. This is definitely not the most user friendly software that I've used. Management reports are virtually non existent.

Akbar from KMBR ARchitects Planners Inc,

Industry: Architecture & Planning

life saving ie work life balance

work life balance

Pros

saved time and was able to generate different report for Project managers and Principal. Also it was a easy transfer of data.Setting up project numbers and task numbers for each project so you can bill time to each project. You can then easily track costs. You can easily create customizable reports to show what data you want to capture in an easily readable format for you to read and compare. Time sheets are easy to enter for each employee as long as the project numbers, over head numbers, etc., are entered. Expense sheets are easy to enter as long as project number, over head numbers, etc., are entered.

Cons

based on cloud, sometime freezes, also don't know if it follow the Privacy act. The user interface for time sheets could be more user-friendly. The user interface for expense sheets could be more user-friendly.

Sara from Providence Engineering Corporation

Great Software for a Small AE Firm

Pros

The widgets are my favorite feature of Ajera. They allow the company to decide how to present information to the users in graphs and charts. Timesheets and expense reports can be submitted on the employee's phone. The Project Command Center is a one stop shop for managing your project. I also love how the Deltek Ajera employees are always willing to help and listen to our ideas. I have seen many things we requested occur in updates.

Cons

I do not have complaints about the software. I will warn that sometimes after major updates there are glitches. However, every software that is constantly updating of this size has minor glitches after major updates. And Deltek usually releases fixes right away.

Myrna from IBI Group

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great product! Access information you need quickly.

Ease of use and quickness of data entry.

Pros

Dashboards, ease of getting information quickly, and ability to customize what you see. The data entry is quick. We generate all our customer invoices in one day. Very colorful screens makes it nicer to work in. Great reports and easy to customize to your liking. I have worked with many other industry software and Ajera is by far the best. Wonderful users group is a big plus too.

Cons

General Ledger doesn't show net for the period. It is hard to think of what I don,t like because whenever we find something it is lacking they enhance the software to provide it.

Julie from red architecture + planning

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Project Management/Accounting but so much more!

The Ajera platform has always been very strong. Deltek has expanded to reach to more firms allowing it the software to enhance and grow. The Ajera leadership team is always helpful and willing to work through any challenges you may face.

Pros

This fully integrated software package can be customized in so many ways but remains and easy to use tool. It allows for those of very basic to little understanding the ability to learn the key components to project management and accounting in ways the can be made understandable to everyone.

Cons

I would love to see it enhanced to have the ability archive closed projects to allow for less data to process through.

Ken from Ruekert & Mielke, Inc.

Would not want to use any other software.

Pros

Ease of use, immediate updates of charts and data, widget reporting, inquiry and exports to excel. Support has always been great, and software updates come from the company frequently to keep our software up to par.

Cons

It does not "bug me", but having a working knowledge of SQL is helpful - not everyone has that. It can be a little intimidating at first for project managers, but with support, training, and reinforcement, they do come around and use it for their needs.

Julie from Red Architecture + Planning

Excellent product and support. Outstanding value when compared to all others on the market.

Daily support for all business functions

Pros

They ability to customize the software to user specific values from the start but remains relatable to other users experiences.

Cons

New user experience could be improved with more open discussion on wants and needs from beginning conversation. Assessing the users level of experience and understanding of accounting and project management process

Great for time sheets and project tracking

better project tracking and time sheet capabilities. Electronic invoice generation and review with the ability to comment to other users.

Pros

the ease of use is nice especially when filling out time sheets. The ability to copy previous time sheets is a real time saver. The ability to track projects in real time is also very handy. Views are very customizable and the built in graphics are a nice feature.

Cons

The software can be very slow at times. It takes a while to jump into different modules like jumping into time sheets or opening the project command center. there always seems to be noticeable wait for these windows to open.

Deirdre from Etegent Tw

I have been a user for almost 8 years; as well as an instructor at the AUA Conferences

June 2016

Ken from Ruekert & Mielke, Inc.

June 2016

Wouldn't want to work with any other package

Pros

Ajera allows our PM's to work in the software and have answers at their fingertips. With the dashboard and widget features, they get needed info quickly, without having to search through reports or run their own inquiries.

Cons

Cannot think of anything major. I have been a satisfied customer of Ajera and it predecessor products for over 25 years. Each update and product change has gotten better. Any issues are very minor and can be worked around, at least for our firm.

Jane from BRS Architects

Deltek Ajera

Pros

Client support is terrific. It's nice to know that when questions arise, you're only a phone call away from talking and understanding someone who knows the software so well.

Joe from Asgeci

Take the time to learn, it will save you time and money

Go to workshops and events to learn from others

Pros

Customization is key to automation. Make sure you get the setup right, we used deltek Consultants and this was essential.

Ashlie from ajc architects

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Ajera - time for an update.

Pros

I like Ajera's time sheet capabilities, the time sheets are very easy to use for someone that does not use Deltek often. I also love this reporting capabilities.

Cons

Ajera's cons are, the system as a whole seems to be outdated, and it take a lot to steps to enter accounts payable and other general accounting information.

Great project management tool

Pros

I like that you can assign team members to different tasks.

Cons

I do not like how old the platform looks.

Josie from Finegold Alexander Architects

Deltek for Project Management

I work for an architecture firm and have been using Deltek for about a year. It has many good features and easy to use. It tracks a project's budget from the marketing phase to completion

Pros

Easy to use and makes easy to read reports

Sara from Providence Engineering Corporation

Great Software for a Small AE Firm

Pros

Ajera allows project managers to review and manage their projects with ease. The customization dashboards enable the company to structure numerous custom reports that suit their needs. The Deltek Ajera Team loves their software. They listen to their clients and try to improve the software with new updates. Ajera is great because of the customization. But in many cases, the defaults of the software are based on industry standards or best practices.

Cons

Because the software is powerful, there is a lot of knowledge to learn. I strongly recommend using consultants. There is a learning curve, but it is well worth the time to learn how the system works correctly.

Ron from The Abo Group

Industry: Architecture & Planning

A project management system that kind of does financials

This is the most difficult system that we have ever worked with in the 40 years that I have been in business. We are switching to Quick Books

Pros

Project Management and Scheduling are great. Our project managers love the system. Scheduling is a real plus.

Kelli from Victory Property

Good tool for timekeeping and expensing billable/unbillable

It takes getting used to, but once you are in it, it works.

Pros

Timekeeping billable v nonbillable codes is easy to customize fields to track these items. It is a bit clunky to get used to, where to find things. But the overall tracking is good. On the expense side, same idea for tracking billable and not.

Cons

expenses for mileage get messed up and don't populate correctly when splitting different mileage rates. And the new rate for the current year will not program correctly.

Adam from Origin and Cause Inc

Slower than molasses on a cold day

Pros

It tracks time and has good automated report generation features.

Cons

The application is an absolute pig for memory usage. Most people at our office have to track their time manually with pen and paper and then make the entries at the end of the day because keeping Ajera open makes their computers slow right down.

John from dwg

Poor service, Only runs on Edge

Pros

Not much to like, unfortunately. It is easy to link projects and employees, and/or divide time for different phases, but I feel like you get that with any other app too.

Cons

Hard to use, ugly, and poor customer service. Only runs on microsoft edge, will not remember your password, will ask you for permission to download and run something every single time.

July 2014

Michele from Horizon Engineering Group, Inc.

July 2014

Horizon switches to Ajera

Pros

The help link and the Ajera customer support center are fantastic tools, especially as a new user of the software. The customer support staff is also a wonderful resource, which is something that was not readily available to me with Deltek.

Cons

The software has been very quirky, and our IT guy has spent a lot of time dealing with the issues. I also think there are too many little updates, which I have not seen with other products. Additionally, the report features need more work.

January 2014

Lynette from Cawley Architects

January 2014

So far, so good!

Pros

Staff is very professional and knowledgeable. They are always pleasant to speak to.

Cons

I'm still learning the product. The font size is too small. It needs more detailed project reports. It needs a semi-monthly timesheet rather than weekly. Our pay periods are not based off of weeks; they are based off of days in the month. WIP accrual is automatic; I would rather have this an option function. Our projects are billed prior to them actually being completed, which causes our WIP number to be completely incorrect.

dan from Constructions

We find it difficult to use, and difficult to have an accountant or bookeeper who will work with it.

I wish we had instead chosen another system, like quickbooks with a plug in for project reporting.

Pros

Aim was to be able to chart project status and KPI. In fact this is very difficult to use.

Cons

Security design & profile is very poor. There is no way to request password reset if you login a few times with wrong password other than going to the administrator, .. it will not allow password to be saved on your PC via another software, and it wants new passwords to be changed often. Our users are often locked out for days.

Joseph from Survey Company

Industry: Civil Engineering

Least user-friendly software out there

Terrible product and terrible service. Very expensive.

Pros

It has a lot of capability. Could be useful if you have a huge nerd who uses it on behalf of your company.

Cons

Very hard to use, very hard to do what you want to do. Basic tasks can be impossible without assistance. The sign in process is archaic and very problematic when you have many users. I cannot remember the last time I used a program that was so unfriendly and incompatible with other programs.

Michael from Environmental Systems Design, Inc.

Ajera

Ajera is a good software for smaller firms, under 100 employees. For the size of my firm, it just doesn't provide us with the flexibility and reporting that I require.

Cons

limited ability to "slice-and-dice" data for reports. limited to 5 tag fields for reporting.

July 2016

Jeff from InForm Design

1.5

1.5

July 2016

Look elsewhere for a software solution

Pros

The support people are great and the software actually has potential to be very good.

Cons

The software is difficult to use in many, many areas. It works as an accounting system and to some degree as a Project management System but there is no flow to it. You have to remember too many quirky little things to get it to do some of the most basic things.

Rita from Cuhaci and Peterson

Helps but!

You can depend on it but needs real patience

Pros

I don't have to repeat project numbers used on repeated days. Saves my tons of data quite well.

Cons

Freezes a lot while entering data. Takes time to refresh.

Amber from Koffel Associates, Inc.

Excellent Project Management and Accounting Software

We began using Ajera shortly after the Deltek acquisition and have since gained vast insight into how to effectively manage projects through the use of Ajera's many project management features.

Jamie from Toole Design Group

Archaic, non-intuitive software

Please upgrade your user experience.

Pros

It gets the job done. I mean, in terms of functionality, it works for project management, time management, etc.

Cons

It's ugly, it's convoluted, and users all seem to hate it. Navigating it is difficult, it sorts employees by first name (which sounds great except no other software does, so syncing is ugly), it doesn't play well with payroll software, which causes double entry.... And the interface looks like 1988.

Ben from SMA

Ajera, better than some others

Being used at a smaller consulting engineering firm (20 employees). The software isn't very intuitive so make sure to get any training provided. There are lots of powerful report features, but it they aren't used frequently then users quickly forget how to generate them. The smaller the business size, it seems less customer support is provided.

Mike from Moore Engineering, Inc.

Good for Smaller AE Firms

Deltek Ajera Project Management works well for less complicated projects and smaller organizations. Once you get into a larger and growing organization, it has its limitations and can be cumbersome to maintain a project using the tools available

Pros

Simplistic and fairly easy to learn

Cons

Limited for complex projects and organizations

Lucy from KSC

Industry: Research

Its alright.

Pros

My company used this for benefits info. It is not the most modern looking interface.

Cons

The interface is the thing I like least about this software.

yatish from shenoy engineering

Great Software

Pros

Great project management tool in construction. Manages multiple projects at the same time. great construction management software.

Cons

Not available for smaller size companies who only want to use for one or two management task. Would like this software to be provided in modules with multiple tools available in modules.