• Pros

• "I love that I don't ever have to worry about saving receipts & it has taught me to even be more organized! "

• "Very easy implementation - love the human support on closing the books each month. "

• "Bench makes work simple. The interface is very user friendly and instinctive, reports are clear and accurate. Our accountant can log in easily and the customer service is stellar. "

• Cons

• "The mobile app could be better, but I use the website to upload docs anyway."

• "I would love to have a screen that shows real-time info on where the company is at in the year. "

• "-Getting you caught up on your books can take a while -Some of the integrations are a little buggy and need re-authorization"

Browse Bench Bookkeeping Reviews

Erik from Student Church Movements

Completely alleviated stress while reducing my bookkeeping costs

When I first heard about Bench, I was nervous about switching from a standard, old school accounting firm I'd worked with for many years. Within a week, my fears were dissipating. Three years later, my fears are completely gone. Bench completely meets my needs as a small business owner - while saving me time and money.

Pros

Bench is SIMPLE. The software provides me an accurate and easy to understand overview of my monthly and annual financials with easy-to- process visuals and graphs. The software integrates automatically with my bank and credit card, alleviating the back and forth calls and emails I used to labor through with my former "brick and mortar" accountants. When I have a question, the Bench team is always available and quick to respond.

Cons

Nada! No complaints here! I have not experienced a single problem with the Bench software

Brent from SmartPro Financial

A great value of service for taking care of bookkeeping

Great experience and helpful service. Awesome value since an in-person CPA would be double the cost. Bench was especially around tax time when it comes to working with me to get my numbers buttoned up.

Pros

The iOS app is simple and easy to use. I appreciate the quick access to messaging back and forth with my bookkeeper, making notes about transactions, and they referred me to Gusto for an integrated payroll service

Cons

Some of the features like their Pulse tab of real time bank account syncing and electronic PDF statement syncing are glitchy.

RUN FAR FAR AWAY!

Pros

Nothing food to say honestly. Never got it off the ground. When I asked for a refund it was a hassle

Cons

If you look around and have your ducks in a row you will find these people are price gouging businesses and their pricing tactics are horribly unfair to the prospective customer. My best advice is RUN FAR FAR AWAY!

Response from Bench

Replied June 2018

Hi George, I'm really sorry that your initial Onboarding experience didn't align with your expectations, and that you weren't able to experience our ongoing monthly service. We strive for clear and upfront pricing, which is why we have fixed pricing packages based on monthly expenses and add-ons. We are proud of the value we provide our clients as America's largest bookkeeping service. We do not price match with other businesses nor do we heavily discount our catch-up service. While we can't give you back your time, you have been fully refunded. We also have taken your feedback to our team to help ensure that we provide a consistent Onboarding experience and prevent situations like yours in the future. If there's more we can do to assist you, Sarah from our Client Care team is happy to speak with you further.

Byron from Moore Law Firm, PLLC

Bench is great

My accounting was solved using bench, literally it's set it and forget it, these guys are top notch and make your life easy.

Pros

Incredibly supportive staff, intuitive friendly user-interface, provided year end tax portfolio that I could easily give to my CPA. Bench is just fantastic, I can't say enough good things about the way they have handled my accounts for the past 3 years, highly recommend. If you're a professional, this is for you.

Cons

The only con here is that I didn't switch sooner.

Response from Bench Accounting

Replied February 2020

Thank you so much Byron for your kind words! We are so happy to be working with you.

Pat from Lex Valorem, LLC

Industry: Law Practice

Ditched Quickbooks and saved a lot of time

I am spending a lot less time on bookkeeping and accounting.

Pros

Cons

Not all of my business accounts can be connected via feed (ie intuit payroll), which requires a drag and drop upload each month.

Reasons for Choosing Bench Bookkeeping

I found quickbooks to be frustrating and required far too many manual adjustments - and I never did completely understand the chart of accounts on QB. It was simply too complicated to use and I was exhausted trying to keep up with everything that I needed to do to get a good set of financials.

Albert from Clerksy, Inc.

Exceptional Services for Small Businesses

Bench executives should develop the bookkeeping platform further to include items that allow the end user to have a total experience. I understand that the goal is to lead bookkeeping into full tech. However, I feel that users want some form of one-on-one service where they are able to meet and greet their bookkeeping expert. What I have experienced with Bench thus far are a series of glitches when adding accounts, not being able to delete accounts, and occasionally having to repeat myself when discussing issues with numerous customer support staff members that are not apart of my bookkeeping team. I feel that by establishing a video conferencing feature to the dashboard, it would be a brilliant opportunity for us, end users, to get to know their experts and to limit any inconsistencies while providing a more personal experience.

Pros

Bench has done a great job of placing most items one would require into a dashboard that makes the bookkeeping experience simple. Customer service at Bench is by far the best in the market! Staff at the company truly believe in the product and provide the end user with an exceptional experience each and every call.

Cons

Platform errors and the lack of additional features.

Missy from The Body Intuitive

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Takes the hassle work out of financial reporting

Overall Bench has helped me to track and monitor my business financials. Tax seasons has been a breeze the last two years with Bench - something a lot of freelancers struggle with.

Pros

- no need to use quickbooks - friendly and responsive staff when issues arise - individual bookkeeper assigned to your account - user interface is friendly and accessible - reporting features are solid - costs less than hiring your own bookkeeper - affordable rates which are advantageous for small businesses

Cons

- auto syncing does not connect w Capital One bak accounts which results oftentimes a 2-3 week lag in getting monthly reports back - only retrospective reporting; no prospective budgeting features (need to use separate software) - does not provide tax accounting services; only bookkeeping - cannot easily customize revenue subledgers without discussing w accountant - no categories of fixed/variable expenses - cannot upload documents via mobile devices

Christina from CGandolfo Pictures Inc.

Seamless Bookkeeping

My experience has been overall positive! My bookkeeper is there when I need him and always professional and friendly!

Pros

Simply put, Bench took a headache away and made managing my bookkeeping easy and seamless. It also encourages me to be more aware of receivables and expenses + I really appreciate that I can check my books at any time, day or night. The overall look of the site is clean and approachable, and the interface is simple.

Cons

A few times my bank accounts have come "unlinked" somehow and I've had to go back in and link them.

Reasons for Choosing Bench Bookkeeping

The ease of viewing my books online with 24-hour access.

Response from Bench Accounting

Replied August 2019

Hi Christina! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us! We've passed this along to your bookkeeping team, and I know they will be thrilled to hear this!

Kirk from Smiles Family Dental Care

It's like having a personal bookkeeper at a much lower cost.

We save a considerable amount of money over brick-and-mortar services and save a huge amount of time by not trying to do this ourselves with Quick Books or similar software.

Pros

Value. They provide services like a personal bookkeeping company. Very helpful and quick response.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. We've been very happy with it.

Adam from AB Brown Real Estate Inc

Bench is the best option for all your bookkeeping needs

Pros

1. Easy to use 2. Does not take too much time 3. Affordable

Cons

There are no cons. I love this product and all that if offers.

Response from Bench Accounting

Replied August 2019

Hi Adam! Thanks for sharing this positive feedbackwe're over the moon hearing this! We can't wait to pass this on to your bookkeeping teamthey're going to be super excited. Thanks for being with us!

Makes My Life as a Small Business Owner So Much Easier

I started my graphic design studio in 2005 managing our books through a part-time bookkeeper who'd come in 1-2x a month and we'd then communicate a few times every week.. This system got us through the first 8 years of our business. Though functional, it was a time-consuming process. We used Quickbooks at the time, and I could never get comfortable using it to manage or understand our business's numbers even though our bookkeeper was serving it on a silver platter essentially. I've always felt Quickbooks was made for accountants, not business owners or individuals. Once can argue, it's supposed to be "accounting made easy", but it's really designed with accounting in mind — not business owners. As a business owner I wanted to quickly understand cashflow and profitability. Whereas Quickbooks seemed to that and much more, it seemed like I was doing my taxes every time I went in there. So I started looking for options and that's when I found Bench. And Bench, even back then, had already provided a service ideal for a small business owner like me. I've been using Bench since 2013 now, and I can't imagine running my business without them. It's allowed me to focus on my clients and design work which are revenue generating tasks, instead of accounting which was an anxiety-generating task.

Pros

1) Uncomplicated Interface — For a non-numbers/non-accounting comfortable individual it's great. It provides me access and understanding to our accounting in a very digestible yet informative manner. 2) Accessible Customer Service/Communications — All the interactions I've had have been professional, courteous, and problem solving driven. It's never "No". Instead if a challenge arises, they've always been proactive in finding a way to address the challenge or question providing options. It's also especially great that you can speak with them or chat with them with no barriers. At first I was very concerned about this since our books are the heartbeat of our financials, and i was quickly at ease after the first few calls and chats. 3) Easy — Once our accounts were synced and Bench had a clear picture of how our business worked, it's set-it-and-forget-it. What used to required a few hours every week for me now has become an hour or two a month. 4) Transaction Verification Made Easy — I especially love how they've simplified this process to almost a game.

Cons

1) Cash based bookkeeping. This was a struggle in the beginning since we were accrual based initially. However upon working with them and our CPA, we've managed to stay accrual based and set up a system where we do adjusted entries after filing taxes. 2) Not Quickbooks. This is not really a con, but should make it clear that if you prefer to stay on Quickbooks, this is not the service for you. They will provide your books as spreadsheets for your CPA to work with. At first I was nervous about this, but it hasn't been an issue. 3) Turnover with bookkeepers — Over the years, we've had I believe 5 different bookkeepers over the course of 6 years due to turnover or what seems to be internal promotions. It has not negatively impacted our service, but I do wish it was less frequent since at times I'd have to remind the new person some of the subtleties of our account.

Chris from Swift Galleries LLC

Outsourcing to Bench was a Gamechanger

As a small business we're constantly prioritizing big time spends and deciding what's worth us outsourcing and spending money on rather than time. Bench was one that, as soon as we were set up and going with them, we've never looked back. It is not cheap. But it's worth it for us, no question about it!

Pros

We've been using Bench for a few years now and absolutely love it. It can be basically as hand's off as you want. We get an email once a month when they're working on our books, sometimes an extra contact here and there if they provide other documentation throughout the year. And we have our CPA and Bench people in touch with each other which is even more off our plate. As small business owners, bookkeeping used to take a ton of our time, and now it's a breeze. And logging into our account we can look around at where our money is going with a quick glance

Cons

I admit we haven't done a ton of digging around in the actual software - our typical use is them contacting us with any categorization questions once a month (and after a couple years there are hardly ever any). I do wish (or can not find how) we could see how much money we're paying/spending on a particular item. So, say, I want to see how much we're spending on just Facebook ads. What I can do is search for "facebook" (and I can specifically search within whatever time period I want, like Q4 2018 or January 2017), but it won't automatically give me a sum of all of those expenses. I CAN see a summary of expenses by category, but by "line item" (like "Facebook" or "AWS") would be even more helpful.

Jon from Gyros For Heroes

Industry: Restaurants

Bench Works!

Overall, I recommend bench to everyone. They do have their shortcomings, but in my experience it can be fixed by not giving so many clients to one person. My current bookkeeper is great and very prompt on delivering my books each month. I hope she sticks around. YMMV, but keep with it, bench is the best out there.

Pros

My QuickBooks was a mess. I had brought in duplicate transactions from syncing with square and I was going to need to manually adjust thousands of items. Then I found bench! The bookkeepers are relatively easy to get in touch with when you have an issue; you can book a call, chat, etc. Come tax time the year end summary they put together was amazing. It made filing taxes very easy.

Cons

The bookkeepers are spread very thin, and turnover is high. I've been with them a little over a year and I've had 3 different bookkeepers. I had to complain about one of them because he wasn't giving me a complete set of books each month. (They ended up giving a month free while they caught up my books.) It costs much much more than QuickBooks and doing it yourself, and you do have someone knowledgeable doing the work, but all than means nothing if your books are fragmented.

Jean from Que Factory

Best Web-based/Remote Bookkeeping Full-Services

Great experience, we've been with them for 2 years now and we will not switch to anything else!

Pros

Extremely professional bookkeepers, easy to use user interface and 100% hands-free. They even have auto-linked bank accounts to pull your bank statements so you don't have to manually send receipts and statements. You can view your dashboard anytime and see live updates on your balance sheet. My CPA loves their books as well.

Cons

Sometimes the connection might be off and I'll have to upload documents anyways, and they'll still need my input for returning vendors/suppliers.

Patricia from Brushstrokes and Corks, LLC

Excellent Solution for Tracking Business Expenses

Bench has set my mind at ease that all of my business costs and expenditures are being accounted for successfully and tracked.

Pros

Very easy to use . This product has been very useful for me to track all business expenses and have all of the required audits of my accounts while also producing annual earnings reports. Very professional.

Cons

It would be nice if the system was able to read the memos for checks written to determine the purpose for the expenditure rather than the business owner having to review each check and identify its purpose for the business.

Sunghoon from Pittsburgh Prep

convenient and accessible

With bench.co I've been able to see in real-time our financial statements without having to ruffle through paperwork or calling someone/visiting an office. I would highly recommend this service to any small business owner.

Pros

Bench.co has literally changed the way I operate my organization & school. Whereas in the past we'd have to wait, and work around local accountants who had 100's of clients in queue, Bench allows me the convenience and access to my virtual accountant 24/7 online and poignantly clear on all aspects of bookkeeping.

Cons

As with all software based services, sometimes Bench can lag in their monthly accounts at the beginning of the new year. This is a very minor inconvenience to the overall experience.

Susan from Simply Pure Home

Great bookkeeping company

Overall Bench has saved me time with preparing all bank reconciliations and year end tax preparation. It's also a stress relief that it's done thoroughly and properly. It's not just one person being accountable for my bookkeeping needs but the company stands behind it.

Pros

I like the ease of having my bookkeeping done on a timely basis and not having to think about it until I get a message to review the month. I can then easily go in and make notes of any changes to be made or answer their questions to me. The customer service is excellent as well. They integrate with my payroll company too which saves time.

Cons

They don't integrate with my Customer Management System and they don't use QuickBooks which I also use. I process invoices through my CMS which also provides my scheduling, customer profiles, employee payroll reports, etc. I would love it if Bench would integrate their system to it so I can better track invoices. Instead I have to do that through QuickBooks but am only using a small portion of what QB offers since Bench does my bank reconciliation and they don't use QB. So I'm still paying for QB for this part of what I need. I have a daily service company and I process client credit cards daily in addition to tracking some clients that still write checks and a few who pay via ACH. I do that within QB. At this point I'm not aware of a better way if I want to continue using Bench for bookkeeping.

Patrick from CareLuLu

Awesome tool, great customer service, and affordable!

Pros

What I love the most is the customer service. Despite this being a "bookkeeping software/tool", you get a dedicated accountant. Executives are so responsive. Every time I have a question, I get a response that same day. The platform is also easy to use, and the interface makes it really easy to upload documents, download reports, etc. Really recommend!

Cons

One small issue is the capabilities. If you have highly complex bookkeeping needs (a unique situation or business model), this may not work for you. This doesn't matter for 99% of businesses.

Response from Bench

Replied April 2018

Hi Patrick - This is so lovely to hear! We're so glad we've been able to help take bookkeeping off of your plate. I've passed this on to Michael and your team, and you've made their day. - SP

Jocelyn from Umlaut Brooklyn

Bench Makes Running a Small Company a Breeze!

Bench has made accounting for our small business so simple. I struggled with other software that had clunky user interfaces (Quickbooks) and a steep learning curve, I needed something that could ensure that my business accounting would be accurate and up to date without it eating all of my time. Our Bench bookkeepers have all been wonderful - they're fast to respond, give good information and work really well with our accountant. Taxes were a breeze this year after a full year with Bench! I have recommend them to other small business owners and urge you to try them out. You'll wonder what you ever did without them.

Pros

Cons

There is literally nothing I don't like about Bench.

Must Have for Small Business Owner

What I love is that I don't have to enter a thing! Doing the books was not only frustrating, but also time consuming. Having Bench on my side means I can focus on building and growing my business, knowing that the data that drives my decisions is solid!

Pros

Bench isn't a software. It's a team of people USING a dedicated software platform to help you manage your books. This has made all the difference for me in my business. Other accounting programs didn't teach me how to manage my books or read my monthly reports. My dedicated Bench bookkeeper answers my questions, provides me resources and is a partner in helping me understand my business finances to make better decisions. If you are a small business owner who is great with customers, but bad with books...this is your solution. Stop trying to figure it all out yourself. Call Bench and get a dedicated human to help you out! You won't be disappointed!

Cons

After being on such robust software platform, I miss some of the bells and whistles those packages came with. But, Bench doesn't need all that. It's intuitive and focuses on the financial reports you need to make the best decisions for your business. You may have to look outside the platform to track some of your KPI's.

No more all-nighters at tax time! Easy to use, great support team, no more headaches.

Pros

The interface is clean and easy. Submitting expenses is easy and in most cases automated. My team, led by customer rep, is very responsive.

Cons

The only thing and I'm splitting hairs is that for more detailed ecommerce analytics, I need to either go to my ecommerce platform and/or pull other data for company performance. It would be helpful to be in one place. But that's a tall order for the great Bench price.

Response from Bench

Replied October 2017

Thank you for the review! We're excited to hear your books are no longer keeping you up at night. I've passed along your feedback regarding ecommerce analytics to our development team as well. - SP

Danny from Self employed

Game Changer!

Pros

Cons

Honestly I don't have any negatives on this.

Quick to get started!

I'm happy to use them overall. I wanted to take this off my place and have someone else manage and they are certainly doing that. They are just a bit slower than I would like.

Pros

I really like the balance sheet and income statements.

Cons

The support is a bit difficult to deal with. There's 4-5 unnecessary calls for setting up the account and seems to be as disconnect among staff there. I was also cancelled on last minute and had a no show.

Response from Bench Accounting

Replied May 2019

Thanks for your feedback. We apologize for the last minute cancellation of your appointment. We know how precious business owners' time is, and we have shared your feedback with the team to ensure that it does not happen again. Thank you as well for referencing the number of calls you had to set up your Bench account. We strive to schedule the minimum number of calls required to get to know your business inside and out, and gather all the information and documents/reports your bookkeeping team needs. We appreciate that the amount of information required to complete bookkeeping can be a bit overwhelming! We're always looking for ways to improve our systems so we really appreciate your feedback. If there's anything else we can assist you with please let us know and we'd be happy to connect you with one of our Client Success reps.

Tony from FitPro Studios LLC

Leave it to Bench

Being a hands on small business owner is tough enough. Not to mention all the documents, payroll, and most importantly booking keeping. This is where Bench comes in. The team at Bench is always helpful with any questions or concerns. They keep accurate booking and make it stress free each and every year. You will not be disappointed! Try them out

Pros

Ease of use and up to date information always.

Cons

Nothing. They are very good at connecting everything you need.

Christopher from Onetee

Great for Owner Operated Companies.

Pros

Bench is the ideal service for owners looking to shed bookkeeping responsibilities.

Cons

Link between financial accounts and software sometimes breaks.

Manabu from WinguMD, Inc.

Solves the Startup Book-keeping Headaches

All of my book-keeping headaches are gone!

Pros

I really like it that Bench people essentially leave me alone and they will do all the bookkeeping stuff for me. It is not my forte, so it is great and done at much lower price point than hiring a firm. The web interface is great and pretty much you upload your expense receipts and they will take care of it.

Cons

Occasionally the bank statement transfers stops, then takes a bit of trial and errors for it to work, only happens perhaps once a year or so. No biggie, but could improve it.

Response from Bench

Replied October 2017

Hi Manabu - Thank you for your kind words! We're thrilled to be able to ease the headache of bookkeeping for you. We've passed the message on to Nadeeshi and the rest of your team, and you've made their day much brighter. - SP

Bench offers great support for a small Book Keeping Service

I am a loyal customer and a happy one. I make it clear if you run a small business Bench can positively help your business grow. If you are a medium business its likely not for you but for Mom and Pops this is a perfect service.

Pros

The price is worthy of the value. The service is grounded and level. The results each year were less stress, more time spent with family because our bookkeeping services were met.

Cons

It's not software its a service, and ultimately every service has a price. I don't think the results are valuable unless you work with your bookkeeper to accurately get all of your bookkeeping done. As a result, there is some time involvement required. BUT FAR LESS than you'd need to do if you managed it yourself.

Alissa from Brew Ha Ha

Bench has simplified our life!

This has saved me so much time from needing regular in-person meetings with our bookkeeper. Love the ability to hop on a call with our bookkeeper at any time. Everything has been easy to use and transition.

Pros

Going from a traditional bookkeeper to Bench has been such a positive experience. Our books are so much more efficient and the online portal makes it so easy to make changes, track our spending, and ensure we're up to date. The combination of online account connections and automation mixed with a real bookkeeper that knows your account has been very helpful.

Cons

Some challenges with connecting financial accounts but appreciate the security requirements

Greg from Pinnacle Optical, LLC

Industry: Wholesale

Excellent Product

Pros

The ease of use, from processing receipts to monthly financial reports, makes this the best of the bookkeeping software services I've ever used. This frees up so much of my time!

Cons

I'd like to see a full accrual accounting method introduced and supported.

London from FIT4MOM Anaheim Hills/Orange

They do what they know how to do so I can do what I know how to do.

Overall very hally

Pros

I love math. I love numbers. And I could probably do my own bookkeeping if I didn’t have to also run the business, hire employees, train employees and work from home with two toddlers underfoot. That’s why Bench is so important to me. They’re the experts in their field. So they take that off my to do list so I can handle everything else.

Cons

I hate how my bank account always goes offline and I have to remember my password again and again to get it back online.

Trevor from Champ Camp Kids

Love Bench!

Wonderful! So happy we started with the business.

Pros

Bench has really helped us with the task of bookkeeping that just got out of hand. The people that help you with your account are so responsive and very helpful!

Too complicated to use.

Martha from The Key PR

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Can't imagine running The Key without it

Pros

I LOVE being able to set and forget all the regulated/complex elements of our backend office. Not only do things run smoothly, but the Bench team is always available to confirm that all is as it should be whenever we get concerned. Excellent benefits are a huge part of the culture we're building, and Bench makes it so easy through its core product and partnerships.

Cons

I'd love to have even more partners for wellness benefits

Nage from SLCO Agency

More then Just Software

Stress free, conviennent and helpful!

Pros

I love that Bench isn’t just software, even though the bench software is a million light years away from other book keeping services with its clean dashboards and colorful graphs. The team is as efficient as as helpful as they claim.

Cons

Depending on your banking provider, you may experience slight connections issues and have to manually upload statements, but it’s far easier then bookkeeping by myself.

Steve from SL Development

Reliable Bookeeping at a reasonable price

Pros

East to use. Improving on the regular and with new features like Pulse. I like the dedicated support and team member you are linked with makes it feel like an extension of my team.

Cons

Guided setup was more time consuming than it needed to be.. the sales team was great but my implementation team seemed like they were in the dark. After working through this and actually switching our bookkeeper within Bench after that it's been great.

Using Bench for Bootstrapped Software Company a Year Now

Pros

Easy. Don't have to do anything and they send you pretty monthly reports. Also, it makes tax time so much easier. If you're starting/new this is 1000000x better than trying to DIY.

Cons

It's possible at some point we'll outgrow Bench. Just as business grows there are more complexities and need for full-time staff. Still, it's great (GREAT!) when you're starting. Probably I'd like for it to be a little bit cheaper, but hey that's life.

Eric from HSG Campaigns

Industry: Political Organization

Exceptional Product and Service

Invoicing. Tracking finances. Giving information to my accountants. Bench is responsive and easy.

Pros

This product is easy to use and really helps me to stay organized. I was a Quickbooks user before Bench, and this software is far easier and more intuitive. I spend less time tracking and organizing finances and if I do have an issue the customer service team is always helpful and responsive.

Cons

I kept putting off the setup because I thought it would be like Quickbooks and be too time consuming. I was wrong. If you think you are too busy to change your software, trust me, you aren't. Bench is worth it.

Tony from Magna Consulting Inc

Love Bench!!

Love bench and my bookkeeper! No complaints just happy to have them!

Pros

Bench makes communicating so easy with your personal bookkeeper. There system/software makes doing everything a breeze. And the cost no accountant can touch!

Cons

I have no cons about the software or the support!

Jason from Corus

Great value for bookkeeping service

They are great to work with.

Pros

It makes it really easy for us to not think about accounting

Cons

There are features that I'd like to see like invoicing that would allow for more report development and forecasting as well as a more consolidated financial software stack for us.

Great Accounting Software

Overall, I believe Bench has given me peace of mind about my financials being documented correctly and allowed me to spend more time working on my business instead of in my business.

Pros

Bench is easy to use and they take the guess work out of managing your business financials.

Cons

There have been a few moments when Bench missed expenses, and had I not caught them, they would have gone undiscovered. They could do a better job double-checking their work.

Jen from Unbroken Designs

Industry: Sporting Goods

Bookkeeping made easy

When there was an issue with my books, i was able to get a supervisor to help iron out all the kinks (the issue was with my payroll system and tax liabilities, not bench) i was happy to have that service available

Pros

I like the reports i can generate on my phone. It’s so nice that this is in app form.

Cons

Not so much the software but i don’t like that i have had six different bookkeepers since signing up two years ago. While they do have a team that works together overall, it’s been a little daunting having a new bookkeeper every few months. This was more an issue when i first signed up, I’ve had my bookkeeper now for a time least six months.

Emily from Conscious Cookie Co.

Amazing!

Pros

We love that we don’t need to do anything - bench takes care of all the receipts etc.

Cons

I don’t love that we have not met our book keepers in person but online does the trick!

Philippe from Nusku Arts Inc.

A+ Bookkeeping Management Software

Outsourcing with Bench was a part of our financial streamlining strategy processes. It allowed me to free more time in what I liked doing.

Pros

User Friendly User Interface Excellent Customer service

Cons

Wish there was some sort of Sync with Quickbooks

Dawn from Dawn A Garcia, Attorney-at-Law

Bench has been life-changing

I used to keep my own books, which meant that I got behind and would have to go through piles of bank statements and receipts at the end of the year. I really wish I'd found Bench sooner!

Pros

1. The onboarding process was easy and fast. 2. It's easy to communicate with my account representatives. They are very responsive and friendly and knowledgeable. 3. They pay attention to detail and are very accurate. 4. The reports are comprehensive and easy to read and understand.

Cons

I cannot think of a single thing I don't like. Everything is good.

Yosef from Fusion Inbound LLC

One of the most useful tools I've invested in for my business

Very happy, receptive to my requests and questions and the user interface is very intuitive and easy to use.

Pros

As a growing business, this has been a very powerful tool to let me capture revenue and expenses. The combination of a software-based approach with a dedicated account manager has been awesome. Plus, when it came to tax-season, Bench did much of the heavy lifting for me, saving me **hours** that I used to spend on tax prep.

Cons

There seems to be a fair amount of churn when it comes to account managers.

Sam Ramirez from Bradans World Media

Good service for small business

ench is a solid bookkeeping service for a small business. It's affordable and the online tools to add expenses and analyze data are decent. My one area for improvement is that I wish Bench offered more human customer service support, even if it's a basic level of accounting I got help in uploading data and having a review done. But I could have used some more help with fully understanding my balance sheets. Overall. Bench is great value for your money and is recommended highly for small businesses in need of book keeping services.

Pros

Easy to use. Friendly customer service. affordable.

Cons

Would have liked more human assistance even with a basic account

Victoria from Edwards Law PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

great service for the price

Great simple accounting service for the price.

Pros

I really liked the responsiveness of my team, and the ease of reviewing my account each month. during our monthly call, which is included with the monthly service fee.

Cons

The only con is that you have to pay more, the more accounts you add, which was not a problem for me initially, but would have been if I added another account in the future.

Response from Bench

Replied October 2017

Hi Victoria - Thank you for the review! We're so glad to hear we've been able to help make bookkeeping easy for you. I'll be sure to pass this along to Tammy and the rest of your team. - SP

Jakob from ArmaHosts LLC

Industry: Computer Networking

Simple and Easy

It was easy, we had them do a whole year of books at once. It took a little longer then originally quoted but they did a solid job and had good contact. No complaints at all.

Pros

I like that they do everything, its easy. You send them the info and they get it all ready. The team is friendly and provides good support.

Cons

A couple features that would be nice include being able to send ACH payments from the software. Also they live look at your accounts is seperate from the book-keeping, small non-issue.

Jonathan from Bello Industries LLC

Very happy with their service

Pros

They take care of everything for your Bookkeeping needs.

Cons

I been using this service for 2 years now and I am very happy. I will continue to use them.

Michelle from The Suitcase Studio

Industry: Photography

simple online bookkeeping for small businesses or solopreneurs

I run my own business, and am NOT great with the numbers side of things. Bench handles my "books" for me, so I can easily keep track of all business expenses and profits so I can make sure things are on track. And this kind of record keeping helps streamline things in a BIG way when it's time to pay taxes.

Pros

It's hands-off accounting for those who want to outsource, so they can get back to actually running their BUSINESS. And I like that there are actual PEOPLE taking care of me. I can reach out with any questions I have and get answers QUICKLY. And the team is able to easily get in touch with ME with any questions they come across, too. The messaging system is incredibly easy to use, and a great way to keep track of conversations. And while there IS a learning curve to this software, I like that the team actually schedules a walk-through to show you HOW to use it, rahter than leaving you to do it on your own.

Cons

Some bank accounts won't automatically sync (smaller banks or credit unions?), so there is still a bit of time needed on my end to download a report from my account and upload it to the Bench system. But it doesn't take that long to do, so it's really not that big of a deal.

Best overall experience

Pros

This is the most efficient book keeping experience out there. They are totally consumer oriented, meaning they have a team of agents always waiting to assist you with every detail.

Cons

I have to say that just the basic setup is my least favorite task of the Bench experience. But I honestly can tell you that gathering and submitting my bank statements to them was the hardest thing I had to do. Even though this was done in less than 15 min....