• Pros

• "I liked everything about the software it's user-friendly, it has all the choices in the palm of your hands, you can do it all with this software, it makes it easy to do reports."

• "Ease of working and user friendly, good support"

• "The program is user-friendly and free, with many features and tools suitable for small businesses"

• Cons

• "Some more reports may be helpful but at the moment we export to excel and can get what we want."

• "Inventory management, POS, payroll, subaccount report"

• "export to json/xls and should be more keybord friendly"

Browse Manager Reviews

Chris from Noo Solutions, Inc.

Great alternative to the big guys

Manager saved me from going crazy using one of the big, cloud-based accounting packages. I get much more flexibility, better performance and better support, all while paying NOTHING so far. I would strongly encourage any SMB to take a look at Manager for their accounting needs.

Pros

What's not to love about FREE accounting software?? Yes, that's right...the basic desktop version is free, forever. Now, that means you don't get fancy cloud backups (but you can save your files on OneDrive, DropBox, Google Drive and such) nor do you get multiple user concurrent access. For those, you need to pay. But that's it! No other limitations. All features available to free users. Manager's strength is in the flexibility of setting up the chart of accounts. Unlike other similar software, there are virtually no restrictions on how you set up your accounts. The user interface is spartan, but easy to use. There are many modules which can be turned on or off to meet your needs. This helps keep your accounts and your software experience uncluttered. You can set up multiple business if desired, and each can be configured with unique sets of features as needed. Lastly, the authors update this program ALL THE TIME, like several times a month new features are added and bugs squashed. When using desktop or server versions, you can choose if and when to upgrade....the cloud version updates automatically.

Cons

The importing of transactions from banks is very fragile. You basically must decide to either enter ALL your transactions by hand, or NONE of them. If you try to enter most transactions and then import your bank file to catch any you missed, you are very likely to end up duplicating transactions. No Bueno! Reporting is quite limited and the custom reports feature is quite mysterious and not thoroughly documented.

Molefi Abel from PMDEConstraction

complexity of butane's

I spend less time making invoices than I would on the other apps I have used before, accounting problems solved in a jefe, if you have any problem the is help for you in the system. it's a 10 it does perform better than the ones I have used before and with it working the way it does one has no risen to sick another.

Pros

Cons

except for only, I should be able to write the name of my customer as I do the Order or Invoice, now for every new client, I must add them fist as a Customer. Custom Fields. it's another one of those things I don't get why must you add a field outside of it and then go back to it for editing, adding or editing a tag on a field should not be hard.

Reasons for Choosing Manager

less complicated

Selemani from Taashi Consulting Limited

Manager is Simple But Powerful Accounting Package

I am using for our consulting company business accounts, using it for our customers some international companies and it fit any type of businesses. general it is a very good package.

Pros

Simplicity in designing business accounts, one page interface that accommodate all entities accounts and flexibility in designing business accounts from setting chart of accounts, customisation of forms, generation of customs reports, managing foreign currencies and keeping long records.

Cons

Need to add second level tracking feature. For example Departmental Level should have feature to break it down to Sections.

October 2014

Roger from Pink Elephant Brewery

October 2014

Manager Accounting Free Software

Easy to use and intuitive. Much simpler than others I've tried. Has the odd glitch but Lubos is onto it and willing to implement suggestions. give it a try.

John from Rivercrest Executive Group LLC

Fantastic Accounting Software

I use it for all of my accounting functions.

Pros

Straight forward cash based accounting features that meet all of my needs of a solopreneur.

Cons

No integration to my online tax program.

Reasons for Choosing Manager

Cheaper and better suited to my needs.

mohd from Self Employed

Great program

Pros

Cons

The program contains one negative and is considered the main is not to evaluate the stock and determine the cost ideally to obtain the evaluation of the ideal combination of price volatility must be used policy first come first. Greetings to you I advise in the event of non-volatile prices in your country

Norman from Apparel & Fashion

Great tool, depending on your needs

Excellent. Happy enough that i'm taking some time to write a review

Pros

Proper accounting software, with debits and credits. Keeps getting better. Good reporting tools and export. Easy to use once you have the basic. No cost for desktop version.

Cons

Web version seems a bit expensive. Proper accounting functionality is not what everyone wants, especially in small business.(meaning debits and credits)

Edward from Shalom Precsion Engineering

Excellent Software

All accounts maintained in Manager

Pros

Ease of working and user friendly, good support

Cons

Credit / debit note can be improved, In some of the cases , customer as for debit notes which is not available in Manager

metin from Lucida International

Manager by manager.io Review

I'm very happy about Manager program and for sure I will continue to use it.

Pros

The software is free to use and it's very user friendly. Even I'm not an expert about accounting, I can use this program easily and do all the things like invoicing, accounting, statements, balance sheets.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about this software so far. They keep updating the program so I'm happy about it.

Khaled from RootsTours

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Very cool and simple

Pros

easy and simple Very practical Many options

Cons

There is no system checks Account labels cannot be changed

Peter from ME Sound

Logical and Just Works - never a hiccup

I use it to invoice and track payments for both my business, also my rental property and also my community organisation. What makes even the free Desktop version amazing is that you can run multiple businesses and that it is instant to change from one to the other. When I think of something for the other business - just one click and I am there and another to get back to what I was doing - most software of this kind requires - saving, closing and or multiple clicks to do the same things.

Pros

It is hard to overlook that it is Free (and fully featured), but what does it most for me is the support - no matter what kind of question you have - if you ask and don't get an immediate answer by one of the forum members (active users of the software) the Software Author will provide the solution or method. It has awesome tutorials in video and printed formats - so when you wonder how to achieve something - there is a link at the bottom of the page take you directly to a context relevant area. Manager can be used for all manner of industries and is highly configurable - not something I have seen very often (regardless of price) - It has way more power and functionality than I will ever use - but that does not make it more complex than a simpler program. There are many smaller conveniences that don't seem as ground breaking but you really appreciate them when you need them or want them - one is awesome security and runs on Linux (and here is the amazing little feature) it can and suggests you keep your data on Dropbox or similar - so when your software (OS)or computer dies, everything is in multiple places and is synced with out any special actions on your part. The data files are really small - and the software flies - never have to wait for any processes.

Cons

That it is not commonly listed in current Linux repos for some attractive Linux software - e.g. Solus - I will only choose a Linux distro if it supports Manager natively - it is the only and most important application in my life.

John from Organization For Livelihood Enhancement Services (OLIVES)

Awesome Accounting Software

We have replaced Quickbooks with Manager Desktop (Single User) which has served as better and saved us money.

Pros

The Banking Dashboard in Manager makes it very easy to manage banking transactions . The bank reconciliation tool is the best I have ever seen. It has custom field feature and custom fields can be set to appear as column in tables on documents. It is light weight despite it many features and opens and closes very fast, it takes up very small system resources. The search tool makes it very easy to find transactions. It has reports which are not present in many popular paid accounting software. Has AR, AP, GL, Payroll, Fixed and Intangible Asset Management, expense claims, inventory management etc. Manager has a lot of customising features so you can make your documents look exactly how you want. Finally the Desktop (single User) is totally free and comes with all the features the server and cloud versions have.

Cons

The server version needs some minor improvement in Audit trail and User Access levels.

Hennie from Administratie & Belastingadviesburo Le Duc

Professional accounting software for free

I run a small accounting office and I use Manager.io for all my customers and it is still great to work with this software

Pros

Manager.io is very solid. It never crashes and it is very flexible in a way that you can print reports from any date till any date. It is for instance, very easy to drill down to the basic-entry. Also the functionality is great. It is however very important that, if you are unexperienced with accounting software, you ask someone with experience to help you setting up the system. It saves a lot of time at a later stage. So take time to read the guides This is just a general remark and warning for everybody new. The advantage of Manager.io is that you can fairly easy correct your mistakes.

Cons

There are hardly any cons. The creation of own reports is only possible via exporting data to a spreadsheet.

Jose from 9 Mile Steel LLC

Excellent for small business

I have a small engineering related service business, I barely know anything about accounting, but this software makes it really easy to understand and keep track of the financial situation of my business at any moment. I can generate and track Invoices, quotes, bank statements; everything combined in a simple way. Very customizable. The way to input transactions is really intuitive for a non-accounting person. Free version is fully functional.

Pros

Easy to use accounting software for someone that doesn' t know much about accounting. And best of all, the free version is fully functional.

Cons

From my point of view, it's excellent.

Norman from Friends of the Manning Regional Art Gallery Inc

Great accounting app

An extremely positive experience for me.

Pros

I'm a novice small business bookkeeper without formal training. I've used Quickbooks/Quicken and Manager is miles ahead for what I want. It has a simple, uncluttered interface, pages/forms are simple to complete, the pre-configured reports are well-designed, and it uses very few system resources so it's quick to open, use and close. The Manager Forum is a fantastic resource and although I have no programming background, I've customised some themes successfully.

Cons

There is nothing I've found that I dislike or that I find frustrating.

Manager Software

Awesome

Pros

Easy to Download, setup and use. Really a simple and easy to use program. I recommend it to most of my clients. Data files are easy to copy and use. Back-ups are quick and error free. Importing and exporting to excel is also quick and easy. I love the fact that I can customize Manager to fit my needs. All round awesome program. "Keeping it Simple" is my company motto and Manager is just that.

Cons

I haven't found any yet, Manager is updated and improved all the time. They listen to their users and adjust accordingly.

Manager has made it easy

I've been using Manager for more than 3 years and it is a perfect software solution for small businesses.

Pros

It's user friendly Perfect for my kind of business Have found solutions for all my queries in their forum itself.

Cons

To be honest I am absolutely satisfied and do not have any issues.

Justin from J F T Heat Burners Manufacturing

Industry: Chemicals

A Perfectly Growing Software

As a manufacturing firm, this software caters to all my needs, from production orders to inventory management to taxation.

Pros

A very simple and user friendly software. With a very good team of moderators who help out on all issues where users are stuck, be it small or complicated.

Cons

The coding to create different templates and custom reports is something that can be improved and I understand is under development to make it more user friendly.

dickson from university of zimbabwe

Manager review

has been very easy to use and follow and making business transaction very easy. you can easily customise it to a language being used in your country to suit your business. I LIKED most its non limit to usage and time. you can also work offline meaning that you are not affected with internet, power losses.

Pros

free of charge when using this software and a small startup business may not need someone to do its books in the inception year as manager can take care, but accountant maybe be needed in the following year of operation.

Cons

for the period i used it, i havent come accross any challenges that i did not like as most of the tasks i intended to do were all seemless

Gaurav from Neelam Book Store

Ease Of Use

Its One of the Best Software to use

Pros

The best thing is that you can learn this software within a Day or even less, Its Simple and easy to lear and use and it adapts according to usage

Cons

Some features missing like, serial number by default, No Total of items sold

Prashant from Al Noor Al Satee Marine Services

Industry: Maritime

Review of Manager IO

I have been using Manager.io since the establishment of my business in 2015 and recommended to all my acquaintances. The was and simplicity is the underlying factor in continued usage

Pros

The ease and simplicity of the software.

Cons

Nothing till now. I like all the features of the software.

Ramiz from MobileMagic

Best accounting in the world

Its very accurate and portable if you have letest beckup in your pandrive you can open your all data into your prasnal leptop only with one pandrive. In backup fill all data all invoices all cn dn shown in.

Pros

1. Data sync and reports creation is very fast and accurate. 2. Backup option is very fast and easy. 3.PDF ganrator and Email sender is very fast. Each and evry mail and pdf create very fast. 4.gst byfucation and tax recollection very accurate then other systems. 5.its can be work without interent as well as on cloud its good for all types of users 6.Customise as per your need. Like use diffrents sales invoice theam and much more. 7. Its very good for big bisiness as vell as small if you need multi user go for server or cloud.

Cons

1.imei vice or serial no vice inventory managment is not possibal. Ex you having one item with qty of 50 and all heving uniq serial no. You cannot consume stock with serial no.

Pieter from Anti Hijacking Pepper Spray

Industry: Machinery

Manager book keeping

Having a problem get solved in their Forum very quick. Lubos is very professional and help and listen a lot.

Pros

One of the easiest software to use and it is free.

Cons

No real dislikes at all. You get help so quick.

Jan from Uto Farm Ltd.

Industry: Farming

A lifesaver!

This is very easy to use for the untrained bookkeeper. Most issues arise with bookkeeping conventions, and NOT with the programme. That said, I succeeded in using this software myself for tax and management reports.

Pros

Easy layout. Modular setup. Fully customisable chart of accounts. Easy editing - fast location of entry errors. Fully functional for small and medium sized business. I like the fact that the desktop version does NOT require internet access.

Cons

Some work still is required for custom reporting and forecasting.

Rajeev from NEO Global

Industry: Import and Export

Pros

Its adaptable for almost any type company. Easy to understand the concept.

Cons

I don't find any negative points while using this software.

zuri from ZuriXpress Training and Projects.

amazing software

its amazing, no stress, no worries, and very smart app, I have been using it for the last three years. No problems at all, whats beautiful is that you dont need internet.

Abdulbari from accounting

Manager Worth of Money

manager is a multi software, where you can build your business with its feature.

Pros

Easy to use, flexibility, you can open more than one business in same program, features, customer service, regular improvement.

Cons

Inventory management, POS, payroll, subaccount report

Maria from DIMARVIN

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Good and easy

I can have an excellent picture of my business in a daily basis. The reporting system provides me periodical reviews the way i want them.

Pros

Free, easy to learn, easy to use, and very flexible.

Cons

It works in a single Window, i would like to have simultaneous view of multiple windows.

Daniel Amankwa from Community Links LTD

Manager Software is Awesome

I have been able to prepare pay slips and done a proper tax record keeping and reports for tax returns and management decisions. I have also been able to do proper bookkeeping on MOST of my business financial transactions and processes.

Pros

It is easy to learn it's usage and it has a simple user interface and approach to book keeping.

Cons

The fact that there are still some vital improvements to be done to the software.

lamin from the Gambia OIC secretariat

Manager is the Best

my employer was looking for an accounting software then, I came across manager. I realize that manager have all the features we want. whenever I a problem I get support on the manager forum

Pros

user friendly, easy to use and it has all the features that we need.

Cons

The bank reconciliation is not reconciling, but am reading the user guides and also trying to get support on the manager forum.

Ton from Ton Rijsdijk

Industry: Photography

Very well built, unbelievable that this is free

I've been using Manager for several years now for all my business finances and it has never given me any problem that couldn't be solved.

Pros

Customizable if needed, but very well built out of the box; Fantastic support in forum.

Cons

Customization of design of invoices not as simple as could be.

Junjie from Due Pte. Ltd.

Simple and effective accounting software for small businesses

Pros

I like that Manager provides a (free) desktop edition of its accounting software for the Mac. At a time where most accounting software are going on the cloud, which can be slow waiting for things to load, Manager's desktop edition is like a breath of fresh air where you can just key in what you need quickly without waiting. If you need to key in lots of entries, these waiting time really adds up.

Cons

The software is not optimized to resize its content to fit the window size. I run a 4K monitor and usually run apps side by side. When the software takes up half the screen on a 4K monitor, its content does not scale/reflow to fit properly, resulting in some horizontal scrolling.

Best accounting app

Pros

I'm not an accountant but I work as book keeper to my business. This software helps me so much to understand and learning about accounting.

Cons

The details and the simplicity. It's friendly user.

Shaun D from Equip Your Kitchen 4 Less

Really good option for the "cost sensitive".

It seems to do the trick for "basic" accounting and the "free for life" version is plenty however for mobile needs a month package or "Cloud" is great however automatic payroll function could be the killer.

Pros

If you're familiar with QBO it's rather simple to use. Slight nuances however their online tutorial is rather easy and laid out by sections so you can quickly find your answers. We started with the Desktop edition however quickly transitioned to the Cloud version which has a small monthly cost but Cloud it better for people always on the move. AR, AP, Tax etc are all really easy to navigate and the "unlimited" client feature as well as inventory tracking, both physical and virtual is very helpful!

Cons

Still trying to figure out the Payroll function and we've put in a ticket. At face value it looks like we have to manually write a check versus payroll automatically being pulled from the specified account via ACH.

Amir from Amico Total Solutions

Industry: Computer Hardware

good software

free for lifetime and regular improvements ,easy to use ,happy

Pros

easy interface, user friendly, tax calculations

Cons

export to json/xls and should be more keybord friendly

BENARD from BENNYMAH SERVICES

good

it is very friendly and it is reliable

Pros

it manages stocks and reports very clearly

Cons

the security is poor, no passwords requied

aqeel from godil fabrics

Industry: Textiles

excellent

overall good

Pros

easy to use and to understand the details

Cons

GST should be added to this software as per Indian rules

Mark from Designing

Great software for our not for profit organisation

Pros

This software is rich with features, easy to install and setup and very intuitive to use. Everything works, it seems to be a stable platform. Our administration workers, who up to now just used books, have really adopted Manager as their way of doing things. We are using most of the features, it has made our jobs easier and more effective.

Cons

Needs improvement on fixed asset and intangible asset module

Pros

Very easy to setup and to implement, Creates meaningful reports

Cons

There is no automatic depreciation on fixed assets, There is no automatic amortization on intangible assets

September 2016

Derinda from Personal

September 2016

Bookkeeper

I have been using this product for a few months now. Until now I have not had any problems. I tried to back up my data then the program shut down on me. Otherwise very easy to use. I hope I can get the back up to work because if I need to restore my data at any time then it is very useful. I am using the desktop system.

Pros

Very easy to use. You can pick which items you need. I do not sell anything, I use this program for personal use to do my taxes.

Cons

A glitch with the back up.

Paul from Footprint Podiatry

Goodbye MYOB

We have been with MYOB for over 25 years. Being a small business we couldn't afford there over priced subscription costs that they now push. I found Manager.io and haven't looked back. I would gladly pay the once of fee for the server version if STP and EMDUPE files are included.

Pros

Looks good, Easy to use and flexible ........ and the desk top version is free !!!

Cons

So far can't create an EMDUPE file to up load to the Tax Office or handle Single Touch Payroll. (Australia)

Jose from Universidad de Costa Rica

Accounting

I am working on that on this month.

Pros

1) Entry Journal. It would be better if any field reminds what i wrote before.

Cons

I didn't find a Journal Entry Report and Comparative Report of Expenses.

Yousef from Shortheel.com

very good

The options are many and useful as needed

Pros

Easy to use Accessibility Very fast Customize the program as you want

Cons

Calligraphy in Arabic is very small in the program Do not control the type and size of the program font and not the invoice There is no login protection for a single user and anyone can open the program

Benjamin from Universiteit Antwerpen

Great free software

Pros

It work perfectly, has all the advanced features for accounting a small to medium business and it's free.

Cons

Not enough options for invoice layout and custom fields.

Janine from Brian Harm Tiling

Amazing

I find it very easy to understand and use.

Pros

Ease of use, great support The guides are very helpful

Cons

Nothing at all to not like. It is also good to be able to use when not online

jahed from Jahed Agro Feed & Farm

Industry: Farming

Very well

Pros

Need More Details future opposition at this time .

Cons

yes But I have need pos system Tipe this one

Nayab from V7 Vision

Manager a Good solution

Amazing. Have already recommended to two more companies.

Pros

Simple to understand and easy to use. Self-explanatory and can be used by those who are not accountants, like myself.

Cons

Nothing as all the features are good. Multiuser and desktop version combined could be amazing.

Samuel from Botswana Geoscience Institute

Industry: Investment Management

Excellent Choice

It's an excellent application/system that makes easier for consolidated reports for our group of companies and its subsidiaries.

Pros

As you go through the application, each screen/page will have a guide to assist . In addition the learning curve is smooth, I migrated smoothly from another accounting system.

Cons

The disadvantage other than having an offline (PDF) version of the Guides (manual) is you need to be connected to the internet. In addition, the Forum does provides a little help in searching the topics i.e. the search should be similar to Google Search function.

Duncan from Broad Peak Infrastructure Development Ltd

Excellent App for an upstart

My day to day accounting for my business

Pros

Its free!!! Its relatively easy to use and understand

Cons

GUI not engaging for me. It requires a bit for looking around to get to the help area

Khaled from RootsTours

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Good Idea and very fast

Pros

Simple and easy Many options are organized

Cons

Free version only for one person Inability to enter or manage checks There is no sync on more than one device