• Pros

• "Easy to use and very user friendly. Customer support is always fast and has a solution to most any problem I through their way."

• "The software is user friendly. Easy to re-set up our company. Like the on-line look from the customer's point of view. It's easy to complete."

• "I love the simplicity of ZipBooks and that it doesn't require a software installation. It has all the features I need to run my business without having to pay or wade through features I don't need."

• Cons

• "The mobile applications can use some work. The iOS application is pretty buggy, but accessed through the web, it is pretty flawless."

• "It's relatively ordinary which is why we didn't go with it but that doesn't make it a bad software. It's best for small business."

• "The fact that I can't mark an invoice as paid from the list view. I don't like the extra step of clicking through to the individual invoice. But, it's a minor inconvenience."

Browse ZipBooks Reviews

Caitlin from AMAZING MARKETING LTD

I'm a ZipBooks Fangirl! I've tried several accounting options & they provide the best value!

I've been able to spend less time on my accounting. I don't have to create reports, ZipBooks does it all based on my chart of accounts and other information. The customer service is super fantastic and supportive. The help files are well written, concise and easy to understand. The cost is low and the tiered pricing system is really fair. I can connect multiple accounts and add staff to my account. I can use time tracking, set up automatic invoices, pre-set items and tasks, add documents, just to name a few! My personal account is turned into a profile which is hosted on their system. My clients can leave reviews and potential clients can find and contact me.

Pros

Beside the cost (I'm on the pro version and it's still cheaper than the basic version of Xero and others), it automatically creates all the reports I need and shows them in a way that means I don't need an accounting degree! So my general ledger, my profit and loss statements - it's all there for me! Everything is so simple to use that I spent the first couple of weeks overthinking the whole thing - because it can't be that simple right?! The layout is so easy to navigate, the chart of accounts is simple to understand, and when I need a hand (I've managed to mess things up in my ignorance of double entry accounting) the customer support team are right there and get my problem sorted so quickly!

Cons

My biggest con is that it's really USA-centric. I'm not in the States so I can't connect my bank account to the system so I have to manually import my statements. For me, it's well worth the effort because the system saves me time and stress in so many other ways. Also I'm a sole trader so I don't have many accounts to sort out. I can imagine it would be different for someone with a bigger company or more regular turnover.

User-friendly software underpinned by prompt, professional support

Our overall experience has been positive. Thus far, we have not encountered any problems.

Pros

1.The software is easier to use than it even appears. This makes it simpler for non-finance people who may find themselves required to attend to such matters e.g. Start-ups, local SME's and EME's etc. 2. The support team are atypically, prompt and efficient. In our experience with online support from other service providers, there is more often than not a delay in responding, be it short or long. In some instances, the support staff have not had the expertise to offer guidance or solve elementary problems. The ZipBooks team is impressively swift and knowledgeable.

Cons

Initially, it appeared that functions such as customer month end statements and a few others could not be generated. After one or two chats with online support and the discovery of the numerous, yet concise, online documents, I realised that such functions are, indeed, included. Not only that, but also that the majority of questions are very likely covered and one can solve one's own queries if one looks for the relevant document. Perhaps it would be useful to users if this was highlighted or flagged and doing so may reduce the enquiries that your online support team have to attend to.

Reasons for Choosing ZipBooks

Functionality, user friendliness, ability to customise to our requirements.

Response from ZipBooks

Replied September 2019

Thanks so much--happy to help!

Susan from BarkAID

ZipBooks - Perfect for a Hobby turned Small Business!

The ZipBooks staff have been very responsive and willing to help. The software is free to use, however, there is a $1.25 charge per Paypal transaction when a customer pays via ZipBooks invoice. It provides basic accounting features that would work well for a person who is turning their hobby into a small business or a small contract business. If you are new to accounting, ZipBooks is perfect. If you are accustomed to accounting software, then this free software isn't for you. It doesn't yet have dynamic reporting features, ie no balance sheet or clickable fields to expand a data field on the Income Statement. If your business is small and you are going to keep it that way, ZipBooks is perfect. If your business is thriving and growing, invest in paid software as you'll quickly grow out of ZipBooks. That said, I'm told they have changes in the works so maybe this won't hold true in the near future.

Pros

Easy to use for someone with no accounting knowledge. Perfect for an MLM or hobby turned business. I love, love, love that their customer service is responsive.

Cons

The reporting features are seriously lacking. No balance statement, COG's are lumped together on the Income Statement, no division of income sources and no field on the Income Statement is clickable for a detailed report. Invoice and Expense pages are long with one arrow to the next page on the top and when editing an invoice or expense and saving, you are brought to the "1-50" page instead of the current page you were working on.

The best app a small business owner could use

Highly recommend – beautiful, easy to use, full-featured, and more affordable than any of its nearest competitors.

Pros

ZipBooks is the most affordable, feature rich accounting software I've ever used. It allows me to accomplish everything I need, from sending expenses, to tracking time and expenses, to invoicing. I've used other software and it either didn't include time tracking or it was too expensive for my small business. Their web app is also incredibly easy to use and is design very well. It's all organized in a way that makes sense and the charts/reports are beautiful.

Cons

The biggest issue I have with ZipBooks is their mobile app. I'm running it on my iPhone and it seems like it's just a web-app published in a shell, storing no local information. It's difficult to track time or send invoices that haven't been saved as a draft. Sent invoices also display in reverse order – with the cache clearing every time I open the app. If they built a full-featured, native app I think ZipBooks would be perfect.

Time tracking

CJ from CJ South Photography LLC

Industry: Photography

Not perfect, but constantly improving and Customer Support is the best with super fast replys!

Pros

I run a photography+subcontractor business. I've been with Zipbooks since before they started charging a fee (switched from freshbooks) and let me tell you, there were definitely some major growing pains. The good new is that they listened to the customers and would always solve problems quickly. The gap between Zipbooks and Quickbooks/Freshbooks/etc.. used to be cavernous, but that gap is almost unnoticeable now. The interface is ridiculously easy to understand and flows really well. It's the best user interface experience I've had for accounting software. Costumer service has been nothing short of impressive. I'm an accounting/bookkeeping newb and the customer support has basically trained me how to do my own accounting. They have this great chat button that's always in the bottom right corner so you can easily ask questions and get answers like if you were chatting with a friend on facebook messenger. The company has a long way to go to being the best, but they certainly have the chops for it! I would high

Andrea from Wildharted Designs

Simple bookkeeping for businesses

I've been using this for about the last year and started when it was free to use. For what it was then and for as simple as it is, it serves my needs at the moment but it's a little difficult to use with my workflow so I feel like I'll probably outgrow it at some point. I do primarily project based work, tracking time and billing hourly. I don't sell anything through an inventory but will add expenses to an invoice. This software works great for that though it would probably work for something with a light inventory or commonly used services as well. Overall, it's a good value and worth testing out but it may not work as well for every business model.

Pros

Add expenses, track time, create projects, create tasks within projects, print out accounting reports, send invoices and receive payments in app, recurring invoicing available, ability to set up reminders automatically

Cons

Visually clean but not as streamlined to use. Projects can't be created on the fly in the time tracking app, but have to be created ahead of time. Still quick to do but it's an extra step. Same for tasks within projects. They must be created ahead of time too, though each project automatically creates a General task. Invoice design is simple and clean but there's not much that can be customized beyond the logo.

Joan from Flat Black Commercial Visuals

Small Business Review

Pros

Cons

I wish there was a way to export a formatted excel spreadsheet of reports or be able to print to a PDF (single-page) easier.

Roy from Information Technology and Services

It's FREE!!!

Being looking for this type of cloud system for sometimes, i'm so excited when i found this product and it was free to use. It automate a lot of things and i dont have to worry about loosing date anymore =)

Pros

I'm using the free version, it's good enough for me to track my profit or loss. The invoice section is very good as well, just enter the blanks and it's all auto. The best part is the support, because i am getting full support although i am using the free version.

Cons

Should consider to give us more access in the Income Statement report. The Income statement report is more than enough for my operation, sometime just wish i can click on the amount and it will show me the details. But this feature only available in paid version. I am still waiting for the Android version to be release, then i can easily snap and store my suppliers invoices and receipts.

Response from ZipBooks

Replied August 2019

Thanks so much Roy!

Leigh from Self-employed

Great Customer Service

For small business, it's perfect.

Pros

Cons

I do find it a bit frustrating that I cannot find out WHEN my deposits are estimated to hit my bank. It's either that it doesn't exist in the software, or that it's difficult, even for a daily user, to find it in the menu system.

Jason from Info Allies

Industry: Information Services

Solid solution with great customer care

I can’t imagine doing my billing without it. It’s easy to use, it has great functionality, and in the rare occasion I have problems, the support team is on point and engaged with a great attitude and ownership of the problem. Excellent job!!

Pros

It’s very easy to use with minimal issues.

Cons

10 day turn around on payment of invoices

Diego from Siam Tek Web Design Group

I love ZipBooks! Easy to use, beautiful invoices, and a solid time tracker

Saved time, beautiful invoices, reliable and integrated time tracker

Pros

I love the fact that I can set up and send an invoice in a few minutes, pulling in existing products and services (complete with description). The addition of a time tracker was unexpected and very appreciated! I use it to keep track of the hours spent on certain projects with those clients that prefer hourly payment over per-project pricing. ZipBooks also allows for past hours tracked that are unpaid to be automagically pulled into a new or an existing invoice, making it super simple to make sure everything is included in an invoice before sendoff. The invoices are simple, clean, beautiful and there is an "include PDF" option when sending out the invoice to clients (for those that prefer to print out and save their invoices). The customer support is phenomenal -- the support staff is friendly and helpful.

Cons

It's still a relatively new software, and I was one of the early adopters, so there were a few minor bugs and quirks in the past. The good thing is, most of the bugs are squashed, and the roadmap for the future of the app looks very bright!

Response from ZipBooks

Replied August 2017

Thanks for the great review, Diego. Glad you stuck it out with us!

Jack from Jack & Bean

A great invoicing and accounting solution for small agencies and freelancers

A highly functional and easy-to-use platform for client invoicing and accounting.

Pros

Zipbooks is a phenomenal tool for invoicing and billing clients. As a digital agency, our team does all of our estimating, invoicing, billing, time tracking and accounting through Zipbooks, and it's been a great experience. The platform has seen continuous improvement throughout 2017 and 2018, so I have a lot of confidence that we'll continue to run our business through Zipbooks.

Cons

The slick interface comes to be a burden when reconciling transactions - if you're not an accountant by trade, it can be easy to make a mistake and have difficulty correcting it due to the streamlined presentation. After struggling with this, I've been able to refine my reporting process to work well with Zipbooks. The project management tool/time tracking was a bit weak but it is getting better and I'm happy to see the service improve. I would also like to see support for signing contracts/agreements for related invoices.

Mike from Michael Woodburne Technology, LLC

Great software with outstanding technical support

Pros

The software itself is fairly straightforward and easy to use, although for someone who doesn't know accounting that well it sometimes can be slightly confusing. What is really great though is that their support team is very knowledgeable and can not only help solve technical issues but can also help explain what their software means to you from an accounting standpoint. Invoicing is simple and easy to use, integration to bank and credit card accounts continues to improve, and they continue to enhance the set of reports available to help you understand how your business is doing.

Cons

It's fairly minor stuff - the graph on the main page of the application assumes you are using accrual basis accounting, and that ends up misrepresenting the numbers you see if you are using cash basis accounting. I also don't like that I can define that my business uses cash basis but the reports always default to accrual. It would be nice to understand how the business health score is calculated, as mine continues to decrease despite the fact that I thought my business was continuing to improve.

John from Computer Software

Great app for small business and freelancers accounting and bookkeeping

Pros

I have been using Zipbooks since last year and I have enjoyed the ease of use. They clean interface is very appealing. Have basic project management with tasks. My most used feature is invoicing which takes away my need to send invoices via email. Expense tracking is also on point. So far I'm using Zipbooks as my default bookkeeping software. They were kind enough to extend a forever plan being an early adopter. Support team is very responsive.

Cons

Project management is very basic. I had to do a lot of manual work merging repeating transactions when I connected PayPal account and bank account since PayPal was pulling money from the bank. It would be nice to have a system that detects duplicate transactions. Changing a transaction that is attached to a paid invoice turned the invoice to draft even if the invoice was marked as paid.

Response from ZipBooks

Replied August 2017

John, Glad you are loving ZipBooks. Also, thanks for the feedback on things we can improve!

Derek from Design Café

Simply Amazing

ZipBooks is the perfect bookkeeping solution for my small business! It allows me to add client details, business expenses and payments received from clients. There is also a great quotation feature built into the app that includes project management and time tracking. Generating an invoice from an existing project or quote only takes a click of a button (how awesome is this?!) and manual invoices can be added too. My favorite feature is the recurring invoices which get sent automatically and even allows me to set payment reminders for those that have not been marked as paid. Believe it or not, these reminders do work! ZipBooks also has great reporting features which shows you your total revenue for the past 12 months, an expense report, income per client, outstanding payments, tax and more. Oh, I forgot to mention, all of this is free! You can also accept payments via the internet but this isn't supported in my country yet. ZipBooks saves me loads hours every month and lots of paper (everything is backed up securely in the cloud), the app and its development/support team definitely add value to my life. Oh yeah, there's also an iPhone app for when I'm on the move or need to generate a quote for a client immediately :-) If you're looking for great bookkeeping software, this is it.

Pros

Recurring invoices, payment reminders, great support, iPhone app, quotation system, easy to use report features, integration with Slack.

Cons

Can only accept internet payments with American banks.

Alex from Apollo Road LLC

Clean, powerful bookkeeping software

ZipBooks is perfect for my small business, though they have options for expansion (payroll, etc.) I have had no major complaints so far and I think the platform is a great option if you're new to bookkeeping or experienced and want an alternative to some of the other major competitors.

Pros

ZipBooks has a very clean interface. All the data is so clear. It's a fast platform and it's easy to navigate. All the backend is there too if you're an experienced bookkeeper looking for flexibility.

Cons

The mobile app has a few bugs that are very obvious. Incorrect account balances and poor sorting of time tracking 'jobs.' Some of these bugs have been ongoing since I signed up, and a few have been fixed. I hope they keep improving the app.

Zipbooks for personal/business accounting

I have used many other book keeping softwares during the past 5-6 years for my personal / business use. But Zip books is the easiest tool among all those solutions. Ease of use, Features, Mobile app view are some of the features that i like the most

Pros

Time Tracking and generate invoices for those times for a particulate project is once of the greatest feature that zip books has. Other than that it would be very cost efficient and also very easy for a business to use this solution for there book keeping. Support team is really quick and helpful on the support queries. This is a all in one solution where you can handle accounts for multiple businesses easily.

Cons

Amount of restrictions that applied during the free tire is higher in count when this is compared with other solutions.

Enrique from Consult My PC

Exceptional value to this cloud-based accounting software. Compared to many other popular solutions

Saved on monthly unnecessary accounting fees using this service and the software fit my small business without having to worry about getting stuck with bells and whistles I didn't need.

Pros

Easy to use, Great Customer Service, Available when you need it, Accounting made easy and management of clients is great. Invoicing is a breeze, even on the fly. Swayed from Wave Accounting for Zipbooks time keeping feature and decided against Quickbooks because of its pricing structure.

Cons

Managing transactions is automated with your linked bank account. But, entering transactions manually is tricky. The user must keep a close eye on transactions so the software reconciles accurately. But, this could be relevant to any accounting software...

Chad from The Studio of Chad Kouri

A wonderful tool. Very intuitive and simple design.

It helps me prep for tax season throughout the year, rather than doing everything right before the deadline. Also, the invoicing is embedded in the software so there is no more cross referencing pdf invoices with bank statements for payout amounts.

Pros

The simple design is the most attractive part of this software to me. So many other accounting programs are not very streamlined and simple, but Zipbooks has been very easy to use, inexpensive and the customer service is very helpful and timely.

Cons

Because I have an untraditional business model without regular payments, the business score and analytics about business health are not very helpful and actually make me feel like my business isn't as strong as it actually is. I'd prefer to turn them off if I could! But that's a very small con. I also wish I could export a list of individual expenses with their category listed but screenshots will do for now!

Ruth from Signs67

I have utilized the on-line customer support as I am not a trained bookkeeper.

The ease of invoices being able to be tracked and simple so all can understand it.

Pros

For this software things I like and appreciate the best is the customer support. I have needed on-line chat several times and they always answer, but goes a step farther in teaching me what I need to know to prevent this mistake from happening again and repeating. I also like how easy it is create an invoice.

Cons

The cons for me or a limited amount reports, lack of export options, and the large difference in categories.

Robin from Floof, LLC

Zipbooks makes it easy for me to manage accounting for my consulting business.

Pros

The user interface is intuitive and easy! I like that I don't have to be an accounting pro to get set up and start invoicing clients. My clients love how easy it is to pay me. They click a couple of buttons and they are done, which means faster payments and more efficient accounting for me!

Cons

Because I don't understand accounting, I had some trouble reconciling some of the charges/credits and couldn't "undo" what I'd done very easily. It's not the most forgiving, however, their customer service was top notch in helping me solve the issue for no additional charges. I thought I'd have to hire someone to fix it, and they gave me free advice to help me fix it myself.

Great for a small business for accounting and invoicing

Pros

Cons

Nothing so far. If my needs expand I can migrate to something more robust.

January 2016

Nawahl from Afristar General Suppliers

January 2016

Simple, Neat and easy to use! Perfect for a small business

It took me all of 5 minutes to figure everything out. At first I was a bit disappointed that the date format could not be set to South African standard, but when I noticed that the date very clearly appeared, printed in full on the finished documents that can get sent/printed out, I think its completely ok. I love that I could easily use my own logo. I love how everything automatically gets tracked. I love that its free! Its been really useful in my small and growing business, to keep track of all my income and expenses without me having to know much about accounting and without having to hire an accountant, on top of keeping all the receipts, written invoices and other transaction docs. It just simplifies life. I guess a complete accounting system is probably necessary when a business gets bigger, but for a small growing business and a newbie entrepreneur, who just needs a simple income statement, Zipbooks is the perfect tool to get one in the game, staying organized, tracking expenditure and income and having automated outputs that allow one to assess where to improve and streamline the business. The messaging system is pretty nice too. The response to queries from the Zipbooks team is quick and clear and quite personalized, which I'm very impressed by. Zipbooks is perfect.

Debbie from CWS

ZipBooks provided simple software and it grew with me - from free to inexpensive.

I started with accounting but now I use it for invoicing and time tracking. I can share with other users as well. Reports are easy to see and simple to use.

Pros

You don't need to be certified to use it! Unlike other accounting options :). It was easy to use, the reports were great and it helped for invoicing, time tracking and accounting.

Cons

They are still growing their integrations to work with other software and solutions so you can't connect with very many apps outside paypal, stripe, and wepay.

Indispensable tool for managing the books of a small to medium business

At tax time, my job is significantly easier!

Pros

ZipBooks makes tax time easy - in the past I struggled to gather all the information needed to file taxes for our small business - after using ZipBooks for the last year, taxes are a breeze and I no longer dread the day(s) spent preparing my tax returns.

Cons

I wish there was a little more on the free tier - they do a lot to make you buy a subscription, which is an understandable business model, but sometimes I wish things like syncing a bank account more than once a day (especially if you have to change your password on the banking website) were included in the free tier.

MICHAEL from Allen and Mike, LLC

Was GREAT, Recently VERY DISAPPOINTED

Easy to use, you just cant get your money

Pros

Easy to use, no frills, perfect for small business. Makes the daily chore of bookkeeping fairly easy.

Cons

CAN"T GET YOUR PAYMENTS!!! this is the second time that my payments are not posting to my account. Customer service is responsive, but point the finger at their processor. that does not get me paid. My customers orders have been delayed because of a ZIPBOOKS issue. I have been waiting for my payments to be released for now in 12 days. This is completely unacceptable. They used to be completely free now they want you to upgrade and pay a monthly fee to use the advanced services, but suddenly can't process payments in a timely manner, or in my case at all. Just something to think about before you start using this service. If you NEED to get paid, might want to find another service.

Intuitive time tracking product that makes billing tracking a basic process

Pros

Nice UI, very easy to use and teach new team members how to track their time per projects. Makes a simple process (project time tracking) a simple task for team members to achieve per week.

Tom from Alkemi Clean

Industry: Facilities Services

Trial did not inspire a buy

None. We used it for a few months when shopping around for the right program, decided "this ain't it", and moved on.

Pros

I do like the user interface of Zipbooks. Some parts of it are certainly easier and more intuitive than QuickBooks, which we ended up going with in the end. The whole thing feels pretty streamlined. I also appreciated the customer support team. Even though I was just on a free trial I did get prompt assistance whenever I asked for it.

Cons

Overall, it just feels like an "also ran", watered down version of it's main competition - QuickBooks. I was only on the free version, so that may change when paying to unlock other features. Furthermore, I hated that when I wanted to export my information to put it into QuickBooks, no such option was available to me. If I understand right there is no way to export data, which is ridiculous. It may be that I'm misremembering and it's just not possible to export without paying, which would also be a problem.

Reasons for Choosing ZipBooks

In the end we chose QuickBooks.

Brian from Performix

Use this app frequently to pass time and to get a nice read!

Pros

Great app! They provide the best reads of the day, week and month. Working in NYC , very convenient to walk into a Barnes n Nobles and get a quick peak of today's best read.

Cons

Best reads are often repeated. On days I actually want to check out what to read and noticing it before is a turn off.

Andrew from Bright Bulb Ideas

ZipBooks isn't what it seems

Overall, if you are an individual looking for a cool interface to keep a general ledger, this is a cool system. It's absolutely NOT a system of businesses. As a small business, I simply can't afford spending hours trying to may a paid system work. In this day, software shouldn't need someone holding it's hand. There are better systems out there and well worth the larger cost. Hopefully this can save someone else from headaches. Move on, you'll be glad you skipped this system.

Pros

A beautiful interface with a clean layout gives you the first impression you are in an elegant accounting program. It also gives you step by step guides to connect banks and the progress of your connections. The ai is smart and will often correctly label your transactions.

Cons

The most major problem is, the software doesn't connect correctly to my Credit Union. It would show a balance of 3-4 past transactions, however have ALL the transactions in there. Working with customer service is annoyingly slow. Response times in my experience have been days and I am a paid member. Along with the responses are silly gifs some people may dig, but when you have a problem, it's downright insulting. After customer service realizing I was on an old system, they had it upgraded and wanted me to re-connect my Credit Union. As a result every transaction was gone! So years of balancing my business was vaporized. Thank god I didn't trust their customer service rep and exported everything prior to doing such a poor suggestion.

Orlando from iBuildWeb.Solutions

Powerful freeware! Easy to understand interface. Fairly easy to use. Very satisfied!

Pros

This software connects with your bank account and automatically syncs transactions and auto-categorizes transactions. I've only been using for a few days, but have not had an issue with the auto-categorization of expenses and revenues. Saves a lot of time. I also like the auto-generated financial statements. Goof feature for free software.

Cons

I did have to brush up on some accounting fundamentals to ensure I am recording transactions correctly. It would be nice if they had some tips/descriptions of different types of transactions and how to properly record them. Was able to figure it all out through Google search though.

Nava from University of tehran

Industry: Biotechnology

Zipbook

Pros

It it enormously usable for the stuff I daily face with

Cons

I see almost no problem in this application

Alessandra from Alessandra Orru

Industry: Research

Anytime i have an issue (usually me not being very technological) i get a professional solution!

Accountancy in order

Pros

It would be crazy not to appreciate it!!! It is of fundamental help for my work. I can create, edit, send, download an invoice from anywhere in the world with just my phone qnd few clicks. I used to have all invoice scattered everywhere in my personal computer, home computer. Now i have everything with me at all time

Cons

Maybe the renovation is too often so what happens is that you can't keep up with it all the time. This is the only thing

Mary from Forward Films

I use for business and personal accounting actually.

Pros

Color coding, clean interface, simple to use so that I actually am able and motivated to keep up with my accounting. Love the option to outsource bookkeeping as I scale. Custom categories are really nice, too. Love ability to add docs to transactions and link transactions to certain clients.

Cons

I don't like that bulk-categorization was removed from free accounts without notice or at least a free trial of the next paid tier account so we could understand whether we should upgrade. I also don't like that there's no cash flow statement at this time under reporting.

Response from ZipBooks

Replied June 2017

Mary, Thanks for the great feedback! We are finalizing the details on providing early ZipBookers exclusive options from free forever to preferred pricing. Regarding the specific feature of bulk categorization, I'll take a look at your account and see why you aren't able to use that. Can you send your account details to help@zipbooks.com? With regards to accessing our cash flow statement, if you set the income statement to "cash basis", you'll be all set! Thanks! Brad

Tracy from Tracy Lindley Voiceovers: The Professional Voice With Personality

I love this user-friendly service!

It makes it easy and fast to get paid--don't we all want that?

Pros

It's easy-to-use and I don't have to read endless tutorials to figure it out. A close second is that it accepts PayPal and credit card payments--my clients love it!

Cons

I think some of the expenses categories are confusing/unnecessary. I would also like to see some customization of expense categories, though this is perhaps something that is offered and I have yet to learn how to do.

Paul from Wilmette Real Estate Mgmnt & Co. llc

Best DIY accounting software

Pros

Zipbooks is the best and easiest accounting software available out there. I know this because I free tried them all. They differentiate themselves bye the ease of use and the app that is above and beyond user-friendly. I have access to all the features that I need even though I'm on the free plan so with the upgrade you can get access to the most powerful features available. I recommend the software strongly to everyone. Paul

Cons

I'm waiting for the Android phone app to be released soon. They are expecting to be released in the beginning of the second quarter of 2018

Janet from URE

Responsive Leadership & Support Team

It has saved us so much time and frustration and they are responsive to customer feedback.

Pros

- Simple, Attractive User Interface. Not difficult to learn or teach staff. Easy for customers to interact with. - Shout out to the support staff who has been stellar at listening and resolving issues.

Cons

Growing company always have hiccups but they are always responsive and willing to listen to customers and fix things ASAP

Annie from Keep It Simple Admin

Awesomesauce!

Pros

Clean, simple user interface. Customer support via Chat is extremely responsive - even on holidays - imagine that. Everything I need; invoicing, time tracking, sending custom receipts for checks and cash, simple P&L reports. Love it! I am recommending this service to all of my clients that have a need.

Cons

Maybe it's just me, being a numbers derelict and all, but some of the features (the things you need to do) are not that easy to find. However on the bright side, if you ask a question, you will usually get a fast straight answer.

Corey from Soundstr

Industry: Music

Zipbooks is a MUST for anyone who is a freelance graphic designer!

Simply, organization for my business and invoicing needs. Excited to demo the time tracking functionality soon too!

Pros

Excellent user interface design and dashboard. Super easy to navigate with a strong attention to the information architecture. Intuitive invoicing software. Amazing customer service!

Cons

5 day waiting period for payments was frustrating at first. Eventually, I was able to learn how to drop this down to a 2 days. Also, some functionality took me a bit to figure out. But customer service was able to answer my questions within a matter of minutes!

Kathleen from Katie Kates Store

No other way to go than ZipBooks - 100% Satisfied!

Bookkeeping service available to me via chat. Wonderful Bookkeepers such as Karin to help me along. Categorization help, ability to have a business report readily available any day. I love this program.

Pros

Extremely easy to use interface. Live chat option with a bookkeeper, preset categorization, help every step of the way, ability to track EVERYTHING about my business.

Cons

No inventory tracking feature. I would love more freedom in setting up my invoices. I need more options because my products vary. Also no intergration with eBay. But I still love the software.

Christopher from innerDEV LLC

ZipBooks gives me a simple, but powerful alternative to QuickBooks Online, at 1/3 the cost

Pros

The interface is very modern, responsive, and easy to navigate. I moved from QuickBooks to ZipBooks due to a recent price increase, and I haven't looked back. It has most of the features from QuickBooks that I needed, plus I actually enjoy working in ZipBooks because the app just works.

Cons

It could allow a bit more invoice customization, like being able to set a NET-15 / NET-30 on a recurring invoice rather than it being due on receipt. Other than that, it's worked pretty well.

Gamechanger for how I do online coaching/consulting.

Streamlined my invoicing system.

Pros

At the end of this day, this has streamlined how I send invoices and receive payments, without having to think about the software. That's a win for me.

Cons

There are some aspects of the UI that feel a bit bloated and unnecessary. Could be streamlined some.

Sarah from smallCon

Pros

Our nonprofit was looking for easy to use software for our accounting. Not only is this easy, it is nice to look at too. And all web based means no more downloads on my computer! Linking a bank account was very easy! The mobile apps help as well. Customer service responded in under 12 hours!!!

Cons

They only have an app for IOS, No Android app yet, however I was informed it will be here late summer! (very excited about that)

Bryan from Uncommon Wealth Partners

Simple, intuitive, customer support responds super quick.

Organizes our billing and record keeping and helps us accept payments faster and on a recurring basis.

Pros

Cheap, clean and easy to use. Customer support is wicked fast. I am blown away about how intuitive the software is. Easy to import lists and accept payments. Looks super professional.

Cons

Would like more short video tutorials and fees always seem high, just need to keep building our revenue through this site and that would seem less.

Diego from A|R Studio

ZipBooks has helped me get organized and look professional. The support is excellent

Pros

ZipBooks is extremely simple to use. It helps with organization of contacts, invoices, drafts, estimates, Billing and it even creates reports. For no cost you can use ZipBooks to get organized and start invoicing clients, even accepting electronic payments and linking bank accounts. The mobile interface is also simple to use and effective, so creating invoices on the go is not a problem.

Great way to keep your accountancy

Pros

Really good tool to help you with the accounting books of startup, you can create online invoices, track time, bills, etc

Cons

It is a very complete software and easy to use, I have no complaints about this software, really it works very good

David from Perfection Roofing

This program locked me out of my account and there is no way to gain access to my account

Pros

Doesn't matter what I liked because the bugs in this system outweigh the good now I am loosing money

Cons

The bugs it is really buggy and things happen that cannot be explained

Catrina from CCS

Great for Feedback!

I've used ZipBooks on and off for less than a year for personal and small business.

Pros

I like ZipBooks feedback functionality - the ease of which you can receive reviews, and how it incorporates the most popular social media.

Cons

I don't like that I can't track inventory. I'll need to have, open and use an additional program for inventory and figure out how to incorporate them.

Great For Basic Scenarios

Pros

Easy to pull reports when I need them. Used to have bookkeepers as well

Cons

Can't easily do deferred revenue, so it's not ideal for SaaS where upfront payments are involved

Response from ZipBooks

Replied August 2019

Thanks for your review!

John from Arts+Sciences Marekting

The perfect set of tools for my tiny agency

I switched to Zipbooks from another accounting platform and was amazed at how simple and well-thought-out it is. And for free! I was able to get set up in less than an hour, and it lacks nothing I need for estimating and invoicing for projects. It's also nice to have the time-tracking and project-tracking functions for the future. Great job, guys!

Pros

Easy to set up and easy to use. Great mobile app. Free!