• Pros

• "Shop-Ware is easy to learn, clean, collaborative, easy for clients to interact with and improves productivity. Love it!!!!"

• "Shop-ware is very intuitive, easy to learn. The customers love the way they can interact with it, approve or decline repairs, post notes etc. Highly recommend!"

• "Really love the availability to communicate with the customer through the system in multiple avenues. The log is a fantastic tool to refer back to as well. "

• Cons

• "If i have to put a con it would be the parts ordering system. (parts tech) It's not terrible but defiantly has bugs."

• "Learning to navigate through some features took some effort in the beginning. However, that’s probably more me and my lack of computer skills than Shop-Ware."

• "Nothing off the top of my head? Although easy contact with customer support can be made and issues can be addressed & resolved quickly. "

Browse Shop-Ware Reviews

Vern from Matt's Automotive Service Center

Vern's Review

Overall anytime there was an issue Support was fantastic to resolve it promptly. When we ask for new features our opinion is taking seriously and they seem to come to life. For multi-shop web based programs available, Shop- Ware is fantastic.

Pros

I love the fact that the customer can approve the work if they are unable to speak on the phone. I like the user friendliness of the program that allows for easy training. I like the fact that we can communicate easily with the customer. I also like that there is a record of everything. The log feature really helps hold my team accountable when it comes to issues with use or customers. I like that just about everything in the program is customize-able. I like the abilities of multishop where we can transfer a technician from shop to shop with ease.

Cons

I strongly dislike the inventory system. I do not like that any time a part is purchased that it adds it to inventory making it very difficult to manage our internal inventory. it would be nice if inventory could be divided into internal and external. I don't like that when texting a customer they have to click a link. Currently with certain phone providers, it prompts the customer to the log in page instead of their RO. I wish there were a way to have a text message conversation with the customer and log it like other programs use. I wish some of the reporting was easier to use and more customizable. I wish there was a way to transfer internal inventory between stores. It would be nice if repair link could integrate.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Amongst others. Shop-ware was one of the only multi-shop web based platforms that could be customized to how our shop was run. We were ready to go on Shop Boss and before launch we found that we could not create canned jobs and that completely ruined it for us.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Omnique was very cryptic with its features. When reporting problems to their support team, the team ALWAYS stated this was the first time they had heard of that and rarely came up with solutions. The program was very difficult to estimate with.

William from Alexander's Import Auto Repair

Cloud Based

Overall we have had a great experience with Shop-Ware. We have always strived to provide our customers with the best experience and with Shop-Ware being digitally based, that helps us to achieve this goal. The inventory management has taken some getting used to, but is also very helpful!

Pros

Although not an original feature, I really like the cloud based software and the ability to use it on multiple platforms. This also allows most operations to work very fast and very smoothly! Another stand out feature are the built in digital vehicle inspection.

Cons

As a counter person/service advisor my biggest complaint is the lack of auto-fill. There are many fields that must be filled every time a ticket is opened and it would be much more convenient if most if not all of them would auto-fill.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Across the board the product offerings are very similar. The digital inspections are great, the digital bias of the software, and the support are good, but one of the biggest factors was being a Bosch Service Center.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

The catalyst was that we are a Bosch Service Center, but the driving force is how archaic RO Writer is. Shop-Ware met all of the criteria we were looking for in a shop management system including great analytics.

Brandon from Route 11 Automotive

Shop-ware review

Great customer service. Slow to grow and adapt compared to industry competitors.

Pros

Ease of use. Very easy to teach someone how to use it. GP$/hr quickly available to estimator.

Cons

No two way communication with customer Labor guide is almost always wrong Cannot see tech total clocked in time on a ticket without opening the clock up on each individual job and manually adding it together. When building an estimate on the main screen, as opposed to a recommended service on the right, the correct labor times do not follow the job to future tickets. Making the use of “past services” worthless unless you built it on the right under recommended services. Would love to be able to look up fluid type and quantities within Shop-ware and not have to rely on or transfer Info to another system to find out that info.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

To be honest, not if the sms systems were where I wanted / needed them to be. However, SW seemed like they would get to their faster and were better suited to become an industry leader.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Alldata manage online was not what we needed.

Alan from Revolution Automotive Services, Inc.

Shop-ware

Overall, I enjoy the software. I wish there was a better payment option and the 2 issues listed above were taken care of. I keep hearing it's coming but it hasn't come...... I have honestly been looking at Techmetric because the above issues are not issues on their platform. I hesitate to move because there is a learning curve and other hick ups involved with that change that I would prefer not to endure.

Pros

Digital work board. I can check in on the business or help out where ever I have internet service.

Cons

1. I can not share an inspection with recommendations without sharing price at the same time. This has been a big concern of mine since day 1 and still not changed. Its frustrating because I am essentially not using the digital inspection to make any sales. I'm certain my ARO would increase with this feature. 2. I can not break down labor cost by technician. This is again frustrating because the labor cost is NOT ACCURATE on any one ticket or job on a given ticket. It's just not accurate.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

At the time (January 2019), it seemed that Shop-Ware was further along than TechMetric was. Now, I feel like TechMetric has come further as far as our shops needs. Again, I would really, really like to see those 2 issues above addressed. I've spoken to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in tech support multiple time and to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at our las mastermind meeting about this issues.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

We were limited in our abilities with Mitchell and we are planning to open more stores so this was not going to meet our needs. The 100% digital aspect of Shop-Ware was most appealing part to me personally an owner.

Kenny from TLS Motorworks

Top Shop Software

Has been excellent, always willing to help when problems arise. They own up to their mistakes when they make them.

Pros

I love the way we can share the estimates with the customer via email and text. Inspections are easy to set up and are 100% customizable. Right now I’m a new start up and running my shop with the help of my wife. Being able to share with customers gives us 15 minutes to set up our game plan for what’s coming in next. The digital inspections gives the customers more info to make an educated decision and most of the time they have approved repairs before we ever get that call into them in that 15 minute window. Hands down the best program I’ve ever used!

Cons

There’s really not much I can say. A lot of the things I disliked about this program have been fixed or upgraded. I would love to see the ability to add more than on canned job to the ticket at a time, and be able to apply payments to accounts receivable for fleet customers easier.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

We had our World Pac rep ask some of his other customers were using. Shop Ware came back from 2 of his top accounts as the best thing they had ever used. Also they demo with you one on one not like other companies that set up multiple clients at the same time. Facebook group is a huge help.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Customer support was horrible, no upgrades ever and problems were never resolved

Calvin from Kurth's Auto Repair

Shop-Ware is TONS better than Mitchell

Pros

The ease of pricing parts and ordering parts through Shop-Ware is TONS better than our previous software, Mitchell. Being able to pull up multiple vendors at one time compare exact parts instantly and then order from online has saved our shop countless hours of time as well as thousands of dollars in parts savings. On a side note, the software gets updated on a REGULAR basis which is a huge bonus and large help as they account for the fast changing auto repair industry.

Cons

Labor times within Shop-Ware are not always accurate according to what recommended book time is as well as they do not have all repairs in the system. We have been working with the development team very closely on improving this issue though and have already seen changes.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

The customer support and ease of use of Shop-Ware was much better than our original experience with Tekmetric. Our sales Rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was a huge part of this!

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Mitchell was an outdated software that we had to pay per device for access. It did not allow digital inspections without a bolt on at a stupid expensive additional cost. It wouldn't allow for multiple parts vendor screens to be open. We wanted a cloud based software that was an all in one software. This has 90% of what we need, to do our jobs correctly.

Matt from Alex's Garage

Game Changer

They initial switch over to Shop-Ware was the most difficult part. But once everyone was trained and use to using it on a daily basis is has made work flow easier and productivity smoother all around. We've never looked back!

Pros

The software allows for best transparency and communication between or staff and the customers. A lot of our new customer complement on how convenient the program is to use on there end, and how it makes the transaction of getting information about their vehicle to them much easier than other shops they haveused in the past.

Cons

The software is being updated with new features on a regular basis, which is also good. But the updates can sometimes cause bugs or glitches when they are released, Which cause confusion during regular use.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

The program was not able for much of any customization and did not offer web-based communication or for graphic interface between staff and customers.

Christopher from Clarke Automotive

Robust Software Management Platform

I love it! You'd have to come up with something out of this world to change my mind that this isn't the best software out.

Pros

It's versatile and works smoothly—both on my Windows Desktop and reliable on my iPhone.

Cons

Honestly any issue I can think of get remediated quickly. The customer support is quick to respond and get the software updated monthly with new features.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Came highly recommended by other shop owners currently using the software.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Lack of software updates.

Tara from Topel's Service Center, Inc.

A Business Changer, A LIFE Changer

Pros

There are so many things I LOVE about this software that I probably couldn't even list them all. Not only do I love them, but our team loves Shop-Ware and our clients LOVE it as much as we do (maybe more). It is easy to use from anywhere. It integrates all of the components of our business into one package. Shop-Ware is easy to work with as a company and understands our needs. They are constantly upgrading and developing based on users' needs and wants. When you have a question or suggestion, they reach out, listen, and respond promptly.

Cons

The only item I wish could be different is accessing other labor guides than MOTOR. That is honestly it.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

To simplify the lives of our team and our clients.

roman from Exclusive Motors

Hands down best shop software

Great experience, it’s helped us get to the next level and take on more service

Pros

The ease of communication with the customer is amazing. It keeps the customer updated and approvals come in faster.

Cons

I would like to be able to customize the schedule and have “canned items” to post such as “off” “ out sick” etc.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

The system is the easiest to use and we love the paperless idea

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

We liked the easy platform.

brad from Scott's U-Save

These guys are going to be an amazing software in the coming years. Get in now!

They truly care. Again, this is a software company that cares. You need to find partners to ensure success in your business. Shop-ware is a partner.

Pros

Shop-ware is still flexible since they are rigid like a RO Writer. They truly work to help their customers have success using the software. They are still young, so features are coming out still and some more abilities are being added. They have a ways to go on tires. The inspections portion of the software is great. I think this is what attracted is at the start and keeps us happy every day we use it. Overall they will work with you to get a product you want to use.

Cons

Doesn't not work well for tires. You must use Quickbooks and it's hard to "balance" at the end of the day to know you have the correct cash and credit cards. The way they setup parts is difficult. There is no pricing matrix and parts all link to a main nomenclature. They works well in certain instances, but not well in others. Everything is a give and take. Overall you can work fast within the software.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

The staff at Shop-Ware truly won us over. They worked with us for a long time to get prepared to switch. I also felt their user-interface is by far the BEST! The software is not perfect, but they have a good team behind them.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Pace could not keep up with the times and implement technology.

micah from Modern Collision Rebuild & Service

Awesome complete shop management system

The customer interaction with the program is great and customers love it. We even have customers who will view their repair order and authorize repairs in the evenings or mornings when we are not open.

Pros

We had different shop management system for 14 years I wanted to add the DVI but I didn't want to buy a separate program so we switched to shop-ware. It's cloud-based so it would work for a multi shop location, It has improved productivity and customer satisfaction because of the capability to share information with the customer. Service writers and the tech's love it because of its simplicity and the learning curve is very quick. Customer service is absolutely amazing. If there is an issue they will return an email or phone call quickly compared to previous experiences with other software. They will take the time to listen to an issue and explain how it works or if there needs to be an improvement, it will be addressed.

Cons

I am struggling to come up with cons. There are little things that I feel could be improved but it does not interfere with the programs capability.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Its ability to connect with today's technology and customers.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

We wanted a program that had digital inspections built in, not one that had to be added through a third party

Lafayette from Pistons & PixieDust

Best way to communicate with customers

I also LOVE that I can track who has viewed the page. That way I can see if my customers are constantly moderating the work, and if they have seen a price quote, and are considering the job. It helps me know how to more efficiently sell work, and which customers I need to focus my energy on with the communication and sales side of my staff.

Pros

My customers love the transparency of my auto repair business as a result of Shop-Ware. The ability to add comments, upload photos, and communicate directly with my customers also keeps things organized. Instead of looking through texts, emails, and writing down notes from phone calls, all of the communication is kept neatly in the comment thread. Customers upload media as well, such as images of ROs of previous shops, or video of a car misbehaving that they were able to catch in the moment. My customers also love the constant updates, which keeps them from calling the shop. As much as I love talking to customers, I do not like to be disturbed while I am working on a car. The customer is able to log on to their online RO, and then see which items have been completed and which items are in the works.

Cons

I am looking forward to a phone app, so that I do not have to open up my internet browser on my cell phone and log on every time. I think that's the only con I can think of at this point, and it's very minor.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Ease of use, familiarity, ability to communicate with customers and have the customer add notes and "participate" in the repair

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Previous use of Shop-Ware at another auto repair shop, and frustrations with current software

Brandon from Tri City Automotive

Great company to team up with.

Because it is an internet based program, everything is so simplified. The parts ordering integration works really well and speeds up the process of getting the customer handled as quickly as possible.

Pros

Ease of use is incredible. After having ROWriter and then being sold Protractor, ShopWare is in a class of its own.

Cons

I haven't really experienced any cons. I can run it with my iPad from anywhere as long as I have cellular signal.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

For my decision the upfront transparency was a big thing. The company spent a lot of time with getting us to a point where we understood the product and got us training videos to watch to make sure we were making the right choice for us. Also, the rep was always available when there were questions asked prior to purchase.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Ease of use, .com based, They tried to make protractor work like old school Reynolds and Reynolds or ADP which are franchise dealer based. Swing, and a miss!

Dean from Simmons Automotive

I’ve used the rest, now I use the best.

I have seen my GP, average ticket, and up sells go way up - like 25% and more up. I’m no spring chicken. I’ve been in this industry for 32 years and have used every major software platform out there as well as a few minor ones. I can tell you, they care and they listen. I had the opportunity to spend a good amount of time with the owner of Shop-Ware in the beginning and since have seen the entire staff emulate her approach to customer care. I have never experienced customer service remotely close to this.

Pros

Customer interaction, ease of use, ACCURATE inventory, superb customer support, uncanny reception to customer input, hi-tech image for any level shop, incredible customer reception, true gross profit optimization, user friendly, and reasonable terms with no contracts. They believe, as I do, that if you like the software, you’ll never leave hence, no contracts.

Cons

Still new and a few growing pains but really, very few, and they are punching through real working updates and features at the speed of light.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Minimal required third party integrations for the day to day tasks. Everybody else has you sign contracts with 2 or 3 other companies in order to get functional and progressive features. No one seems to recognize that with most software you end up in bed with multiple companies. And, when one of those bricks (regularly) nothing works right and it becomes a he said, she said battle about who’s fault it is. Meanwhile, your stuck with a shop that’s down. I started my business to fix cars. Shop-Ware is the first of (count them) 13 softwares that I’ve used that actually let me run my business as designed. You want simple, you got it. You want details, they’re available. From my front desk to my techs, to my bookkeeper, to my customers, I hear nothing but praise. Just commit to 6 months of adjusting your approach and you’ll never go back.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Burned out on terrible UI, poor build, non-existent support, and broken promises after 9 years.

Vinnie from CoAuto

CoAuto loves Shopware & you will too

Overall experience has been great, we have been with Shop-Ware for many years now and seen many improvements along the way.

Pros

Ease of use from the digital inspection process & building estimates to the text to pay feature & text approval process we love what Shop-Ware offers. The customer support is always fast, friendly and helpful. Very client friendly, ease of use for clients is a plus. One system takes care of what we used to need 2 or 3 systems for.

Cons

Lack of ability to add text or symbols to photos, hard to navigate the initial approval process for clients, no texting options, cannot delete duplicated parts, cores being a separate part vs included in the same line. Estimator hours could be improved by using a better estimator, the hours are off when compared to Alldata.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Price, customer service, ease of use

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Ease of use, digital inspection process was difficult to manage, needed multiple platforms to be efficient.

Pat from Performa

Excellent Shop Management System

Our overall experience with Shop-Ware has been wonderful. From the sales side, to the implementation and transition, to the support side - we are very happy. We fully believe that to be successful in our business we need the best people and the best tools available, and Shop-Ware has proven to be just that. It has helped us grow our business!

Pros

Customer review of work order including technician's notes, photos and videos is wonderful. Puts the customer at ease and allows full control of their decisions. Parts integration is wonderful; 6 vendors at the touch of one button rather than individual phone calls, websites and passwords. Digital Vehicle Inspections is also great.

Cons

Reporting is a little on the light side; data can be found and manipulated with a little effort.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Best value for the money, and seamless integration of digital inspections

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Shop-Ware is part of the "next generation" of shop management systems; fully cloud based and viewable on any size platform. It brought us into the 21st century for capability and performance.

Ryan from St. George Transmission & Automotive

Continuous improvement and responsive customer support team.

Our company demo-ed many different systems before making the choice to go with software. The time that we first tried the Shop-Ware demo to when we made the leap was over 18 months, and after detailed examination of at least 4 SMS/ POS options.

Pros

This is a system designed by a high performance business, and has great usability at many different scales. The structure of the system lends itself well to seamless information transfer from the back of the shop to the front, and out to customers. Software updates arrive pretty consistently with truly usable features.

Cons

Some of the modules are a little under-developed. Internal notes vs external notes need to be a thing. The inventory module needs more flexibility for any business with a high volume of inventory. The integrated labor guide is poor, requiring us to maintain separate subscriptions for labor times without a direct integration.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Lack of live information transfer between office staff and technicians, inefficient data input for meaningful reporting.

phil from Urban Autocare

Transparency realized

Amazing company to work with and grow with. Customer service is unmatched.

Pros

Cons

I wish that we found it sooner. It has been very helpful for our growing business.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

The interface is very intuitive and the customer service was so awesome.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

I wanted a modern solution to software with Multi-Shop operations that was clean and easy to use.

Justin from Service Masters Total Car Care

We love Shop-Ware!

We love the ease and speed of it, the best part is being able to share with customers pictures and notes.

Pros

shop-ware is very easy to use and learn and is extremely up to date. Making the switch from an old platform which didn't seem like it was updated since 2005 to Shop-Ware helped with speed of service and modernizing how we do things. One of our favorite parts is the ability to take pictures and notes and the ease of being able to send it to the customer. The parts ordering process is quite nice and easy as well.

Cons

The reports could be a little easier to pull data from and it would be nice if they could make them accessible to read through the software and not to have to use Excel or Google Sheets.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Shop-ware was much easier to use and had abilities included in it that would've been extra to add to Protractor

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Mitchell was very dated and clunky to use; shop-ware is the opposite

Mike from 413 Auto repair and Auto Sales

Demo'ed many auto management programs, Shop-Ware is the best fit

After hours training was very helpful. Had questions after going live, Shop-ware was a phone call away.

Pros

Shop-Ware seemed overwhelming (like many management programs) at first, but after 2 hours training I was ready to go live. Creating and sharing estimates with customers is simple and fairly quick.

Cons

I am not not a paperless shop (yet). My tech and I still like to write notes on work orders. Other that printing a screen shot of the work order, there is no option to print a work order for a technician. The screen shot contains all pricing and etc the tech does not need to see.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Ease of use. Ability to create estimates and send estimates and notes with pictures to customers easily. Saved canned jobs save time. Price.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Software was full of bugs after being sold to ?? a few years ago. Problem free for the first 8 years.

David from The Catholic University of America

SOMETHING TO TRY...

From the day we contacted them to find out more about their product it has been an absolute joy to use! Not only the system, but the people too... SOOOO easy to work with!

Pros

- Ease of use - Flexibility of the ENTIRE program - Customer Support!!!

Cons

Sadly, the things that we did not care for have all been completely revamped and upgraded. Now we LOVE them!!! (Sorry)

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

I was astonished with how simple yet advanced the system was. It has only gotten better!

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

eMaintenance is one of the WORST work order systems we have EVER used! To go from that to this was a pleasure! Shop-Ware tracks EVERYTHING we need to track, and most importantly, has resolved 99% of the communication challenges we have had. Not only with the customers, but with the techs as well, and THAT was huge!

Matthew from Matt's Automotive Service Center

Excellent Program

Great product that is continually improving, highly recommend

Pros

Ease of use, inspections are part of the software, ability to access from anywhere, customer service from Shop Ware team, monthly improvements, built in time clock, customer facing interactions

Cons

lack of reporting, inventory control and transferring, lack of permissions for larger shops,

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

the investment they have in making the program better all the time

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Ease of use, ability to make changes and improvements

Jennifer from Collinsville Auto Repair, LLC

Glad we made the decision to switch to Shop-ware!

Shop-ware has been a great program for our shop. The support has always been more than helpful. I do wonder if the issues or glitches I have brought to supports attention have been addressed or just in the "not super important" abyss.

Pros

Shop-ware is very user friendly. I like that the program is cloud based for ease of connecting to what's going on in my business if I am not physically in the shop. I also like the parts ordering integration. Being able to quickly create estimates has been a huge time savings.

Cons

The flaws in the partnerships that shop-ware has, such as parts tech and the labor guide. There is a glitch in the software for the camera the that deters my technicians from taking photos, which is a huge drawback for us. The software won't allow use of the flash on the tablet, the tech has to use the attachment icon to get into the tablet software to access the flash mode - too many clicks to add a photo.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

The communication method with the customers.

Matthew from Leo & Sons Auto Repair

Game Changer For My Business

Customer communications was an issue before Shop-Ware. Now that I can text and email my customers I have solved a lot of those issues.

Pros

Shop-Ware totally changed how I run my business. We a very old system before and Shop-Ware was a huge leap in technology. My customers love the ability to approve recommended repairs right from their smartphone or computer. The ability to attach pictures, videos and PDFs to the work order really adds a level of credibility and transparency that my customers respond to.

Cons

I wish there was some type of customer retention features and a way to remind my customer of needed services such as oil changes and state inspection.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

The ease of use and features

Needed to update to the 21st century

Ric from Accurate Auto Repair

Fast and complete estimates and workflow management.

This is a fairly new product (maybe 5 years) which is good and bad. Good in that it's modern software that's not compromised by having previous server based systems - it's designed to be fast and easy and it is. They are putting in new features weekly or even more often, but at this time it has a way to go to be the absolute best features-wise. For our shop, the speed and ease of use far outweighs having to use a couple workarounds. Customer service is extremely responsive and stays on any problem or request until it's done. Smart software & really intelligent, responsive and caring people.

Pros

Complete a Repair Order in less than a minute from Customer coming in to signing the estimate Visibility to everything going on in the shop Quick financials by job or by individual services and recommendations, including GP on labor and parts Solid inventory and parts purchasing management Integrates easily and smoothly with Quickbooks Ecom ordering systems lets me look at my suppliers' price and availability side by side Open search routines - you don't have to flip around to different sections of the program to find something specific Auto-populates parts from your inventory when doing estimates/recommendations Do anything you need to from anywhere from any device. Good mobile implementation.

Cons

Scheduling system is standalone and doesn't work with other calendars (Google, etc.) I'd like more automation/notification on parts needed

Samantha from Schearer's Sales & Service, Inc.

Rocky Road (No, not the ice cream)

Overall, Shop-Ware has been a big learning curb for us, but I think it is working out for the better.

Pros

This software really moves things into the *future.* You are able to, essentially, go paperless if you would like to. Being able to share estimates with customer's so that they can look at what you're looking at while going over it with them is a big plus. Customers really like that we have the ability to attach pictures.

Cons

The back office portion of this software could use a HUGE upgrade. It is lacking big time.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Shop-Ware had better customer service.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

ServiceShop was trusty, reliable and user friendly, but it was going nowhere fast. It did not give us the option to move into the 21st century.

Lisa from Wyman Automotive

Shop-ware

Their customer service is top notch. I send them questions all the time and they always answer them no matter how muddled I think that question gets. We have recommended them to a couple other shops. Our customers love the fact that they see what our mechanics see with pictures and videos.

Pros

I am new to the Automotive Industry. Shop-Ware has made it so I can understand what I am doing on both sides, front and back side. Inputting customer information is a breeze, canned jobs are quick to make and find, integrated part systems are easy to use. Pulling financial information out of the backside and understanding what I am looking at makes it easy to get what our account needs and to do payroll every week.

Cons

Until we got used to the system, it was a little confusing, but their customer service was always able to walk us thru any questions we had. We still find things that we didn't know it could do. We handle sublets from other shops, so I wish we could combine repair orders so I would only have to charge the customer once for multiple vehicles instead of every time they picked up a car in a day. Would save both us and our customer on credit card fees. Was told this is in the works for an upgrade, so we shall see.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

We liked the real time pictures and videos and the constant upgrades to make their product better.

Oscar from Connie & Dick's Service Center Inc.

Shop Management System for today's Customer

Shop-Ware has improved the everyday operation of the shop. It has made it easy to communicate with the customer and manage workflow.

Pros

This software makes it so easy to communicate, advise and present service information with all my customers.

Cons

I honestly don't have any cons with this software

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Shop-Ware's approach is interactive, easy, and up to date.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

The cost was getting higher and higher with no advances to bring our shop and the customer closer together, Shop-Ware gave us that and much more.

ONEY from HIGHWAY 92 SERVICES, LLC

STRUGGLING SOFTWARE USER

1ST OF ALL i AM PROBABLY 1 OF THE ONLY BUSINESSES THAT UP TO OCTOBER OF 2019, WAS STILL DOING HAND WRITTEN INVOICING........40 YEARS BASICALLY.......SO RIGHT HERE IS A MAJOR OBSTACLE (ON MY PART).. SHOPWARE IS THE ONLY SOFTWARE PROGRAM THAT I HAVE EVER USED......SINCE THE EARLY DAYS.....1980'S OF OASIS FROM FORD DEALERSHIP.... I CAN SEE THAT THIS SOFTWARE PROGRAM (IS) A PERMANENT SOLUTION FOR THIS INDUSTRY....AND OF COURSE MY BUSINESS HERE..

Pros

THE BEST FEATURE IS THE CLOUD BASED ANY-WHERE ACCESSIBILITY. NEXT WOULD BE THE REPORTS SECTION NEXT WOULD BE THE SAVED CUSTOMER / VEHICLES THOUGH LABOR INTENSIVE, PARTS INVENTORY / CONTROL IS COOL

Cons

I AM HAVING PROBLEMS IN THAT, (MAYBE I DON'T KNOW HOW), CANNED JOBS CAN NOT BE ENTERED PRIOR TO LOADING THEM INTO AN INVOICE 1ST......??? ECOMMERCE PARTS / CANNED PARTS.......HAVING AN EXTREMELY HIGH AMOUNT OF (MULTIPLE PARTS SOURCES), DIFFICULTIES ......HAVING TO LEAVE SHOPWARE TO OUTSOURCE PARTS. THEN COME BACK AND MANUALLY LOAD...OR CANNED A PART... AND THE INABILITY TO (WHEN I ENTER A WRONG PAYMENT/DATE) ERASE AND CHANGE????

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

BECAUSE OF THE GIRLS AT (ASA CONFERENCES) AND CONVINCING ME TO GIVE IT A TRY.....[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] IS VERY CONVINCING......

Alexander from O'Reilly Motor Cars, Inc.

Pros

-Mechanics can easily take picture and upload -Helpful support team -No show section is nice -Seeing which tickets are short parts is helpful

Cons

-Cannot link parts to an RO unless you start with the parts in the RO -Cannot undo received POs -Pages load slow even with 400 Mbps/20 Mbps and an above average computer -Only room for one phone number -No appointment confirmation before entire RO is made -Calendar view could be cleared up -Analytics section is not useful, Shop-Ware support members have trouble navigating and understanding too -Cannot produce a report of inventory groups -After an RO is started, it is removed from the schedule, should be an option to turn this off -No way to unlink WorldPac without closing browser tab. -No way to seach for license plate without knowing full plate (that I know of ) -Cannot add parts to an order after it is started (this one is very annoying) -Cannot update a parts order without the window closing -Editing canned jobs is very messy. As far as I know there is no section to only look at and setup canned jobs. -Mechanics cannot look at a ticket and see total time spent, they can only go line by line. Very annoying for some flat rate mechanics -There is no prompt to make sure you publish your recommendations before transferring an RO. Should be an option, this mistake happens once a day with advisors or mechanics -No option is click an copy VIN, have to highlight and copy (one additional space at the end of VIN is also copied when you double click to highlight) -Manually adding parts to a PO, you cannot see which parts are already selected, the only indication is '2 in batch'

Farhad from Green Drop Garage

Great service, product pretty solid.

We have been part of Shop-Ware's growth since the early days. I have enjoyed watching the growth and development of the software. I am glad to have given early feedback that translated to actual action.

Pros

Ease of use, Constant improvement made by development team.

Cons

Limitations on data export. Has gotten quite a bit better in last 6 months though!

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

I believed in the direction and future of Shop-Ware and the leader. Visually pleasing interface, and I find that important with our client-centric focus.

Jean from O'Reilly Motor Cars

Shop-Ware

Overall, I like Shop-Ware despite the learning curve that is with any new system. The web based search features are great once you have the system established. Customer support does address all issues even if they can not fix them. I do find that fixing user errors is clunky and that not all errors can be fixed on the Shop-Ware side.

Pros

The accountability. Love the log so that you can tell who adjusted what customer invoice, i.e. adding or removing parts, adjusting pricing, etc. Setting up users and permissions is easy. It is very easy to flip between screens while working. Love the adding vehicle features and searches. Love the ability to add repair pictures right to the invoice for the customer.

Cons

So much information is available in some areas that you have to use sort features to limit information received. Not all sort/search features are obvious. Correcting received invoices is an issue if the vendor is selected wrong or the wrong amount is entered, there is no way to go back into the purchase to make a correction. All corrections have to be made in accounting. Another issue is current day schedule. Once cars start arriving for the day and are checked in, they no longer show on the current day schedule so you have to flip between work in shop and the schedule screen to tell if you can take in more cars for the day for quickie services.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

The world is changing and becoming more web based. Customers use the web for searches, chat groups, and more. In moving our company towards the future, it is imperative that we also change with the times and offer our customers new ways to interact with us as well.

Sarah from Hawthorne Auto Clinic

Great value, so easy to use

Great customer service, fantastic company. They listen and respond to end users, updating/improving all of the time.

Pros

This program helped our shop move into this century with direct digital connectivity to clients and the work that is being recommended. It has improved our shop flow and we find we are providing better, more focused service because we have freed ourselves from the drudgery of old, not very workable software.

Cons

The inventory leaves much to be desired. In all fairness, I was told that it is not an inventory management program. But it would be helpful if it were better in this arena.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

More user friendly interface, greater flexibility, price and convenience.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Wanted a product that looked and acted like it was from this century.

Ric from Accurate Auto Repair

Fast, customer-focus, easy to use

Support is fantastic. They respond instantly to emails or calls. Genuinely interested in helping.

Pros

Workflow is simple and easy for new users to learn. 90% of everything you need is in a few screens. As an online system, we can move from computer to computer and everything is in sync. The database is an open design, no need to save work or changes. Customer's get easy to understand repair orders or estimates for approval via text or email.

Cons

Still needs some feature development to be on par with more robust systems.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

MUCH easier to use and faster to get a customer repair authorization done.

Erick from Quantum Mechanics

Game-changer for my business!

Shop-Ware has allowed me to focus on growing and streamlining my business, and not fuss with hosting an in-house server like I did for our previous software package. I love their team, their service, and perhaps most of all, the results we're getting!!

Pros

I love how easy it is to get new users up and running, how any device with a web browser can be used, and how easy it is to scale the number of users!

Cons

Tough call. I can't actually think of anything that's not to like about Shop-Ware.

Matt from PHP Specialists, LLC

Expedited standard processes

Excellent, has allowed our business to streamline and grow.

Pros

We love the customer interaction and paperless ability. It has sped up the normal daily processes from receiving a customer, vehicle inspection, estimate creation, approval process and invoice finalization.

Cons

Detailed Reporting needs help, but it is getting weekly updates from the software team. Inventory reporting and PO creation with PDFs.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Customer support, ease of learning, pricing.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

To get rid of the bottleneck up front of making estimates and getting approvals.

Brian from Global Car Care

Software for Today!

Going paperless is liberating! Having customers excited to approve work is fabulous!

Pros

The most impactful feature to our shop is the seamless communication between the advisor and customer, often work is approved before our advisor's reach the customer by phone!

Cons

The backend of this program is lacking in some areas: Technician needs to know how much time has been spent on a labor operation , warranty tracking non existent, need to have flexibility with hours charged VS flat rate hours, marketing and reporting are all going to need improvement...

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Fresh and Clean committed to fill in the empty spaces...

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Wanted something made for today not re written over and over...

Christian from Luxury Auto Service

Fantastic shop management system. Sold itself. Wish we had made the move a log time ago.

Time savings. Better GP management. Clearer communication between shop and customer as well as between front desk and technicians. Saved on monthly subscription and maintenance fees by canceling services include in Shop-Ware.

Pros

Easy to use. Intuitive. Felt familiar from the first use. Conceived of and built by an actual shop owner. Provides very useful data at a glance without having to run a bunch of reports. The complicated stuff is built in so the operation is simple. Digital inspections, in RO photos and videos, direct texting between RO and customer are all built in which means I saved money by dropping other stand alone services. Cloud based means I can access from anywhere I have internet access and this expands my ability to serve my customers. Cloud based means I can access from anywhere I have internet access and this expands my ability to serve my customers. Digital inspections, in RO photos and videos and text direct between RO and customer bulit in so I saved money by dropping other stand alone services. Recommendations that didn't get approved on current RO are saved and included on following work orders. Cloud servers are more secure than my shop server. Been a long time since I've been this excited about a work software.

Cons

I would like the pricing displays a little different. I would like to have true menu/package pricing options. Texting abilities are slim. BUT all of these are already being worked on, so not really a big issue just a field that required an entry.

JORDAN from Bentley's Auto Clinic

It’s about the Customer!

For a one -man-shop, this product saves me time. Rarely any phone time now and writing estimates is smooth as silk. Preparing quarterly state taxes only amounts to ten minutes. Using Shop-Ware removes much of the stress in everyday business transactions. Finally, the Shop- Ware Family is always ready to help and advise about this product. I appreciate their friendly patient assistance when needed. Shop-Ware is the Best!

Pros

My customers are very impressed with estimates when they arrive on line. Very professional in appearance and easy to understand. They appreciate the pictures that accompany the estimate. I also find this system to navigate easily.

Cons

The learning curve of this product is easy. The Shop-Ware Team is constantly making improvements because they listen to their customers. This product has grown and improved over the years. No complaints from my shop. Only Praise!

Matt from Best West Tire & Service

Shop-Ware

overall very pleased with shop-ware, we have learned alot about our business and stream lined certain aspects of our processess.

Pros

Moving to Shop-Ware, the transition was very manageable. We have 2 locations that made the switch coming off our previous system that we had been on for almost 30 years. One of the biggest things noticed that i wasn't expecting is the amount of paper and toner cost that was reduced moving towards dispatching work orders and moving them through out the shop electronically. The amount of data and kpi's that are available also gave us the opportunity to make much needed and over due changes in our business and to update our business model.

Cons

We are an independent Goodyear Dealer, So the Tire aspect of the system is really the only thing lacking in my opinion. There could be a seprate tire catalog but we are making due using the parts inventory for now.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

The first look at and demo with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] showed me exactly what i was looking for and wanted to see and learn about. it was right and too the point. The Cost was also attractive, and being cloud base was something i was really interested in moving too.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

GBMS is going away, Also wanted to move to something cloud base for options while trying to run 2 locations. Can check on both stores from anywhere, and saw value for the service aspect of shop-ware features

BRUCE from Ervine's Auto Repair

Areas that I work within

Overall I think this is one of the most user friendly shop management programs that I have used.

Pros

Easy to write, edit and dispatch repair orders. Love that I can see customers entering repair orders.

Cons

Would like for 1 button email/text customers, space for additional contact numbers and be able to text all listed number is desired. When alerts come in I would like them to display on top of all open windows. Would like software that will let you operate on 2 monitors with limited functions on second monitor. When quoting repair parts I would like to be able to enter several parts from same vendor without having to start the process from the beginning for each part. Would like to see more information in vehicle history such as quoted/declined repairs and any service notes.

Regina from T Scandia Motors, Inc

A shout out to Shop-Ware!

I am still getting used to the analytic and report functions.

Pros

Shop-Ware is one of the best automotive shop management software, if not THE best!! It is very intuitive and easy to use. The program is all seamless with all aspects of it, service, inventory, inspection, reports, etc.

Cons

There is no core built in with the receiving function. Also, no disposal fee associated with engine oil and oil filter. We have to manually enter it in the Haz Mat Fee. Not able to get a summary report of inventory at month end in print.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

I felt very good with the sales team and the support Shop-Ware offered. I also noticed that Shop-Ware keeps developing their program by adding several features over time. It tells me that Shop-Ware is making progress and keeping up with customers' requests. That is a good thing in a company that cares!

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

The previous program is very clunky and not easy to use.

Victor from LEMOORE AUTO

Amazing. Adapting. Aware. Efficient. Effective.

Easy. Simple.

Pros

Everything. It's easy to use. Easy to train. Easy for the customer. Evolving.

Cons

The 1 and only thing I don't like right now is the RO numbers are sequential. We were using Auto Fluent before and it was kinda nice to have every invoice sequential. The quotes had their own number until they were converted to a RO.. but that's it. Other than that everything else seems great.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

The onboarding process was awesome.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

It was a dinosaur. Cumbersome.

Tras from Dream Garage

Shop ware is a great shop-management tool!

Shop Ware is excellent. It helps me increase the productivity in the shop

Pros

Very happy with this software and how effective it is at allowing us to manage our jobs and client database. Love how it integrates with my parts supplier, making it easy to generate estimates and work orders. Love that I can post photos and that the client and I can communicate in real time through the ongoing work order.

Cons

Don't like that I can't add multiple numbers and emails to a customer account.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Auto Repair Bill was clunky and never made promised updates. Too many glitches.

Kristi from CoAuto LLC

Great Program, but Report Features are Lacking

Shop-ware is great! I understand it is a newer software program compared to others and while I believe it is better than most that have been around a while, it still has a lot of room for improvement

Pros

I love the user functionality of Shop-ware. It is easy to read and see what is happening, as well as easy to use and figure out.

Cons

The reporting features aren't the best and that is the one thing that I use the most. I have to export, sort and essentially re-create each report to the use of my needs after it is dumped into an excel file. I have also had to train my co-workers on how they enter part descriptions just so I can find the data I need each month. We've made it work, but not ideal. Also, really wish there was a better way to track employee purchases!

Bob from J&E Sales, Inc dba Shelby Automotive

Keeping up with technology.

We are seeing a higher percentage profit on parts despite previously using an aggressive matrix. Lots of "clicks". I realize Shop-Ware is gleaning a ton of information that is used in the analytics but sometimes it seems redundant.

Pros

Communication, both with techs and customers. I like the KPI numbers, very helpful for planning Canned jobs are nice but they take some time and effort to get set up in useful manner Scheduling is nice.

Cons

Too many "clicks" on some tasks...printing for example. That dang box I have to constantly check so as to NOT send a copy to my customer when I start a job...please make that a preference. Tires...need a solution for tire tax, etc

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

Hopefully the Shop-Ware team will be responsive to complaints and/or ideas to improve. Would love to see some type of platform that allowed pre-scheduling customers next appointment when they pick up.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Winworks had some quirks, the hateful types that you can't duplicate but they just occur . Not much hope for any significant updates or changes.

Erin from Northtown Auto Clinic

Northtown Auto Clinic Review

Customer service and IT training has been spot on great - when we happen to meet [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at events, she is amazing about remembering our interactions and listening to what shop needs are

Pros

Cons

Inventory/parts return/core management.

Cloud Based. Parts intigration

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Cost, updated customer communications, cloud based

Brin from Assured Auto Works

Number 1 Fan!

My team and my clients love Shop-Ware. Shop-Ware has been a game changer for our company and we believe it is a game changer for the industry.

Pros

What's not to love. My team loves it. My clients love it. Shop-Ware allows us to offer the transparency that we need, our clients need and the industry needs. Shop-Ware allows our clients to interact with the software. This gives them an opportunity to be a part of the repair process. After our clients participate with their repair, they are hooked. They have confidence in our team and they tell their friends.

Cons

I can't think of one thing that I don't like about Shop-Ware.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

I wanted something that was more modern. I also wanted something more intuitive.

Lori from Bavarian Werkstatte

Very Thorough Automotive Software Tool

We currently struggle with some of the inventory processes of SW because we don't keep inventory stocked. We also have intermittent issues with the connection to Worldpac, which is our main supplier. We do not currently use PartTech because the WP link is so much more user friendly and faster and they are our primary vendor.

Pros

It has thoroughly considered every aspect of use for the customer and made it as all-encompassing as possible to include any customer scenario, parts ordering sync and customer communication.

Cons

There are so many extensive features, some that are fairly involved, a more extensive and thorough standard training would be welcomed to be more familiar with all the different processes and scenarios involved before using the program.

Reasons for Choosing Shop-Ware

We liked SW because of its extensive capabilities with workflow, customer communication and organization.

Reasons for Switching to Shop-Ware

Just needed a more extensive and specific shop management tool