• Pros

• "I'v used ADP, R&R, Alldata, Mitchel, and others..........Shop Monkey is the best interface and work flow by far. We love it. Amazing customer support. "

• "What I like most about this software is that it is very user friendly and keeps things very organized. Also, I like that it links to QuickBooks. "

• "Very user friendly and easy to use and navigate interface. "

• Cons

• "The software is missing some minor stuff but these guys keep updating it every day. "

• "Not really a con, but I'd like the ability to edit user details such as the email without having to bother your support staff."

• "It's still new so there's a little ways to go..but that's what I like too. It isn't 20 years old with updates to make it 'modern'"

Browse Shopmonkey Reviews

Micah from MP Mobile Mechanic

Fantastic software!

Pros

Being mobile, having a cloud based software that had a professional look, inventory, matrixes and great features was essential. I enjoy working with another startup and seeing all the new features coming out.

Cons

I do seem to get glitches in the software when new features roll out but they disappear quickly. Any issues I have had that needed me to talk with support have been solved within minutes unlike my last software that never fixed the one issue I had.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

I did sign up with Identifix because I need their massive collection of diagrams and diagnostic reports. Compass 360 is very expensive.

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

They never figured my invoice authorization problem. You guys had more features and a better price.

Jimmy from Levity Vans Inc.

I'm very impressed!

The chat feature on Shopmonkey allows me to easily reach out the their friendly staff. Not only are they all very knowledgeable about their product, but they answer very quickly (during the week) and if they don't know something, they figure it out in a very timely manner. It's felt really great having such a supportive staff that can answer any question I have right away. They often give screenshots and videos to help me learn how to do things myself. In addition to all that, they all seem to be such down to earth people who really care about me and my business. It seriously feels like they are part of my team. Thanks Shopmonkey!

Pros

I love how easy it's been to implement this software in my van conversion company and how user friendly it's been to learn and use in daily practice. There are so many features and more coming. One of the other features that I really like is how the messaging functions work. When I create an estimate, it allows the customer to see it, approve it and pay for the work right then and there. Shopmonkey also sends out reminders a day before their appointment which is so nice and handy. It feels very professional.

Cons

I use Purchase Orders a lot. This is probably the only area of improvement I see so far. After a PO is created, I have to save it, print it as a PDF and then attach it to an email to send it to the vendor. Being able to save and send it directly to the vendor would make it much easier but it's being implemented soon. The other thing is that there is no good way to sync SM to Google Calendar. This is also in the works and should be implemented soon. These are the ONLY reasons I didn't give this 5 stars across the board.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

We were looking at a couple different ones but I can't remember what they were.

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

The invoicing software from QB was very confusing for customers and cumbersome for me to use.

Corey from Corey's Automotive Repair and Service (C.A.R.S.)

CARS

Any time I have had problems with the program, (and other business problems), Shopmonkey has been there to help either online and in many cases over the phone. They are always very helpful and I think they truly see us as a customer rather than just another number. They have done a great job of making us feel like part of their distant family (since they are on the west coast and we are in the mid west). ShopMonkey has earned my business, and as long as I can get through this pandemic and keep my shop open ShopMonkey will continue to be a part of it. Thank you everyone at Shopmonkey, and thanks for recognizing we are people just like you!

Pros

I like the ease of using the electronic repair orders and how it is linked right to my quickbooks and I can transfer the data to quikbooks in 1 simple click. Access to Recall, carfax, repair history, and other info, I don't use the feature at this time but the ability to link with suppliers and do so all through my program.

Cons

I have some trouble finding so things that I don't use alot being a small shop some of the features are a little more than I need, and I think the labor guide times are off a bit as I've compared them several time with another program, overall I plan to keep ShopMonkey as my preffered shop program because for the most part is is very simple and it is almost an all-in-one program

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

Because they offered multiple features in 1 product that simplifies lots of my work. Giving me more time to focus on vehicle repair and less office time.

brayden from Velocity Motorworks

Why i switched to Shop-Ware

It was great to start out with, but for the price and the features usable its not work it. Shop-ware is way better built out for just a little bit more. No feature talks with the entire software so you find yourself repeating the same thing on multiple pages to keep information the same across the platform.

Pros

its pretty and almost there. It looks better than it is. The customer support is great and very responsive. It got us out of Mitchell 1. Its hard to write Pros because everything I like about SM has a flaw that pushed us away from it.

Cons

* YOUR INFORMATION WILL NOT TRANSFER TO OTHER MANAGEMENT SOFTWARES!* Id like to see feature role out that are complete and note just 50% there. Every new feature i see are half baked. Nothing talks to each other in the software. Its pretty, but not functional for anyone looking to improve workflow; every step requires 6 more steps to ensure everything is working together as it should, but that usually requires alot of cut and paste and work arounds. In particular the new tech view is awful! As an admit i cant complete things, see progress without diving into the tech view. Why this was a priority over a service manager being able to see a snapshop view in the workflow of how far along a job is baffles me. Its like the staff here has never worked in a shop before or managed one. The priority needs to switch to management and workflow speed. SM makes things take so long because it has to done several times so that information is congruent throughout the software.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

Because at face value it looked like it had all the features it claims. But after using it, it truly does not, at least not yet.

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

Mitchel is outdated and overpriced

Joe from Rock Bridge Automotive Repair

Gret Value, Awesome Tech Support!

I'm super satisfied and I recommend this software in lots of the auto technician forums that I'm a part of.

Pros

It's just really set upwell to run an automotive shop. It's easy to change the parts markup for special customers, (special in a god way or a bad way). The discount feature is great. the ability to find things by whatever you can remember about the job, customer, or vehicle is great. The layout of the program is very straightforward and you can teach someone to be an expert in the program in two repair orders. If they have a question and i am busy they can just click the help button and either watch a video or ask the super friendly and helpful people in tech support. The tech support team goes above and beyond to help you. even climbing onto the RO and working with you. Honestly I've had to use tech support a few times and that's the best support I've had on any product. the software is constantly getting improved also. I really do 99% of the Ro's with no tech support because the software is so easy to use and it really speeds up my ability to get my work done quickly and get back into the shop. My customers absolutely love it. The estimate procedures are great. I feel more covered because the customers approve the job and send me the authorizations. Many of them go ahead and pay for the job when they get the estimate. (You can turn that feature off also.) I like it so I leave it on. the rates that I'm charged for the customer to pay online is very close to the rate that I would pay if they were in the office.

Cons

Really not a lot to dislike with ShopMonkey.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

Price, ease of use, functionality, TECH SUPPORT!!

Jonathan from Erber Auto

Shopmonkey Embraces Modern Customer Service Standards

Love it! Can't stop talking about it. My wife and kids like it because I come home less stressed and exhausted, and earlier in the evening than before. They get to see me more, and have more of me when I am there because my workplace experience is so much better. Thank you Shopmonkey!

Pros

This is a tough one, but probably the feature I like most is the transparent, simple, clean, and professional way Shopmonkey allows you to communicate with your customers. Their system saves us time in communication, which means we can communicate better, more often, and still in less time than traditional ways of picking up a phone. Customers like being kept in the loop more, which means they call in less and feel more cared for. All in all, our customers are thrilled with the new software, and our shop office has never been more calm and available for them.

Cons

It has its fair number of glitches, but even then the development team is on it, and issues I raise flags about get addressed right away. This software is rapidly improving, so this doesn't bother me.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

Because Shopmonkey isn't an add-on and their customer service is A+. When you are using a dinosaur, you don't want to improve your experience by mounting a smaller dinosaur and having the smaller dinosaur ride the bigger older dinosaur.

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

Because who wants to use a dinosaur when they could use a high-performance supercar. Not even an exaggeration.

Frank from Top Shop Auto

Shop Monkey is very easy to use in our auto repair shop.

We rolled out SM three months ago, moving from paper RO management to no paper. We did this with older non-computer using techs and everything went great. Not looking back at all, we left Aldata Manage. We now can do all shop operations and customer communication with ease. Text approvals and appointment confirmation come rolling in.

Pros

Cons

Need a good CRM to manage and reach our customers list. Need to get the real World Pack order system connected.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

The interface with the work flow, appointments, ROs, and the invoice process, Digital inspections, Parts ordering in the RO, Customer communication, Ability to move an RO to invoice-appointment-process- and back, with no issues, can't mess up.

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

We were in the dark ages with customer contact & inter shop communication. Took a long..........time to write and RO, and to invoice and close it. I could write a list of fails on the old system.

Ashley from Atlas Auto Spring Co LLC

Excellent Software

Pros

I really love the way Shopmonkey is easy to use. I have tried many other shop management systems and NONE are as simple as this one. I truly love the carfax integration, it makes life so much easier, and although there are other shop systems that also have this feature, it definitely wasn't as easy to use as Shopmonkey. In fact I had issues trying to access the carfax information in other systems. I also love the payment terminal, its very modern and easy to use. I am beyond pleased with Shopmonkey.

Cons

There is nothing that I really dislike about Shopmonkey. If I must say, one thing that would work well with the software is adding the option to not only add customer information but also company information. Adding a customer or company switch when adding a new customer would work well here. For Example, as a shop manager I work with a lot of other shops and fix some of their vehicles adding them into Shopmonkey can get complicated because they don't go by first or last name which is required to add a new customer.

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

I did't exactly make a switch, I was more exploring both management systems and I decided to go with Shopmonkey. Although the prices with Workshop Software seemed better, Shopmonkey had a lot more to offer.

Ted from Michigan Premier Auto

Exceptional and instant support via chat

Pros

As a new customer who needed to setup canned services and fixed-price services, I needed help. Their online chat service is exceptional; since this is a cloud service their support person could log into my account and add the items I needed. Also explained how to add more myself. This is the BEST computer related support I have ever experienced.

Cons

So far I have found no limitations. Sure it is a learning curve but so is every such product.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

Shopware did not respond quickly to our request for a demo. If sales is slow to reply, I suspect support is worse.

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

Mitchel only ran on one computer and this because a pinch point causing huge delays. ShopMonkey is cloud based and we can use it from multiple computers and tablets at once.

Tina from Niagara Truck Equipment

Super easy to use!

Shopmonkey was super helpful in getting us set up. You ask a question and you get an answer from them right away. No waiting on hold for hours to get someone. We will be using this as our main program now. So easy to use. Easy to navigate

Pros

Shopmonkey was super easy to install and set up. Uploading inventory and customer lists were a breeze!

Cons

Nothing! Love it! Wish we would have got it a few years ago when we were looking at it.

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

We were looking for a less complicated system that would support our business model. Although we don't need all the features Shopmonkey has, it is still worth the monthly fee due to the ease of use!

Victoria from Trackspec Autosports

The BEST decision our shop has made

Pros

I cannot say enough great things about Shopmonkey!! One of the biggest game changers for us (but I didnt think this would be originally) is the chat/messaging feature with customers. Before SM, most of our conversations with customers would be via email. If customers were in a conversation with one staff member, other staff wouldnt be able to be caught up on everything going on if needed. Now, with SM, the conversation sticks to the work order which makes it so much easier for us as a team to figure out the status of the job. Another game changer is being able to tag items on the work order. You can tag labor or parts items, or tag the entire work order. For example, on labor items, we have tags like "In progress" or "Completed." For parts items, we have tags like "Ordered" or "Installed." On entire work orders, we tag them "Waiting at Shop" or "Dropoff" or "Needs car back by ___" Accepting payments - this is something we started using heavily when Covid hit. Other features: cloud-based, customers being able to confirm or cancel appts, customers being able to authorize some work and decline others, easy inspection reports!, canned tasks, amazing integration with Quickbooks Online, looks good and modern. On top of all this, their customer service is TOP NOTCH. Their chat service is nothing Ive ever seen before and they are on top of it all! You can even request features and they LISTEN!!! That is rare.

Cons

It's not easy to use on mobile. They are coming out with an app but it's more for use by the mechanics. I wish it was easier to use on my phone.

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

We loved that our previous software had a customer portal and that's why it took us long to make the switch. But the customer service was slow and bugs took long to get fixed. We got impatient.

Charles from IPOR Inc

Great customer service

Pros

Customer service, hands down. The software is relatively problem free but should you need help finding a feature or even adding one that wasn't there before this company is super responsive. Quick, accurate responses that save you time and money. Practical use is good, the ability to add canned services for commonly sold packages is great. They've recently added the ability to move line items between and within services - sounds small but anything that helps provide more clear communication w/customer is great and the SMS feature, with pictures, is great for that.

Cons

Like most automotive packages some tie in's don't work well - carfax (separate product that SM integrates with) has plenty of problems but that's the carfax product not SM. Same with the parts/labor lookup. Invoicing and reporting are not as feature rich as other platforms. Things like "sales tax" reports should be integrated into any invoicing package but SM does not handle tax well.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

Cost, flexibility. We stayed because the customer support is so good. Fishbowl is far more powerful and suits our business well but their customer support was terrible and after 3 years bugs we pointed out the first week were still not fixed.

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

I didn't really, we still use QB but not for invoicing or customer communications.

Megan from Miami Valley Truck Center

Easy to Learn & Fantastic Customer Support!

Pros

This software is the opposite of "clunky." It's easy to navigate and learn quite rapidly. I love how you can customize the workflow based on your own shop's processes. Being able to take pictures of needed repairs and send them via text/e-mail directly to the customer is one of our favorite features. Showing the customer what's actually wrong with their truck or trailer provides transparency and strengthens trust with our company. The messages and pictures save right into the estimate so everything for that repair is all in the same place. Customer support is very responsive. I've never had to wait more than a couple of hours to get help (most of the time it's a response within a few minutes.) A few times, I've needed support on bigger customized things that was more than a quick fix. They always took the initiative to stay in touch with me (instead of me tracking them down for an update).

Cons

There are a few features that I wish were available (such as a mobile app), but the customer support team is always listening to features the customers want. They have a dedicated page where you can request features and you can comment and vote on other people's requests. You can see what features they approved and are working on at the moment (the mobile app is one of them.) Even if there's something you don't like about the software, chances are they are already working on improving it or adding that feature if you just ask! Best thing about Shopmonkey: It's super easy to get started using and once you do, you have a great team standing by willing to improve it based on their customer's feedback. We are very satisfied customers. Oh and we love that it's cloud based so our mobile technicians can use it outside of the shop.

Derik from Project Reality Automotive Tuning And Service (PRATS)

Stellar Customer Service! Efficient and user friendly

Beyond excellent!

Pros

First off: The customer service is beyond impeccable. Everyone is kind, knowledgable, informative, and proactive. The Shopmonkey staff listens to their customers and puts they're are constantly improving their software to suite their entire customer base. They are the kind of business that not only reads what's in the customer suggestion box, but actually implements the suggestions. The software: Simple, in the sense that it is very user friendly. The 3 different tiers make it easier for smaller shops to have a reliable platform to start with. It also provides lager high volume shops with the tools needed to work as efficiently as possible. Many service writing programs are littered with tabs, drop menus, pages, silly graphics, and so on, which results in a cluttered and confusing screen - especially for the trainee. Simply put, my 13 year old nephew can use Shopmonkey software with ease with out mistakes.

Cons

Not really a con: occasionally I come across a something like not having the option to select AWD in the vehicle description. It used be that you could only select FWD 2WD or RWD. Once a suggestion was made, in a short period of time they had updated this feature and every typical configuration was available. Like I said before, Shopmonkey reads the notes in the suggestion box and implements what makes sense.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

I tried a few different trial periods with other cloud based service writing software companies, and then trying shop monkey. I was sold after the first day and never looked back.

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

Customer Service, Price, User Freindliness, customizable plans, no long term contracts, I could use it anywhere with cell service, helpful and accurate instructions on how to use new or unfamiliar features.... etc.. Oh, and did I mention fantastic customer service?

Alex from Precision Diesel Performance

Best Switch we could have made

Pros

Shopmonkey is extremely user friendly. All of our technicians log their daily work/hours and they say its the easiest thing they have ever used. The reporting system makes my life very easy since I am in the office doing all the accounting. Being able to add tags and put notes in is great as well and they are color coded so they stand out!

Cons

We do a lot of custom jobs here and it would be great if multiple technicians could punch into one section of a job at a time. Another feature I think would be really useful is having the last 8 digits of the VIN number more prominent for ease when calling the dealership.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

The other system seemed very intense and wayyyy too much info.

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

A big problem that we found was that when you were writing in labor descriptions you couldn't see the whole story as you were typing so you would have to save it each time, re read, then try to find the spot that needs to be edited. Caused a lot of time lost.

Hannah from Precision Motorsports, Inc.

Love, Love, Love Shopmonkey!!!

My overall experience has been great! It was totally stress-free switching over from our other software. The support team imported all of our contacts and parts info from the software we'd been using. Shopmonkey is just so easy to learn to use! Everything is so intuitive. If you do have trouble, the support team is literally just a click away and respond super fast! I love being able to offer online payments to my customers as a payment option. I really love being able to communicate with customers through text/email right through the software. Can send an estimate or invoice with the click of a button instead of having to save it as a PDF then opening up my email account and attaching the doc. The workflow feature is so great because it helps us stay organized with our customers! Sticky notes are a thing of the past for me now!

Pros

It is very easy to use! There is little to no learning curve. Very intuitive! Also, has some really great features that I'm loving! Everything works seamlessly! It's a lot of fun to use! Shopmonkey's support team is probably my favorite feature! These guys are phenomenal! No having to call into a tech support line and waiting on hold! Just send a message through Shopmonkey's chat feature and they respond within a minute or two. They've been able to answer my questions every time. They haven't let me down once.

Cons

I can't really think of anything I don't like about Shopmonkey! I'm looking forward the release of the mobile app!

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

I just knew pretty quickly that Shopmonkey was for me. Once I did the walk-through with one of the support guys, I really liked it. At the end of my trial period, I was sold. I'd been nervous about having to learn a new software, but Shopmonkey was so easy to learn. And it's a lot of fun to use! Once I realized how great the support team is, I knew I had nothing to worry about!

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

Tracs is lacking A LOT of features that Shopmonkey offers that I knew would be helpful to our business! Shopmonkey really is cutting edge.

Don from Rubidoux Tire and Brake

Shop Monkey Review

Shop Monkey runs my whole shop on a daily basis, its the first thing I open when my system comes online and the last thing I close when I go home. it manages my employees time, customers, scheduling, parts and my daily workload, not to mention all the financial data you need to run your shop. When I started with shop monkey I required a software to help guide me in the right direction and have everything needed that maybe I would not have thought of to run and manage my business. I will admit at the very beginning I found some things missing and with some struggles. But the support and growth of Shop monkey quickly rose to meet my needs. Shop monkey team worked on every one of my requests and concerns and built it in to the success it is today and at a very quickly pace, working though all my needs. I am very satisfied in the direction it has and is going. I'm excited to see the next new things that come to production in the software.

Pros

It had a new updated technology look and feel to it, was not the old typical updated Green screen look with some windows added. Was easy to navigate, and I was looking for a web based software that I did not have to constantly be upgrading software hardware and OS to keep running.

Cons

Was missing some of the deep in depth business functions, that have mostly been added already. it needed more functionality in administration of users functionality and controls. that have also been fixed. Reporting was missing features and has been much improved.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

I will give you a quick idea of my background so what I say here has more weight. I left automotive to go into IT and was an IT engineer for 22 years before going back to automotive, so I have a very deep understanding of technology and software and knew what was best for me and my shop. I chose Look and Feel and newer generation of software platform to the others that where old software redesigned to look pretty, but because they are all build on older platform software they will have to rediscover and rebuild to get to the next generation software like shop monkey. I didn't want to have to go through that kind of transition later when the other companies realize they need to catch up and while in the middle of running a busy shop. so I went with one that was already built for the next generation of software.Thank you!

Chris from Vinyl ink

Excellent software for automotive related businesses!

With the system only being about 2 years in development, Shopmonkey has outdone other programs which have been around for many years. The owner of Shopmonkey, Ashot... has been EXTREMELY accommodating in pushing features into the app which we otherwise would not be able to function without. He literally EARNED my business. I would note that it may been under unique circumstances though. My automotive related business was a little different than their existing services which they supported. We actually do vehicle wraps and vinyl graphics for personal vehicles as well as commercial advertising. I believe that Ashot saw a need to support these features in an attempt to expand the reach of his software to include my industry. The near future for us with Shopmonkey looks extremely promising. The planned features will incorporate practically everything we could ever ask for from this app, if not more. Our shop workflow relies on this system and Shopmonkey has truly made our POS/CRM system so much more seamless. Customer interactions function directly through the app, so everything is in one place and easier to track. I am truly impressed and thankful to have found these guys.

Pros

This app is extremely intuitive and thoughtful. Where many apps fail on UI, Shopmonkey has excelled at providing a beautiful interface with features that make sense. The customer service is unparalleled with in-app chat, directly connecting you with the developers and Shopmonkey LISTENS... they have an amazing feedback section which allows users to post app suggestions, comment on suggestions and rate them up! Once Shopmonkey moves the features into planning or development stage, the suggestions get tagged as such and the features that were requested, actually get incorporated into the app!! Maybe not all of them, but whatever makes sense of course and whatever has the most demand.

Cons

If I had to say what I "liked the least" about the software... would be that it was still in it's early stages and still being developed. This isn't exactly a huge downfall and there are actually advantages of this like the fact that I feel we have a bit more leeway to get features we want incorporated... but.. certain features that are a bit more advanced or just plainly further down on their development roadmap, well those are just things that we have to wait for... excitedly. There 'are' negatives associated with software which is in its early steps.. some people may not be able to work with features that may be temporarily "buggy" or lacking. I personally am a "little" anal retentive with things like this... but after searching for software which was available to my industry... and using many different application "free trials"... I saw something in Shopmonkey which didn't exist with anything else I could find on the market. So, in short... the things that I like the least... are by far outweighed by the things I like about the app.

Sean from Mule Expedition Outfitters

Great product with top notch customer support

As a Service Advisor for 17 years in the dealership world I worked with all of the major dealer management software and a couple of the smaller ones too. There is no perfect solution for every business but the Shopmonkey team does an excellent job of providing a lot of the features present in the major DMS at a fraction of the cost. Anything in my review I marked at 4 stars is because currently I feel it could be improved upon. With Shopmonkey I feel like they will continue to improve their software and have seen evidence of that in the time I've used it. If you were just to use Shopmonkey for scheduling and customer contact I feel it is worth the money. That is the original reason we started using it and then we began using it for tracking technician efficiency and other reports. As I said in the title the customer support is excellent and when you ask a question of them they do a great job of showing they are interested and that you are not just contacting a random call center.

Pros

The messaging features are very good and pretty easy to use. The amount of time saved in the day having the ability to text and email customers directly through the system instead of playing phone tag is impossible to put a price tag on. Scheduling is easy to use and functional as well. We don't use it for actual invoicing but use the system for time tracking and efficiency reports for my technicians and it is good for that role. I've looked at the invoicing side and it looks well integrated. It is also fairly easy to train people that are not super computer savvy on this system which boosts efficiency. Time is money and Shopmonkey can help you save time.

Cons

It's hard to put a finger on this because whenever a fault is found they are very responsive to fixing it or explaining how to do it when it is end user error.

Shah from SSR Performance

Insanely happy since day 1!

continued from 'Cons: What did you like least about this software?'... Also the amount that the customer is being charged should be forced to be typed in. Have had many situations when you are trying to get the customer out when they are in a rush and the accidental amount is fully showed "paid". Thankfully my team has caught it every time that mistake is made, but I am sure that this will soon cause issues when it is accidentally overlooked. All that simply needs to happen is that the autofill for the amount has to be removed. This will allow the user to be able to enter the information themselves properly.

Pros

This software makes running a shop so much easier and simpler. It helps the whole team stay on track and leaves little to no room for error or miscommunication!

Cons

There are a few "basic features" that in my opinion are no-brainers that we have already made the support team aware of. - Reports needs to be more customizable so that we can easily calculate real gross profit (the most important thing in any business) that comes into the shop and also be able to categorize it by service writer. From my understanding and from what I have seen it can only be calculated for all invoices that have been made, and not just paid invoices in the 'profitability' report. Given that everything is already tracked all we would need is a way to have a report that allows us to use every filter there is. 'Zayn' from our team has already brought this up to the support team for Shop Monkey, hopefully it will be implemented very soon. - There needs to be a way to enter in "completion dates" for each vehicle so that there can be a separate work flow for "deadlines" that are coming up along with notifications that are customizable (i.e. "notify the team 3 days before completion date", "notify the team on the day of completion date"). Already brought up to the team by Shah. - When entering in a payment and a full payment is made, there should be some kind of option so that the order goes directly into the "Invoices" section of workflow. Maybe a check box that just closes the deal. Because remembering to move it over every single time when you have a customer in front of you waiting to get you to take him / her to their car its easy to forget.

Tinamarie from Seyfer Specialties

Super Satisfied

I feel so much more organized and that I am communicating with my customer properly.

Pros

Ease of use, I love that it transfers to Quickbooks, I can send estimates and invoices to my customers via email and text, and I like the different views so I can get an overall idea of going on in the shop at anytime. The other thing I love is the pricing matrix...this makes it so easy to charge what I need to without having to do any calculations on each ticket.

Cons

I wouldn't say I don't like anything...but I would like to see this tool allow me to send out emails to all my customers, invites and promotions. I would also like to see an application for the tool so that my guys can time in easier.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

I like that it is web-based, the look and feel of this product is better and I love the customer service at Shopmonkey -- they always answer my questions right away when I open the chat box. I don't have time to call in an account manager or set up a training - I can learn on my own and got to start using it right away. I

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

I had to build it myself and it did not do everything I needed

Lisa from Vintage Iron and Restoration

Shopmonkey - Glad we switched! No regrets!

Great product...and it just keeps getting better. Our invoices are more detailed (and accurate). Our employees and shop manager can see the amount of time they have logged into a particular activity within a job (they couldn't do this before). The ease of communication (and the tracking of those conversations) with our customers is also very nice. Love the quick response time from Shopmonkey staff and their willingness to listen to suggestions.

Pros

Everything is better than what we were using before but the feature we like best is the ability to clock into and track time on individual activities within a bigger job. I also like that it's still a work in process and that the staff at Shopmonkey is interested in the ideas of it's users. They are very fast in responding to an issue.

Cons

We are more of a restoration shop than a repair shop - so our jobs are often bigger jobs that require periodic billing to the customer. We have created some work arounds to make this work for our company but there really isn't an ideal "out of the box" solution with this software. Note: Our work arounds are still better than what we were using previously...

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

We chose Shopmonkey because it was developed for our specific industry and understood our needs better. Glad we did!

Dimitri from Cal Oaks Auto Repair

We love Shopmonkey

We LOVE it. Shopmonkey has increased our productivity and organization in the shop.

Pros

We like the novelty of the software. The software we were using was old-school and not too user friendly. Shopmonkey is user friendly and anyone can learn it simply by navigating through it and/or watching a few YouTube videos. We also love that we can send our customers messages when we create their appointments and reminders. We noticed that we have less no shows after using this feature. Our customers love the reminders as well. Sending the estimates via text message has also increased the authorization rates. Customers can look at the estimate, read our notes and authorize the job with a click of a button. We also appreciate the customer support which has been a huge asset in learning and navigating the software with ease. Communicating with customers has become easier with Shopmonkey. We usually get busy toward the end of the day when customers are picking up...while we're busy we can notify customers that their car is ready via text message. We also love the workflow feature to keep us updated throughout the day and to keep our customers updated as well. The workflow feature has allowed us to stop using the white board. More oganization. Shopmonkey can be used on any computer and tablet; therefore, we can check the calendar from home if we want to. Can't forget the calendar feature as well showing us our appointments for the day.

Cons

The mileage being required before printing an invoice. Basically not allowing us to print an invoice if we didn't input the mileage out. It is a big liability if we forget to enter the mileage out.

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

We switched from Mitchell's shop key because it was old looking and it didn't have the features we have right now with shopmonkey.

Tad from KSR Performance & Fabrication

Changed our business!

As a small high-performance automotive fabrication shop, we had operated for years using yellow note pads, pieces of paper and our memory. We knew we could not go to the next level without getting a computer based, QuickBooks compatible, trackable and reliable system in place. We found that in Shopmonkey! Having a team of people that are literally minutes way from a chat response is unheard of. We have asked [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] a million plus questions and they just keep coming back and asking what else they can do to make the platform work better for us. Shopmonkey has definitely given us the tools we need to take this shop as big as we can imagine! Thanks Guys!

Pros

Shopmonkey helps us do everything better. The ability to track tech time on each project, pull reports on labor hours per project or collectively, build and maintain what we call "active invoices" that can be shared with the customer (and receive payments & deposits) at any time during their build by email or text, great integration with QuickBooks, importing parts pricing lists from our vendors (23,000+) so we can see our costs and MAP right in the invoice, a great built in system for collecting and managing work requests right from or own website........ and on and on and on! One last very important Pro...... CUSTOMER SERVICE IS INCREDIBLE!

Cons

A combination of growing pains from moving a small "paper only" shop to a computer tracking system and a sometimes changeling process of fitting a full custom performance fabrication business into a format originally designed for more traditional automotive services. These could have been too big of a stumbling block, but as stated in the "Pros", the Customer Service Team continue to do as they promised and walk us through every step. They even work hard to modify the platform to better fit our type of shop. Do we come across glitches, sure, but they small and the team is quick to try and resolve them.

Jeff from Good Vibes Garage

A Refreshingly Simple Solution for the Auto Repair Industry that Brings us Into the 21st Century

We are using the system to run an auto repair shop with five technicians. Our lead mechanic with 25 years experience in the industry working for several different shops and dealerships is blown away with the ease of use and loves communicating with clients through ShopMonkey. We have the system installed on several mobile devises that our techs carry throughout the shop, which makes inspections, quotes, work orders and customer communication extremely efficient. The customer messaging system (which I was skeptical of at first) is great, and our customers are really happy to use it. This makes documentation of approvals seamless and saves us a huge amount of time trying to call and talk to customers. We have the system integrated with Stripe and Quickbooks, so accepting payments and book keeping is competently taken care of. Our customers can't believe how easy it is to set up an appointment, get notifications of quotes, messages to and from our techs, and then they can just pay online with a credit card when they are notified their car is done. They look at us like we're crazy for making the process so easy for them, having been so used to the old way of interacting with repair shops. We have also found that this streamlined customer interaction is building trust with our customers as there is compete transparency with the work they are approving and paying for. Thank you ShopMonkey!

Pros

Completely online allowing us to go totally paperless. Lightening fast quote generation that seamlessly ties to labor guides. A simple and effective customer messaging system that our customers actually want to use! Easy to understand reports with no extra baggage that are easily filtered. Stripe and QuickBooks integration that just works. A support team that is ultra responsive and quick to implement new ideas. Absolutely no downtown or system errors. It is so nice that someone finally brought the auto repair industry into the 21st century!

Cons

Nothing. It is EXACTLY what I want. Looking forward to more integrations and features as the team advances the software.

Ellen from TDI Repair & Towing Service

Shop Monkey is USER Friendly~

We have had a GREAT overall experience! We were so nervous taking the leap because we have depended on our current program for ten years. So far we are not disappointed The customer service is OUTSTANDING! Within minutes I have an answer no matter how many questions I have a day!

Pros

We really liked how easy it was to navigate through the system, its really hard to mess anything up because there is so much availability to do things the way you feel comfortable with!

Cons

Just that there is not as much for Tractor and Trailer Repair as that as what we do, we took a leap doing it but has fit us just fine!

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

Although there are similarities, there was a lot with Full Bay that would not be utilized, we have an older generation here that just would be very frustrated so we wanted to make this jump smooth

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

Just wanted something fresh, user friednly

Josh from Service 658

Shopmonkey Review by Service 658

The thing that I like most about the software is the support. If there is ever a question or concern that myself or my team have, the Shopmonkey support team is fast and extremely helpful. The program checks almost every box that our business needs to operate. The boxes the program does not check, they are in the process of implementing with their amazing engineering team.

Pros

Creating a repair order is exceedingly simple. Our company model of after-hours fleet maintenance requires that our technicians have to create repair orders, thus having a program that is simple to use makes life better. Plus, our clients love the text communication feature.

Cons

There are some items that Shopmonkey does not have that would help my business. For instance, batch payment so that I can apply payments to my fleet charge accounts more easily. However, that is being developed with their engineering team and scheduled to roll out soon.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

Shopmonkey had the best screen view while also decoding heavy duty truck VIN's (which was a must for our business). Also, from the beginning of the demo, it was clear that Shopmonkey had the superior support team. Choosing Shopmonkey has been one of the best decisions we have made for our business.

Tessa from T Squared Automotive Repair

Overall the experience with Shopmonkey has been a positive one. When problems have arisen the support team have been fantastic to deal with and have taken feature requests in stride. I feel that the members of support that I have dealt with genuinely want to help and care about me as a customer.

Pros

Easy to use. Quick to learn. Visually appealing. Easy for customers to understand. Integrated communication with customers. Awesome support staff with usually no wait time. Prompt resolution to problems. Listening to customer feature requests. Suggested: -Ways to process warranty, ie show what it cost the shop while still zeroing prices for customer. Would show as a complete loss to the company. -Way to set up customers that may be tax exempt, ie car dealers who are PST exempt. -Better options for procedures and labour time look ups, I understand Motor is available but it would be nice to have other options that are more in depth than Motor. -Better Reporting. Profit/ loss report. PST report. GST report.

Cons

Flaws with use of this software in Canada, ie nickel rounding on cash invoices. Penny rounding on most invoices is incorrect due to a rounding logic error. The logic to integrate with Quickbooks is flawed for Canadian use. There is no way to process warranties that shows a zero dollar amount for the customer without applying a discount.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

We chose Shopmonkey for a number of reasons. Ease of use. Quick to learn. Visually appealing. Easy for customers to understand. Integrated communication with customers. The response from the support team was also another thing that factored into our decision to use this software in our shop.

Scott from EasyTire Mobile AutoCare

Shopmonkey Review

Overall excellent experience.

Pros

Integration with QBooks was a breeze. The workflow feature is a game changer. The development/support group are the very best in the industry. They take future features very seriously and have made it easy to recommend changes and crowd support recommendations from other users.

Cons

We would like a more powerful "Search Everything" feature, right down to parts, phone numbers, and invoice amounts. The software is expensive to begin with, so adding Canadian exchange on top is painful. The app was a long time coming and is currently in beta. Hoping that changes our iPad user experience. The biggest bugaboo we have is running Ontario plates. Nearly 50% do not return to a vehicle, and some return data is incorrect (Mazda 3 and should be a Tesla).

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

Workflow is the deciding factor.

Mark from The Bike Hub

Form and Function

It's been very smooth across the board. We brought it on as an appointment scheduling tool as well as a Mobile Repair Potential when we're out on jobs and delivering bikes for pick up or drop off.

Pros

As a bike shop owner things have to be organized. The system allows me to quickly organize a large docket of requests and organize them by priority and types of requests. This is huge because it allows us to quickly communicate to our customers and give them realistic expectations prior to their arrival.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about the feature is not having implemented it earlier and in hopes that it will integrate more into other POS assets. We currently have it integrated onto our website and is working smoothly - ideally if it were able to integrate with our POS system that would be perfect. It would be nice to create contracts and subscriptions that are based around small businesses like ours as well or have flex plans but all in all I think what you're offering is of fair value. We're still moving off our old system and training the staff on the new system is the only hurdle in that we are back logged on the old one.

Shaun from Drive Motor Garage, Inc

20 Years I.T. Developer Now Owner Of Classic Auto Restoration Shop

It is great pipeline and project management functions, with all the key functions of business and accounting operations baked in. We can see what projects are in the various pipelines of production, and techs can pick away at the jobs lined up in their queue. With the integration to Intuit, this is a killer software for gearheads who don't want to be sitting in front of a computer doing the mundane and boring side of business. Turn more wrenches... Make loads of $$$

Pros

Fast, Simple, and features business owners, and project managers would kill to have. Nothing out there compares to ShopMonkey. I was on the verge of making my own software for our new Classic Auto Restoration Company, but then found ShopMonkey. It's like they downloaded all of my desired features of shop management software from my brain and built it just for me. Now I can just build badass cars and trucks and let ShopMonkey do the rest!!

Cons

Hard to find as Ashot and his team are constantly one step ahead of what our needs are. Keep up the great work!!

Isabella from American XL Automotive

Shopmonkey Review from American XL Automotive

The customer service within Shopmonkey has been extremely helpful and informative. Anytime we have needed any assistance we were provided with not only helpful answers, but links to Shopmonkey's help pages with more related information, exemplar screenshots and diagrams regarding a solution to our problem/question.

Pros

Something we really enjoy about using Shopmonkey is that not only does it help us create automotive estimates for our customers, but it helps us understand all parts of the services being provided for the customer. Shopmonkey provides diagrams and an extensive list of the system being serviced when a service is added to an estimate which allows for us to give a more thorough explanation to the customer regarding their vehicle repairs. Shopmonkey can also be easily navigated through and we've found that even when there is a feature we cannot find or are interested in implementing, the online support chat has been extremely open to helping us find a feature or incorporating a new feature into the software.

Cons

Adding reminders for appointments for the user as well as the customer would be extremely helpful. It would be nice to have an additional confirmation if a new appointment overlaps another appointment confirming this overlap was intended or generating awareness if it was by mistake. Another feature that would be nice would be adding reminders for vehicles who may be in need of a service based on previous services. For example, if the oil was changed 3,000-5,000 miles ago a reminder that the oil may need to be changed due to the new recorded mileage would be very helpful if feesable.

Wills from Windows and Wheels Auto Detailing

Almost 2 years in and it's still making us $ weekly

Ive spoken with many members of the SM team, from the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on down. Ive yet to encounter someone whos unwilling to enthusiastically help us. Sm has make the connection from Customer>Administrative>Technician much more seamless. Our clients love the text reminders, professional quotes and ability to text us back with questions or comments. If you want ORGANIZATION of your auto business, this will do it.

Pros

The customer service and consistent updates of the software is def. top notch. They listen to users and their needs , provide excellent chat feedback and webinars on how to further implement the features of their software.

Cons

Currently the only con I would say is the lack of an actual phone app. However, they've told us by end of year it should be released - cant wait!

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

Features, customer service and consistent upgrades and features being added.

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

Much better features, way fewer bugs, competitive pricing and SM is geared towards automotive shops where as with other softwares you have to do a ton of customization to get it to fit your business model.

Joseph from Fort Worth Autowerks

A trained monkey...

Shop Monkey went to the source for solving problems. Shops! With all that is required for managing a multiple bay, multiple tech shop, Shop Monkey took the time, and they still take the time, to engage with their client base to learn from their users. They are continually making a better, more streamlined product that a trained monkey could learn to use.

Pros

If you can set up and manage a social media page....then you can set up and manage a Shop Monkey page. It is very user intuitive. Shop Monkey has always been lightning fast with replies to concerns, questions or recommendations from users. It is seamless to assess reports and send them to Quick Books or to our CPA. Tracking sales, profit margins and an ability for our tech's to use it as well are all only added benefits.

Cons

Honestly....(Not getting paid from Shop Monkey, and yes, I am a real user), there is very little that I don't like about the software.

Aaron from HP Garage

SHOPMONKEY KEEPS OUR BUISNESS RUNNING!

My overall experience with Shopmonkey has been a great pleasure as they make my day and workflow move smoothly and as it should while providing me with more tools then I need. I look forward to growing my business with the help of such a great software platform to work with!

Pros

It is easy to use, easy to learn, easy to communicate with staff members. keeps tract of everything needed to keep an automotive repair shop running smooth without valuable information getting missed or forgotten. Shopmonkey keeps our shop running smoothly and making sure we are making the money we need for our services.

Cons

I cant put my finger on a part of the program i dislike. there is such good communication in the shopmonkey community as well as direct communication with the development team that if anything does come up where something is proving difficult or just harder then needs be or something could be added to improve work flow, the team is there to listen and make improvements! It's a community and a supportive one. In the business world, that is something that is hard to find these days.

Gabrielle from RennSpec Industries

Absolutely the BEST software for any automotive business

You can stop reading reviews. EVERYONE loves this app. If you have an automotive business, this is the app you need.

Pros

The Software Support Team is the #1 reason to use this software. Any company can build an app that functions, but the team at Shopmonkey has not only built an amazing app, but they are always available to fix any bugs you may run into immediately. They are constantly in the process of growing the app and adapting it to their clients use. They care about you, your business and how the software works for you. Beyond their support, the app features are virtually perfect and always growing. The ability to send text confirmations and receipts to clients got me hooked. The way they've set up the intended workflow is simple, but powerful. There is no jumping from screen to screen to complete one task or look up information.

Cons

This app only supports quickbooks online for accounting integration and Stripe payment gateway for in-app payments. I use XERO and Paypal for my business - literally the only downfall. While having these integrations would be nice, the value of this product as a whole makes up for anything it lacks.

RYAN from Portland Performance LLC

Fantastic work order & customer management software for your shop!

Shopmonkey's customer service is stellar. Their development team is always very fast to respond to any request, and is actively updating it with new value-add features with good frequency. It's been great to work with them so far as I transition my shop to their platform. Customers are loving it, and I am much more organized! I surveyed 8 separate applications/web tools to manage my shop, and chose Shopmonkey above the others in almost every function I needed. I guarantee you will not be able to find a tool with as many features, with anywhere web-based access, that works as well as this does.

Pros

As someone that has a significant IT and process improvement background, I have a lot of appreciation for Shopmonkey's style of managing work and customer communication. I received countless compliments from customers as I moved them over to this platform. They really appreciate how transparent the entire work order process is for them, from the initial quote all the way to receiving a paid invoice. This app allows me to run my shop almost entirely paperless, with the exception of vendor invoices :).

Cons

I would like to see an iphone/android app that functions as well as the web interface. The design of the interface is beautiful on an iPad Pro, Laptop, Desktop, etc, but is too large to reasonably use on smaller devices. That said, my entire shop is run on larger devices so that poses little problem to me, unless I'm out and about, and need to login to view work order information without my iPad. More of a request for development to improve usability than a con.

Bez from Levity Vans Inc

Time-saving product, erased our stress, amazing customer service

I asked them if I could write a review because we like their product so much. Our customers now say things in their reviews of OUR company like, "This shop is so organized and professional - they send reminders about appointments and invoices over text so everyone knows exactly what's going on." That's not us - that's Shopmonkey!! We're a small (growing) team. Before Shopmonkey, one of our weak points as a business was "dropping" customers inadvertently because their calls or emails got lost in the sea of interest. That doesn't happen anymore and we almost exclusively communicate with customers through Shopmonkey.

Pros

We own and run a van conversion shop. Shopmonkey has literally saved us hundreds of hours of stress and disorganization - and we've only been using it for 4 months. The layout is intuitive, the workflow ensures we don't drop customers, their invoicing is far more elegant than what we were using previous (QBO). Their customer service is first-class - fun, helpful people who are always there to solve problems and hear our requests for new features. I can't imagine running our shop and NOT using it now that we know what it feels like to have everything in one place.

Cons

There are some features we are hoping will come out soon, like the ability to communicate within the software with techs or other service writers, synching the calendar with Google cal, and being able to send purchase orders directly to vendors. Several of our biggest problems/desired features with the software recently were added in the latest upgrade!

Drew from Classic Cars LLC

Great Features, Excellent Support, Frequent updates

Quicker accounting processes. Less time spent on the computer, more time in the shop. Great for tracking employee hours.

Pros

I like how well the software 'flows'. It is pretty quick to learn and become efficient with. I especially like the support team. They are constantly listening to their customers and improving the software!

Cons

I currently don't have any cons. As with any business software, there are times when you have to adapt the software to your situation, but then any of the small things that I was bothered by end up getting addressed in a future update.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

Better Flow. Easier to work-through the flow process.

Kristina from Tom's Foreign Autohouse, Inc

Changed our business!!

I LOVE the fact that we finally look professional!!! I love hearing the positive feed back from our customers on all levels, from the appointment reminders, to the email final receipts so we are not wasting paper! I love that I have been able to close my waiting room during this COVID -19 pandemic and do all customer contact over the web. I was even able to send a customized message with the message tab letting our customers know how we are conducting business at this time. Just so many cool things I love about this program and so EASY to use!!

Pros

That we can email, text and have customers authorize directly from their phone or email. The layout is so nice and easy to see. Love that I can just type in a style of a car and it shows me all we have worked on, in case I have forgotten a customer name. Just so many great features!!!

Cons

Nothing really, I was running on a hand written system that had the potential of having so many clerical and addition errors with my husband adding things up on his own.

Rebecca from Dougs Buggs N Bunnies

Easy to use/implement

So far we are very happy with Shopmonkey, all of our staff has picked it up very quickly - it is a no nonsense approach to inventory, service orders, keeping in contact with customers and building a user-friendly database. Oh and it communicates with QuickBooks, flawlessly....need I say more.... We're in!

Pros

Shopmonkey is very easy to set up/get started. Importing our data was incredibly easy, this software is the most user-friendly point of sale I've worked with!!

Cons

There seems to be a bit of functionality that is missing (i.e processing a return) - however when I reach out to support they respond in real time with solutions and ensure me that the issue at hand will be addressed.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

I first chose Fullbay and was greatly disappointed. I had gone with Fullbay as I thought it offered more functionality than Shopmonkey - I was sadly mistaken, it was not user-friendly and my techs really struggled with it. Sense making the switch to Shopmonkey moral is up, our inventory is in order, service orders are neat and organized, accounting is on track, we couldn't be happier!

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

We made the switch as the software we were using was very convoluted and took far too many steps to get anything accomplished, also, it did not communicate with QB the way I needed it too and the inventory tracker was not accurate.

Cheryl from Skunkworks Performance & Restoration

Shopmonkey Review

Overall experience with Shopmonkey has been very good. It has helped in many ways.

Pros

Cons

What I like least about this software is that when you look at the pricing page at the bottom where it says payments and the charges seems like there is an extra charge to each of the packages. It should clarify that it is for the credit card processing and that it is optional because it did not look like it was and when I asked I found out it was.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

We decided on Shopmonkey instead of the other products because they had great customer service, available to answer questions immediately without me having to call and wait on hold. Also, it was more user friendly for the owner who does not like technology.

Alex from Highline Motorsports Group, LLC.

Highline Motorsports Group, LLC. Shopmonkey Review

We took a gamble jumping on board and have been extremely pleased with the Shop Monkey software. The guys running it are easy to get ahold of, receptive to bug issue changes, and talk to you like an actual person vs. some tech support agent from overseas reading off a prompt. All the functionality we need as a shop we can do with it, its been an invaluable tool for us as we are a new shop and any assets we can get to help us get going are awesome to have. I would absolutely recommend Shop Monkey to any small or large shop out there!

Pros

The UI design is very modern, fluid and well put together. Looks great and works great as well. Functionality such as being able to simply text/email customers notes, estimates, questions, etc. instead of having to spend time on the phone is fantastic. The design is very self-explanatory for the most part and easy to jump right in and start using. Tech support is excellent, am able to talk directly to the guys who build the software often within 30 seconds of needing support, and they take suggestions for improvements and apply them quite often. We previously used a very popular shop management software and hated it, made the jump to Shop Monkey and have not been disappointed.

Cons

Nothing major to report, just a few odds and ends here and there, few functionality/display issues, but tech support is always right on top of it and releases are put out relatively often with bug fixes.

Mike from Air Cooled Express

EXACTLY what every Independant shop needs.

If I have ever had a question it is answered within minutes... that's unheard of. I like that as much as the software itself.

Pros

This product is easy to learn, easy to use and always improving with new features. Customer support is second to none. By far one of the best investments I have ever made for my 5 man shop. I can now manage it with confidence. And it is a subscription based service so If I ever have a change of heart I can walk away. *That's not likely to happen.

Cons

Nothing, when users have a suggestion it is posted to a user forum and users vote for the idea. If it is a good idea it is implemented.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

I fell in love with it during the FREE TRIAL that nobody else offered me. I made the decision to subscribe before the trial was over.

Tyler from Woodard RV

Shop monkey!!!!

There are so many PROS to using shop monkey, the biggest overall factor when it comes to using any system is Organization and Shopmonkey is just that, by far the most organized and user friendly system ive every used. Shopmonkey has integrations for all taxes and records which make things even easier. One very excellent system. Along with a well built system would be the customer support behind their product If any problems arise i have never had to wait more than 5 minutes for the team to help me through it every step of the way. Shopmonkey has turned our shop into a proficient machine and i do not see any other way to do it. I will recommend shop monkey to any business owner or manager!

Pros

There are so many PROS to using Shopmonkey. Customer support, Fantastic system!!, Organization, Productivity tracking, messaging directly to clients, internal notes, Quickbooks integrations, VIN lookup, profitability tracking and the biggest one is the work flow!

Cons

There are always cons to systems but i have yet to find a CON with shop monkey!

NAOMI from Wicked Wrench Co.

Absolutely Love this software!!

Shopmonkey gets it, they understand what we need and are always right there if we have questions or suggestions!

Pros

It's modern and up to date. I can text customers quotes(and they can authorize), paid receipts, invoices, appointment reminders. I can log in from home or in the car on my phone and check everything. We are a new shop that opened in 2018, I stumbled upon Shopmonkey and was thrilled, signed up immediately for the trial, best business decision we made, makes our lives easier how everything works. Every user can be personalized with what the can see and do, the reports are seamless. Most of all our customers love the online quotes, texting etc.

Cons

Nothing, Shopmonkey team is always updating and improving the software.

Jacob from Dundon Motorsports, LLC

Shopmonkey made me like the process.

Love it, customer service via chat is extremely fast and everyone on the team has a great sense of humor.

Pros

Software is very straightforward, fast and easy to build invoices, and add parts to inventory. The ability to text message clients is an absolute game changer and everyone of my clients loves it. We all love how the reports seem to make a game out of earning money.

Cons

Being an early user they have changed a few interface items that I got used to using, so there have been a couple times when I had to relearn some things. Not at all a big issue though, as many of those changes have been huge improvements.

Reasons for Choosing Shopmonkey

Faster, easier, cloud based, text and message features.

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

Looking for something faster and easier to use.

George from SGK Performance

Shopmonkey makes life easy at auto repair shop

Daily quoting and invoicing became a breeze.

Pros

No bugs, fast, customer support, works as advertised!

Cons

Some features are missing that were available in ARC, system we used before. Namely around discounting and invoice templating.

Industry specific OOB features

Bugs, Performance, Uptime

Jason from Ace Auto Care

Changed my life...literally!

From start to finish, I have been very happy with the change over. Change is always hard, but this change was much easier than I had thought it would be.

Pros

The speed and attention to workflow had made my life so much better. I can concentrate on working with customers instead of working with software issues. The team is always there to help me get the most out of my needs and not trying to sell me another 'upgrade' to fix a problem as with other software. What you get with the Genius level is as good as I have ever seen with any of the shop management programs I have used.

Cons

I have simplified my shop invoicing and the changes are minor. Reports could have printouts instead of importing to excel. End of day close outs for cash drawers would be nice. Customer followup and promotion through mass mail. No Payment processing options though other card companies. These things are easily dealt with and only minor changes have been necessary to my shops procedures. Most of my proposed changes are already in the works!

Reasons for Switching to Shopmonkey

RO Writer was ancient in it's technology and after years of being told a fix was on the way, I just decided not to continue trying to run my shop with continually crashing software.

Chris from Quick Brakes LLC

Excellent Product / Excellent Support

The communication and follow-through with this company is superior. We are a small company and a single unit client and I have better service than in a former life when I managed data and analytics for a multi-billion dollar company and interacted with large, mature software organizations.

Pros

Shopmonkey is an incredibly easy, intuitive software package right out of the (virtual) box. Setup and personalization was very easy. Connecting to Quickbooks was similarly easy. Setting up pricing, adding inventory, building services - again, all intuitive and easy. Most importantly, my mechanic can add a customer and process a billing just as quickly and easily as my service writer can. The best part about the software is it is designed to be an all in one solution. Most automotive shops require multiple software providers to get all of the information needed - a POS system, an inventory system, a VIN lookup, etc. It is nice to be able to have all resources in one solution.

Cons

This is a young company and a young product and as such, some things are just not as well developed as they eventually will be. However, the development cycle is quick and the company is very responsive in prioritizing needs and getting them into production.