(1,110)

1,110

• Pros

• "I love how easy this product is to use and the amount of options that it offers "

• "Very easy to use and more versatile than other programs. "

• "It is really nice and easy to communicate with the families "

• Cons

• "Soft-ware is fine....it's the computer screen itself....needs an upgrade. "

• "Toggling between sections is sometimes a little difficult, but doesn't take long to figure out."

• "Least about this software is not user friendly, takes time to load, its okay the ease of use, lots of features "

Browse LifeCubby Reviews

Jasmine from Omnitracs

User friendly, efficient and immediate communication

Pros

10/10 software! This platform was great to have as a dance instructor! This minimizes the need for paperwork and gets rid of it completely. I feel like LifeCubby is a great way to have communication with parents without having them in the room with us. I absolutely love the tuition tracking. This platform is every companies dream if they deal with little ones!

Cons

I wish LifeCubby had more reports, and some of the ones that they have really need improvement. I also wished they had for parents when a incident happen is to do finger signing to sign off on the report. The cons for this company are worth it because I believe LifeCubby is worth every cent.

Response from LifeCubby

Replied May 2018

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby Jasmine! Please call the office or email me with your thoughts on the reports! We value your feedback. 614-423-7815

Robbin from The Robins Nest Childcare Center

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Challenges need addressing

It was difficult to lear initially and I still feel like we’re trying to figure things out. Overall it’s been worth it to bundle everything through LifeCubby. I just wish it were easier to use from the Admin side.

Pros

All encompassing. Easy to interact with parents. It bundled many of the individual things we were doing and paying for and streamlined them.

Cons

Backend payment features could be streamlined more. You can’t change the tuition posting date. If you set up alerts for a classroom and you are using the app (not a computer) the system gets overloaded and freezes. Many features are inaccessible when using the app. Specifically, teachers can’t do developmental assessments on their tablets, in their classrooms. You can’t update a child’s daily sheet when that child is logged as outside or in another classroom. So if a child eats lunch outside or goes potty during outside time, it cannot be logged until the class returns. This is especially difficult now that most of our childcare is happening outside. I thought I would be able to schedule employees (like post a schedule) with LC but that’s not possible.

Reasons for Choosing LifeCubby

The discount school supply vouchers. And it had more of what we were looking for without extra stuff we didn’t want.

Jeni from Kendal Early Learning Center

Great company to work with.

We have had LifeCubby since 2018 and the staff have always been there to walk beside us if we have any difficulty and help us work through gathering the data we are trying to gather or whatever the need may be.

Pros

What I like the most about LifeCubby is that the staff are always willing to work with you and help you. In a day where almost all customer service is computerized it is great to pick up the phone and talk to someone who will help you in a very timely manner.

Cons

Sometimes there is a lot of clicks to get to your destination; however, every time we call and mention this they are very quick to fix it if it is possible.

Reasons for Choosing LifeCubby

The stellar customer service.

Response from LifeCubby

Replied November 2020

Thank you Jeni for your review of LifeCubby!!

Kristy from FCNS

Teacher and Parent interface - Life Cubby Review

I use Life Cubby as a teacher in a toddler classroom, and as a parent of a preschooler. As a teacher, it is cumbersome and frustrating, but as a parent gives me a clear snapshot of my child's day. The frustrating parts as a teacher include the following: when we "take our children to an activity" and track that, it doesn't allow us to track the diaper that happened on our way out the door, or the child who dropped off on the playground . . . when we make a classroom observation and want to add it everyone for evidence and assessment, you literally have to go into each child and repeat the process for that one observation each time . . . when you are lesson planning, you can not easily copy and paste an entire day to the next (we use the same curriculum on Monday as we do on Tuesday with different kids) . . . there is a lack of communication with regard to upgrades and when Life Cubby will be down for service. I have done two years worth of Vines this and last year, and have had to completely re-do them mid -year because of Vine revisions which change the entire criteria and do not populate into the new. This has been a complete waste of time and has been very frustrating . . . there is no button to delete a posting if you make an error, such as posting snack at 9:40 instead of 10:40. Once you do that, your entire tracking for the day is off . . . A few times, I have accidentally marked a student in an observation that wasn't included, and there is no way to untag that person - I have had to add a comment apologizing, which then feeds to everyone tagged in that observation . . . because Life Cubby is used in a busy classroom it makes sense that there should be more built-in safeguards or ways to detract postings if errors are made . . . In three hours, we track 72 entries (attendance and dismissal for 9, diapers for 9, snack for 9, and four activities for 9, so it tends to be slow and freezes, or "processes" often which is completely frustrating when you are trying to get it all in before dismissing the child. As a parent, it is a great product if the teacher is willing to put in the work and deal with all the cumbersome things...I get a clear picture of my child's day, observations from his class with pictures, newsletters, and notes all in one handy place. As a parent, I am grateful for Life Cubby, so as a teacher, I muddle through because I know it makes the parents feel connected. Thank you!

Response from LifeCubby

Replied December 2016

Thank you Kristy for your review and your feedback. I will pass on the information to our team. Upgrades to the app are coming in early 2017 that will allow more editing on the app. If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call at the office at 614-423-7815.

Valentina from Park Street Preschool & Childcare

This App has been a lifesaver during the pandemic!

Bumpy, but worth it. I was apprehensive, but desperate, for an app to communicate with parents and allow them to pay online. As a small school, the fees associated with most payment platforms where far more than we could absorb. LifeCubby has provided an affordable way to meet this need. I must also mention that every single time I had a question, even if it was multiple times a day, the customer service at LifeCubby has been quick, kind, personable, and knowledgeable.

Pros

This app has allowed staff to work from home (namely our tuition assistant). It has also made all of the initial work of entering student information worth it as communication while we were closed has remained consistent and clear. As we learn more about the various features offered, we are excited to start implementing more at our school.

Cons

The first several months of use, we found this program to be very slow and not necessarily intuitive in use. It is also a very manual process up front, particularly as we are constantly adding and removing students at the start of new terms.

Reasons for Choosing LifeCubby

Ultimately, we had to go with the most affordable option. LifeCubby was also running a promotion with Discount School Supply, so it was an easy choice for us. I do think that other platforms and app are maybe a little more user-friendly than LifeCubby. But overall, I would and am sticking with LifeCubby.

Courtney from STEPPING STONES LEARNING CENTER LLC

Great Program

Costumer service is wonderful and very responsive. The program does what we want it to do. I wish pricing was a little more friendly as that is a reason we are looking at other programs.

Pros

I love the ease of communicating with families. They can see all the information and communicate with staff when they get time, or staff can ask questions throughout the day.

Cons

I wish there were more features on the admin side. More direct access to times all in one place for each child instead of having to pull a report. I wish the billing feature was easy to navigate as we have schedules that change on a weekly basis. I would also like to implement the food program feature but seems not as user friendly so we have just been doing it all on paper.

Reasons for Choosing LifeCubby

We signed up with HiMama and went back to LifeCubby shortly afterwards as the price was to high and the features were not as user friendly.

Clarissa from Cedar Lake Early Learning Academy

LifeCubby Review

We love it.

Pros

We love this program. We use it for everything at our program. Our parents love that they can communicate with their child's teacher in real time. They love the pictures and the videos. As an admin I like the ability to track enrollment, lesson plans, and health information. It's a great product. We have referred a number of other child care providers to LifeCubyy.

Cons

The way that emails can only be sent to all students not individual students.

Reasons for Choosing LifeCubby

The parent engagement piece and the price.

Amy from Growing In Faith Daycare

LifeCubby makes life easier

LifeCubby has made things easier for both staff and administration. It saves time and paper since everything is through one app and everything is sent to both families and administrators. Observations, Assessments, Lesson Planning, Reports, etc. all are done through same app instead of having separate subscriptions and transferring or repeating the same information onto several apps. The graphics are colorful and fun and can be edited if so desired. It invites parent involvement by letting them help modify their accounts and add their own photos and information. We just love this App!!

Pros

Ratio alerts Staff /child check-in features The Vine assessment tool Incident Report feature

Cons

I really can't think of any features that I like the least. There is so much to this software that it does take a little time to learn it all and get used to it, but it is still worth it in the long run.

Reasons for Choosing LifeCubby

It was listed on approved apps through Keystone STARS and it offered the most user friendly options for both staff and families.

Dorota from Academy of Excellence {reschool

Great App with FANTASTIC Customer Support

Because this is the first time that we are using this app, we had questions. Many questions on random days. The customer service is excellent. They are always there for you.

Pros

Very easy to use. Comprehensive and yet simple. Will be definitely switching from our current apps as everything is in one.

Cons

Nothing. Life cubby really meets my needs.

Reasons for Choosing LifeCubby

Because Life Cubby is simpler while at the same time I was able to combine 3 apps in one.

Response from LifeCubby

Replied November 2020

Thank you Dorota for your review!

Stephanie from Coca Cola Bottler Sales and Services

Great Concept, Needs optimization

I, personally, am not solving business problems with this app. But I imagine that my childrens' school is solving communication issues with parents and teachers, allowing them to speak in real time throughout the day. It also allows the school to document, in writing, that they have provided certain information to parents. I LOVE the concept of this app and hope some optimization is planned to increase the user-friendliness.

Pros

The intended use of this software is a great concept- to facilitate communication between teachers and parents; and exchange documentation and photographs on a secure platform. The best thing about this app is the "Daily Sheet", which is available to seen in real time for each child. The Daily Sheet provides information about the child's day, such as food eaten, diaper changes, mood, nap times, etc.. It's a HUGE help to know how your child's day went and how that may affect their time at home.

Cons

The app is clunky and not user friendly. It can be difficult to navigate and the messaging feature, for example, does not work consistently nor intuitively. When I click on the message icon, I expect to see a thread of prior messages between myself and the teacher/classroom, but random messages often disappear. Also, there is a notification icon if something new is added to the child's page, but it doesn't disappear even after you've checked the new item. It gives the impression that you should still be looking for a 'new item' which could be a message, photo, incident report, menu, or some other type of documentation. There is also a character limit in the message section that is pretty short- a couple sentences maybe.

Response from LifeCubby

Replied September 2020

Hello Stephanie, Thank you for your feedback. Feel free to call the office 614-423-7815 or email us at contact@lifecubby.me for assistance.

Annette from Children's Castle EduCare

We have been using LifeCubby in our center for about 6 years and it has proven to be an asset to us.

Pros

The teachers don't have to use paper anymore for daily sheets, portfolios or attendance. Parents like that we're a techy center. I can use the Director's Dashboard from my computer in the office to see how many students and teachers are checked-in throughout my building which is really helpful since we have a large center. I also get an email notifying me if there's a message. The eBlast system is also really useful, it has all the exposure notices built-in for letting the parents know whenever there's a diagnosed case of something in the building. Now that LifeCubby has the Tuition Tracking, it's nice that I don't have to manage our roster in 2 different softwares. I was very happy to stop using Procare it's such an outdated system. We also use Frog Street curriculum, and the Lesson Plans are built-in for us so that's a huge time-saver on the teachers they don't have to type them in. They can make changes to the Lesson Plans, though, so that's also good since we customize the Lesson Plans. We also use the Vine Assessments, which are from LifeCubby, although some of the teachers actually prefer the booklets, so it's nice that they have the booklets also. Even with all that, the best part of LifeCubby is still the photos. That's what the parents really like, and it helps them see that their child is learning. I always talk about LifeCubby whenever a tour a new family at our center, and it seems to help with their enrollment decision. Plus, we keep a monitor in our lobby with Photoroll going all day long it shows the most recent pictures from the classrooms. The parents really like that.

Cons

The reports need work. I wish LifeCubby had more reports, and some of the ones that they have really need improvement. The reports don't all work the same, and it seems that some of the reports follow different style guides. They keep coming out with more reports, so I'm hoping that some of the ones that I use to get from Procare are out soon. Also there needs to be a way to generate balance-due automatic emails to just the families who are behind but they don't have that yet. Also, not all the functions of the Classroom App are available on the web, so that makes it hard when you need to edit something and you have to get out a tablet to do it. I wish parents could do a finger-signature on the tablet like to sign an Incident Report. The user interface on the web and the user interface on the apps are completely different. The icons are different, even the colors are different. It would be good if they updated the web to match the apps.

Response from LifeCubby

Replied February 2018

Thank you Annette for your review of LifeCubby!

Denisy from Mon Jardin Child Care

I think that the features are not developed to maximum potential. The app is not developed well.

Pros

I like the concept of LifeCubby of having the daily sheets and pictures of the activities. when it works properly it is a good tool to have. also, I love the email blast. It is a good tool that helps improve communication with parents.

Cons

I think that is still room for improvement such as developing a more efficient app that communicates with the computer version of it. On the app, after the last update, it is slower and it takes a long time to input information; for example, if we are log in diaper changes, we have to click in boxes every time information is logged in, instead of just clicking on a child. As well as the ability to upload pictures is very limited. The whole concept is that we can share pictures of the child with their families and 4 or 6 does not make the cut as the classrooms have more than 4 - 6 children. Also, when I tried to remove/withdraw a child from the LifeCubby it goes to the pending status instead of being removed. The archive feature does not really archives them and instead it sends them to a pending status. Along with that when I am trying to withdraw a child, even after I managed to really archive a child, there is no feature to disconnect the parent from LifeCubby. Parents still connected with the center after many years.

Response from LifeCubby

Replied August 2017

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby Denisy. Please call the office at 614-423-7815 and we would be happy to help you with the removal of the child in question. As for any challenges you may have with the APP, please make sure that your APPS and operating software for your tablet are up to date. If you continue to have challenges, please call the office.

Sarah from Little People's Country Academy of Arts and Education

Our school and parents appreciate the communication LifeCubby brings

We have been using LifeCubby for a number of years now. While there are other similar options that are available to preschools, we plan on maintaining our subscription with LifeCubby. Parents, especially of our youngest children, comment on how much they enjoy being able to see a snapshot of their child's day. Some of our classrooms use the daily sheet function, some teachers use a function to remind parents they are low on supplies like diapers, and all classrooms use the observation function. When our school had lost power, I as the director, was able to send out an email to all families from my phone that our school phone lines were down. In the past, we used the assessment tools, but this year moved away from that option. The assessments offered were many, but did not align completely to the Illinois Early Learning Standards or the Illinois Early Learning and Development Guidelines. Our NAC (national) and ExceleRate (state) accreditation programs ask us to align with those standards, so we have switched what we do. A handful of our parents have had a hard time using the app, and it seems there are frequent updates and changes. I assume that is normal for technology that is so widespread. Any time we have had trouble, we have been contacted back with assistance the same day. Once in a while I have had trouble on the admin side of things, but small issues, like classrooms being out of order on my admin list, or not being able to remove a child from our withdrawn/unassigned list. One teacher issue is being confused about how to log children in their own room, but it is not all the time or could be teacher error (like checking in a child, but it checks them into the wrong room). Overall, our experience is positive!

Pros

Wide variety of options for use, great communication tool, picture/observation tool is great

Cons

Details of use change frequently with updates, need to re-upload app after updates (in the past)

Response from LifeCubby

Replied December 2016

Thank you Sarah for your review of LifeCubby!

Lisa from Early Learning Indiana/Day Early Learning @ Fort

Love it but could use some tweaks.

As a teacher imputting the information you make it difficult by making me have to stop to type out the name of the formula. It would be so much easier, convenient and practical if like in the admins area we could add and edit a list of formulas used in the room both in the bottle section as well as in the drink sections of breakfast, snack, and lunch. When using and imputting NAEYC accredidation it would help to have a jump screen where you could jump to section 1-9 instead of having to scroll down and search for the needed section. Also it would be a lot more help if we could check off when we completed that item instead of it automatically checking off just because we put one item in it. Ability to place photos in a collage when placing multiple photos in one part of NAEYC. Stop making infant room the default no matter which room is signed in. Ability to connect the observations to the lesson plans or to know when that observarion has already been tied to a lesson plan. Having some ability to know if a parent has signed in and seen a message without having responded back. (Possibly like a read receipt to see that a message has been received and when a parent has opened it). Instead of the little blue button on the child's picture having a pop up box that shows when a parent has responded back. Have parent comments stay attatched to daily sheets and such when we up load them to NAEYC accreditation. Ability to mark when a child has been breastfed by their mom with maybe a note section for marking whether they ate well or not. In the check-in and out section allow them to choose the classroom so that even though a parent my be in the infant room checking in their infant they can also check in their three year old IN THEIR CLASSROOM without the teachers having to track kids to their actual room.

Pros

Most of its ease and convenience.

Cons

A few parts of the inconvenince (see tirade on last page)

Response from LifeCubby

Replied December 2016

Thank you Lisa for your review of LifeCubby! We appreciate your feedback and will pass this on to the development team.

Alyssa from Growing Kids Learning Center

Industry: Individual & Family Services

GK LifeCubby

Overall I have really enjoyed our experience with LifeCubby over the last few years. It has made my job so much easier and has been a great selling point when we are trying to enroll families. It really appeals to them to be able to get updates about their child's day when they can't be with them. Since the pandemic started we have relied heavily on LifeCubby as the main form of communication between the teachers and parents. Because of our Covid protocols parents aren't able to go back to the classrooms at this time so it has been very helpful to have LifeCubby to communicate with them on a daily basis.

Pros

There are so many different features in LifeCubby that I find very useful. For our purposes LifeCubby is used as a communication tool to keep in contact with our families throughout the day when they can't be with their children. Because of that, the features that we find most useful are the different details about the child's day that we can enter such as, when they get clocked in and out for the day, the daily sheets, messages/E-Blasts, Observations and the reports.

Cons

Generally, I really enjoy this software. There are glitches from time to time but my concerns are always addressed right away. Not only are they quick to respond, but they are patient and friendly. I never feel like I am bothering them with my questions.

Reasons for Choosing LifeCubby

I didn't have a part in purchasing the product but speaking as someone who has used it over the last 4 years both as a teacher, and as an administrator, I have really enjoyed it.

Mauree from BurlingtonAcademy of Learning

My thoughts about Life Cubby

i love to communicate with my families and sometime I leave for the day with out seeing the parents bc they work late . When the parents get home they can sit with their child and show them an observation from the day and the child can share what they did do instead of them saying nothing, They have a picture in front of them and a conversation can spark.. So this is just an added extra for the parents to be a part of the children's day and having them see how much and what their child learns each day.

Pros

I like using LC bc it helps keeps the parents informed on our daily activities. As I post the observations I always get feed back from the Parents on how much they love the pictures and they even share them with Grandparents as well..

Cons

It would be nice if there was an easier "quicker way" to post pictures as well as maybe being able to send more than six pictures at a time I have a class of 8 as much as 12 in a day and I just like to send one complete observation with a picture of each instead of posting another observation

Response from LifeCubby

Replied December 2019

Hi Mauree and thank you for your review of LifeCubby! There is a quick post option where you can just share the picture and you do not need to type anything in the observation. In the new release in 2020, there will not be a limit on the number of pictures! Please call the office if you need more assistance! 614-423-7815

Elisha from Little Gems Learning Place, LLc.

Lifecubby is an essential part of connecting teachers to families and families to their child!

Our staff utilize Lifecubby is vital at our organization for connecting and involving families in their child's planning learning and development.Teachers love Lifecubby because it's easy to link observations with the developmental goals. We also use LifeCubby as a selling point during the enrollment process and parents are very impressed! They love being able to access photos and observations throughout the day as opposed to waiting until pick up time for child updates. As an Administrator , I love LifeCubby because I can customize it so that it fits our program. It definitely helps our center stand out above the rest, in this very competitive business!

Pros

Ilike that it'a easy to use and that most of the questions I have as far as navigation are answered with in the help FAQs

Cons

Sometimes the program has changed or features have been added without a warning. Therefor I often have staff come to me with questions about navigation that I may not have the answer to right away. also, the phone app seems very difficult for staff to use because it doesn't alsways work.

Response from LifeCubby

Replied October 2016

Hi Elisha! Thank you for your review of LifeCubby. If the APP does not seem to be working, make sure they have the most recent version of the app and the most recent version of the operating system of the device they are using. If you are still having challenges, please call the office at 614-423-7815 and we would be happy to troubleshoot.

Corey from Growing Together Preschool

Overall I like Lifecubby, it took some getting used to at first and we still have trouble with the "Please Wait" circle, sometimes it will forever just circle around and we eventually have to log out and log back in.

Pros

That I can communicate with parents and teachers as I am a parent as well as a teacher. I can see both sides of Lifecubby.

Cons

On the parents side of it, when the teacher posts a picture or observation, sometimes it does not update and will not show me the picture or observation. I will get an email that one was posted but once I get to the app it is not listed or will not sow me any updated past a date a long time ago. When I know there has been many posted since a certain date. And then again, sometimes it will have been posted and then the next day they are gone again.

Response from LifeCubby

Replied September 2019

Thank you Corey for your review of LifeCubby. I have not heard of observations missing or disappearing. Please contact the office so we can troubleshoot with your device. When you get the please wait option, that typically means that there is a wi-fi connection issue. Also, please make sure that your operating system of your device and your family app has the most updated version. Launching in 2020 will be our Version 3 with a whole new user interface! I know you will love it! If you ever have question, please give us a call 614-423-7815

Tiffany from Peppermint Stick Children's Center

LifeCubby makes my job easier!

I always recommend Lifecubby on social media when peers ask for recommendations. I have met the owner of LifeCubby several times and love her commitment and availability to her customers. I've had a great experience overall!

Pros

As an owner of 2 early care and education centers I am able to access information easily for both my locations. I have real time information accessible and also can review past data. I have one place to communicate with my staff and families, keep accurate records and enrollment data. Plus my staff can observe and assess the children easily.

Cons

I really like having a digital record that I can always have access to. I would like an area for scanning and uploading information for staff and children. An area as an administrator that I can document incidents or staff violations or licensing issues that only I as the administrator have access to. The reports are very helpful but again from the administration side data is my best friend and having more reports would assist me further.

Response from LifeCubby

Replied April 2019

Thank you Tiffany for your kind words and your review! We are getting ready in the summer to launch V3 of LifeCubby! There will be more reporting features and some admin tools that I think you will appreciate!

Victoria from Creative Sprouts

A Wonderful Resource

Reducing the number of paper files Real-time communication with families Consistency between classrooms and teachers

Pros

LifeCubby has been a wonderful resource for both teachers and families. Information that is logged into the program is kept in one organized location that is quick and easy to reference. It has changed the way that important notes are communicated with families about their children. I think that with a few changes LifeCubby will continue to grow and be used by teachers. I will continue to recommend LifeCubby to peers as a way to enhance the efficiency of data sharing in their classrooms.

Cons

There are a few things that I feel would add to the overall effectiveness of the product from a teacher's point of view. A Teacher-to-Teacher feature would enhance communication between coworkers by providing a platform for information and data sharing. I also feel that different color notification bubbles to distinguish between a message that is read by families and a message read by teachers would be helpful as well.

Response from LifeCubby

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your feedback and your reivew of LifeCubby Victoria!

Mindy from Purdue University

Parent that loves LifeCubby!

I'm a parent that access LifeCubby several times a day to stay informed on how my child is doing.

Pros

I love that I can access this program at anytime and see what my child has been up to during the day! The teachers at her daycare (Adventureland Childcare) are great at updating the app with activities, pictures, meals, diaper and nap information. They used to only use paper to communicate this so I felt a disconnect not knowing what was going on with my child during the day. Now I feel more involved and get excited when I see there has been a new observation added. I also love that the program sends a daily recap email at the end of the day! It's easy for me to use as a parent and seems to be easy for the teachers to use as well!

Cons

Some of the features are not being utilized by the daycare. It would be great if they would utilise them as I feel it would make us all feel more connected. Especially with COVID-10; as we are unable to even enter the building. Ex: morning in take, newsletters, lesson plans, assessments, great job, etc. It would be great to use the "home journal" too, but it doesn't appear to be on? It would be great for teachers to post videos introducing themselves and giving weekly updates since we can't speak to the teachers directly.

Megan from University of Kentucky

Solid choice for our daycare

As a worry wart parent who always wants to know how my babies are doing, this has been a great option for me to check on my kids throughout the day. I am very pleased with the app and would recommend it to other daycare centers looking for real time online communication with parents.

Pros

We have been using LifeCubby since our daycare implemented its use a couple of years ago. We now have a 3 yo and an 11 month old in care, and I love being able to get updates throughout the day and seeing their observations when they post pictures or videos- this is absolutely my favorite feature! I appreciate the real time updates to my email and app when the teachers post anything to the app, including any questions or concerns for me.

Cons

I've noticed recently that I will get an email update but the app doesn't update until later in the day. The web page generally has whatever the update it, so I can look at it online that way. The more recent notifications have also not provided me with a link to go directly to the update or told me which child it affects.

Leona from Kidskingdomcdc

Great Educational Software

The problems being solved is being able to integrate all of the paperwork, billing and parent communication into one portal. The benefits are a lot less time being spent on the admin aspect and that affords more quality time being spent with the children

Pros

I like most about LifeCubby is its functionality and ease of use. It is a life saver on time and definitely great on reducing paperwork. Being able to send a receive messages without having to check emails is wonderful. The best part is being able to have all of the family and contact information in one place even on field trips. I give it a thumbs up.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about the app is having to keep going back and forth through the screen when logging diapers, bottles or food just to add the teacher name. There should be a way to automatically log the teachers name upon sign-in. This is just one step that could be more efficient and less time clicking back and forth for an entire class

Reasons for Choosing LifeCubby

Because it’s was created by childcare professionals.

Response from LifeCubby

Replied May 2019

Thank you for your review Leona! V3 is launching in just a few months and you will not have to leave the tool to check in a teacher! One of the many awesome things coming with V3! Stay tuned. If you have any questions, please give us a call 614-423-7815.

Katey from Ascension Health

Great, just needs a few adjustments!

Overall I enjoy the functionality of LifeCubby. My daughter attends Little Lamb Christian Daycare. The functionality that I use on a daily basis is the morning intake, daily sheets, and school observation. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] daycare doesn't seem to use the other functions available. I think if the messaging could be accessed from one location, instead of having different options that would be helpful. Otherwise, great app!

Pros

I like the ability to receive photos of my daughter while she is at daycare every day.

Cons

The app seems to run slowly at times. Additionally, I feel that the messaging aspect of the app is difficult to navigate. Sometimes, when I send messages, my initial message is not kept in the chat once the teacher replies. Also, it can be difficult to locate where a message was first started, as messages can be initiated on a photo post or on the daily sheet summary. On the morning intake field, it shows on the daily sheet: "Sunscreen applied?: No Check med?: No". When I perform the morning intake, I don't have the option to fill these fields in at all, but it always shows up with "No" as the answer. My only option on the morning intake is to enter a note in an open text box.

Tia from NDFCU

Parent Review

It works better than most applications needs some updating but overall good.

Pros

I like I can communicate with teachers and get update notifications on my phone.

Cons

Some of the features when writing teachers the message just stays there and it doesn’t look like it sends, you have to log out and back in to see it actually go through. Having multiple children selecting each and having to go back to the tab needed is frustrating, confuses me on which child I’m looking at information for.

Michelle from JCC Early Childhood Center

Great product

My overall experience with Lifecubby is great. I love the accessibility, and how it can be managed anywhere. It is a relief to the parents that I can send them messages privately without a chance of hacking.

Pros

I love how this software is easy to use and can be accessed through my computer or mobile device at any time. It is great to be able to take pictures and observations and immediately upload them to the parents. If I have questions or remember I need to send a memo to parents I can just shoot out a comment either individually or to my whole class.

Cons

I wished we could send videos. At our school we often catch moments of the kiddos singing songs, building great structures or something that happens in a split second.

Response from LifeCubby

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your reivew of LifeCubby Michelle. In our new release, capturing those moments with video will be a breeze! You can still share short videos, however, not all people can view the video on their mobile devices. Sometimes they need to be viewed through a web browser.

Cheryl from Forever Friends

I love my life cubby!

I am able to communicate with parents daily about their progress. Parents love the easy check in process.

Pros

I love Life Cubby because it has everything I need in one place. Communication with parents, assessments, menus, billing. I can take it with me to track child behaviors and it helps me so I have my time with my family.

Cons

At first it is a little daunting, but the training they give is very useful and well put together.

Response from LifeCubby

Replied May 2019

Thank you Cheryl for your review of LifeCubby!

Jody from JCC Early Childhood Center (SFC)

LifeCubby helps improve communication!

LifeCubby has helped us with our parent communication substantially. It is fairly intuitive and my teachers quickly became comfortable using most aspects. Parents are thrilled to be receiving pictures and observations regularly, the ability to respond and ask questions in real time. I have looked at other options, and LifeCubby is a good value for the cost and continues to improve. Whenever we have had technical questions, LifeCubby has been responsive and quickly helped us solve our problems. Parents, teachers and administrators all benefit from LifeCubby and the ease of communication.

Pros

Intuitive, timely technical support, ability to communicate with teachers and parents effectively and quickly

Cons

Don't always receive communication about updates and how things will look different. Doesn't have spell check on observations,

Response from LifeCubby

Replied October 2016

Hi Jody! Thank you for your review of LifeCubby! Check your device settings for spell check options. If you have any questions, please let us know. 614-423-7815

Sandra from Kids For Kids Academy

Great Tool!

Life Cubby is a great tool to comunicate daily with the parents, a great way to send pictures and any information the teacher or parent might have about their child. Love it.

Pros

It's easy to use, love that I can take the pictures and send them immediately to the parents, I can do the assessment for each child, I can register daily when they sleep and eat. I have preschoolers.

Cons

What I don't like about the software is that when I want to use a lesson plan from last year I can't do it fast, I have to go back day by day until I get to the lesson plan that I need from last year. Also if there is an attachment to the lesson plan I can't get it directly from the lesson plan I have to get out of the lesson plan and go to the main menu. That is a waste of time.

Response from LifeCubby

Replied December 2016

Thank you Sandra for your review of LifeCubby. The Lesson Planning form is getting updates in 2017! Please feel free to send us suggestions to contact@lifecubby.me. If you have questions, please call us at 614-423-7815.

Melissa from GISD Early Head Start

LifeCubby is a fantastic tool, which helps teachers stay connected with families

In this technological age, there are many apps aimed at teachers, to help them inform the families of their child's daily progress, but LifeCubby is by far the one I feel that is the most user friendly and applicable to the work I do daily with my students, who are zero to three. Working with young children keeps any teacher busy, so I am so relieved to know that I can depend on LifeCubby to remind me of important things like when a child needs medicine or documenting a quick anecdotal note via picture or video. LifeCubby is a tool that I am so glad that my district provides because it offers the support this busy teacher needs.

Pros

LifeCubby is easy to use; quick to learn; and it covers an assortment of tasks from recording information such as what and how much children ate to trips to the bathroom to posting quick pictures of the children throughout the day.

Cons

I have used LifeCubby for almost two years now and I can honestly say that I have not come across anything that I would consider to be a con. I have actually learned more about it, the different things it can do to make my job easier, like sending pictures and videos of the children to their parents.

Ramona from Bloom Academy Deep Creek

Easy to use, lots of useful features

Pros

Over the past few years, the software has drastically improved and is still evolving. Teachers can send messages directly to the parents and vice versa. The admin has many different ways of communicating with parents and staff. Also being able to edit incident reports as an admin is a great feature. Sometimes staff doesn't have the time to correct spelling errors, but you want to make sure it's correct before the parents see them. Previously, we had to delete them and re-write them, now, we have the option to edit them. Also, customer service is superb!! They will resolve any issue as quickly as they can. They will also take any suggestions into consideration.

Cons

Honestly, at this point in time, I cannot think for anything that I do not like. Most everything has been resolved in the past few months.

Response from LifeCubby

Replied May 2018

We appreciate your review of LifeCubby Romona!

Antoinette from Learning Zone Blackman

I love using lifecubby

Pros

Leaving my baby once my maternity leave was over was very difficult. My daycare uses this product and i couldn't be happier. I love being able to check on him throughout the day, they send photos, update be on bottle feedings and diapers.

Cons

I do not like that I cannot update his profile picture. His face had changed alot since they took it. I also have gotten messages from the teachers when he hasn't been there and I can never find them. I have searched thru all the filters but still couldn't find them.

Response from LifeCubby

Replied July 2018

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby Antoinette. You can change your child's profile picture either in the app or on the web. The log in credentials you are using for the app will also work on the web, where there is an HELP section. Your messages will appear as a purple explanation point on your child's profile photo. You can also click on the thought bubble under your child's profile photo to see conversations. The thought bubble will have all messaging from the school to you. Here is a video to also assist you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9H9hnI8G6g&feature=youtu.be Please let us know if you have any questions! 614-423-7815.

Trisha from The Pediatric Dentist (but I use this as a parent of a daycare child at Creme de la Creme)

Parent Review

I am a user and this survey seems more directed to the purchaser. As a user it is fine. Nothing exceptional and a little awkward in function.

Pros

I love being able to get real time updates for my children.

Cons

It is sometimes awkward to navigate and sometimes the windows (with photos) won't close and I have to restart the app.

Ashley from Joyful Beginnings

I would like to see some changes with the app for the parents and also the staff within our facility

We love the app, we just wish that the app had more to offer and was easier to use for our staff. Some parents are also having a hard time when we message them and they are not getting a notification that we have sent them a note. I would also like to see that the parents are being notified when their is an update available for them to upgrade. We have also seen that when a child is transferred to another room that the information that is placed in the new room is not transferrable to the other room. I would also like to see an easy parent check in. This way we get all the information that is needed, but the parents are able to do this with ease. Customer service is always willing to help and if they don't have the answer, they are quick to respond with one the next day in resolving the problem.

Pros

I like that the parents are able to access this throughout the day.

Cons

I wish it was more functional, for someone that is not used to using it.

Response from LifeCubby

Replied October 2016

Hi Ashley, Thank you for your review of LifeCubby. There are updates for the app coming out soon! Please contact the office to go over some of your concerns listed. There is an easier parent check in, all data moves with the child and should not be "lost". We would be happy to clarify above and any other questions. 614-423-7815

Best daycare app

Overall, I have few complaints and really enjoy being able to keep up with my child’s activities. This app is great and allows parents to stay connected and involved. I have used childcare providers that use traditional daily logs, and I find this app much more user friendly than a sheet of paper. I appreciate the organization and data history this app provides.

Pros

I like the category options available for my care provider to utilize. I feel connected and involved in my child’s program. I really enjoy the school observations and images of my child uploaded throughout the day. The daily sheet is thorough, detailed and a great overview of my child’s day.

Cons

I wish there was an option to filter and view information that’s input. For example, a log with check in/out times for a given date range would be useful. I used to receive push notifications on my mobile device, which have stopped even though my settings allow all notifications from the app. When a message is sent through the Conversation portal, the notification within the app is not removed once the message has been read- this can be frustrating because I ultimately feel like I’m missing something in another category and go through each one trying to clear the notification.

Emily from The Remnant Academy

Way better than trying to keep up with paper!

LifeCubby is basically all that we do in one place: Newsletters, menus, daily sheets, incident reports, behavioral logs, assessments, photos ETC! Whenever a meeting is necessary we are able to pull reports and assessments for a specific child for the parents. One time the internet was down and we steamed their photo portal of all our observations on the log-in screen instead :). There is a youtube channel to learn more or train new employees! I recently saw new report options (such as specific incidents, which teacher posted which observations) so I am happy with that. One thing I recommend is changing the post time from "1 hour ago" to a specific time (3:00PM). I love how you can customize each teacher's login information to fit their needs. In order to make sure the kids still get proper supervision, we put a rule in place that photos can be taken throughout the day and only uploaded into an observation during nap time, since that seems to take a bit longer.

Pros

The vast amount of information available to parents and teachers. It makes the transition between teachers from opener to closer easier, as all the child's info is on the daily sheet.

Cons

It seems to crash more than we expected, even with updates. We simply uninstall/reinstall but still :)

Response from LifeCubby

Replied April 2017

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby Emily!

Nina from Early Learning Indiana

usimakes documentation faster and more effective. Improves communication / connecti with parents,;

Pros

Ability to document information regarding daily activities and communicate with parents., which helps parents feel more connected with their child's experience. Ability to link to NAEYC for documentation and accreditation. Ability to include Indian Foundations and use for developmental portfolios ( observations and individual goals for each child.

Cons

Unable to temporarily store information. For example, if I am entering an observation and am unable to finish, there is no way to temporarily hold that info. If I have to stop in the middle, of entering an observation or newsletter post, then I have start over. It would be helpful if there was a save feature similar to the save or save and publish feature in the observation and newsletter sections like the one in the lesson plan section.

Response from LifeCubby

Replied August 2017

Thank you Nina for your review of LifeCubby.

Erin from Southwood Children's Academy

Great parent communication tool!

LifeCubby has been a great addition to our program. It saves us both time and money in creating daily sheets and portfolios for our children. We no longer have to purchase reams and reams of paper and ink or spend hours hand-writing every individual daily sheet. Using LifeCubby we can batch post classroom observations or meal times to all children in the class at once. The parents absolutely LOVE the daily pictures that we put in their child's portfolio. We also love to use the "messages" function for teachers to communicate directly to the parents without having to get to a phone or leave the classroom. LifeCubby customer support is amazing! Anytime we call for help we immediately are able to speak with someone who is able to resolve the problem quickly.

Pros

Messaging function to communicate directly with parents, daily photos, batch posting to children's portfolios or daily sheets, batch email function to send emails to all parents and staff at once

Cons

Doesn't allow for hourly headcounts... yet.

Response from LifeCubby

Replied December 2019

Hi Erin! Did you know that you can do name to face headcounts now on LifeCubby? You can choose to have them at 15 minutes, 30 minutes or on the hour! Give us a call at 614-423-7815 if you have questons!!

Brian from Lochmandy motors

Brianmaloneq

Pros

Cons

What I like most about the software is you can go online and see with the kids ate he can see what time he took a nap what time they was changed and what fools day and what time they get punched out and who put and what time to get punched in I like all the things they have in my cubbyAnd I like how they put the pictures up on the kids doing different activities and playing outside or different things like that

Rebecca from Pride and Joy

Only as good as users

I've been using life copy for about 5 years since my child started daycare. I like it much more than the previous method that my prior day care use which was a paper tracker. However as my daughter got older there was less and less input into life cubby. And for the school age child it's almost not necessary. The one thing I do enjoy is it tells me when she gets dropped off and when she gets picked up. So I can make sure that her dad got her before I drive all the way home.

Pros

I like how easy it is to communicate with the teachers at my children's daycare. I can send the messages throughout the day and check in and how my child is doing.

Cons

It seems that unless the teachers are looking they don't always see the messages that I send. It would be nice if there was a way for it to notify them when messages come in. And it would be nice if there was a way for me to see that the message was saw by them.

Alexandria from The Lighthouse Preschool

Teacher and Parent View of Lifecubby

As an educator, I use lifecubby daily. Between uploading lesson plans, emailing parents, and updating a child's activity throughout the day. With this being said, lifecubby is very easy to utilize and a great resource. The only downside I see with the app is the assessment sections. While I enjoy being able to assess my students on the app, I do not believe they are age appropriate. Likewise, I feel as though they should offer more options for answers. On the other hand, as a parent, I also feel as though lifecubby is a very valuable tool. Before lifecubby, I would have to remember to take home a paper sheet telling me about my daughters day with very little information. Now, especially since my daughter is 5, I can listen to what she tells me about her day at school and then check on lifecubby for references on what she means was "the best book or toy in the world!" Everything I need is always right at my fingertips with lifecubby, and if I need to email the teacher for any reason while at work, I can do so easily without having to make that extra call and interrupt their day. Such a great tool on both ends!

Pros

Everything is always right at my fingertips. I can enter all of my student's information right from the app, as well as edit most of the information I enter on a daily basis. I am also able to email my daughters teachers instantly through the family app and not have to worry about interrupting their class time with a phone call.

Cons

As an educator, my only downfall with this software is not being able to input my lesson plans right from the app. I need to enter the website portion to do this. Likewise, I do not believe many of the assessment questions for my age group are age appropriate. For example, why does an 18-month-old child need to know how to jump on one foot? My 3-year-old nephew is just learning to do this!

Response from LifeCubby

Replied December 2016

Thank you for your review of LifeCubby Alexandria! Lesson planning on the app is coming soon!

Melinda from Kare-A-Lot Child Care Center

Great program, but could use some improvements

This has been a really great program for our center. There are some concerns that we have in regards to the program though. We have some parents that pick up but they do not have an email address or a grandparent is picking up and it requires our staff to take the time to input the name of the person that is picking up verse just being able to click on the person's name. Also, if something needs edited it takes extra time for the teacher to have to log into the website to correct it or to have the administrator correct it instead of being able to just do it from the app. An example of this is if we are previously checking in a child and it is accidently marked as pm verse am then we have to log in to the website to be able to correct this. Other than that this has been a really great program.

Pros

The parents being able to receive the daily sheet via email. Also, being able to see who is all here from my office and being able to keep an eye on ratio.

Cons

If the parent does not have an email address then we can not have them listed or if a grandparent is the one who picks up often they can not be listed on there without us adding them with an email address.

Response from LifeCubby

Replied October 2016

Thank you Melinda for your LifeCubby review. Also, thank you for your feedback. Being able to add pick up adults without email addresses is on the future development list!

Chloe from Creative Sprouts

LifeCubby-Pre-K Experience

Overall LifeCubby has been a great resource for our classroom. I love the ability to communicate with parents at the touch of a finger and the observation tool is great for allowing parents to have an insight to our day and why we do what we do. The daily sheet that is compiled at the end of each child's day is great for sparking conversation at home; especially when most children say they do nothing at home. I have noted some minor flaws as well. For instance, when taking children to an activity or returning them, teachers cannot be moved with the class. There used to be a way to do this but I see it was taken away. This is an issue for use because our wifi doesn't always reach all parts of our school yard and while I'm waiting for it to reconnect, I have the system saying there are 12 children in a play yard with no teacher. I'm sure you can see how this would be problematic. Also, when linking observations as evidence, you can only select one category for the observation to fall under at a time. Most lessons/experiences aren't meant to fall under many skills and it makes it difficult/time-consuming to have to individually mark them all one at a time.

Pros

The ability to communicate with parents so easily and many at a time.

Cons

The glitches such as it shutting down or restarting when I am trying to select icons within the app.

Response from LifeCubby

Replied December 2016

Than k you for your review of LifeCubby Chloe.

Mara from Non Profit

Helpful but can be burdensome

This app can be very helpful, but it has to be used correctly and there are a lot of places for user error. I really like being able to get real time updates for my child, but that only happens if the teachers can put the information in, which seems to be difficult

Pros

Provides a lot of space for information and has a good breakdown for the menu to keep information organized

Cons

It seems difficult for teachers to be able to have the time to put all of the information in for parents, its too time consuming. The linked in files, such as menus, often do not work when you click on it. When pictures are posted with explanations, you have to make sure you are in the right section to be able to see the explanation, very often you can just see the picture but not the caption. Also, the messaging feature is not streamlined. A teacher will message and it goes to one place, but if the parent responds then it goes to somewhere else. The date and time stamp on the messaging also overlaps and is often confusing

Darcey from Kids r kids

Parent AND teacher

I love it over similar software we’ve used in the past

Pros

I love this software to check up on my babies daily routines i also love as a teacher communicating with my students parents

Cons

The app for apple makes parent teacher communication very hard.

Chris from Campus for Kids Learning Center

LifeCubby has many strengths!

About five months ago we started using LifeCubby to both enhance our parent interaction and to make things easier on teachers. We were able to quickly move to paperless daily sheets, which is a big plus. In addition, parents are able to have a snapshot into their child's day on a real time basis. Most of our parents really appreciate the photos of their child engaging in activities and enjoying the day. In addition, it has made our portfolios much easier. While this has been a good tool for us, there are some bugs and inconsistencies between the app and the website login. They are still working out some of these issues, but have very strong customers service and really do address issues as they come up. Overall, I recommend this software as a tool. It has enhanced our family experience and eased some of the work our teachers need to do.

Pros

Communication with Parents, and enhanced parent experience, easier teacher portfolios, and a reduction of paperwork.

Cons

We cant really use it for accurate check in/check out counts which we had hoped to do. It's too easy to make a mistake. Also, there are still some inconsistencies and bugs being worked out, but I am confident this is only short-term as they are diligently working on issues.

Response from LifeCubby

Replied October 2016

Hi Chris! Thank you for taking the time to review LifeCubby! Please contact the office and we can show you how you can use the APP for attendance and correct any errors you may have from checking kids out earlier or later than real time. Additional editing features are rolling out soon on the APP!

Erica from Growing Kids Learning Center Bristol St.

Life Cubby and Communication

Pros

Life Cubby makes day to day communication with my student's parents simple. Parents are updated throughout the day about their child. what they ate their mood sleep habits and lessons, not to mention all of the amazing experiences they have with pictures. As well if I can update families of upcoming events and when their child need to bring something into class plus parents can send me notes too!

Cons

Some apps need to be completely closed and then re-opened to use. For example when posting pictures the camera app must be pushed each time. This can be time consuming due to the fact that each child needs at least two images a day, and for a class of 24 that is a lot. Sadly life cubby sometimes slows down and I have to start all over.

Erika from Early Learning Indiana

Lifecubby

Overall experience with lifecubby has been okay.

Pros

The most beneficial is it’s a way of staying communicated with the families.

Cons

The least beneficial is how it automatically does updates or randomly stops working completely. It’s doable but it becomes inconvenient in classroom management such as, checking children in, staying in touch with families, etc. Also, it does not let you know when a parent messages you unless you go back to daily sheets. For example, having a message alert to let teachers know if a parent has messaged them.

Response from LifeCubby

Replied May 2019

Thank you Erika for your review of LifeCubby. The APP does alert you when there is a new message from a parent with a purple explanation point. On the web too on the daily sheets tab or on the director's dashboard. Software has to be updated in order to work properly. Operating systems on mobile devices are always getting updated, so the app develeopers have to modify their apps to fit the new OS. Just how it works. Call if you have questions. 614-423-7815.

Lynn from Bethel Early Childhood Academy

Love the tuition tracking, checking in/out features, wish I was utilizing more features

tuition tracking and maintenance, lesson planning ease, communication with parents

Pros

tuition management and documentation for students (signing in/out, daily sheets, observations). I like that information gets pushed directly to parents phone. I also love the lesson planning feature and this is utilized well in our program.

Cons

I would like to use more features, especially for financial tracking, etc. but I can't figure it out on my own or with tutorials and don't want to pay the fee for personal instructor. Also, big jump in price from 30-60 cubbies, when I only use about 35

Response from LifeCubby

Replied July 2017

Thank you Lynn for your review of LifeCubby. Tuition tracker will be online soon and there is a FREE webinar on 8/9 at 1:00 EST. Here is the link: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/074db4edf4b8244e66858a512be5123a. If you cannot attend the webinar, sign up and then you will get the recorded version when it is complete. We never charge for training. If you ever have a question, please call us at the office at 614-423-7815.

Ayanna from Day Early Learning

My life with life cubby

I enjoy the life cubby concept and I feel it has enhanced the child care experience. I just wish there were more cohesion between the app and the webpage. Overall it’s been such a pleasure having a new way to communicate with our families and having a way to observe our students’ progress.

Pros

I enjoy the ability to communicate live with families. It’s so helpful for new comers who may be nervous about their child’s care. It allows for us to ease them and to keep them up to date on any developments.

Cons

I feel the website is very user friendly but the app is not as much. The difference in design can make input slightly complicated. The icons are not intuitive and some features feel hidden.

Response from LifeCubby

Replied May 2019

Thank you Ayanna for your review of LifeCubby. Coming very soon this summer is V3! The website and the app will be the same!

Displaying 1 - 50 of 2,325 reviews