• Pros

• "I like everything about it! It does everything and makes my job so much easier!"

• "I love that it is affordable. I love that we can keep track of our membership. "

• "It does everything we need it to do, is fast, and great support"

• Cons

• "Reports capabilities are good, but not great. The canned reports ARE very useful, but ability to produce custom reports is limited. "

• "A bit weak on accounting features and integration of income/outgo to balance sheet. Still developing some features."

• "I wish there was an app but, hey for the price and simplicity, I can bypass that."

Browse ChurchTrac Reviews

David from Roseville Baptist Church of Roseville, CA

Great Product... will grow with your church - Used at a previous church and just got for new church

Pros

If you are a small church that needs a good online database that doesn't break the bank, this is it. There are numerous features that you can choose what fits your particular ministry and have everything in one area... instead of needing 4-5 different programs to do it all. One of the best things is that you can add more and more names and then simply pay to upgrade to the next level as your church grows, so you don't have to waste money for a database of 1,000 if you only have 70 in your church currently! But (hopefully) as your church grows, you will have the finances to have the program expand with you. I also enjoy ChurchTrac as a pastor, because I can log in on my phone or iPad from wherever I am making a visit to add notes about the visit. We have also added multiple volunteers users who want to help make visits, send cards, make phone calls, etc who can add notes when they do so; there are great restriction capabilities available, so I can allow volunteers access to these note areas without allowing them access to giving records or more confidential pastoral counseling notes. We have also integrated this into our children's ministry/nursery area and purchased a Dymo label printer to give each child a name badge upon check in with emergency phone numbers and allergy warnings. Finally, the congregation access is awesome, so everyone can update their own information or get their own giving records whenever they would like to check!

Cons

A few of the reporting features are somewhat limited and not able to be as customized as I would like, but this is such a minor issue compared to all the Pros that it's hardly worth mentioning... but it was a required field so I had to come up with something. I did have an issue when I wanted to add more volunteer users, but it was fixed within an hour of opening the ticket due to their AMAZING customer service!

Lisa from Niemonds Independent Church

Love using ChurchTrac!

I think being able to email to the entire congregation, enter accounting, giving and child check in, it just makes it the best program and user friendly!

Pros

I really like that everything is in one place. You can track attendance, membership database, accounting, giving, etc. When I started using ChurchTrac it was a desk top program. Not online. But everything transferred over and was even better than before! I have worked for the church almost 6 years and I have ChurchTrac open all day as I am working! We just recently started using the Child Check In and that works fabulous! I have spent countless hours on the phone and thru email with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and she is the best tech support and I would highly recommend anyone that is new and is struggling with the program to reach to her!

Cons

I don't there is anything that I don't really like about it. You can create reports for almost anything, you just have to learn how to use the program.

Reasons for Choosing ChurchTrac

Even though when I was church secretary prior to the church where I am currently employed, I had used Servant Keeper. We checked into Servant Keeper when I first began my employment, because they had no church management software, but it was alot more expensive than ChurchTrac. And it also had several more features.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied November 2020

Thank you for the kind words Lisa! We're so glad that ChurchTrac has been such a help to your ministry for so many years. Here's to many more years to come :-)

DEMETRA from White Hall Baptist Church

Industry: Fund-Raising

Admin Assistant

I am not since i have been locked out. i feel information would be helpful, it i could pull it easily and print. I don't like not being able to speak with someone or at lease have them look a my information.

Pros

I can pull and print reports of the information I put in.

Cons

I liked the previous package better -- it was user friendly. This package is not easily walked thru to pull reports and input the information as the previous package. Someone has changed my login and password - there is not a way to speak with anyone for help! The steps provided did not work. I have been locked out all week and now starting another week. I am disgusted!

Reasons for Choosing ChurchTrac

It we something we used and we did not realize so much had changed with the new software.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied March 2020

As it turns out, this customer had a malware infection on her computer that prevented her from accessing her account. Whenever she visited a website, a popup would say that her computer failed a security check, and told her to call a toll free number answered by a person in India. This is a common scam that all internet users should be aware of....if you cannot access websites or accounts that you normally visit because they are being blocked by a popup, DO NOT call any numbers that are displayed on your screen in the popup. And absolutely DO NOT give anyone your personal information out to criminals who are posing as experts to help you fix your computer. Instead, reach out to the company or account directly to ask for assistance (use a different, un-infected computer to look up the number if necessary). In this case, we were able to help her disconnect her computer from the internet until the malware is removed by a qualified professional.

Deb from LifeSong Fellowship

New improvements are AMAZING!

I feel my records are more accurate.

Pros

ChurchTrac recently started to automatically import online giving from Stripe to my register on the day the donation was given, plus shows the date in my register when the payment clears the bank. Oh, and the Stripe fees are shown as well with each transaction. This will save me so much time and reduce my own errors. Plus reconciliation of my accounts is so easy. It has cut down my time that I spent on month end procedures. The online help topics, online webinars and videos are very helpful. I must say, too, how wonderful the support people are! I'm doing this job for my church with a very limited financial/accounting background. Whenever I had a question, they answer quickly and continue to help me until I get my issue resolved.

Cons

I had used the free ChurchTrac 9 program (about 2 years) and thought it would be an easy switch to the online version. However, I was thrown for a loop because I was also learning the online giving parts/pieces in addition to the newer software. Some things were not intuitive for me, but it could be that I was overwhelmed in trying to get everything underway in a short time, plus finance/accounting is not second nature for me. Now that I'm three months in, I'm starting to understand it better. Some of the reports could be improved. It would be nice to have the budget analysis report a bit larger for readability.

Reasons for Choosing ChurchTrac

When I looked at Tithe.ly, I didn't realize that ChurchTrac had the same capabilities for online giving. I truly only wanted one program for everything, so ChurchTrac made much more sense.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied August 2020

Thanks for the feedback Deb! Don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you do need any help with the features (especially accounting). Talk soon!

Jerrod from Harlowton Faith Chapel

Great software at the best price.

Churchtrac has helped us keep track of members much easier - including birthdays, addresses, and phone numbers. All of the person's information is in one place (we used to keep it on a spreadsheet). The accounting and giving records part fits our church better than quickbooks, since we are a smaller church.

Pros

I did a lot of research before choosing a solution for our church. Churchtrac had by far the most options included for the price. And their price is at least half of most companies. The monthly subscription includes not only management tools for people, but also accounting as well (which is a huge bonus). We also were able to create printed church directories for people in our church (and can reprint them at any time through the software). We moved our financials into churchtrac, and it is proving to be a great option as well, We are a smaller church, but the software and service have been great. Highly recommend giving them a try. You won't find a better price around - and you won't sacrifice quality for what you get.

Cons

Most of the help is through tutorials, or through videos. It is hard to talk to a live person. But they respond very quickly to any questions, and will schedule a phone call if needed. My bookkeeper is taking a little time to adjust from Quickbooks to this software, as it runs a little differently.

Reasons for Choosing ChurchTrac

Features compared to cost was much better than any other solution. And I had experience with their free product years ago and had a good experience with this company.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied April 2020

Thanks for the kind words Jerrod. We're always working hard to improve our software and keep it at a price point that's actually affordable for smaller ministries. Reach out to us anytime we can be of assistance!

Don from Lifetree Ministries

Very Satisfied

Very pleased. And it saves us a lot of money. Our old computer based system from another company charged us an annual fee much higher than Churchtrac, and then every couple years required us to pay for an “upgraded version”, at a cost of around $350.00. Since Churchtrac is web based, there are no upgrades required. In addition to its “people tracking” system (addresses, phone, membership level, etc), it really simplified our “giving” tracking system, which is also included in the basic package. We have not used their upgraded “Plus Plan” as of yet (worship planning, scheduling, Accounting & Budgeting) so I cant speak to those features.

Pros

Initially it was the cost savings. They are very reasonable and based on your congregation size which really helps smaller churches. Plus it is web based. Our older system, from a different company, was stored on our server. When it crashed we were unable to retrieve the data. This system has no need for a server. Lastly their tech support is included and has been very responsive. Very impressed.

Cons

We gave it a slightly lower rating on “Ease of Deployment”. The nice thing about Churchtrac is also it’s most challenging. It has a lot of useful features, but they take a little time to figure how to use them all. I’m sure someone who is more tech literate and who uses the varied features more regularly would have no problem.

Same as above.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied October 2020

Thanks for the kind words Don! ChurchTrac does have a LOT of features...but you will be a pro in no time at all. As you continue to learn how to navigate through everything, don't hesitate to reach out for any help. Talk soon!

Nate from Summersville Christian Church

All-in-One Management

ChurchTrac allows our church to create detailed or simple reports on information we select. Membership directories and accounting. the biggest plus our church found in the software is the accounting.

Pros

This software has everything under one roof - member directory and management, check-in, task management, texting or calling updates, online giving portal, accounting, budgets, payroll, calendar, reminders and more!!

Cons

Developing an app for this software would be monumental! The mobile display is easy to navigate but adding a mobile "dashboard" for users to access directory, their personal giving options and a communication tool used between "users and administrators" would set this software apart from others. What about adding chat feature between users and administrators through an app? ChurchTrac is definitely a software any church should try before others.

Reasons for Choosing ChurchTrac

ChurchTrac offered more than other "competitors"

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied April 2020

Thanks for the kind words Nate! Have you tried our latest feature Church Connect yet? It's a website for your church that both your members and guests can access to view giving history, see your directory, fill out custom forms, give online, and more!

Seth from Lighthouse Baptist Church

Great Program... Needs an App

We have loved the experience and updates with this software. They are constantly improving and creating new features.

Pros

It is very user friendly, and clearly is made by church staff/church thinkers.

Cons

I wish it had an app for the membership to use, instead of everything being done in a browser.

Reasons for Choosing ChurchTrac

This product was well done and very thorough, but too expensive for our smaller congregation.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied January 2020

Thanks for the review Seth! What would you want to see in an app for your members to use? Email us at support@churchtrac.com Talk Soon!

Jerry from Connection Ministries

Connection Church Review

Good track of donations and documents associated with individuals.

Pros

Cloud based. Can access from anywhere.

Cons

Need easy small group sign ups. Would like to see an app we could use and our church family also could use. Have trouble sending emails from the software. I find it difficult to use mail chimp like they suggest.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied September 2020

Thanks for the review Jerry. Have you heard about our feature Church Connect? It's a mobile-first website for your church that can be customized with cards. We have hundreds of churches using it as we speak. Many are using form cards as a way to create signup sheets for their people. Learn more here: https://www.churchtrac.com/support/connect/getting-started-with-church-connect

Beulah from Hope Spring Missionary Baptist Church

Concern & Knowledgeable

ChurchTrac is helping me with the changeover to today's technology. I do not believe there is a better complete system for accounting on the market.

Pros

The product is user friendly and easy to use. It was a new business process for our Church.

Cons

Nothing missing from the features yet; New users are continuing to learn the aspects of the system

Reasons for Choosing ChurchTrac

The Help/Tutorial features are a God send. You take your time and learn what you need to with step by step instructions. User friendly is a blessing for all users including me (Senior user 75+). I highly recommend looking at what is offered by ChurchTrac Accounting System for yourself.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied August 2020

Thank you for the kind words Beulah! Don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can do for you.

Timothy from First Christian Church, Disciples of Christ - Kent, Ohio

ChuchTrac Software Review

The support staff at ChurchTrac has been absolutely outstanding. Each time I have had a question or suggestion, they have responded within a very reasonable timeframe. The most recent interface that I had with them had to do with reporting and the potential to add a feature to one of the reports to make the users life a little easier. The initial response was that it had been designed that way for a specific reason. I accepted that but proposed an option be added to be able to run the report to include or exclude certain information that would be beneficial to the user. It was indicated this would be considered. Only time will tell if the suggestion is considered.

Pros

There are two things that make this software standout from other comparable software. The first is "It is economical. You don't have to take out a loan to afford the software. Secondly, the ease of Setup and Use. ChurchTrac is an intuitive software in that it is very user friendly and relatively easy to setup. While we currently do not use several of the features offered in the software, I have looked at them and they are as easy to setup as those that we are currently using. It would take the planning and time to commit to the setup.

Cons

There is not a lot that I don't like about the ChurchTrac software. I have found that the reporting options could be enhanced. That having been said; ChurchTrac is very aware of the reporting options provided and they have provided limited options to control the accuracy of the reporting for novice users who may not be as literate in creating reports.

Reasons for Choosing ChurchTrac

While I don't remember the various alternates by name; ChurchTrac stood alone based on what it offered, its ease of use, and its price point.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied August 2020

Thanks for the review, Timothy! We chuckled when we read "You don't have to take out a loan to afford the software." We're always trying to do our best to provide a super great value for our ministry partners, while also having the #1 best support available. Keep the ideas flowing to us. Many of the features in ChurchTrac come from the great ideas of people just like you! Talk soon.

Megan from Pinewoods Chapel

Perfect Church Management Software

I've been able to do everything I've been asked. We are using Quickbooks for our gov't-required accounting, but for the day-to-day bookkeeping, ChurchTrac even handles that! I especially love how it intgrates giving with bookkeeping so well.

Pros

ChurchTrac integrates everything I could possibly need for all aspects of church administration: people tracking, attendance, giving, receipting, income, expenses, processes, follow up, tracking screening, messaging (email & text), people reports, budget tracking & reporting, online directory (I print only as needed now), congregational access to their own giving record & contact information, ... the list goes on. I haven't found any other software that does as much as ChurchTrac. I recommend it to everyone. The price is also outstanding for what you get. Can't find anything more reasonably priced!

Cons

Would love to be able to sort people on the people screen by membership status & attendance, and would love to see individual attendance on the people screen. Giving vs. Attendance is also a report that is requested often, but I haven't figured out how to easily do that.

Price & features.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied December 2019

Hi Megan, Merry Christmas!!! It's awesome to see that you are finding so much usefulness out of our ministry tool. I have taken your suggestions about the sorting and report to our Development Team to further explore. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions at all!!!

Corrine from Journey Church

Great Church Management System Option

ChurchTrac has and continues to be capable of everything we needed and most of what we want. ChurchTrac's navigation is fairly straightforward, which is great, and their support posts tend to be helpful for everything that's not straightforward. ChurchTrac is capable of more than what we are using it for - which equates to some good goals for us to move towards things we COULD be doing. Customer service has been efficient when it is needed as well.

Pros

-Compared to what we were using, ChurchTrac is much easier to use! -The ease of getting new users familiar with the basics -Ability to personalize quite a few reports and exports for multiple uses -Overall ability to edit and find information -Customer support is rather efficient and helpful

Cons

-Some things really need some digging to find, but they can be found -Some personalizing would/has require an outside coding expert, but that is to be expected with what ChurchTrac is (want to make it so your child check-in is fool proof? you might need a coding expert) -Wish it integrated MORE with services like MailChimp (more than exporting to MailChimp), but ChurchTrac is transparent in what it does. This isn't unexpected.

Reasons for Choosing ChurchTrac

The overall startup costs for RockRMS really made the decision for our church. We felt that both ChurchTrac and RockRMS would do what we needed and most of what we wanted (Rock can do everything you want if you have access to a coding expert), and at the end of the day the ease and lower cost of setup with ChurchTrac won us over. Otherwise we felt we were comparing apples and oranges, both great fruits but so different that it's hard to compare them. There's a reason RockRMS is unique, and a great option.

George from Iglesia Bautista Genesis

Great Church Membership Software

I have been able to do keep up the information, set up records, print reports, communicate with members, print out yearly contribution reports, etc. I do not have a church secretary to take care of this information for me so I have to do it myself. I love having this software. To be totally frank, it offers much more than I am able to utilize. My goal is to learn even more of what it provides and enjoy additional benefits.

Pros

I am a pastor of a small church and had never been able to afford the "big church software" products. When I discovered ChurchTrac I found a great treasure of opportunities at a very affordable price. First of all, the product is simple to use. As with all programs it takes time to set up the membership information but after that it is very easy to keep the information up to date. The home screen shows the names and dates of those who are having birthdays soon. The People Screen is easy to use, allowing you to see member information. It is very easy to edit the information as needed. From the People Screen you can click on the Tab for Messaging. For a very reasonable price, I am able to select a small group, active members, everyone listed, etc. and then send up to a one minute recorded message. This has been a huge blessing for our church. I record the message and it is immediately sent out to those selected. I can remind them of upcoming events, things they need to remember, etc. The Attendance Screen is great. I can print out dated roll sheets for Sunday School, missions groups, Worship Service, etc. You are even able to allow members to check in via a tablet or touch screen monitor. This incredible software even includes an accounting screen and payroll. I use ChurchTrac online and can access it easily from any computer, smart phone, or tablet! The cost depends on the size of the congregation. We could afford it even as a small church! Check it out!

Cons

My preference has always been to call for tech support when I have an issue. ChurchTrac does not offer tech support by phone initially. You must send and email with a description of the problem and wait until they respond. I have utilized this free service several times. I always get a response and the information I need.

Roy from Pine Ridge Missionary Baptist Church

Easy to use and Economical Church Membership Software

In my opinion, at this time, ChurchTrac is the best replacement program for my old computer based system. With the cloud based program I can let other Church leaders have access to the information and improve our ministry to our members. I'm a Deacon and this program really can help us with our Deacon Family Ministry Plan. The cost is really great also. We're not a large church and finances are always a concern. Another feature I think will be advantageous is having our data in the cloud. I won't have to worry about keeping the system backed-up. I searched and reviewed several other programs before deciding on ChurchTrac. In my opinion, this is the best program for the money.

Pros

I liked most the ease of learning the software. I took time to enter all of our Church members into the trial version of the database because I wanted to learn the software. By the time I had entered all names (about 200) I was amazed just how much I had learned to navigate the database. I ran all types of reports, tried everything that I thought I would use and I was very happy with the results. I also communicated with customer support and their response was excellent. I won't be using all of the features in the beginning but it's nice to have those extras in case I need them in the future. I also liked the Archive feature. This allows me to place those members who haven't been to Church in many years or have joined another Church (and did not communicate that to us) in a separate area. This helps keep our membership roll clutter free. The capability of bringing these archived members back into the database is extremely important. Their data is still in the system and if we ever bring them back on the Church roll, it's just a matter of updating their information. One more like. The price is excellent. I'm purchasing this software for our Church from my own monies. I have kept the membership roll for many years on an old computer based program. The person that wrote that software is no longer updating the program so I'm sure it will fail to operate in the future as technology changes. Thank you ChurchTrac for an economical database to keep up with Church membership.

Cons

There were a few features that I got used to in the old computer based program that I was using, that was either not possible with ChurchTrac or difficult to make happen. One was a neat little directory of members (5" x 8 1/2" when printed and the paper cut in half). This was the perfect size to fit in your Bible or purse. All our members liked the size. However since playing with the reports on ChurchTrac and communicating with the support team, I have finally figured out how to print a report that is exactly that size. It's a little more work than my old program but, the result is the same. Another feature that is lacking (in my opinion) is the numbering of the pages of the reports. This is very handy when your print the reports that are multiple pages and are assembling them. I think each report should have page numbers. One more dislike. I think all reports should have the total number of members, on that report, at the end of the report. Say, on the last page at the bottom. This would help greatly when someone asks for a total.

Jeremy from Portage Avenue Church

ChurchTrac Online - good value for money, not perfect but does most of what you need to do

We switched to this software from PowerChurch, which is old and outdated. The difference was huge. Compared to outdated software like that, this software is very easy and enjoyable to work with. However, I also tried out Breeze, which is significantly better than ChurchTrac from what I could see. Their pricing is a flat rate, however, so for a small church like ours ChurchTrac provided more value.

Pros

1) Very easy to use 2) A good amount of functionality 3) Above all, the price is better than other online options I found 4) Mobile website works quite well - the online functionality is a big plus for any church who is not already using an online database

Cons

I have not had the best experience with their support people. Getting our database integrated into ChurchTrac was a bit of a hassle, it took us a while to do as we are a smaller church without a ton of staff resources to dedicate to this. We were constantly losing access to the database because our free trial had ended and it was time to pay for a software that we weren't even sure we would use. They did always extend our trial but it was a hassle and I felt like we were under the gun for taking so long. The biggest thing was that at one point the support person made a significant mistake in what she communicated to me, and rather than apologizing for that mistake, she told me it would cost our church a fee to re-import the database. Eventually that charge was waived, but there was never any admission of that mistake or apology at all. The software is also not very customizable for some features. In order to print tax receipts that look official and properly formatted, our accountant is having to download csv files and merge them together in Word. Similarly the calendar isn't very usable, because you can't sync it with your mobile calendar app. To use the calendar on mobile you'd have to log in to the mobile website, which is a lot of extra steps for a common task. Instead we are using google calendars so that we can sync all of our calendars together and use our mobile calendar apps, and then we are syncing those calendars one way with the church trac calendar, and then printing it from Microsoft Outlook, cause that's the only software that seems capable of printing a readable calendar. This all took a lot of time to set up. But now it is working very nicely. There should be a mobile app. I'm not usually one to use apps for something that can be done in a browser, but it would be nice to not have to constantly log in on your phone. An app could just stay logged in so that access is much quicker. I'm not sure if other database software like Breeze offers this option though.

Terri from Rush Christian Church

affordable easy to use program with incredible features and great support! You won't be disappointed

This software will make our church more excellent in serving God.

Pros

We have used this program for a year and love it. We use it to track our membership, attendance, finances and calendaring, but there is much more to it. They recently had an upgrade, we were concerned we would not like it, but wow! This is what you call an upgrade! It is even easier to learn and navigate. It has so many new features, I haven't even learned then all yet. I appreciate that members can access and update their own profile when you give them a code, and the church can control what parts of the membership list members can view. They can also see the calendar and their donation info. We haven't used it yet, but there is a child checkin system with access to info about childrens' allergies, special needs, etc. And all of our favorite features are still there. Easily accessed from anywhere online. I write this review to thank the support staff and creators of this program and with the hope that other churches will try it. We could never afford these features in our small but growing church. This will help us to do a better job in serving our congregation. And if you think, well I don't like that there is not a number to call for help, let me tell you that with just a tiny slice of patience to write them a message, you will receive excellent, courteous, and easily understood accurate information to dove ant issue or question you have. Folks, this is a truly Christian organization in my opinion.

Steve from Gloria Dei Lutheran Church

Easy and AFFORDABLE Church Management

Another thing I like about ChurchTrac is they know what they do best and don't try to be everything to everyone. Doing so just adds too much complexity and makes software difficult to use. We really wanted then to add file sharing. Many of the popular ones didn't fit what we needed. They politely declines and pointed out there are a number of third parties that already do that. We eventually found an easy to use and affordable solution. Also, they had a rather primitive payroll module that we were using. After careful consideration they came to the conclusion that the amount of time and money they were spending to keep it up to date didn't make sense since there were plenty of other options. So, they provided plenty of advance notice along with some suggested companies that did non-profit payroll.

Pros

AFFORDABLE: ChurchTrac offers unparalleled VALUE. Even the smallest of churches can afford to have a robust set of features: Member Management, Online Giving, Finances, Communications (by phone, e-mail, text) and Calendars are the ones we use most. We also are able to produce our pictorial directory of members using ChurchTrac. It's the first time we have been able to do it without a lot of extra help and expense. EASY TO USE: As a new user, I appreciated the informative pop-up help text available throughout the software. DOCUMENTATION: There are thorough guides available online that provide more detailed instructions on how to use the system. SUPPORT: They are very responsive and helpful when you need them.

Cons

I wasn't impressed with their Payroll module. It was primitive and had some peculiar glitches. They realized this, too and made the appropriate call (see below).

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied February 2020

We really appreciate the feedback Steve! You're spot on regarding Payroll. After careful consideration, we decided to focus more on the core of what makes ChurchTrac great. Reach out to us anytime you need any help or if you have any ideas for the software. Take care

Karen from Tinkling Spring Prebyterian Church

Top Notch

Super, wonderful, excellent...can't say enough good things about it. The support is wonderful.

Pros

Easy to use; very intuitive. You are able to customize the categories and add tags , notes, etc. to your specific needs. Absolutely love the smart list and ability to create attendance reports for meetings, gatherings and events of all sizes.

Cons

When first learning about ChurchTrac it would have been helpful to have more videos available. The library is gradually building, but could have made initial use easier.

Reasons for Choosing ChurchTrac

User friendly, customer reviews, and cost were the main reasons we purchased ChurchTrac

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied May 2020

Thanks for the kind words Karen! What kind of videos did you feel we were lacking? We're adding videos weekly and would love the feedback :-)

Robbie from United Methodist Church

Great tool for keeping accurate records for attendance

ChurchTrac is great, but if there isn't a good process in place for people to sign in, then it might not be a good investment. Accurate attendance tracking requires accurate weekly reports, or it is useless.

Pros

Firt of all, attendance tracking is about following up with those who are new, or following up with those who have been missing for a season, and if the information is inaccurate going in, then it will not be as helpful. My current congregation is wonderful at filling out the attendance pads, and I am so thankful. This software, once you have the basic information of the individuals added, is very easy to track from week to week, as simple as a checkmark by each name present.

Cons

I would like there to be a shortcut to the features we use the most, but that isn't a big deal. I did not like it when it went to online vs on a computer, but honestly, it is nice to be able to access it anywhere. It takes a moment to learn what you need to do, but once you are used to it, it is easy enough. Of course I would prefer it be "free," haha! You'll be surprised how much storage you will need. This church only averages about 150, so it would seem like 250 would be plenty, but we had to go the next size up because there are enough people who come a few times a year that we still want to track, and with those extra folks we were EASILY over 250, though we tried to not go up to that next price point.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied April 2020

Thanks for the review Robbie! Did you know you can archive people? Take a look at our user-guide and search "archive". Archived people don't count against your allotment and you can unarchive them at any time. Thanks!

Christina from Normandy Park Baptist Church

ChurchTrac makes my job so much easier!

I love how easy the systems is to use, and how great the customer service is for whenever I have a question or a problem. When I create a help ticket I get a response usually within minutes or at the most an hour, but never more than that! I love the fact that they offer great training opportunities to be able to learn about existing or new features and functions!

Pros

I have been using ChurchTrac since 2013 and it is a very easy system to use and understand the functionality of. I am by no means tech savvy but am able to navigate the system with no problems at all, and I like that it makes my job so much easier! ChurchTrac offers so many training opportunities with the ChurchTrac users FB group, YouTube videos and webinars.

Cons

Right now I cannot think of any cons, other than there are so many new features being released sometimes it takes a moment for me to catch up to the training that is being offered, but that is not a bad thing!

Reasons for Choosing ChurchTrac

I formerly worked at a different church and ChurchTrac was already the software system they used. When I came to church I work at, it was already what they were using, too!

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied October 2020

Your Rock Christina! Thank you for your kind words. Put on your seat belt, because we still have some great things coming in the future :-)

Tommy from PromiseLand Church of Sherman

Easy to use software that allows us to manage the resources entrusted to us as a Church.

360 accounting, member management, communication & growth tracking per member/guest, giving management, fund management, streamline budgeting and financial reports, member text to give, recurring giving, I can go on and on we are very pleased with this software and the company they stand behind their product and offer amazing support even if you make mistakes they are there to help you correct them. I tell all of my ministry friends about Chruchtrac. We are relatively a small church with a limited staff but having ChurchTrac in our corner empowers us to function wiser and be more effective.

Pros

imple to use and everything we needed to accurately track expenses, giving, and payroll as well as budget and financial statements. The customer service and support is unsurpassed. Not only that but when you do reach out they treat you with respect every step of the way without making you feel inferior due to your lack of knowledge or understanding in accounting or technology. Volunteers have really enjoyed using the program which makes life easy all the way around and it is by far less expensive than a lot of the other "names" out there... you will not regret utilizing this software/program for your church or nonprofit's needs.

Cons

There is no application for mobile use; however, the site adjusts perfectly to every device I have logged in from. The text to give function works once your member goes to the member site on your website and gets it set up. It would be better if any person could text to a specific # to Text N Give but overall it is still amazing that you get all of this functionality for the cost and top notch support!

Dave from Wagener UMC

Easy, Inexpensive, Useful - why pick 2? With ChurchTrac, you can get all THREE!

Membership/attendance, pastoral care, event scheduling and promotion, and overall team and community communication are much less demanding with ChurchTrac.

Pros

ChurchTrac is very flexible, particularly in its latest iteration. With tags, labels, and cards, it's possible to slice and dice your data to get to and communicate with whatever segment of your congregation or community you wish.

Cons

Haven't hit any roadblocks so far, apart from not having an easy way to get people to volunteer. Oh, it's easy enough to put together and present opportunities for them to volunteer; ChurchTrac's great for that. It's just getting them to actually do it that's the tricky part. I'm sure ChurchTrac's working on that, though. :D

CBA

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied September 2020

Thanks for the review Dave. We're glad that you are loving the software. Keep us posted on how things are going!

Dianne from Oaks Presbyterian Church

The best of the best!

One of the things we most appreciate about ChurchTrac is that it is extremely forgiving. If a mistake is made it is correctable. Overall experience has been over and above what we anticipated or expected.

Pros

It is the whole package as ChurchTrac offers attendance, financials/budgets, contributions, scheduling of events, and so much more. We have used ChurchTrac for over a year and with some help from ChurchTrac it was easy to setup. It's a great product, affordable and perfect for small or large churches with small budgets. It's a ministry and we are grateful for ChurchTrac.

Cons

A feature we really need is payroll and ChurchTrac doesn't offer payroll.

ChurchTrac was affordable.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied October 2020

Thanks for the glowing review, Dianne! Can we connect sometime this week? We'd love to hear more about how you're using ChurchTrac and answer any questions you may have. Just email us at support@churchtrac.com to schedule a phone call.

Donna from Bethel Pentecostal Holiness Church

Excellent Company to deal with

I have been with Church Trac for years, using the desktop, I just went online version Monday, and with all the excellent help and replies so quick, I was able to get to work with it. The features I havent' learned the all, but I am trying each day to get on and work on something, and find things on there that is very helpful.. Love the front page with reminders and birthdays coming up, that will be a great help to me since I am in charge of sending out cards and all... I was hesitant of going online with this, but I took the jump, and glad I did. If you were to get this program from some one else, it would cost you a fortune, for the price I cannot believe it... I am sure God is into this company and people working there...

Pros

I love the front page with dates, reminders and notes and all...I know I am really going to like when I use the message phone, I will love it will show who got it and didn't, having so many complaints, from people at church with the old one, not getting the message, so now I will know..

Cons

I have to get use the giving page, typing in letters, and names popping, on old program names easier to get to, but I am sure I will get the hang of it..

Alex from Journey of Faith Christian CHurch

ChurchTrac is an EXCELLENT resource that is unequaled and unrivaled for the cost.

Pros

ChurchTrac offers similar capabilities to the "bigger names" at a fraction of the cost. Having the ability to integrate with MailChimp, have accounting and budgetary functions, can limit access to selected modules (i.e., accounting and giving), provide congregational access, and automate functions reduces the time staff must spend on the computer while increasing our ability to be with people. The fact ChurchTrac can provide the same capabilities as others but at a much lower cost serves to reflect they truly have a heart for churches and ministry. It is not just talk with ChurchTrac. The support staff is wonderful and quick to provide help or answer questions. We have never once regretted our decision to trade a "big name" CMS for ChurchTrac! I only wish we found them at the time we planted out church and used them from the beginning. If we had, it would have saved a significant amount of money to which we could have applied to ministry.

Cons

This is certainly NOT a complaint, but a reflection of our reality. Integration with outside platforms is limited. We joined the ChurchTrac family with certain accounts already established and chose not to change those relationships. Maintaining these relationships caused us to sometimes do duplicative work. Having identified the limitations of limited integrations, I have found the ChurchTrac staff always willing to receive and entertain ideas for future additions.

Tommy from PromiseLand Church of Sherman

A Church Management Software & Support that actually does what it says... simply.

This software is very easy to learn. I pastor and work full time and was able to pick up on how to set it up and use it a lot quicker than a couple of the other bigger names we have tried including one that we paid over that was never used b/c it was just too complicated for someone other than a CPA. One of the other great things about ChurchTrac is that it is affordable for all size congregations and as you grow the software grows with you. Every interaction with ChruchTrac support has been amazing.

Pros

Easy to learn. Easy to teach volunteers. Simple and accurate form of accounting. Budget creation. Various built in reports that allow you to monitor income and expenses quickly. Fund accounting. Member access portal to view events and their giving statement/pledge progress. The ability to archive inactive members or guests so that it does not count towardOnline help documentation and 24hour turn around on support tickets.

Cons

They do not have 24 hour support. When we have had a problem or I fail to understand something the online help and support ticket system has been flawless. The software exceeds our expectations and as of yet we have not experienced any real negatives.

May 2016

Tim from Alta Canyon Baptist Church

May 2016

Game Changer

I would recommend ChurchTrac to any church...of any size. I have worked with Quicken, Quickbooks, Power Church, as well as ACS, and ChurchTrac is by far the most user friendly and easy to use. I now pastor a small church in Salt Lake City. When I first arrived, they were using Quicken. Quicken can be manipulated to work with a small church but is so limited in what it can do. We had somebody using Excel to keep track of attendance. The Financial Secretary created his own Excel spread sheet to keep track of giving, and the treasurer making her own to keep track of the different designated funds. We were referred to Power Church. We tried for 2 year to make it work (went through personal tutoring from Power Church, and even hired a CPA for a day to help us) but we had no confidence in the software. We continued to use Quicken the whole time and were so afraid we couldn't teach anybody new how to use the program when we didn't know how too. This is not to say that Power Church isn't good in the right setting, but we were clearly not that right setting. That is when I found ChurchTrac. It reminds me of that little car that is packed with all the technology of the big luxury car. It does everything. In one little program, if I wanted to, I can track attendance, giving, budget, payroll, accounting, spiritual shape of the people, birthdays, calendar events, blast out emails or texts, and so much more. I can do all this through my computer, tablet, or smart phone, and so can anybody else, depending on their permission level who has permission to do so because it is all on a secure cloud. Even church members can have access to the program from where they are to get contact info (Names, Numbers, Addresses) for other members, calendar events, update their profile, or see their giving history for the year. And the best part of this whole program...I set the whole thing up myself for the entire church with no help and have also helped other churches do the same. Their help tab within the program walks you step by step through the whole setup process with pictures and if I have ever needed anything from a personal touch, I always had my issue resolved within the hour. They have been quick and thorough. The extent of what I know about computers is "control alt delete" and "restart". I can honestly say 2 things: If I can do it, so can you, and If you get this program...you and your entire church will love it.

Dan from Griffith Baptist Church

Excellent Value

ChurchTrac has definitely helped us maintain our membership database much better, and make better decisions because of the way we can track membership.

Pros

I love the fact that ChurchTrac is built for churches by people who understand churches. The features really mirror our needs.

Cons

There's not really any features I don't like. There are some that we don't use so I don't know how well they work... for instance we still use QuickBooks for our accounting.

Reasons for Choosing ChurchTrac

Price and user friendliness.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied April 2020

Thanks for the review Dan! We've had hundreds of ministries switch from Quickbooks to ChurchTrac Accounting. Check it out sometime!

Joy from North Oaks Baptist Church

Wonderful Program.

This software is a pleasure to use. It is highly visual and intuitive. Switching from our more cumbersome program was a huge relief.

Pros

ChurchTrac is so much easier to use than our previous church management software. It is very intuitive, and the online user guide is very easy & quick to use. Extensive training is not needed to use this program. Being able to log in from any computer or phone is great. Statistics are at our fingertips, the pre-programmed reports are awesome, and entering attendance has never been easier. It is very easy to find numbers, trends, and statistics that are helpful in managing a business. The customer support is outstanding and they are very quick to respond.

Cons

We are spoiled to Outlook for our calendar functions, so it was a disappointment that ChurchTrac's calendar system is not as functional. We were also dissapointed that setting up a custom report is not as easy as it should be, but is still easier than the previous program. Also, suggestions are listened to and passed along to the development team, which is very encouraging.

Reasons for Choosing ChurchTrac

Cost, ease of use, recommendation from another church.

Marsha from Chattanooga Valley Presbyteria

Churchtrac is AWESOME!!

We love Churchtrac!

Pros

I love the ease of setup and use of Churchtrac, and the ever increasing value as they develop and implement ways of making Churchtrac more user friendly.

Cons

There are a few features I would like to see come to fruition in the next couple of years, but all in all, it's a great value for the price!

Reasons for Choosing ChurchTrac

The value of the features versus cost was a big factor in our decision.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied September 2020

You are Awesome Marsha! What features are you needing? We'll send you an email to get the dialogue going?

Ricky from Mt. Zion Assembly of God

ChurchTrac Software

I really like that they offer a complete software package that our church can use that doesn't break the bank. Our church is a small church, but we still need to manage our finances. ChurchTrac gives us this ability with ease of use.

Pros

I enjoyed how easy it was to setup and use. It was not so complicated that it took an accounting degree to setup. I was able to do this myself.

Cons

At first there were a couple things that I thought would be nice to have in this software package, email, accounting, etc. Over time, as the software progressed, the things I were looking for were added and I was able to use them included in the cost I was already paying.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied December 2019

Hi Ricky, I am glad that you were able to find our application so useful for your ministry. We are always looking for ways to enhance our tool to serve you all more effectively, so be on the lookout for new features.

Jeff from First United Methodist Church, Hutchinson, Kansas

Great church database software for any price, plus the price is quite affordable!

My church is better organized and has saved money in the process.

Pros

ChurchTrac Online is a quality church database solution. It offers good solutions for varied needs-- not only membership and attendance tracking but also giving statements and even basic accounting and calendar. We have come to use nearly all of its features. Customer service is also very fast, responsive, and helpful. Plus, the yearly price is fantastic-- far lower than competing software packages that do only barely more.

Cons

As good as ChurchTrac Online is, I wouldn't quite call it a fully mature piece of software yet. It still lacks basic features such as robust attendance analysis or even having a way to view a member's attendance history for that matter. (It's worth noting that you can download most data as a spreadsheet to do your own analysis elsewhere.) The payroll feature is also very, very minimal. That said, I'm not complaining... it is remarkable what they are doing for the price point!

Douglas from Gethsemane Presbyterian Church

Small Church or Large, ChurchTrac Keeps you in Charge

Our small Presbyterian church (50 members) uses ChurchTrac primarily for financial management: tracking our Checking, Savings, and Endowment accounts; managing member and visitor contributions (especially for tax purposes); and allocating income and expenses to appropriate budget categories. Every Sunday we input all contributions using the Giving menus. Each month we reconcile our checking account and assign expenses to their various categories such as pastor salary, Fellowship, or Mission.

Pros

Intuitive and uncluttered user interface allows you to quickly switch between tasks.

Cons

Some advanced features take a while to understand.

Reasons for Choosing ChurchTrac

Far more comprehensive user experience, and solid customer support.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied January 2020

Hi Douglas! As easy as our software is to use, there are definitely some advanced features that require the time to become a pro. Anytime you need help we're just a message away. Check out our awesome new Youtube videos too. We're adding new ones almost every week. Have a happy New Year!

Maggie from South Kendall Community Church

Best bang for our buck!

Addresses specific church needs not needed in regular bookkeeping (donations, pledges, membership etc.) at an affordable price.

Pros

ChurchTrac is geared to the specific needs of churches where something like QuickBooks would not suffice for us. They have a ton of features we don't even use as our church is mid-size and we just haven't gotten around to implementing certain things but it's nice to know that we can use them all when we get around to setting things up. Their customer service is FANTASTIC. I shoot them an email with a question and I usually have a very quick response in my inbox. The last time I emailed not only did they tell me why something was happening, they went ahead and pointed out the 2 deposits causing the discrepancy! They continue to impress me with the help they provide.

Cons

Coming from a bookkeeping background I sometimes think that something is not functioning the way "it should" but it's always been resolved to my satisfaction.

Klara from Magee's Creek Baptist Church

Wonderful Company

Overall experience has been great. I will continue to use this product and recommend it.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the swiftness of help available. I have a fair understanding of accounting, but there have been times when I needed the help of the staff at CT. I ask my question and they answer very quickly; even calling me in the early days of doing the initial setup.

Cons

I haven't figured out a couple of things about it yet, but I can't blame the software. It could be me. I tried to change a date on a contribution database; short of deleting and re-entering it; I couldn't do it.

Reasons for Choosing ChurchTrac

Cost and the reviews from others.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied February 2020

Thanks for the kind words Klara! You'll go pro at ChurchTrac in no time. As usual, don't hesitate to reach out for any help.

Tina from Redemption Rock Church of Cape Cod

ChurchTrac is very easy to use. We are a small church and just need a software to keep tract of our income and expenses and run the end of year giving to church members. This software is a big helper for bookkeeper and treasurer and I heard that it was a big help for pastors as well.

Pros

ChurchTrac is very easy to use and it may my job easier.

Cons

I like how easy it is to use and good teach support.

Daniel from Fostoria Church Of God

Accounting, giving, people tracking, kids church tracking, & much more that all churches can afford.

The platform to handle our church finances with confidence and integrity.

Pros

Includes online giving, giving in general and it offers expense tracking. Many softwares will require you to upgrade to get more features. Churchtrac gives it all to you for a price that every ministry can afford. If your a small church, the software and price grows with you. And it's cloud based which means you can work on the platform from anywhere.

Cons

Does not offer text to give. And it does not automatically link to your online bank account. You have to download from your account and upload into the software.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied August 2017

Daniel, Thanks for your amazing review. We really do appreciate the kind words. I just wanted to let you know that we do offer text giving already, as part of our Online Giving feature. As you already are aware, this is offered to you as part of the program whereas other companies charge around $60/month for it. We offer it included, and you just pay the processing fees through the company that charges the card. Here is a link to our article about it: https://churchtraconline.com/articles/do-you-know-we-offer-text-giving/ Glad to be serving alongside you in ministry!

Carol from Benton First Church of the Nazarene

ChurchTrac Software Perfect for Us

ChurchTrac helps us get our reporting and accounting done easily and quickly. We have used ChurchTrac software for several years but switched to the online version the beginning of last year and are very pleased with it. I highly recommend it.

Pros

What I like most about ChurchTrac is that it is user-friendly and has fast and easy-to-understand product support. The few times I've had to use support, they have given speedy, clear help. I also like that I can archive (and thus not pay for their listing) members who have not been active, but still need to be on the records so that we can issue end-of-year receipts for tax purposes.

Cons

The only drawback is that ChurchTrac doesn't offer immediate telephone support. It's all accomplished via e-mail messaging, but it is very quick. I suppose this helps cut down on the costs so that the program is exceptionally reasonable for all that it offers.

Mike from Hillside Fellowship

Was great but just lost some value

Overall it has been great but as stated above with the removal of payroll function it has lost some value

Pros

Web based Low cost Many features for church use like managing your membership, calendars, attendance and accounting.

Cons

A recent decision by ChurchTrac to remove payroll feature beginning January 2020 was a huge disappointment. For a church that is as small as ours their accounting/payroll feature for a very reasonable cost was the primary reason for choosing ChurchTrac. With the payroll feature being removed we will need to re-evaluate the value.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied December 2019

Hi Mike, Thank you so much for your review. We wish you the merriest of Christmas, and are glad to have you as a partner in ministry. We understand your frustration in our decision to move away from the payroll feature, but rest assured that we did this in order to serve our ministry's the best we can. We have even worked with other payroll companies to find ones that work the best with clergy and will even pass through 20% monthly discounts to our ministries. You should have received an email detailing those options. If you need any assistance whatsoever, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Denita from Education Institute

Great platform

We needed a tool which would streamline contributions, bookkeeping, membership, and tracking various funds that also lived in the cloud.

Pros

I enjoyed the ease of use. Everything was pretty simple to locate. If I needed help, there was a quick article or video to assist. The trial was easy to implement and the features are very streamlined to assist smaller churches like the one I attend and even larger ones.

Cons

I wish it did import my transactions from my bank.

Reasons for Choosing ChurchTrac

I enjoyed the simplicity, the ease of use, and the clean look of the program. It wasn;t too complex the average person couldn't figure it out and it wasn't outdated looking.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied February 2020

Hi Denita Thanks for the kind words! You can import bank transactions if you export them to the proper format. Go to https://www.churchtrac.com/support/accounting/importing-transactions to learn more. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. Take care!

Phil from Christ Community Church

The best software support

Ease of use for our small church. Reports for the church council took some getting used to as the reports are "canned" and only certain fields can be modified or changed. Overall, for the annual charge, this program has been very useful and I wouldn't want to go back to the more expensive product which had limitations in that it was only used for accounting functions. Churchtrac gives more functions such as members/guests information, attendance, etc.

Pros

Any time I make a mistake, the support people are great in getting the answer to my question/problem and either explaining how to correct or if needed, they will make the correction for me. I usually utilize the support function about two to three times a year, and over the past 6 years they have fixed or explained what I did and how to correct it every time giving them a 5 star response.

Cons

Our most recent request only garnered 4 stars instead of 5, which had to do with the changes in the software and I requested that for our use, could they please go back to the prior functions. This was denied. However, now that I have utilized the changed program, I really don't need to use the prior version.

August 2016

Joe from Exodus Baptist Church

August 2016

Best Church Management Software Ever

Our church is small (about 30 members), but growing. Churchtrac has grown along with us, and has become part of our culture. It has integrated into our daily operations regarding visitors, outreach, member attendance, giving, etc. I especially LOVE the messaging system that allows me to print letters, send emails/texts, and even call groups with a recorded message. This system has it all, function, ease of use, and great value. I love churchtrac.

Pros

It's easy to use, is great to keep track of attendance, visitors, outreach efforts, giving, etc. Plus, the messaging system is awesome. Also, the software grows along with the church. Pricing is modeled to be affordable regardless of church size or budget.

Cons

It's hard to think of any. I guess not having a native mobile app would be a con. It would be nice to have an app. It can be a little confusing to get the app on the device using the current method, but I figured it out, and I like having access to all features on my phone.

Michele from actionchurch

Amazing Software

I am the bookkeeper for our church. This software is so easy to work with every week. I just love it. The Customer Support is fast and helpful.

Pros

This software is simple to start and set up. It helps you step by step. The navigation is simple, its easy to use. It is so incredibly user friendly and whenever you need Customer Support they respond so fast and are really helpful. I was unsure of what software to get, because I had used something else for so long but I so not regret switching to this.

Cons

I have not found anything in the last year that I would like to change.

Reasons for Choosing ChurchTrac

I felt that it was easy during the trial they allowed me. They also allowed us to be charged based on data size and I really loved that. It was also online so no worries about a program crashing , which is why I had to switch to begin with.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied February 2020

Thank you Michele! We do our best to make ChurchTrac user-friendly. As usual, don't hesitate to reach out to us for support :-)

Vicki from Central Lutheran Church

Great customer service

Pros

I need to make a lot of lists for our staff, ChurchTrac has made that fairly easy to do. I like the updated TAG feature in the program. They also have great customer service--even during a massive update I was able to connect with their staff right away.

Cons

I would like better capabilities of what details we need concerning each partner, removing some 'standard' information that ChurchTrac in-puts. I would also like to see an option to print the details of an individual partner to use as an information sheet for transfer information.

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied April 2020

Thanks for the review Vicki! Though we've been busy doing many upgrades, we're never too busy to help all of our churches. Could you create a support ticket with your feedback regarding the capabilities you would like to see? After all, we make ChurchTrac for you...not us.

Richard from Bethel Lutheran Church Grandville, Mi.

One of the best software programs of any kind.

Exceptional is the one word I think of to describe ChurchTrac. It is very easy to use and anyone with simple beginner computer skills can use it. It gives us all the information we need in very clear and accurate reports. It reduced the time we spent on information gathering by more than 50%. It is amazing what this program can do at such a low cost. I would suggest the cloud version for the most updated version and the ability to pull up information wherever there is an internet connection.

Pros

Ease of use yet gives us all the info we need and then some.

Cons

There are no cons that I can see and we have been using it for about three years.

Nate from Summersville Christian Church

The ALL-IN-ALL PACKAGE

I'll be honest, this past week was a nightmare! In the past 7 days I had access to 7 demos on church management software. All I wanted was to find the one to meet the needs of the church. After walking away from the computer for a literal 24 hours with 20 more gray hairs, I returned to the computer screen the next day. Within a simple search of the web I landed on the help page of ChurchTrac and within 2 minutes I knew this software would be the right fit! I was able to see a dashboard that is user-friendly enough my 9 year old could help! I spent that day navigating around the software playing with the reports, groups, attendance and accounting section. Like all software, it's a learning curve. But don't fret, the customer support changed my perspective in their resources they provided with my questions. I'm glad I had a hands on demo to play with before making a purchase. Save yourself the time and headache on trying the other demos, ChurchTrac is the All-in-All package!

Pros

User-friendly interface and accessibility. From providing SMS, to accounting, online-giving, etc!

Cons

Not sure the best way to explain this con but sometimes a button or feature is available in one area but not in another area. EX: Adding people either to family or individual from the admin side, no way to add them to a group until they are saved as a person. The groups tab is available above the person's details. However, when adding a person through check-in mode groups is an option to select when adding a person. It would be nice to have groups option like the check-in mode available for the admin side too.

Kelli from Living Waters Ministries

Prior Membership to Church Trac

To be honest, membership plus was no longer servicing our membership packet that we had and we had to go looking for another software that was comparable for what we needed and very cost effective as we are a smaller but growing congregation. We looked at several other options and went with Church Trac mainly for the price and the easy of function. They have been very prompt to answer if we have had a question or issue. They recently did an upgrade grade that improved the software and again, very little stress in learning the software upgrade in my opinion and I am a " I have got to be taught what I need to know" kinda person, I just am not tech savy. I do recommend , if you are looking for software, to give them a try.

Pros

Cost effectiveness Easy of learning to use

Cons

The way the reports look. They are functional and give you the info but no frills

Price Easy of function

Ed from Beulah Baptist Church

Finance Dir.

Never used Church fin. software before. All my questions were answered very quickly. Lorri did a wonderful job. The saw worked fine for our Church. We have not reached the 100 mark but they still treated us like we were paying customers. Would highly recommend trying them first. Customer support is very important so keep in mind they do a great job in support. Hope this helps you make the choice to use them. I should mention before closing even when I messed up they took the time to help me see where I had gone wrong. I will recommend ChurchTrac to small Churches in my area. I think it is great they try to help small Churches by providing the software free (and it is free) to use until they get big enough and have the finances to be able to pay for it. Ed Tilley

Pros

The main one is Customer Support - very quick response.

Cons

Wow - Nothing that I have found

William from LTG Church

A Pastor created this and it shows

Easy to use but powerful in its feature set and always reinventing itself to meet the changing and complex needs of ministry

Pros

This software is so well thought and its presented in a logical structure format thats not overwhelming. The "heart" of a pastor and how one thinks is clearly evident in this software's implementation.

Cons

Some of the newer features seem half done or underdeveloped but I know in time that Churchtrac will either enhance those festures with more usability or scrap it altogether if it doesnt offer value or productivity

Response from ChurchTrac Software

Replied September 2020

Thank you for the feedback William! We'd like to hear more of your thoughts ChurchTrac. After all, we make it for you...not us. Email us at support@churchtrac.com or create a support ticket. Thanks!