(5,651)

5,651

(3,048)

3,048

• Pros

• "I love everything about this software! It's so easy to use and the price can't be beat! "

• "It is so easy to set up and it does everything itself after that, I love it."

• "Love this product. Easy to use and understand. So many features that come in handy, under various circumstances."

• Cons

• "OneDrive is a great product, but lacks some of the features of Google Drive which is a competing cloud storage service. "

• "OneDrive works very well, but I would say that the one con is the fact that it sometimes gives you too much data from the server, and it can take up a lot of your local drive space."

• "Interface is a little clunky, but it is functional."

Browse OneDrive Reviews

Imi from NDT

Great Product that is troubling due to constant changes.

It is my go to.. I think about OneDrive as my hard drive, Love it. However, I speak for the many persons who are frustrated because they are not tech savvy.

Pros

I loved that you have all you documents synced onto your personal devices, and I USED to love the fact that there was a separation of concern regarding the shared sync tool from OneDrive and my personal OneDrive file. This allow my team members files to be in its own "space" and this was a good thing. This was what I liked about the OneDrive ..... but

Cons

OneDrive has changed in 2021 and this change has brought about headache for all. No syncing because the OneDrive is locked and awaiting action by users who has no idea as to what is wrong... Removal of the SharePoint/OneDrive sync has now left me with the newest experiment that is named the "ShortCut inside the OneDrive" these shortcuts are difficult to manage. I am used to improvement and enhancements, but when having to deal with thousand of employees that are just getting their feet wet, some changes are "UnWelcome"

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Office 365 is complete and enterprise ready. Come on this google products are otherwise. Good, but I have always read that there is Good, then there is Better and there is the Best... I think Good, Better Best is appropriate to apply for this situation. I am not saying that OneDrive is the Best, but is is Better than the rest.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

The 365 E5 offer is just a very comprehensive package. This is what made /forced the switch, but once you have join this movement then you cannot move back. It addictive.

Norzihan from Maxis

Good option for cloud storage

I really like using cloud storage service because the easy access to my files and data, also can be protected with password for sharing purpose. The uploading and downloading speed is pretty fast depending to my internet connection stability. Overall, it has a good value for money spend here.

Pros

Working with OneDrive with Microsoft Office 365 is really amazing as i can saves my Office document directly to my OneDrive cloud folder without having to save it manually on the OneDrive platform. This software has its own application for mobile and computer that is working on the background, and it will automatically save a backup file for all the new file saves on my computer.

Cons

There are no option to recovering for older version that has been updated/overwritten for my file and document. The premium plan should include this option as the premium plan has much larger cloud space that can hold or archiving the old document easily.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Both has their winning feature, but i am more comfortable using OneDrive.

Dominique from Happy Transcripts

Industry: Writing and Editing

OneDrive DESTROYED MY LAPTOP

OneDrive caused me to lose hundred upon hundreds of essential files. it messed up the whole computer system for me, and Microsoft did nothing to help even after messaging them countless times.

Pros

I can honestly say I don't know what I like about this software because nothing ever went positive with it for me. From the very start, my files wouldn't allow me to access them because of OneDrive and I received no help from Microsoft.

Cons

OneDrive absolutely ruined my old laptop. Microsoft pushed for their customers to store all their files through OneDrive, so I did. I saved all my files onto it, and I've never had so many issues with a software in my life. Every single file, there was something "wrong" with. I lost 95% of my files because of OneDrive. The permissions went haywire. It kept insisting that I didn't have permission to access files, yet I was the only user on my computer and it was the only device stored on it. Files kept getting locked or saying they were "offline and unable to access." None of the files would sync no matter what I did. Files kept duplicating then wouldn't save because of it. No matter how many times I opened a brand new document and tried to save it, something else would go wrong. I couldn't save documents at all. I reached out to customer service numerous times and received no help. Finally, I had to take OneDrive off on my laptop. I now have a new device and refuse to use their software ever again. I store everything on my computer.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

I made the switch because I thought a Microsoft software would work better with my Windows 10 HP laptop, but I was wrong. Now I save everything onto my desktop only.

Bradley from Fisher & Associates

Great product

Excellent. Copies Documents and pictures between my iPhone and PC. Organized the My Documents folder to sync. Have had a few issues with My Pictures and syncing from the iPhone. Think I need to enable background application operations or some sort of tweak to better sync over from my iPhone.

Pros

Syncs all documents to my Windows 10 machine from my iPhone. Easy to securely register devices with SMS Texts, e-mails with codes, and the MS Authenticator app.

Cons

Have had a few issues with photos from the iPhone. Likely a fluke or settings tweak needed. Seems like syncs from the iPhone are a little off at the moment. Everything from my PC ports over directly.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Always have had great results from Microsoft. Very loyal. Excellent company.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Like Authenticator and the MS Office 365 License I have includes one drive. I believe a few version may be available as well. Please note DropBox did a nice job too. One Drive is a bit more complicated, but seems to offer more options. Perhaps increased security as well.

Ali from AZEREX LLC.

Your files above your head on the clouds with OneDrive!

If you need a simple and functional software with all the features for backup in the clouds, Microsoft OneDrive is your answer. Working with Andes is very enjoyable and simple.

Pros

Transferring personal files and photos with OneDrive is very simple. Microsoft knows how to simplify complex software and at the same time be very fast, smart and powerful with highest security features. All our personal and organization files are stored in Microsoft Safe Clouds via OneDrive. In sending files with large sizes, all you have to do is attach the file link to the person via OneDrive or attach the file from there. Also now Backing up files is very simple now via OneDrive. Extremely simple and very smart in doing things and very smart and fast backup.

Cons

Features such as link expiration after a specific date or password for files are very important and must be added to this platform.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

More Simple, Access to Microsoft office Tools and has great support team.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Compress uploaded photos without prior notice to me and I need the original size of the files.

Jarvis from Infinite Ideals

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

One Solution: One Drive

Overall I like that my team and I can upload and share files, documents, and proposals remotely in real-time reducing wasting upload times. We can make changes and the other time member can review changes instantly. It has allowed us to really make our business mobile and we can work from home or on the subway or even driving cross country with one of our drivers.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the ability to open and access files from any device such as PC, Phone, Tablet etc. I also like how its real time as well.

Cons

I don't see or come across anything that I didn't really like or enjoy about the software it exceeded my expectations 10 fold.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Brand, name and reviews all gave One drive the heads up in the market place.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

The change was more economical and the software was apart of the office suite.

Damian from Educe Consultancy

Benchmark in Cloud File Sharing and Collaboration.

I'm pretty sold on OneDrive due to it's key integration across the Office family. I use both Windows and MacOS and have to say MS do need to up their game on their offering to Mac users. The experience is still integrated and seamless but OneDrive interface lacks the depth of its Windows counterpart. Pricing is negated when part of the 365 Suite and you get 1TB too (readers to check at time of reading). Taken on its own, you can probably find cheaper storage solutions per buck but you may lack security and collaboration tools. OneDrive works extremely well on mobile devices too and makes document management on the go, easy. It's ability to collect a file from any PC you've setup a OneDrive folder one is hugely beneficial.

Pros

I rate OneDrive highly due to the safe-guarding/keeping features, the straightforward nature of One Drive and the intuitive UI. If you are fully integrated with Office then it provides a seamless experience to connect all Office apps for collaboration and synchronisation. I need files across various devices and OneDrive provides apps for all popular desktop OS's and device. Specific areas in order of importance: Security - As a minimum I have 2-factor authentication on everything and OneDrive utilises this too. Even if your password is blacklisted and weak then you have the safety of the MS Authenticator App on mobile and email with the former working on my Apple Watch, which is a great feature. For the ultimate protection you use OneDrive's Personal Vault feature, AES 256-bit encrypted on Microsoft’s servers and controlled by PIN for chosen folders. Sharing & Security - The ability to drop your files or folders in a OneDrive folder on one device, it is then duplicated on all the devices which have the OneDrive folder installed. A great feature that is lacking with icloud and Google Drive is the ability to Password protect and set expiration dates. Photo management - This is more personal than business. One Drive includes really rich photo management attributes. OneDrive emulates iCloud (vice versa) and OD auto-uploads pics & videos from my smartphone's camera roll. It saves small Kb versions on your phone that can be downloaded for full resolution if needed.

Cons

Storage - If you take it as a stand alone I would say that there are better options for storage capacity relative to OneDrive, for price versus storage. I have yet to experience the issue myself, but I have had colleagues who have claimed that they cannot gain access to folders or files that are shared and password protected. OneDrive lets MacOS down with it's less inspiring offering.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

As a team, we did not seem to gel using Dropbox as some found issues with syncing and sharing files. The filling/folder process and mapping did not always seem intuitive. We had used DropBox due to initially having it as an API with SignRequest, but didn't always find this reliable, but it was a great feature to have.

Mario from Vero Beach 32963 Media

Industry: Newspapers

Does All You Need

Overall, OneDrive does everything I need it to as long as I don't encounter any problems or issues. I have my main folders for business and personal and have added numerous folders by client, internal depts and sales collateral. Then each has their own subfolders. If you're OCD about things being in their proper place, OneDrive lets get as detailed as you wish

Pros

to be honest, the best feature is that it is FREE with my Office365 subscription. Being that it's my personal program, I have full integration control and am able to set up and organize the folders to my liking and specifications.

Cons

Support, not only for OneDrive but all Microsoft Office products, is extremely lacking. Half the time I click on the support tab it never connects. When it does and I'm able to let them know of a problem, it's rare that they respond timely and with an acceptable solution. I'm better off buying a book. another con, would be the ability to choose the default folder for automatic saving of things.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

was not happy with the ability to customize nor the integration with Office

Jay from Jay's Cloud Accounting

A very cheap price for a huge Storage!

Great but with less functionality - My main use with OneDrive for now is just a backup cloud storage. I hope in the future, MS Office and Google Office will work great with OneDrive too like DropBox and Google do.

Pros

A huge storage of 1 TB for cheap price including MS Office 365. You can't go wrong with this deal. OneDrive offers great security and stability.

Cons

Syncing back and forth is not very good using OneDrive. Also, some photos got synced with error and cannot recover. When you move files or rename folders, sometimes files get lost. When you create a new Folder and name it, New Folder gets synced and you have to rename again.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

For large files, photos, videos and things for secondary backup - OneDrive offers a lot of space with good security - comes with a cheap price too!

Eduardo from Aeria Canada

Industry: Computer Games

A good solution for cloud storage services

I use onedrive for saving all my documents (work related and personal stuff), and as I'm a windows 10 user, I think this is just like having a generic folder in the computer, so I don't feel as if I was using a different software.

Pros

The price,I compared with many other services, and this was the one that brings most value when getting 1 TB of storage (it's part of office 365, so you get office + storage). Besides, it's simplicity of use and multiplatform is fine as well.

Cons

Its app's performance is not as good as others, it does what is supposed to do, but it is kinda slow.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

I needed more space and looked for alternatives, this was the one that got me the most value for my needs

akinlotan from Tmegadesignltd

dynamic and easy access

it is good for business and it really helps to keep all files saves for like ever. it is easy to access anywhere and also reduces the loss of data and files.

Pros

This software helps me a lot as i have different sites and location to visit often. It comes handy as all files can be save on the cloud storage therefore relived me of the stress of carrying my PC or external storage device. it helps my organization staffs to be able to access company profiles and project anytime needed. It comes handy with office 365 which is an essential tools for me. With OneDrive every of our worked files are saved forever.

Cons

uploading bigger files are sometimes slow maybe due to poor network. It will be also be better if a lite version can be designed so as to make files and data stored easily accessible and faster. the price for premium plan is a bit high than other related software.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

i switched when i needed to access MS word and my PC was not with me. it provided all solution to my challenge that year and here i am today stick with and recommended to my company

Onedrive - For everything and everyone, anytime, anywhere.

For many years I use Onedrive and I only have to praise the product. Its accessibility, security and lightness make Onedrive one of the indispensable programs for my day-to-day. Safe and accessible documents and files anytime, anywhere. Thank you Microsoft, for making my life easier.

Pros

Onedrive is undoubtedly one of the most important tools for all types of users, from casual users to professional users. Available on various platforms, from the web, desktop and even mobile versions, they allow users to access their files from anywhere, anytime. Very secure, Onedrive allows you to store the most important documents in your personal safe, with two-step protection which guarantees a lot of security. Its mobile version is extremely light and fast, allowing instant synchronization of files and documents. The most outstanding positive points are: - Multiplatform: available in web, mobile and desktop versions; - Synchronicity: documents and files synchronized instantly; - Security: secure access via password and two-step verification; - Practicality: simplicity in accessing, editing, moving and deleting files is excellent. In addition to all its benefits, Onedrive allows greater allocation space with its premium plan, ensuring more storage space for the user. Every user should use Onedrive, one of Microsoft's best tools.

Cons

The negative aspect of Onedrive, is due to its limited storage space. Unfortunately, thinking about today, 5gb of storage is very little. Using the tool to store large amounts of files is not feasible in the basic plan, forcing the user to subscribe to the premium plan, or to buy a larger amount of storage. I believe that at least 50 gb could be made available to users as other companies supply in the market like the Russian company Yandex or MegaNZ. A nice solution would be for the user to "buy" the virtual space for a certain price, something like a dollar for each gigabyte of storage, something in that sense, instead of the user "renting" the virtual space for a period. The values ​​of the monthly plans are also a little high, even if they integrate access to Office 365, as it induces the user and buy a solution that is often not interesting at the moment. Other than that, Onedrive is sensational.

Why Store in OneDrive rather than Email Attachments?

My overall OneDrive experience has been fantastic! All my meeting minutes through OneNote are in it so Executives can open the minutes and add more or complete items. Now that some associates have seen why I use it, well, they're starting to use it too.

Pros

Creating a OneDrive account is simple, so simple you'll wonder if you did something wrong. Sharing documents while controlling viewers and editing abilities is just a simple click! In addition, when you share something via OneDrive you can find it easily by logging into your office.com account from any web browser OR while working on your assign computer you can easily find your OneDrive shared documents through File > Open. There's more! Now, you can turn document Tracking on and have multiple people editing your document without having to email it, revise it, email it, revise it, email it, etc. OneDrive is so simple it's confusing. Take the plunge and use it!

Cons

It seems confusing when setting it up because it's so simple. You need to pay attention when sharing a document and be sure to share with the appropriate permissions.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

We switched because switching meant no more logins, no more passwords, no more links to other websites, and no more downloading a document to edit it, upload it and then share back.

The cloud solution for Windows Users

I think OneDrive is a solid product that is evolving in the right direction, learning from other solutions on the market, and adpating to the Microsoft ecosystem. It comes by default with Windows and works very well with the Microsoft 365 tools

Pros

OneDrive is well implemented into the Windows 10 OneDrive offers 1TB of data to payed users of Miscrosoft 365 OneDrive offers shareable links with password protection and expiration dates, allowing more security and peace of mind when sharing with external partners

Cons

Microsoft 365 is using a mix of Sharepoint and OneDrive to manage document sharing amoung a company/team, making hard, sometime, to know how and where to access files. Even if there are ways to add a sharepoint folder to a user OneDrive, it's not straight forward. Synchronization could be a bit tricky if you have multiple OneDrive account on a PC.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

We needed a more solid an business oriented solution that would offer better compatibility and sharing options with our clients. Google Drive is a solid solution, but the Office tools are not as advanced as the Microsoft ones.

LAURA from LauraLovely

Industry: Cosmetics

GREAT help for these times

OneDrive has been a life-saver for me during COVID-19. For different projects there is endless paperwork and files that need to be shared and stored. I have my onedrive shared with a few people so that we all have access to the files and don't need to constantly email the files to one another every time we make a small change. What I do requires a lot of collaborative efforts and if a file is changed and not sent out to everyone, things fall apart. Due to how easy it is to organize and share, things go much more smoothly. I can even have access to files from 2 years ago in my Archive files that I created.

Pros

You get 5GB of free storage but you get more if you have Office365 or buy more storage. I do have office 365 so I have significantly more storage than 5GB and I utilize it. It is very easy to use unlike many other programs. Anyone that I have walked through OneDrive has picked it up immediately. It is very easy to organize files and keep the entire thing very clean and easy to navigate.

Cons

I do wish that you could have more storage without having to spend more money. I understand it from a business standpoint but 5GB is much less storage than you would think.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

It was preferred by those I work with.

Rex from Calvary Assembly Of God

Great product for small organization

OneDrive helps us keep our files with us everywhere we go- computers, phones, tablets, etc. It’s great, especially when working from home or on the road.

Pros

Ease of use, reliability, security is top notch. We use this daily in our offices. I love the mobile versions, so we can have our files anywhere we can connect to the internet. Syncing is quick and effortless. Top notch product.

Cons

It’s very picky about file names- when we switched from Google Drive we had to rename a lot of files that had special characters in the names.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

I love how OneDrive syncs with everything else Microsoft, and Google is notorious for dropping software and changing features. We really wanted stability.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

I like the Microsoft software better.

Nandy from Lifetime Co-operative Credit Union Ltd.

Safe and Secure Cloud Store

Onedrive is great for small companies with limited server space. It is great for collaboration and reduces the need to send multiple emails with attachments.

Pros

Simple interface Easy organization free with office mobile and web access Can share files and collaborate with colleagues Automatically saves progress when working with documents Can save any file type Easy to retrieve if your computer crashes Works with all Office 365 apps

Cons

Unable to share files with users who do not have an outlook account Document update on the desktop version can be slow or lagging- you have to remember to ensure one drive is running in the background.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

We did not want a completely web-based software for security reasons. It was perfect for collaboration.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

My company purchased Office 365 licenses.

Darlene from Petaluma People Services Center - Mentor Me

Industry: Individual & Family Services

If I Thought I Loved OneDrive Before Covid19...

We had a physical hard-drive in our admin offices, which housed all of our organizations documents. After three years, it suddenly died, trapping our docs inside. Tech support bought a new drive of the same type and used it to retrieve our documents and suggested we transfer them all over to OneDrive. It was a great solution and we were all happy that we were now able to access documents from home without having to ask someone in the office to email them, or having to remember to email them to ourselves before leaving, and then update/restore upon returning. This was two years before Covid19, and now, with all of us working from home and our building closed, we would not have been able to function during the past ten months without OneDrive.

Pros

Adding OneDrive to our systems was simple. Integration and transfer of data was easy. OneDrive is very user-friendly and our staff members, even the low-tech ones, had no problem adjusting to the new system and finding their way around. What I like most about it is that when Covid19 hit, there were no adjustments or measures necessary to take in order for our admin staff to be able to work from home. Our laptops were already loaded and we were good to go. Thank goodness one thing Covid19 related was easy!

Cons

I haven't actually found anything I don't like about OneDrive. Granted, our needs are simple, but our staff uses it every day and we all love it.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Our tech team recommended OneDrive and because OneDrive has a free version, it was a great fit for our small, youth serving non-profit.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

It was decided that as comfortable as our staff was with a physical central hard drive in the office, it was time to switch to something cloud-based and take advantage of everything that has to offer.

Angela from Otter Things

Onedrive Is My Number One Place for Online Storage

OneDrive came with my Microsoft 365 subscription, which was a nice addition along with the other programs. I don't have to sign in to another service to access my files. It gives me the ability to always access my files from computers and mobile devices at an affordable price. The file system is similar to most desktops and allows me to manage files easily, whether I am copying, transferring, or modifying names. Opening even my largest illustration files is simple, fast, and allows me to work on the fly.

Pros

OneDrive offers me the ability to store files in the cloud and access them from other devices and away from the office. This is very handy when accessing my smartphone files for sharing on social media, especially on sites that only work on mobile devices. I have a great CPU with a lot of space, but I create large illustration and video files that would fill it if I didn't have another place to save them.

Cons

Having my files available wherever I am is great, but a copy is stored on my device once a file is accessed. This will slowly fill up valuable space unless I delete it. I did not realize this until my CPU with huge amounts of space filled with these duplicate files. It took me a little time to determine how to reclaim the space safely.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

The price of OneDrive was less than Dropbox and Google, considering it came bundled with a bunch of other programs.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

I switched from Dropbox (personal) because it didn't offer enough space for the files I needed to hold at an affordable price. It was slow and clunky when it came time to upload and download.

Kim from DepEd

OneDrive of a Kind

Describing an overall experience with OneDrive only takes a single statement--I'm with OneDrive of a kind!

Pros

Security. Accessibility. Interface. These three things are the most likeable features of OneDrive that sets it apart from other cloud storages. Its ability to define the "shared by you" and "share with you" makes it secure to track the files casted here and there. It also allows users to track the exact time and exact action taken by the modifier of the file---guest of contributor. Its files are formatted just how documents are formatted in our personal computers' Documents folders. Hence, accessible and easy to understand. Its desktop application version is lovely! So lovely that you could actually think that it's just a normal folder in your pc. And finally, the interface! For a user with tons of files to manage, a clean, minimalist, and sleek interface is very important for me. A well-sorted and neat arrangement of my files that are easily accessible saves me more time to focus on my work rather than sorting my files every now and then. All I say is, this software is 'OneDrive of a kind.'

Cons

Finding out how my OneDrive desktop application's files take space in my hard disk somehow saddened me although I managed to deal with it by just choosing "free up space". This lessens the consumed space in the disk and gives you the option to just download the file whenever needed. But if there is one thing I wish to improve in this software, it would be to totally detached it from the disk space although the app is really actually installed in the pc itself.

Michael from Dr. Schär

Professional storage and collaboration tool

I have been using OneDrive for years, even privately, and have always been very satisfied. For business use, it is now impossible to imagine everyday work without it, especially if you work internationally with many partners. I find the easy usability, the numerous and seamlessly integrated functions and the possibility to access all functions and files via app very practical.

Pros

I use OneDrive every day to provide colleagues and partners inside and outside our corporate network with files in a central location. The integrated office solutions, the possibility to work on documents in real time and simultaneously with others, the professional commenting function (works like a conversation and you can tag colleagues) and the possibility to open office documents even with the installed office programs (whereby the changes are then synchronized with the version on OneDrive) are undoubtedly very practical. The possibility of restoring older versions of documents and the intuitive interface (drag and drop) are other plus points. The integrated office programs offer professional functions that are almost equal (in terms of features) to the offline versions, and the daily work can also be done in the online office. Some features such as the spell checker or the translation function are not yet to be found in the installed programs, but can be found online.

Cons

The only points of criticism are the role management and the possibility to share folders. OneDrive offers all functions, but not all of them are self-explanatory. There is a share button (to give access to new people, i.e. create an access link or send an access mail), a create-link button (for people with existing access) and then there are other options such as "direct access". Most of the time the access features work, but sometimes partners tell me (even though they appear to me as people with access) that the links I send them do not work for them. Most of the time it helps to create a direct and new link with the share feature. However, this could be improved.

Chethan from Infosys Limited

Review of One Drive

Microsoft OneDrive is nice storage option for Corporates and employees in mid to large organizations.

Pros

Microsoft OneDrive is been very popular recently for document storage. Microsoft OneDrive is also one of the recommended softwares across companies and organizations. OneDrive is a very safe way to store the data and keep it secure. OneDrive has very nice features of Sync wherein the data will automatically sync the data created offline and the data if edited online will get slowly synced up parallelly in the background. OneDrive is very easy to use after one time registration and creating the folder for the Onedrive to pickup and sync. As a one time setup, the user will drop all his / her folders, subfolders and files inside the specific folder created for OneDrive. Once the folder and files are inside the OneDrive, the users will be able to easily access them and edit them similar to accessing any other files within their personal folders. This is very beneficial for users to access their data from anywhere across the world and also for users to keep their data safe within their official and personal laptops. One can easily setup the folder for share and team usage when required and keep the other folders as private to not allow others to view or access them. With Onedrive the data will be safe and user can easily retrieve their data when the Laptop crashes due to unforeseen circumstances.

Cons

Microsoft OneDrive has very nice features but also has few disadvantages. OneDrive is a proprietary product from Microsoft and its a paid tool. Microsoft is mainly popular among corporates and it still not so popular with common people or individuals. Though Microsoft is providing some free storage for single users but the storage limit is comparatively less and one will end up going with paid option at some point. Microsoft OneDrive will be syncing in the background and it will increase the internet usage and hence the user need to pause OneDrive or stop syncing when not required or using limited internet connectivity.

Bradley from Centre College

Essential for Cloud Storage and a successful workflow.

Overall, I find OneDrive to be a very reliable service. Over the years, MS continues to improve and incorporate new features in their software packages. I trust that my data is safe and secure in the hands of MS. I do think they could improve by allowing images from your personal OneDrive to be hosted on other sites.

Pros

OneDrive Personal is free for all users that sign up and are given 5GB of storage. Storage capacity can be expanded with prices starting at $1.99 a month. It is very easy to share data and assign permissions to your files and folders. Syncing your data with the app allows effortless uploading. Another cool feature is OneDrive's ability to detect your most frequently used files and then making those files readily available on your PC - while your less used files are kept in the cloud. The purpose of this feature is to save storage on you PC but also allows for faster access of those you use more. OneDrive for Business offers all the features of Personal but you are given a larger capacity from start. OneDrive FileVault is another cool feature that MS has recently added. With the FileVault you can store a limited amount of files in a folder that is password protected.

Cons

Some of the downsides to uploading documents to OneDrive include the rejection of special characters in the file name. It does notify you of files that do not upload and to fix this, all you do is change the name but if dealing with a large number of files, this can be an inconvenience. Also, uploading large files, over 1GB can take a long time and if your connection is lost, you must start over.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

I choose OneDrive over the others because of the MS Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PPT) i use everyday. OneDrive allows for your files to be opened and saved directly from the cloud that improves workflow. Also, anyone who is a Windows user, has an account so why not use it? Although many of the other services also offer a free account, MS has been a leading company in the IT world.

Mark Joseph from FinancePH Group of Companies

Cheaper Alternative to Dropbox plus Added Benefit of Microsoft Office Products

I have been using one drive for 2 plus years now and I could say it was a great decision to transfer from dropbox to one drive.

Pros

For several years I used dropbox to store files. Then I realized that there is a cheaper option and it is One Drive. This software is relatively cheaper at 1TB file storage. It also allowed me and my family members to share the software because it can be shared up to 5 users if you use the family plan. Overall, we are very satisfied with this software.

Cons

The software has some minor bugs if you use it with a Mac and not on a Windows OS. Further, the uploading of the files takes longer unlike in dropbox, the uploading is faster because dropbox only uploads changes made to the file and not the entire file. Further the problem is also when one drive detects duplicate files for example you are using your one drive in your macbook and windows laptop. There are times that the files get duplicated. It would have been nice to allow us to see those duplicate files so we can decide which one to retain or not. It seems difficult at this point. But I am hoping in the future versions it will be easier.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Again because it was cheaper and has free microsoft office programs

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

One drive was cheaper and more value for money

Randall from Answer2construction

Onedrive. Seriously, only one does it all

They are phenomenal and I get 100 GB cloud storage every month through my cell phone service which is T-Mobile don't think I'll ever use all of that fantastic job again at Google hq.

Pros

I like it is made by the Google corporation and Incorporated with all other Google apps and software. I like that with my cell phone service I get 100 GB of online cloud storage so my phone and drive storage space on the cloud isn't at capacity in fact my phone is always full of available storage as I just go in upload and backup my stuff every couple days.

Cons

I wish the interface was a little more intuitive to the user maybe more control over backups restore points should be able to access from any computer from anywhere once logged in.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Yes they are way more dependable as far as security goes

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

100 GB cloud storage with my cell phone service T-Mobile via MetroPCS.

Amy from Substratum Systems

Perfect cloud storage for home and business

I've used OneDrive for several years now and have converted several people onto it as well. If you are a Microsoft user, it's a no-brainer to use this to safely save anything and everything you'll need. I have tons of personal and professional files stored in OneDrive and I never have to worry about losing files again. Its been very easy to organize and access my files from anywhere, but even if you aren't organized, their search function is great. I use this at least 10 times a day. It's quick, easy, and helps to ease my mind that everything from my business financial files to baby photos of my children are secure and will never be lost.

Pros

I'm a lifelong PC user and a small business owner. I love being able to have my personal and professional files safe and easily accessible from any device I'm using (phone, tablet, laptop). With my Office 365 subscription, I can also add my business partner and kids to my OneDrive account so that all of our documents, photos, and links are available to whoever needs them. It's also easy to upload, organize, and share files and links.

Cons

I use OneDrive to store and backup all my documents and I love it. My only issue has nothing to do with OneDrive itself, but rather that some of my clients prefer to use Google Drive because it's free and they don't need a paid account to have a shared cloud drive. Because of this, I often have to use both drives. However, because I trust OneDrive, I always save everything there first before uploading a copy onto Google Drive.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

I typically have Microsoft products for personal and business use. I used Dropbox for a while because Microsoft didn't have a cloud drive that I liked. Once OneDrive was introduced, I tried it and loved how easily it worked with my Outlook, Office Suite, etc. I transferred everything over to OneDrive and never looked back.

Lohany from FUNASA

Industry: Government Relations

my experience using OneDrive

Very pleasant, total practicality and ease of use, I quickly got used to handling it, I use it both at home to store personal documents and photos, and at work through the business plan, with a unit, it was easier to edit files and spreadsheets accounts without running the risk of losing or messing with the formatting of the document. With a 15 Gb space offer that can reach 35 Gb free per account and 1Q paid in the plan with a very attractive price, I am satisfied with OneDrive and do not intend to change.

Pros

One of the advantages that I found practical and very feasible, was the fact of not having to make the files in the Word, Excel, and PowerPoint template, native files because they are already there, that is, it is available to create or save files in these formats. unlike the competition that we have to turn into native files if we want to extract the full potential of the application from there, another advantage is the synchronization of the computer with the application so that whenever I make a change to a file that is saved in the cloud it is changed automatically and the price for 1Tb very competitive and even includes an Office 365 license, complete integration with Microsoft operating systems, Windows phone and Office365 that allows you to save all your Microsoft Office documents by default to Onedrive.

Cons

I haven't found something really strong yet that makes me dislike the services offered by the unit, maybe the space available in the free modality is equal to the competition. those who cannot work with contracting a plan, but the cost-benefit is good since they are priced based on comparison with other plans, another disadvantage is that despite being on the roadmap to correct these problems, currently, Onedrive does not support files with some special characters (eg% and #) and it is also not possible to import files with names over 256 characters in length. It also has a limit of 20,000 documents.

Nick from CSB of Middle GA

Industry: Mental Health Care

Why did I use Dropbox for all that time?

The minor aggravation with my initial setup is nothing compared to the ease of using it with other Office products, especially across mobile devices.

Pros

OneDrive easily integrates with all of our other Office software. Since transitioning to Microsoft Teams for interagency communication and using Outlook for our mail, the availability of OneDrive to seamlessly store large volumes of data securely while at the same time being able to selectively share it with individual employees is amazing. It fits into what we do as a component of our system, unlike other cloud based programs that seem to be standalone rather than integrated.

Cons

Once I figured out how useful it was going to be, I did a mass upload of files. It was a somewhat aggravating process. I wish that I could have selected all the files to upload, then have OneDrive batch and upload in segments rather than doing a single upload that inevitably would stall.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

We tried OneDrive first and saw no compelling reason to continue searching since it met and/or exceeded all of our needs.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Microsoft’s storage space and ability to integrate seamlessly with other software in the Office suite made it attractive. We decided to give it a shot. It was worth the time invested ten-fold.

Pradeep from Ibm

One Drive review

It has solved a big problem for our firm currently. I would like to see the service becoming better but I am satisfied with the product currently

Pros

We are to push the auto sync of data through to all our employees. Helps backup critical data of all users and avoids any inadvertent loss. It also ensures productivity is not lost.

Cons

It slows the systems and sucks the bandwidth. I would like it to be more seamless. Sync schedule can be automatic by learning the user usage patterns and setting up at a time when the usage is low.

Existing partnership and licenses

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Part of major digital transformation program and licensing

Great value with Office 365 subscription

Access to files regardless of what device and platform I'm using. Ability to share and collaborate on docs with other team members, especially for O365 docs.

Pros

Does everything that other cloud storage services do, and has good cross platform support. However, the area where it differentiates itself is the excellent value it is when it comes part of an O365 subscription.

Cons

iOS integration could be a little tighter. Dropbox seems to be a bit more integrated, with more ability to save files to Dropbox using the iOS share menu in different apps.

Integration with O365.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Better value subscription as it comes with O365.

Amanda from Clever Dough

I Use OneDrive For My Personal Important Files Because I Know They are Safe There!

I use it every morning. I love to use for keeping our family budget sheets up to day, for sharing files and creating files and that they are really easy to download to look at offline too! I'm really very impressed!

Pros

I love the fact that you have have your personal private files in the special OneDrive personal Vault, which requires extra password protection. It's great! Especially when you need a file but are not close to your regular computer or device, you can log on anywhere in the world and go through the special vault for extra incryption. I love it! And it's very generous with the files sizes too! Plus it's just so easy to use! Definitely my favourite online document storage place for sure. I particularly like using the sheets that work pretty much exactly like Excel, I love not having to learn new systems just to work online. Thank-you Microsoft!

Cons

Nothing really. I used to find it annoying if I had a shared document with my partner and we couldn't work on the files at the same time and have the system remember to do the updates, but that seems to be fixed now, so it's all good!

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

I actually have both, OneDrive is just my favourite of the two.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

I switched because I wanted more protection for my personal files. I still use both for my regular and business files. But I really love OneDrive because it's just so user friendly!

André from Hexis Científica Ltda.

Industry: Chemicals

Reliable, and very well integrated with Microsoft Suite

The users of the company had some problems with their computers using mechanical hard drives, they often stopped to work, and their files were gone. With the configuration of OneDrive, they have a backup of everything that has modified on their files, also it is possible to access them from different devices, like mobile, tablets and another computer, it became a very good tool for our external Sales team, that always need to share files, presentations for the clients. Therefore, it is very interesting the integration with other Microsoft tools, even with the GPOs that you can set some configurations of OneDrive.

Pros

The integration with the Microsoft products is awesome, we can share a file directly from OneDrive to e-mail, SharePoint and Microsoft Teams, it helps to have a unique point where all of your files are located, also, we can setup the software to do a continuous backup of your desktops and notebooks.

Cons

The price is expensive for the small companies, specially when you have some products with better price on the market. Other point that needs to be enligheted: it is not so easy to configure it on the users computers, and it cannot backup Outlook .PST files, it could have been a problem for the companies that stores a large amount of e-mails.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

We already had the Office 365 suite, just had to add one more product and make some little changes on the contract, it really worths the money invested. If I choose another product, I would have to make some changes on my Infrasctructure, which was not possible on that time.

John from BinaryNoir

A great cloud drive service for those in the Microsoft ecosystem

Overall I find OneDrive to be a good solution. As with many cloud providers, the free tier leaves a lot to be desired as does the levels of space vs subscription costs.

Pros

OneDrive is generally easy to use and works on all my devices whether it is mobile or desktop. It also integrates nicely into my iOS Files application, making it a great choice as a user of Microsoft 365. The stand alone applications work great on all of my devices and allow me to have multiple accounts, both personal and work, making it available everywhere I need it.

Cons

One feature that needs improvement is the file sharing feature. It can be cumbersome to understand, especially on mobile, what the access rights are for a file or folder that I have shared. Modifying or removing these rights, as well as discontinuing sharing a file, is also very frustrating to figure out. And even though I know I have done it many times, I find myself fumbling to modify and remember just what I did before to adjust these settings.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

While I use iCloud Drive as part of my solution (as well as Droplr, which I love) I use OneDrive because the space provided within the Microsoft 365 subscription is substantial and included.

Shayna from Williamsburg James City County Public Schools

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Powerful Storage Allows for Collaboration and Organization

OneDrive is just powerful and convenient. There is no hassle when trying to save large files, sync multiple devices, locate files through search, or when sharing and collaborating with colleagues who need access. It's a lifesaver, and I highly recommend it.

Pros

The best thing about OneDrive is how it integrates with all of the other Microsoft products that we use on a daily basis. I don't have to take extra steps when saving, sorting, or sharing files. I can easily save a file on OneDrive, invite others to read or edit the file, copy or relocate it to another area, view, sync, and access everything I need no matter where I am traveling or teaching. We previously used a more clunky storage platform, and OneDrive is far more intuitive. Once you've learned the basic steps, everything else falls into place.

Cons

The only real con to OneDrive is that it honestly has so many features that I'm sure I'm not using them all. I should probably take a class and extend my understanding of what it is capable of so I could better integrate it with my work in other Microsoft programs. However, it meets and exceeds all of my current needs, so it's a very mild criticism.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Our organization is in the process of switching all of our storage and collaboration on SharePoint to OneDrive. I don't know the specific motivation, but I know it's a multi-year process and we are still using both while moving more and more to OneDrive over time.

OneDrive for university student

Overall the application is quite useful and I recommend any one who need ICloud facility on Windows,Try on Microsoft OneDrive.It will serve you very well as ICloud on Apple computers.

Pros

Microsoft OneDrive is a cloud storage service which provided by Microsoft to any user who has Microsoft email account.As a ICloud for Mac,I was needed a cloud storage to my Windows PC.I was needed a cloud storage which can automatically upload my studding documents to a cloud storage and giving the accessibility to my documents by from any device which I use.Because I can not carry my desktop computer any ware and every studding notes or lecture slides which I put it on my laptop must need to be in my desktop when I come home.For a apple Mac user no need to have this problem because they have ICloud and anything you put on MacBook it will be on your Mac computer in home.As a Windows user for this problem I could able to find a solution which is OneDrive.It automatically backups my documents on any windows computer which I logged on my windows email to my cloud storage and there for I am able to access my study notes and lecture slide from my any computer.It is very helpful to me and OneDrive is the one of my favorite software which installed on my every windows computer.

Cons

I like OneDrive so much because its service is speechless as a windows user.But my main cloud storage is Google Drive because it supply me much more services than OneDrive.The all services which provided by Google like Gmail, GoogleDocs are interconnected with my GoogleDrive there for it is much easier and useful to use as my main cloud storage.I do not use other services which provide by windows therefor I has no need to use OneDrive as my main cloud storage.The reason which I do not use the services provide by windows because those services are not very familiar with others and lot of other people does not use windows providing services.Lot of peoples are using Google providing services so it much easier to use those.I hope those services provide by windows will get familiar with others and after that I do not need to use two cloud storage and definitely I choose Microsoft OneDrive.

Steven from Davidson Academy

OneDrive in an K-12 Education

Overall, my experience with OneDrive has been excellent. Integration with Office 365 and within Windows 10 makes it an easy and effective application to use.

Pros

As part of Office 365, OneDrive is an excellent online storage application for our students to save and share their work. In an educational setting, students have a Terabyte of online storage available to them. This provides students with the ability to save virtually every piece of school work that they create during their school careers. The ease of configuring OneDrive to automatically save everything in their Desktop, as well as their Documents and Picture folders provides students and our IT department with the peace of mind that they will not lose any of their classwork in the event of a computer failure. Additionally, the ability of students to access their OneDrive from virtually anywhere on any computer makes this product versatile and extremely useful for our students

Cons

The default settings for OneDrive do not automatically include the Documents folder, the Desktop or the Pictures folder. Sharing documents or other files directly from the user's computer is problematic. It is best to open the OneDrive folder online and share files from there. The distinction is confusing to students. When using a free account for OneDrive, you are limited to 5GB of storage.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Our school made the switch as part of our Office 365 implementation. While Google has GoogleDocs, Sheets and other apps, Microsoft Office is the de-facto standard in business applications. We chose Office 365 so that our students would have experience with this suite of applications when they enter college or the workforce

Don from RV Business Coach

Came on board kicking and screaming...

Overall, OneDrive is easy (and fairly mindless) to use. In fact, I am slowly migrating most of my iCloud files to OneDrive so that I can more easily access them from either my Mac or my PC.

Pros

I first started using OneDrive because it came with Office 365. I didn't really intend to do much with it, other than maybe store some personal stuff out there. After all, I was a Mac user so I had iCloud and an attitude towards Microsoft. But one of my clients was an avid Microsoft shop, so I had to start using Microsoft products more. I eventually even ended up buying a Surface Pro for travel. And that's when OneDrive really started to shine. OneDrive works both on my Mac and my Surface Pro, so it's super easy to keep files synced between them. And it does a nice job of disk management, so even though I have a lot of data in the cloud and a tiny drive on the Surface Pro, it's pretty quick to locate and access any files I need. And did I mention that since it's included in Office 365—which I needed to have, anyway—the first 1 TB really costs me nothing?

Cons

I have a minor problem on my Mac that the OneDrive sync software doesn't always start up on reboot (even though it's configured to do so). Until I figured that out, I would occasionally have problems with files not syncing. So, for example, I'd copy a file to OneDrive, grab my Surface and head out to a client site, and once there discover that the file hadn't synced. So now I just make a habit of being sure OneDrive started after each reboot, and all works fine.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Once I started using OneDrive, I found that I liked it better than iCloud. The Windows iCloud software is not Apple's best effort, and frequently files don't sync. So if I have files I know I need to access from both Windows and Mac, I make sure they are on OneDrive.

Daniel from UCIMED

The Best Cloud Service

Excelente. Like i said i use it daily, integrated into my MicrosoftTEAMS, CANVA, VISME, internally at the university. All the information stored in a single easy space.

Pros

OneDrive is the easiest most organized app for storing your information on the cloud. The biggest advantage that ive seen comes with the ability to sinc all your information in every device that you have it installed. I have it in my cellphone, computer and tablet (all of them android/ mmicrosoft) and i can organize all my information seemlessly. Another great advantage comes with the newlly MicrosoftTEAMS. All of the info can be stored with one drive, or you can easilly upload files that are on your onedrive into your teamwork. Inside you can manage the files into folder, give them color, and reorganize everything according to your needs. People compareit with dropbox, but onedrive gives you more free space at the start and its easier to use.

Cons

Works best with microsoft/ android devices. I have friends with IOS that prefer to use the cloud integrated with Apple.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Easier to use. Better integration with my devices.

José Miguel from Universidad Austral de Chile

From a regular cloud storage to a great one

I am a user of this service for many years, but until 2 years ago my main cloud storage was one of the competitions. Right now, after the great implementation on Windows 10, my main cloud storage is OneDrive, I have my institution plan and a personal plan, included in my Office 365 subscription. Is real deal get 1 TB and the software, in comparison to other cloud storage services.

Pros

One of the main features I enjoy about OneDrive is how they integrate the service natively with Windows 10. You can look for your files directly in your windows folders, with an icon descriptor, you can know where the archives are located (in your PC or the cloud), and in case you don´t have a local copy of the file, you can get the data quickly with a single click.

Cons

At the start, the way they handle the default folders synced (documents, images, and desktop) maybe is not the best. For example, the Documents folder is used by many software to handle configuration files, and if you work in many stations like me, sync for default that folders are not the best. Anyway, the configuration to avoid this is easy. The UI is great, but a wizard for the configuration adapted to your individual needs would be great.

Natively integrated with Windows 10 and cheaper.6

Enterprise storage with a business price tag

quick to set up, easy to manage at the admin level. Permissions are simple and applied globally and data is protected and synced, so what else can you ask for.

Pros

It's quick, cross-compatible with Mac/PC and a range of other devices. Fully accessible from mobile and tablet. Integrates seamlessly with MS Office products and plugs in with many other collaboration tools easily. It also has the capability to run personal and business versions simultaneously allowing separation of data.

Cons

Had a few issues with naming resolution of files that were previously held in google drive but ultimately moving was one of the mid to long-term benefits so worth biting the bullet here.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

seamless integration into MS Office product suite and alignment with Sharepoint 0365 services.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Looking for a better-integrated solution for business with support for Office apps

It's not a duplicate of word

We use OneDrive to sinc documents and photos, it will keep photo in original size and office 365 is more convenient than other cloud service like iCloud or Dropxbox where their give you just space on cloud but Microsoft gives also all program of Office. Last but not least, it works in China so compared to Dropbox or Google Drive it's the best Cloud Service you could use in case you work with Chinese customer or supplies.

Pros

I use OneNote since college, it's very easy to use and you could sinc with so many device like Laptop, Smartphone and tablet. Compared to word I haven't to organize folds and files on PC but simply organize notes in sections and pages, another pro is that you could add PDF files on OneNote so add attachment of 10 page like email attachment without show all content of attachment on the page. It's easy to share with other people and edit in real-time together just share the page with an email address. Sinc with unlimited number of divice in real time, I use it on my personal PC, company PC, personal smartphone with single account and I could take note of a book that I'm reading while I travel to home and continue on my laptop without interruption onece I arrived at home. It could be used also as calculator very simple calculator which keeps all input information so it's better than smartphone o laptop default calculator where has display limits.

Cons

Text formatting is not complete like word You couldn't use any funtion of excel to make calc. Sometimes the sinc is not immediate is better close program afer few minutes later editing.

Paul from Illovo Sugar Africa

Easy, safe and secure way to keep files

OneDrive has saved me on both crucial, personal and office scenarios. I can recommend it among the free cloud-based storage apps

Pros

OneDrive has saved me in many ways and I rank it among life saving apps I have used. One awesome part of one note is that you can set it to automatically sync all your photos whenever you're connected to WiFi. One day, my phone misbehaved after taking nice photos on a trip. I was forced to format it, erasing everything but worried about my photos, only to discover that they were all safe on OneDrive, kept and categorized nicely in a beautiful order. One other superiority of OneDrive over other cloud storages is the password protection. You don't need to worry about privacy. There is also a very good graphic and user interface for the folders and file manager. It increases your motivation to use the app. OneDrive also shows you the file extention, apart from showing you the thumbnail of your file. Most cloud storage apps don't do that. With OneDrive, you can choose files to work with offline, and it works, even without data connection. Despite all this, OneDrive has a very satisfying operation speed and everyone knows that it's hard to have an app with Excellency in both UI and speed at the same time.

Cons

Honestly, I have no problems with OneDrive. I would worry about free space but 5gb would be enough free space to a non-paying user.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

I was looking for file security feature, where I could lock my files.

Trevor from Collaborative Construction

Makes Excel & Word backups a breeze

We use Excel everyday and this has been a game changer for our business. We can access our files from anywhere on any computer. We often work remotely on job sites (out of the office), and this allows us to not worry about losing our data and makes finding our files really easy.

Pros

We've been using OneDrive for a few years now and it's been a game changer. If you use Excel or word on a regular bases, it makes opening and sharing these files a breeze. The best part is the auto save feature so you don't have too worry about losing data if you forget to save. Also you can access your files from anywhere without worrying about a file saved on a local machine. When you open or save a file in a Microsoft product like Excel or Word. It automatically shows your OneDrive folder as a spot to open or save files to which is so nice. You don't have too worry about going to a website and opening or uploading your files like you do with other cloud storage systems. OneDrive shows up like a file folder right on your computer!

Cons

Have had some issues with more then one user in the same file over writing each other's changes. We started saving new versions with our initials and the date in the title so we don't risk losing our over writing each other's changes.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

We use Excel for everything in our business and it integrates seamlessly with OneDrive. The autosave feature has been invaluable as prior to OneDrive we definitely had some lost files stranded on a individual computers.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

You don't have to worry about going to URL to open or save your files. It shows up as a file folder right on your computer when saving or opening files.

George from Javan Engineering

Industry: Civil Engineering

OneDrive Review from a College Student/Young Professional

I have been using OneDrive for a few years now and have been very impressed with the features they have added throughout the years. I used OneDrive during college to take class notes, keep track of due dates, create presentations and I have only had good experiences with OneDrive. This software is so well designed, so Microsoft should pat themselves on the back with what they have created. If you are looking for an inclusive software for all of your day to day needs that has amazing security, then you've found it with OneDrive. Highly recommend trying this software out as it is simply amazing.

Pros

I have been using OneDrive for a few years now where I have created excel sheets to track spending, powerpoints for work presentations, or just to keep track of my to-do list for the day. OneDrive is so versatile and can be used for almost need that you will need. What I like most about this software is that I am able to access my OneDrive account from anywhere to work on and open up my files. OneDrive is very easy to use, set up folders, and allows you to personalize your account to whatever works best for you. Security is always a key issue for softwares such as this one. You want to make sure that your private information stays private, which is what OneDrive does so well. They even have a "vault" where you can place any sensitive or important information to give it an extra layer of security. Microsoft has thought of everything when they created OneDrive and I highly recommend using it!

Cons

I honestly haven't noticed anything with the software that I haven't liked. I've been using OneDrive for a few years now (through college to keep track of school work and at my current job) and have never had any issues.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

OneDrive is more inclusive and easier to use.

Sebastian from EnvokeIT AB

OneDrive makes personal file storage easy

Pros

OneDrive is an easy file storage product that comes in two shapes. OneDrive for personal use, and OneDrive for Business that is included in Office 365 for employees. With the OneDrive application, you can sync your OneDrive documents and files with your devices which makes it even smoother to work but at the same time know that everything is backed up in your cloud storage. It also integrates well with the Office suite.

Cons

The older agents, both on Windows 7 and Windows 10, could sometimes have issued with synced files. This would then lead to some files being corrupt.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

OneDrive is cheaper, more secure, and offers more features with the integration with the Office suite and Office 365.

Scott from PM2 Strategies

OneDrive has Come a Long Way

OneDrive serves my small business well as a cloud storage solution that allows file/folder sharing with coworkers. It is secure, easy to use (except when troubleshooting problems) and reasonably reliable.

Pros

OneDrive is simple to set up for a small business. As the administrator, you can share drives with specific people in your organization, or with all users who are in your organization using the same domain (such as @mycompany.com) Security is top notch, because it encrypts data in transit and stored on Microsoft servers. Years ago, OneDrive was buggy and could not be trusted to sync over the internet between two computers...but now the sync is reasonably fast and reliable. Box and Dropbox have better sync, but you need to pay for the business features whereas OneDrive comes free with your Office365 subscription. I don't believe Google Drive is secure storage.

Cons

The sync is good enough, but not as good as Box, Dropbox, or Google drive. Microsoft support is spotty. Microsoft will not restore your data from backup if the data disaster comes from you or your employees...such as mass-deletions (accidental or malicious) or ransomware infections that sync from your computer to the cloud storage. So you need another backup solution if you think these are risks you need to mitigate. (To the best of my knowledge, Microsoft will restore data if the loss/corruption happens at its own data center due to natural disaster or fire, etc.)

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Some of the "others" marketed themselves as more secure (hacker proof) solutions, and maybe they were, but they suffered from poor sync, bugginess, or lacked good enough support for multiple small business users. They cost a lot more than OneDrive which comes with Office365.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

OneDrive was included in Office365 price.

Shenali from UOK

Review on Microsoft OneDrive

I consider OneDrive as Microsoft's reply to Apple's iCloud and Google Drive. OneDrive's functionality and unique design have reached a point of heavy usability and reliability among people with a rich feature set, online office apps, and wide platform support. The best thing is that OneDrive supports attractive and capable web and mobile interfaces, real-time coediting, music streaming, photo AI, and powerful search. OneDrive's service's amazing integration with Windows 10 and Office 365 along with its finishing, maturity, and polish holds it up high. This software not only deserves a 5-star rating but also be named Best Designed Software of all time. Hats off to the Microsoft Team!

Pros

This software is very easy to purchase, install and use. It is handy in sharing documents, configuring sharing restrictions, and audit sharing activity. There are two verisons given out by Microsoft. OneDrive and OneDrive for Business. Both these versions allow the access of your data through a specific folder on your pc, a mobile app or through Microsoft's website. There is quite a difference when you compare these two versions. OneDrive is mostly comes pre-installed on Windows based pcs and are used for personal activities. OneDrive for Business is included with most of Office 365 subscriptions and comes with ample storage. I just love both versions and have successfully used both versions for my personal activities as well as office work.

Cons

There is simply nothing negative about this software that crosses my mind. It's simply one of Microsoft's greatest outputs.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

I switched mainly because I found out that OneDrive was easier to access , use and is compatible with most devices. With experience I started preferring OneDrive to other similar softwares.

Theresa from Rodenstock USA

Industry: Wholesale

Best way to share files

OneDrive is the best when I get a call about so and so wanting a specific file - I don’t have to email it anymore and have it get lost in their inbox when they go to look for it at a later date. I just plop it from my computer into one of the OneDrive folders and share it with them. That’s it! And they can access it anytime.

Pros

We use OneDrive to share files with our account managers, who are often on the road. We can share videos, images, or even workable excel files with them. They’re able to access these files wherever they are and edit them as well. It’s the best way to share your internal drive with people who aren’t working in the building.

Cons

There really is nothing to dislike about this product. It’s really easy to use, easy to access, and even has an app for iPads and phones. I guess sometimes it might take a while to download a certain file when you’re on the road...but that’s going to happen no matter what you use.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

It has everything in one place, rather than needing several different apps to fulfill all the needs

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

We were using email and WeTransfer for larger files (ones that were too large for email). This eliminates both and they can access the larger files (images, videos) anytime/anywhere now.

Nural from International Business School

The best cloud for saving files for windows users

I am using office applications very frequently and I need to keep the files in some place that I can access them whenever I want, this tool is very useful for me. Another cool thing is that I can share the files with my friends and many people can work on one file at the same time.

Pros

This product is developed by Microsoft and it comes in Microsoft Office bundle, first times I thought it is not that much useful application. However, afterwards I have started to use office applications I saw that how useful this application is. Firstly it is integrated with Microsoft Office applications, and you can keep all your files on the drive, it also can be integrated with your email and you can share files through drive if they are not not shareable through email. Another good side of this application is that it is available on all platforms and you can use it for sharing the files between devices.

Cons

I have some concerns regarding use the application on my PC, the problem is that it always running on the background and since my laptop is a bit slower it downs the performance. When I turn of it my windows protection gives error. Rather than this, I do not have any problems with this application.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Comparing OneDrive to Dropbox, it has a lot of features, since dropbox had a lot of security breaks in past I do not want to use and OneDrive has a lot of integration for office applications and windows operating system.

Richard from Southwest Gas

Industry: Utilities

OneDrive is Amazing

We needed a way to offload our internal storage to a cloud environment. We were looking into Office 365 already for Teams and Exchange Online, and OneDrive was a piece of that offering. It completely met our needs and included added functionality which was an added bonus. OneDrive has made working remotely, whether on vacation or business, much more simple.

Pros

I love that I can access my documents anywhere on any device. I don't have to VPN to get behind my company's firewall if I'm out of the office. I can hop on my personal laptop, or better yet on my phone or tablet to access my docs and start working. It makes working remotely on the road much easier. I can also share my documents with others both in and outside of my organization without emailing a copy. I can grant them permission to edit a doc located in my OneDrive folder. It's made collaboration much easier, especially if you're not using SharePoint or another file storage application. But really, if you're using OneDrive, you're using SharePoint. It's just another option of how to share and collaborate.

Cons

Some of the settings can get tricky. Administrators have a lot of power to lock down OneDrive. In fact, they can restrict access altogether on any device other than your registered machine. We went really strict at first with our administration, and then let up as we got into the full capabilities and functionality. We also have a setting currently enabled where our managers automatically have access to our documentation, which isn't great. We just ne

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

We looked at other options, but since we were already looking at Office 365, it made sense to go all in with OneDrive.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 9,760 reviews