(7,769)

7,769

(2,168)

2,168

• Pros

• "I love the ease of use!! It is not intimidating at all! Other programs claim to be easy to use, but this one really is!"

• "It's very easy to use and the customer service is great"

• "This suite does more than I could ever use for my business needs and at an excellent price. Everything works seamlessly and is easy to use."

• Cons

• "The functionality is fine and works well... but the user interface is a little bloated and some of the menus are not very intuitive."

• "Everything is good, just do not like the spelling editing part as bold whose keyboard use is not the same as using windows"

• "As a package, g suite is great but the spreadsheets is lacking some of the more technical functions of excel. "

Browse Google Workspace Reviews

Margarita from American School of Ahmadi

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

The total IT solution for schools!

We use Gsuite for gradebooks, report cards, student information systems, HR forms, office programs, storage of photos and videos and email online 'drive' cloud storage for all our needs.

Pros

Gsuite offers all the tools you need for collaborative document creation from forms, surveys, spreadsheets, slides (powerpoint), cloud storage, calendars, note taking, accounting and reports. The templates available for education have many solutions available from lesson planners, calendars, quiz creation, gradebook, reports and meeting programs. Templates can be shared within the community and you can find templates that other schools use and share if it is not available in the standard set. The organizational email system is way more user friendly than other systems. I have worked with a team to establish Gsuite in two schools as the main system, and we are a Google school and the staff and admin do not need Microsoft office anymore as this system covers alternatives to those program. It auto-saves your work and when working on collaborative documents it is easy to see who has input different items and easily go back and restore previous versions if needed. Easily compatible to connect data to Google sites.

Cons

I wish that all the options that are available for excel exist in the Google Spreadsheets - e.g. being able to select multiple tabs and edit all of them at the same time. As a private international school it is fairly costly with a charge per staff user. Support education in the private sector too - it needs a substantial budget for large schools.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Far more advanced and latest technology - with collaborative teamwork.

Tyler from DCP Architecture PLLC

Industry: Architecture & Planning

G-Suite is an easy pivot into the business world for new companies.

G Suite made setting up a business very easy. I don't know of an easier platform that is so familiar and painless to setup. It took a portion of a day to tie in the domain name for email, get the accounts setup, create signatures, format a mailbox and get rolling sending people my new email. It was great. The integration of Google Meets was a good addition that responded to the evolving marketplace of remote visual meetings (and at least for now it's free, which is also a great bonus).

Pros

Being a consumer Gmail user makes the step into G-Suite very easy. The interface remains the same, so you get all of the well-known advantages of gmail as a base to start with--which is great. Beyond that: the setup and management is easy, adding and subtracting users is a snap, the labels for organization is very useful, it ties apps like Docs, Calendar and Drive very well, and it's cost effective.

Cons

I would like to see the Suite continue to evolve to offer things that a business can utilize that a basic consumer might not. Google has a lot of competition to work with, people who have tried this and have examples out there to see what works and what doesn't. Specifically, some more nuanced aspects of filing / archiving, archiving an entire folder of emails to individual PDFs for record to free up drive space, sorting moving Sent emails the same way that the Inbox works. I'd also like to be able to save emails, but ditch the attachments to lower the weight on storage space.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

G-Suite was a familiar package that I knew as a consumer. I had also tried G-Suite at another company and saw how easy it was to integrate me as an independent contractor into their system. From there it became an easy solution.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

I had some experience with Office 365 as part of a GoDaddy package when I secured the domain for my company. It was okay, but access was harder and it seemed more clunky/less intuitive. It was also notably more expensive.

Aaron from Colorado Computer Care

G Suite is powerful, flexible, and customizable; but clumsy and unintuitive

I use G Suite primarily to host my business domain's e-mail via Gmail; however I rarely use the Gmail interface directly as I use a local email client. A number of my clients use G Suite for nearly all their office needs - including email, Google Apps, and Google Drive - but not a single client is truly happy with what G Suite has to offer.

Pros

G Suite is extremely comprehensive, providing everything from e-mail (Gmail) to cloud storage (Google Drive) to office applications (Docs, Sheets and Slides). An organization can effectively use G Suite for nearly all of one's offices needs. G Suite has fantastic collaboration tools - especially when multiple people are working on the same document. In addition, G Suite's admin console allows for some impressive tweaks and customizations.

Cons

G Suite's interface is beyond clunky, especially when it comes to the Google Apps side of things. Using a web browser to work on a spreadsheet (Google Sheets) can be a lesson in frustration, as a good chunk of the interface is taken up by not only the web browsers interface, but various unnecessary items within the Google Apps interface. In addition, delving into any of G Suite's backend settings will take you down a rabbit hole of complexity and confusion.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

G Suite is overall less expensive than Office 365, and also has fantastic non-profit pricing (as in, it's free for your entire organization). With that being said, I have used Office 365 with other clients who choose not to use G Suite; and many clients use G Suite in addition to Dropbox for cloud storage.

Bart from Accurat

The easy all-in-one collaboration suite

Google Workspace is an affordable solution for our team to make sure we can focus on the job and have everything at our disposal without the need for an IT team to manage our infrastructure or account management.

Pros

Google Workspace was our go-to-choice when moving away from a Microsoft environment. It allows us, like no other of its competitors to: 1) collaborate with ease As we work together on documents all the time, it is really easy to have Google's suite of tools at our disposal with a generous amount of data. 2) setup & onboard new users without hassle Adding new users, even temporary account for students is really easy. Sharing previous docs, an onboarding map and the likes is done with almost no effort. 3) manage rights & permissions Managing users and adding them to subsidiaries or managing individual rights is straightforward.

Cons

At first, the 100% webbased solution, was not fully trusted for users when going offline. But Google has come a long way improving towards a solution that works perfectly on and offline. Chromebooks that enter the domain are treated automatically as 'managed' by the organisation, which limits some functionalities even when this is not intended. It is a minor downside however and actually makes sense to do it this way.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

We were already using google products for some time without the workspace behind it. Switching to full time use was the most natural choice.

Tiffany from Randstad USA

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Indispensable tool set, especially in an increasingly remote/virtual workforce

We do everything in Workspace. Other than our ATS, all of our day to day communication and documentation activities are performed on Workspace, we have all but gotten rid of Microsoft and Zoom

Pros

Each app is seamlessly integrated into all the other apps. Communicating with my team, collaborating on deliverables and documents, calendar management, video meetings and email literally all in one place. Workspace has significantly sped up work flow, I never realized how much time it took to do the little things like attach documents, create and send video meeting invites, and waiting on my teammates to respond to emails or other chat systems. Having everything housed in Google means every tool you need can be accessed in the same tab, making it almost impossible to not see a new email or chat to come through. These things might sound silly, our production has sped up so significantly since switching from several different software and applications to Google Workspace.

Cons

There aren't a lot of cons really, but if I have to pick something, I'd say it is a little confusing starting out when people refer to Hangouts vs. Meet vs. Chat vs. Duo and things like that just because all of them pretty much share different combinations of the same messaging, video chat and/or voice calling functions. Google is consolidating all these services into fewer apps (which are included in Workspace), and apps that will eventually be unsupported (like Hangouts) are still functional and being slowly fazed out, so this isn't even really much of a con.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Cost and efficiency are the main reasons we switched. We also stopped using Zoom for video meetings because Meet is so automatically integrated into Calendar and Gmail that it just made sense.

Norzihan from Maxis

Has everything for online collaboration

The best experience that i have with collaborating software is with Google Workspace, I can get my work done everywhere thanks to easy access to all the software under Google Workspace that are reachable over the internet. Spacious storage offered even for a free account really helping me managing my software cost.

Pros

From document creation to email management, Google Workspace has everything covered and there are numerous integration of software that can be paired with this workspace. Collaborating with others definitely a piece of cake as everything is easily sharable as long you given access to them to using your content.

Cons

It is so difficult to get hold of their customer service. I need to wait hours to get hold of their customer care from the live chat and the only option i have is to opening a support ticket from the email, which takes days for them to replies back. That is the only thing that make me frustrating with google product.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

More feature and tools available from Google Workspace.

PAUL from OSH.co.za

Google Workspace is the future of email and collaboration.

Our clients love it. Our support teams love it. We have used it for years and will never move.

Pros

Having used G Suite since it first came out, I remember the days of old. Google Workspace was the first to release a cloud email system that was good. Microsoft came along later with the Office 365, but Google was developed in the cloud and the collaboration and working in document in a browser shows how far ahead of Microsoft, Google is.

Cons

It is quite technical to setup. As an end user, the front end is very intuitive. A lot of clients are used to using Outlook as their email software and integrating it into Outlook is not ideal. But this is really not the real use case.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Needed to test and become familiar with the Microsoft 365 platform to be able to deploy it for our clients.

Matthew from 10X Consulting Group Inc

Google Workspace wins over every other platform

Google Workspace is a business ESSENTIAL for me. I recommend it over other similar platforms. With all docs being cloud-based and instantly synced across devices and for multiple users, I've left hard drive based programs behind.

Pros

I can sync across devices. I can log in and navigate among multiple inboxes simultaneously, with Gmail, but also Drive and Google Docs.

Cons

Since the beginning, Gmail has never given the ability to adjust the left-column folder menu size. My folder names would often benefit from a larger name, but I've learned to live with it.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

One major reason is that Office 365 does NOT allow multiple simultaneous logins. I manage multiple clients as a consultant, so I'm logged in to a minimum of 4 email and storage accounts at all times.

Matthew from Advanced Integrated Systems

Perfect for startup and easy to quickly scale

Perfect for the teams that require emails with their custom domain names and allows for developers to extend their team quickly without attracting much cost. Flexible payment options are available as the team grows and is bundled with their other google services which are highly available and used throughout the industry.

Pros

The product was quick to acquire and setup - completed it in less than a day. The system helps you along the way to setup with your custom domains and facilitates a quick transition with as little downtime as possible.

Cons

I would have liked more storage with my plan - but it is a choice to upgrade. I chose to not go with more storage due to the cost at the time. However, it's important to note that in comparison to everything else on the market this is very affordable.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

GoDaddy webmail is archaic and not modern. Definitely have issues with spam and Google has a MUCH better spam filter.

Aminuddin from Celcom Axiata Berhad

Collaborate project with Google

Google Workspace connectivity is the reason why we still choosing this software compared to the others. From the Gmail account, I can connect easily to Google Meet, GMail, GSuite and many more product that are under Google service. Basically, all my works need to managing a project and task can be found in this software.

Pros

Google Workspace has really help me collaborating task and project with my colleague especially when we had to work from home(WFH) in this pandemic event. Sharing and working on the same document together with my colleague has proved effective using this software, and we use it to manage almost every task that we have.

Cons

The only thing that i dislike with this software compared to the competitive software is, the price to subscribe this Google plan. It is pretty expensive for even for its basic feature, and there are some other software that offer the same feature for less money.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

GotoMeeting didn't support for document collaboration.

Bex from Redeemer Center for Life

Collaboration in Non-Profit Setting

We couldn't function without Google Workspace, but it's not without it's flaws. I particularly wish there was better support options!

Pros

Google Workspace offers an amazing ability to collaborate with my colleagues. Particularly right now, as we all work from home, being able to edit documents together, write comments, share new versions, organize many files, and more has increased our online collaboration and therefore improved the quality of our work.

Cons

I find Google's support pretty challenging to use. When I run into challenges, particularly with formatting documents I've uploaded as a PDF and want to edit in Google Documents, I am rarely able to resolve my issue with advice from their support page. I find it hard to ask questions and get useful results back, so I either end up working around the issue or seeking advice from informal platforms. Additionally, I don't love their task management options. It's not as collaborative or user-friendly as other products.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

We chose Google over Dropbox because it's easier to collaboratively edit documents and files.

Max from Riddim Records Limited

Industry: Music

A Great Product, Once You Get Your Head Around It

I began my small business at University and wanted to make our identity seem more cohesive, part of a large network and, most importantly, professional. I did some research and it seemed that Google had the best features and, of course, has an excellent reputation globally (being one of the most well known products on the planet). Google Workspace was certainly a challenge to get my head around for a number of reasons. Mainly because there are just so many features to navigate through. I remember having a serious issue early on working with Google Workspace where I hadn't been receiving issues due to a technical issue which far surpassed my understanding of how the products works internally. Something wasn't sending the right information to another thing, and because someone had done something with our domain hosting platform, I just stopped receiving emails all together. Turns out, I hadn't been receiving emails for 2 weeks! I just thought no one was getting back to me (being a start up business and all). I spoke with several different members of customer support who were fantastic, and we got the issue sorted within 48 hours. I now have a larger team, and the online co-working spaces that are available are great. The privileges and role assignment features are easy to understand and accessible, and the eco-system, when you can finally get your head around it, is really good.

Pros

The co-working spaces that are available are great. The privileges and role assignment features are accessible and really handy. More generally, the Google Workspace eco-system, when you can finally get your head around it, is really good. The Customer Service team is very responsive, approachable and understanding. I've had a few issues with Google Workspace, largely for mistakes made on my part, and the Customer Service has typically rectified the issue within 48 hours.

Cons

I found the Google Workspace really quite tricky to get to grips with. It took me over a month of re-visiting the Admin feature to really understand how to utilise it properly. The more the company the grew, the more features I needed to consider using and the learning process re-started all over again. This isn't necessarily something that can be changed but, for example, I would have really loved a virtual tour of how to use each feature as and when I needed to use it.

Sam from Cross Culture Community Church

Online Collaboration Solution

We have enjoyed using Google Workspace very much and look forward to continuing to use it for collaborating with our team.

Pros

We have made the greatest use out of the email feature. Being able to store documents online and share access to those documents, even collaborating simultaneously has been another huge feature. Having all of the documents and the history of documents synced across multiple devices has been invaluable.

Cons

Task management could use some improvement to bring it up to part to competing services. The ability to manage the permissions for all elements of the users in one location would also be beneficial. Right now you have to enter into certain programs to adjust the settings and sharing rights for individuals rather than being able to do it from the control panel.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

At the time it had better features and pricing for our needs.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

We needed to be able to collaborate online.

Carlos Henrique from Gaudium

All your working needs in one place and shareable with everyone in your Company.

Since my first day the use of this software was a must! Besides my personal use, which gave me familiarity with the tools, I'm wasn't accustomed to use with a team. In the end it was easier than I've thought! With Sheets we could maintain everything updated to our clients and Slides was the major tool to our Chief Officers presentations. Even Engineering and Product Team improved the knowledge of new resources to our collaborators. All of this because of the easiness and speed to make a presentation or sheets. Our Intranet is hosted on Sites and we can access everything in a few steps, with a beautiful design. Any company documentation is on Docs, all of it hosted on the company Drive, making it a center of information and storage to these shareable information. Access limitations are on the way so anyone can see only what matters and, if needed, you could have access granted easily. In these difficult times that we're living now, Meet is our only team meeting tool, whether for general meetings or with separated teams, one-to-one meetings are being held this way too. The call quality (even if we have 40 people simultaneously) is incredible. The chat features during the meeting and the possibility to mute someone make Meet an extraordinary tool in this compilation that is practically complete for your daily work.

Pros

Ease of use, almost everything is intuitive. Customizable content on your mailbox (tags, folders, mail rules, models and more). All tools you may need (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, Meet) and they're easily shareable, extremely necessary in times like these were almost everyone is working from home. Marketplace has extensions for almost every need or tools you use.

Cons

It should have clearer, more specific and easier to find documentation. Sometimes you may think that some resource don't exist, but, it was there all the time. Most models should fit everyone, however, sometimes you'll need to customize from an existent model to make something more specific.

Alex from Nikola Institute

The way to go for startups

G Workspace is my go-to for new teams and I routinely advise others to go this way, simply to save headaches down the road.

Pros

Google Apps... aka Google Suite (now "Google Workspace") has been around for some 15 years, and it's the fastest way to get a team online with email and a suite of collaboration tools, while still having a solid pathway for growth in maturity. Cost is very affordable for most startups. Native android integration for mail, calendar, etc. is very important.

Cons

A frequent annoyance for startups is that "obsolete" team member accounts are still charged at the full per-user rate, unless their account (including emails, drive etc.) is entirely deleted. Far better would be an "user archive" option at a discounted rate. Sometimes startups have dozens of temporary team members, and preserving their correspondence is very important for legal and other reasons.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Zoho Mail offers similar features to Google Workspace Gmail, and it's even cheaper, but doesn't offer all the perks of G Workspace such as native android integration.

Vincent from Gradelink

The Preferred Collaboration and Communication Suite for Small Business

I use GSuite tools every day for my business and my full time job, and as a whole, my experience has been very good. As a web designer, I also help many of my clients set up collaberation and communication tools, including GSuite for Business and GSuite for Education, and more often than not, it's a breeze.

Pros

The feature I like most about GSuite is the range of collaberation and communication tools it offers and its ability to integrate with my everyday web experience. I use Google Docs and Drive to collaberate on web projects. To give a specific example, I use Google docs to put together a sitemap and have my clients make edits to it before placing content on the site. I use GSuite as a way for clients to upload website assets and make them available to me for use on web projects.

Cons

GSuite is not very intuitive when it comes to setting up options on the administrative side. Everytime I want to look for a particular setting, I need to reference the documentation or Google help site to see where the option is - it's never where you would expect it to be. I can tell that the software was developed by programmers, but I believe they might want to add a few more UI/UX people to the team that develops the administrative interface.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

At the time, Microsoft was just putting together their 365 experience, and I wasn't a fan. It's gotten a lot better since then, but I still prefer GSuite over anything from Microsoft because of it's ability to integrate with many other tools that I use in my browser, such as the ability to snc my browsing preferences to any Chrome browser. I pretty much live in the Google world now, so switching isn't really an option.

Anastasia from CubiCasa

Great Choice for Organizations of All Sizes

Google Suite is a great solution. Probably it is one of the best collaborative sites. It makes communication, sharing, and coworking super easy. I never have to worry about losing any files or information because G suite has my back!

Pros

I used G Suite for university purposes, but when I realized it is similarly helpful in work setting - it became my favorite tool. I would use Google Docs to document my learnings and work on my assignments and then I would switch to work account and use the same tools to produce valuable work. I am in love with the Google Meetings and Calendar feature and seeing how busy are others based on their schedule. It is extremely easy to collaborate with teammates. I don't have to worry whether I forgot to save a document or about making mistakes (because almost everything can be corrected so easily). The search feature is amazing allowing me to find any document by typing a word/phrase. Also the feature to schedule emails it's absolutely great because it allows me to be professional and to not disturb anyone.

Cons

One of the negative parts is for sure - the difficulty to remove many documents at a time. Support team can be considered average. Small note: When replying to an email from a long thread, I need to type the response which is located at the bottom of the long chain of previous emails. It might waste time in urgent situations by requiring a lot of scrolling. In order to use it - an internet connection is needed even though many features are crucial. Google Sheets don't have so many features compared to Microsoft Excel.

Ryan from ISM Connect

Industry: Broadcast Media

G Suite for Team Collaboration

Fantastic. It hits all of the options I look for in a product; Ease of personal use, ease of collaboration, reliability. I have never had an issue with G-Suite that I haven't been able to solve or get an answer to within minutes. I have never had an issue retrieving or sharing a document from the Shared Drive and editing with coworkers is absolutely flawless and simplistic.

Pros

It's extremely simple to learn with little to no direction at all. Everything from mail to creating and designing documents whether it be alone or live with another team mate is extremely simple to accomplish. Storage and retrieval of docs within the drive is also extremely simple and reliable as well.

Cons

I think one of the major hurdles a lot of people have consistently is understanding the Google process for saving a document or saving it to your desktop. It's a very different process than we are used to with typical Microsoft Office products that we learned on. Another issue I see people having is understanding how to share a document on the Drive with someone outside of the organization. Although this is a simple process, I think the directions should be clearer for new users.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

I made this switch as I transitioned to a new company so I didn't have a say in the matter. Both products present major positives and are incredibly useful, I however, prefer G-Suite.

Darrell from GigRoster™ Professional Entertainment

G Suite is a must in our business

Super easy to use and very much fill our needs as a company with team members all over. It is especially good now with WFH protocals.

Pros

It has so many different tools that are included in the suite, it is a real value and it makes collaboration and sharing so simple. With everything in the cloud and on the computer it makes me wonder why it took us so long to switch. It just keeps getting better.

Cons

the web site software is a little limiting and could have a lot more features.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

It is simply the easiest cloud based solution for our small business and the cost is very nominal.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Tired of getting bled for more money without the ease of collaboration.

Murtaza from Virginia Tech

Industry: Research

Better price/storage than any of the competitors!

It's a pretty great product overall, however, the lack of communication from their support team, and more importantly their lack of presence in updating the features towards Linux distributions is disappointing. In spite of that, they are pretty much above every other competing product, when compared to ease of use, and fluidity between moving across projects, and teams.

Pros

The G Suite functionality is perfect for collaborating across different teams. The versioning system is quite intuitive as compared to other archaic methods. One of the most enticing thing about G-Suite is that it provides and end-to-end offering from domains, docs to storage with Google Drive. There are other competing products, but they do not really match the G-Suite with it's tight integration with different operating systems, and more specifically with the Chrome browser, that enables cross-platform support even for Linux distros.

Cons

G Suite docs are great for versioning and creating quick drafts and share ideas, however the docs that include, slides/spreadsheet/text are severely lacking in features that MS Office has, specifically in terms of the flexibility in customizing margins for example, or even basic features in editing complex math/symbols. Additionally, support for Google Drive while great for Windows/OS X operating systems, is non-existent for Linux distros, specifically their Google File Stream offering, which was one of the driving motivation to switch over to the G Suite.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Switched over mainly due to feature sets, integration in the work environment and more specifically ease of use across different people with varying skill levels.

The Best Out There For Collaborative Work

I love Google Suite. It truly is the best collaborative site out there. It makes communication, sharing, and editing super easy. I never have to worry about losing any files or information because G suite has my back!

Pros

I absolutely love how easy it is to collaborate with teammates. I never have to worry about saving a document or losing a document. Google suite makes it easy to keep all my files in one place and share my files with hundreds of other users. G Suite has a lot of storage for my files and makes it easy to archive and retrieve any file. I also love how you can search for a document by typing any word in the file. I use G Suite for everything

Cons

There is not much to complain about but I dislike how difficult it is to remove large quantities of files. I also have a love hate relationship with how detailed the progress history is—while it is beneficial for tracking work, it is frustration when it causes problems among teammates.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

It was difficult to understand what was going on. Many teammembers had trouble learning the tools.

Shiva from Self-Employed

G Suite review

Overall G suite is best for any organization and you have to compromise for some of the features such as collaboration tools, Comparing to Skype or Team their hangout isn't great so far. Overall I can proudly recommend this services to anyone with their own research (what they want?).

Pros

Well, A complete google package is suitable for any business. Premium google adds on packages are bonuses. Storage is a very excellent buy for literally anything. There is no need for any special training for employees. Anyone can easily use it. No hassle to train employees. Very organized and fully cloud-based. Gmail, drive, Voice are great development.

Cons

Apart from good features there are few things that people don't like about this product. This is entirely webbased and many of us don't like this. Very average/poor support system comparing to their competitors. Collaboration tools are not great as their competitors offer. Pricing should be even more better.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Initially we exicited with google services and user-friendly gmail and google drive interface. G Voice was awesome alternative for landline.

Great office solution for our small team

Overall I'm happy with the software. It's easy for the team to use, document sharing and working on the same document together is very simple. I finally feel Google Chat is at least somewhat more comparable to Slack, but since it was so far behind when we started using G Suite, we're now stuck with Slack and switch is just too much of a hurdle. So if you're starting out with G Suite now you might be able to save yourself the money on a separate Slack subscription as well.

Pros

G Suite has been very easy for our small team to use. The web apps are user friendly and easy for anyone to quickly get up to speed on. Google Meet is also very easy to use for team or external video meetings, and offers dial-in numbers for participants if some are on slow internet connections or don't have a microphone setup for their computer. The video quality has improved dramatically since I first started using it back in 2018. It works in the browser with no additional software installation needed, so it's quick and easy to use each time.

Cons

Gmail needs an overhaul, especially the settings area to make it more user-friendly. Setting up custom keyboard shortcuts to navigate through Gmail is cumbersome and there doesn't appear to be a way to map a shortcut to "Display images" in an e-mail if you have loading of these turned off by default, which I do for privacy and tracking reasons. For Google Drive it doesn't seem to save the sort order setting for each folder and there's no way to get this to save. Some folders where I prefer to sort the file order by Last Modified so recent ones show at the top then impact the sort order of other folders where I'd prefer it stay in alphabetical order. Google Meet needs to add more features similar to other video conferencing solutions to stay competitive.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

We choose G Suite years ago before Microsoft had the Teams product. We mainly went with G Suite because another company that was acquired was already using it, so we stuck with it as we expanded.

Ilan from International College of Coaching and Management

Nice features but the service is a Google service = no service.

Overall it's a good and fast suite with most of the things we need. It's lightweight and cheaper than office suite and the option to work even on tablets is very nice. It lack the intuitive ease to use as Microsoft products and lack of support even if you pay. Google likes your money but doesn't care about support.

Pros

We love the simplicity of the option to work online with the staff in our organization or outside our organization. The suite is simple but well done with most of the things we need.

Cons

It's too simple at times and the easy of use you can find on Microsoft products is not find here. It seems that it has more potential if someone would have thought a bit more on usability. The worst part in Google products is the lack of support. After ours of searching how to download a receipt, I saw help pages that sent me to other nonexistent pages and after years of searching - we have no answer. Google have great products, most of them are very simple and this is their advantage but I hope that they will also take care of their paid customers and give them support. Even Microsoft have a help center...

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Simplicity of use and lightweight.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Google products are lightweight and simple and the collaboration is excellent. The simple things works excellent. The only problem is when you need more customization or when you need help.

All in one solution for new companies

There is hardly any other tool that offers this much at this price. Google Drive and all its document creation features are essentially a must in any modern company, and the only other option is Office 365 which is still miles away due to their late online adoption and unreasonable price. And it comes attached with the de-facto email manager and a calendar that works out of the vox in almost any android device. The value for money is very competitive.

Pros

GSuite is a plug and play set of productivity tools for virtually any company but specially but starting companies (as early choices may have large impacts down the road). If you're looking into having your email account set up with your domain name, this is the way to go as it works seamlessly to provide a gmail account in that domain (little configuration). Plus, along comes a calendar, video-calls, cloud space for files, and a suite of document creation tools (docs, sheets, slides, etc). Since all of these are very connected with each other, this was a no-brainer choice and very powerful for startups.

Cons

Google created an amazing product by just stiching several of its already existing products and making them work together really well, but beyond that (which is already a lot) there is little else. For example, it's just normal that people enter and leave a company, and the support for forwarding emails or managing these "old accounts" is limited. Other specific functionalities are also limited or a bit too complicated in comparison with the rest of the suite, like managing rooms, creating email lists, or controlling permissions. Also, one misses a Slack-like functionality. Where is google's version of slack? It could so easily be integrated in Gsuite.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Cheaper, and has many more functionality attached to it, like the email, calendar, drive, device management, etc.

Paul from Online media

Industry: Online Media

Arguably essential for any serious small to large businesses

If you're a small business then it's a no brainer: one low monthly fee and you get enterprise-level email, cloud storage and collaboration tools. I use it for my own business, and I recommend it to any of the small to medium-sized businesses we work it.

Pros

- Best in class office suite (docs, sheets, slides with collaborative editing and versions) - Collaboration and sharing is easy (from shared docs, cloud storage and video calls) - Reliable, spam-protected, email service (gmail) - Constant improvements: g-suite has come on in leaps and bounds in recent years ; it's only getting better - So, so much more capability if you want to dive into everything from user-roles to managing employee devices and dedicated apps...

Cons

Sometimes Google's menus can be a bit unituitive. There's almost too much here (especially if you're a smaller organisation)! It would be nice to have a click-and-go set up process with tooltips explaining the features for those new to the service. But generally everything is well-documented.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

At the time, it was the best collaborative office productivity platform. Microsoft and others have caught up, and new systems such as Slack give other options. But G-suite has been consistently reliable without sacrificing innovation, so unless something dramatic happens we'll be sticking with it for the forseeable future.

Jessica from Arizona Beagle Rescue

Industry: Individual & Family Services

All in one solution

Fantastic! We took 2 different cloud servers and merged them into just G Suite. We have cloud based backups, it is very user friendly (even for the less tech-savvy volunteers!), and the setup was super easy. Honestly we dragged our feet with the setup and file transfer because we expected it to be more complicated than it was! I wish we had done this a few years ago!

Pros

Having G Suite allowed us to condense several different file organization/data base software programs into one (G Suite). This allows our non-profit animal rescue to store animal records (owner surrender forms, shelter paperwork, vet invoices, behavior evaluations) in an organized fashion. We also use G Suite for our forms (adoption, owner surrender, etc.) for information coming in. It is very easy to organize and/or search for information. All of our volunteers can have access to what we need without navigating complicated software or programs.

Cons

Some of the add-ons to particular features within G Suite can become discontinued and no longer supported which means we need to find new and similar add-ons to meet our needs. I do appreciate that these discontinuations are done with the purpose of maintaining client privacy and ensuring that add-ons are reputable. Some people get frustrated when they do not take the time to organize their Drive and thus they have difficulties finding documents. Organizing documents on Drive is not as intuitive for many people as it is on the actual computer drive (I'm not sure why!).

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

G Suite was more cost effective, works with non-profits, and several of our volunteers have familiarity with from their current jobs. We really wanted all of our records in one place, and G Suite allows us to do that. The integration with all the G Suite programs is excellent for our needs. We can switch seamlessly between Forms, Sheets, Docs, and Slides. Multiple users can work simultaneously on the same document which is ideal as we very rarely meet as a full group and most of our work is done virtually.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

G Suite was more cost effective and it is something that several of our volunteers have familiarity with from their day jobs. We really wanted all of our records in one place, and G Suite allows us to do that. The integration with all the G Suite programs is excellent for our needs.

Sarah from Self Employed

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

A Necessary Tool for Doing Business

I've been a G Suite customer both in my personal life, self employment ventures, and all the times I've contracted with companies. Over time I've pushed away using Google's proprietary tools (For example, I'll utilize a different email platform but hook it into G Suite), and I will admit there's a serious disappointment to be had when it comes to integrations with "Smart" devices. G Suite will remain a constant part of my life, and it scales well whenever I've had periods of needing additional accounts/storage.

Pros

G Suite is intuitive, and merges well into the workflow for users who've already been using Google products. It doesn't take much to tweak it a bit though it's often a good thing to restrict people to the environment they (often) grew up using.

Cons

The walled garden which is Google becomes G Suites strongest selling point and also it's greatest weakness. Some organizations may not find this meets their needs, and while it's not specific to my use-case everyone should evaluate if G Suite meets their compliance needs. I also will say the admin panel is a bit simplified in comparison to what IT professionals may be used to (this might just be me), though it's improved with time.

It was familiar.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

It started (like with so many others) that I needed a business domain, and grew from there.

Michael from Hearthstone

Our Team Lives by G Suite

Pros

Our team lives by using G Suite. We love it. There is only one feature i wish it had. (see below) other than that it is perfect, really. and the price is great. love the mobile apps for android and ios. amazing. not many people know g suite is hipaa compliant, that is, if you have google sign a BAA with your company. this is great.

Cons

i wish you could search WITHIN documents on your computer. in order to do this, you need to go to the web interface. you can only search by file names, etc. on your computer.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

best combination of features and price for g suite. liked the mobile apps better for g suite too.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

better features and better pricing for g suite.

Adrian from Cornertech, Inc.

Google G-Suite The small business no brainer

G-Suite has been awesome. We use Gmail and Calendar , Google Docs for all company documents, Google Sheets for our spreadsheet needs. We use Google Forms to collect data from check lists and to automate the collection of inspection report data. All of this is easily managed via the G-Suite Admin portal. As an admin I have very granular control over user access to drives and files. Recently we added a G-Suite App called Collavate to manage business workflows and manage document approval and control as we begin the process of getting ISO 9001:2015 Certified. No matter what you need Google it and 9 out of 10 times there is a solution in G-Suite.

Pros

For a very low cost Google G-Suite provides essential business tools and services. Essentially it completely replaces Microsoft Office and Outlook, provides data back up and sophisticated, centralized administrative functions via a simple to set up Admin portal and an easy to use cloud based ecosystem of applications. You can start out with just email accounts for your employees then as needed add layer upon layer of functionality as your business needed demand them. I set up all our computers to sync their my documents to user G suite drives. Recently an employee's lap top failed. We got a replacement and in less than an hour after opening the box the person was working like nothing had happened. No re-installing office and dealing with licenses and authorizations, no lost data. We installed one critical application and the rest appears as soon as you log into your G-Suite user account like magic!

Cons

If you are a power user of Microsoft Excel there are a few advanced features that either don't exist or work differently enough to require figuring a few things out in Google Sheets.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

G-Suite has a lower long term cost of...ownership(implementation, management). It is cloud based and very robust(faultless up-time to date).

Rodrigo from Dapa Sistemas Ltda

Very good, stable, but expensive

We have used the company for several years, without major frustrations. As I said, some functions are missing, we need to think of it as part of the office, with everything you would try to manage on the intranet, it seems like something standing in the way between an intranet solution and a collaborative solution. Although I don't like this form of operation (maybe if it emulated another sharepoint it would be better), I never changed it, despite considering it sometimes, precisely because it is difficult to find a competing service that manages to maintain the same connection and operation stability. It is very rare to find bugs, just as it is very rare to be down. We use it mainly for: saving and backing up files, exchanging files between employees and third parties, exchanging and permanently storing e-mails and docs a little to create documents and spreadsheets or forms to create quick satisfaction surveys for our customers. Google sheets doesn't compare to a local office, basic functions are missing, but it's great for editing a document quickly and sharing. We have already used support, but support is weak, information is lacking and is often time consuming to return. If you can't handle self-service well, this is not a service for you.

Pros

The best thing about the G-suite is stability. You know that it will work, you know that it will have no bugs and that you will not lose files on the drive or gmail. And it's fast.

Cons

Some features take time to appear, perhaps it is the price to pay for stability, but in general there are improvements that you don't use, and basic improvements that never arrive. For example, on the drive you still can't use folders as easily as you do in your computer's file explorer, useful panels are missing information. Another problem that I consider serious is the lack of a part of the drive that is "online only" controlled by the administrator. As it is today, it features a temporary drive for common files, because if I put backup files, client spreadsheets and sensitive data, I always know that they are also accessible from my computer or cell phone, but I would not like these files to be "loose" around. If you lose your phone, good luck trying to delete files remotely.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

In our evaluation, Office 365 proved to be unstable, I cannot trust important company documents to a service that has already lost and corrupted files on my One Drive, or that failed to synchronize. Dropbox was incomplete and very expensive at the time. We have currently done other tests on this service and it is incredibly slow, and even more expensive. Visually I sympathize more with the dropbox layout, it is more pleasant to deal with, but slow and expensive creates more problems than it solves. We tested the option of placing a VM on the web with open source software, but again the problem was making a technician available to maintain security + update + backups, it proved to be the most expensive option of all. In conclusion, we opted for the G-suite there at the beginning for years, and with each revaluation (the last one in 2019), we keep G-suite. Full integration with android also helps.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

We initially used self-hosted solutions based on open source, but that made it a sacrifice to manage and maintain security and backups. We tested Office 365 for a while, but from both our experience and that of some customers, this service was very unstable, often causing emails sent and received to disappear. Antispam was no big deal, either. When we tested the G-suite we never changed it again, even with its flaws it is still the best.

John from Photography For Little People

Industry: Photography

I've had a very positive experience with G Suite and would recommend it to anyone for personal use, and also for business use - especially if you work with remote teams or need to share & control documents. Whilst it doesn't quite have all the bells and whistles you get with MS office products, for 99% of the tasks I've needed to do I've found it to work perfectly well.

Pros

Having come from years of using Microsoft office products (excel, word, outlook etc.) I was initially concerned about switching to G-Suite for obvious reasons. The great thing about G-suite however is that it is so easy to pick ups and use as so much of the functionality & menus's are the same as what you are probably used to from MS products. By far the best thing about G-Suite is the ease at which you can collaborate with others and manage your files without the usual uncontrolled copies of documents floating around. It's easy to share documents with others and control access. The fact that this is cloud based is also a massive bonus to me. I can access my files from anywhere, on any device. For example I've used Google forms to capture data directly from customers at a trade show using a tablet, that can then be shared & analysed more or less instantly with other applications. Oh and it's also free!

Cons

The only real issue I have is if you try and work offline - it can be a bit temperamental. Likewise if your internet connection is a bit ropey it can be a pain, but for the most part this hasn't been an issue for me.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Cost - G suite gives me everything I need (and then some) for less money. It's a no brainer!

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Primarily cost - G suite is free and having to use so many other specialist software applications that I have to pay for, it make sense to save when & where I can.

John from Plum City School District

G Suite for Education is GREAT!

We used G Suite to solve the issue with students having many different usernames and passwords for all their devices and consolidated accounts and set up Single Sign On with Google as the Identity Provider.

Pros

We use G Suite for Education, as most schools do. We like most about it is how well it integrates with pretty much every third party that has anything to do in the K12 area. From our curriculum (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt) to our SIS (Skyward Qmlativ), we can utilize Google SSO to easily authenticate users to almost every platform we have. This makes it easy and is entirely cloud based and requires no maintenance (unlike Sibboleth) on our end. It also is easy for students because they have only one login to remember.

Cons

Google is known for "wiping out" stuff randomly (like Google Cloud Print, and LSAs (Less Secure Apps)) so I do not recommend it in a commercial environment because environments with lots of legacy devices will be a bad fit with Google's constant changes.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Google Drive for Education's collaborative features are a lot better than Office 365 for Education.

Marcia from Marcia McCray Omnimedia™

I Love G-Suite

Overall, I’m pretty happy with G Suite. It’s a great hub for my businesses.

Pros

I like the amount of space that I have for my GDrive for each of my email addresses & the easy navigation and accessibility to Google’s suite of products. I also like the fact that multiple people can work on a document at the same time.

Cons

1. The search tool can be really sucky at times. I’ve searched for emails and senders that ended up in zero search results which can be really frustrating. 2. Also, I don’t receive some emails (this doesn’t happen often) or the emails arrive days later. Now I know it’s not on my end because we have Xfinity Comcast and I haven’t had any problems with that service. 3. I don’t like emails being collapsed. I’d rather the emails be in one long thread not collapsible tabs. It gets confusing.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

I felt that the quality is better with G Suite and the interface and user experience aligned more with what I was looking for for my brands.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Host Rocket seemed antiquated (at least the plan I was on). Because I moved all of my sites over to Flywheel WordPress (WP). Flywheel only specializes in hosting WP services so I had to find An email provider and I chose G Suite. I was happy to literally get a suite of products (not just email) for such a reasonable rate.

Marisa from The Kevin Eikenberry Group

One of the Best File Storage Systems for Teams

We were having a huge problem with document version control, not knowing where things were (which also related to version control) and it was costing us valuable time and productivity. Now that we have G Suite, that isn't a problem anymore. We just might have to tell someone where a folder is now and then but usually we have it set up pretty intuitively. Plus, because of things like Google Docs and Sheets, we can collaborate on documents that are saved inside of our Team Drive. It makes things so easy! We knew that this product would help us when we decided to purchase it but I'm not sure we realized just how much.

Pros

I love that everything is in 1 place. Our team no longer has to try to figure out who has what file because we know to just put it on the Team Drive. It's also nice because we can share files out to people who aren't in our team which makes things like website downloads really nice because if we need to update it, we just update the current file and don't have to change the link. It has really helped our team be more productive and save time because we're not searching for files like we used to with SugarSync. (Plus trying to remember to share folders with everyone.) I also love that everything is streamed to my computer (unless I have specifically selected to have offline access to something). That way, if I'm working on things where I don't need access to Team Drive, I can just close it. Doesn't take up any extra space on my machine.

Cons

One feature I wish we had although I do kind of understand why it's not available would be the ability to share folders within a Team Drive. Sometimes I feel like it would be easier to share a folder with a client to give them access to everything that they need but for now we either have to individually give access to every file or copy it to our My Drive and issue access that way.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

For the money and the features at the time that we were looking, G Suite worked better for us. I believe it was the only one with unlimited data storage at the time.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

We were having problems of people not knowing where things were, folders wouldn't always sync properly, some people didn't have access to folders and wouldn't realize it, version control, etc. All in all, it was costing a lot of time. And the price wasn't worth it for that headache.

a G Suite Review by his admin.

I set it up in my business and is very easy to configure it all and have a good way to administrate all the resources and accounts, the domain set up was very easy and this never have downtime, it's always working as gmail, this is a really good product.

Pros

Easy to use, perfect design and Customer Service, perfect integration with all the Google Ecosystem.

Cons

Price (this software is a little bit expensive). The prices start from $6.00 per user and are not too expensive if you have some users but in our company (up to 50) it turns a little bit expensive.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Price, quality and tech support.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Because this has better customer support in our region and lets us work with Drive and other Google Applications as Hangouts

Mauricio from Rede TVT

Industry: Broadcast Media

All the basic tools in one service

Everything you need to keep your team productive and connected in one service. This platform provides a rich and reliable data management and facilitates collaboration.

Pros

All the basic tools used by most employees are available and easy to use in G Suite. Google Drive, Corporate Gmail, Spreadsheets, Docs and Slides are all connected and Cloud Based, providing a very reliable platform for collaboration. The administration area gives very clear information about how the service is being used and even provides mobile device management

Cons

The service is very scalable and depending on the number of users it can become high monthly investment. After a year using G Suit the company might get dependent on the services as most of the daily basic tasks are done in the platform, nevertheless, this is cheaper and more reliable than using local licenses and services

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

G Suit provides more tools for less investment

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

We used to have hundreds of licences and had to administrate several servers to provide corporate level email services and to the company, it was complex and costly to mantain

Víctor from Opcion Creativa

Highly recommended! A good investment for your company

In general it is a great product for any company, both medium and large, the support is quite fast and in several languages. It takes a little while for the initial setup, but it's worth it.

Pros

When you buy G Suite, you have access to a large number of applications that improve the overall quality of communication within the company and also with customers, "Meet" for video conferences, "sites" for websites, "Chat" to send messages of text and the always useful Gmail are available are included with the subscription. It also comes with a space of 15gb per user in google drive, and office tools. The initial setup is not that simple, but you can have help online or by calling. User administration is quite easy. You can choose between making payments monthly or annually (the latest with a percentage of discount).

Cons

Althogh they provide a FAQ and other instructions on how to customize and implement their products, there is needed additional help from the customer servicer. There are many steps to follow for making specific configuration in the email groups. G suite allows the migration of emails from a previous provider but not every provider is compatible. I also had some problems running the applications on an iphone (the mac had no problem).

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

G Suite was easier to administer and offers best services

Will from Dot Xero

For my clients and my company

Overall my experience with G Suite is a very very good one. We've moved full teams over from the old school web mail to G Suite and everyone loved it. the administrator found is much easier to add/remove and change out users.

Pros

G Suite for the email alone is worth it. Google Drive included makes it a no brainer. Makes administering email for big teams very easy

Cons

A long time ago, Google offered a form of G Suite for free with up to 10(?) users. Many businesses set it up and forgot about it. When trying to set it up for those accounts now, it's a major pain. It continually tells you that there's an account for that domain but doesn't tell you how to open it. You have to contact support, then they have top make you put a code onto the website, then they try to contact the person who opened it up years back. If they don't hear from them, then they'll give you access. This is not an easy process.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

We integrate email with a clients website- when someone fills out a form, it emails an email address from that domain name. Microsoft can't seem to figure that out, or why this is done. Wee have to install an SMTP plugin to get the website form to email the client- basically using Microsoft's server to send the email as well as receive it. You'd think they understand this by now.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

Much easier than using the hosts CPanel webmail. Even the hosts recommend using G Suite over the CPanel email.

Bryan from ESSDACK

Best option for a school or non-profit to share and collaborate in an office environment

Gsuite has a minimal cost for us, and it allows us to collaborate within our organization and with all of our customers as well.

Pros

Our organization wouldn't be the same without a tool like Gsuite. Most school districts use Gsuite because it is a free service. We can share and collaborate on just about any kind of document. 90% of our employees do most of their daily job within Gsuite. GSuite also connects to hundreds of 3rd party apps and it can be used as your centralized user database.

Cons

Enterprise security measures are not a top priority. Google is constantly improving this concern, but I believe Microsoft addresses these concerns better than Google.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Gsuite is a free product for schools.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

All web based solution, and it is updated constantly to add new features.

Daniel from Goodnight Consulting

Gsuite-Lots to like

G Suite is great for performing basic office tasks. But if you’re looking to dive deeper you may want to spring for office 365. However the way it integrates with Gmail and with your website are very nice. If your business does it need to perform detailed spreadsheet modeling it should be fine.

Pros

G suite is versatile, easy to use and flexible. Google makes collaboration very easy, and obviously search is a strength of the platform given the publisher.

Cons

The software that is intended to compete with Microsoft: sheets, slides etc. are all a little light on features. Google sheets in particular cannot hold Microsoft Excel’s jock. As a basic spreadsheet platform it’s fine, but don’t expect to do any detailed number crunching or data modeling.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

G suite has very strong capabilities in terms of web presence. It is also less expensive than office 365. As a start up business who is counting pennies this is important.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

We switched from Office 365 for cost savings and because we wanted a platform that integrated with Gmail.

Free G Suite for Education is the MOST amazing deal ever

Honestly, it's been an incredible investment for our organization, and I really couldn't be happier. I feel like if I was paying, however, I would like the admin console to be a bit cleaner and easier to navigate - even cleaning up the confusing wording on the instructions would be an improvement.

Pros

It's free when you are in the education sector and you can't beat that. I can't begin to tell you how much my department has saved in data storage costs alone. Totally worth it to get just that, but the host of other tools in G Suite are also amazing!

Cons

It comes with a learning curve for sure. It can be a bit difficult to understand as an administrator, and although the customization options are AWESOME, they can be complex and require time to learn and understand what they do.

Cost

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

The cost of Dropbox went up

Michael from Post Hill Press

Industry: Publishing

There isn't a lot not to love about G Suite

With Google being the giant that it is, I'm honestly not sure where to go if I do need support of any kind for G Suite. It's not like Google has a main switchboard that you can all in to and "press 1 for technical support." Perhaps they do and I don't know it. But thankfully, it's very very rare that I need support beyond what can be found online. I wouldn't hesitate to deploy G Suite with any of the companies I oversee.

Pros

When I came in to a new company, I inherited "Google Apps" as our platform. I had been accustomed to the Exchange Server world for email, Sharepoint for files, and was neck-deep in the Microsoft ecosystem in my past experience. When coming in to Google Apps (later rebranded as G Suite), I was a bit uneasy but the unfamiliarity was quickly overcome by the ease of use of Google's tools. One of the things I appreciate most about G Suite is that you never have to worry about the integrity of your data. You know your server's hard drive is never going to crash and bring you down for days at a time. You know you're not going to have to deal with lengthy outages because one upstream provider has gone down. Google is just reliable. It's rock solid, and it just works.

Cons

I think the #1 issue I don't like about G Suite is Gmail's "labels" paradigm. Yes, they offer IMAP, which allows you to mostly adhere to the "folders" model, but "labels" are not exactly the same and understanding the differences can be confusing at first. Also, I prefer to work through an email client rather than through web mail. There are a few programs out there that handle the "labels" implementation well, but many do not, so your choices for email clients become limited. Other than that, I really can't complain about the tools that G Suite offers, nor the price. It's affordable and reliable.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

I was forced into the Google ecosystem by a previous system administrator, but I do not regret that!

Bhavin from Weichert Realtors

Highly productive office suite

Overall it’s a highly productive office suite that helps you focus on work with negligible learning curve.

Pros

G Suite is the best, productive and Possibly the cheapest cloud office suite out there. The best part of this tool is that it gets out of your way and helps you focus on task and not so much on figuring out how to use various menu options and what not. Everything that you need in the email suite along with office tools and customized domains is all in there for a super cheap price.

Cons

While the g suite is great on productivity there is heavy reliance on 3rd part plugins to add more functionality. My only wish is to have some of those tools readily available from within and not outside parties.

Stacee from SMACK Productions

Best Service!

I am in love with this software and I will not go through anyone else with all the service they give us! Their customer service is really effective, too. Most of the employees with the company know what they're doing and can help you with any and all issues that incur within the apps.

Pros

It's easy to use and you can add, delete and edit any and all users that are within the company with a few simple clicks. Our company uses the G Suite business e-mails as terms of communicating faster. It's very reliable. My company also uses the calendar app which is really useful for meetings and set information since it can be shared with everyone within the company. Google Drive is really good for sending documents and important information because it stores it into the drive for the company. Anyone can access it which saves time and effort with the search bar. Google Docs and Google Sheets are amazing for organizing information for meetings and casting calls. It's a simple way to leave notes where anyone can go in and view and/or edit the documents. These documents are also automatically saved in the Google Drive. Hangouts is nice when you're not in the same town but need to have a company meeting. Everyone can be in the conference call and it's hassle free. They also give you a full month of a free trial with everything before you have to pay, which is nice for businesses starting out.

Cons

I wish that the free version had a little bit more in depth services such as just one company e-mail, instead of having to pay five dollars per user. It would be essential for online businesses.

Jean from JeanMarie McCormack Realty

G Suite is great for Small Business

I’ve used it in two businesses now. Mostly because of economics. Also, portability is a plus.

Pros

I like the price and functionality. Integrates well with Microsoft documents. Able to share and edit documents within the group. Easy to “send” a document out side the group, without having to attach to email and risk a bounce because the file was too big.

Cons

I miss the way Excel does graphing. Overall good, I’ve found most of the workarounds. Some retraining of people accustomed to Open Office or MIcrosoft.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Again, ease of sharing files (and restricting files) with my staff.

Ease of sharing files.

Sheila from Sunny Graphic Design

Industry: Graphic Design

G Suite is a powerhouse

I am able to collaborate easily with clients with shared documents in Google Drive. I am able to have virtual meetings with a team of people in different time zones with Google Hangouts. And I'm able to have both my personal and business emails open in only one window.

Pros

I love G Suite! It contains a host of applications that make doing business seamless and so much more efficient. I recommend it for every client because you are able to manage your email, cloud storage, calendar, shared documents, spreadsheets, their version of PowerPoint (Slides), and so much more from one place. The email is the same format as Google, which sends promotions and social media notifications to a different folder, thus leaving my inbox for the most important emails.

Cons

The customer service is not so straight and easy to get a hold of. It's not impossible, they just make you jump through a few hoops. But the times that I've had to reach out for a problem are so far and few in between that I don't worry about this much. The power at your finger tips with G-suite's various apps shadow this con.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

I was paying Hightail for collaboration functions, sending/receiving large files, and cloud storage. G-suite contains those same functions, plus email, calendar, and Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc. which allow real-time updating of files by multiple people.

Jorge from DO IT Internacional

The best suite of productivity tools

We have managed everything in the Google ecosystem for so long and with so much ease that it took away the worries and problems of mantaining a server and investing in infraestructure for a business with not so many employees, but with productivity software needs too. We can rest assured that Google will work 99,9999% of the time without putting in risk our data and connectivity.

Pros

The fact that it's all cloud based is what makes GSuite the perfect solution for businesses of all sizes. Starting with Gmail (everyone's used to this service) and having really competent alternatives to Microsoft Office products makes this a dream. It's also cheap enough and scalable on the pricing side. They've got all covered for sure.

Cons

It's hard to find a con on an almost perfect service, but sometimes they take a long time to update the iOS apps with their latest features, something that in Android doesn't happen, of course. Also, the Google Drive app for macOS needs some more work to be up to their standards.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Microsoft Exchange is too much for us, we don't really need that depth and it's expensive to implement, mantain, etc. We actually use Dropbox alongside GSuite, because of it's great sync features.

Reasons for Switching to Google Workspace

With a paid hosting account and access to our email through an email client, we wanted the ease of today's internet standarization on meetings through Google Calendar or Gmail for mailing, for example.

Jesse from WETLAND TRAINING INSTITTE, INC.

Powerful tool for collaboration - and for nonprofits it is free!

G Suite has allowed better real-time communication, company branded emails, and provided lots of integrated software tools that are easy to use, share, and adapt for various projects. The ability to share and edit documents among a large group and in real time has greatly reduced administrative time in managing group projects (e.g. minutes can be taken during a meeting with several people entering information and then instantly shared with all).

Pros

I began using G Suite many years ago as the Director of a small foundation. Since we were a 501c3 we got it for free!! Now that I'm in the private sector - I still appreciate knowing that Google supports non-profits in this way. Bonus points! Anyway - back to the product. G Suite allowed me to set up unique email addresses that used our website url ending (rather than gmail) for our staff, board members, or special projects. We were able to create surveys, forms, and other documents and then set the access and privacy as needed for each item. This was a huge game changer for me as an administrator. No more getting 12 various emails and attachments with feedback on a document. All of us can make notes, suggest changes, etc. in real time.

Cons

Occasionally I have run into limitations on my ability to do things that are easily accomplished with Microsoft desktop applications or other software providers - like formatting documents, creating word limits in surveys, etc. I've also been unable to access cloud based items on a couple of occasions due to G Suite errors. These were quickly resolved but still inconvenient in those moments.

Reasons for Choosing Google Workspace

Really, we were just using a lot of other tools and dealing with inefficiencies before finding G Suite. I still use some of the "alternative" products - like MS Office, Photoshop, etc. - but G Suite is still unmatched in its ability to deliver a ton of tools in a single dashboard that can be used, adapted, and shared anywhere (via the cloud) and with anyone (via individualized settings).

Nathaly from Enbaya Prepaid Meters

Industry: Utilities

Brilliant all inclusive Business Solution

Overall my experience with Gsuite has been such an adventure. The structure allows for safety but there is so much within the suite that your imagination is honestly the only limit. Because there are so many pieces that can be integrated, changed and work together, I do believe that Gsuite has brought out a different way of thinking for me that allows me to think about process, procedures and customer satisfaction and streamlining all in one. I have had so much learning and playing and growing with the suite.

Pros

I enjoy that this software has so many integrations and is flexible. I find that I have a good main structure to work with but that I can add, change or manipulate the softwares that are involved within the gsuite. I find that collaborating with my Team is a lot easier with hangouts. Our file storage system has become more streamlined with drive. We can each view eachothers calendars so there isn't any double bookings. My favourite tool within the Gsuite is Google Sheets. There isn't anything that I can't do with sheets. Together with App-Script I have managed to developed some mini functioning software for my teams as a way to keep daily tasks and data together, but also automate it enough to take away the admin aspects of their day. Gsuite has brilliant educational material. If I dont know how to do something or if I'm not sure I can integrate with another tool, searching is as simple as asking a question and BOOM! Answers given!

Cons

I sometimes find that tools are all over the place. There isn't one 'Operating System' of sorts that puts them together. This is where something like Chrome OS comes in handy, however on my windows machine I rely on bookmarks, pinning and browser extensions to have my frequently used tools together. However, myself (and most people) are so used to this that it's an almost invisible challenge. It only becomes a little bit complicated when trying to look for ways to seamlessly use both tools together. This is where the right slide drawer in Gmail comes in handy. I just dont use my mailbox enough to frequently use that right slide drawer. If I could have that right slide drawer installed as an extension to my browser that would be all the more useful!

Displaying 1 - 50 of 10,490 reviews