(7,846)

7,846

(2,833)

2,833

• Pros

• "Super easy to use. Nice to be able to access everything anywhere"

• "So easy to use and each products integrates with the other. Support is awesome!!"

• "I love this, it is by far the most useful and needed tool for work and school "

• Cons

• "This software is great, but it tends to hang sometimes. "

• "It's great but some of the online-only versions of the traditional office software are a little bit basic "

• "Occasionally crashes, but it's usually resolved in the next release."

Browse Microsoft 365 Reviews

Blair from Christian Life Fellowship

A must have for any office

Overall, this is excellent software that's well worth the annual fee that Microsoft charges. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an Office suite of software, whether a small office or larger organization.

Pros

Office 365 is packed with great software at a great annual price. It's simple to use, but also very powerful. I primarily use Word and PowerPoint for my job and I find it quick, easy and effective. The new feature where PowerPoint makes suggestions to improve your slide is really nice and often spurs ideas in me. Outlook is a powerful email, contact and calendar that you can use across multiple platforms and share with co-workers and family. One more than one occasion it has helped me remember important dates and appointments as well as keeping on track regarding my work responsibilities. I don't use excel, but people I know who do speak highly of it and how flexible and powerful it is.

Cons

There is very little about Office 365 I don't like. Outlook could use an aesthetic overhaul in my opinion, but that's a pretty minor gripe for software as powerful as this.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Office 365 is superior in every way and well worth the money.

Karthikeyan from Delta Air lines

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Office 365 allows users to access email and documents anywhere

I can say this is the best tool as per my overall Experience because it has plenty of features to utilize office 365 so better to suit for all users who using emails and document and archives the emails.

Pros

Office 365 is the best tool or email account to allow users to access the emails and documents anywhere. The other tools are limited features but office 365 is unlimited features and upgraded at all the times based on various situations. The storage data is more memory space and less vulnerable and will avoid security threats by comparing other tools. It has seamless collaboration of maintaining productivity. I urge my company to migrate to office 365 and now we are all using office 365 .

Cons

If I see any internet issues then there is no offline email access so it has to fix this scenario. Also, we can see few comptability issues but Microsoft is fixing it now.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

We can say that office 365 has plenty of features to secure the account than G suite and it had low price then G suite so we considered to move to office 365.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

I felt office 365 has better innovation than G suite so we migrated to office 365

John from Katerra

Good Feature Set but Still a Ways to Go

I believe that most companies signing up with Microsoft for email get an attractive deal for Office 365 as an included package. That makes the offering worthwhile. The office tools online are getting better but still have a ways to go. Online access and collaboration is worth the extra cost for Office 365 but just don't expect to have it transform your life completely.

Pros

The cloud availability and collaboration capabilities are definitely the best features of Office 365. It's nice to be able to access email, files and my tools from any device anywhere. That gives me freedom to not have my laptop with me in every situation. I love the ability to share and collaborate on documents with teammates and have a central location for us to all share files and ideas.

Cons

The tools are just not robust enough yet and in the case of SharePoint and Teams, they are downright clunky. We have all been spoiled over the years with the excellent products Microsoft has developed for their Office platform. The many generations of these products have given us business tools that we legitimately could not do without. Power Point is very good, Word is excellent, and Excel cannot be be beaten. However, their cloud counterparts still fall noticeably short of the client offerings. Yes, you can choose to edit your online doc in the client version but you actually must to access some of your favorite functionality. That is irritating and you find yourself just defaulting to the client if you feel like you have even marginally heavy lifting to do. SharePoint and Teams, in my opinion, are great ideas that don't yet have a positive user experience to make them must-have tools.

Stefanos from Freelancer

Microsoft 365 review

Being part of technical teams which have designed, planned, deployed and tested Microsoft 365 solutions for clients around the world, I am confident that Microsoft 365 suite of products, services and tools is the most comprehensive and reliable online collaboration and Office productivity system available.

Pros

I enjoy Microsoft 365 versatility and the multitude of features it offers to its users. It is very easy to deploy online in the Microsoft Cloud and is very intuitive and easy to use by even users with zero computer literacy. Microsoft 365 Apps are stable, constantly updated via Microsoft Update, as part of the pay per user per month model. Also Microsoft offers the capability to end users to install and activate the Microsoft 365 Apps to a maximum of five (5) endpoints.

Cons

In some cases there could be incompatibilities when opening and editing a document or spreadsheet which was created in Libre Office or Open Office. Also there can be incompatibilities when opening an old version of MS Word, Excel or Access files, which were created in previous versions of MS Office.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Microsoft 365 is by far the most productive, flexible and extensible Cloud-based suite of Office productivity tools available. It has the most features and is well-tested and mature.

Ishmael from ShinaultTek

"Complete Office Setup, Good and Profitable for Business"

My overall, across-the-board experience using Microsoft 365 has been profitable and extremely good for my business. ("There is nothing negative I could honestly say.".) Therefore I gave Microsoft 365, five- stars out of five. And I recommend this software to all my friends. "Especially those operating and conducting a productive business." Please leave your comments if you like and thank you for reading my review.

Pros

What I like about Microsoft 365 is how easy it is to install and how quickly I can process word documents, spreadsheets, and power-point presentations. Microsoft 365 is a complete office setup that is cheap and affordable. My lifetime license cost about ten to fifteen American dollars and is good for up to 5 devices. I use Microsoft 365 for my business because it includes many productive applications I like and use daily. For example, it comes with, "Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, Onedrive, Exchange, SharePoint, In-tune, Access, and Publisher." Plus Microsoft 365 comes with a 30 day free trial so you can try before you buy.

Cons

"What I like the least about Microsoft 365 is" To be honest, I have not had any bad experiences using this software in the last two years. If a problem or issue materializes, I contact Microsoft 365 customer service hotline, And they have proven to me to be competent and very professional. They are always ready to assist. Therefore I have no negative comments.

Microsoft 365 is the up to date "Superior" version formally known as office 365

Jay from WCAB

Best Office app for local and online use

Great and productive

Pros

Familiarity as I am a MS user from the start

Cons

I don't like how Excel crashes and loses data when in offline and local mode

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Office 365 seems like to be the new standard - easy to activate in new machines, east to use, and can be save online via OneDrive

Office 365 has been the standard Excel, Word, and Powerpoint app for us

Martin from Tropical Computer Systems Limited

Office 365, A Solution to today's IT Industry

I love Office 365, its been a relieve from the traditional Microsoft Office Applications - Online storage and security made me fall in love with Office 365.

Pros

I like the fact that we dont have to move around with CD/DVDs containing the software. All you need is a paid Microsoft Account that you can use to login and download/install software. It has the entire Microsoft Office Suite of Applications online. I also noticed 5TB of storage space, this made my day. I dont even have to keep using flash drives to store my data anymore since there's enough cloud storage space available. Even when I dont have my laptop with me, I can login online and access my files and applications....Office 365 is really fun to own.

Cons

Being in Africa, to enjoy Office 365, one would need access to Internet; this doesnt come affordable in our continent.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Cloud storage and the ability to share one account on my other devices such as tabs, android phone and Computer.

Irene from Metafrasma Ltd.

Industry: Translation and Localization

Overall good but can be improved

I am happy in general. If the above gets fixes, I will be happier.

Pros

Installation and use are easy and familiar. In addition, everyone uses Word and Excel nowadays. Microsoft Outlook handles multiple email accounts simultaneously.

Cons

Outlook has problems frequently, does not indicate you have email messages in other accounts set-up if you are working on the primary account. Opening Word files with extensively edited content with "track changes" makes Word very slow or crashes.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

This suite is more popular than the others and most documents I receive are in Word.

Jeff from Shiloh Church

Complete Productivity Program

I have Microsoft 365 on all my computers. I used it almost everyday.

Pros

Microsoft 365 is a complete productivity program. You get to install on up to 5 computers (Windows or Apple). You get cloud storage and and all the products you need to be successful in the office.

Cons

This is a subscription service. You do not own the software and much keep paying to use. This isn't a big negative.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

We were all familiar with the products Microsoft 365 offers. It just made sense.

Hans from Glomme

It helps to do my daily work

I have been using O365 for several years and I am completely satisfied with it. Every now and then problems occur, especially when using the preview function of O365, but they are usually solved relatively quickly. Otherwise I can only recommend O365 very much, especially since it ensures that you can work with most companies, since they also use Microsoft Office.

Pros

- Easy to use - It has everything I need - Full compatible with my OS - Fully customizable - Start my work on one computer finish it at another - Enough cloud space

Cons

Right now there is nothing I can report as a Con

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Greater compatibility with Microsoft Office and the available cloud storage at Microsoft office.

Tiffany from Randstad USA

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Microsoft is still top of the line, but Google is rapidly catching up

We switched from 365 to Google Workspace simply due to cost effectiveness and Workspace's potential to significantly speed up our work flow with its app integration and user-friendly design.

Pros

Its Microsoft, so in terms of document generation and management, email , notes and presentation creation it is still the gold standard. The sharing/collaboration feature has gotten much more user friendly. OneDrive can be housed as a local folder on your computer for seamless syncing to the cloud, and their Microsoft Online products are totally free and have almost all the same features as the desktop tools (almost). The mobile apps are really solid, they obviously don't have all the advanced functions, but so responsive and user friendly. With newer versions of Word, you can convert PDFs directly to .docx files and edit them, its so much faster than using a third party tool to convert and edit, and most of the time the format of the PDF is not heavily effected.

Cons

I don't even know if these are cons, so much as areas in which 365 has been surpassed by Workspace (Google). You cannot collaborate with anyone who does not have a Microsoft subscription or account and it is still the most expensive package on the market for document management and cloud solutions. Its apps aren't nearly as seamlessly integrated into one another as you will find in Google. In today's highly remote workforce, video conferencing/meeting is essential and Microsoft's more expensive 365 package does not include a video meeting solution, whereas Workspace does.

Jenny from Farmingdale State University

Great for collaborations!

Overall, my experience with Microsoft 365 has been a positive experience. I rarely had any issues and since I am pretty new to my position as a HR Assistant, I had no issues learning how to use the software. With the icons, it was very easy to maneuver around the software. All the documents that were shared are protected and updated when edited. I highly recommend Microsoft 365 for those considering!

Pros

Microsoft 365 offers a variety of platforms ranging from Outlook, Teams, OneNote, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint and Microsoft Excel. These are just a few of the platforms that I use almost daily for my job. I love how Microsoft 365 allows the consumer to easily identify which platform they would like to use with a tool bar on the left side. It is very similar to choosing an app on your phone with icons that signify the platform that you would like the utilize. In addition, I also love that they have little features such as Calendar and Task/To-Do. My co-workers and I utilize the Calendar feature to make sure that we know who is on holiday and when to schedule meetings. For the Task/To-Do feature, I like that I am able to type what needs to be done and it will show up on the sidebar. It also allows you to check off the list once something is done, which is cool and neat feature! The software also rarely glitches which is a huge plus, especially during the pandemic. Microsoft 365 allows all my co-workers and I to work efficiently and in an organized manner, which is important in any office and virtual setting.

Cons

If there was a critique I would make about the software, it would be on the Task/To-Do feature. There isn't really an option to mark if it is of high importance or put a due date with a reminder to remind you of the task. Often times, when I do put something (luckily not high importance), I forget and did not realize until I utilize it to input another task. It would be nice to be able to get a reminder, similar to the meeting reminders.

Tere'e from PolySystems Inc

Office 365 - You don't have it yet?

Overall, I've enjoyed my experience with Microsoft 365. Given, the current pandemic crisis, Office 365 - Teams has been an integral tool when providing IT support. There are so many unknowns when providing IT support to users from the devices, ISPs, and/or user's tech knowledge, Teams has made IT support that much easier. I like that nearly all apps can be accessed via a web version so that users can pick up where they left off without missing a beat.

Pros

Professional Use: Office 365 is the best Office to-date. Office 365 allows users an all inclusive experience with its intelligent available app integrations. Teams has been an integral tool with nearly all users working from home. Teams allows for communication and collaboration between users and clients. I like that the software is automatically updated and not necessary added in the Windows updates. Personal Use: I've had an Office 365 for over 3 years. I'm able to share the subscription with up-to 4 more individuals. I'm able to access all my files on the go with my mobile phone. I like that I can have critical information at my finger tips. To-date I've not experienced any degraded experience or service outage.

Cons

So far we have not ran into any minor or major issues with using Office 365. I think Microsoft has mastered the it's productivity tools for both the professional and personal user.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

We chose Office 365 over other alternatives because of reliability, pricing, included apps/features, ease of use, and service support. We were also attracted to the seemingly endless capabilities Office 365 tools and apps offered.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Initially we considered Office 365 due to running 2 versions of Office 2010 STD/PRO. Then we experienced service consistency issues with our former VOIP provider, which intern affected collaborations between users and clients. Office 365 offered the same services as the VOIP provider, but with lots more to offer. We made the switch to Office 365 the pricing was comparable to our former VOIP provider. Office 365 offered collaborative tools plus its foundation of productivity tools. The familiarity of Office made it easy for users to adapt and adopt.

Kevin from Self

From Box to Cloud: Make the Transition - It's Worth It

Creating and editing documents in MS Office is core to many, including myself. Microsoft 365 just fills in the gaps to make Microsoft Office that much more powerful with extra features to make work even more efficient and less stressful. Focus on the work, not maintaining your applications.

Pros

The comprehensive feature set is the most compelling aspect of Microsoft 365. The out-of-the-box version is fine, but having all the features that come with Microsoft 365 cannot be beat. Continuous updates rather than the version purchased becoming obsolete is helpful. The power punch is the 1TB document storage PER USER that comes with a subscription (removing the cost of a separate Dropbox subscription). And having access to MS 365 from any device or platform is absolutely wonderful. I live by Microsoft Office, and Microsoft 365 just made it better from a cost and management perspective.

Cons

The only con that I can think of really isn't a con, but a limitation of being human. As with many applications (let alone suites like Microsoft 365), you only use a small amount of the available features and functions. What helps is that you only need to use what applications and features you want or need. Whatever amount you use is still worth the subscription price.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

I reluctantly moved from boxed Microsoft Office to Microsoft 365 because I thought the cost seemed prohibitive (I could make any office license last for a long time). However, because of the continuous upgrades that cost, and the hassle to keep paying to upgrade, this made sense, especially with the OneDrive file storage and the access to Microsoft Office from almost any platform or device. I would not go back to box. Microsoft 365 is worth any extra cost, and you might find that you can eliminate other costs because of the included features that come with Microsoft 365. I am glad I made the transition.

Features and final cost.

Decent option for teamwork across an organization

Overall, their Teams app has been a key tool for our organization to stay in touch virtually and manage projects together. It's a great alternative to Zoom. You can create multiple channels based on topics/projects to collaborate across an organization. The Word and Excel apps are fairly easy to use to edit shared content. We use Planner for project management, and it's much like Trello, which I don't love, but some people do. You can assign tasks, easily move them around, and set deadlines, etc. I really wish they had something like this but in a calendar format so you could see the deadlines on the days, not laterally across a screen. I also wish they had a better file storage/sharing app. OneDrive does house a lot of files, but it's not easy to view them, share them, or integrate with their other apps.

Pros

Office 365 offers a variety of apps that integrate with one another and are fairly easy to use. In particular, Teams is a solid app that can be used for chatting, video/phone calls, and generally staying in frequent communication across an organization.

Cons

There's not a good calendar-planning tool to help you manage projects and deadlines. They haven't been staying on schedule with planned upgrades and new product roll-outs.

More functionality with Office 365

Holton from The Swift Group

Industry: Defense & Space

Easy to use on the go

My overall experience has been very positive. It was easy to deploy and switch over from g-mail. Also with the Teams function it has allowed / enabled great collaboration across the company.

Pros

Our company recently switched from G-mail to Office 365. We found that Office 365 is a lot easier to use in terms of remote login as well as on mobile devices. Also, the file sharing and e-mail search function is better than g-mail.

Cons

The only issue that we had is that with 365 you have to a different license if you want to download the application to your desktop. The advantage of having the Outlook (e-mail for Office 365) application on your desktop is that you are able to work with it when disconnected from wifi. Many of our employees travel for work and are planes or airports where they may not have easy access to wifi....so they need to still be able to respond to e-mails. The fact that we had to pay extra to get the applications downloaded for remote use was a bit frustrating.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

We considered staying with g-mail but once we received a demo from Microsoft on Officer 365 is became obvious to us that we need to make a change.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

While g-mail is good for a smaller company, we found it very difficult to use for searching and archiving e-mails. Also, it was not great with document management.

Diego Luis from Psicoquinesis LLC.

The tool I was waiting for my startup

My experience so far has been very good. I am using it for my startup, and I really feel that it has put me at the competitive level of other companies with more resources, with which now I can also be at the height in terms of work management, content creation, organization and more. which are very important for the development of what I am doing.

Pros

-It has many tools and features. -It is very complete for use in a company. -I can centralize all the information. -I can do with this tool alone everything that I was doing with different tools separately and I can even do more and everything from the same place. -Ideal for teamwork. -I feel like it helps me get my business off the ground and for a fair price. -It integrates with many other new or well-known tools on the market, making it really a very wide possibility to adapt its control panel to any type of undertaking or task.

Cons

-It is not a con, but to some people it may seem like it. It has so many tools and so many integration options, it can be a bit overwhelming. -I feel that the learning curve can be a bit overwhelming also at the beginning, not so much because of learning to use the tools, which are intuitive in themselves, but because of the large number of options, which will have to be discovered little by little, and It involves spending some initial time on it until you know everything there is well.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

I made the change because I was using several Saas applications, to cover certain jobs within my company. Some of these applications or tools were not as efficient, and others had little integration, forcing me to acquire more tools, with which in the end it became very tedious to be jumping from one panel to another, from one application to another, to get things done. . Now I can have everything in one place, and even access it from any device.

Andy from Keepmoat Homes

Microsoft 365 is a real game changer for modern organisations - Big and Small!

Microsoft 365 is a full suite of Products, tools and capabilities that deliver a modern workplace experience to users really well! There is something for everyone in Microsoft 365 - Admin Staff, IT Staff, Security and Compliance Staff, and the benefits we have realised during the global pandemic prove for real why the investment was worthwhile!

Pros

The full stack of Microsoft 365 tools and capabilities are intuitive to use, work incredibly well together, and make daily tasks simple to complete.

Cons

I guess the cost is on the high side, but you get a lot of bang for your buck, and Microsoft are pouring Research and Development into the suite of products and capabilities at a rate of knots, so the investment is worthwhile on balance.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

The Microsoft ecosystem of products are familiar to our users, work well together, and suit our organisation much better.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

To enhance the tools and capabilities that we deliver to our business, and to derive more value from our IT and systems staff - who wouldn't want to manage Exchange, SharePoint and some of the other systems like we did before?! Its a no brainer...

Sheena from Paskos High-Caliber Service

Endless Business Options

As an individual running a business, Microsoft 365 makes me scalable. Not many products and services can do that; and even fewer can do it successfully. And none of them can do it for the price that Microsoft 365 does.

Pros

Microsoft 365 is the meat and potatoes. It is built to perform. As a business owner it is the software i have come to rely on the most. The outlook email host is what i use to access my five different accounts. It helps to keep me organized and is task oriented. There are plenty of options to be creative and dress it up. But i am so pleased that those pretty features are just that. Options. I like how the format of outlook matches microsoft office. Direct. Logical. Simple to customize, which is what makes it so easy to organize, and endless possibilities for rules, responses, forwards, etc. The search and help features do exactly that. I can find anything quickly and I can figure out how to do what i want to do with minimal effort.

Cons

The only downfall for Microsoft 365 is its ability to integrate with apple products. Or Apps. The apps don't seem to function fully as they do on the desktop. but then again, do any apps perform better then the full software or website? i do not think they do.

Marco from Edw International

A connected world at my service, online and offline

It took some time to fully understand how to create the working environment you aim too. I should suggest a three step approach: 1)Prioritize your needs between storage and communication. Define minimal objectives on both (eg: use email and connect through teams) 2) Understand what is available out of the box in both storage and communication. Empower a group of users on both. 3) start adding more features vertically (eg: add groups and channels in teams. Control storage of the group. Give rights to invite others)

Pros

Integration, coherence and great ability to cope with plenty of scenarios. Some applications are best of class, others are the current state of the art. It is a must have. A company, with the right support, can build on top of it its new processes for the 21st century company. It is also more than just an environment: plenty of tools to automate, customize and creation of new custom features, thanks to the super rich environment supplied by Azure and its services.

Cons

Availability of so many features position the tool as complex to manage and even learn. It requires knowledge and time to get to work at best. The offering becomes complex for small organizations. Requires customization that a small company has difficulty in create alone, even if the tool is rich of configuration possibilities. It is crucial to be supported by a knowledgeable Microsoft partner to really get the best from it.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Microsoft is the definitive leader in the cloud office segment. It has formulate a vision and all the offering is coherent with this vision. You can really design the fabric of your business in Microsoft 365 and evolve it mapping most of your requests in its services. The integration with Azure services gives you great ability to innovate and create innovative solutions

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

need to sync different workstations, to add organization and communication with the rest of the team, to organize different environments for different businesses in a coherent fashion. The best in class communication features of Microsott teams and the integrated experience of the whole tools made the difference.

sameer from Deloitte

Office 365- The ultimate software package that manages all day to day work related tasks.

My overall experience with Office 365 products has been really amazing. I can assure that for me these products are the real work companions who help me manage my teams and work in very fast and effective manner . I cannot imagine my laoptop without these products and without these it would be really impossible for me to manage such large data and teams. A big shoutout to Microsoft for all that they do!

Pros

Well, as it is a bunch of softwares including excel, PPT, Word, onenote, outlook, teams, skype etc. I specifically use the above mentioned softwares on a day to day basis and each one has there own set of unique advatages and functionality that the others don't have. But I were to generalize, I would say that the seamlessness, smoothness and the cutting edge technology with which all these applications work is the part is like the most about these softwares. For example, data handling and data comparison with formulaes like Vlookup, Hlookup are the best and most unique features that only Excel provides.

Cons

The only thing that I least like about the Office products is the sudden shutdown of these applications whenever we have opening a bit heavy files on these softwares. Once, they show the sign of "Not Responding" , I just prepare for loosing my 2-3 hours of heard work since in sudden crash, these softwares are at times not able to retain the work done in last few hours (though once in a blue moon they are able to recover but most of the times they don't). On the communication side, one feature of skype for business that I like the least is that once the laptop is started it takes quite a lot of time to connect to the server as compared to other similar products available in the market and thus at times wastes some time of the end user who wants to chat to someone on an urgent basis. Last but not the least, some work could be done for sure to make the GUI of teams a bit user friendly since for me it was quite difficult and i took some time to understand its features and functionalities.

Christopher from Law Office of Christopher A. Pearsall, Esquire

Industry: Law Practice

Microsoft 365 - Great Product on a Business Budget

Aside from the template issues my experience with Microsoft 365 has still been very good. Over the years they have moved a few things and added a few too many functions such that finding your exact function may be a challenge if you are looking for something a little more challenging, but it's nothing that can't be addressed with a little hands-on experience.

Pros

I like the affordability of this product. Microsoft's products are mainstream for most businesses and it is good to be able to get them at a price people can afford and still be able to remain up to date. I use Word and Excel the most and these have maintained substantially similar standard functions over the years without drastic change so users can transition. Expansion of integration between products allowing you to create tables and spreadsheets within Word without going into Excel is benefit, as is the ability to pull in a spreadsheet into Word. It's fundamental functions have remained consistent and this is what I find to be teh greatest positive of this software.

Cons

This software has an issue with templates. What I liked least was the inability to open and revise a template and then save it with the same name to overwrite the old template. The software required me to select a new name, go into the templates folder and then delete the old template. This should be unnecessary. Also, though you may put your templates in specific folders within your templates folder the templates all come up as if they are in the same folder. There is no real way of organizing templates other than chronologically/alphabetically. This is inefficient and annoying to users who want to organize to save time. The standalone Word product or Microsoft Office Product that you could buy, install and own outright on your computer rather than a yearly subscription had the capability of organizing templates into folders. One would think the downloadable version to be no less functional.

Laura from Central Presbyterian Church

Office 365 to the rescue

We had already planned to make the move from our local server-based installation of Microsoft products before the pandemic hit, and we fortuitously made the transition just in time. If we hadn't, we would have been forced to physically be in the office, e-mailing documents back and forth, or constantly downloading and uploading - with all of the version control and organizational risk that entails.

Pros

I don't know what we would have done without Office 365 during the pandemic shutdown. With it, going from physically being in to the office everyday, to working from home (or anywhere for that matter), has been a seamless transformation. With the exception of sending or receiving actual hard copy USPS mail, there is nothing that I can do in the office that I can't also do from home - and in the exact same manner. We struggled to find a software solution that would provide cloud storage and yet still allow for edit-in-place with all the powers of Word (sorry, Google Docs, but you just don't have the same capabilities), collaborative sharing and real-time communications. Office365 has it all.

Cons

There is a lot to learn, and for us, most of it has happened by trial-and-error. Constant updates is a good thing because Microsoft is always improving the product, but sometimes it's hard to keep up with what is new and different.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

The quality of documents created in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher is simply superior to what we were able to produce with competing products. When you add in the seamless integration of communications and collaboration with SharePoint, Outlook and Teams, it's a no-brainer. Can it be done in Google? Yes. Can it be done easier and more efficiently with a better-looking end product in Microsoft Office 365? Yes.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Our server was becoming outdated and we wanted a solution that was cloud-based for mobility, scalable and user-friendly.

Tonico from Astelar Produções Artísticas

Industry: Writing and Editing

All you need in one package.

Microsoft 365 has apps and software that help my business grow the creation of books, documents, and images with the help of the simplicity of the software layout. Everyone with a little effort can professionally use Microsoft 365 as I use on my business. Microsoft 365 has many pages to help you learn about their features on Microsoft's official website, which is a great way to improve your skill on this package of office tools. Also, Microsoft 365 is present in the most powerful companies in the world, and if you need to do business with them is better to be a user of this incredible tool. I highly recommend Microsft 365 for any person around the world because, with this tool package, you will be able to create content and access your files and do business from anywhere on the planet with an internet connection.

Pros

The most significant thing about Microsoft 365 is: the package of services has anything you need to start to create your content online or offline. You can write documents, create presentations, and share the editing with your team. Microsoft 365 is a tool for all types of businesses and offices around the world. Their package of services includes tools for every need of your business. With Microsoft 365, I can write my books, write documents with Word, and create images with PowerPoint. I also can access all my files online in any device with the internet. Microsoft 365 gives me the freedom to work anywhere I go.

Cons

What I like less on the Microsft 365 is the space given for files on the OneDrive cloud. I believe 5 gigabytes on the free version is less space than we need to have to create documents and content without concerns. I suggest Microsoft 365 to expand this space to 20 gigabytes because this is a number more attractive for the business people around the world. This increase will make it easier to attract new users of the Microsft 365.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

I choose Microsft 365 because, with the free version, I can access and test all tools of the package. Microsft 365 is a tool present in many transactions of my business because my clients and my business activities need to receive documents and images with the format that I can create with Microsft 365. With Microsft 365, you will be able to manage your team, manage your emails, create and share editings in documents anywhere. This tool certainly will help you to grow your business.

Luis Alejandro from Zophistech

A very good service but a little pricey

Just great, I has tried several suites (open source and freeware) and the differences are humongous! I prefer this suite over all alternatives out there because is bug free, constantly updated and have all of the feature you may need to get a great and polished work.

Pros

Solid suite for word processing, presentation and calculated sheets, brings all of you may need in one package, storage, file sharing, great integration with most remarkable tools in the market. It is constantly evolving and updates are instantaneously given to is a software as a service (SaaS). It has more advanced and sophisticated apps for office work!

Cons

It is pricey, a different model that actually make you pay a subscription that although is has it value you have a permanent fee with too few options to avoid it.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

As I mentioned earlier, it offer a solid suites of application which are superior for the most to competitors, in terms to work in office you need a tool that besides to be easy-to-use and well known, brings all of the features you need to do your jobs great and in the less amount of time.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

The other options looks like a toy comparing with Office 365. It has all you need for professional works.

Serdar from Goodbaby International

An all-in-one package for almost all your needs.

Working with O365 is generally going very good for me as I dont manage the underlying infrastructure to make it high available for my users. Since it is a managed service, you only do the admin tasks of O365. Despite the lack of general features, I can recommend the organization who are already a customer of Microsoft.

Pros

O365 provides large organizations to migrate their on-premise infrastructure to the cloud technologies. Usually, it is very hard to move users and data to the cloud but with the help of O365 it is very easy and makes the administrators' workload less heavier. OneDrive For Business, Exchange Online, Sharepoint Online makes our users to be more portable all around the world.

Cons

Microsoft is very lazy to implement features to their products. That is why sometimes you need to wait years until a simple feature can be deployed by Microsoft. Most of the wanted features will be always missing in O365 but again there is no rival when it comes to the office apps.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Since all the infrastructure was Microsoft, it was a seamless deployment for the users when we consider there are thousands of them. Also, Azure AD makes it more easy to handle all synced users.

Jon from Beck Business Solutions LLC

Office 365 is the cloud version of Office

While you could get by using open source only solutions such as Libre Office or something similar, I've found that the money saved paying for Office is easily offset by the amount of time I have to allocate teaching each user how to use the less intuitive and somewhat buggy "free" software. There are other solutions out there but there is a good reason that Office has been the gold standard for the last 20 plus years. It's well worth the cost.

Pros

- Office is extremely easy to use for a new user but is powerful enough that power users (and developers) can perform amazingly complex processes using just this "simple" tool. - The cloud based solution allows teams to securely share documents (worksheets) and have multiple users updating the document with the changes each user makes reflected to the other users in real time. - You can perform simple actions like mail merge to take a contact list and create cards or labels; however, the tools are rich enough that a developer can use Macros and Regular Expressions to completely transform documents. - It's easy to apply a built-in style (or create your own style for your business) so that all business correspondence is consistently formatted and looks professional. - Outlook is the premier tool for email. I could write an entire review simply on Outlooks Junk mail handling and customized rules. If you use email, you need Outlook. - When you have subscribed to Office 365, Office mobile is available to you as well.

Cons

- The only caveat I have for Office 365 is the monthly (or yearly) billing cycle. If I pay for 12 months of outlook, that's exactly what I get. On month 13, I'm left with no office suite unless I start paying for another month/year. - I prefer to purchase Office 2019 (one time payment that means that I own the software although I am only entitled to updates for 1 year). It still has the ability to work with Office 365 users but isn't quite a well-suited to the cloud as it's physically installed on your laptop.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Lotus Notes feels like an abandoned product and I just don't feel like I can trust Google not to use my company's data for their own purposes and share it (however "obscured") with advertisers. I explained about LibreOffice above.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

LibreOffice is interesting and is a great option for Linux OS (or spinoffs like Mint, Ubuntu) where users are expected to take the time to learn how to use software that isn't always "user friendly" but for my office, I want something that is user friendly and consistently works (virtually bug free). I'm willing to trade off spending more of my budget on the software to save the more expensive time of my IT resources.

angel from Private Tutor

Dependable Software Easy to Use

I used Office 365 at my middle school and this software connected over 600 students and staff. Using Office 365 has allowed me to connect with my classmates with almost no glitches and misunderstandings. If you are looking for software that will connect your friends, coworkers, students, or teachers, I would recommend Office 365.

Pros

Office 365 is very easy to use and navigating should not be a problem. A feature I like is being able to customize the theme of your drive as that is something you can't do on other drives. Once you purchase Office 365, you have access to a variety of Apps that are both very useful. The applications are very reliable and most of the time I don't have to worry about my work being lost. My favorite feature would be the Calendar which I find to be very impressive because you can set events or tasks and a reminder to yourself by a scheduled email. Word and Excel are very easily used as everything is labeled very clear. In my experience, there is generally no confusion.

Cons

I don't see any features that are missing that would make Office 365 better and easier to use. However, I have experienced some glitches and minor issues with loading and the internet. For instance, during the same period of time when I am on Youtube and Office 365, sometimes (20% of the time) Office 365 works much slower than Youtube even though my internet is very stable. If this minor issue continues to be the case, it may have influence on how much I use Office 365 because even though its just 20% of the time, I am getting annoyed about my work being deleted after the glitch. Customer support needs to be improved. When I write a long detailed email to Office 365, all I get back is an automated email, with no steps that solve my problem.

Andrei from JeFawk Games

Industry: Computer Games

Great software suite with a clean modern look, a bit limited in the purchasing aspect

Using Office 365 is really smooth and I enjoy the minimalistic look which allows you to focus on the content not on all the tiny icons in the menus. I've been a fan of OpenOffice previously and currently I'm also using Google Docs but nothing beats Microsoft when it comes to a full suite of applications for office work.

Pros

Office 365 has a great modern look that spans across all their software and apps. The usual subscriptions offer the whole suite of programs to get most of your work done within it: Word for writing, Excell for calculations, spreadsheets, and charts, Power Point for presentations, Outlook for email, OneNote for fast notes, Access for databases, etc. The installation is done very easy and the software almost no configuring apart from the user logging in.

Cons

While some of the programs available in the suite are great for the majority of uses, some are not, such as Sharepoint which is for your company's intranet, Access for databases which is way slower than even the free alternatives. This is a paid software so obviously any free alternatives could work but not as smoothly. A problem I've ran into using Word was that the document needed a lot of modifications in order to be uploaded as an ebook and published on Amazon. Unfortunately I would really like to buy only a few of the programs I need. They have a way for businesses and individuals to purchase some but it's only for Word, Excell, and PowerPoint whereas I require Outlook as well, too bad.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Google Docs was way too limited for my client's requirements, and OpenOffice too unstable.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Apache OpenOffice froze often, looked like some program I'd use in Windows 95 and overall was pretty bad.

John from IDKPress

Industry: Publishing

Microsoft Office 365 - a Great and Affordable Suite of Programs

We have had a wonderful and enabling experience with With Microsoft Office 365, which is a key part of our success.

Pros

For a modest monthly payment of $9.99 or an annual payment of $99.00, Microsoft Office 365 gives you a number of useful programs. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook. MicrosoftAccess (PC only) and MicrosoftPublisher (PC only). In addition you get two great services: OneDrive and Skype. In addition, Microsoft Office 365 runs on: Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS! Our main use of Microsoft Office 365 consists of Word and Excel. We use Word to write and format the books we publish and Excel is what we use for our financial planning and job progress. In addition, Word gives us the powerful feature in that we can offer it free of charge to our clients in an offline environment. This way we can show our clients in real-time the progress we are making on their book, enabling them to participate in the project. We are now strongly considering using Outlook to manage and organize our emails. This is the flexibility that Microsoft Office 365 provides. Should we need another application, Microsoft Office 365 has it ready for us. As for Microsoft Office 365 services, we have been using money-saving Skype for years. Just about any application or service you will ever need is waiting for you in Microsoft Office 365!

Cons

For us we see no Microsoft Office 365 applications or services that does not have the features we require. Yes, there is a bit of a learning curve involved with the applications we use, Word and Excel. However, all the necessary information on how to use its applications is an integral part of Microsoft Office 365.

Ankit from Univibe Network Private Limited

Intuitive and Simple to use

Overall, the experience has been satisfactory and would recommend everyone to go for this instead of anything else as it serves all the purpose for an individual or business.

Pros

The product from Microsoft is very easy to set up as it hardly takes 15 minutes to complete the whole process. Secondly, I have been using Office 365 for quite sometime and have been just used to it. The products under Office 365 are very intuitive and value packed. Overall, the product experience is really fantastic.

Cons

Initially, the pricing of the Office 365 suite was a little high for businesses but now they have reduced and packed more value providing features into the suite.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Google Sheets are online and everytime I have to make an update I have to go online to make the changes. The benefit with Office 365 is that it gets installed on the system and then you can use it as and when you want. Also, almost everyone uses Office 365 or any other related product from Office suite of applications, so there is no issue in compatibility as well.

Christopher from Weaver Technologies, LLC

Industry: Information Services

The leading standard for office software

My company solves many problems with collaboration by creating a new 'Team' in Teams for each of our clients. It allows us to save data and share information securely among staff members without compromising sensitive data. Also, having the same suite of software on all of our computers and mobile devices allows us to collaborate reliably and effectively on multiple projects at the same time. We have no hesitation in recommending this suite to all of our customers.

Pros

Office has reached the point that improvements are small but vital changes to the interface and function of the various programs. Word and Excel are easily navigated and will open any past file format without issue. The layout of the interface has solidified and does not need a great deal of time to understand. The methods for saving documents, installing the software, accessing the online versions of the programs and the integration with OneDrive/Sharepoint is possibly the best combination available on the market today. Sharepoint with the addition of Teams is the leader for team collaboration and is a secure and robust tool for both file sharing and storage as well as video/audio chatting and project collaboration. Outlook is your best choice for email with integrations and reminders built into the Calendar, reliable function and a simple yet useful interface including the vital Focused Inbox. All in all, I can't imagine using another set of tools for my daily needs on the job.

Cons

There are times when Outlook is less than responsive on slower internet connections and can have issues with dealing with multiple email accounts. There is also some confusion when setting up new email accounts due to the many options available. When using password protection on an Excel or Word document, there is no password recovery method if you forget the password. Just be careful!

The best suite ever, wherever and for whatever

MS Office 365 is the software I use the most from more than a decade. I have assisted to the evolution of this suite. The great step was given with the 365 version, the others only made some interface and adding not so valuable functionalities. Stepping into the cloud age, the sync works as needed nowadays with a great app for mobile devices where you can acess on your fingertip to all of your work.

Pros

The interaction between all of the apps that are included in MS Office is seamless. Onedrive cloud service offers a great contribute for accessing all the documents wherever you are and whatever is the time. The operation is very simple to extract the most out of its potential. It is a great swiss army knife for your everyday working needs.

Cons

There are a some minor issues with the translation of the formulas between computers in different languages as well as some problems in changing the spell check in documents that were built in another language. Beside it it works flawlessly.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

People are used to work in Ms Office environment for ages. Google offers a nice alternative but it lacks the intuitive support for advanced features when in use. The menus don't look to have such a nice user interface even.

Timmy from Computer Software

Dependable, easy, but lacking.

Difficult to set up as merging the user accounts with old inbox programs takes time and patience, but does a good enough job that most users don't miss the former clients.

Pros

This software competes with the best email, workflow, and productivity clients, but links all of the above under a single uder account that can be useful or exhausting based on the individual.

Cons

The email interface is aesthetically customizable, but limits the actual amount of scripting and scultping that can be done on incoming messages and auto replies.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Capabilities for average users were increased compared to G suite.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Thunderbird had unstable updates and could not offer enterprise-scale support.

Office 365 for Education

Office 365 has been a fantastic platform on which to administer Secondary School Education and Whole School Administration. There have been issues, but these have generally been resolved over the time that we have used it. Even the most resistant Teachers have eventually been able to get involved and see benefit; those willing to experiment and 'get on board' have enabled many learning experiences that may have been difficult without O365.

Pros

Based in China, there was little other option for our school - or not one that would cover all the bases such as Office 365. G Suite for Education is obviously not an option; I'm not sure if any of the Learning Environments offer the breadth of Apps / Software that O365 does. I love the fact that I can synchronise ALL of the Office Apps between my laptop and the cloud. I can also use the full Desktop Apps OR the Browser-based Apps depending on the depth of need (and whether I have access to my own machine). Our use of O365 has been absolutely essential through the current Covid-19 Pandemic with Teachers and Students around the globe able to continue learning through the capabilities of the O365 suite of applications.

Cons

There is a greater learning curve for Teachers than with the Google G Suite (and Teachers are the worst Students: some need to be continually reminded that in learning a new Tool we are not doing anything that we are not asking our Students to do on a daily basis...). There have been hiccups along the way, and continue to be so, but this Suite is still 'relatively' new and MS are doing a reasonable job of making improvements to what is a vast and complicated suite of applications. One other annoyance is when changes are made with seemingly little consideration for users, but we have managed most/all of these over time. Support is attentive, but it seems to take many 'visits' to get requests completed; for anything 'complicated' it seems to take a while to get escalated to someone who can actually answer your question...

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Google was not available in our Region (China) and the workarounds were unsustainable / illegal!

AGNES from CARE International

Best Way to Manage Microsoft Office Licenses

We no longer experience email related response delays i.e. our staff can now access their email on the phones, we have outlook OWA (over the web Access) and also some have installed outlook on their phones and thus not just on the laptops. This has greatly improved the communication within the office. With Office365 we are now slowly embracing the BYOD (bring your own device) for senior managers who would want to use specific models and kinds of laptops , as the Technical team we only ensure that the devices meet our security standards and not a threat to our network.

Pros

The best feature i liked about Office365 is the ability for the administrator to manage the corporate licenses from one point. Having most of the staff working in remote areas with harsh weather conditions, we experienced alot of system/hard disk crashes which resulted in time wastage as the computer had to be sent to the head office to reload the operating system and install back the applications afresh and assigning licenses but with Office365 licensing is on the go. It is not machine specific and a crash in a hard disk does not slow the organization, will just advice the user/staff to get another temporary machine and use their office365 account to access all the Microsoft office applications i.e. Word, outlook, excel and powerpoint. With Office365 staff can easily collaborate and work on a document. This is so helpful when working on project proposals as different departments need to give in their input before a proposal could be send for donor support. This feature is not possible with the old office licensing as documents were standalone/machine dependent and one could only work on it one person at a time.

Cons

The only major challenge I have experienced with Office365 is it is internet dependent. Meaning one needs to have internet services to be able to enjoy the application. In some remote areas of Africa where our offices are, having reliable internet connectivity is a challenge and thus some remote offices are unable to enjoy the full benefits of Office365.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

This was an upgrade and also looking into cost of running and maintaining volume licensing with the growth of organization

Brian from City of Pueblo

Great product, okay price

Good, stable, getting better. Due to recent global events (COVID-19), much of our workforce suddenly became work-from-home. Office 365 made this transition better than an on-premise solution.

Pros

In general, this product has worked quite well for our organization. Microsoft consistently adds features, but with us being in the government cloud, it can take time for these features to reach us (Planner took 30 months to reach us). On the other hand, these features are being added with greater regularity than the competition. For office software, Office 365 is the gold standard.

Cons

It's expensive. There is no flexibility on licensing. If you have 1000 licenses, you can license no more than 1000 people. 1001 is right out. Since it takes time to buy licensing (between our purchasing process and our licensing agent), we need to constantly run 2-5% extra licensing. This is in effect, a 2-5% increase to the cost of the software/service. I don't know if Microsoft factored this into their pricing scheme, but we did not when balancing the cost of this product vs. alternatives.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Google fails to provide an actual vanity URL for our people to use. (They say they do, but the files don't actually come from that URL.) This makes it far more difficult to protect our users from malicious files coming from other organizations. Also, every G Suite organization we spoke with told us we'd need to hire a full time scripter to get the suite working well for our users. This extra cost was almost the cost difference between G Suite and O365. This decision felt like a no-brainer.

feature set

Jessica from Seneca Family of Agencies

Industry: Mental Health Care

Office 365

I really enjoy my overall experience with Office 365 as it has met all of my work needs over the passed three years of working for my company, even with the various hats that I have worn. No matter the task, Outlook 365 has provided what I need to get the job done and it will do the same for you!

Pros

I enjoy how I can easily access shared files through Office 365 including excel, word documents, and more. My coworkers and I can simultaneously edit documents while working in separate spaces which makes our day to day tasks simple and easy. I am able to share important documents to certain groups of people or certain programs that I work with or upload to shared folders. There are so many helpful apps within Office 365 such as calendars, share point, one note, Outlook, PowerPoint, and more that I use on a daily basis to complete daily tasks at work. I mostly utilize Outlook, and enjoy that I can pin important emails to the top of my list, color code if needed, and so much more. This app is really organized and useful for any role or job position. This program is used by Mental Health Counselors, Therapists, Program Directors, and even by leaders of the organization in order to maintain proficiency and continue to provide effective quality service to our clients.

Cons

I am always learning something new about this program. Therefore, while it is very helpful, there are a lot of technical pieces to learn. For example, after three years of using the program I learned that if you use the program via internet you get less features than if you use the program via using the outlook 365 app. You have more access to certain folders, calendars, etc. Nonetheless, once you get the hang of the program you won’t want to use anything else.

Mir Fida from CipherCoders

Suitable package application software for small to large scale business

Overall we are very much satisfied with the Office 365 subscription service. It's our daily to use tool for every project. Performance is always up to the expectation. Never encountered any serious bug or error halting an important bug. Still, some minor issues are faced rarely but nothing that cannot be handled. When utilizing each and every feature and app included in Office 365, then it will definitely prove a great asset to your organization which will boost sales and eventually profits in the long run.

Pros

Office 365 is the most beneficial package for our small business IT company. Including top-rated desktop applications Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Access, OneNote, One drive ..etc all are tools increasing daily projects productivity and efficiency. One of the fantastic features is that it's also available with a web cloud app and mobile app, making team collaboration available anywhere. Some Educational organizations can get free of cost features for staff and students to boost learning using technology.

Cons

Minor bugs occur rarely. Pricing is but high for initial and beginning level business and office. But in the long run, it's is useful if all of the apps and features are utilized to full capacity. The PowerPoint interface can be made easier and more user-friendly. Word has some difficulty handling a hundred pages large project docs and often messed up formating. One Drive synchronization and naming could be better. For Startups, I think the libre office provides a budget-level choice.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

As it was best compatible with our Windows system and cross-platform support for many other devices. Our clients also mostly had Office so we could give accurate services. Various productive features, shortcuts, macros and quick settings helped us in working on projects, collaborate with teams and complete assignments on time. Learning is easy from previous to the latest versions user interface. Security features are also considered for selecting this package. Support is better for any problem. For using advanced features we just read online official documentation, course, faqs, and tutorial to implement the latest functionalities. These compelled us to use it.

Angela from Otter Things

A More Mobile Friendly Version of Office but at a Price

After using Office 365 for a while, I have become scarily dependent on it. I can access all of my calendars and office files from any of my devices, not to mention share OneNote folders with family members. This was especially handy when caring for an ill family member, and I was able to give doctors medical information on the fly.

Pros

Office 365 is very similar to the desktop version of Office that I used for so many years. What I like most about it is accessing my information from multiple devices. There is no need to invest in a separate program to sync my contacts and calendar between my desktop and my mobile devices. My subscription to Office 365 Home included 6 TB total OneDrive storage (1 TB per person) where I can extend storage and always have my important files at hand no matter where I am. I also enjoy the dark option in my programs. Since I work with illustration, I have most of my backgrounds set to black so as not to influence me when working with my illustration coloring.

Cons

There is an annual subscription with this software as opposed to the standard desktop software, but that seems to be the way most programs are going these days. The cost is average, but it wouldn't hurt if they offered a discount every once in a while (hint, hint). The only other issue I have with the program is that there is a lag in the retrieving files from the OneDrive account. I am using a top of the line computer, and that shouldn't happen.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

I considered purchasing the next desktop version, but I needed a better mobile option with my devices. Synchronization with additional programs was expensive and tedious. I was given a trial period with Office 365 and never looked back.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

I needed to upgrade from my outdated desktop version that Windows wouldn't support any longer.

Sally from Tumbleweed Books, LLC

Industry: Writing and Editing

Office 365 is simply the office standard!

I use Office 365 create publications. I use Word to research, write (using both microphone and read-back, as well as key stroking), edit and review published works. I've written two published books and numerous technical and popular articles. I create illustrations, images, charts and graphs, using PowerPoint and Excel. I organize data and sources using Excel. I create budgets, timelines, etc. using Excel. To date, my favorite aspect is the ability for Word to read back my writing as well as other text. This makes for a nice change from reading on screen.

Pros

I use Office 365 daily. I've used it to research, edit and publish two technical books and numerous articles on technical and popular topics. I appreciate the interoperability of the Office software features, particularly the ease with which I can change my work interface from writing to illustration to layout to spreadsheets and back again! I use the Cloud and find it extremely helpful. I find the Notes feature less useful that OneNotes is less useful than Notes (probably because I haven't really explored it much). Notes is nice because it is a simple way to strip hidden codes from copied text and prepare it for a new format. PowerPoint it great and lets me move multiple images into a single album easily, as well as to develop images, alter artwork, and integrate images and original artwork into publishable illustrations. I find the Excel spreadsheet an effective tool for illustrating via charts and graphs. I have been using the speech function of Word to review writing and also for recreational reading! Nice. It even lets me alter the voice.

Cons

OneNote is less useful than Note. I find SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Yammer, and Outlook software programs that I don't need. I particularly dislike Outlook and prefer to work via free email services, instead. I would appreciate the option to strip away features that I don't like or use.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

I changed from WordPerfect when I gave up on Apple products (when I could no longer get my biz tax for Mac products). I switched to Dell and to Office products and never looked back.

Christine from Flanders School

Outstanding for Productivity, Communication, and Curation of Documents

One of the reasons we moved to Office 365 is to eliminate the need for onsite servers to house our users' docs-- no more fear of server crashes and loss of files. Also since we are connected to the cloud (OneDrive), files are autosaved and it is easier for users to find their files (did I save it to the computer? to the server? Where??). Our organization has realized better more instant communication, everyone is on track with meetings and events because of the robust features off Outlook Calendar, and we are able to collaborate in real time remotely.

Pros

Within Office 365, apps cover everything you need including file storage, a virtual notebook, forms/surveys, a team work hub (that includes video conferencing built in!), presentation tools, email and calendars, and of course content creation with Word, Powerpoint, and Excel. My favorite of all is the Teams app, which allows for an internal work hub that emulates a social media network with private chats and group channels-- very user friendly. A work team can share files, curate links, embed 3rd party apps and collaborate in real time all in one place. My work place is moving away from the cluttered email box and now communicating almost exclusively in teams! There is even a platform embedded for creating an Intranet Website. And if you are very ambitious, there is an app for creating your own workflows, project planners, and dynamic apps.

Cons

There is so much to the Office 365 that it is difficult to roll out to a large organization. Companies should plan well and transition to Office 365 in measured phases. It required a culture shift and a lot of training to move our people over to this software.

Kevin from Allspice Catering

Upgrading from an older version of Microsoft Office made simple

My overall experience with this is similar to Office 2010 Professional in that it works very well, it is intuitive and easy to learn. We mainly use Word, Excel, Outlook and Access and find that they all integrate seamlessly. Adding multiple email servers to Outlook is as straightforward as it gets with many IMAP and POP server configurations working without issue on PC and Mobile devices. Finally being able to make archival backups for our saved local email files easily made this the oblivious choice.

Pros

Upgrading from Office 2010 Professional Plus to Office 365 Business was a very simple process for us, our older files written in the 2010 format were imported to Office 365 with no lost data or compatibility issues at all. The software layout is very similar so there was little to no downtime learning a whole new program which seems to be common with Microsoft software, any buttons that were removed or changed were ones we didn't use anyway. With the added security of OneDrive cloud backup and steady updates we never have to worry about a out of date program slowing or stopping productivity. If you are on an older version now is a great time to upgrade to 365.

Cons

We have had no issues with Office 365. however, if your business has a slower than average internet connection it could very well become an issue in that this is a cloud based software suite. before you commit to using it it would be a good idea to run a speed check on your internet and make sure you have an adequate connection at all times. Finally this is a newer piece of software so making sure your PC is up to date is important as well.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

While G Suite is an great software suite we wanted to use what we were comfortable with. Learning a new program means downtime and in a high pace business like ours means lost revenue.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

We needed an office suite that would evolve with the newest operating systems and service packs that are being rolled out by Microsoft, with older software compatibility becoming an issue today it is imperative that we stay current with usable features as well as important security updates with our Outlook software. Office 2010 Professional Plus did not have several key features in which we have come to use daily such as being able to Co-Author documents, OneDrive Backup and protection as well as Dictation among other great features. Finally Microsoft has officially stopped supporting the software which made my decision to switch to 365 much easier.

Billy from Pupfish Design

A Bridge That Should Be Burned

Were it not for the desktop app (particularly Outlook) compatibility, this would be a stellar product. As offered it is a stellar product with a trap door that casts users and IT staff into anti-productivity blackness.

Pros

This is a viable contender to Google's G-Suite. It offers a smoother transition from the old Microsoft desktop world of programs.

Cons

In offering a transition from the old world, Microsoft adds a compatibility layer that accommodates desktop apps while at the same time providing cloud/SAAS versions of the tools. Herein lies the hazard. The cloud/SAAS shift offers great opportunity to simplify the Byzantine features and controls that grew like tumors on desktop applications. They are the very things that users obsess over and spend a lot of their time adjusting, managing, customizing... wasting time on. Those "features" drown employees, who in turn are rescued by IT staff. It is a cost multiplier. I spent entirely too much time recreating the desktop environments, Outlook being the worst, because employees wanted to click on a familiar icon and experience exactly what they experienced prior to their move to Office 365. With that completed, everyone is happy and they have no interest in exploring the cloud, not even to share files. They still use thumb drives. I'm sure other work environs are different, but I'm just as sure that what I just experienced is not unique. I see this as Microsoft's missed opportunity to do the job right. Instead, they chose to milk the legacy cow at the cost of impeded future progress.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Employee familiarity with Microsoft. In retrospect, I regret it.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Moved client from all in one domain/web hosting/email/marketing/SEO service to in-house managed components.

Zied from Groupe Claire

Simply the best office suite

As a team manager and project manager, I do my everyday tasks with Office 365. Teams is the best teamwork software in the market. It is complete and you can do a lot of things in the same software (Chat, work on files, have meetings, organize meetings, integrate other softwares such as Trello for example). Word, PowerPoint and Excel, used by everyone in every company, are the most advanced and complete softwares in the market.

Pros

Office 365 is complete. All the softwares supplied by Office 365 helps everyday doing the hundred of tasks. Word, PowerPoint and Excel are the best softwares in the market today, against Google GSuite. Excel is a very powerful tool for tables, dynamic tables and calculation. Microsoft Teams is the daily software you will use to organize your team work : Shared files, grouped discussion, meeting and conferences, ... Office is made for very small, small, big and very big companies. It is easy to works with customers, suppliers if you have Office because most of the companies uses Office.

Cons

Sometimes two softwares can do the same task. It can be difficult to understand which software to use. For example, to work and shared files, you can do it with OneDrive and Teams. An explanation of the softwares and what they do could be interesting for users.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Office is the most complete and advanced softwares. Word, Excel and PowerPoint are much more better than GSuite and Libre Office. Microsoft Teams is better than Slack. It integrates well with Windows 10. You have only one Password for your laptop and all your office apps. It is easy to work with other companies (Suppliers, Customers) when they have Office. All the other softwares are compatible with Office.

Richard from Southwest Gas

Industry: Utilities

Office 365 is Amazing

The best thing about O365 is having access to all your files anywhere on any device. I can't accentuate how convenient this is, especially if you travel. If I'm in a meeting, being driven to the airport or office, or in the gym and I get a call or text that someone needs documentation right away, I can simply email or text it from my phone. Before that I'd go to the gym with my laptop just in case I got a call and needed to take care of something. And then I'm relying on my gym's WiFi to connect so I can take care of it. I don't have to worry about any of this with O365. As long as I have data, I can do whatever I want.

Pros

I like how all of my Microsoft products are connected. They work together to provide me a more convenient user experience. I love how I can access all of my files on any device whenever I need it. Exchange Online is also amazing. It's a much better experience - more features, such as enhanced filtering and search capabilities. I also love easy access to OneNote, Planner, Project, Teams, etc., and how they all integrate with each other. This is just a perfect offering. It is amazing.

Cons

Getting the configurations correct has been challenging. For OneDrive for example, we have a setting that allows managers access to all of their employees' files. This was a problem, and a little difficult to figure out how to turn that feature off. However, the support we have with O365 is fantastic. They walked us through it and it turned out to not be as difficult as we thought. It's nice to have someone walk you through the more challenging parts.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

I don't think there is an alternative to Office 365. Is there? I'd be surprised. It is really amazing.

Carissa from University of Miami

Easy to use and good options for students, staff, faculty

I would recommend Office 365 to all companies, regardless of the cost. The functionality of all of the different apps and the ability to switch from mobile to desktop without any hiccups is what makes this software special and a winner! Microsoft Word is the benchmark software for all industries, and is an imperative necessity for anyone in higher education (students/faculty/staff). OneNote is another amazing tool that enhances collaboration and increases learning curves through training because you are able to keep very updated documentation and send out to a group in a super efficient and simple way.

Pros

Very easy to use and offers great tools for students, faculty, and staff to collaborate. Features like OneNote and your basic office software (word/powerpoint/excel) are great to have in a web version for easy and quick access without worrying about accessibility and compatibility issues. My office utilizes OneNote to collaborate and train our employees on our team daily, while also utilizing it for note taking and other options with outside vendors as well. OneNote is an amazing tool that is incorporated with Office 365 and it has helped our students remain organized and work in groups/collaborate in courses in an efficient manner as well. Word/Powerpoint/Excel have been around for some time, but the functionality and ease of using them in a web version has allowed our students, faculty, and staff to be more mobile and not stuck to a desk all of the time. The Office 365 software is great in a web/mobile version!

Cons

Sometimes there are some issues with syncing web updates (like onenote updates) to a desktop, but they usually resolve themselves pretty quickly. Depending on what administrator settings your company has, you may have a little trouble getting the sync figured out, but once it is set up, the ability to work wherever, whenever, is amazing! I would recommend Office 365 to all companies, regardless of the cost.

Michael from National Christian Foundation

Probably The Best Software For Enterprise Email

It has been a great product and let all of us in IT sleep a little easier at night. The uptime and bulk management work has been offloaded to Microsoft, and this makes it easier to deal with.

Pros

I love that it's easy to use and takes the burden of managing an Exchange server or other mail server off our plate. It's easy to manage, assign licenses, and in some ways easier to navigate administrative tasks. In addition, you get a bunch of extra features that you wouldn't have if you ran Exchange on-prem.

Cons

The two things I least like about the software is support and documentation. Support is either really good or really bad. For big items (e.g. email is down), they shine or keep in constant communication about the issue. For little issues that only affect you or "nuanced" support issues you might have, the support is less than great. What makes things more difficult is the documentation and UI are constantly changing. You might find a KB or article that's only a few months old to find out that the "fix" in the article no longer works.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

We are already a Microsoft shop using Active Directory and MS Office.

Joyce from Your6, Inc

I prefer office 365 to Google Suite

I prefer 365 over Google Suites and am frustrated by younger team members push for Google. I find 365 support far superior and technical support staff always helpful. I use all 365 products regularly in my work day and find it more reliable.

Pros

- ability to work from anywhere as long as I have internet -cloud based so I have access to all my files even when on a different computer - Access my email, files and all Microsoft programs from any location and device -great customer support -can work on device vs cloud and then save on device or cloud -share documents- collaborate - security - no licensing issues- everyone in office has same service and upgrades at the same time

Cons

-since everything is cloud based if issues with internet equal issues access files -updates can take a lot of time -you have to purchase a subscription - changing features -- sometimes get "hung up" and doesn't do anything and will self shut down

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

I prefer it over the alternative. We are going to switch entire company back over to 365 from G Suite in the next 3-6 months.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Younger group of staff members prefer G Suite so we have both.

Power Pack of Enterprise Security Features and Seamless Integration with Office Tools

Security is the major benefit of any Microsoft Product, Starting from setting the basic permission for email to configure the productivity suite products like Word or Microsoft based on the user permission is easy to handle in Office 365 compare to other products. Also, the Microsoft Teams allows integration with other popular enterprise product suites or apps JIRA and enables the smooth integration

Pros

Office 365 is the collection of all the well known Microsoft Collaboration and Productivity suite of tools that makes the business simpler and powerful without compromising the security. Starting from outlook email access to office tools like Word/Powerpoint it is easy to configure based on the user settings and allows to host the enterprise application through comp portal. Specifically, the support for mobility is amazing. It allows me to configure the office email setup without any additional work based on the rules set by the administrator.

Cons

One of the major drawback is, it will not allow work properly if you have more than one office 365 accounts. In my case, My client and my organization both are started to use the Office 365 as the primary hosting platform. And most of the cases, it will request me to delete any of the other accounts and I need to re-configure to check the other email. Switching between the accounts is not easy.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 11,280 reviews