• Pros

• "Zoho Cliq is an easy-to-use communication and collaboration tool. It has a free version, which has worked just fine so far! The chat tool also has an app - both of which have nice interfaces. "

• "I really like being able to get my question to a client or a co worker quickly is extremely important in my job. "

• "What I like most about Zoho Cliq is how effortless staying connected is with all of the features that the software offers. "

• Cons

• "I consider that the negative of the tool is that sometimes it is slow to load the files that need to be sent immediately. But the rest is perfectly functional and wonderful"

• "The quality of connections is not as good as other software in relation to video calls, but still alright. Nothing I would stop using it for."

• "Sometimes, it can be confusing between groups and channels. Otherwise, no major problem. "

Browse Zoho Cliq Reviews

Scott from Right Now Mobility

Zoho Cliq is a great instant messenger

I get the benefit of chatting with my coworkers without leaving my applications I use on a daily basis.

Pros

works great on a desktop or laptop, it is built right into the Zoho CRM, so when I have a question for my co-workers I know they see it right away when I send them a message through Cliq

Cons

phone app either I haven't tried it or it sucks really bad. I'm not sure which it is. I hope they make it a little easier soon

Happy we made the switched from Slack to Cliq

Having one integrated solution across our company with all the Zoho products has been helpful. So far so good. There are a few things we miss from Slack but nothing that's a deal-breaker. The ability to integrate Bots and other Zoho services into Cliq is valuable like the Zoho Notebook and Taz, very helpful. Also, the deskbot integration so I can see all the Desk summaries from the entire team.

Pros

Since we integrated several Zoho products into our daily use it has helped streamline communications and integrate solutions into our e-Commerce website. Cliq allows us to search history without limits on messages and the "fork split" feature allows you to fork off a conversation into its own so it's easier to keep track.

Cons

The reply to post feature is nice but it's not as good as creating threads like Slack does to track one conversation so you have to get used to forking the conversations to keep them together. It's a good solution but I prefer the create thread feature in Slack. Also having to PIN contact names to quickly send DM isn't the best. I'm not sure why other users aren't listed in Contacts. The only other least favorite thing is how difficult it was for external users to access channels. You have to know in advance if a channel will need to be accessed by someone outside the organization.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Cliq

Because it was part of ZohoOne and once we tested Cliq, dumping Slack was easy.

Lisa from Intelikinect

Keeping in Touch with the Important Stuff

Now that companies have more employees working from home, it is so important to not feel disconnected or on your own. Being able to check in with co workers or clients instantly is so much more productive. I can reach more people with information I need so quickly. This allows me to give the best customer service I can. I can keep the customer at ease knowing that I am not making them wait and they know I am working on getting the answers they need so we can complete what they called for and get on with their day. Ending a call quickly and successfully is what makes for a great customer experience.

Pros

Cons

If there was the ability to have a few canned responses or FAQ to ease the effort of speaking with a client and typing at the same time would be a nice feature.

Rick from Fascinating Monsters

Solid team chat/collaboration app with an extensive development backend for customizations

I was impressed with the opportunities for developers but not with the UX.

Pros

Cliq integrates well with other Zoho apps, particularly helpful in Contact. All the basic chat and collaboration features are there in a familiar user interface. It's possible for advanced users to create extensions, custom integrations, bots, and commands with a powerful development backend and make these customizations available throughout your organization and team.

Cons

Unless you're already using a bunch of Zoho apps there's no reason to switch from Slack, Flock, or Asana, which area already mature platforms. Compared to these other apps, particularly Flock, the UI is a bit obtuse and hard to get a clear overview of. I particularly disliked the double panes within a chat window (opening the settings for a bot, for example).

Elisa from eStudios

Easy to Use Communication

Using cliq to improve communication within our company has helped a lot. However, I have not had the best experience with Zoho customer service in general one time. Other times, I had a great experience.

Pros

This is fantastic and easy to use communication software for within our company. It integrates seamlessly with other zoho applications and with other external applications. We have significantly increased productivity since using this.

Cons

There are some drawbacks, such as you are limited in character amounts that you can write for messages, but overall I like most of the features and it has improved over time. Another issue is that we cannot figure out how to integrate clients on to the platform without purchasing new user licenses. It was my understanding that you could have clients communicate as "visitors" within some particular channels in cliq that you designate but not have to be on a license. However, I have yet to be able to make this work.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Cliq

The integration as previously stated.

Well integrated, versatile and easy to use chat software

Communicating with Zoho Cliq feels effortless and intuitive. You can chat, make video/phone calls and more.

Pros

As a Zoho One User Zoho Cliq is a no brainer. It integrates incredibly well with the Zoho Suite and it's very easy to create new integrations with Zoho Creator. What I probably like best about Cliq is the 3 column layout that allows me to chat in 3 different chats at once.

Cons

The desktop app for Mac feels a bit like a browser version and has some quirks where you need to reload the app in order for it to work.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Cliq

The integration with the whole Zoho suite is flawless and easy making it our prime choice.

Dinesh Kumar from Medibox Digital Solutions Pvt Ltd

Zoho Cliq as Saas

Excellent tool that is not expensive and an ideal tool suite of SAAS every SMB business could employ to bring in the efficiency and productivity with their teams!

Pros

Zoho Cliq has been a critical tool for our every day communication and meetings, also it has been suite of SAAS that has enabled quality software services timely through solid support team providing the needed help. The Zoho provides tools to manage teams and communication among the team along with providing tools to manage workflow and accounting through zoho-books and thus has enabled us to be more productive everyday!

Cons

A bit of slowness with SAAS during peak internet hours. Other than internet dependency there are no other demerits of Zoho Cliq!

Zoho Cliq Review

Zoho Cliq has provided us with a way of communicating company wide. Any user is fully capable of using the serve because of user friendly the service is.

Pros

Cons

What I like least about Zoho Cliq is the cost basis the software offers for each employee to use and utilize the service.

Matt from Amplify My Business

Powerful, but daunting.

Overall, It's a welcome upgrade from what we were using previously (Telegram). Our whole team is unified in one place and we're able to collaborate much more quickly.

Pros

As with all products in the Zoho One Suite, my favorite part is how deeply Cliq integrates with the rest of our tools. I get new messages for every new paid invoice, new leads in the CRM, new appointments with customers etc. It's deeply configurable and can do pretty much anything that Slack can do.

Cons

It's tedious to set up. Nothing Zoho makes is EASY out of the box. They take a bit of time to figure out and customize. Cliq is no different. We're still barely scratching the surface on what Cliq is capable of because we haven't invested the resources to figure out all the options!

Charles from MonClubSportif

Easy way to chat through your company

Simple, easy to learn and a great way to communicate with my colleagues.

Pros

If you use the Zoho suite, you should use Cliq. It easy to integrate and the learning curve is fast.

Cons

It work not so good with the GIFs and reaction on comment. However, if you only need to communicate like the old MSN, it does the work.

Tanya from Pacific Backflow

Industry: Environmental Services

Obvious Choice for Zoho Users

We use Zoho Cliq for our team communication. We have one on one chats, and group chats to keep in communication between all of our remote workers. As we don't see each other in person much, having a way to keep a rapport through chat is important to us. In addition we value quick messages to communicate information, or questions.

Pros

The integrated chat options into other zoho software makes this an obvious choice for zoho users. Ability to use emoji, gif, share files make this a versatile chat system for our team. The ability to search the history is helpful as well.

Cons

The mobile app can have a lot of input lag.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Cliq

Integrated already into our system.

Slack-like chat, much cheaper and with some useful extra features

We moved to Cliq from Slack, as it included all the features we needed - but we didn't have to pay for them. The chats are logged in Zoho Connect as well. We use it for project chat, updates etc.

Pros

Integrates fully into the Zoho ecosystem, cheap, allows broadsheet layout, easy to use with external users

Cons

Occasionally buggy although Zoho continue to make improvements. Not as many native integrations available off the shelf and that means having to get developers for web hooks.

ARLENE from GLD

Can send a chat instead of using my phone to send a text. Sometimes it's faster.

Pros

Not just for chatting. Can send and view audio and videos, Send shared files and each team member can have their own account.

Cons

If I had to choose one thing I like least it would be I would like to see more emoticons. I like using them so more variety would be nice.

Dusty from TT Medical

Group Meetings and Staying Uptodate

Pros

I loved that it carried over into all sections of Zoho, so I could easily stay uptodate with messages from other people in the offices, without having to keep switching to look at my emails or a different screen than I was working in. Keeps everything in one place. It also is quick to go straight to voice/video calls, and easy to make group chats with different people.

Chris from Alliance

Favorite tool in a Fully Featured Suite

Staying up to date on current projects and communicating with my team has never been easier. I recommend to my colleagues all the time!

Pros

Quick and easy communication. Segmented to channels to keep things organized. Well made and designed clients for Desktop and Mobile use!

Cons

Can feel a bit bloated at times. There are plenty of settings to fiddle with but I haven't had the need to.

Ruby from ServerGuy

It is an amazing software to interact with your colleagues on both mobile and desktop.

It has been good. I use it daily for all my professional communications.

Pros

Zoho Cliq is a great platform to interact with your colleagues. You can make groups and anyone can add or delete a person. You can send all types of documents and links to others easily. You can also chat with yourself and use it to save important links and docs. You can use this application on both desktop and smartphone.

Lea from SAG

Great option for communicating with your team!

Pros

Cons

One issue I've encountered is periodic delays between messages arriving and showing on the web platform vs. through the mobile app.

Anyugel

Very goos tool to communicating with my work team

Pros

I love using this program every day. The truth is that it facilitates communication with my team and also allows me to send us quick files if necessary at the moment. Also, if they are distracted in other activities, it notifies them that someone wants to talk to them. So it really is a great tool

Amber from Pinnacle

Keeps everyone together

Pros

I enjoy the convenience of being able to shoot anyone in the company an IM and get real time feedback when it's needed. There is no better feeling than reliability and when I am on the phone with a client and need feedback from a colleague immediately, it's a fantastic and relieving feeling to have everyone I need at the tips of my fingers.

Cons

I don't like how lengthy it can be to set up and getting new users enrolled is a pain.

Sean from METASOURCE, LLC

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Good and inexpensive alternative to Slack

Zoho Cliq makes inter-office meme wars and GIF wars a reality, and is a solid cheap (or free) alternative to Slack.

Pros

My team and I have really enjoyed using Cliq. We started using it as a free alternative to slack (we liked the free features of this more than Slack's free offering), but we've ended up finding it really fun to use as a chat tool. GIF and emoji (or live Zomojis as they're called here) make chats pretty fund (and sometimes more time consuming than they need to be!). Channel management is easy too.

Cons

You won't find as many integrations here as you'll find with other offerings like Slack or Quip, so as a collaboration tool it's not quite as strong.

Kary from Ker Seguros

Business messaging with many options

Pros

I love it, it's very complete, the calls and video calls are of great quality. You can use it with internal and external clients.

Cons

I know there is a lot of competition and the cost of this software is quite low but I think a good option would be a multi-user license. Although really the cost is quite affordable.

Mario from Cornejo Corporation

A business chat

Pros

I like that you can have a complete way of communication, not only by texts, you also have voice calls or video calls, it is excellent to always keep your colleagues in touch.

Cons

I also like that it is integrated into the mail, I can tell you many positive things about this software. It is very very good.

Value of Money with 5 star service

Pros

There are a lot of application that offers security and accessibility whenever you communicate with business partners, clients., subordinate or teams. But this application defer with the affordable plans they can offer. Specially when you are a newly established group and wanted to start low. This would be exurity, functionality, accessibilty and value of money all wrapped in one.

Cons

The least thing I like is if you are not acclimated with the app you really have to go through the process of learning its in and outs, work arounds and technical issues you may encounter. Which I have not encounter so far!

Jorge from Ker Seguros

Business chat

Pros

Having access to your mail and at the same time a chat with which you can be in contact with your colleagues is a very efficient way to always maintain communication with your team. It is quite fast and easy to use, it has many communication options and you can also invite users outside the organization.

Cons

What if it were also integrated into the ZohoMail app. Just as a suggestion to unify apps. Could be a good improvement.

Elisa from Ker Seguros

A complete communication system

Pros

I like the good quality with which this chat is presented. It looks very simple in the mail but it is really very complete. The App is excellent too. The calls and video calls with a good connection are of excellent quality.

Cons

With the free version we have enough. I thought it was included with the mail but I see that it also has a paid version.

kaashif from cloudlogic

very simple to use. very hands on software. simple to navigate

we are able to track all records of actioned and not actioned tickets and see a trail of responses easily.

Pros

the ability to easily interact with clients and with current users in our workgroup. the feature of controlling clients PC without the need for a third party software

Cons

we cannot group tickets under client name. ticket system is messy and ticket order is not understood.

Matthew from Mystery Hill, Inc.

Great Communication tool for our staff

Pros

Easy to implement and roll out - Quickly helped our team stay in touch

Cons

Some functionality is not intuitive but that is expected from a product with as many options as Cliq has

Kristina from JRSC Digital

Industry: Printing

Zoho Cliq

I am able to switch between conversations quickly, which allows me to do multiple things at once. Also the fact that you can have joint conversations make doing projects and just communicating with a group so much easier.

Pros

The fact that you can have multiple conversations opened up at once in the same screen.

Cons

Honestly there really is not something that I do not care for, the software is great!

Great tool for internal communication

Just keeping everyone connected and on the same page is crucial.

Pros

We use the entire suite of Zoho products, so it's very convenient to have the chat function built into the platform. Means less tabs open on my computer.

Cons

I miss the giphy feature that I used when my company used Slack. It was great for injecting some levity into company communication.

Rachel from L5

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Communication via Cliq is easy!

Pros

Easy to download and use Contacts can be grouped for specific conversations

Cons

It logs you out after a certain amount of time and you cannot see pending messages when logged out. Texting is just as fast and more noticeable. I like Cliq but I don't think it is as vibrant as it could be. You have to be at the desk to have the benefits of Cliq.

Rigger from Aliantec 200

keep connected to your computer with a Cliq

We resolved a way to communicate and exchange content through a personalized platform

Pros

Finding a way to communicate without the conventional tools we find Cliq. It was very easy to use, especially for people who did not handle this type of tool.

Cons

It has some errors that are then solved by Zoho. He needs more development.

Fun and easy to use team chat software

It is a cheap software that is easy to use.

Pros

For the price (free to really cheap) you have some great features and support. Features including group and private messaging and a decent protection.

Cons

I wish there were more controls for admins. The lack of ability to delete or modify messages can be a potential problem.

María Fernanda from Hold

Zoho Cliq

Pros

It is wonderful for collab and communication if you are already using Zoho Suite.

Cons

As a stand alone app, you might have better alternatives.

I do not understand the need for this program

Pros

Overall every Zoho platform we have has made life easier or more efficient. This is a software that does have benefits. It allows us to communicate on an inhouse and professional program. It could be through messages, videos or more. This can make communication easier and more efficient for the office, but it is not perfect.

Cons

This is the most redundant software package I have ever had. Between emails, our office phones and texting I do not understand why we need this software. The only benefit is that it is more professional and exclusively inner office. Yes, I cannot drunk zoho cliq video call my boss, but any professional should be able to do that without this software. I am not impressed and try my best to avoid this software daily.

Kaitlin from L5

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Easy if you are at your desk.

Pros

Gives me AIM flashback. It's easy to use.

Cons

It takes a lot of convincing to get people to switch over to Cliq instead of emailing or texting information. I've worked for companies where similar IM systems were used all the time. While Cliq's features are nice, I still prefer Skype for Business.

Victor from Mara Technologies Inc.

Zoho's slack and Microsoft's Teams

I thought overall business use case was ok. It never really caught on with team members so we have not been using it as much. Also we are not extensively using Zoho suite so that could be the reason.

Pros

It's for quick communication and chat with team members. It also works with projects if you are dealing with multiple people. It integrates with the Zoho environment and it's cheaper than Teams that for sure. You can send files, view audio, view videos on it. Each member of the team can have their own account. Also you can create multiple threads or chat groups so that it doesn't all get mixed up. It also just works in the browser which is great. Don't necessarily have to install the software.

Cons

I thought it is still a work in progress. A bit buggy at times. It also does not have emoticons as other chat programs out there. I did have some delays between messages.

Hardik from Rahi Systems Pvt Ltd

Industry: Computer Networking

Zoho Cliq for office chat but it is slow

It was okay, I used it for around 10 months and than we finally decided to move to Slack because the share files take some time to open.

Pros

Easy UI and good mobile application. We can attach all kind of files. Integrated with all other Zoho Applications.

Cons

Uploading a file or viewing a photo which is shared is very slow.

Alex from Mumspring

Work chat made easy

It saves mail time and official group chats are easy to create for general and quick info sharing

Pros

Able to chat with colleagues at work and share information ASAP

Cons

Ease of use difficulty and exploration of functions may take a while

Free product for our team. Easy to implement and use.

Pros

Free, what else can I say? Great alternative to Slack for a fraction of the cost. Good system for our team to use.

Cons

Free comes with its benefits but always comes with its drawbacks. Functionality is good, not great.

Soumya from Rahi Systems Private Limited

Good but not impressve

It was good but not that efficient and impressive.

Pros

Since we have used the entire ZOHO CRM it looked easy for us to use it..its like any other app for messages.

Cons

it was not effective..messages used to deliver late.

Mohamed from Datacom

Zoho Cliq smoothly flow within the Zoho cloud for business suite

communication and connection with remote employees anywhere with ease and just couple of cliqs away!

Pros

ease of use, doesn't require any specific training or needs from employees from all levels in any organization, and ease of integral with all other Zoho cloud products.

Cons

lacking some advanced features, like conferencing from within the Cliq, it's a good tool for chatting, but lack collaboration capabilities, which is covered by other Zoho products

A good team communication app for managing simple communications with the teams.

Pros

- Very simple and easy to use UI - Tabbed and Split chat is one of the best features that is not available in other competitors, which really helps in managing the chats between multiple windows

Cons

- The pricing seems higher for the value provided - The integrations are very less compared to the competitors.

A great business chat

Pros

It’s similar to other chat services, but it has more tools to be considered a business chat. It lets you share files, send audios and in this way, be more productive. You can use it when you’re in your email or with the app.

Cons

The app of zoho cliq should be integrated with zoho projects, so you can assign new taxes and notify by cliq.

Awesome Collaboration Tool

Pros

Zoho Cliq is an awesome collaboration tool that can get your company working together more efficiently in a fun way. We've loved the way Cliq has helped bring teams closer together, and best of all the free version is super robust.

Cons

Cliq may not carry the same amount of clout as Slack, but it is super effective -- especially for the cost.

Leah