(1,862)

1,862

(1,214)

1,214

• Pros

• "This program has been easy to learn and saves me a ton of time. It is very organized and gets me paid faster with customers. Great program!"

• "I love the ease of use of this program. I also really appreciate that I can pay most of my taxes by pressing a simple button. Their customer service is exceptional most of the time."

• "It is easy to use. Their customer service is very helpful and it is free! It is very convenient because I can access anywhere I go. "

• Cons

• "There are a few bugs to resolve but the support team and worked quickly with us. "

• "It can be a bit clunky at times (a few seconds to load new pages), but the desktop application through Quickbooks online seems to solve this issue. "

• "As a new user it was confusing as there is a big learning curve and so many functions available to the user.but customer service was there to help"

Browse QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

Tammi from Tammi O. Virtual Assistant

Great product with several variable add ons

I have been using QB's online for 8 years including 2 different versions. I have created several reports easily and pulled data into spreadsheets. Very user friendly regardless of which version you use and can seamlessly connect additional services. One of the best accounting sites available

Pros

This software is very easy to use, I have used both for LLC and Self Employed versions and can customize to what the clients need. Running reports for various needs is quick and easy.

Cons

Depending on the version and add on service that you use the 1099 reporting was a little more expensive than another service I found in recent years, but overall not an outrageous amount at all.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Quickbooks offered the features each of my clients needed and even had a module for the accountant while wave is better suited for simple bookkeeping.

Joshua from Lake City Inspections LLC

Should Be Great...But There Are Some Issues

Overall, the software should be and is quite capable, however, it seems the staff need more resources/training to troubleshoot issues and the pay period settings need to be more customizable.

Pros

Quickbooks is the most well-known accounting software on the planet. It's slick, the software is implemented and developed well with no bugs in my experience, and the capability fits any size business via their subscription plans. This was very much needed for me as a small business owner and it's been a great step up from what I was previously doing.

Cons

Here's the cons: When setting up an employee the software gave me a notification and wouldn't allow me to go further once I selected that I had paid the employee previously and would be paying back taxes on them myself rather than charging those to the employee payroll. The notification wanted me to contact Quickbooks for "special handling". The problem is that the QB staff didn't seem to know what or why it was doing that and in the end basically I just had to bypass that whole question altogether to get the employee in the system and I'll have to figure out the previous taxes come tax time. This was like a 2 week process of asking QB repeatedly about this issue. The last con is the software's insistence to have me running payroll on the same day as the end of the pay period. I've never worked anywhere that did this and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense considering you don't have the hours for that last day yet. But nonetheless, I cannot find any option to change this and I end up waiting a week later, then running payroll, but the software ends up changing the pay date to the previous pay date after a couple of days, so my records are off. This has been the single most frustrating part of the software and nobody seems to know how to modify this particular aspect of it.

Direct integration with Spectora

Great for Small Business Owners

Their customer service line has been a huge help with any questions that I have and has made it possible for me to implement and use this software. Without it, I'm not sure that I would be able to fully utilize QuickBooks online. Overall, I've had a positive experience with this product and would buy it again

Pros

We like that we can access QuickBooks from any computer now rather than it simply being on one desktop. The most useful part of this software is knowing that I am compliant in the areas that I need to be as far as payroll goes. I was essentially self taught to do our books and QuickBooks Online made it easy for me to make sure that we were legal in our payroll process and helped me to identify mistakes I had made.

Cons

It is a lot cleaner and the interface is more simple than desktop but sometimes I feel that the functionality is not as good as the desktop version. QuickBooks online does not communicate with Skyworks, an autodealer software, very well and that has been frustrating to have to input the data twice. We are considering moving to a different software for auto dealers and I am anxious to see if it will be able to pull the data into QuickBooks better.

Scott from Bellevue Fine Art Reproduction, LLC

Industry: Printing

Too many problems with the Software and poor support

First, when I moved my business from Quickbooks desktop to Quickbooks Online, it cost me thousands of dollars in accounting fees to fix all the errors that QBO introduced. The transition was a nightmare, and took months to sort out. Inuit was ZERO help during this time. Since then QBO has gotten worse, not better. There are constant sync issues with bank accounts and credit cards, and QBO staff always recommend that you call your bank or credit card company. But these are QBO issues, and can only be resolved by QBO engineers, sometimes with the help of the bank or card company in question. It's ridiculous to ask a consumer to get involved in those kinds of issues, and a complete waste of time. I have had numerous times where a credit card purchase showed as being processed, but only months later we found it didn't and lost the money - thousands of dollars in total. QBO and Intuit Merchant services take no responsibility. Recently QBO forced Paypal as a payment option, and users cannot turn it off. But payments come in with no name associated with the payment. QBO insists this is a paypal problem, but it is not. A client receives an invoice online, pays it online, and then Quickbooks cannot match the payment to a name, but won't let you turn off paypal as an option. If clients pay an invoice just using your email, using paypal without QBO, then payments match. Clearly QBO has a big problem here.

Pros

It is convenient when it works. You can theoretically sync your bank accounts, credit cards and client payments, saving time in accounting and eliminating a lot of data entry

Cons

Merchant Services is expensive and unresponsive. The software has many bugs, and often won't sync with accounts for days or more. Tech support is hit and miss, and often I will resolve an issue before they can. In line ads are extremely annoying, and QBO treats its customers as a product, rather than a customer. There is no service level agreement and Intuit takes zero responsibility if they lose your data. They no longer have a phone number you can call. You have to wait for a callback, and many times they don't call back.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

I chose what I knew. I didn't understand at the time however that Quickbooks Desktop and Quickbooks Online are like two completely different companies. They don't talk to each other, and QBO is an inferior product in many ways. These two things are not the same.

Tara from North Bay Bookkeeping Services

QuickBooks Online has changed my life

QBO has been life-changing for me and my practice. I have clients all over the country, without QBO is could not have grown my business at the same rate.

Pros

I love the QBO eco-system. The eco-system allows me to offer more resources and solutions to my clients. QBO doesn't have to do it all for all industries, it just has to partner with 3rd party app developers that are specialists in their industries.

Cons

There is a lack of communication from Intuit / QuickBooks. For example, if a user can't access their company file, they don't know if it's a QuickBooks issue, an internet issue, a browser issue or user error. I wish QuickBooks would send an email that says QBO is down for an hour. And if a function is not working, let us know, keep us informed of progress made.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

The eco-system and name recognition.

QuickBooks Online is the modern standard of accounting systems

Overall, the system is very efficient and user friendly. Would recommended to anyone into using disruptive technology.

Pros

The interface is easy to use and requires no specialised training. The UI doesnt require the user to have extensive accounting/IT knowledge as QuickBooks Online system is logically laid out. The integration with other external application is not very complex unlike other systems. The main benefit of QuickBooks Online is that since this is an online version all our data can be accessed from anyway in he world without any issue. QuickBooks Online has a couple of pricing tiers and thus allows the user to obtain the right scope of the application which suits their budget. Also certain modules are there with different pricing options to suit the users. also the access to a vast range of tutorials by QuickBooks is highly commendable.

Cons

Some advanced modules/processes might not be available with QuickBooks Online although they are available in QuickBooks Desktop/Enterprise - like certified payroll/job costing etc. Mostly suitable for small businesses. There is a limit to the amount of customization that can be done for reports.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

The user friendliness and the ease of implementation.

Chris from Capilano Builders

Simple Cloud Based Accounting

Thus far for the size of our business it makes the most sense and we enjoy using it.

Pros

We can now do our bookkeeping and accounting remotely. Previously our firm used Quickbooks Desktop which unfortunately was not a flexible solution, nor agile.

Cons

The reporting options are basic, often to drill down on certain aspects of the business financials they need to be exported to another system in order to generate insightful reports.

Kurt from Drop Frame Productions

Slow & Steady

Overall it's been a major time to be able to sync to my bank accounts.

Pros

It's awesome to have access on multiple computers and devices. I was also able to get rid of my last windows machine that was maintained just for QB Pro.

Cons

I wish that it would refresh quicker and that I wouldn't have to reset the data so often. This makes it feel slow and glitchy. It is reliable but requires some patience to watch the loading icon and the data resets are frustrating. It seems like there would be a way to store some data locally and do the syncing in the background to speed up the user interface.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

I wanted to have access to my QB data for the previous years I've been in business. Also it's a well known and reliable product used by most accountants.

Olivia from Voicesifter

Great product, don't love recurring billing

Altogether, great. No complaints really at all except for the billing. I don't love the separate billing per company on top of payroll billing on top of 1099 contractor billing....seems like a "hidden fees" scenario.

Pros

I really love that I can now execute payroll by myself. Also chat support is very easy to operate and reconciling myself means that my accountants do less work (and therefore I save more money).

Cons

I don't love recurring billing. It just makes me feel like I am getting ripped off. The price definitely means that I am receiving constant updates though and cloud-hosting is the new rage. Guess I might be old school.

Tyler from Randco Tanks

QBO Advanced

One of the best accounting software with some added features. The online advanced version has been getting somewhat frequent updates, sometimes it's just cosmetic though versus the needed updates. When we work in larger invoices/estimates, the software seems to have an incredible lag (i troubleshot all our hardware, it's on the QBO side) One good side note pertaining to this, I've been able to get in touch with some of the QBO team that is closer to the development side that has helped me. Customer service used to be horrible and has gotten better if you just go through the standard channels. If you get connected with the development and feedback team you're better off. QBO Advanced does have priority circle with your own contact, and depending on the person you get that can be a great asset to you. My current one is amazing. So overall good enough to stay with QBO, but always looking to see what's out there to see if it's a better fit.

Pros

Easy to use Somewhat frequent updates Can do a good amount of tasks in one software Priority Circle Free use of Fathom Free us of ChronosBooks

Cons

Laggy Standard Customer Service Sometimes seems like Jack of all trades/ master of none software. (always needing more functionality and so having to do workarounds or adding another software/integration)

Janet from OMNI ACCOUNTING AND TAX INC.

A must-have for business owners

The auto-bank download is a must-have in any tax software. The Desktop version requires some steps to manually visit the bank for the download but can be done. QBO is a solid software for small businesses.

Pros

Good tutorials available, auto-banking transaction download (though it does not work for some banks or credit unions in BC) is a great feature, easy to MATCH or TRANSFER funds. Easy to set up bills and to invoice out of the program.

Cons

A little bit glitchy - sometimes fields get lost, or report titles get shifted and cut-off. Multi-currency requires the user to go online externally to grab exchange rates. It's confusing to issue customer refunds. The tax module (GST, PST) works okay. Bank reconciliations are difficult when there's anything done out of the ordinary, whereas a manual reconciliation would get the job done quicker.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Sage does not have free access for accountants and bookkeepers, so I do not recommend that program since I have not had the opportunity to try it or access my client's books with it. I've used Wave (free) and while it does download from the bank, the information is not as comprehensive and it does not reconcile easily with the GL. FreshBooks is highly not recommended for business who need double-entry accounting (ie. would be useful only with self-employed persons who do not need a balance sheet). For these reasons, I recommend QBO for small businesses.

Quickbooks Online has changed our whole model

Pros

Quickbooks online has allowed our organization to update, modernize, and change the way we approach our finances. Within a few months, we moved from a fairly archaic book keeping system to one that is completely modernized, online, and easier to use. Our whole team has saved time and frustration after making the change to QBO. Changing to Quickbooks online has helped us to improve our record-keeping, issue payments faster, made it easier for us to prepare for an annual audit, and provides many different options for planning, budgeting and reporting for a Board of Directors. With a small team, we are very appeciative of the Help features and online support available.

Cons

The only issue I have run into so far with Quickbooks Online is that there is a limit to the number of automatic reports that can be generated. For example, we would love to have the option to pull a variance report automatically from our records. Luckily, Quickbooks Online does provide you the features needed to build custom reports - so we got what we needed with a little bit of work.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We chose Quickbooks online because it offered us the best mix of price, functionality, user support, and financial management. With a small team with limited financial knowledge, we felt that Quickbooks Online offered us the most for our limited budget.

Harmony from Wes-Tex Printing

Industry: Wholesale

QBO is Definitely Different

Our overall experience with QBO Advanced has been pretty good. I think with the development and implementation of more features or customization of different "modules" to be customer specific it would serve us perfectly. And hey, the price is WONDERFUL!

Pros

What I like most about using QBO Advanced is how user friendly and simplistic it is to use. We transitioned our entire financial management system and for the most part it was relatively smooth.

Cons

There were many obstacles to overcome in the transition to QBO Advanced. It mainly involve how to find work around solutions for areas not offered in QBO Advanced such as specifically detailed inventory management and also fixed assets. The inventory process in QBO is clunky and too simplistic for our company, BUT since QBO is so easy to use we have customized processes to make it work for us.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Our former account didn't inform us of possibly a more suitable program. QBO Advanced was easiest for them.

Kyle from Kinetic Technology Group

Ease of use

The chart of accounts feature of QBO is much cleaner than the two previously used accounting softwares. Also the reporting functions are much more user friendly for non-accounting employees trying to find financial information that makes sense to them.

Pros

Everything is very clean, and easy to navigate. The general features of the software are user friendly to all levels of accounting. If you have never used an accounting software before QBO makes it very accessible to find important and valuable information about your finances with relative ease.

Cons

The more in depth features do take a little time to navigate. There are also a lack to "advance" features for some of the functions but it overall fits the bill. There is nothing that is missing that is an absolute need for business function- just more of a "would be nice".

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Used the other product briefly and made the final decision for QBO after not being able to get in contact with the other company's customer service for multiple days to resolve any issues.

Kevin from Allspice Catering

The one stop software for any Business

I am currently learning how to better integrate my time keeping services with quick books and I am overall happy with the transisiton

Pros

This Software is absolutely essential to my day to day operations. From the ease of use in payroll services, tracking inventory, combining all purchase and financing accounts and creating invoices for all of my customers I could not be happier with Quickbooks. What I really love is that software is always adapting and improving to help with more and more essential tasks, and if I don't know how something works there is always a Webinar/Customer service agent/video to give myself and my employees the tools they need to meet any accounting challenge.

Cons

The only two issues I have had is with compatibility with the payroll time clock services I would like to use, and this is more personal preference than anything else. I would like to see more options for bio metric time-clocking services than is currently available. the second is the saving of last used dates in the software meaning you have to be vigilant when making invoices or printing checks (I have lost a ton of checks this way)

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Quickbooks was the obvious choice for us when choosing our accounting software because it was easier to use and had a fantastic importing option for older invoicing and books.

Ryan from LaPorte Products

Quickbooks Online Advanced

There are so many reasons why we love working on Quickbooks online. The credit card processor working through our website, the mobile app and card processor, as well as the integration to WordPress and to help add automation to our financial recording.

Pros

There are so many features to this software, but my favorite is definitely the online platform. I am able to see the progress of the business through my phone or iPad and not just sitting behind a desk. So much business is done on the road or moving around and having the app easily accessible I can always be in touch with what is going on in the company.

Cons

Setting up the new company file was difficult. We were moving from QuickBooks desktop and it had to much data (20 years worth) that we were not able to compress it then upload the information to the new platform. We were able to do batch uploads which did allow us to preserve some data but it did make the transition a little more difficult than it needed to be.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We looked at enhancing our QuickBooks desktop, but all the pros that online had for us gave us only one option and that was to upgrade to the online version. The Quickbooks IOS App and the integrations with our website make it the best software for us by far.

Molly from Imprezzio, Inc.

Best Move My Company Ever Made

The cost for this product is amazing. We have saved $100,000 yr since switching from NetSuite. My team and I honestly prefer QuickBooks for everyday bookkeeping and business operations. For our company the switch was a no-brainer.

Pros

This software is so easy to use and makes training a breeze. A ton of the functionality makes everything more efficient and intuitive. The reporting is awesome and easy to create your own custom reports.

Cons

You cannot have multiple tabs open and you cannot easily create consolidated financials to include multiple instances.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We wanted a cloud based system since we utilize multiple instances. It made it easier to switch back and forth between companies.

Phil from Diamond Computer Incorporated

A constantly moving target, but works well for basic SB accounting needs...

We initially moved from QuickBooks Pro Desktop to the Online version to allow for our new Online Service Management System (RazorSync) to easily export invoices into QB for processing. In that regard, QB Online has worked well and met expectations. It's obviously an evolving product and there have been many changes to it over the time we've been on the service; some good, some not-so-much. The reporting module is very limited and unless one of the canned reports is close to what you want it's a struggle to obtain some information in a format that's useful. All those issues aside however it's been a good solution for our company and we expect we'll continue to use it.

Pros

It's wonderful to have access to our accounting system from any Internet-connected device. Integration with our Service Management System (RazorSync) has allowed us to turn Service Orders into invoices and send them via QuickBooks Online quickly and easily, which has absolutely improved how quickly we get paid on jobs. The Payroll module makes it easy to pay our employees and calculate the necessary withholding and taxes due.

Cons

The reports in the Online version are clunky and horribly limited. Recently Intuit modified what was included in the package we were in and limited the number of accounts we're allowed to have in the Chart of Accounts without paying a higher fee, so we're stuck not being able to add new accounts unless we want to go to the "next tier". Last year we needed to reprint some older tax forms that weren't showing up so we were forced to contact support for assistance. We finally got what we needed done but it took contacting two different support reps as the first one obviously wasn't familiar with the product and made changes to our accounting data that had to then be fixed by the second rep.

Dan from Triangle Apartment Association

Great Product for Small Businesses

Our experience has overall been very good. The price is very reasonable and has made things easier to use. Also, it has saved our company a lot of time and made things very efficient.

Pros

I like how easy the product is to use. I find it very easy to navigate and figure out how to use different parts of the software. Also, I like that they are continuing to roll out new updates and features. For instance, they just rolled out a feature where they will automatically send out past due notice. This has helped save a lot of time and improved our AR drastically. I think all in all, it has a lot to like about the product.

Cons

I think the reporting can improve a lot. They do have Fathom reporting, but that seems hard to use. I would like for more straight forward reporting that is easier to use. I think their customer service could also improve. Whenever I have a questions, they always provide an answer, but it is not much help. It seems like they need more qualified individuals to help out with any questions you have.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

What had just purchased a new database system and QuickBooks Online interacts with that in real time. Before, we were having to double entry every one of our invoices. This has helped saved time drastically and made our processes a lot more efficient.

Steve from Foundations Decor

Great where fits - might leave you looking for more

Moved from QB Desktop. Love having access where-ever and multiple people able to access it. QBO is much less feature rich than QBD. But, with QBD, you have to either log into a server, or remote desktop. It's stuck in the 90's. So, to make it even work, we had to get a plugin to manage our inventory and orders. If QB Desktop version would move online, it would definitely be a 30 year leap back to the present.

Pros

Quickbooks is easy to use, widely known, and priced affordably. Good for a small business. Having it online was a necessity. Having it link to bank accounts so smoothly is nice.

Cons

If it's not the QB way, you have NO WAY. They are not interested in helping with any needs of YOUR business. If your business doesn't fit into THEIR way, too bad. But, overall, they have a good program that fits most of your business needs. i.e. If you want sales orders and inventory management - you might as well be asking a rock. i.e. If you want to use your own credit card processor, they will force extra steps on you and take away features and functionality.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Neither Zoho or Xero were able to handle orders, backorders (purchase or sales), and inventory correctly. So, we had to go with QBO and a plugin.

Scott from Maryland Estate Treasures

The proverbial 800 pound gorilla still works!

QBO is the only one with the complete package that includes the ability to write and track checks. Since my business is simple, I need a lighter, "for dummies" mode that could remove a lot of clutter when it is not necessary. As a consignment business, I use software that is specific to the industry. It keeps all of the data I need to meet regulations. For QBO, a payment is a simple transaction. I wish the system could be lighter and less cluttered.​

Pros

Aside from keeping things in order, it allows someone with no accounting experience to do the basic bookkeeping activities, produce reports, and keep up with the finances. I like that it will connect with the bank and download activities! Best of all, it will print checks!

Cons

Connection with the bank can be flakey, depending on the bank. You have to watch the activity because QB does not tell you if there are problems. It should provide an option to warn you when it could not contact the bank overnight. Also, it is very difficult to use the check lineup processes. For some reason, I cannot get the check printing to line up properly and the tools they give do not work well.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

In my business, the law requires that I pay clients with checks or store credit. I need the ability to write checks and have them tracked in the accounting software. QBO is the only package I found that can write checks.

Kaitlen from Jade Conulting

Our Cloud Accounting Software of Choice

The freedom that QBO provides you is amazing. I recently moved to BC from Ontario and was able to keep my job because our firm uses QBO. If we had been on desktop for our clients, I would't have been able to keep my job and would have had to find work elsewhere. My boss is about to work remotely from her cottage for the month of August because she CAN! How many people do you know can say that?

Pros

I find QBO to be super user friendly. I love that they have a training program so you can become basic and advanced certified. We make everyone in the office do the certification program, but nothing beats user experience. QBO is the first cloud-based accounting software I was introduced to, and I find it fabulous. I even recommended it to my parents for their business instead of their custom desktop-based software and they are going to move to it at the end of August.

Cons

Sometimes the banking feeds have a hard time staying connected which can be very frustrating. It's not Quickbook's fault for this - it's the banks. But it is still frustrating at times when you lose a connection and have to call up your client to re-enter their details. Thank goodness for screen-sharing! Their customer support has lovely people, but they are not always knowledge in the ways they should be. A lot of the times, we already know the issue that we are experiencing and need to speak to someone high-level to be able to resolve the issue. There should be an advanced call center to be able to speak to extememly well-versed people that know QBO in and out.

Dane from Boundless Tax | Bookkeeping | Payroll

Quickbooks Online is Robust Software

Overall, QBO is wonderful software for bookkeepers, accountants, and small business owners. It is arguably the most powerful and robust software on the market, and is priced fairly well. Its integrations with other pieces of software and/or websites that small business owners use is second-to-none, and I am glad Intuit continues to work on that area. I would only say that support's knowledge of their own product is incredibly limited in my experience, and they need to stick by their pricing instead of releasing a few new features every year that have marginal actual use and claiming they need to raise prices because of them.

Pros

I love QBO - their software just works! I own a bookkeeping firm and nearly all of our clients use QBO. Nearly all bookkeeping activities can be completed, including accounts payable/receivable, financial statements, journal entries, bank reconciliations, sales tax, and even payroll. I find our clients want us to use QBO and they are eager to learn it. Along those lines, it is an easy piece of software to teach someone how to use, but still packs many robust features.

Cons

Two items: 1) The Intuit QBO customer service needs work, and lots of it. I have only web-chatted with them on three occasions, and on all three occasions, I solved the problem myself before the support agent could find a solution. A company as big as Intuit should know that their support agents need to be MORE knowledgeable than the end-user. In my experience, this is rarely the case. Possibly more training is necessary? 2) Intuit keeps raising monthly subscription prices on their QBO products. In using them for just about five years now, I have gone through five price increases/changes for their QBO Essentials and QBO Plus products, and an additional two on Intuit/Quickbooks Payroll (their payroll increases actually caused me to switch to another provider). Watch your e-mail for notifications diligently.

Cornelius from CHFMC

Buyer Beware

The online version is a decent product but I am sure there are other online accounting software packages that provide the same or much more. Dealing with the online accountant customer service department is a total waste of time. Their management team seems to be concerned with their numbers more than customer appreciation. Terrrrrible! My advice: "Buyer beware!"

Pros

The ability to assign classes in creating rules for the electronic bank transaction imports. The desktop version does not offer that function. It's sad because I know that if the QuickBooks Online software code writers can create that functionality in the online version, then they certainly should be able to create that functionality for the desktop versions which most subscribers have been using for decades now.

Cons

The unexpected price hikes on your account without formal notification or fair warning. Quickbooks has probably been the worst software vendor in that they always find a way to raise your rates by using creative and deceptive means such as switching online account holders and their client accounts to the Advanced Online version as a trial run without the account holders authorization. They leave the burden on the account holder to cancel the Advanced version trail for each of their online client accounts, which most account holders are not even aware that their clients have been switched. Terrrrrible! I'm sure there are laws that prohibit this type of deceptive behavior. Currently I am switching most of my clients back to the desktop versions until I can find an alternative Accounting software that my clients and I can appreciate.

Anna from Moses Brown School

Gets the job done-- but very buggy.

QuickBooks online has its weaknesses and bugs. However, after my research I think it's the best option out there for now.

Pros

Quickbooks is easy to "plug in" and go... You can use their templates and basic accounts and set up your own accounting system in no time. I had no bookkeeping or accounting experience before using QuickBooks Online, and I was proficient after about 6 months of part-time use. Having an accountant log-in is so helpful in today's world so many people are working from home/ traveling/ etc. It is indispensable for my organization to have an online accounting platform that I, my organization's volunteer treasurer, and our hired accountant can all access from our home computers. As a non-profit organization that only pays a tiny amount of sales tax, that portion of the software is very functional and is one fewer thing I have to deal with. I do not use payroll through this system, so I cannot comment on the functionality of that portion.

Cons

The bugs in the software (accounts that won't delete, messing up check numbers, etc) are the most annoying part of using QuickBooks Online for me. If you are a small team, you can just work around them and you eventually learn what they are, but it is repeatedly annoying. Their customer service is weak, but there are lots of affordable training courses that can fill in those gaps as you use the program. I sometimes wish that Quickbooks Online were MORE customizable (i.e. allow you to delete certain generic accounts), and I sometimes wish it were LESS customizable (journal entries can be numbered ANYTHING which confuses me). Overall, I think it allows me to do most of what I need to do in bookkeeping for my non-profit.

Boram Chris from More Than Scores And Tests, Ltd (More Than SAT)

Lesser of two evils

Pros

I am not an accounting professional but with a basic understanding of accounting principal, I have been able to use this software to organize my company for the last 10 years. I have made the switch in 2014 to the online version of it. It lets me to use the software anywhere including mobile device and I have been very happy with all the updates Intuit has been making last 3-4 years.

Cons

Everything about customer service. As a long time user, I know the infamous reputation of Intuit at every level. This is one of the SO MANY experiences I had: I had one issue that persisted since 2014. It was a simple issue, but it also caused me some great inconvenience. So I had been contacting them every now and then and the issue was not resolved until recently in 2018. It turned out to be it was as simple as clearing cache. However, every time I called, I had to explain the situation as if it's never been recorded, follow their instruction to do the troubleshooting, then they were puzzled how that happened, and then say that 'someone' will follow up. And THAT NEVER HAPPENED. I got so fed up and had to be on the phone more than 4 hours to a point that the issue was escalated to the presidents' office. I was told that there was a glitch in the system that I had to move to a new account. As they moved my data to a new account, I found out that it won't move credit card or social security info. As I was preparing for the final move, I realized that they have been charging me double. I requested to refund or extend the membership, but they did it again - made me wait for 1-2 hours, told me that I'll speak to a floor manager, then just transfer to another dpt- ALL THE TACTICS TO DISCOURAGE TO find the solution for the issue. Finally, they 'concluded' not to extend the membership with an excused made up they cannot provide in written permission. NEVER HAD SUCH BAD EXPERIENCE.

Randi from Intellitext

QBO has been a game changer for my business, but I have a few complaints.

Pros

I converted from QB Desktop Pro to QBO about a year ago, and it has been a game changer for me. Some pros: 1. The design is much more aesthetically pleasing and intuitive than QB Desktop. I now feel comfortable doing my own reconciliations rather than paying a bookkeeper, as it is much more natural than the steps required before. 2. I can easily add users and therefore don't need to pass the file back and forth. Before, I'd forget that my bookkeeper is working on my file and would make changes, which caused big problems. This is no longer an issue. 3. I can login anywhere. 4. The apps are a big deal for me. For example, I have an app called "Importer Pro" which allows me to import the schedule from my scheduling software. It then automatically generates and invoice for my clients, and it could also automatically generate an invoice for my independent contractors based on the work they do. This saves me about 25 hours per week. I could not have done this with QB Desktop.

Cons

There are two main (and large) problems I've found: 1. You cannot revert your company. So if you make a big error, or a disgruntled employee with QBO access logs in and messes everything up, there is no going back. That's a big issue. Luckily, it has not been a problem for us yet. 2. If you need to edit a past invoice, it deletes the description and changes the hour to 1. This became a problem for me when I realized that the line items were not mapped to the client, and I needed to change the "product/service" to something that is mapped to the client. Previously, I was using a generic term in "product/service" for all clients, not realizing it was an issue. However, I cannot go back through my past invoices and change the product/service because it will delete the description and edit the hours, which is way too time consuming to deal with. I have thousands of line items that are not mapped to the client. I reported both of these issues to QBO. Asked to talk to a supervisor after the first person was very unhelpful and clearly not trained well. The supervisor said he would talk to the development team and call me back within 48 hours. That was months ago and of course, no call. Disappointing.

LeAnn from GreatSchools, Inc.

So much better than complicated systems!!!

We have realized much richer reporting, faster data entry and uploads, connection to multiple apps such as Bill.com, and a wealth of information readily available through QuickBooks training, online experts, and even YouTube videos.

Pros

We love that QuickBooks provides an online option that is easily accessible for all of our virtual employees and financial advisers. It has been a breeze to use compared with our old system (Abilla MIP). In today's digital age, we don't often need all the complexity - just the natural, simple, and efficient financial management systems.

Cons

The only thing we haven't liked is that our transition from MIP had to be done manually.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Most efficient use of time and money with all the features we needed.

Scott from All Sorted Business Services

Great Features. Value for money (at the moment). Poor Customer Service

Quickbooks Online is great for businesses that have inventory, job management, budgetting or a large payroll. While these features are available with other software (such as Xero)...it is often for an additional cost. QBO includes these features in their offering. Great for retail, manufacturing and distribution-type businesses. For service-based business that focus on services, such as consultants, professionals or creatives I would recommend Xero as a better alternative.

Pros

Quickbooks Online (for Australia) has great features. It has been around for a long time and has developed a really good platform. Features, such as inventory and payroll are well developed. The reporting available with QBO is excellent - very detailed and flexible.

Cons

When things go wrong...the service is very poor. I've had overseas staff who did not know the system, or how things work in Australia. I have had customer support staff not get back to me. And I've had them flat out tell me that they can't help. Quickbooks is trying to buy market share in Australia, so they are offering significant discounts. This makes the software really affordable...but there is no telling how long these discounts will last. The expiration of a 50% discount may be a nasty surprise for a small business when it does go away. Which it will...at some point. Don't get caught with the Self-Employed Sole Trader version of Quickbooks online. Your Accountant can't view your data, the reporting is poor and you can't migrate your data to other software. It is a very very basic accounting package...that is not very functional and provides no future proofing.

Cliff from Network Interpreting Service Inc.

When it doesn't stink, it's awesome

Cloud based accounting. Reliability. Various user roles is nice.

Pros

It's up time is tremendous. It's prettier than it used to be and getting a little prettier by the year. (The Benjamin Button of Software). It doesn't crash in the middle of doing stuff. Their support is very responsive. API plugins. Yeah, high marks, mostly.

Cons

3 things: 1. Emailing invoices. They don't have good alerts for when you have a bad email address for a customer and this can kill. 2. They don't have a way of automatically adding late payment penalties into the invoicing process. We had to plug in some outside software through an API to effectively deal with this. 3. Somewhat related to #2, it seems weak on automated collection efforts to me. 4. I've pointed out a bug to them twice and it is still not fixed, 3 yrs or more later. Silliest thing. Used to work beautifully, but when they got prettier, it doesn't work anymore. What? Adding on another invoice to pay to a vendor after you have come to the payment process through the "Pay Bills" process. It wants to subtract instead of add. (the most odd thing) (they hae offered work arounds that are not viable and just won't get it fixed.. or haven't) 5. The block "Ctrl Clicking" in places when it would be really handy to open multiple tabs when editing a bunch of stuff. This forces you to come back to the list, and search again and again instead of keeping the searched list in place. Maybe there is some reason for this burdensome navigation.

Chelsey from JLB Simplify

Gives My Small Business a Professional Edge and Makes Accounting a Breeze

This software is simply amazing! I was on vacation in California last year and my business is Kansas City, MO. I had a client reach out needing copies of her service invoices sent to her lawyer by the end of business day. I was able to jump on a computer at the place I was staying and log in to my companies Quickbooks and meet my customer's need. I guess I would have assumed it would work since it is online, but to see it work in a situation like the one I was in, made me extremely happy.

Pros

Quickbooks Online was a game changer for my business. It has paid for itself 100 times over simply because I can more accurately see where my company is spending money. It also allows me to track where a job came from so I can see, in a matter of seconds, where all my jobs came from and how much I earned. This has helped me stop spending money on marketing or advertising is areas that weren't profitable. The second best thing is that it makes getting customer's copies of their invoices a breeze and looks very professional. We are a small business and referrals are very important and clients feel more secure with a company that has such a professional accoutning system. My third favorite thing is QuickBooks On the Go payment options. It has the lowest processing fee I could find, it is extremely simply to set up and use, and it makes accounting easier because Quickbooks automatically seperates the fee from the profit correctly.

Cons

The only cons are based off of user error and personal lack of Quickbooks software and accounting. However, I have an amazing accountant who handles our Quickbooks. He is patient and also helps me learn how to use the basic functions.

Pranay from Jain Gupta

First Hand Experience for Multiple Clients

Despite few challenges, overall I recommend Quickbooks!

Pros

1. Easy to navigate 2. Steps are easily available online 3. Very clean software for accounting 4. Multiple Apps which can connect with it 5. Cloud based. You can access from anywhere.

Cons

1. It is a basic accounting software 2. There are many features which are required for automation in todays times which I don't think they have enabled. 3. Other softwares are innovating with many new features like automatic reimders etc

Kristal from DutchWare

Industry: Textiles

Like a fine wine: Improving with age

Pros

I'm learning the life of accounting and with using this software, I've eased myself into the world of transactions, chart of accounts, and reconciliations. I love that there's online available training to further help me understand how to keep a proper account of my company's financial status and I appreciate the customer service that 's available to me with a click of a button. The bugs that would surface from time to time were dealt with in a quick manner. Tax questions were addressed and updates with State Sales Taxes have been implemented. I'm thankful for this team that is behind QuickBooks Online.

Cons

Quirks with invoice/bill formats or third party apps having issues. Bill.com - If you can find another app to use, I recommend you do. Bill.com don't have customer support at all. The phone number on their Facebook page says, "check the number and dial again." Just sharing.

Israel from SOUTH FLORIDA BACKOFFICE

Company cares about their clients

Quickbooks Online is easy to use and smartly built. The company cares about its clients and makes resources available online to solve user problems. There's a large community of advisors and experts on the product that support it.

Pros

(1) Easily configurable (2) Multi-user accessible anywhere, anytime. (2) Smart connectivity eases data entry and reconciliations allowed on any account. (3) Can be implemented at a moment's notice preferably by knowledgeable users so that the business owners expectations are met. (4) Great reporting features that can be customized and saved by user (5) Features invoice presentation and payment online which facilitate greatly that part of the operation. (6) Gauges build into the product help monitor the health of the business. (7) Accessible directly online by the professional accountant helps the professional time advice the business owners and correct issues. (8) APPS allow the addition of a variety of features to solve specific business problems. (9) Full system audit trails to monitor the integrity of the system (10) System is regularly backed up. (11) Digital documents can be saved within the system's transactions.

Cons

(1) Need good internet access to use the product. (2) Need more granular user permission for security access (3) Some features should be enhanced directly into the product rather than with the use APPS for example bill payments.

Colleen from Brandgarden Mobile Solutions

Quickbooks makes DIY bookkeeping easy.

Easy bookkeeping with all the different report types that we need. We can track divisions as well as overall company income/ expenses.

Pros

Its very easy to use and pretty intuitive. If you need help a Google search usually helps you find the answer you're looking for. As far as functionality goes, its so easy to use to invoice and track payments. We have subscription based payments as well as payments for services rendered. We also have divisions. Quickbooks Online allows you to track everything together or, in divisions so if we want to see how a division is performing we can. There are multiple ways to track numbers so all of the different reports that are available is just great. I like the online QB because both me and my bookkeeper can log on at any time. The big Pro to QB Online is its integration with so many different softwares and platforms and they even have a WordPress Plugin I believe. We recently started using an online proposal software and it integrates with QB Online so our Bookkeeper no longer has to manually enter in new client info, the proposal software adds all the information for us!

Cons

I wish there was a live chat or some kind of customer service to interact with. I'm not a fan of typical Help pages because I can never seem to find exactly what I'm looking for, so I always like software that is backed by live people who are there when you need them.

Tammy from Accutech Systems Corp

It's All About The Extras

Pros

QBO Advanced includes the analytics through dashboards and Fathom. These are powerful tools and very useful for management. The Enhanced Custom Fields are valuable for our company as we are able to capture information that can be kept in QBO with the client instead of having several spreadsheet to keep this information. The Customize Access By Role is helpful for us because we are able to then develop UI from our software into QBO allowing our developer to have access to QBO but not have access to the entire company file. Feedback is very vital for us the user. As we find something that could make our jobs easier, or a way of getting information out you can always enter the feedback in for Intuit's development team to review. I have experienced that some feedback has been addressed, which adds value for us because we know that the software is becoming a tool that will do all that we need it to do.

Cons

We lost a couple reports when we converted over from desktop, but Intuit is constantly working on enhancing the software.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We went to QBO because we needed to start our cloud footprint in order to advance things that we were trying to do within our own software. The Advanced part added benefit for some reporting functions that we were already trying to implement for management.

Joe from Wholesale

Industry: Wholesale

The Best Option Out There

We were doing all of our accounting manually before and it got to a point where we could not keep up. Now none of our upcoming expenses are a surprise and we know with great accuracy what our financial position is while we are determining if an opportunity is right for us.

Pros

I like that it is universally used so no matter how many different financial professionals from how many different companies I have to deal with they are familiar with the software so there is no learning or teaching curve there.

Cons

The biggest flaw I would say is when a new 3rd party program comes out that works well with my business Quickbooks seems to lag behind in having some kind of integration available. Ideally I would like all my softwares so integrate with Quickbooks so that I can use the full power of the system.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Because Xero is new and if it catches on that will take years, Quickbooks is THE accounting software and I feel like it always will be.

Michael from Love Pool Company

QBO Improving

We experience little downtime, despite some slowing of speeds. We're impressed with QBO at this time.

Pros

Many new features being updated regularly. Does what we need it to do.

Cons

Speed improvements as our file grows is very important.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Cloud-based computing is the main reason we switched from Enterprise.

Mercedes from HART for Animals, Inc.

Industry: Philanthropy

QuickBooks - the Accounting Software When You Really Want to

Pros

I have been using QuickBooks since 1992 as the CFO for a company with 50 employees. Currently, I am the treasurer for a non-profit and I am again using QuickBooks. I trained our bookkeepers, our financial managers, and worked without accountants to make sure that the software served our needs.QuickBooks is an easy program to use because it is logical, almost intuitive, and it can be adapted to the specific needs of the business. We are audited every year, and QuickBooks provide us with all the information we need and the ability for our Auditor to review it, correct, and verify it through the audit.

Cons

The format of the reports. While it is very easy to create multiple reports and customize them, the standard reports are sometimes cumbersome. Also, now that I am using QuickBooks for a nonprofit, I would really like to make it a requirement for the user to select a Type of Customer when setting up a customer. Our nonprofit organization has clients, donors, foundations, and corporate donors; all these types have previously been set up. However, when the person entering the data is keying in the individual entries, there is no requirement that they select the type of customer. This means that I have to review all transactions before creating the Accountant's Copy for the Auditor, at the end of the year, in order to generate the reports we need.

Jeff from The Mouse Pad

Excellent Web Application that's Here to Stay

We have been using Quickbooks Online since its early release and it has been a pivotal piece of software for our company. QuickBooks Online can be accessed from anywhere. There is no need to have to go to the office to get work done. It can be done 24/7 from anywhere. I work for numerous locations and I am able to update billing and client information without having to go to our office location to get work done. Likewise, I don't have to have a remote server running Quickbooks. While they are improving on the product, there are aspects that are not intuitive. Right clicking and opening in a new tab does not actually duplicate in a new tab. You have to take several more clicks to do so. At first, when using multiple companies, it is difficult to remember what to click to get into the actual company. It seems several tasks take too many clicks then what should be necessary. I feel like there is a lot of competition with them and Xero and these simple interface upgrades would give them more of an edge.

Pros

It's accessibility from multiple locations and different platforms.

Cons

I feel like the online banking and matching with transactions never seems to work. We have also had issues with filing of our payroll taxes. The forms are automatically submitted but from time to time the numbers are incorrect and we end up overpaying or underpaying.

Kimberly from SourceCode Games LLC

Industry: Computer Games

Very Convenient for Small Businesses

I really like the ability to use the system where ever I am. I tend to go to gaming conventions and sometimes need to access the account to make payments or submit invoices to collect payments for our Business 2 Business services. Since it is all online I can do this with ease by just logging in and I have access to my financials. QuickBooks Online Helps me run my business without all the hassles of using multiple services or systems.

Pros

• Easy to set up with templates that help you get started fast. • Automatically connects to your business checking for integrated payment solutions. • No messy software installations to deal with as the platform is online so you simply log in to an updated interface any time there is new features added. • You can integrate your Payroll from a 3rd party directly into your account. • Since it is always online you can access it from anywhere with a connection, you can even have multiple users with access on at the same time.

Cons

• The support is somewhat limited, and I have experienced delays in the help I needed from time to time but overall it is very workable and seems to be getting better. • The software interface is somewhat different for the online version than the desktop version so if you go from one to the other it will require an adjustment, but it is not terrible.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

I was familiar with the desktop version of QuickBooks and decided to give it a shot.

Quickbooks Online

With QBO our clients are able to travel or go out and do their work and invoice and get paid from their mobile devices. They also have a direct connection to us the Accountant so that we can help when they have an issue or maybe they need us to run payroll etc. We also find that we can start tax planning earlier without asking the client for copies of their books and they can continue business as usual without any interruptions from us.

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to collaborate with my clients with out traveling or having to login to their computer. Having the system available in the cloud also provides safety for system crashes and the ability to work from multi locations as needed.

Cons

Unlike the Desktop version as the accountant I am not able to create a new client for my use with out paying anIt has some minor issues like keeping column widths

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Already had multi clients using the software.

Top notch customer service and good option for people without much accounting experience!

QBO helped our medical practice immensely during our first year of business. I feel like QBO enabled our business operations to run smoothly and efficiently. Working with QBO also taught me a lot about accounting in general and gave me confidence as a practice manager. I strongly recommend QBO for individuals who are new to accounting. I have always felt like a valued customer and I am glad that we chose to use QBO for our accounting needs.

Pros

We opened our medical practice about one year ago and started out with QBO from the very beginning. As a practice manager with limited accounting experience, I was really intimidated at first. I give credit to QBO for turning this around, however. The QBO interface is very clean, easy-to-use and intuitive. On top of that, there are several well made educational webinars & instructional videos/articles that simplified my understanding QBO & accounting in general. To go even further, the customer service is amazing. I have called them with questions on a number of occasions and the QBO reps have been some of the most professional, knowledgeable, patient, articulate, and courteous phone agents I have encountered. Even with challenging situations, I have always felt well taken care of by QBO.

Cons

We have run into a couple of minor glitches, but nothing major. For about a month, we kept receiving automatic error emails that told us something was wrong with our account billing when there wasn't. It stopped after a while, but we did have to call multiple times and try different fixes with the reps. The only other problem is that a couple of months ago our transactions stopped automatically streaming into QBO. We weren't able to fix our bank connection through QBO and it became a hassle getting our bank involved. I do want to note, however, that our bank was difficult and unpleasant to work with, but that QBO was really great and I felt that the QBO representatives truly took the time and effort to go above and beyond to help resolve the bank account reconnection issue.

Aaron from Redeemed Construction, LLC

The perfect fit

The go-to book-keeping software. It's just right...

Pros

I love that there are many packages available so that I can get just what I need to fit MY business. There is software out there that is a "one-size-fits-all" and you end up paying for services you don't need or not getting the services you DO need. That's not the case with Quickbooks. I am a contractor and I got Quickbooks Online Plus and I can track projects, 1099's, payroll, and all of the simple book-keeping. The projects feature is amazing as I can categorize transactions per job and know my profitability on a particular job with a few clicks. The reporting is great. I give my accountant the login information and at the end of the year, he logs in and does my taxes for me. The mobile app is perfect for bookwork on the go. Snap a picture of the receipt, tag it to a project and account and it's all taken care of. It links to all my bank accounts and cards so I have everything all in one place. I can access it from anywhere and don't need to download anything as I can use the web app in any browser. It's the perfect fit.

Cons

Cons? Well, I guess it could be free... but it saves me more than the subscription rate in time, reporting, and paperwork, so for me, it technically is free...

Lindsey from Golden Floor

QB Online goes Everywhere with you and is User Friendly

Pros

QB Online has given our company the capability to work remotely and still be able to access all we need through this software. Often times, we have found ourselves needing for draw up bid proposals, check past invoices, and submit payroll while away from the office desktop. QuickBooks Online allows this flexibly to access this information from anywhere with wifi. It also allows several employees to access the information at the same time from varying locations. We have been using this software for nearly 8 years and we have not intentions on using anything else. All accounting duties are done through QB, reconciliations, payroll, payroll taxes, balance sheets, monthly reports, etc. Beyond that we use it for providing bid proposals to our clients. We can easily access past proposals and create invoices directly from them. It has offered us a perfect solution for our accounting and pre-construction daily tasks. QB Online also has the capabilities to sync with TSheets, an employee tracking software that has made the usage of QB online even more user friendly when importing timecards and customer reports.

Cons

Overall, the software is great, however, we would like to see more variety in the bid proposal formatting.

Sabrina from Secured Income Group

Multi Small Company

Quickbooks Online Advanced overall has served our purpose well, especially as a small company, but as we continue to grow and with the expense increase we may need to look for other options that are more robust. It was worth it to attempt to make the system work for the cost, but not so much anymore.

Pros

The software is easy to use and can be accessed by multiple people in multiple locations. There are a multitude of videos available when attempting to do something new.

Cons

The cost has increased from $30 to $150 per month, which is a major increase for what doesn't seem like a lot of extra tools. The few things that our company needs cannot be helped with Priority Circle, we need the system to work more like desktop did.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We are already using Quickbooks online and further research needs to be done before a major overhaul of the system is completed.

Alberto from Gradehacker

Overall Quality Accounting Software

Quickbooks is the industry standard for accounting needs and the cloud based apps know this. Thus, they make integration to the accounting tool very easy. Quickbook is very easy to set up and the invoicing looks very professional. If you are looking for an overall great accounting software that will require minial training look no further than Quickbooks Online.

Pros

Quickbooks Online is a very accessible accounting software. It is straightforward to use and understand. The reporting in the software is powerful and can be customized and compared to your needs. It integrates very well with hundreds of other apps and softwares.

Cons

Quickbooks is limiting when it comes to adding products or services. Once they are created it is extremley difficult to modify or edit them. This happens across the board with vendors, customers, and other charecteristics of items in the Quickbooks. This makes the need to create new ones necessary and more tedious reporting.

Tabitha from Natural Alternatives for Pets

Industry: Veterinary

Definite learning curve with this software

I have been using QBO via a web browser, iPhone app, iPad app and Mac based app for about 3 years. There are some cool things available such as reports, the ability to collect payments online, and convenience of mobile apps. However, if you are not familiar with double entry accounting or standard accounting practices, nightmares may ensue. After 3 years, I can manage my small business *most* of the time without having tantrums when things don't match up. I've read a lot online and even ordered books about how to properly use the software and I still have trouble sometimes. I don't think this is the ideal solution for people who want a simple way to track money in and money out. It's probably too complicated for many small business people, including me. The reason I continue to use it is because it's one of the cheaper options and I'm used to it. I've considered switching to waveapps several times and do use that one for some of my business transactions. My advice is that if you're going to use QBO, take time to learn how to set it up and use it correctly. If you don't you may end up spending many hours trying to fix months of incorrect entries. It's kinda complicated!

Pros

Cheap, accessible, pretty good phone support. Intuit also offers credit card processing which ties in pretty easily with QBO software.

Cons

Complicated accounting system which is not intuitive. Easy to make a huge mess of many, many transactions before you realize it.

Ashley from Workright

QBO- Great for sharing jobs across multiple locations

Overall, I am satisfied with QBO because it serves my purposes. I need something that my whole team can access from anywhere at anytime. I would like to see a lot of changes, but most are minimal. The overall service being provided- creating invoices, accepting payments, tracking overdues- is there and that's what I need

Pros

his software makes it relatively easy to share tasks among various users without location restraints or the costs of building a large connected network. I like having the flexibility to edit anything at anytime as well as the ability to see when my customers are opening and receiving my missives so I can take action based on that information.

Cons

I do not like the way QBO handles changes to personnel and company information. If I need to resend documents, the system will not update based on any new information I have entered into the Customer section. When I added a balance sheet to my invoices, it was difficult to understand and all my clients ended up sending incorrect or overpayments based on limited information presented in a difficult-to-understand format.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

My team was more familiar with the Quickbooks setup and felt more comfortable with what they knew instead of starting from scratch.

Jaron from Utah Maids

I use QuickBooks Online for accounting for my small business

Saving time and money by not using spreadsheets or relying on an accountant to do everything for me. I studied accounting quite a bit in college, so I know the basics of ledgers, financial statements, etc, so I really do feel confident filing a lot of my reports on my own and using my skills i've learned to save me money.

Pros

I like how I can use it as the one place to go to find accounting info about my business. My cards are all linked, so I can just visit QBO to see transactions. I use it to run payroll and keep track of employee details for HR purposes. I like how I can use it to file my taxes 80% on my own, with only some assistance from a professional accountant. I can use QBO to run reports to get insights on my finances for budgeting and strategy. Expenses can be kept track of very easily.

Cons

QBO does occasionally have some bugs. I had a bug with connecting to my bank, and it resulted in me losing a lot of work. The search function in QBO at times can seem like a joke, and it does not live up to other insightful search functions in other software programs. Often times searching for something that I know is in QBO somewhere, pulls 0 results. Reconciling accounts can be a big pain, and it can be easy to let things get messy especially as it relates to payroll. You really need to make sure you're on top of payroll and understand every aspect of how paychecks are calculated. Moving transactions from one Chart of Accounts to another one is not as simple as it may seem. If, for example, I wanted to break down my "supplies" account into two more detailed accounts, it is not a simple process to mass select transactions and move to a new account.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 3,727 reviews