• Pros

• "It's super powerful and has a lot of extensions via Zapier. The live chat contact support is AWESOME!"

• "Great customer support, super flexible tool, straightforward integration, not really much more you could ask for from a CRM."

• "I like the functionality of campaigns, tags, triggers, and sequences most. It's very helpful and means I can automate what I would otherwise have to pay someone else to do. "

• Cons

• "it is a little confusing at first, but with their awesome customer service team, they help in a jiffy! "

• "Because the software can do so much and is so flexible, it can be a bit overwhelming and at times confusing because you end up doing things in a non-standard way which can lead to a messy account. "

• "While the customer support is responsive. Sometimes communicating the issue is challenging. The format of the support ticket emails is also rather confusing. "

Browse Ontraport Reviews

Annette from Viva Automated

Great for coaches, speakers and e-learning products

It's truly the best software in the industry for companies looking to launch an e-learning / saas product, it seems to be especially geared for people who have a workshop, live event or coaching service business

Pros

It's very logical and user friendly, as long as you are clear with each step of your process that you are wanting to automate, it will be likely super intuitive for you

Cons

The software does seem to glitch frequently in little minor ways (for example, the bold on rollover for a link text) and with that said, support is amazing and they often resolve these issues super quickly.

Cost for features value

Response from Ontraport

Replied September 2020

YAY for user-friendly software that help make running a business smooth and efficient!! Thanks for the positive review, Annette.

Matt from Automation Central Ltd

Daily user since 2014

Like most businesses, we use Ontraport for general email marketing but we also use it track leads and automate follow up of hot leads - this has vastly improved our sales focus, conversion rates, and sales value

Pros

1. Ease of use, a great tool for all my marketing and automation. You have to try it to really understand 2. Support, many of whom I now know on first name basis - Ontraport attracts top notch people to be part of their team and they bend over backwards to help, especially if mistakes are made... I find them extremely proactive. 3 Come for the software, stay for the people. Not only are the staff extremely good at what they do but so are the leaders. Every dept head I've spoken with has been extraordinary and a credit to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who himself is all over the wider community. All of this plus the Facebook Community which is amazing, no question too dumb or too complex, everyone within the wider community is very helpful.

Cons

The knowledge base could probably do with more detail but I can normally get the answer I need from the community with is very strong and healthy

Reasons for Choosing Ontraport

Ridiculous pricing model and a sales approach that wasn't great

Response from Ontraport

Replied March 2020

Thanks for the kind words, Matt! We're happy to have you as a part of the Ontraport family. We're constantly making updates and additions to our Support Center, so please let us know if you have any specific feedback or suggestions for information to add!

Rebecca from Your Business Designer LLC

I love this CRM! Ontraport has changed the way I do business

Amazing experience from the day I joined over 4 years ago until today.

Pros

I love this CRM! Ontraport has changed the way I do business and I recommend it to all my clients (and let's face it - to anyone who will listen). The support is wonderful and the platform is powerful. You can set up any funnel you can dream up! Before OP, I was overworked, after getting OP I have so much more time to pour into my clients. You won't regret making the leap! Questions - ask me!

Cons

The only thing is that at the time of this review they don't YET have countdown timers in their emails - but the key word is "YET" because they are always taking new feature requests from their community.

Reasons for Choosing Ontraport

Kajabi - and I first got this platform, but it didn't do what I was wanting - so I went with Ontraport, had everything I needed, and have not looked back!

I Tried It for 6 Months This Is What I Found:

I had a few really hard sales people; just not very nice. After my first (kind-of) set up call, I just stopped doing it because I was told everything I had been doing (for the last 10 years) was old, wrong, and shoddy. I was informed the only way to fix it was with Ontraport. In 20+ years of business, that one on-boarding call ranks one of my worst experiences. Just because of that, I can't recommend Ontraport to anyone that I know. I'd never want my business or my name associated with a company that talks to people the way that I had been talked to. What I've come away with: Ontraport has the best customer service (amazing people and policies, just fabulous!) but they don't pay their affiliates and they use mean, fear-based high pressure sales to get you to upgrade or to keep you from cancelling.

Pros

The landing pages are fabulous! You can add a sales forms and up-sale sections. If you understand sales funnels, you may really like it. They have great customer service and there's always a way to talk to someone. You can chat with someone, schedule mini-screen share sessions and schedule longer training calls. All of my customer service interactions were fabulous.

Cons

There was a lacking in the template area, for me. It was not a simple as it would seem- my stuff kept crashing; I don't recommend larger images, files, or .gifs. They don't support .html, so if you have things you want to embed, it's a chore and there isn't any technical support. It's a lot of work for one person. This would be better for a mid-size or larger company. I wouldn't recommend it for any sole proprietors, independents or contractors. Beware of the affiliate program, just keep a watch on it: I signed up under a friend of mine. They never got the affiliate pay out. They should have been paid for 6 months. When I complained, they put in a ticket and he was only paid for 4 months. Plus, they hold any commissions for 90 days. If your sign up doesn't stay for over 90 days, you don't get paid at all.

Reasons for Choosing Ontraport

Ontraport was the first software/company of this type that I've tried. I cancelled my subscription the day before my 7th month (paid) was renewed. I had gotten a free trial to start; two different accounts, very confusing. I ended up trying them for 7 months total; 6 months paid. It makes a difference. You can't try everything during your free trial. It's a bit of a waste.

Jan from GetEmailsDelivered.com

Ontraport does it all

Pros

I have been using Ontraport since early 2016 and it's been a reliable backbone for my business. There were some small issues along the way, but they were mostly user errors and they were quickly addressed by the support. The flexibility that Ontraport offers is incredible. A couple of years ago you would need a team of programmers to achieve what they offer. Incredible tool.

Cons

Hard to think of any. Really happy with the service provided.

Response from Ontraport

Replied September 2020

Glad our support team has been able to help with the hiccups along the way! Thanks for taking the time to leave this review, Jan. :)

Steven from Ezdirectmail, Inc.

Great CRM/Marketing Automation Software, but with a few issues

I've used Ontraport for more than an year and I really like it (despite my concerns). It's the first window I see in the morning. Aside from basic contact management, the marketing automation component is first rate. Good task management too.

Pros

Nice user interface and overall capabilities. Good task management abilities along with contact management services. The support is simply best in class and the Facebook support group is stellar.

Cons

It's slow compared to other similar systems I've used. You also have to "click your mouse button" way more times than similar services to actually do things inside the system. For example, it may take 6 or 7 mouse clicks to create a basic task whereas past services I've used required only 2 or 3. This is extremely frustrating in terms of productivity. Overall the pros outweigh the cons - but I sure wish they'd address the cons.

Reasons for Choosing Ontraport

Good price point and the customer service. The Facebook group is amazing.

Response from Ontraport

Replied March 2020

Thanks for your review, Steven! We're continually working on the interface to simplify the workflow without sacrificing functionality. Here's one improvement we just recently released: We know Tasks were just one example but we've recently added "Quick Tasks" that can be created with three clicks in regular Contacts view: simply select the contact, click on Tasks, and click the Quick Task tab to create the task. Then, in our Contact Quick View interface, adding a Quick Task is just one click. We're working on lots of other projects to simplify processes and speed up the application interface keep the feedback coming!

Hannah from Re-Fabbed

Industry: Online Media

Customer Service is AMAZING

First of all, their customer service is AMAZING. Every time I have a question, each support person is quick to answer, and is super kind. I had an extensive chat with someone today, and he helped me SOOO much. I have never seen such quick, helpful, and NICE customer service EVER until Ontraport!!!!

Pros

Customer service, their ability to go above and beyond, availability for screen shares

Dario from On-Call-Business Ltd

Tedious and complicated system with Bugs that cost a lot of Time & Money

So far not good, overall the Customer Support is great and they are very helpful and friendly, however on the other hand, when technical issues occur like the one I am going through, where the Automation does not work, it takes ages to figure it out and get it sorted. I am considering to leave ontraport if it is not fixed soon and they are not making it up to me for wasting my time by giving me at least 1 month for free, for all the inconvenience they caused due to their technical errors and lack of judgement to figure it out in the first place when I first mentioned it over 1 week ago.

Pros

At first it looked simple and the Dashboard with the navigation on the menu is okay to get used to it.

Cons

1. The Automation isn't working, even when following all the steps and get support to double check that everything is in order, I have a landing page setup with the correct optin form and the campaign email messages are in order too, but it does not trigger the campaign when I optin with an email address. 2. The Page building tool is sometimes cluncky and freezes on you, so one has to go back and refresh the page, before you can proceed with setting up and building your Landing or Sale Pages. 3. Confusing structure on how to setup an automation, there are so many small steps in between that one has to consider that if you are not a technical genius you will need a Psychiatrist after having completed a setup, because of the stress you will go through getting there. 4. Expensive for what it does and not practical, very time consuming to get even the first campaign launched, 2 months passed and I have yet to experience the Benefits of using ontraport.

Julian from Freelance

Ontraport is awesome!

Super happy almost 2 years using it and I'm so so happy

Pros

Cons

To be honest. nothing. After trying mailchimp and mailerlite, Ontraport is way better!

Chandler from Full Cycle Marketing

Great For Small Businesses

Marketing automations

Pros

With no setup fees and a monthly cost that is less than 1/10th of what some of their competitors are charging for the same level of service, Ontraport is designed solely a with small businesses focus.

Cons

Their reporting dashboard isn't visually appealing as it doesn't have graphs and charts. You have to export data to make it pretty.

Response from ONTRAPORT

Replied June 2018

Hi Chandler, thanks for your review! Have you taken a look at Performance Mode? Many of the data points and reporting we pull can be seen in the beautiful Campaign Builder from this mode. If not or you'd like to learn how to set this up, shoot an email to support@ontraport.com.

Deanna from Delegated To Done

Ontraport Makes Marketing and Selling Effective, Automated, & Easy

Pros

Ontraport makes marketing and selling in my business effective and easy. With great email deliverability I don't have to worry that my marketing messages aren't getting to my prospects and customers. The payment processing and affiliate systems allow me to accept payments for my services and products and have my partners share them with their communities so I can help more people get the solutions they need. But the best part is how automated everything can be with the sequences, tasks, and if/then rules. No matter what the event: a client signs up, a promotion runs, a prospect wants to talk to me about how I can help them, everything that needs to happen to deliver a quality experience them, happens and it's on autopilot. And on top of all of that the support team isn't knowledgable and fast when I have a question about how I could use the system better to accomplish my goals. I couldn't be happier about my experience with Ontraport and love sharing it as a resource with my clients.

Cons

I don't have one complaint about the Ontraport system or the company. The staff are friendly and really care about the success of their customers. They are careful to roll out updates after thorough testing and creating new features that the community of users wants.

Mitch from Pencil Kings

Ontraport is so powerful and flexible - almost to the point of overwhelm

The biggest benefit is that it allows us to intelligently segment our customers and have a true CRM where we can see what happened when and troubleshoot errors.

Pros

You can just do so much with this software. It's amazing to have the ability to use such a powerful tool where we can design helpful systems for all aspects of our business without ever having to pay or consult a developer. The new updates they have made to the software have been amazing, and I love how there is always a helpful support person just one click away if you ever get stuck.

Cons

Response from ONTRAPORT

Replied June 2018

Hi Mitch! There are so many possibilities within ONTRAPORT. A best practice is to think through each process and what reporting you would like before building. You can always share your build with the ONTRAPORT Facebook User Community to get feedback before launching. Our experts and power users usually do this to see if there are other ways to build more efficiently.

Carolyn from Self-Employed

Easy-to-use and powerful CRM tool

-Easy to manage and navigate CRM -Saves time during customer file management -Intuitive user interface

Pros

I use Ontraport as a team member to manage client files and support membership-related inquiries. I love how easy it is to work with client files and support customers with their inquiries. In general, I've found this particular Ontraport feature relatively easy to learn, and in comparison, found it much easier and more user-intuitive than Infusionsoft. I can't speak to the marketing automation aspects, other than my client has installed a powerful and complex automated marketing email system and it seems to work quite well. Overall, this is a great software, especially if you're thinking of outsourcing CRM and support-related tasks.

Cons

I can't find any drawbacks for using this software. From what I understand support has also been wonderful whenever my client has needed to contact them.

Response from ONTRAPORT

Replied June 2018

Hi Carolyn! Glad to hear you are having a great experience using our software. Should you ever have questions about the other functionalities or want to look at opportunities as a consultant let us know! You can email our support team directly at support@ontraport.com.

Ksenia from CFT

Powerful, multifaceted, intuitive

It just simplifies so many processes. Being able to build a page, send emails, manage contacts, and set up campaigns all under one roof makes everything so straightforward. We're better able to roll out new ideas and events because multiple team members have learned the simple UI, and because we don't have to juggle amongst several different services for each step of the process.

Pros

I like how easy it is to create a sequence of events from start to finish--a page for customers to visit, a form to fill out, an email to send them upon form submission, a page to be routed to, a campaign of future emails to be added to... it's all so simple to set up with Ontraport's vastly powerful tools and visually intuitive interface.

Cons

Some quirks and bugs in the page editors can make building a page frustrating--for instance, in the sidebar where you upload a photo for a certain block of the page, your cursor naturally tracks over Ontraport's sample photos on the way to the Submit button--and hovering over one of those images causes it to be chosen, overwriting the image you just uploaded and inserted. I have to take a scenic route in a big C-shape with my cursor to avoid this happening. Little quirks like that stack up and become pretty frustrating.

Response from ONTRAPORT

Replied June 2018

Hi Ksenia! Glad you and your team are using and enjoying the software. We hear you about the page builder. Keep an eye out for updates, we are constantly making the UI and experience better.

Good in theory, buggy overall

Not having to juggle between a bunch of other software.

Pros

Ontraport does a lot of things. For the small businesses that are just starting and not sure what they want, Ontraport is great.

Cons

Ontraport made me terrified of all-in-one solution packages. It does a lot of things... but nothing well. Every solution that it solves also has a huge "Yes, BUT..." Rising prices, followed by my inability to do what I need for it to do perfectly, has made me leave Ontraport. Like, being able to control permissions for wordpress pages is neat. But incredibly tedious to disable access when there's a lot of content. Subscriptions would be hard to manage if the customer had multiple products. Email campaigns were difficult to execute. Just a long laundry list of problems. If you're a small business that DOES know what you want, and the software to handle it -- I recommend that solution instead.

Response from ONTRAPORT

Replied June 2018

Thank you for your honest review. We would love to hear more about what your needs are so that we can submit them as feature releases. While we continue to bring core functionalities businesses need under one roof, we appreciate getting feedback from our users so we can continue to grow alongside the market. Please submit to our support team at support@ontraport.com.

Sarah from Jokes4Miles

Not bad, but in hindsight I would probably pick a different CRM for us

Pros

-The campaigns feature is really comprehensive and easy to use, once you understand it. There is a bit of a learning curve. -The Email template builder is a pretty nice plus - this was something we really wanted in a CRM, although it could use some work. -HTML editor for emails is available. -Custom fields, link tracking and automatic tagging can be set up, which is great.

Cons

-Hardly any of their customer service reps seem to understand how the software works. After calling and emailing support multiple times to get help setting up our first campaign, I talked to only one person who was able to give us a comprehensive and complete solution that suited our needs. Other people would constantly refer us to someone else or straight up say they didn't know/didn't offer that kind of support. -Nothing you do is saved automatically. If you're used to software with autosave (which I was), you're going to be in for a world of hurt if you forget to save regularly. -The Email templates are too rigid for my liking. I wish you could do more with it. We also have issues sometimes when sending emails where two objects which are both centered will appear in different positions, and there isn't anything that can be done about it, and other little bugs like that. -There's no mobile preview for email templates. You have to scale the window down to the size of a mobile phone to get the idea.

Daniel from Pencil Kings

Used campaigns, rules, message sequences to structure our business.

I was able to automate tasks that would otherwise require someone to send out various emails to thousands of people.

Pros

Cons

The inability to sanitize campaign data during testing (i.e. I test buy a product and lifetime customer value report will always say I earned $X - I cannot reset it after testing, unless I want to copy and paste the whole campaign to start again, which would require more time to test. Also, it's a fairly slow/bandwidth intensive software to use.

Response from ONTRAPORT

Replied June 2018

Hi Daniel! Thank you for your review. Glad to see you would recommend us to a friend. We use task automation on campus for many of our departments to save us time as well. We hear you about the testing feature in campaigns. Did you know that our team takes feature requests and we vote them up based on customer wants? To up-vote this request, shoot an email to suport@ontraport.com and have them give this function a thumbs up.

Melissa from Productive Power

Phenomenal software and customer support

This company and its software is incredible. I've worked with many softwares in the past and never run into customer service like this.

Pros

We are on our way to taking over the world using this software. It has opened up so many doors for us. Originally, we were looking for a software to create a "drip" email marketing campaign. After talking to ONTRAPORT customer service about all the features, we ended up completely migrating our CRM from another software. We even use it to create customized landing pages for our clients. We've done way more than we ever intended to do with ONTRAPORT. The customer service, training, and knowledge base are out of this world.

Cons

The only thing I find somewhat frustrating is the inability to do certain things. For example, when I'm creating a new email, I have certain limitations for what I can do to the text in an email or the formatting. There's usually a somewhat comparable workaround, and they add new features regularly, but it is a little annoying when you have a vision you can't completely bring to life immediately.

Response from Ontraport

Replied February 2019

Hi Melissa! Thanks for the raving review. We're so happy that our software and support team have helped you do more than you had imagined. That's what we like to hear.

Catriona from CV Saviour

Industry: Writing and Editing

More than just CRM - its a marketing machine

Great customer service.

Pros

Ontraport is amazing - its vast number of features means it can supercharge your business. From drag and drop web page construction to marketing funnels and all the standard CRM features, it means my business can be nearly fully automated, from SMS reminders to the checkout.

Cons

User interface can take a bit of getting used to but with each update and new release, it's getting much easier.

Response from Ontraport

Replied May 2019

Thank you for the glowing review! "Marketing Machine" - love it.

Abel from Cyber Premium

Ontraport Helps In My Business Growth

Ontraport is a "DO IT YOURSELF" platform that delivers essential and effective business features, like marketing automation, a powerful CRM system, outstanding email delivery, etc. It is my best email marketing campaign platform.

Pros

Ontraport Sales and its automation documents to clients are amazing. They have an effective customer support system and are always there to render any possible assistance whenever I experience any issue.

Cons

They don't have flexible mobile App features, to have the best experience with Ontraport, I recommend using their desktop version. It will be super cool if you could improve your email tracking for each individual user.

Maria from Motion Avenue

Complete and Useful Digital Marketing Tool

I´m happy with it and the clients that are paying and using the tool are happy too. I can see the entire campaign results in only one software, saving a lot of time and effort.

Pros

It allows me to have all the assets and platform of a funnel in one software, so I can analyze in which part are my leads or my clients; I can easily know which part of my funnel is broken. On Ontraport you can create entire campaigns, landings, email marketing, SMS reminders, etc. It also works as CRM so your marketing and Sales team can be on the same page.

Cons

It´s not easy to use, we lose quite a time trying to understand it and even when we have this software for more than a year not all the members of my team know how to use it or use it at it´s most.

Marian V from MVE MEDIA

Best all in one automation platform

very powerful automation platform, way above many more on the market

Pros

very complex powerful sales funnel platform email automation at the highest level

Cons

landing page builder is very old school not being able to add css into emails

Response from Ontraport

Replied February 2019

Thank for the five star review, Marian! We hear you about the old landing page builder. The new Ontraport Pages editor was recently release and has tons of new sleek features and capabilities. Enjoy!

Louis from Discogs

Industry: Music

Simply the best CRM I have ever used

Simply a great product. I have used and implemented multiple CRMs, from big names to smaller ones, but this really is the cream of the crop. Recommend highly.

Pros

Cons

Visually it is not incredible, the UX takes a bit of time getting used to and the dashboard could do with some improvements and more features, but this is a small price to pay.

Response from Ontraport

Replied May 2020

Thanks for taking the time to give us your positive and constructive feedback, Louis! We'll pass on the message to our support team. :) As for the dashboard, we're always making improvements and it's a project we're actively working on, so stay tuned!

Tyler from BizLocal HD

We have been able to automate the entire back-end of our business through this system.

We were able to increase our time to do other things since the software automates our follow up process, billing, and even a quicker response task for potential clients.

Pros

We love that these systems help to streamline everything from client onboarding to actually billing our clients monthly.

Cons

It is a little pricey on a monthly basis, but the amount of time it saves us is almost invaluable. They do have their branding on the automation that we haven't figured out how to take off of the emails.

Response from Ontraport

Replied February 2019

Awesome, Tyler! Hearing that is music to our ears. You can remove the branding from the botton of your emails by sending an email to our support team at support@ontraport.com and they'll take care of it for you.

Dani from DaniMagestro.com

April 2015

A growing tool for growing businesses

Pros

I love the support that Ontraport provides to their users. They are quite receptive to feedback and listen when you tell them there is a bug. I also like the automation of course. The membership site integration with PilotPress is great. I like that their support is also better than their competitors. I've spent many weekend days in the midst of an issue with their support. They are so helpful!

Cons

The growing pains. Sometimes bugs pop up ( seems to be in the past but still ) and it's frustrating mid launch to have things like this come into play.

Filip from Dr Edwards LLC

Ontraport user experience

Pros

easy to plan/view/execute your strategic marketing goals and stay in touch with your customers which is invaluable feature.

Cons

It would take some time get used to it and learn the functionalities since it is a very complex platform with endless opportunities.

Response from Alexandria

Replied February 2019

Hi Filip! We're delighted to hear you are having a positive experience using our software. It is indeed a powerful platform with simple features as well as advanced customization options. If you ever want some hands-on help, make an appointment with our amazing support team at support@ontraport.com. They might even help spark a new idea or simplify a process!

Jonny from MediaExotic

Horrible deliverability. Worse customer service

We believed we joined with an “enterprise” level package. During our initial 2.5 hours on the phone We were told our account had been set up like this. However, as we looked back through the first few weeks of use, we found there were additional charges nearly weekly. When we asked what these were and why they told us we were over our sending limit. After a great deal more time with support explaining the situation and these charges should not be happening, they openly admitted they would not reverse them and we would, yet again, have to go through the process we had already gone through to upgrade to “enterprise” Combining their inability to address these concerns and near complete lack of ability to get mail sent, we moved on. That single decision (moved to aweber) more than doubled our open rates & cut our billing by more than 70%.

Pros

Pros are that it seems that initially they were willing to help us integrate.

Cons

After moving our subscribers to another service we saw a near instant jump in opens. From 9% with Ontraport to 23.5% with the new service.

Reasons for Choosing Ontraport

During the sales process they were quite sure they could meet our needs and by taking the more expensive plan we would be taken care of at a higher level.

Justin from Healthy Habits® LLC

Transfered my email services to Ontraport this year. Sales & Efficiency has improved!

Increased sales per send from previous platform.

Pros

I really like the hands on customer service, we have had multiple "how to" conference calls that were extremely helpful. I also like the easy, clean templates. The Email automation has improved our efficiency.

Cons

None off the top of my head really. I have only been using this for 6-12 months. Would be nice to be able to update or delete sales transactions from a customer profile.

Response from ONTRAPORT

Replied June 2018

Hi Justin! Thank you for the perfect rating. We like you too!

Wendy from Wendy Mak

April 2015

A highly scalable system that can do a lot

Pros

The customer service support is outstanding. Ontraport is basically a very scalable system - if you know how to use it. Their staff are amazing at helping you with your questions and in teaching you how to use the system.

Cons

At present, the price. In USD it is making it quite unaffordable due to a falling AUD where I live. Also I feel the system needs to be tiered. I don't use it as much to warrant the fee per month but don't want to leave the system either.

Keith from Healthy Habits

Positive experience. Noticed an increase in email marketing return. Efficiency increased.

Pros

Customer automation. Customer support calls are highly beneficial. Potential customer information capture.

Cons

The unsubscribe feature lacks the ability to unsubscribe from just the one email. It relates to the whole campaign

Response from ONTRAPORT

Replied June 2018

Hi Keith! Thank you for the positive review. I'm glad to hear you've had an increase in marketing return since using our software. There is a way to set up sequences so that leads can unsubscribe from only that sequence. Shoot an email to support@ontraport.com to see if this would fit your needs.

Chris from EverGreen Maids

Awesome support!

Pros

I said its easy to use but that doesn't mean its easy to learn as lots of conditional logic, etc. is not necessarily 1st grade math when you have lots of stuff going on! But from what I hear its lightyears better than infusionsoft. If you do need help, Ontraport's support is amazing! There live chat is almost always available - including weekends and they are very helpful.

Cons

Nothing yet. I've been on for about a month. I'm sure there are things they suck at compared to others as no one is great in all things (in my exp) but I haven't found those areas yet.

Response from Ontraport

Replied May 2019

5 stars across the board! Thank you for taking the time to review us Chris. If you do find things you think can be improved, let our glowing support team know! We want to hear feedback so we can continually make the software the latest and greatest.

Lakshmia from I Am Lakshmia Marie

Industry: Online Media

All in one tool for online business

Pros

Landing pages, tutorials, trainings and automation

Cons

Pricing isn't the easiest to understand Not enough native integrations

Response from Ontraport

Replied April 2019

Hi Lakshmia! We're glad to hear you're enjoying our tutorials and automation. Thank you for the feedback on pricing ? we are always working to make the customer experience better.

November 2013

Stephanie from Entrepreneur

November 2013

Made all the difference with my business

Pros

I like the way my business runs on it. I own a small business (3 employees) and was having troubling scaling. The more customers I got, the more time I had to spend juggling just to keep my business afloat. I was using a bunch of different technologies, couldn't get them to talk to each other, and was so frustrated with technology. Then came ONTRAPORT. My business now runs on autopilot. I have free time and am making a lot more money (now that technology isn't a roadblock). The customer support is fantastic. They've done a stand-up job supporting me and worked overtime once to help me with a launch.

Cons

I've been waiting on the release of their updated software. ONTRAPORT is great as it is, but I can't wait for the extra features.

SALLY from Reclaim Sacred

Solid platform

Pros

There is so much available through one platform, it's impressive. That might be what I like most, especially for those who are growing their businesses and need some plug and play options and other fully customizable ones. Setting up a membership site, a sales page, etc. can be done fairly easily from one place.

Cons

I have sometimes wished that certain product/payment options were better. For instance, pay what you can has become increasingly popular in my field, and there aren't a lot of platforms that make it easy to set that up. You can certainly create multiple products at various price points, but it's not the best experience.

Response from ONTRAPORT

Replied June 2018

Hi Sally, we think you are impressive too! Entrepreneurs and small business owners are the reason we come to work every day. Thank you for the positive review! If you'd like to submit a request for this type of payment, please send an email to support@ontraport.com and ask them to add a feature request.

Edwin from Footballshirts4all

A full-cycle CRM and email marketing platform with one of the best editors for forms & landing pages

Pros

Ontraport is very comparable to Infusionsoft, and it's cheaper though the difference in pricing has limitations due to Ontraport's odd pricing tiers. It does however surpass Infusionsoft when it comes to the flexibility in customising things, and the creation of forms, landing pages and emails is superb. It has one of the best automation features and editors I've come across.

Cons

You can't get a free trial. So you either pay and use the 90 days money back guarantee, or find a friend who has it to see it in action and try it out. The pricing tiers are rather odd as there's no middle ground. The difference in price between having 2500 contacts and 25000 is double. The lack of scaling of the pricing can be an issue for smaller/medium sized businesses.

Response from Ontraport

Replied February 2019

Thanks for your feedback, Edwin. We're glad our software gave you the freedom to customize your bussines automation processes as you see fit! We've updated our pricing stucture to better fit a scaling buisness -- If you haven't see the new teirs yet, check them out! (hyperlink: https://ontraport.com/pricing)

Karen from HIT Virtual

Not recommended

Pros

The customer support is really good. Very responsive and goes the extra mile.

Cons

Very large learning curve. Many of the terms used are not the same as other similar programs. If you are a solo entrepreneur and want to do something as simple as send an email, you would have to learn the system. If you have a support team, they will have to become expert to use it effectively.

Response from Ontraport

Replied February 2019

Hi Karen. We understand that using unfamiliar software comes with a certain level of learning curve, that's why our support team is always ready to answer any questions you may have. If you haven't already, you should schedule a screenshare appointment with support using the app. The agent will be able to see exactly what is happening so they can adequately guide you. Shortly after the end of screenshare session, a video recording of the session is provided for download so you can refer to it later. This will help you learn as you go. You can also use the "?" in your account to view videos, usecases and step by step instructions.

Gil from Self-employed

Don't miss this Marketing Automation

Pros

They have easy templates for you to design from Landing Pages, Forms, Opt In, Email Marketing Campaign. The support are very responsive and teaches you how you will be able to use the AUtomation Features. And the best part is you can integrate this with Wordpress (Using PilotPress) and you can also work with the Gravity Forms Integration. YEEY!

Cons

It's not really a Cons, but what I noticed for beginners, this is not an easy way to start Marketing Automation.

Response from Ontraport

Replied April 2019

Gil, thank you so much for the raving review! We're happy to hear you're enjoying the product, templates and our amazing support team.

Nichole from Freelance

April 2015

Good software but not without flaws

Pros

I love the automation functionality, it really is what puts Ontraport above other competitors in my mind.

Cons

Sometimes the system can get bogged down, especially after years of use and data.

Natalie from Your Virtual Concierge

Ontraport Gives You Everything In One Place

Pros

Ontraport has so many features, it includes everything you need to stay in touch with, follow up with, and keep track of all your customers, lists, emails sent and customer purchases. All the clients I work with who have Ontraport absolutely love working with it!

Cons

It can be confusing at first to find all the pieces and where they hide.

April 2015

Dov from Alchemist Entreprenuer Ltd.

April 2015

Ontraport works great for us.

Pros

It's simple to use. They're always adding and improving. And the support is awesome.

Cons

Still some bugs, but nothing that really gets in the way long term. And they're always working to improve and fix things.

Steven from Litterati

Industry: Environmental Services

Complicated + Expensive....Better Options In My Experience

Frustrating and expensive would be the best way to sum it up. ActiveCampaign feels like a better option that costs less....if you're going to go with an expensive option with all the features + potential power, might as well go with InfusionSoft If you're going to use an InfusionSoft or an Ontraport....you better be (or have someone on team) with some technical chops + patience for troubleshooting.

Pros

It is essentially a 'full stack' tool in that you can create your marketing web pages and forms in Ontraport that then connect directly to your CRM, email, marketing automation, etc tools It has the potential to be powerful and allow what would normally take multiple tools to be housed all in one.

Cons

It was complicated to use. It was honestly easier to manage multiple different tools and tie them together via Zapier or API or other integrations. Had multiple frustrating issues working with the Ontraport tool to the point where we ended up switching away.

Sorin from Zu Media

April 2015

Very versatile and simple to use

Pros

Constant fight for upgrades and work for getting a better product

Cons

The fact that it is easy to use, the way this guys connect with there customers

Armin from Plush Marketing

CRM software our organization has been using for a long time

Pros

What I like most about this software is the Class A customer support. Communication is on-going and great if there are issues.

Cons

I wish the dashboard was more intuitive. Very often, the software seems to be lagging dragging out simple tasks and making it difficult for our team to accomplish daily tasks efficiently.

Response from ONTRAPORT

Replied June 2018

Thanks for being a part of the ONTRAPORT family Armin! I'm glad to hear you've had great experience with our support team - that is something we strive for. We hear you about the dashboard and I've added a vote to our feature release.

Ashlee from Mirasee

A clunky system that was just average as a shopping cart

Pros

I liked the notes option, so I could track updates on customers made to accounts by other members of the team. This gave Ontraport a few CRM functionalities.

Cons

We had a lot of trouble with this as a shopping cart. It was unreliable at best and I found it difficult to find the data I needed in a straightforward way. We have since switched to HubSpot for campaigns and UltraCart for our shopping cart, and find the integration there to be simpler and more reliable than Ontraport alone.

Response from ONTRAPORT

Replied June 2018

Hi Ashlee! Sorry to hear about your experience. Sounds like you have found out that we are not a shopping cart and we aren't the best fit for your needs. Happy to hear you have found the right solution.

Victor from VC Innovations

Poor Tool, Poor User Experience, Poor Customer Services

Pros

Cancelling the account - very little about the tool is good enough

Cons

bad email formatting - lead tracking - customer support - interface

Price

WOW! This does almost everything!!

Pros

I can track everything with my clients. It's so much more than just email marketing. When you consider all of the tasks that it can handle it's worth the money.

Cons

The pricing may be a bit much for a new business or smaller business and figuring out how to best set it up for tagging and such needs to be planned out to get the most out of it.

Response from Ontraport

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the positive feedback! We're so glad you're getting the most out of our software!

Christina from LeadsAndLeverage.com

April 2015

Ontraport is the best product purchase we've made in our business

Pros

Ontraport is easy to use, fairly intuitive and their customer support is FANTASTIC.They are very responsive, in some case, even before I've been able to submit a support request they've come to my rescue.

Cons

I'm really having to rack my brain here on this one. There isn't anything that I don't like, that I don't wish they did (because they are so incredibly responsive, many "wishes" have become reality, very quickly).

James from JC Earnings LLC

Very easy to use, advanced features and blows away the competition.

Pros

Ontraport is a POWERFUL tool for automation and tops mailchimp, aweber and other AutoResponders as the in depth automation sequences are easily managed and are much more robust than other software.

Cons

It's very expensive, but that's made up for with outstanding support, great automatic sequences and ease of use.

Response from ONTRAPORT

Replied June 2018

Hi James! Thanks for the glowing review. We like you too!

May 2015

Kristin from Freelance

May 2015

Overall great, intuitive product

Pros

My favorite thing about this product is its versatile functionality. I have used other, similar products in the past, but this is by far the most intuitive and user-friendly (without sacrificing productivity).

Cons

Sometimes it can drag/lag, and there have been a few (usually very minor) bugs.

Amy from Self-employed

Ontraport is easier than other CRMs

My best suggestion here is to figure things out as best you can, watch the videos, and when you are ready to set up something big, like a funnel or a campaign, use your support time to set up something big for yourself. They record it, so, you can refer back to it.

Pros

My favorite thing about this is that you can use this for both lead capture as well as funnels and affiliates. So, the multi functionality of this is great!

Cons

My least favorite thing is the learning curve. There is a learning curve, but, you get 2 one on one trainings with ontraport.

Response from Ontraport

Replied February 2019

Hey Amy! That's a good suggestion. Going through our usecases, in-app tutorials and videos gives you a headstart and you know what to ask when you have the one on one onboarding calls with our team. Thanks for sharing!