• Pros

• "Easy to use, saves a to of time, great customer service!! Has all the features I need for the studio to work efficiently. "

• "I really enjoyed it because it made everything so organized and simple ."

• "It has made my life so much easier! My parents love it too. "

• Cons

• "I first it was a little hard to navigate and figure out how to get certain places. A few things were a bit confusing, but after some time I figured it out and now it’s easy to use. "

• "As the company has grown some of the enhancements have slowed but still it is an amazing product"

• "Some processes take 1 too many clicks. But not many at all."

Browse Jackrabbit Dance Reviews

Satisfied but could be more.

We love this for customer interaction and management. Bill pay is easy and straight forward. This falls short of being a total studio solution in my opinion however. Feel free to reach out to me for more ideas, I would even be interested in long term product development if you want.

Pros

I love how many options there are for reports and options within the report.

Cons

I would love for this software to have better inventory management and store management features. Also, hour tacking/employee scheduling is a little bit lacking. I have been using Homebase for hour tracking. Would be nice to us JR but the software is lacking.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied December 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with Jackrabbit! We¿re thrilled that you love the reporting functions. We hope you continue to get value from all of our features as your business grows. Please send us your ideas through the "send idea" button in your portal, we'd love to hear from you.

Debbi from Pamelot a School of Dance

Industry: Performing Arts

Wish we had transferred sooner.

Tuition processing Mass emails Parent Portal ease.

Pros

Our dance studio had been using a software that didn't utilize any modern for some time now...basically we were using a dinasour program for studio management. We transferred to the Jackrabbit system during quarentine and it has been amazing. With great customer support and many resources my questions about the system are quickly answered. So far any problem that we come accross we are able to find the answer to with much ease. The program allows our staff to communicate easier and become involved more with the developement of each of our students. My families are so pleased with the upgrade as well. Our favorite part about the software is tuition processing. It is easy and can be done in minimal time. Everything is integrated! We only wish we had tranferred sooner.

Cons

Because of how many aspescts Jackrabbit uses and covers for your studio, there is a lot that goes into the set up of the system in order to meet the exact needs of your studio. However, after the set up process and allowing yourself to get to know the ins and outs it is easy.

Reasons for Choosing Jackrabbit Dance

We chose Jackrabbit based on a reccommendation from another dance studio.

Suzanne from North Reading School of Ballet

Amazing Education and Support

My online enrollment and payment has been so easy this year now that I have started using this software. It was overwhelming trying to learn it, but they have been so helpful every step of the way.

Pros

I love the features and layout of Jackrabbit. As a new user, there is a lot to learn. The education tools and user support that is provided is top notch. Anytime I have an issue they help me resolve it and send me ample video trainings to get the job done. They are so kind and never make me feel bad for asking silly questions.

Cons

Sometimes I feel like settings for things are all over the place and difficult to find.

Reasons for Choosing Jackrabbit Dance

I belong to Dance Studio Owners Association and many members recommended Jackrabbit.

Amy from Dance Elite

Jackrabbit review

Stressful. I have not gotten a full understanding of the program. I implemented it this year and each time I look at it, I tend do use the same features that I have figured out for sure. I am still unsure if certain things went through or if I did things correctly. Many things did not flow easily as the coach explained. I would not be able to do any of it without the coaching. I appreciate that it is easy for most of my families. It is just stressful for me.

Pros

It integrates well with websites another systems. It tries to address many dance world features for large dance studios/businesses.

Cons

There are so many things/drop downs/sections to click on to make one basic thing happen. It is overwhelming to use due to the variety and numerous details that are always on the screen. Some steps take 2-3 steps to accomplish. The overall look is congested with many reports, graphs, statistics and numbers that are visual all the time. It is overwhelming with so much information or steps to take to use the program. Navigating through it take help from their coaching no matter what. For artistic individuals, it is over the top business arranged with statistics and listings.

Reasons for Choosing Jackrabbit Dance

Pricing. The Studio Director charges to use their bank draft/credit card processing companies, plus the fees the company charges, plus the fees for the program. During this pandemic time, money is important and finding ways to keep the studio open and running for others is priority. This program was out of necessity at this time. I hope it ends up being a helpful tool.

Jeanne from Mutual Dance Theatre and Arts Center

Industry: Performing Arts

The best as far as customization goes

We like it, but it is a bit frustrating at times. It is definitely confusing, as well...and this comes from very tech-savvy people.

Pros

I really love that Jackrabbit has so many features and so many ways to customize it. It is replacing numerous different things we used to customize and create for ourselves — attendance sheets on Google Sheets, rolls and databases on Filemaker Pro, having to manually text parents through Google Voice, emailing registered families through Gmail add-ons or Mailchimp, and registering students through a mix of Woocommerce and Eventzilla. We felt that the charge was worth it.

Cons

I do believe that functionality sort of takes precedence with this company over ease of use. So, it is very difficult sometimes to customize things exactly the way you want it. There is also NO way — in our opinion — to effectively do drop-ins, like there is with Mind-Body. Private lessons will also require us to use a 3rd party solution. I wish there as a native app, free for all of us, not additional charge. I also wish there was a way to integrate video lessons or pay-to-take-online lessons (like drop-ins, online). I think that the way you integrate this into your website is also very convoluted, and could be improved.

Reasons for Choosing Jackrabbit Dance

It had so many options and customizations. We didn't know that it didn't have drop-in features.

Kate from Find Your Center

Industry: Performing Arts

Affordable, versatile, easy to use

We continue to be happy with the affordability, integration into our website, and ease of use for students, teachers, and administrators.

Pros

This software was so much more intuitive, well integrated, and affordable than the studio management software we were using previously (MindBody). Easy to integrate web registration and class schedules into our website. Easy to create discount rules, enroll students, schedule make-up classes, and track student skills. The student portal is user-friendly. Our students never checked their accounts online with our previous software, and now they use their student accounts all the time. Jackrabbit also responded quickly to the pandemic, creating tools for sharing online class links and videos efficiently and securely with registered students.

Cons

We don't like the look of the mobile-friendly class schedule integration. Class schedules look great in desktop mode, but very clunky on our website in mobile mode. We'd also like them to change the name of the Parent Portal to Student Portal, or something else that is more friendly to adult students.

DAWN from Duet Dance Academy

Industry: Performing Arts

Great software for our dance studio business.

JackRabbit Dance has already saved us time and money as the parent portal is user friendly and preferred by our customers over our previous software. This had cut down on the questions about pricing, fees, etc.

Pros

Simple to set up for our dance studio business. Great functions that fit our processes. Especially love the ease of listing our classes for registration right on our website. Been using for about 9 months now and still learning all the great features. It's a better fit for our business than our previous studio management software. Love the staff portal and time reporting. Makes payroll reports a breeze.

Cons

Email feature could use some improvements. Would like for registration fees to post automatically.

Reasons for Choosing Jackrabbit Dance

Easier to get setup with merchant processing and more features we were looking for.

Wendi from Grand Central APA

The Cadillac of Webware for Dance Studios

My experience with JR over the past 9 years has been incredible. Their support has improved over the years and if I want a call, they call. If I need immediate assistance, they get to me. And everyone on the team is so well informed.

Pros

I love that everything is connected to everything in this webware. I love the search options, the report options, the constant updates, and how easily I can work it from my phone anywhere!

Cons

I'd love a timeline on the features they are currently updating, but really, no other program does what JR does. So I can't complain!

Reasons for Choosing Jackrabbit Dance

It checked all my boxes and then about 200 more. TSD just wasn't there yet. Not sure if they ever made it because I never looked back. I don't need to look anywhere else.

Jennifer from Dance Expressions, LLC

Industry: Fine Art

Jackrabbit is a great software

Overall I love Jackrabbit. I love that they reduced their price yet increased their services when the Pandemic started. It’s a great software.

Pros

Easy to learn with videos and access to support.

Cons

That ideas are only implemented if we get enough votes. I have been waiting for years for them to not allow kids to double book themselves in a overlapping classes for example, and should be an easy fix. I also wish they improved their recital management that would a hard to use.

Reasons for Choosing Jackrabbit Dance

Online enrollment, costume management, payroll departments, ease in use

Darby from STUDIO ARTS for dancers

Our first 3 months with Jackrabbit Dance

It has been slow going. Data entry on the front end has been time extensive and I'm hoping that will improve as we continue using the software. Tech support has been wonderful in answering all of my questions and helping whenever I need!

Pros

I like our customer database and class database the best. It's nice to have all info in one spot!

Cons

It doesn't fit all the needs of our business. Class files don't meet all of our needs, multi-class discounts and bundling rules don't accommodate the way we bundle and discount classes.

Reasons for Choosing Jackrabbit Dance

The reviews for Jackrabbit and their tech support team were better and fit our needs more than DanceWorks.

Holly from Dance Vision

Best Decision We Could Have Made!

We made the switch to Jackrabbit in May of 2020. I use this product both from the office/business side and the parent side and I am thoroughly enjoying working with both sides! From the business side, it was very easy to set up and Jackrabbit walked me through and always answered my questions. Their customer service team is top notch! The software functionality is amazing! From the parent side, it’s very user friendly! We just had our rec level registration yesterday and it could not have been any easier for the parents! In fact, one emailed me to say “I just wanted to let you know this is the fourth studio we’ve been to and your sign up process was by far the best!!” That alone speaks volumes! I also love how parents can store up to 3 cards on file for payment. This software is far LESS than what we were paying before and it is light years ahead!

Pros

We are a larger studio and Jackrabbit helps save me time In many ways! One example, When parents have a failed payment, they receive an email automatically letting them know. I have noticed great success with parents logging in to update expired cards AND make payment without me calling them! I can also view A/R at a quick glance from my dashboard, and click to see who has balances, AND email them in mass. Time saver! If I post a fee with an incorrect amount I can easily edit the transaction instead of deleting it and starting over. I can apply credits to transactions in mass which saves me at least an hour/month! During registration, there is a dashboard that shows me everything coming in so I can easily keep tabs on the process, review registrations, etc. The Parent Portal is mobile friendly so parents can easily do things on the go! It’s very easy to navigate! Taking attendance appears to be quick and painless in the Staff Portal, though we have not gotten to use that yet as classes have not started. We also utilize the time card feature which got us away from paper. We utilize the store for front desk purchases and that has been saving incredible time and paper as well. Customer service team could NOT be any better! There is also an extensive help section where I can locate answers.

Cons

They are continually making improvements! One thing I would like to see is tuition payments processing automatically. (It is coming soon.) That is the single item our old system had over Jackrabbit. But there are so many other advantages to Jackrabbit and it’s very fast to process payments so not a huge deal. Their are so many reports it’s been a learning curve to figure out my favorites. On the flip side - there is literally a report for anything!

Reasons for Choosing Jackrabbit Dance

We chose Jackrabbit based on the tremendous amounts of features, easy of use, reviews, customer service during the set up, Parent Portal, and price.

Sahaja from Prodigy School of the Arts

Jackrabbit Class is outstanding!!!! I've been a user since 2009.

Jackrabbit helps me with online and in-person registration, scheduling, parent communication, accounts receivable, costume sizing and ordering plus a whole lot more. Overall it's a great program I'd recommend to any studio owner.

Pros

JR is ALWAYS updating the user features based on user feedback through an "idea" button on the dashboard where we can share ideas we have about functionality that we'd like to see added to their already great service. As noted before, I have been a user since 2009 and I can tell you the system is always evolving. They make me feel like my opinion matters.

Cons

Here's what could be improved: 1. Text Messaging needs to be two way. Right now text replies are sent via email which is not always convenient. (but this is true of all the top providers right now) 2. Automatic Payments are not FULLY available. You have to manually perform a group batch to charge everyone on the day you want the payment to go through. In other words, you can't just "set it and forget it". However the batch process is a simple 2 step process. (Also true of all the other top studio software) 3. Currently, there is no customer app. I am mainly interested in this for the push notification feature. This would be great for promotions and deadline reminders. However, to be fair, they do have a great customer portal which is mobile optimized so customers can access their account anytime on all their devices. (Again, non of the top software have this feature) 4. The LEADS file is limited. Currently, it's mainly a place to park your leads and inactive clients with an email feature. I'd like to see more CRM capabilities like automated drip emails etc. That being said, I have taken the time to research most of the top software and I still find JR to be the most functional and up to date. I feel this is due to the fact that they are always listening to the studio owners and updating the service to meet our needs. Keep up the GREAT WORK Jackrabbit. Love your service!!!!!

Keri from Vibestreet Dance

We love Jackrabbit!

We started with Jackrabbit over 4 years ago. I was brand new to our dance studio and the system was still on a "trial" version. As a new faculty member I knew from the trial that the software was going to take us in the right direction as our studio grew more each season. In the beginning we started using the most basic features and each year we learn and add more - kindof the way our business grows. For us, the absolute most-important feature that makes us continue to stay with Jackrabbit over any other software/company/etc is the customer service. We can get help to some of our toughest (and silliest) questions so quickly via email, phone or the Jackrabbit Facebook Community. It really is above and beyond any other company we've dealt with. <3 Thank you Jackrabbit!! <3

Pros

-Customization options to suit our business as it grows -integration options into our studio website -CUSTOMER SERVICE any time we need it. (sometimes on holidays/weekends when they aren't supposed to be working!) -Options for tracking both families and staff -The new Staff Portal is great, we're excited to implement it in the new season. -We love the fact that Jackrabbit is constantly growing and improving. There's more! Lots more!

Cons

-No automatic payments from a bank account for Canadian customers (for us to pay our monthly fees to Jackrabbit) <- this is the one and only reason we've looked at other companies. As a studio that does not run on any credit cards - going to the bank to load a debit-visa type card is very time consuming. -The process to setup accepting payments for online registrations has been very time consuming (we're very-much looking forward to the day we can be done with it!)

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied July 2016

We are so happy to hear that you have had such great experience with our customer support team! We care so much about our customers. We understand it can be overwhelming when you start a new software, but we are thrilled that you have seen your business grow. We are constantly looking for ways to improve, so please let our support team know what frustrations you are having with setting up ePayments.

Keira from Spindrift School of Performing Arts

June 2016

The Trials and Triumphs of bringing our Performing Arts School to the 21st Century...

After 15 years as the sole office personnel in a small non profit that grew somehow from 3 personnel to over 45 I had to be dragged kicking and screaming to change. First, the updated Website. Ok, I can do that. Oh. You want a CART? To be able to register ON LINE? Wait...that means taking CREDIT CARDS? Are you mad? People have been writing checks for 20 years quite happily thank you. Oh...you LIKE signing your kids up in the middle of the night which is when you can get to it? You think everyone is like that? Pshh. Kids these days. Ok, FINE. Sparing you the details of my angst and how much research I did, after changing over everything for a big company that LOOKED like it would suit us...but didn't as a last ditch effort before utter despair, my boss's sister recommended JackRabbit. I made someone else do the transition, I couldn't bear doing it twice. My problems were not lack of computer skills, my problems were that we have developed a very boutique style business and every system to handle every diverse aspect of what we do, I built from the ground up. My data base could roll over, sit up and just about any trick. Getting JR to do all that wasn't possible BUT it is ALMOST flexible enough to do everything I need which is awesome. There are still things I could do faster the old way BUT....here is what I love about JR. They listen. ALL our businesses are totally different in the minutia but we ALL need clients, we need them to register, pay and service them. JR makes all that possible and for as many formats as possible. They are constantly adding things we ask for. I love that and it makes the pain of not being able to push a button and have all the forms I want the way I want them, bearable. I've learned to start bending around JR instead of the other way and it is a natural progression because the software is so flexible and user friendly. Change sucks. No one likes it but if you are going to do it, do it with a company that is servicing at least 75% or more of your needs, is big enough to have the resources for R&D and small enough to be agile to implement that R&D.

Pros

VERY user friendly. I'm very computer literate so it was a snap learning it but teaching it to folks NOT so literate, is easy. The BEST customer service from any company I've ever dealt with. Hands down. Constant updates, improvements and we the customers are listened to and the software changes and additions are created according to greatest need. Some of the best help documentation I've seen too. The training they offer both live and virtual is excellent.

Cons

There are features I wish it would have, like mass record updates or some more flexibility with report design but I feel like we will get those eventually. Nothing can cover every situation so just make sure if something essential is missing that you need that you have the JR folks talk you through it.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied July 2016

Thank you for your kind words and sharing your experience! We know this will really help those looking for a class management software. We are always enhancing the software to make it even better - we¿d love to hear your ideas through your Idea button in your database. Thanks again!

Alana from Elements Urban Arts Collective LLC

Industry: Performing Arts

Ok for the price, but missing critical elements for our industry

Pros

Customer service is good. Usually available and most of the reps are patient and committed to helping. Cost effective if you only need to use a few features. Geared towards youth classes.

Cons

No way to easily manage drop in classes which means I have to pay for a second software program. When you add both of those, it's only a small difference between this system and a more robust one. Also, the software can be glitchy at times and unforgivable at others. Mistakes aren't easily fixable. Need more flexibility or customization.

Cost

Brianne from Legacy Performing Arts Center

A True Asset for Management

Contacting families, monitoring balances, keeping track of measurements and costuming... All of that has been a breeze with Jackrabbit Dance.

Pros

I love that, even though it takes a little practice, it's simple to get used to and becomes easy to understand quickly. Its features are concise and accessible, making managing our data so much easier than anything else we've used.

Cons

As I said, it does take some effort to learn, although once learned it's very easy to navigate. I'm sure that anything I personally find unclear is only because we haven't yet discovered how to use those features, and will easily be resolved because of how accessible the information becomes when you take the time to explore the program.

Reasons for Choosing Jackrabbit Dance

About a week into the trial, it became clear that Jackrabbit Dance was the right fit for our studio's needs. Price was a factor, so finding that the cost was similar with other considerations was also a determining factor. Overall, it was a solid decision and has served our studio very well over this first year of use.

Katelyn from Ballet Etc Studio for the Arts

JackRabbit is easy to use and assists immensely in organizing classes and students each season.

Mass emailing to our families save us time and creating email lists. Also, being able to register dancers quickly and easily is great for saving time.

Pros

We like the ease of adding students to classes as well as dropping and transferring to other classes throughout the season. Being able to email on mass is also great but we also love being able to select specifics about a group before emailing. Class creation is easy, but still detailed, and the posting of fees is simple enough. I love the Dashboard! It gives a great snapshot of the business. The email schedule feature is also fabulous.

Cons

The cost to process families credit cards through the software is outrageous! Our fees have been so high that we have been forced to stop using this feature for some of our families. Also, reports are hard to work with and from time to time fees do not post to family's accounts when they register online. It would be great to have an "add fees" button similar to the class details where we could put in a monthly fee once and then post it for multiple months by clicking one button.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied July 2017

Thank you for your review! We're thrilled that there are so many things that you love about Jackrabbit. If you work with a Jackrabbit-preferred credit card processor you have access to their meet or beat pricing promise so please reach out to them. We also base improvements on your ideas so please submit ideas through the button in your software so that we have a clear understanding of how you'd like to see Jackrabbit continue to enhance the software.

Kim from Academy of Dance

Great System for class management

Customer service bar none is the best out there! They never make you feel dumb for asking questions and troubleshoot alongside you to customize the software to what your individual needs are.

Pros

The ability to have many systems all in 1 place: Student accounts, Classroom attendance, Costuming, Payroll, Recital feature... All great under 1 app. Love the mobile app feature as well.

Cons

Hard to set up.. lots of buttons. Lot of questions to set up student accounts turn off potential customers. Inability to link to outside marketing sources for lead tracking and marketing.

Reasons for Choosing Jackrabbit Dance

Customer service. I was not talked "down to" for my pricing structure.

Stephanie from DC Dance Factory

Industry: Information Services

DC Dance Factory review

Overall it's good . Somewhat confusing but just needs to be able to do some of the things above to be more functional for our dance studio.

Pros

I like that it allows us to bill credit cards. I like that it keeps up with income over the years and shows the comparison. I like that I can email/text classes.

Cons

I hate that it won't let me charge a convenience fee for those using credit cards. I hate that it doesn't allow me to give certain families a discount code. Like if we run some sort of special and I want to give them a discount code to get 1/2 off registration fee sort of thing. I hate that it doesn't give me the option of having returning students have a diff reg fee than a new student. I would have to manually change all of that. I hate that it doesn't predict what your monthly income is based on tuition amounts. Our dance works software always gave an estimate of what your monthly income was at before billing. I hate that I can't separate competition dancers from recital dancers. Meaning it would be nice to have two separate companies within one almost as if I had two locations because my company dancers have diff registration fees than my other dancers etc and it all has to be manually entered.

Reasons for Choosing Jackrabbit Dance

We saw jackrabbit at dance teacher summit and it seemed like a good choice.

Heather-Ami from Crystal Lake Conservatory

Always Coming Back

Very good. Have been using with multiple studios for the last 5 years.

Pros

Simple, straight forward, easy to export to excel.

Cons

Price is quite high. There are sometimes TOO many features, that it is hard to know where to look for something.

Reasons for Choosing Jackrabbit Dance

Experience with using. Did not want to re-learn and have to transfer over all the info.

Greg from Ascension Dance

I am a happy and impressed customer

Jackrabbit has made Studio Management a breeze. I was not already very familiar with the dance studio industry, so having Jackrabbit on my side to manage the day-to-day has been hugely beneficial.

Pros

Their customer service is the best. I have only ever had friendly and helpful responses, and their response time is always quick. Jackrabbit was quick and easy to get up and running. The dashboards make it easy to start using right away, without having to know everything about it. In only few weeks we were of creating classes, entering students, enrolling classes. The reporting is also very deep, we are only just getting to know what all it offers.

Cons

There have been a couple of very small features that I could see might improve Jackrabbit, but again this is a way they excel. They have a comprehensive reporting and feature suggestion system so you can see what features other people have recommended and can comment and vote for the ones you like best.

Reasons for Choosing Jackrabbit Dance

I tried demos of the options as well as watching tutorial videos. Jackrabbit seemed to best fit our needs, and it is intuitively designed and built. It felt natural to use right off the bat.

Christa from Creo Arts & Dance Conservatory

Industry: Fine Art

Since we began using jackrabbit, you customer retention has doubled. Jackrabbit is awesome!

We are happy to say that because the system is automated, our customers retention is higher. Families love that they can register whenever they want on line. We have also had great success with the attendance and skills page. Once the skills buttons were implemented next to the attendance our staff had a much easier time ensuring that skills were assessed in a timely manner. As the director, I also love that I get immediate updates when a family has registered. This summer those updates helped us divert several clients from attending the wrong classes.

Pros

Not only is Jackrabbit easy for our customers to use, help is always available for my staff. The Jackrabbit support team is very friendly and patient. We rarely feel like we are waiting for a response. We also love the new skills and attendance tabs. This has been a fabulous tool for us at CREO.

Cons

It can take an hour to figure out where to look for certain buttons on the back end. As we gain more students, my staff has to act more quickly. Waiting for help or searching for the correct button can be frustrating. This is especially the case when we are working on setting up skill sets.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied July 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. It's obvious from your comments that you're getting some of the best benefits possible from using Jackrabbit. Please send questions you have though the Help button in your software and - of course - submit your ideas through the Send Idea button! We depend on your comments. to make improvements.

Christopher from Fleetwood Dance Center

Industry: Performing Arts

After 50 years of doing everything manually, Jackrabbit brought us into the 21st century.

Before I was involved, our company tried to set up Jackrabbit. That didn't go very well, mainly because of the time needed to learn how the system works. But, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was convinced that she needed to make the change, and do away with her old manual systems. When I was asked to take on this project, I did invest quite a bit of time. After I understood what I needed to do, the process went well. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is thrilled with the system, and glad that she made the leap. Was it easy? Not at first. Is it easy now? Absolutely.

Pros

Jackrabbit simply does what it says it can do. The software is packed with features that we didn't even know we needed. Our families tell us that the parent portal is easy to understand and use, and they are grateful to have improved communication tools. When we were forced to close our studio due to COVID-19, we were impressed with the team at Jackrabbit, who quickly added virtual classroom links. While we would prefer to teach our students in person, Jackrabbit made it possible for our business to survive, and for that we're truly grateful.

Cons

Before I was brought in to implement Jackrabbit, our company struggled to make sense of the software for over a year. Be prepared for a bit of a learning curve. Take advantage of the support offered by Jackrabbit. They have a responsive team that will be happy to steer you through any challenge you might encounter. That said, be prepared to devote some time to getting your database set up properly. Your work will pay you dividends when everything is running efficiently.

Susan from Lexington Ballet Company

A single tool to manage student database, emails, and tuition transactions is a huge time saver.

Time savings, better record keeping, better tuition collection.

Pros

Easy to manage students and families. The waivers and online forms are great. We love being able to reconcile tuition transactions and send emails using the same tool as managing student contacts. In the past, we had separate databases for each purpose.

Cons

--Taking attendance is cumbersome, instructors can't see all of their classes. This is a big struggle for our open classes where some students pay online and some in person and we need to reconcile payments with who actually showed up. Right now we are still doing this with a paper sign-in sheet since we can't get Jackrabbit attendance to work. --Managing partial payments is difficult. Half of our students pay monthly and each amount is custom due to scholarships or other adjustments. It would good to have a family field for number of payments, and then the ability to have the statement show the next payment amount that is due. It is very time consuming for us to calculate each families payment by hand and send individual notices. --Difficult to reconcile reports due to the filters. The paid fees report is good but its almost impossible t run a transaction report that give the same value. -- It would be great if event registration had an option for groups instead of families. We often have schools or community groups register for our events.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied March 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We would like to work with you to help you benefit from all of our features and we're always available to do so. We would love to help you fix some of these issues through a Checkup call, which can be scheduled through this link: https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=13122060&appointmentType=3253323

Liz from ALL STARS Performing Arts

July 2016

Software That Grows with Us!

As we've added new staff there has been a bit of learning curve but we are starting to feel like we are really using the software the best we can. The latest releases have really been great. We are loving the staff portal and look forward to more additions like it.

Pros

Keeps track of all the information we need for each family. Let us move inactive students to lead file. Online attendance and staff communication. Easy ways to accept payments.

Cons

Not enough flexibility in reporting. Grades don't upgrade automatically. Limited room for note taking and the notes are "hidden" in tabs that are not seen at first. Not enough flexibility with levels/skills. Having to use Dropbox for attachments.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied July 2016

Hi, thank you for your review. To address your concerns with Jackrabbit, we are happy to share that our grade level upgrade has been enhanced. Our skills are also being added to the Staff Portal and will be released very soon. We'd love to talk to you more about the flexibility you'd like to see in reporting. Thanks for the feedback and the business!

Julie from Snap Dance Studios

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Go for it!

Snap has been utilizing JackRabbit for a few dance seasons. We have done it gradually and continue to use more and more of it's capabilities. Our experience has shown us that anytime our administrative team 'goes for it', we end up loving the software more! Online registration for our 2015/16 season has been going smoothly and customers love all the conveniences.

Pros

We have discovered that the customer convenience factor has been key. Online registration and customer portal have made parents very happy. The customer portal has been in use for a few years and we are now spending very little time answering questions because parents are now logging in more and more. Huge time saver!

Cons

We will be setting up the staff portal over the next fee months and I would love for my staff to be able to input dancer measurements through the portal. We will have to come up with a new procedure for this. Maybe it's coming?

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied June 2016

Hi Julie, thank you for your review. We are happy Jackrabbit has helped Snap and appreciate your business for all these years! Thanks for the idea for the Staff Portal - please send it in through the Idea Button in the software.

Mary from Academy of Fine Arts OK

12 years on jackrabbit and still happy!

We joined Jackrabbit Dance in September of 2005 and are still completely satisfied with their service! Jackrabbit Dance has changed a lot since 2005 and so have we! With all of the upgrades each year by Jackrabbit Dance, we have not had a need to look at other software to meet our needs and run our school. Love their customer service! Especially love that the manual is online and training to run the great features is easily accessible.

Pros

The customer service and the fact I can be anywhere in the world and be able to access my business information!

Cons

The only con I can think of is the charge per active student. I would rather it be a charge per active family instead. By student, we are being charged for every child in a single family.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied April 2017

We appreciate your awesome review and thank you for your loyalty for 12 years. You have seen Jackrabbit grow up! There's no doubt that you have great ideas for features or functionality in the software that would be helpful - like those you mention for running multiple programs. You're sure to know that we love hearing your ideas through the Send Idea button. So please send these along!

Barbara from Fusion Cheer and Gymnastics

A gym owner' s greatest asset

I am a co-owner of a small cheer/Dance/gymnastics gym 150-190 students depending on season. I am mostly the business side of the gym. I have a business/accounting degree. Before Jackrabbit we were keeping track of our payments on a gymnastics specific software(extremely old) program. This was not an online system and could only be accessed from my desktop computer. We took credit card payments thru QuickBooks. It was extremely time consuming to transfer information, payments and to invoice via mail. I researched both I class pro and jackrabbit extensively. I found that Iclass pro purchased the company that created the software I had been using. For our company Jackrabbit was the best fit. I was a little apprehensive about getting started but working with the support staff made the transition much easier. I attended a class after about 6 months of using it and that helped me to utilize even more of the facets of this great software. I got ideas from other users that I could take back and use. When we first announced that our clientele could pay on line the response was mixed. I knew it would be easier for me but had hoped this would be a valuable tool for families as well. We are starting in our third year and most cheer families are totally invested while 50 % of the gymnastics side still pay by check or cash. We do not force them to the online pay as we want them to be comfortable about the process. We are located in a rural area and there are several families that do not have internet. A few of my favorite features are on line statement and email capability. We have 3 separate components to our gym so it makes it easy to contact one without contacting the others. I do not invoice a family unless they are late. With Jackrabbit I have had to send very few invoices as our outstanding accounts receivables have gone way down. Our cheer side ( they have 2 accounts each) was generally my problem group. Since we've gone to online pay capability our receivables have become very manageable. 98% of my cheer families pay on line which helps tremendously. We have just finished our cheer season and out of 68 cheerleaders only one family has an outstanding balance. Best cheer season in the 20 years. If you are looking for a product to make life easier and your business more productive and manageable this product is it.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied March 2017

Hi - Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. It's obvious from your comments that you're getting some of the best benefits possible from using Jackrabbit. We try every day to make sure our software gets better and better so it helps you even more!

Rebecca from Dance Dynamics

Jack rabbit saved us

I switch from another software a year ago . The adjustment for me was a bit tough but I love jack rabbit and am glad I switched.

Pros

I love that jack rabbit has training for staff and that the company stays current and listens to the customers needs and implements changes based on feedback. Example adding the feature to link to zoom ,YouTube etc during the pandemic stay at home , saved us by giving our parent easy way to connect.

Cons

The new dashboard . I personally prefer the old one that showed the students and their classes no cLicking involved

Reasons for Choosing Jackrabbit Dance

Demo and pricing were both better. The demo was pretty user friendly and the on boarding they provided was really nice easily transferred info for me

Trichia from La Danse Workshop

Industry: Fine Art

It's been great but wish the credit card fees were less.

It has made inputting of customer info much easier. Now they can do this on their own.

Pros

Once we figured how to integrate our system we were using into Jackrabbit, things went smooth. I LOVE the recital feature, event feature, families registering online.

Cons

I feel since I've started using Jackrabbit, I've lost a significant amount of money. I feel it's through accepting credit cards virtually. Fees can be over $6000.00 a year. If just accepting checks there would be no fees or very minimal ones. In having a business in NY, the taxes are already out of control and with additional 3rd party fees, processing fees, percentages, surcharges, and "other" fees it just makes it hard to even pay yourself as well as employees. Possibly someone has an idea of how to fix this ongoing struggle?

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied July 2017

Jackie from N-STEP Dance Center

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Jackrabbit review - N-STEP Dance Center

As I have discussed with many individuals there, I feel that the software is almost too much for the average user. The interface has a "developer" feel, v.s. a "user" feel. Sometimes less is more. Some of the steps that we have to go through are repetitive. For example, on the payment screen, when recording a payment, you need to select a SubType. This forces us to either record the payment split into the correct subtypes, or record it a 1 subtype. In either scenario, it creates more work for us to ensure that our record keeping is accurate.

Pros

Best software that I have used to support multiple different tuition schedules Time clock for employees

Cons

Not user friendly to start significant learning curve Multiple steps to perform 1 action

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied March 2017

Hi - We're happy that you have had success with several features in Jackrabbit but would be even happier if we can help you with the areas where you're finding challenges. We will reach back out to you to work on these areas and to help you to benefit from more areas of your software.

Lindsey from Joy of Dance

Great program!

Jackrabbit has really help me streamline my business. I was wasting hours collecting money and answering emails with questions parents can now find for themselves. In the beginning, it was harder to transfer for year to year however. For instance, I didn't know ahead of time the second year that you could delete the old costume measurements for us until we had already begun importing new ones. Last year was the first year I used the skills tab, so I had the same issue there as well. It would really help if there was some kind of end of year checklist to clear out the old and get ready for the new.

Pros

Billing and automatic payments are the best.

Cons

Not knowing how to use it to its fullest potential. I am never able to make a conference when it comes around as I am usually teaching.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied March 2017

Hi - We're thrilled that you're thrilled! We hope that you continue to see new benefits and use a greater percentage of the software from year to year. Please send the items you mention in 'Advice to Buyers' via the Send Idea button so that they are reviewed by our product road map team as future development is planned. Thank you!

Taylor from StarMakers Dance Co.

Dance Studio Use

Pros

I think JackRabbit is a very easy-to-use and helpful tool to keep track of our student's accounts, etc. It keeps everything organized and is very easy to access.

Cons

The recital function is a little frustrating. When creating a recital, it ends up being very inconvenient to have to enter each routine, but then also have to go in and arrange them on our own. When you have 70+ routines to enter and rearrange, it can get very frustrating. If there was a way to put in the number of allowed conflicts we allow, hit like a "generate" option, and have the system automatically arrange one based on the info we have entered, that would be AMAZING! We end up spending hours upon hours trying to rearrange and create a decent recital lineup. Also, if we could add and individual student, for example, if they have a solo. It would be nice if we could add just the student and not a class, then have to uncheck all the names that aren't needed.

Tiffany from Releve Performing Arts Center

We love Jackrabbit. We recently started to use the recital management feature & costume mangement.

Pros

Jackrabbit is easy to use! We really like the costume management feature and the costume management feature. We also like the the time clock. We would like to start using the Events feature in the near future

Cons

The parent portal and they way the account payments are linked in the account summary. Our parents don't use the portal much because they say it is hard to understand. We spend a lot of time trying to explain.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied March 2018

Perfect timing! We will be releasing our new Parent Portal in the next couple months. This will be mobile friendly and much easier to use, the look and feel is much more modern. The function of linking payments and fees will be the same but hopefully it will be easier to understand in the new Parent Portal. It looks like your parents may be having trouble with some unlinked Payments/Fees, we recommend a Checkup Call help fix the issue. Here is a link to schedule your call: https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=13122060&appointmentType=3253323

Kyle from All Star Legacy

Function and ease of mind

I have used this software going on 5 years and I couldn't imagine running my business without it. Keeping customer accounts up to date, accessible by clients and organized is so key. Online registration and customer interface that doesn't require you to teach clients how to use is so valuable. The added value of things like online employee timeclock, attendance for members, mini Cramm, and apparel tracking/ordering lets you save $ from other things. Pricing adjusts with the size of your business. I love this software

Pros

Online registration and employee timeclock

Cons

I wish that autopay ran automatically with zero interaction without me having to click "go" once a month.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied March 2017

Hi - We appreciate you for sharing your experience with everyone. We're thrilled when our software makes customers happy! It's obvious from your comments that you're getting some of the best benefits possible from using Jackrabbit. We hope you continue to find new amazing ways Jackrabbit helps you.

DeLannie from The Studio Dance and Fitness Center

Jackrabbit

Pros

Billing and taking payments. Organizing classes

Cons

There are a lot of things that would be much easier if you were able to select multiple dancers or classes at one time. Not having this feature makes easy things very time consuming. Also, not automatically charging a registration fee to dancers who are enrolling in new classes is not ideal and causes me to loose money yearly.

Jessica from Panorama School of Dance

The system has saved us time and money, I love how they actually apply our suggestions

Time saving, reporting, convenience, ease of having parents do the work them selves,

Pros

The ease of finding information, charging our families with a click of a button and the recital module. Also the store is very handy to have linked to your families accounts.

Cons

They need to concentrate on the Canadians way of doing things more our taxes need to be worked in better. The store is great but I have suggestions to make it more user friendly with inventory and purchase orders. The fees as a Canadian using credit cards is insanely high.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied March 2018

We appreciate your positive comments and are thrilled that you are having great success with Jackrabbit. Our ears are always up for ways that we can continue to improve our software. We understand the challenge with tax rates, and with the credit card fees, we recommend reaching out to SafeSave to ensure you are receiving the lowest rate. We hope your experience with Jackrabbit continues to help your business thrive!

Anna from Move Out Loud

Plenty of features, somewhat confusing

Pros

This software has a ton of useful features and options. Processing payments and refunds is easy. The menu filters are very helpful.

Cons

The reports are very confusing to the point where I feel like I can't get them to work for me. There was a major glitch this spring with costume balances that caused me a huge headache. Customers can only see their last 20 transactions.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied July 2017

We appreciate your review and we are happy that you have success with many Jackrabbit features. We also understand that there are some areas that you would love to see changes and improvement. There are also some areas where you may need help. We provide the Send Ideas button in your software to give you a direct way to communicate your ideas with our product planners. We also provide a Help button that gives you access to every resource Jackrabbit provides to help you - including talking to a Support Team member. Please use these tools so we can help you get more from your software investment.

Lynetta from Sophisticated Dance, Inc

The complete package

Life saver, software has simplified complex tasks , allowing me to spend less time doing administrative tasks and more time teaching , dancing or being with my family

Pros

customer service, user friendly and evolution

Cons

Would be wonderful if jackrabbit could integrate or allow e-commerce system...allowing customers to purchase merchandise

user friendly

ANNE from DANCIN'FEET

Industry: Performing Arts

LOVE OUR JACKRABBIT DANCE SYSTEM!

EXCELLENT!

Pros

THE MOST VALUABLE TOOL IN THE JACKRABBIT SYSTEM IS THE PARENT PORTAL! HAVING A EASY EFFECTIVE WAY TO COMMUNICATE WITH OUR PARENTS HAS SAVED TIME AND ENERGY. THE REGISTRATION PROCESS IS ALSO AWESOME. SUPER EASY TO USE AND EXPLAIN TO STAFF. HAVING THE ABILITY TO PUT A PICTURE OF EACH STUDENT ON THE ROLL SHEETS MAKES IT EASY TO HAVE SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS TAKE OVER THE CLASS AND FEEL COMFORTABLE ADDRESSING EACH CHILD BY NAME.

Cons

THE STATEMENTS PORTION OF THE SYSTEM IS A LITTLE CUMBERSOME. WE WOULD PREFER TO HAVE RANGE OPTIONS WHEN PRINTING STATEMENTS, IE. DATE RANGE, OPEN ITEM PRINTING ONLY, ETC.

Kim from Lifesong Studio

Industry: Fine Art

Great customer service and user friendly!

Pros

They are always updating their software and even take suggestions on what they can offer that we as customers would like. They also respond to their customer service tickets in great time and always answer my questions.

Cons

At this time, jackrabbit does not offer a billing feature for us that we need however an employee said she would submit it to the team for review to be able to add it in the future.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied November 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words, Kim. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us and we agree, our Client Services team is truly dedicated to our users! As you mentioned, our updates are coming more frequently and are based on your feedback, including the billing option you requested! We hope you've taken advantage of our Ideal Portal, too - you can submit all of your ideas and even up-vote the ideas of other Jackrabbit users! We love hearing from you!

Dena from Elevate Dance Center

JR is a Lifesaver

I'm about to learn how to integrate JR with Quickbooks and I am so excited about that because it's going to streamline my accounting so much more. I also think the parent portal and staff portal are the best things in the world. I love this software and JR is constantly updating the experience to make it better- that has to be the best part of this software- the updates and constant improvements.

Pros

This software streamlines almost every process in our business and frees up a ton of time so we can focus on other deep work.

Cons

As with all major software programs, there is a steep learning curve involved. We are still discovering new features and are not fully using JR to its capacity yet. I'm not sure this is a "con" per se, but potential buyers should know they are going to have to put in some work to get this deployed and implemented.

Reasons for Choosing Jackrabbit Dance

I did have limited prior experience with it from working at another studio, so it felt like it would be easier to implement.

Jeanne from Carolyn Dutra Dance Studios

Industry: Performing Arts

Compared to the last system we used, this has more functions.

MAKES MY JOB EASIER AND MAKES THE CUSTOMERS REALIZE IT.

Pros

I like it because we no longer have to manually generate statements each month. I like being able to look at the transactions and how each payment was applied.

Cons

I never had to removed a monthly tuition fee because someone paid in advance of the next month to be billed. Each time I forget to remove this fee, I get a complaint that the customer was duplicate billed for the new month. I wish this problem could be addressed.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied March 2018

Thank you for your endorsement of Jackrabbit! We're excited that you are getting value from using our software. We're always listening and seeking out ways to help you even more. We wish you continued success and would love to help you solve some of your issues through a Checkup Call, which can be scheduled through this link: https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=13122060&appointmentType=3253323

Erica from Platinum Dance Center

Jackrabbit does everything you need it to do to run a successful dance studio!

Pros

I love that the software can really do just about anything - it just takes time setting it up and training staff.

Cons

Each "module" only goes so far. There is so much the Recital Module should do and it doesn't. Same with Staff Portal. Sometimes it won't allow a simple thing, such as emailing an archived class (we want to do that all the time). It's also very expensive now compared to the new softwares on the market.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied July 2017

We appreciate your review and we are happy that you have success with many Jackrabbit features. We also understand that there are some areas that you would love to see tweaked and enhanced. We provide an easy way for you to tell us everything you're thinking - it's through the Send Ideas button in the software. Please use it to get your ideas officially into the database that our product planning team reviews regularly. We're always looking for ways to improve.

Emily from EM's Dance Center

Great product, great service

Thus far it has been excellent. I hope it continues this way because I'm very pleased!

Pros

I was drawn to the amount of customization features. I was worried I wouldn't be able to figure things out, but my Jumpstart coach has been AMAZING in helping me set up and learn how to use everything to the best benefit of my business. Though I haven't had it long I like that even though my business, pricing and set up are unique, it is still able to be put into the software to keep everything automated

Cons

Only thing I would say is that it is a little intimidating and overwhelming when you first look at it. I also had a great deal of trouble figuring out how to go about getting a trial because there are multiple websites.

Reasons for Choosing Jackrabbit Dance

Honestly because it had everything I felt I needed and then some. The amount of customization and ability to automate my business was the deciding factor

Alison from ALICATS Dance & More

June 2016

Jackrabbit member since 2008 and LOVE IT!

I have been with Jackrabbit since 2008 and have been very happy. I love that they are constantly updating their system based on our feedback. Many suggestions I have made have been updated. My favorite thing is auto pay! They also have an awesome new staff portal which will make payroll so much easier as well as attendance. It is pretty easy to figure out by just playing with it, however their customer service is wonderful! Any time I can't figure something out I can chat online with a service representative, or email in a question. I always recommend Jackrabbit to anyone I talk to about studio software! They also have training sessions periodically through out the year that are very helpful to new users, and I even learn a few things after being with them for so long.

Pros

Ease of use, Customer service, auto pay, recital module, staff portal, training videos, online registration.

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied July 2016

We are so happy to see what Jackrabbit has done for your business! Thank you!!

Marita from Nolte Academy

Industry: Music

Works well, could be even better

Overall, I do like this system. I just wish that when you suggested improvements for JR, that the software team could change/improve functions based on requests and implement them faster.

Pros

What I like most about JackRabbit is their amazing customer service team who are available for live chats throughout regular business hours. They have helped me countless times with fixing issues and offering solutions in such a timely manner. Even when they say "so sorry JR doesn't have that function" it is still good to know that and they always try to provide an alternate option. I am so grateful to them!

Cons

There are so many functionality things that I wish JackRabbit could improve on. You often have to click through so many extra key strokes and steps because of the system not syncing with something you select. You almost have to be as smart as, or smarter than the JR system, which sometimes feels impossible.

Corin from Cary Ballet Conservatory

Industry: Fine Art

Great Software for Dance Studios!

I have saved lots of time and stress when it comes to collecting tuition by using Jackrabbit; it allows me to easily post fees, run tuition, and see numbers on a report. I love their staff and how helpful they are when you don't understand something or need explanation.

Pros

I love that you can set favorites to remember your settings when doing things like running reports, posting tuition, etc. I love that if there is something Jackrabbit currently isn't doing or doesn't have, you can suggest it in their idea portal; they are very open to suggestions and providing feedback.

Cons

I don't like that you can't set up a class to meet multiple days, at different times. I also think that there should be an easier way to see what a parent sees in the parent portal.

Grace from Dream On Dance

New Happy User

I am happy with how easy Jackrabbit made my transition to their product. I had several Jackrabbit employees who were with me every step of the way to help answer my questions and make sure I had a positive experience.

Pros

I like that this product covers such a wide range of elements that make running my business easier. I also like how friendly the Parent Portal is for my customers and the way it can be incorporated into my businesses website.

Cons

I don't love how registration is set up with enrollment fees. I would prefer being able to set it up so that an enrollment fee is automatically applied to anyone who registers instead of just new students.

Reasons for Choosing Jackrabbit Dance

I had more recommendations for Jackrabbit and I liked me consultation call.

Julia from 4 Star Gymnastics

Our staff loves Jackrabbit!

We have had nothing but good experiences with Jackrabbit. The customer service team is helpful and they take all the ideas they can get from their customers. There are so many features and I am so thankful this has made running our gymnastics school so much smoother!! Online enrollment is where it is at for us

Pros

Ease of event enrollment

Cons

I wish the recital features were a little easier and that it was a little easier to get links for separate events...maybe an auto generate

Response from Jackrabbit Technologies

Replied April 2017

We appreciate your review and we're thrilled that you love Jackrabbit! You're taking advantage of one of our most awesome features in online enrollment and we're glad you use the recital feature. As you know, we listen to what users say, so please hang in there and you may see some helpful recital feature enhancements. We hope you continue to have success with your gym and with using Jackrabbit to operate and grow it.