• Pros

• "I love that everything is looped together, there are multiply ways to get to anything and makes the features very accessible "

• "I like most everything - it’s pretty easy to use. "

• "I like my ability to use this product anywhere I have an internet connection. On my phone, at home or in our store. Lightspeed is very quick to help us when we need it."

• Cons

• "Although the features have alot of ways to get to, it does make training a little harder as everyone has their own way of doing things. "

• "There still seem to be a few kinks in the system that are being worked out. Every once in a while we catch a glitch, but it is nothing major. "

• "The only con I would mention here is the price if you are not offered a trial deal or discount for the software."

Browse Lightspeed eCommerce Reviews

Chris from Institute for Creation Research

Great product and great support!

Great software with phenomenal support. We love and look forward to long-term partnership with LightSpeed.

Pros

This software can do 9 of 10 things in every every of my business. Great inventory management (10 out of 10), great sales( 9 out of 10), and great standard reporting(8 out of 10).

Cons

Inventory will not go to negative on hand, gift cards do not work online, and no bin location for each product.

ERIN from COWBOY TOWN OUTFITTERS

Great for MAC Users

Pros

Accurate reporting and a more thorough online presence. Ease of transfer of data over and in setting up new products Quick to respond technical support team ADDED - the support staff integrated payment processing and their Genius terminal.

Cons

No offline availability. If internet is down, you can't do anything. No automatic notice of duplicate customer names. No automatic account creation of customer names with credit card payments. Unable to add single item on multiple item sale to special order.

Ross from Snow Peak

Easy to use POS but certain Limitations

Lightspeed is an affordable, easy to use POS. It is a great POS if you are using it to track all your inventory. If not, it has too many limitations to make it worthwhile.

Pros

Lightspeed is easy to setup and use. Its cloud version is great for managing multiple retail locations, allowing for transfers between locations. You can download a full lists of your products on Lightspeed. Easy to use and intuitive.

Cons

The biggest drawback we ran into with using Lightspeed is that it does not allow you to upload your inventory quantities. We use an external system to track inventory and it's frustrating not to be able to use a csv to upload inventory. The only we to update inventory is through doing a full physical inventory count, which we only do twice a year.

Kelly from Extension, Inc

Product works, but there are others that are better....

Pros

The interface is incredibly easy to utilize. Loading products and walking through a sales process is simple.

Cons

The lack of integration between lightspeed and other inventory tools can be frustrating at times, but there are workarounds. Customer service is not the best - response times are lacking.

Carole from Red Bamboo inc

Lightspeed issues

not horrible not great

Pros

it's pretty easy, the inventory entering is easy, sales are easy. Reports are good, although none of them integrate, you have to pull 3-4 reports to get what you need unless you upgrade to way more $

Cons

This is an app based program, so there are definite issues using this with an iPad, which is how we run our retail store. The gift card has been a problem from day one which we have reported many time and have an open ongoing unresolved case. We purchased the gift card from the company they recommended and they both point fingers at each other, meanwhile it is a nightmare for our customers who have to sit & wait while we figure out how to make their return or issue a gift card. Still not resolved. The cache fills up and you have to delete the app and reload it or certain functions do not work, like getting a new customers name in the system. The last thing you want to deal with is deleting an ap and reloading it. Customer service on management level is incredibly slow to respond if they ever do. The day to day service is very responsive. The rep also over sold us the program and sold us 2 registers and so we over paid $1,000 a year for 3 years until we caught it. Never heard back from upper management regarding a credit or a few free months. They are very responsive when you are up for review though! ALSO beware of their own integrative payment processing that they tell you will save you a lot of $, not really true.Get it in writing. First of all they will take their fee right off the top daily, so forget trying to reconcile your statement with your daily reports. You will get paid for Wed, Thur & friday the following Tuesday...so your cash flow is delayed. Way slow!!!!!!

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed eCommerce

5 years ago it was the best option.

Ken from Running Lab

Lightspeed can take your retail store to the next level...with some work!

Pros

3rd Party integrations, 1st party ecom integrations, Cayan payment integration, and the robust special order system that is rooted in the entire platform. These are the big ones but there is many more small things.

Cons

No POS is perfect so there are definitely things that could be fixed. I would say being able to redeem gift cards online is a big one. They know this though and are working on it. Also, being able to see Matrix inventory in regular retail vs just in Analytics but again very small things.

Jamie from Vintage Wine Cellars

Broad but often shallow

Pros

Lightspeed has a lot of options and is pretty well integrated. The connection between retail and ecom and loyalty in particular is great. Easy to use, easy to train staff on. Support is geared towards shopkeepers that aren't tech savvy. Look and feel of the software is good. The Retail POS has good reporting, good inventory featrures. The Loyalty add on is a great, easy to use program (with some challenges, so make sure you clarify your needs) and well priced.

Cons

The strategy seems to be "offer a little of everything" - but we have found that means broad functionality, but not deep functionality. In the Retail package, several basic retail store based point of sale features are missing, and according to their customer ideas forum are "Not Planned". Lack of fractional items means you can't use it to sell bulk items or anything where you need to enter a fractional quantity like '1.25'. Promotions and discounts are so limited as to be almost non-existent. While you can take simple % or $ discounts, you can't do item quantity discounts (no BOGO, no case discount), no promotional coupons, very limited automated discounting. Support says "let employees manually add discounts or change prices" which is crazy - a great way to increase shrink and sweethearting at the cash wrap. While you can create custom fields, they don't do anything - can't report on them, can't search on them, can't see them in the transaction. After being impressed with the initial demo (the broad functionality led us to believe it was deep as well) and the friendly sales team, we were super surprised during implementation that we couldn't do 50% of the things we needed to do during the actual cash register sales transaction. The ecom side seems to be more complete - it actually does have item/quantity discounts. The only challenge we have had there is lack of support (without paying extra for a third party add-on) for local delivery.

Jessica from Home Goods of Margaretville

Wouldn't Ever Use Anything Else

Pros

It's easy out of the box to understand. If you have any computer literacy, it's super easy to navigate. Onboarding team members is easy, special orders are a breeze. I love the back door integration to Mail Chimp.

Cons

There are a few glitches. When I update prices in a Purchase Order, they don't update in the original item which means my margins are slightly off.

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed eCommerce

It was easier and less expensive.

Andy from Shore Cycling Sports

Great Company and Outstanding Product.

Pros

We run a one location bicycle sales and repair shop in NJ. For the past 10 years we used Microsoft Dynamics Point of Sale. Because Microsoft chose to exit the Point of Sale space, we needed to replace our system, with something that was flexible, cloud based, and expandable. Another key requirement was solid technical support 24-7, 365. We looked at many systems and settled on Lightspeed. We converted our files and system a little over a year ago, over the Thanksgiving weekend, 2017. I cannot begin to tell you how happy we have been. The conversion went as close to seamless as possible, the on boarding and continuing support is outstanding, and the product fits our needs beyond our expectations. We have been using it now for over a year and are extremely happy with the product. In fact, we just persuaded our friend who operates a bait and tackle shop to also use Lightspeed. We highly recommend Lightspeed.

Cons

If we had to pick one item that could a little work it would be the year end annual inventory module. There is no current capability to be able to scan all on hand inventory into the system and compare it against on hand computer balances.

Garrett from Scripted Healthcare System

We Tried Them All: Vend, Shopify, HikePOS, NCR SIlver, Square, BigCommerce, ShopKeep, etc

Truly the best POS out there, they just get it.

Pros

As a nonprofit it's mandatory we are in compliance with General Accepted Accounting Principles. We have complex inventory logistics with different locations which made finding a good solution, difficult at the very least. Truthfully, if Lightspeed didn't work we would have moved to a mainframe system. What's difficult about the POS systems is that you don't realize everything you need until you've invested so much time. It's either their inventory management, how they integrate with your online platform, how well they integrate with other programs (despite how much they assure you) or how clueless their support. From the beginning, we drilled down with Lightspeed and even refused to sign a year commitment because we were skeptical. But having been with the program now several months you will not regret starting with LightSpeed first or if you're looking for a better solution switching. Their support has a phone (which is rare) and is very well trained. The product really has excellent features that function as they are supposed to and the capacity to grow with you.

Cons

I wish we could have found them earlier, better marketing online would have saved us so much time, money and resources from getting drawn in from other POS systems that continued to come up short.

John from Shooters Paradise

Lightspeed Retail POS

With Lightspeed's eCom we found the solution we were searching for. Real time updates and the ease to upload inventory is just amazing. We also needed an interface with Quickbooks accounting software. With the Quickbooks interface, we reduced daily accounting hours by almost 60%!

Pros

I like the flexibility of the POS software. As the General Manager and the one who chose the software, I was often contacted by an employee that needed help. As a cloud based software, I can log in with my Ipad, Laptop, or my phone to help them. Their 24/7 helpline is amazing...Other software companies, especially those on the east coast that aren't 24/7 are a real pain to deal with on the west coast.

Cons

My only wish is that Lightspeed had a "Trade-In" tab to make trade-ins easier.

Teresa from Mountaintop Faith Ministries

Staying relevant

Accounting

Pros

It's easy to use for first time retail cashiers.

Cons

How long it takes to capture and/or locate a customer in order to attach them to a sale.

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed eCommerce

It was the best fit for all we were needed it to do.

Peter from Brompton Bicycle

Industry: Sporting Goods

The ideal POS for cycling retail

When Brompton Bicycle was looking for a POS system, we needed something with robust features, simple employee interface, powerful management/analytics tools, and a global presence to support our growing international network. Lightspeed was the ideal choice as they offer a retail centric platform that makes selling easy for staff and provide powerful analytics, accounting, and payment extensions that make the remote management of multi locations much easier. We especially enjoy the vendor integrations within the cycling industry as well as bicycle service modules which are non-existant in other POS offerings. We also heavily utilize the automated reporting functions through Lightspeed Analytics. Combine all that with a cloud/app based interface and you get a system that can be up and running in a matter of days for a very easy to swallow price tag. When you need support - you have a dedicated account manager and responsive tech team ready to make it happen. I'd recommend Lightspeed over any other POS solution for cycling retail.

Pros

Easy sales oriented user experience for employees The best bicycle service workflow module available Powerful and robust reporting extension - Lightspeed Analytics

Cons

Fewer extensions/app integrations when compared with Shopify

SHELLEY from GRAPENUTS WINE

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Lightspeed is the way to go!

Lightspeed's customer support is top notch! Any time we have a question or an issue, they can be reached immediately and handle the issue in a timely manner.

Pros

The software is reasonably priced and very user friendly.

Cons

Being an independent retail wine shop, we have a very limited budget. We would like to obtain the analytics component in additional to our current plan, however it is not in our means.

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed eCommerce

We chose Lightspeed because it was reasonably priced, user-friendly and could meet many of our needs.

Sizakele from Patusie Clothing and Accessories

Ease of generation of Reports

Pros

I chose Lightspeed Retail POS software because apart from system to process my sales I needed an easy and quick way to review my stock levels as well as assess my sales from month to month. Lightspeed did not disappoint. I am able to easily generate reports and I’ve also been able to do away with the cost of engaging an employee to do this. The software is also very accessible for someone who is not familiar with POS plus there are ready videos to help whenever I need do something new that I hadn’t done yet.

Cons

For some reason I struggle with adding a new item while I’m making a sale. I end up showing negative stock and still have to go back and add the quantity from the inventory tab which makes me make the customer wait longer than they should. Perhaps it comes down to me not knowing how to do this properly. I’m not sure.

Wendy from Feen's Country Living Inc

Excellent POS for Mac users: we are a retail store

Inventory control, purchasing, calculating monthly sales tax, reviewing product histories, creating customer lists.

Pros

We can now track our order requests, simplifying our purchase order process; we can review our best sellers, and create necessary reports fairly quickly with the ability to filter the fields we need. The support team is awesome and are very willing to work with us to fix any issues that often are user created.

Cons

We've experienced some bugs in the software, but updates keep coming through which correct most of them. The user manual can be cumbersome at times but with persistence we usually can find the answers we need. I wish there were a way to automatically put in zip codes when an address is put into a customer card; also wish there was a prompt for a duplicate address.

Clif from Gakona Lodge

Industry: Restaurants

This company is all about sales and has no interest in fairness or retaining customers.

I run a tiny seasonal business for which this system was intended. If someone is unhappy with my service, refunding their money is not always my first approach, but if I know that I've fallen short on service, I absolutely look for a fair solution. I was fine with keeping the hardware originally sent to me and even paying for the time lapse on the software, but to say that all software sales are final when they are the one that set the contract lengths to being with is just shady and downright distasteful. It's not like they put money into developing software just for my company. In fact, any time I tried to get support to help tweak things, their support team seemed more annoyed than willing to help. Stay away from these guys.

Pros

I barely used this product. What sold me on it initially were the demos in being able to have a simple interface for my employees on both the retail and restaurant side and a much more detailed backend than square that supposedly integrates nicely with Quickbooks.

Cons

I was very specific about my operating needs. I am also very busy with small children and multiple businesses. The onboarding was described as very simple, and it was not. I needed three systems, and was told that was what I was paying for. They shot me an invoice which I did not read thoroughly enough. They put in fine print on the invoice that the invoice and payment is acceptance or their sales terms which you have to then go to their website to read. Once I asked for the hardware items that they did not send me, they also charged me for a bunch of extra software that were not part of the original sales discussion or even the second sales discussion. They never refunded me for two years of unused software when I decided that I was not interested in doing business with such a shady company. No class.

Response from Brenin

Replied October 2017

Hello Clif, We would like to apologize for the service experience you had with Lightspeed. It is our utmost priority to provide a product and service that allows our customers to focus on running their businesses with ease. We appreciate the feedback you have given us on our sales and onboarding processes and will be taking it into account in the future to ensure a better experience for other Lightspeed customers. In regards to amending your contract, we would again like to apologize for any confusion or miscommunication. We had hoped the offer we presented and discussed in detail would have allowed us to move forward in your relationship with Lightspeed. Once again, we apologize for your experience and that the decision we reached was not the outcome you desired. We appreciate your understanding, Customer Success Team Lightspeed

Earl from Earls Bicycle Store

Almost satisfied

I opted to go all out with Loyalty, Payments, Analytics, etc so that I'm dealing with less vendors, because in the past with any integrations etc the blame gets shoved to the other vendor when something isn't working

Pros

Cloud based, I can access from anywhere simple/easy to use paperless (of course) no need to backup/save copies operates on a tablet analytics, etc available integrations

Cons

customer service long hold times (phone) too big a company to have an assigned service rep that cares/understands your concerns no ability to operate temporarily in the event of an internet glitch

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed eCommerce

I choose Lightspeed's add on features to keep it simple and under one company.

Jim from SkateQuest

Great POS

We've really enjoyed the new system and been very happy with its ease of use and reporting, allowing for me to have a better understanding of the business and how its running and how to improve it.

Pros

I came from an older POS system, but in comparison to that, the ability to create and edit products, search and categorize products and general ease of use has been stellar. My staff picked up on it very quickly with no issues at all. The help in transferring over and importing our inventory was smooth and easy. The reporting is also a huge improvement over my previous system.

Cons

There are a few quirkly little things that could be better in the search system as well as in creating products. But they are all small items that would mainly just make it better, not so much as a fault.

Eve from BREA Boutique

3 year happy customer!

Pros

Once you learn the POS system, it's great. We have had a few hiccups along the way, which I am sure happens when integrating any new POS system. The customer service has been great for us and usually if the question isn't answered right away, it tends to be solved in a timely manner from higher up. They have never left me hanging and if it has been an issue they can't solve because it is outside of Lightspeeds' realm of service, they always have advice in what the potential problem could be and how to address it with a local IT guy. I like the intelligence and reporting of the program. All in all a great system.

Cons

We don't have access to a rep or anyone to train us on the system, so I spent countless hours on learning the system, which in the end was a good thing to force me to really understand the program. I do have to say the tutorials were a great help.

Daelan from Poppy Barley

Effective Inventory Management

Pros

The software is easy to use and feature rich.

Cons

The integration with Shopify requires a 3rd party integration tool that is messy. We had a lot of issues getting it to play nice with Shopify.

Julie from Tools 4 Teaching

Best Retail Improvement

We recently switched to Lightspeed from a different POS, and I can't say enough great things. They helped us seamlessly switch during December so we would be fully operational at the beginning of the new year. Any time I reach out to Customer Support, the service is wonderful, and my questions are fully answered during my call. They go over and beyond to ensure my satisfaction each and every time. We have almost 9,000 different products, and I wish we would have gone with Lightspeed two years ago when we opened. Lightspeed excels with inventory management and eCom synchronization. My vendors love the format of my purchase orders, and it is very easy to receive new inventory! I was able to train our four employees in less than an hour! If on the fence in choosing companies, you will not regret making Lightspeed your winning choice!

Pros

My inventory is finally right after being in business for two years! Doing a physical count of inventory was simple with the capabilities of running multiple inventory stations at once. Lightspeed Loyalty is seamlessly integrated! Lightspeed has amazing eCom synchronization.

Cons

I know it sounds cliche, but I don't have a least. My only area of concern, is the credit account prints as a transaction ticket instead of invoice. Once my vendor know this change, it hasn't been a problem.

Dain from Thunderpaws Pet Shoppe

Great for my pet store.

For the pet industry they already have tons of catalogs of items from common distributors, this makes setting up a new store very quick and easy. It also helps my employees track down special items for customers that we may not regularly stock.

Pros

It greatly reduces my workload as a small business owner and lets me do a lot of work from the comfort of my home. It also provides absolutely incredible information through their analytics that has already saved me thousands of dollars in the 6 months I've been using that side of the program.

Cons

I do have to have a constant connection to the internet to use it. If I have technical problems with my hardware or connection it can screw things up. Fortunately they have a great iPad app, so I got a cell enabled iPad just incase I have any problems on my side. It also allows me sell at events, so generally it worked out.

Lori from CHARIHO Regional School District

LightSpeed ROCKS!

We recently had a budgetary conflict from when we built the budget to now with the renewal. Our rep worked with us so closely that the conflict was non-existent. There was no hassle. Unlike far too many companies, I truly felt like our rep wanted to have complete satisfaction from his/her client. That's hard to find now-adays. Thank you "M"!!!

Pros

The organization of the software is perfect for our use. Recently, we began using the Invoicing part of the software over a Google form.

Cons

I wish the reporting functions were more user friendly

Damon from Artful Ellijay

Hands down the best

Hands down one of the best companies to work with. Forget their industry, you could put this company in any vertical and they would succeed. I believe their management puts the employees first which creates happy employees and enables them to serve their customers to the fullest.

Pros

I like how robust and capable the software is however, its presentation is so crisp and streamline its incredibly easy to use.

Cons

The application for mobile is my least favorite. I use Ipads in my stores and the app crashes constantly. The good news is the troubleshooting is never very complicated and usually takes 2-3 minutes to solve but it happens enough to be noticeable.

Trevor from MEADIAsolutions

Powerfull Service Module and Inventory Management

Pros

We are using the Onsite Version. The Service Module integrates with the web store which allows customers to view their work orders online in real time. The service module also integrates beautifully with Apple's Service API. For sales the POS Screen takes 10 minutes to learn. Very nice layout. The Storemaster Module is available for back-end and power-users. It's got a logical interface and powerful customization such as smart finds and trackers that can be constantly tweaked to improve efficiencies. I absolutely love this program and so do all the staff that use it.

Cons

I like it all. There are a couple of more features I would like to see to simplify workflow (like an instant email function for work orders) but hopefully those will be implemented with time.

Jean from CK

Great software........but

Pros

I like most everything - it’s pretty easy to use.

Cons

The BIGGEST negative with this software is there isn’t any registry capabilities! How can you have a POS system for retail without being able to offer customers a bridal registry? Thousands of dollars are being lost every year because of this. If I had any say about it, I would use a different software all because of this.

Ewan from Berts Sports

Your business in the Cloud

Pros

What a great way to simplify your business. All sales, inventory, work orders , quotes in the cloud and accessible at any time. Being able to watch your business flows from home on the weekend is a key attraction of this software. You can do a transaction from anywhere you have a computer/tablet

Cons

Well it isnt cheap but nothing good is right?

Ellen

The BEST Support Team! Love Lightspeed!

Pros

I run my POS and ecom with Lightspeed, and I find the system easy to use. The support is top notch! I rarely have to wait on hold, and I get assistance right away. Everyone is friendly and helpful. I appreciate how they are constantly making improvements that help the small business run more efficiently! Thank you!

Cons

I paid for year of Lightspeed Analytics (not cheap!), but found that feature a little hard to use. It may be better for a larger company with multiple locations.

rhondda from mimi & red inc

Long time customer of Lightspeed

We chose this product to have a unified inventory and POS with our 2 stores and online store. It has been a great experience growing and seeing Lightspeed grow as well. Customer service has always been great!

Pros

The regular updates and revisions when there are glitches.

Cons

The phone app doesn't always work properly.

September 2011

Jeffrey from MacMechanic

September 2011

Our company has been using LightSpeed since version 1.0 came out in 2005. Most of our inventory is high-valued and serialized and LightSpeed has been crucial in our successful management. Powerful inventory reports are a few clicks away... very nice. We came from POS-IM, another Mac-based POS software. We've evaluated them a few times over the years (most recently about six months ago) and they can't hold a flame to LightSpeed. LightSpeed is far from perfect, but there's nothing better on a Mac and nothing can touch its features for the price on the PC side. LightSpeed Mobile is a real added bonus that we use daily for inventory lookups and sales creation. We can either complete the sale right on the device, a sled and iPod -- same that Apple uses in their stores, or pass it off to a POS station. The POS screen is quick and easy to use. The back-end browser is more functional, but can have a bit of lag doing certain tasks (POs with a hundred items, for instance). It was lightning fast in version 2.x, but the database in 3.x has slowed it down. It gets better in every build and hopefully we'll see it return to the 2.x PO speed soon. LightSpeed's support was incredible a couple years ago, but it certainly took a blow when they started experiencing so much growth. I'm happy to say that support is back to an acceptable manner. When I call, I'll get a CSR who can point me where I need to be. This was a much-needed improvement. Bottom line is that we can't imagine using another piece of software to run our business. It's powerful, sleek, functional, and certainly packs a wow factor for our customers.

peter from Farmers Daughter Hotel

Support nice but lacking , No API support, Reporting very sub-par

I do more work now then I did with old system because I am having to craft many report I need to run my day to day business

Pros

Ease of use. Layout is simple. It is so simple most of it is fairly to figure out. But with simplicity comes lack of features.

Cons

The support department not very helpful. They are super nice though. The reporting is very basic - for a restaurant you really need good reporting. They are tied to 2 CC vendors since the switch to Lightspeed our fee's have gone way up. They have advanced reports but these are very basic not sure why they call them advance. Since reporting is so lacking they have Partners they recommend, I spoke to a partner and they said they rely on the API, so I figured before I sign up let me ask Lightspeed about the API- Radio Silence, they told to post in the Community Forum - I did - no response. I am confused why any one would want to be partnering with a company that does support their own API. If you are looking for something a little better than square then this would be it. But I am not sure honestly Square is not to bad..

Geoff from Two Broke Spokes

Bike Shop System

We use Lightspeed to help run everything for our bike shop. It has been easy to work with and learn on the fly. Customer service has been easy as well.

Pros

This system is very easy to use as a POS, inventory management, and schedule work orders for the shop.

Cons

Two different options for sales screens that function differently.

Marien from The Kitchenette, LLC

Very user-friendly

Seamless communication with credit card processor, so easy to keep track of inventory, many useful reporting functions.

Pros

Easy to train all my employees to use it.

Cons

There isn't an app where I can quickly check on sales when I'm not in the shop (I have to log in on my phone).

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed eCommerce

Good reviews, good customer service

Selina from Rack Stacker Inc.

Industry: Wholesale

This lighspeed program is a great tool to our business to provide quick and efficent service!

Keep up the good work!

Pros

We love the layout and the Search Engine Optimization! We can look up customer info and previous purchases easily. The program is very easy to navigate thru! :) and easy to use on the fly from our mobile. Definitely worth the move to a new POS system. AND the support staff are great!!

Cons

connecting the accounting side of things thru shogo - to QuickBooks. But, it has its advantages that they are separate too.

July 2015

Luke from XL Print & Design

July 2015

THIS IS A POORLY DESIGNED PRODUCT IF YOU HAVE A DYNAMIC BUSINESS

Pros

If you have a touch screen option, I found setting up the touch screen to be easy. With the current updates, you are allowed to use more colours to identify buttons. Unlike previous POS system I have used it is easy to change the order of the buttons. Once you have entered your inventory and identified it, it is fairly easy to modify the price of a single item.

Cons

Probably the worst pos system I have ever dealt with in my 20 years of customer service. It is nothing but fancy glam over garbage. If you are looking for a POS system that has easy to use pricing matrices, can handle an inventory of 1000 or more items. This is not a pos system for you. If you have a booming etsy store and want to organize your sales. This is the product for you. Lightspeed is designed for one time clients/customers, it is not designed for repeat customers. It is not designed for to handle work orders, dockets, or to help in the organization of incoming orders. This is purely designed for if the customer orders a sandwich, they receive a sandwich. I would not suggest this for any shop that has any complexities to there business(multiple billing options) or inventory (over 1000 item inventory) or pricing (quantitative pricing).

Good System

Elina from White Wave Sportswear Inc

Positive experience

Pros

How pleasing to the eye it is, how there are so many reports and options to work with, how many details it can capture, how all is synced to one system and the Lightspeed staff is fantastic as well. It is so easy to use, help is always around and the system allows for add ons. Would like to eventually take advantage of their Lightspeed Analytics to get the full benefit of this POS.

Cons

When entering a massive PO into the system, there are 2 ways to go about it, but sometimes I wish there was a different and more easier way to go about entering such POs. A method that would allow for a quick import, without skewing the styles that have already been created too much. This is just a minor downer that I have managed to get the hang of.

Nate from ECHO Inc

A solid POS with an excellent omnichannel experience.

We were looking for a POS system with an excellent eCommerce integration. Lightspeed was our first choice and we have not yet been disappointed.

Pros

Browser-based POS works better than we expected. Hardware integration works flawlessly. Easy learning curve, our staff picked it up in one day. Many configurable options, we haven't found anything it can't do. The on-boarding process and support were above average; specifically, the import tool is the best we've ever used. The interface is quite modern, clean, and intuitive. Integration with the eCommerce is rock solid, inventory sync woes are a thing of the past.

Cons

The reporting options are quite limited unless you buy up. Data conversion during on-boarding has a slow turnaround if you don't use the automated import tools. While Retail and eCommerce are well integrated, there are two separate interfaces for management, this keeps clear separation, but adds additional labor.

Brody from Triggers and Bows

Lightspeed Retail is one of the easiest POS systems that I've ever used!

Reports is fairly easy, and it makes overall inventory management easy to use when it's done right. Transactions are smooth and, again, easy to complete.

Pros

I like that the software looks nice and it's very user friendly. Updates are made often to keep things getting better.

Cons

Sometimes there are features that are fairly industry-specific and can't be customized to work more efficiently for a specific industry.

Ben from Bistro and Bakery

Industry: Restaurants

Lightspeed (aka Snail Speed)

Upon, attending the NRA in Chicago, we thought we found an awesome new POS system for our bistro. We were expecting that we would run our operation more efficiently than we have in the past, but Lightspeed is really not restaurant friendly. The system is so cumbersome and simple operations are very time consuming (our operation, like all restaurants, needs fast and easy transactions). Most upsetting is that we were misled in many ways by the Lightspeed sales rep. Upon giving the rep our list of requirements we were told the system is fully capable. Currently, we are unable to manually process credit cards although the Rep assured us that they work with our processor, Vantiv/Mercury. We were also told our printers would work with the POS system, but after install, we soon realized that none of our printers were compatible and we had to order another equipment which cost us a lot. Lightspeed does not appear to have been written by someone in the restaurant industry as there are certain functions that are common in our industry that is not available. Or if they are available they are so out of wack and really clumsy. If you think you might want this system, here is a list of functions you might want to try before buying: Voids and Discounts, Splitting guest checks, BOH reporting (specifically End of Day, Cashout reporting, if you are going to use registers), Barista’s claiming tips, To-Go module or fast transaction module (almost laughable as nothing this system does is fast). I urge you not to make the system mistake as I did and look elsewhere. If you have a restaurant think twice, and anything you choose DEMO, DEMO, DEMO. If you do settle on Lightspeed, I would get all of your requirements or a list of things your rep has told you the system will do in writing and get a contract signed because they are probably misleading you just as I was. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere (Revel, Touchbistro, RM POS, Aloha, Micros)

Caitlin from Cuisine de Manille

Lightspeed Retail Review

Pros

1) Easy to use! (No matter who uses it, it's easy to pick up because it's straight forward) 2) You can customize it to your liking! (It caters to both our catering and dine-in business) 3) AMAZING customer support! (Whether on the phone , chat or simply browsing through their website, your questions will always be answered!)

Cons

It would be nice if there was a little more face-to-face interactions between the client and the company for a more personal relationship.

Mark from Precision Bikes

Literspeed is a great product for Precision Bikes

Pros

The thing I like most about Litespeed is its ease of use. Within minutes I was able to navigate through and print a ticket.

Chris from ZZYXX Shoes

Best retail product on the market

Pros

From the first day I was introduced to this product I liked it and within the first week of using it consistently I have to say I loved all aspects of it.

Linda from Snowshoe Inn

Why did we wait so long!?

Management and Staff are very pleased with the system.

Pros

Lightspeed allowed us to eliminate our 45 year old paper/pen procedures. Great customer service - techs and sale persons were always super helpful (and still are when we need them - they are right there)

Cons

We are still experimenting with the Lightspeed POS and would like to see more detailed break-down of sales without purchasing additional modules to do so.

Elea from elea blake

Older generation might like it

Terrible honestly. The business owner has been with them for years and I inherited that relationship. Honestly dealing with them is the most frustrating part of my day and we've wasted thousands on them.

Pros

The only pro of lightspeed is that you can talk to actual people and you can request callbacks

Cons

- Sales people lie or have no idea what the product can do - They transfer you around a lot because they don't know what is going on - They try to blame their software failure on you because they are banking on you not knowing anything about computers - The program itself is clunky and the e-commerce side is extremely unfriendly to change design of or control appearance. Most layouts aren't very mobile friendly - Important features have taken years to be developed... and still haven't

July 2016

James from Recess

July 2016

We are VERY happy we chose Lightspeed

Pros

Cons

I do not like that they do not believe in negative numbers. Their method of getting around using them is unnecessarily confusing and problematic.

Julia from Olivia Ryan, LLC

October 2015

My business experience with Lightspeed has been a positive one.

Pros

Lightspeed is a simple user-friendly POS. This POS system is packed with all the time-saving features retailers need to run and grow their small business. It comes with advanced, yet easy-to-use tools to help you save time and boost your sales. The sales agents are ready to set your business with the right hardware. Lightspeed has AWSOME customer service.

Cons

The only thing I wish this system would have is the option to choose the credit card processor of my choice.

Donald from Green Acres Kennel Shop

LightSpeed - One of my best decisions

We started using LightSpeed in May of 2015 after using another product for many years. LightSpeed made the transition as seamless as it could be, translating our old data. Our staff, us managers included, were able to come up to speed quickly, making the transition period easy for our clients as well. We love the power that LightSpeed gives us in maintaining and analyzing our data.

Pros

It works as promised, and sometimes even better. The customer service team is very responsive and always cheerful.

Cons

There were a couple of weeks of glitches and difficulty contacting customer service, but they have been resolved. Even during that period, you did admit to the problem and continued to maintain communications with us.

August 2016

Sean from The Bullitt Company, LLC

August 2016

Lightspeed POS is a turnkey operation.

Pros

I really like how simple the system is to use. The fact that it is cloud based makes it possible for me, as a small business owner to work on administrative tasks from another computer. We use lightspeed to a dedicated PC register and have no problem logging into a seperate computer for inventory management tasks such as placing POs, Checking in inventory, modifying prices, and such. I find value in the fact that an ecommerce module is readily available and all programming is user friendly. program will work (with an additional module.) TONS of free/included tech assistance. Automatically imported products via catlogs.<--- saves a ton of time!

Cons

We initially took interest for the ecommerce module but currently the ecommerce ability will not function with serialized items. Secondly, im having difficulty using my current credit card processor.